PDA

View Full Version : That was excellent

yerauldda
16-03-2019, 05:09 PM
Absolutely terrific performance. Omeonga, Milligan and Hanlon absolutely superb.

The heck got the team and shape absolutely spot on.

Well done, Hibs.

Mango Man
16-03-2019, 05:12 PM
It really was night and day compared to the last game against them, we controlled it really from start to finish, great team performance.

IWasThere2016
16-03-2019, 05:12 PM
Great result.. forgive me but needed a Well goal for ma coupon and would've taken 2-1 😁

HFC_NYC
16-03-2019, 05:16 PM
It was excellent. That's exactly what football is all about. Solid defending and flowing football. You really can't ask for more. The only downside I can see would be that McNulty and Omeonga are unlikely to be here next season. Also, special mention to Marvin Bartley....absolutely solid.

Keith_M
16-03-2019, 05:30 PM
Motherwell really came back into the game second half and showed they are a decent side.

A very good win under a very good coach

PatHead
Really enjoyed that. Everyone played their part.

The team above us will be worried.

Ozyhibby
Great performance all round. Milligan and Hanlon excellent at the back, omeonga busy in midfield and McNulty class up front. Stand out for me was Mallan though. Best performance for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlesgaeHibby
16-03-2019, 05:31 PM
Really enjoyed that. Everyone played their part.

The team above us will be worried.

With Naismith humped we will finish above them.

sean04
16-03-2019, 05:32 PM
Players are leaving the park exhausted. Fantastic work rate

The Modfather
Motherwell really came back into the game second half and showed they are a decent side.

A very good win under a very good coach

I didn’t make the game today. Did any of the much heralded Motherwell youngsters stand out?

worcesterhibby
Great performance all round. Milligan and Hanlon excellent at the back, omeonga busy in midfield and McNulty class up front. Stand out for me was Mallan though. Best performance for a while.

I listened on Hibstv and gave up counting the number of times Cliff described Mallon winning the ball back for Hibs. :thumbsup:

PatHead
I didn’t make the game today. Did any of the much heralded Motherwell youngsters stand out?

No.

calumhibee1
Very pleasing performance today. Think there’s still more to come but everyone played pretty well and we saw out the game so comfortably. Special mentions for Milligan, Omeonga and McNulty who I thought were all outstanding.

neil7908
16-03-2019, 05:36 PM
Great performance and result, must hope we can keep ahold of the key guys on loan!

Diclonius
That was our best performance under Hecky so far - brilliant. 2-0 going on 4.

howdenthehibby
PH sure knows how to set up a team , his philosophy is now starting to catch on.Can't wait to see what he can do with some of his own signings added to this squad.

Bob Box Fish
16-03-2019, 05:45 PM
First half reminded me of John Collins hibs when they were on cue.

Lewiehas2
16-03-2019, 05:45 PM

Pretty much exactly as I saw it, Mallan was superb (as was everyone, but he stepped it up a notch)

Springbank
16-03-2019, 05:46 PM

the right winger is a superb prospect. rapid. good control.

both lewis & mackie did well today against him.
.but that laddie is a talent no doubts about it

ChicoM1875
16-03-2019, 05:48 PM
Pretty much exactly as I saw it, Mallan was superb (as was everyone, but he stepped it up a notch)

Mallan has been using his arse John Mcginn style to win the ball in the last couple of games.

wookie70
16-03-2019, 05:55 PM
No failures today and the hardest I have seen a Hibs team work for a while. Milligan was my MOTM but there was a case to make for half our team to be MOTM. Mallan was excellent and was actually a ball winning midfielder today. Special mention to Flo who worked tirelessly down the left and still got into the danger zone when needed

Bishop Hibee
16-03-2019, 06:02 PM
Great performance against a team in form. No failures. Best game Hanlon has had since his return from injury. Well deserved 3 points.

Since452
16-03-2019, 06:11 PM
Very good today against a team only Celtic have beaten this year

Gmack7
16-03-2019, 06:13 PM
the outfield to a man were excellent including all 3 subs,Rocky had one of his quietest games in a long time, great performance and result

Sir David Gray
16-03-2019, 06:14 PM
We were outstanding today, it's the most dominant midfield display we've had all season. Omeonga and Horgan were brilliant.

GreenCastle
16-03-2019, 06:18 PM
Well done everyone at Hibs today.

A really good performance and enjoyable game.

Can see improvements and as others have said the work rate has really increased.

A fantastic start to being manager for Heck. Keep it up.

Smartie
16-03-2019, 06:40 PM
It was a good day out.

I was looking forward to it, big game for us with a fair bit at stake and a lot of missing players.

We wer excellent to a man. The makeshift defence looked solid throughout, midfield dominated the game from the start and our strikers looked dangerous against a team who clearly had a few very good players.

Without wanting to look for any negatives, it does make me have a few regrets about how this season has panned out. It really shouldn't take us so long into a season to get our team looking the part, the same happened last season. Hopefully we'll learn from this, realise that there are points to be played for from early August and get a team unit ready in time for next season.

matty_f
16-03-2019, 06:45 PM
Well worth the three points today, we were excellent all over the park and thoroughly deserved to win.

We look much better going forward than we have done since last season, and it looked like we'd add to the lead a good few times in the second half.

As the OP said, that was excellent.

LustForLeith
16-03-2019, 07:09 PM
That was the best all round team performance in ages consodering the condictions were brutal

Hibee Mac
16-03-2019, 07:18 PM
Mallan looked good today in that deep role. He was strong in the tackle and used his body to get between the player and the ball more than a few times to great effect. First touch passing and keeping things flowing, keep it up!

Feel that Horgan really needs to get his head up and look for runners when he's on the ball centrally. All season hes been getting in great positions on the break taking the ball forward then wastes the ball more often than not.

Onion
16-03-2019, 07:18 PM
It really was night and day compared to the last game against them, we controlled it really from start to finish, great team performance.

Couldn't be there but so pleased to hear the raving reports about the team, players and set up. Heck can look back at his first few weeks in charge with a lot of satisfaction. I thought top 6 was gone in Jan with the injuries and morale, but he's defied the odds with some solid winning displays. Getting there is first base, taking it on and competing with the top 6 is another level for Heck to grapple with. How far can he take us in the remaining games ? Above Hearts would be an amazing achievement, anything above that and he'll have worked wonders.

If he has an eye for a player and Hibs signing policy works in the summer, we've got good times ahead.

Nicho87
16-03-2019, 07:22 PM
Really liked the look of that 4-1-2-3 set-up. Loved it actually. Flow and Horgan wide. Much preferred it to 4-4-2. Good work hibs.

Besties Debut
16-03-2019, 07:23 PM
What a difference McNulty has made. A proper striker who can score goals, hold up play, link with Flo and get into positions...Jamie McClaren couldn't lace his boots

Pretty Boy
16-03-2019, 07:27 PM
Excellent sums it up. We pressed them, we worked hard, we defended well, our goalkeeper was good and we scored 2 good goals (counting the build up to the penalty as part of that goal).

I just wish some fans would give the manager a chance and acknowledge the job he has done. Guy behind me moaned his tits off for 90 minutes and even referred to us an 'embarrassment' at one point.

stantonhibby
16-03-2019, 07:31 PM
Excellent sums it up. We pressed them, we worked hard, we defended well, our goalkeeper was good and we scored 2 good goals (counting the build up to the penalty as part of that goal).

I just wish some fans would give the manager a chance and acknowledge the job he has done. Guy behind me moaned his tits off for 90 minutes and even referred to us an 'embarrassment' at one point.

Indeed....bloke behind us moaning about Mallan the whole game. Not wanting to start a thread but the amount of folk streaming for the exits at 80 mins was surprising.

I_Love_Latapy
16-03-2019, 07:39 PM
Not wanting to start a thread but the amount of folk streaming for the exits at 80 mins was surprising.

Amazes me every match. If you pay for 90 mins, then why not watch and support for 90 mins?

Onceinawhile
16-03-2019, 07:51 PM
Indeed....bloke behind us moaning about Mallan the whole game. Not wanting to start a thread but the amount of folk streaming for the exits at 80 mins was surprising.

No it wasn't. Yes we played very well, but the weather was bogging and the game was all but finished.

I stayed until the final whistle, but I was straight out and away without waiting to clap like I normally do.

calumhibee1
16-03-2019, 08:00 PM

You don’t by any chance sit in the East, somewhere around seat 90 do you? Guy behind me is becoming unbearable. Absolutely loses the plot every time someone makes a mistake, “JUST ****ING LAUNCH IT” is his favourite phrase and every one of our players is declared a ****ing coward/waste of skin at least twice a game.

Thank **** we don’t play football his way or we’d make hearts look like Barca.

GreenCastle
16-03-2019, 08:18 PM
What a difference McNulty has made. A proper striker who can score goals, hold up play, link with Flo and get into positions...Jamie McClaren couldn't lace his boots

Agreed.

We have various threats going forward now. The group is coming together nicely. Even Fraser Murray back after such a long time out.

Regarding fans leaving.. traffic..travel..weather..rugby..family events - the list goes on. Least they attend and pay £ for the club.

More concerned about the usual empty seats in Famous Five.

Hibbyradge
16-03-2019, 08:20 PM
Amazes me every match. If you pay for 90 mins, then why not watch and support for 90 mins?

Because you can't pay for just 80.

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 08:26 PM
Fantastic tactics today. We have some head coach.

theonlywayisup
16-03-2019, 09:03 PM
Think that was our best performance this season, that I've watched.

Vini1875
16-03-2019, 09:07 PM
I think we are thin on quality in the team and squad but PH has them playing as a team and for each other was brilliant to witness. I am getting optimistic about what he might achieve with more quality.

Diclonius
16-03-2019, 09:12 PM

I moved seat today due to all the free spots and there was a guy a few rows behind who for the first 10 minutes was moaning very loudly at every little stray pass or poor passage of play.

However, after we started playing a wee bit better (and eventually a lot better) he changed his tune, eventually raving about our performance (still very loudly) by the end. Fair play.

MSK
16-03-2019, 09:33 PM
What a difference McNulty has made. A proper striker who can score goals, hold up play, link with Flo and get into positions...Jamie McClaren couldn't lace his bootsAye, a loanee tae, you must be gutted 😆

MWHIBBIES
16-03-2019, 09:51 PM

FF upper? Just to the right of the goal?

Shrekko
16-03-2019, 09:54 PM

It seems to be getting worse ... absolutely bizarre today. If the players don’t shake hands quickly there’s nobody left in the ground to applaud.

Most enjoyable Hibs performance for a long time. A lot of players showing that they actually ARE good players ... Horgan, Mallan, Milligan and Flo the best examples. However ... to see Paul Hanlon back to his best must be the biggest positive of all!

AFKA5814_Hibs
16-03-2019, 10:00 PM
It seems to be getting worse ... absolutely bizarre today. If the players don’t shake hands quickly there’s nobody left in the ground to applaud.

Most enjoyable Hibs performance for a long time. A lot of players showing that they actually ARE good players ... Horgan, Mallan, Milligan and Flo the best examples. However ... to see Paul Hanlon back to his best must be the biggest positive of all!

A really good team performance, they deserved to be applauded off the park. I know it's not just a Hibs problem, it happens at all grounds, but there are times I wish folk would just wait a few minutes until the end of the game and clap the team off the park.

Besties Debut
16-03-2019, 10:05 PM
Aye, a loanee tae, you must be gutted 😆 Enjoy him for the next 2 months and then he will be offski and we will be looking for another striker

Brummie_Hibs
16-03-2019, 10:08 PM
Workmanlike performance. At times we played some great football, but at times, especially in the first half, we were sloppy. Motherwell were bad so we were never punished.

However, a very big win for us - a true 6 pointer.

overdrive
16-03-2019, 10:31 PM
Workmanlike performance. At times we played some great football, but at times, especially in the first half, we were sloppy. Motherwell were bad so we were never punished.

However, a very big win for us - a true 6 pointer.

I’d agree. I don’t mean to be negative but I don’t think we were half as good as folk are making out.

Milligan and Omeonga were outstanding. McNulty was good and Kamberi worked hard in an unfamiliar position. I thought Mallan was average at best. He absolutely craps it at any 50-50.

The bit that annoyed me (again) was the lack of pressing, especially in the first half. Don’t get me wrong it was a good performance. But not a great performance.

MSK
16-03-2019, 10:36 PM
Enjoy him for the next 2 months and then he will be offski and we will be looking for another strikerIm sure Heckers wlil be well aware of that 👍

BILLYHIBS
16-03-2019, 10:52 PM
I’d agree. I don’t mean to be negative but I don’t think we were half as good as folk are making out.

Milligan and Omeonga were outstanding. McNulty was good and Kamberi worked hard in an unfamiliar position. I thought Mallan was average at best. He absolutely craps it at any 50-50.

The bit that annoyed me (again) was the lack of pressing, especially in the first half. Don’t get me wrong it was a good performance. But not a great performance.

Said the same at the game today about Mallan on 50-50s

Got away with it today but if he does not start going in fully committed 100% he is going to get hurt

:confused:

stuart-farquhar
16-03-2019, 11:00 PM

Where do they go???

NAE NOOKIE
16-03-2019, 11:23 PM
I think the point is that it was an enjoyable game, Hibs looked up for it and when we didn't have the ball we made it really difficult for Motherwell to make anything out of their possession. It wasn't a brilliant performance, but it was a very good one which should have been rewarded with a 3rd goal in the 2nd half …. how the hell did Horgan miss :greengrin

Though we didn't have a failure on the park, Milligan, McNulty and Omeonga were stand outs for me and special mention to Kamberi who for the second game running worked really hard to defend his side of the park without neglecting his forward duties.

Lets hope the international break gives us a chance to get some of the injured players back. Its getting ridiculous, any more and we'll have to draft in players from the ladies team.

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 11:29 PM
Enjoy him for the next 2 months and then he will be offski and we will be looking for another striker

So will be the majority of the league.

MWHIBBIES
16-03-2019, 11:39 PM
Enjoy him for the next 2 months and then he will be offski and we will be looking for another striker

And we'll find one, like we found Riordan, O'Connor, Fletcher, Benji, Killen, Stokes, Griffiths, Cummings, Kamberi and McNulty.

vuefrom1875
16-03-2019, 11:40 PM
Very pleasing performance today. Think there’s still more to come but everyone played pretty well and we saw out the game so comfortably. Special mentions for Milligan, Omeonga and McNulty who I thought were all outstanding.

Milligan centre half..no nonsense clear your lines....immense today.

Besties Debut
16-03-2019, 11:44 PM
Im sure Heckers wlil be well aware of that �� Hopefully Heckers drives it home to the board how important he is to the team and gets them to splash the cash to sign him permanently

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 11:46 PM
Hopefully Heckers drives it home to the board how important he is to the team and gets them to splash the cash to sign him permanently

If it doesn’t work out that way I would try and get Naismith on a pre contract. Imagine him linking with Flo’ Allan and Horgan instead of watching a Berra hoof go over his head.

Pretty Boy
16-03-2019, 11:48 PM
FF upper? Just to the right of the goal?

Exactly there.

Smartie
16-03-2019, 11:49 PM
I think we are thin on quality in the team and squad but PH has them playing as a team and for each other was brilliant to witness. I am getting optimistic about what he might achieve with more quality.

I disagree.

I think we've got a fair bit of quality. There were one or two passages of play in the second half when we were knocking it about whilst being pressed by young, fit, good players on s dodgy pitch and it was a joy to behold.

We lack depth and we're down to the bare bones at the moment but I think there is some real quality there.

During the first half of the season we were clearly lacking something but the addition of the quality of McNulty and Omeonga we're seeing s lot more from the players who were already here.

We were very good today. I'm surprised we're not unanimous in that view tonight.

monktonharp
16-03-2019, 11:52 PM
not there today, but looking forward to tomorrow and discussing it with my auld uncle. Motherwell fan through and through but he's gettin' it tight while we have a dram :greengrin. have to admit, I was a bit worried as the ' Well have had a good few games recently. Sounds like we did quite "well" on the day. our branch will be running a bus to Livi as we are getting near crunch time and this result has encouraged a good few to book places on the bus. Hope we can take a fantastic support, to help drive our boys on.:flag:

Besties Debut
16-03-2019, 11:54 PM
I disagree.

I think we've got a fair bit of quality. There were one or two passages of play in the second half when we were knocking it about whilst being pressed by young, fit, good players on s dodgy pitch and it was a joy to behold.

We lack depth and we're down to the bare bones at the moment but I think there is some real quality there.

During the first half of the season we were clearly lacking something but the addition of the quality of McNulty and Omeonga we're seeing s lot more from the players who were already here.

We were very good today. I'm surprised we're not unanimous in that view tonight. We have brought in two above average players in Omeonga and McNulty and the other players around them are raising their game. It's a shame that Boyle and Porteous will probably not get the chance to play with them.

Wee Effen Bee
16-03-2019, 11:55 PM
You don’t by any chance sit in the East, somewhere around seat 90 do you? Guy behind me is becoming unbearable. Absolutely loses the plot every time someone makes a mistake, “JUST ****ING LAUNCH IT” is his favourite phrase and every one of our players is declared a ****ing coward/waste of skin at least twice a game.

Thank **** we don’t play football his way or we’d make hearts look like Barca.

I must sit near you both. It’s no me doing the barracking by the way 😁but we hear this guy who is so down on players/tactics/any sort of misplaced pass etc. My brother was getting a bit flustered by the gadgey’s randomly, negative outbursts.

HibeeHibernian4
17-03-2019, 12:01 AM
Just remembered that today could've gone very differently if Stevenson's one-two attempt with the post after twenty seconds had gone in.

What on earth was he thinking?

MWHIBBIES
17-03-2019, 12:04 AM
Exactly there.Yeah, you must be close to me, he's really annoying.

CockneyRebel
17-03-2019, 08:16 AM
If it doesn’t work out that way I would try and get Naismith on a pre contract. Imagine him linking with Flo’ Allan and Horgan instead of watching a Berra hoof go over his head.

His legs have gone.

Dunfyhibee
17-03-2019, 09:32 AM
Thought Mallan was good yesterday, pressing, using his body well and not giving the ball away much at all. Maybe got a wee point to prove to the gaffer or the new system suiting him better.

Since452
17-03-2019, 09:33 AM
Hearts should be worried. We were very good yesterday.

ian cruise
17-03-2019, 09:34 AM
Thought Mallan was good yesterday, pressing, using his body well and not giving the ball away much at all. Maybe got a wee point to prove to the gaffer or the new system suiting him better.

Suspect it's a, mix of the system and him being given a clearly defined role each week so he can settle in to it rather than the chopping a changing roles, formations and personnel we'd seen prior to Heckingbottom's arrival.

JimBHibees
17-03-2019, 10:12 AM
I think the point is that it was an enjoyable game, Hibs looked up for it and when we didn't have the ball we made it really difficult for Motherwell to make anything out of their possession. It wasn't a brilliant performance, but it was a very good one which should have been rewarded with a 3rd goal in the 2nd half …. how the hell did Horgan miss :greengrin

Though we didn't have a failure on the park, Milligan, McNulty and Omeonga were stand outs for me and special mention to Kamberi who for the second game running worked really hard to defend his side of the park without neglecting his forward duties.

Lets hope the international break gives us a chance to get some of the injured players back. Its getting ridiculous, any more and we'll have to draft in players from the ladies team.

Agree very good performance against a team that have won 7 out of 9 league games. Defended well and played it exactly right second half and got an extremely important 3 points.

The Spaceman
17-03-2019, 10:15 AM
Must say I really like the look of Milligan at CB. Composed and a smart footballing brain. Doesn't get caught out so much and can play out from the back unlike McGregor. I'd keep him there!

JimBHibees
17-03-2019, 10:25 AM
Must say I really like the look of Milligan at CB. Composed and a smart footballing brain. Doesn't get caught out so much and can play out from the back unlike McGregor. I'd keep him there!

Agree thought he was excellent and strolled it a few very important tackles and interceptions and as you says provides much needed composure at the back. Midfield looked better also.

Northernhibee
17-03-2019, 10:43 AM
The players seem to have far more defined roles. There have been a few times this season when players have been thrown into unfamiliar roles and looked utterly lost.

Hecky seems to be the manager to cross every t and dot every i and can communicate that well. Really excited.