PDA

View Full Version : Bigirimana

Unseen work
16-03-2019, 04:08 PM
Not even in the squad today, anyone know if it was injury related?

Doesnt seem to be fancied by Heck at all.

hibee_girl
16-03-2019, 04:10 PM
He’s away on international duty

SRHibs
16-03-2019, 04:10 PM
Away early for international duty.

Tyler Durden
16-03-2019, 04:15 PM
Away early for international duty.

Is he not on loan anyway so wouldn’t be eligible today?

SRHibs
16-03-2019, 04:16 PM
Is he not on loan anyway so wouldn’t be eligible today?

Na, he’s on a permanent contract.

Tyler Durden
16-03-2019, 04:22 PM
Na, he’s on a permanent contract.

Hadn’t realised that 👍🏻

DavieRoy
16-03-2019, 07:34 PM
Regardless, panic buy when we never had a head coach. Squad filler that wouldn’t have featured.

We were good today, so let’s be positive. The guys that were here did well

bigwheel
16-03-2019, 07:57 PM
Regardless, panic buy when we never had a head coach. Squad filler that wouldn’t have featured.

We were good today, so let’s be positive. The guys that were here did well

Is this you being positive?? [emoji23][emoji23]bet you have no idea how good this guy is...like almost all of us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Famous Fiver
16-03-2019, 07:59 PM
I am sure I saw him at the entrance to the tunnel pre match exchanging pleasantries with some of his ex teammates.

DavieRoy
16-03-2019, 08:14 PM
Is this you being positive?? [emoji23][emoji23]bet you have no idea how good this guy is...like almost all of us.

He will be lucky if he starts or contributes. Nothing against the guy, just sick of us signing jersey fillers.

The players on the field today did well.

Golden Bear
16-03-2019, 08:17 PM
He will be lucky if he starts or contributes. Nothing against the guy, just sick of us signing jersey fillers.

That will help the guy's confidence.! Welcome to Hibs I'm sure.🙄

Diclonius
16-03-2019, 08:18 PM
I'd like to see more of him. Did very well v Aberdeen.

DavieRoy
16-03-2019, 08:22 PM
That will help the guy's confidence.! Welcome to Hibs I'm sure.🙄

If he is on the pitch, I am backing him and every other player.

He won’t be getting a contract and will be lucky to contribute. Take the tinted specs off, we panicked and signed him. He wasn’t good enough for Motherwell.

bigwheel
16-03-2019, 08:27 PM

Me too...looks like our sort of player..disappointed to not see him get more game time.

badabing67
16-03-2019, 08:27 PM
Agreed, I'd hoped to of seen more of him by now, but I'm sure I heard somewhere he wasn't fit when he arrived at us.

Golden Bear
16-03-2019, 08:31 PM

He won’t be getting a contract and will be lucky to contribute. Take the tinted specs off, we panicked and signed him. He wasn’t good enough for Motherwell.

I know absolutely nothing about his abilities but I have some trust in those who thought that he would be an asset to the Club did so in good faith. I'll reserve any personal judgement in the meantime.

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 08:36 PM
I know absolutely nothing about his abilities but I have some trust in those who thought that he would be an asset to the Club did so in good faith. I'll reserve any personal judgement in the meantime.

Like Nelom? Or the Hamilton full back? We make shockers from time to time.

Golden Bear
16-03-2019, 08:41 PM

Agreed, but surely the jury is still out on Bigirimana. I confess i know absolutely zero about him which I suspect is in common with 95% of Hibs supporters.

DetroitHibs
16-03-2019, 08:43 PM
He’ll be gone next season, that’s my prediction.

greenlex
16-03-2019, 08:45 PM
Neat and today when he’s played. Has something to offer.

ian cruise
16-03-2019, 08:48 PM

There is a difference, though in time you may be proven to be right. Nelom and co couldn't get in to a team short on numbers who were underperformung and losing each week. Since Bigirimana and Heckingbottom have arrived we've been getting points, even though the performances haven't always been brilliant, so it would be foolish to shoehorn him in and risk unsettling the rhythm.

Best thing Bigi can do is keep performing in training and showing he's ready when needed and should the time come where we call upon him, he's there. We might see him next season yet. The international call up came at an unfortunate time but similarly, the people who played are those who've been in already. Slivka came in to the space left by Milligan replacing Daz and Omeonga isn't getting displaced anytime soon. I know Mallan has been getting some grief but his delivery is so good he's almost a luxury worth accomodating, shown today by his corner to Gray for the second.

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 08:54 PM
There is a difference, though in time you may be proven to be right. Nelom and co couldn't get in to a team short on numbers who were underperformung and losing each week. Since Bigirimana and Heckingbottom have arrived we've been getting points, even though the performances haven't always been brilliant, so it would be foolish to shoehorn him in and risk unsettling the rhythm.

Best thing Bigi can do is keep performing in training and showing he's ready when needed and should the time come where we call upon him, he's there. We might see him next season yet. The international call up came at an unfortunate time but similarly, the people who played are those who've been in already. Slivka came in to the space left by Milligan replacing Daz and Omeonga isn't getting displaced anytime soon. I know Mallan has been getting some grief but his delivery is so good he's almost a luxury worth accomodating, shown today by his corner to Gray for the second.

Great post tbf. 👍

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 08:55 PM
Agreed, but surely the jury is still out on Bigirimana. I confess i know absolutely zero about him which I suspect is in common with 95% of Hibs supporters.

True. 👍. Could have went either way for him or our new Derek Townsley so cant really complain.

SmithyHibee
16-03-2019, 09:12 PM
I am sure I saw him at the entrance to the tunnel pre match exchanging pleasantries with some of his ex teammates.

Aye I think he was there, sure I seen him leaving West Stand reception at half time

Tug Wilson
16-03-2019, 09:22 PM

How can he be a jersey filler if he is not in the squad?

The Modfather
16-03-2019, 09:35 PM

Is Nelom not still here? Thought it was Mavrias that left. Although it’s hard to distinguish the signings like Nelom/Mavrias/Big Dave/Rherras etc

Kaff
16-03-2019, 10:02 PM
How can he be a jersey filler if he is not in the squad?

He was brought in under same circumstances as McNulty and Omeonga, OK he's not featured much yet but if we're using the squad filler loan stick to beat the club with about Bigi what about the other two?
If you're going to criticise then give praise when it's due. January was a good window, especially when the Allan signing kicks in next season

CMurdoch
16-03-2019, 11:16 PM
He was brought in under same circumstances as McNulty and Omeonga, OK he's not featured much yet but if we're using the squad filler loan stick to beat the club with about Bigi what about the other two?
If you're going to criticise then give praise when it's due. January was a good window, especially when the Allan signing kicks in next season

The January window saved our ass for the second season in a row.
McNulty and Omeonga are 2 of our best players. Only Bogdan of the many other loan signings has made a significant impact.
Sadly I suspect we will lose all 3 at the end of the season. The joys of not having loads of money.

ian cruise
20-03-2019, 11:11 PM
Is Nelom not still here? Thought it was Mavrias that left. Although it’s hard to distinguish the signings like Nelom/Mavrias/Big Dave/Rherras etc

Nelom is here, I was just meaning earlier in the season he really should have been able to step in as we were struggling all over buy particularly in the position he plays. Now Gray is back that chance may be gone. Bigi hasn't had an opportunity to step in as the midfield has been doing what has been asked of it since he arrived.

SChibs
20-03-2019, 11:19 PM
Nelom is here, I was just meaning earlier in the season he really should have been able to step in as we were struggling all over buy particularly in the position he plays. Now Gray is back that chance may be gone. Bigi hasn't had an opportunity to step in as the midfield has been doing what has been asked of it since he arrived.

Unless I'm mistaken Nelom is a left back not a right back.

monktonharp
20-03-2019, 11:42 PM
Unless I'm mistaken Nelom is a left back not a right back.and unless I am mistaken, naebody really knows about the majority of the group of players mentioned in this thread .:confused:

DetroitHibs
21-03-2019, 02:48 AM
We had another international RB that was brought in, but released. Can't remember the name.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2019, 03:36 AM
The January window saved our ass for the second season in a row.
McNulty and Omeonga are 2 of our best players. Only Bogdan of the many other loan signings has made a significant impact.
Sadly I suspect we will lose all 3 at the end of the season. The joys of not having loads of money.

And typically we view January windows as one of the most difficult to get things done right. Kudos to the maligned ones

The 90+2
21-03-2019, 06:08 AM
We had another international RB that was brought in, but released. Can't remember the name.

Marvais?

we are hibs
21-03-2019, 06:12 AM

Bigirimana isn't on loan hes contracted until the summer. Fwiw if he has featured at all under heckingbottom I doubt we will see much of him unless we get an injury crises and he will move on in the summer. We currently have Gauld, Omeonga, Mallan, Slivka, Milligan and Bartley who are all ahead of him in the pecking order.

JimBHibees
21-03-2019, 06:33 AM
I struggle a wee bit with people failing to understand some of these guys are brought in as cover in case we need them. While it would be great if they force their way into the team their main role is short term back up just in case they also provide competition to keep the top players on their toes. If they don't play many or any minutes not that important they will have done what they were there to do.

The Modfather
21-03-2019, 06:37 AM
I struggle a wee bit with people failing to understand some of these guys are brought in as cover in case we need them. While it would be great if they force their way into the team their main role is short term back up just in case they also provide competition to keep the top players on their toes. If they don't play many or any minutes not that important they will have done what they were there to do.

That’s true, but what’s the point in signing these short term cover when we’ve payed players out of position rather than use them over the last few years when we’ve had injuries and suspensions.

J-C
21-03-2019, 06:39 AM
That’s true, but what’s the point in signing these short term cover when we’ve payed players out of position rather than use them over the last few years when we’ve had injuries and suspensions.

You'll have to ask Lennon that.

JimBHibees
21-03-2019, 06:48 AM

Then it is up to the coach to decide whether playing the cover guy or shuffling about will give us a stronger team.

pacoluna
21-03-2019, 06:57 AM

Nelom joined on September 25th, we took 10 points from the 5 league games and got beat on penalties in the league cup following his arrival, we weren't underperforming nor were we losing each week.

calumhibee1
21-03-2019, 07:27 AM
Nelom joined on September 25th, we took 10 points from the 5 league games and got beat on penalties in the league cup following his arrival, we weren't underperforming nor were we losing each week.

We were after that run though and he couldn’t get in the team then either.

Tynie01011973
21-03-2019, 07:34 AM
Marvais?

Charalampos "Harry" Mavrias

Besties Debut
21-03-2019, 07:54 AM
Its odd to think that a Holland international with Champions League experience who won the Dutch league with Feyenoord cant get his game over Lewis Stevenson. The bloke must be terrible in training

Bostonhibby
21-03-2019, 07:59 AM
Its odd to think that a Holland international with Champions League experience who won the Dutch league with Feyenoord cant get his game over Lewis Stevenson. The bloke must be terrible in trainingIt's just possible that Lewis has impressed yet another professional football manager enough to be first pick yet again.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Since452
21-03-2019, 09:26 AM
It's just possible that Lewis has impressed yet another professional football manager enough to be first pick yet again.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

:agree: It's no coincidence. How many managers is that now that have picked him every week?

ian cruise
22-03-2019, 07:16 AM
Marvais?

Yeah, I'm getting their two preferred positions mixed up. Was think Marvais was left back and Nelom right back.

ian cruise
22-03-2019, 07:17 AM

Yeah I'm getting him and Marvais mixed up.

04Sauzee
22-03-2019, 07:40 AM
Not really odd considering nelom is a RB

Always thought he was left back ? Wiki and transfermarket have him down as a left back

Allant1981
22-03-2019, 07:42 AM
Always thought he was left back ? Wiki and transfermarket have him down as a left back

Aye he is, im a tool!!!

Hibbyradge
22-03-2019, 07:45 AM
:agree: It's no coincidence. How many managers is that now that have picked him every week?

Lewis made his debut in 2005 for Tony Mowbray.

He has played for 10 permanent managers, and 7 caretakers.

It will be very strange when he finally hangs up his boots

A genuine Hibs legend.

pacoluna
22-03-2019, 07:55 AM
We were after that run though and he couldn’t get in the team then either.

A run of losing games ? No we haven't.

We've not lost more than two games in a row this season. More made up revisionism.

Hibbyradge
22-03-2019, 08:06 AM

We've not lost more than two games in a row this season. More made up revisionism.

We did go on a "run" of 14 league games from which we picked up 12 points out of a possible 42.

pacoluna
22-03-2019, 08:13 AM
We did go on a "run" of 14 league games from which we picked up 12 points out of a possible 42.

"A run of losing each week" is false.
I always laugh when alternative facts are used to back up false claims.

Hibbyradge
22-03-2019, 08:29 AM
"A run of losing each week" is false.
I always laugh when alternative facts are used to back up false claims.

Your continued defence of Neil Lennon makes me laugh too, Paco. 😁

12 points out of 42 was woeful. That's equivalent to 4 wins and 10 defeats in a row.

No wonder people have bad memories of that "run".

Since452
22-03-2019, 08:52 AM

12 points out of 42 was woeful. That's equivalent to 4 wins and 10 defeats in a row.

Hecky might beat that in his first 5 games. Says it all.

calumhibee1
22-03-2019, 08:57 AM

True, we didn’t go on a huge losing run. We picked up a horrendous amount of points though that wouldn’t have looked out of place on a long losing run.

Since452
22-03-2019, 08:58 AM

A genuine Hibs legend.

So chuffed when he got his cap. Might not be the most flamboyant player ever but he's a good player, so consistent and hardly ever injured. Nobody has a bad word to say about him either.

Hibbyradge
22-03-2019, 09:03 AM
Nobody has a bad word to say about him either.

Well, apart from one or two "independent minds" on here! :wink:

matty_f
22-03-2019, 09:10 AM

It's only equivelent in that you would have the same points, but 10 consecutive defeats is nowhere near the equivalent of what actually happened in terms of what a 10 in a row run of defeats would have done for the team, the support, and the manager.

Hibbyradge
22-03-2019, 09:51 AM
It's only equivelent in that you would have the same points, but 10 consecutive defeats is nowhere near the equivalent of what actually happened in terms of what a 10 in a row run of defeats would have done for the team, the support, and the manager.

So what you're saying is that it could have been even worse?

:shocked:

The 90+2
22-03-2019, 10:53 AM
So chuffed when he got his cap. Might not be the most flamboyant player ever but he's a good player, so consistent and hardly ever injured. Nobody has a bad word to say about him either.

He would have done a better job for Scotland last night than Shinnie that's for sure.

What was the point in his call up when he's not going to be selected ahead of guys playing out of position when the first choice two are injured?

jacomo
22-03-2019, 11:00 AM
He would have done a better job for Scotland last night than Shinnie that's for sure.

What was the point in his call up when he's not going to be selected ahead of guys playing out of position when the first choice two are injured?

:agree:

Baffling. Especially as Shinnie was directly culpable for the first goal, simple positioning error.

ShadesLongThrow
22-03-2019, 11:31 AM
The crazy thing about that how many managers we have burned through since 2005. And we wonder why we’re inconsistent!

A genuine Hibs legend.

pacoluna
22-03-2019, 12:36 PM

Yes back to your default position, Lennon etc give it a rest it's boring.

All I did was state a fact we haven't lost more than two games in a row, simple really. My correction was justified.

pacoluna
22-03-2019, 12:37 PM
True, we didn’t go on a huge losing run. We picked up a horrendous amount of points though that wouldn’t have looked out of place on a long losing run.

Thank you for clearing my factual point.

Onceinawhile
22-03-2019, 12:41 PM
Playing against Pierre Emrick Aubameyang this weekend.

Hope he starts getting some game time, just so we can sing

Bigi, bigi, bigi,
can't you see
sometimes your skills just hypnotise me
I just love your silky play
this is why they're S**t and you're so great

calumhibee1
22-03-2019, 12:45 PM
Thank you for clearing my factual point.

Any time. Just putting a bit of context to the fact we never lost more than two in a row.

Hibbyradge
22-03-2019, 01:10 PM
Yes back to your default position, Lennon etc give it a rest it's boring.

All I did was state a fact we haven't lost more than two games in a row, simple really. My correction was justified.

:faf:

My default? Brilliant.

You need to work on your sense of irony.

CapitalGreen
22-03-2019, 02:38 PM
A 96th minute win against Dundee and all the Lennon FC fans comes crawling back out the woodwork.

Eyrie
22-03-2019, 05:30 PM
A 96th minute win against Dundee and all the Lennon FC fans comes crawling back out the woodwork.

Unfair. Remember how easily we beat Dundee at Easter Road during that fantastic run of form in November.

eastcoasthibby
23-03-2019, 05:03 AM

Have yyou seen him play? Motherwell are like most SPFL teams and go for size/physicality before football ability, but probably the not disrupting a winning team is the reason for lack of game time more than anything.

Borderhibbie76
23-03-2019, 07:27 AM
So chuffed when he got his cap. Might not be the most flamboyant player ever but he's a good player, so consistent and hardly ever injured. Nobody has a bad word to say about him either.Dare I say it hed have done a much better job at LB than Shinnie against Kasakhstan too...still glad he wasn't involved in that utter shambles

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

offshorehibby
23-03-2019, 08:36 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-africa-47646463/gael-bigirimana-hibs-and-burundi-midfielder-on-how-he-talked-his-way-into-football

theonlywayisup
24-03-2019, 12:34 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/CAF_Online/status/1109470948674207746

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47679692

Tha Cabbage Kid
24-03-2019, 06:39 PM
Played the full 90 mins. So no problem with injuries. Surprised he didn't even get on the bench

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Niagara Lad
03-04-2019, 05:57 PM
A full international. Not even on the bench ? Shame.

neil7908
03-04-2019, 05:59 PM
A full international. Not even on the bench ? Shame.

It was always a bit of weird one. A gamble that has maybe not come off but who knows, a few more injuries and he could get his chance.

Hibeesmad
03-04-2019, 06:05 PM
It was always a bit of weird one. A gamble that has maybe not come off but who knows, a few more injuries and he could get his chance.

Feel sorry for him a bit. But there must be reasons behind it, maybe not putting in the work expected in training.

ian cruise
03-04-2019, 06:08 PM

Hopefully not if it's down to other being injured. I've been hoping he'd get a chance and take it but we've too many injuries as it is. If he's not getting in the bench I'm beginning to suspect he's not working hard enough or isn't deemed good enough. Shame though, I really thought we'd found a wee diamond there at first

DetroitHibs
03-04-2019, 06:31 PM
File under Mavrias and Nelom.

Heisenberg
03-04-2019, 06:33 PM
Feel sorry for him a bit. But there must be reasons behind it, maybe not putting in the work expected in training.

I suspect that’s the most likely scenario. Hecky said when he came in that Omeonga wasn’t starting in the team because he hadn’t been able to watch any footage of him playing for Hibs, he kept impressing in training and eventually got more and more time on the park. I’d guess Bigi has done the opposite.

HoboHarry
03-04-2019, 06:38 PM
I suspect that’s the most likely scenario. Hecky said when he came in that Omeonga wasn’t starting in the team because he hadn’t been able to watch any footage of him playing for Hibs, he kept impressing in training and eventually got more and more time on the park. I’d guess Bigi has done the opposite.
:faf: Made up nonsense, you have no more idea than I have.

Heisenberg
03-04-2019, 06:41 PM

Well I did say “I’d guess”, therefore suggesting that i wasn’t posting absolute factual information and merely putting forward a reason that he might not be in the team. For all we know he could just be absolutely pish.

Clarence
03-04-2019, 09:47 PM

Is this your first day using social media? That’s kinda the fun of it.