PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell's Number 28

HibeeHibernian4
16-03-2019, 01:43 AM
In anticipation of David Turnbull playing another superb game tomorrow, I thought I'd get the thread started early. Yes, we should be trying to sign him. No, we're not likely to be successful in doing so.

stoneyburn hibs
16-03-2019, 01:51 AM
In anticipation of David Turnbull playing another superb game tomorrow, I thought I'd get the thread started early. Yes, we should be trying to sign him. No, we're not likely to be successful in doing so.
Don't fret, the much maligned Paul Hanlon will have him in his pocket whilst pinging diagonally.

JimBHibees
16-03-2019, 07:47 AM

He's signed a new deal recently. Jake Hastie looks very good also strong quick and a goal threat. Left sided right winger.

HibeeHibernian4
16-03-2019, 07:56 AM
He's signed a new deal recently. Jake Hastie looks very good also strong quick and a goal threat. Left sided right winger.

Yes and I’m not looking forward to seeing their number 12 Ariyibi up against our full backs, he’s got bags of pace and is very dangerous with the ball.

JimBHibees
16-03-2019, 07:59 AM
Yes and I’m not looking forward to seeing their number 12 Ariyibi up against our full backs, he’s got bags of pace and is very dangerous with the ball.

SDG will sort him out. Personally really looking forward to our forwards ripping their back line and banging a few in. Also not wholly convinced by their keeper in the little I have seen on the box.

MacGruber
16-03-2019, 08:22 AM
They have some excellent youngsters in their ranks
Hastie & Turnbull the obvious but also Aryibi, Cadden, Campbell & I quite like the lad Grimshaw at the back. My ignorance of Motherwell means I cant tell you anymore of their youngsters (or even what age Grimshaw is)

HibeeHibernian4
16-03-2019, 08:27 AM
They have some excellent youngsters in their ranks
Hastie & Turnbull the obvious but also Aryibi, Cadden, Campbell & I quite like the lad Grimshaw at the back. My ignorance of Motherwell means I cant tell you anymore of their youngsters (or even what age Grimshaw is)

He was at Man United’s academy and had a spell at Preston, he’s probably 25 or there about. I think you’ve covered most of their youngsters, they had a very good youth team a couple of years ago (the one that beat Hearts in the Youth Cup Final) and it’s starting to pay off for them. Good to see, hopefully our Youth Cup winning side can make a similar splash beyond Porto and Mackie.

The other player they’re all raving about at the minute from their forums is a lad called Gorrin, he was going to sign for them the winter break before last but it didn’t work out, arrived in the summer instead. Since the turn of the year, and their upturn in form, he’s been running things in the middle of the park with Grimshaw and Turnbull, which allows the likes of Hastie and Aribiyi to get forward.

jax67
16-03-2019, 08:34 AM
Forward Danny Johnston is also a good player, been impressed by his quick feet and strength on the ball.

HibeeHibernian4
16-03-2019, 08:35 AM
Forward Danny Johnston is also a good player, been impressed by his quick feet and strength on the ball.

He made us sweat on our 3-0 lead back in August, such was his level of play that day when he came on. Think he’s regressed a little since then and Aribiyi’s the main man they’re looking to for goals these days.

Smartie
16-03-2019, 10:29 AM
This should be good game.

The media might only be interested in Celtic and Rangers but this should be a good game between 2 good teams with a lot of good players and with something at stake for everyone.

MWHIBBIES
16-03-2019, 11:30 AM
Yes and I’m not looking forward to seeing their number 12 Ariyibi up against our full backs, he’s got bags of pace and is very dangerous with the ball.Our fullbacks have seen off much better.

SChibs
16-03-2019, 11:31 AM
Motherwell atm remind me a bit of Hibs under Bobby Williamson. Lots of promising youngsters playing without fear. With a better manager they could be a really decent team

ancient hibee
16-03-2019, 05:30 PM
Ho hum.

MWHIBBIES
16-03-2019, 06:20 PM
Yes, Slivka and Omeonga are better. No, I won't lose sleep if we don't sign him .

Heisenberg
16-03-2019, 06:20 PM
Was absolutely anonymous up against Omeonga. No contest.

Smartie
16-03-2019, 06:29 PM
Our fullbacks have seen off much better.

I thought they stuck to their task and did brilliantly today.

Lewis had some rocky moments early on and it felt like some of the folk around me couldn't wait to get on his back, but there were a few times he defended brilliantly 1 on 1 against a difficult opponent and he went on to have a good game.

And having identified their wide players as a threat pre-match it is to his credit that again he managed to put in a shift on his weaker side during the second half.

MWHIBBIES
16-03-2019, 06:35 PM
I thought they stuck to their task and did brilliantly today.

Lewis had some rocky moments early on and it felt like some of the folk around me couldn't wait to get on his back, but there were a few times he defended brilliantly 1 on 1 against a difficult opponent and he went on to have a good game.

And having identified their wide players as a threat pre-match it is to his credit that again he managed to put in a shift on his weaker side during the second half.
Lewis is just a legend. Folk keep expecting him to fail and he keeps proving them wrong. Great game today on both sides.

HibeeHibernian4
16-03-2019, 06:38 PM
Yep, will hold my hands up, they all had a stinker today, and I’m glad of it.

hibby6270
16-03-2019, 07:22 PM
Lewis is just a legend. Folk keep expecting him to fail and he keeps proving them wrong. Great game today on both sides.

Poor Lewis. He defies the odds every time.
Can’t imagine the slating he would have got on here if his attempted clearance that hit the post (instead of an OG) in the first 15 seconds of the game. :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
16-03-2019, 07:24 PM
Poor Lewis. He defies the odds every time.
Can’t imagine the slating he would have got on here if his attempted clearance that hit the post (instead of an OG) in the first 15 seconds of the game. :rolleyes:

Lewis was excellent today, after he sussed out Hastie, boy never kicked a ball again in the 1st half
Also thought Sean Mackie had an impressive game as well