PDA

View Full Version : Wee circles round players

Hibbyradge
14-03-2019, 08:05 PM
And dotted lines when they run!

How does that help our enjoyment or understanding of the game?

FFS, they just put a spotlight on Ozil :faf:

Unnecessary patronising pish!

Am I alone in this or does it irritate anyone else?

And don't get me started on that patronising woman in the van on the Macdonalds flat white coffee advert! :grr:

SChibs
14-03-2019, 08:09 PM
If you are talking about during analysis the I don't really see an issue

Ringothedog
14-03-2019, 08:11 PM

Neither do I

Hibbyradge
14-03-2019, 08:13 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm referring to. It's quite possibly just me, but it does my head in.

It's utterly pointless.

Future17
14-03-2019, 08:17 PM
I quite like the tech; I'm much more likely to feel annoyed by the supporting punditry when it's a statement of the obvious though.

calumhibee1
14-03-2019, 08:20 PM
I quite like the tech; I'm much more likely to feel annoyed by the supporting punditry when it's a statement of the obvious though.

I quite like it aswell. Don’t see an issue with it during the analysis and I find it interesting (sometimes :greengrin)

J-C
14-03-2019, 08:23 PM
Maybe the OP prefers the old fashioned blackboard and chalk

Saturday Boy
14-03-2019, 08:25 PM

I suspect HR loved the OHP; and those marker pens, obvs 😂

Hibbyradge
14-03-2019, 08:28 PM

I prefer using my own eyes to see the players' runs etc.

I can just about cope with the dotted lines if the player has come a long way to get on the end of a move and the viewer might not have noticed it fully, but the wee circles burst me.

I think they just do it because they can.

Hibbyradge
14-03-2019, 08:29 PM
I suspect HR loved the OHP; and those marker pens, obvs 😂

I was never an OHP man, but, oh, those marker pens :drool:

Saturday Boy
14-03-2019, 08:34 PM
I was never an OHP man, but, oh, those marker pens :drool:

I keep forgetting that I’m older.

I loved OHP: the lights, the lights 😄

Future17
15-03-2019, 05:13 AM
I prefer using my own eyes to see the players' runs etc.

I can just about cope with the dotted lines if the player has come a long way to get on the end of a move and the viewer might not have noticed it fully, but the wee circles burst me.

I think they just do it because they can.

I think the circles just make it easy for the viewer to identify which player is being referred to when the camera angle may have loads of players in shot. Sometimes, by the time you've clocked which player it is, you've already missed an interesting aspect of their movement that you probably won't have seen live either.

Different people's brains work in different ways though, so it's maybe something you need less help with than others.

Bangkok Hibby
15-03-2019, 05:50 AM
Yeah, that's what I'm referring to. It's quite possibly just me, but it does my head in.

It's utterly pointless.

Lots of new technology bugs me and I'm constantly told to deal with it. Im with you on this one though. Done for effect and pointless

Jones28
15-03-2019, 07:49 AM
On sport scene it annoys me for some reason, probably the big iPad. But otherwise it's never bothered me!

15-03-2019, 04:51 PM
Doesn't bother me, modern day way of analyzing the game. I'm sure most manager and coaches use such technology when analyzing games and working out tactics etc.

greenlad
15-03-2019, 06:30 PM
Up there with pundits making up new terms to describe something, to appear trendy and intellectual. The current one being the "low block".

Been going to Easter Road for 33 years and seen plenty of defending deep, but never a low block.

Eyrie
15-03-2019, 07:02 PM
Up there with pundits making up new terms to describe something, to appear trendy and intellectual. The current one being the "low block".

Been going to Easter Road for 33 years and seen plenty of defending deep, but never a low block.

Sounds like something in American football.

Not a clue what could be mean by that expression.