PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: UPDATE FROM LEEANN DEMPSTER

RSS Bot
13-03-2019, 03:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9802)

WhileTheChief..
13-03-2019, 03:15 PM
Decent statement.

Got to be moving up that league table now!

BlackSheep
13-03-2019, 03:15 PM
To even suggest the closure of the East Stand is madness....

I am glad Leeann put that rumour to bed straight away.

I would hate to think of the deserved backlash the idiot that invaded the pitch would face should such a punishment be carried out.

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2019, 03:17 PM
Well said Leeann.

Peevemor
13-03-2019, 03:18 PM
I don't see how any right minded supporter can disagree with any of that.

Diclonius
13-03-2019, 03:21 PM
Very good statement.

Also really good to see that the majority of our fans in recent weeks are pushing towards removing this element of our support.

Hibeesmad
13-03-2019, 03:25 PM
Good statement

we are hibs
13-03-2019, 03:28 PM
Be Interesting to know how close to the stadium the person was who set off the pyro...

Bangkok Hibby
13-03-2019, 03:31 PM
Cant be fairer or clearer than that.

Captain Trips
13-03-2019, 03:34 PM
Very good statement, of course not as good as anything Sevco put out but she will get there.

Bobby Moore
13-03-2019, 03:37 PM
Very good statement Leann, no deflecting issues elsewhere acknowledges the clubs name has been tarnished and the steps taken against individuals. Hope media acknowledge this and note we are not indulging in any “whatabootery” here.

:flag:

BroxburnHibee
13-03-2019, 03:40 PM
I'd like the club to provide a number to text to highlight incidents or behaviour in real time to the police.

Jones28
13-03-2019, 03:41 PM
Great statement, strong words and anyone who disagrees needs to take a real look at themselves.

InchHibby
13-03-2019, 03:42 PM
Great statement which clarifies all but I think we all know you can have as many cameras as you want but fans themselves can be the even better deterrent by reporting any incidents or wrong doings by this minority of idiots.
Well said Leann.

MWHIBBIES
13-03-2019, 03:53 PM
Does the acting on any reports of rule breaking include opposition fans?

The 90+2
13-03-2019, 03:55 PM
Ragin’

Seriously though very good statement which goes into a lot further detail than it needed to.

The 90+2
13-03-2019, 03:56 PM

Of course it doesn’t.

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2019, 03:59 PM
Be Interesting to know how close to the stadium the person was who set off the pyro...

It had to be in the confines of the cub property surely.

Sir David Gray
13-03-2019, 04:00 PM
I'd like the club to provide a number to text to highlight incidents or behaviour in real time to the police.

Yep that would help as you may not remember key details like seat number etc once you get home whereas if you're sitting at the game you can see it in front of you.

As an aside I would be interested to know how close the person who set off the pyrotechnic was to the stadium. If you are outside the stadium how close do you need to be on matchday to misbehave in order for action to be taken against you by the club?

I don't particularly care that the person's been banned as I don't know them and i'm also not in the habit of bringing such items to games but it would be interesting to find out.

GreenArmy1875
13-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Good statement from Leanne. I think there is a worry for good people to report bad behaviour as they themselves become involved or deemed as "snitches" which is seems to be people's way of allowing these people to continue to get away with it. There would need to be a shift in society or certainly in the ground as a group to tackle these fans get them out the ground.

This is certainly an issue in society and it makes these people become untouchable because people just dont report it to police/stewards.

MyJo
13-03-2019, 04:01 PM

If your able to identify something being done from where your sitting in the stadium then why not. If you can point out with certainty individuals in the away end who have chucked stuff at players or dished out racist/homophobic/sectarian abuse then tell the stewards or police.

However, telling the 20 year old student earning minimum wage at his Saturday job as a steward that he needs to sort out the 2000 rangers fans all singing the billy boys together isn't going to work.

04Sauzee
13-03-2019, 04:07 PM
I'm surprised Hibs announce anything on Twitter, as soon as they do it gets hijacked by the same supporters every time.

For the record I'm more than happy with the statement, it's just s shame we had to make one

Hibs90
13-03-2019, 04:12 PM
Nothing wrong with that statement, but while she allows the Record and Keith Jackson to continuously slander our club at every opportunity I'll never know. It's time the Record and Jackson were banned from ER and HTC.

Aim Here
13-03-2019, 04:14 PM

There was a flare set off inside the FF upper. Curious that they talk about a ban for one outside the stadium, but not for one inside!

CMurdoch
13-03-2019, 04:14 PM
Good comprehensive statement especially the section on CCTV. It answers all the criticisms of supporters, football pundits and the media who don't understand how CCTV systems work. As an expert in the field I can say that the new installations should see us able to identify bottle and pyrotechnic throwers. Coin throwers is a little more difficult but again this should be possible.

Wish we could identify the bottle thrower. 1000 times worse than pitch boy.

Mango Man
13-03-2019, 04:26 PM
Really good statement, the amount of Hibs fans on Twitter and Facebook commenting on this statement is unreal, some even wanting her out the club!! Some folk have short memories.

She is one of the best signings we've ever made.

Shrekko
13-03-2019, 04:30 PM
Some of those comments on twitter and Facebook .... what a brutal time we live in ...

The 90+2
13-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Some of those comments on twitter and Facebook .... what a brutal time we live in ...

Gluten for punishment reading that ****.

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-03-2019, 04:34 PM

They do that in the Suncorp Stadium for Brisbane Roar matches.

I’d imagine that it would be subject to more fake texts by those playing pranks on others but I agree that it would be good to have something like this for in the moment incidents.

CMurdoch
13-03-2019, 04:34 PM
What is missing from the clubs strategy is a text number for fans to inform the control room of anti social behaviour in the stadium when it is happening.
It would have to relate to incidents in home fan areas for obvious reasons. Telling the Police or stewards during the game is impractical and unpleasant.
A quick text to the control room telling them which stand, roughly what seat(s) and what the issue/incident is would allow Stewards or Police to be quickly deployed to the area to take action etc.

Hearts already have one so Leanne could ask her pal how to set it up.

calumhibee1
13-03-2019, 04:44 PM

Yup. And then presumably our new up to date CCTV could keep an eye on them once they receive a text reporting them.

Lago
13-03-2019, 04:46 PM
What is missing from the clubs strategy is a text number for fans to inform the control room of anti social behaviour in the stadium when it is happening.
It would have to relate to incidents in home fan areas for obvious reasons. Telling the Police or stewards during the game is impractical and unpleasant.
A quick text to the control room telling them which stand, roughly what seat(s) and what the issue/incident is would allow Stewards or Police to be quickly deployed to the area to take action etc.

:aok:

weecounty hibby
13-03-2019, 04:47 PM
Very good statement from Leeann. She is a very shrewd operator and totally hits the mark there. I don't do any form of social media but anyone who disagrees strongly with what she says and does over this is a complete eedjit.

Moulin Yarns
13-03-2019, 04:47 PM

I coeliac what you did there. 😉

GreenOnions
13-03-2019, 04:49 PM

This is a good suggestion. It would make the process of placing the assessment/handling any incident in the right hands quick and easy

jacomo
13-03-2019, 04:53 PM
I will admit to feeling a little uneasy at this.

The fool who ran onto the pitch deserves his ban and I won’t defend him. But if we are now handing out stadium bans to folk arrested (but not convicted of a criminal offence) we are on dangerous ground.

The role of Hibs is to ensure a safe matchday for all. It is not about punishing people for undesirable (but not illegal) behaviour.

banchoryhibs
13-03-2019, 04:55 PM

I agree, this would provide a safe way for wholly unacceptable behaviour to be addressed.

Let's also knock on the head the idea that anyone reporting such behaviour is a "grass". I believe that we all have a responsibility to our Club to ensure that we can watch the game without racial, homophobic or sectarian abuse ringing in our ears and without bottles, flares or coins being thrown onto the pitch or at players / coaching staff. Such behaviours are simply unacceptable and we all have a part to play to address these.

Admittedly we've a long way to go on the sectarian abuse front. Both sets of the ugly sisters deliver huge amounts of this every time they visit but any complaint we make about it is wholly negated if they point to bottle / coin throwing incidents or assaults on their players. The tube that vaulted the wall to challenge Tavernier cannot be classed in the same bracket as the exuberance fans at Hampden in 2016!

Onion
13-03-2019, 04:57 PM

While we're at it .... general criminality of those passing off the food in the West Stand as fit for human consumption. Fraud and extortion

SquashedFrogg
13-03-2019, 04:57 PM

The fool who ran onto the pitch deserves his ban and I won’t defend him. But if we are now handing out stadium bans to folk arrested (but not convicted of a criminal offence) we are on dangerous ground.

The role of Hibs is to ensure a safe matchday for all. It is not about punishing people for undesirable (but not illegal) behaviour.

The simple solution is not to get arrested at games. Surely not that difficult?

However, I'm sure anyone could privately plead their case to the club if unjustly banned.

cammy1969
13-03-2019, 05:01 PM
There was a flare set off inside the FF upper. Curious that they talk about a ban for one outside the stadium, but not for one inside!

I could be wrong but would think that they never caught the person responsible for the 1 in the ff upper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedway
13-03-2019, 05:02 PM

Agreed. I have an allergy to social media comments.

Very good statement from Leeann. She is a very shrewd operator and totally hits the mark there. I don't do any form of social media but anyone who disagrees strongly with what she says and does over this is a complete eedjit.

You do, do 'some' form of social media :wink:

13-03-2019, 05:17 PM
Well said Leeann.

proud_and_green
13-03-2019, 05:39 PM

I don't see how it is dangerous ground, I am pretty sure that the club has the right to refuse admission to whoever it decides to, there are signs all over the stadium and tickets state that ejection and banishment may be a consequence of unacceptable behaviour.

13-03-2019, 05:50 PM

Didn't she say two fans had had their STs or Accounts on the database suspended? Guessing that means pending any criminal investigation and then subsequent conviciton?

Ronniekirk
13-03-2019, 05:54 PM
So does anyone know if any Rangers Fans Who Have Run on the trackside after Rangers scored been Banned from Ibrox and those Celtic Fans on the trackside when Celtic Scored against Kilmarnock
It shouldn’t be one rule for our Club just because the Media are highlighting us
Have no problem with the guy that went for Tavernier being banned fans clearly I don’t know the circumstances of the other fan
But there needs to be an even handed approach So are the Police going to arrest every Rangers fan or Celtic fan that does this this Season
Think it would be good if other Clubs came out and accounted for what they have done and what they now will do if this happens again

Keith_M
13-03-2019, 05:58 PM
Can't argue with any of that.

Michael
13-03-2019, 06:11 PM

Why continue to put up with people with undesirable behaviour?

GreenCastle
13-03-2019, 06:12 PM
Fine..though I wish we would do more about our home.

"We will not tolerate loutish antisocial behaviour."

Well if she has read comments on here and over the years - certain fans still don't attend Old Firm games.

Why ?

This is due to the antisocial behaviour of the opposition fans. Celtic, Hearts and Rangers all wrecking seats. Aberdeen flooding a disabled toilet which had knock onto to the community foundation below needing roof times / carpet fixed.

Plus away teams running down the steps / running to front / nearly onto pitch when a goal is scored. Often a few away fans jump the concrete wall.

I would also hope we keep an eye on the way we are treated at some away grounds as the last Derby at Tynie a bottle / coins were launched into the away end.

The 90+2
13-03-2019, 06:20 PM
So does anyone know if any Rangers Fans Who Have Run on the trackside after Rangers scored been Banned from Ibrox and those Celtic Fans on the trackside when Celtic Scored against Kilmarnock
It shouldn’t be one rule for our Club just because the Media are highlighting us
Have no problem with the guy that went for Tavernier being banned fans clearly I don’t know the circumstances of the other fan
But there needs to be an even handed approach So are the Police going to arrest every Rangers fan or Celtic fan that does this this Season
Think it would be good if other Clubs came out and accounted for what they have done and what they now will do if this happens again

I think the message is get our own house in order and concentrate on that before acting all hun-ish like they have today.

Our club has class. Let’s keep it that way instead of the “what about them attitude”

Weegreenman
13-03-2019, 06:22 PM
I think I might actually be in love with Leeann. The woman can do no wrong for me. In Leeann we trust :not worth

Ronniekirk
13-03-2019, 06:26 PM
I think the message is get our own house in order and concentrate on that before acting all hun-ish like they have today.

Our club has class. Let’s keep it that way instead of the “what about them attitude”

Have no problem with getting our own house in order but there needs to be a coordinated joined up approach led from the Top of Scottish Football to ensure all Clubs Act imo

weecounty hibby
13-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Let's sort out ourselves first. The issue we have is that between the twat who threw the bottle and the moron in the pitch the increasing focus on bigotry from the gruesome twosome has now been swept under the carpet again. Everyone is now looking at fan behaviour as a physical thing and not the ingrained, inbred bigotry we all know has been going on for decades

jacomo
13-03-2019, 06:39 PM
Why continue to put up with people with undesirable behaviour?

This is a fine line.

But, as an example, the singing section was moved due to ‘undesirable behaviour’ - it has not had the desired effect, but has caused a fair bit of rancour and disgruntlement amongst the support.

green day
13-03-2019, 06:40 PM

We cant control what other clubs do with their fans regarding bans etc, we can only determine what kind of club we want to be.

And while I agree that Celtic and Rangers fans are particularly horrible, Dempster would be laughed at - our club would be laughed at - if she said anything at all (even about sectarian singing) after what has happened over the last week or so with our fans.

To bring it a little closer to home re "other clubs"?

Budge has been making examples of those people Hearts deem to be acting in an anti social way.

She has also asked Hearts fans to tell stewards and the club if they observe anti social behaviour.

She has banned fans for behaviour Hearts do not wish to see at their club.

She has taken, and continues to take, pelters for doing this from a section of Hearts support.

Dempster is doing exactly the same thing - and in my opinion she is right to say it.

Finally, as for the moon units on twitter giving her hell about articles in the paper - FFS, its the Daily Record !

It is only written for Glaswegian morons, and more specifically Rangers supporting Glaswegian morons, why any Hibs fan would give one flying **** what the DR says is utterly beyond me...................

The 90+2
13-03-2019, 06:42 PM
Have no problem with getting our own house in order but there needs to be a coordinated joined up approach led from the Top of Scottish Football to ensure all Clubs Act imo

I think for that approach to happen there will have to be a way of stopping the two main bigots going “aye but what about them” etc.

I would go for strict liability now and reporting everything that goes on at Ibrox and when both Glasgow clubs come to anyone’s ground.

Problem is we are that used to half the stuff it doesn’t even come across as offensive any longer.

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2019, 06:44 PM
This is a fine line.

But, as an example, the singing section was moved due to ‘undesirable behaviour’ - it has not had the desired effect, but has caused a fair bit of rancour and disgruntlement amongst the support.

I'm pretty sure the singing section was not moved at all, they asked to move to the FF. In fact they tried to distance themselves from the trouble that was happening in the east, and still is happening there.

SquashedFrogg
13-03-2019, 06:47 PM
I'm pretty sure the singing section was not moved at all, they asked to move to the FF. In fact they tried to distance themselves from the trouble that was happening in the east, and still is happening there.

This 100% 👍

Hibbyradge
13-03-2019, 07:42 PM

It's up to Hibs to decide on the rules of behaviour in and around the stadium, taking into account their legal responsibilities.

Break those rules and there are consequences.

J-C
13-03-2019, 09:02 PM

The section in the East is at the end nearest the away fans, usually a hoard of young guys acting the hard men, I had the misfortune to sit there during the Hearts cup replay as I was too late to secure my own seat, glad I didn't sit there regularly.

As for the statement, well said Leeann, got to get our own house in order and time to get a grip of the numpties in our support and get them telt.

SquashedFrogg
13-03-2019, 09:06 PM
The section in the East is at the end nearest the away fans, usually a hoard of young guys acting the hard men, I had the misfortune to sit there during the Hearts cup replay as I was too late to secure my own seat, glad I didn't sit there regularly.

As for the statement, well said Leeann, got to get our own house in order and time to get a grip of the numpties in our support and get them telt.

What section you referring to? I sit in S43 with my son and it's fine. Maybe you should secure your seat on time in future. It's not difficult.

The 90+2
13-03-2019, 09:12 PM

Even in the old east stand that’s where it was always known that it was going to be full of the radgest radges. Why are you surprised that’s where the bams will be now? Probably because we’ve grown up tbh but think back to when you where a young hibs fan, it’s expected that’s where any trouble would come from, it’s **** and needs to sip this day and age and when I take my boy or people from work to matches I’m fact even in general now it’s the last place I want to sit. And no it doesn’t make it okay but why act surprised? It’s where The bams are places for the past 30 years at least.

SquashedFrogg
13-03-2019, 09:21 PM
Even in the old east stand that’s where it was always known that it was going to be full of the radgest radges. Why are you surprised that’s where the bams will be now? Probably because we’ve grown up tbh but think back to when you where a young hibs fan, it’s expected that’s where any trouble would come from, it’s **** and needs to sip this day and age and when I take my boy or people from work to matches I’m fact even in general now it’s the last place I want to sit. And no it doesn’t make it okay but why act surprised? It’s where The bams are places for the past 30 years at least.

To be fair mate there's bams in each stand. East is nowt like it used to be. I'd say 90% of the East is like the West - sit on their hands.

Centre of the old East was mayhem back in the day. Centre of the east now is probably as sedate as it's ever been.

To see people sitting down in that part is heart breaking stuff.

Nostalgia rules...

jacomo
13-03-2019, 09:59 PM

Ok I didn’t realise that.

hibbyfraelibby
13-03-2019, 10:02 PM

Hibs dont need to prove they broke any law all that is needed is a breach of the club's own ground rules and that doesn't require the same level of evidence needed for a criminal prosecution.

Its the club's stadium and it's prerogative to allow or disallow access to it even if the grounds are based on suspicion rather than incontravertable fact.

RIP
13-03-2019, 10:11 PM
Really good statement, the amount of Hibs fans on Twitter and Facebook commenting on this statement is unreal, some even wanting her out the club!!

For fans read trolls

Sir David Gray
13-03-2019, 10:16 PM

I'd like to know how close to the stadium the guy who set off the pyrotechnic was but other than that the club can ban whoever they like, the person doesn't need to be convicted of committing a criminal offence in order to be banned. It's private property and they can refuse entry to anyone they like.

The evidence required in a court of law in order to convict someone of an offence is not needed in order to ban someone from a football stadium.

The same goes for any other premises on private ground such as a pub or restaurant.

I highly doubt the person who has attempted to get trackside after we scored on Friday will be receiving a lifetime ban, it may even just be for the remainder of this season or perhaps next season as well. If nothing else it hopefully acts as a deterrent to others who value their attendance at games and might make them think twice before engaging in certain behaviour.

poolman
14-03-2019, 02:31 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9802)

Let's hear from that numpty Willie Miller so we can hear what he says

Besties Debut
14-03-2019, 05:26 AM
I'd like the club to provide a number to text to highlight incidents or behaviour in real time to the police.Imagine some of the nonesense the police would be getting inundated with if that ever happened. "man to my left keeps swearing" "boy behind me keeps kicking my seat" "girl to my right is saying rude things about Milligans fitness levels...please arrest her.
It's a ridiculous idea

Gatecrasher
14-03-2019, 05:45 AM
If you witness something that causes you concern during the match, let a steward know or write in to us, providing us with as much detail as you can.

We will act.

Just reading through the statement, people have posted on here that they reported something to a stewards and nothing was done.

Sir David Gray
14-03-2019, 05:51 AM
Just reading through the statement, people have posted on here that they reported something to a stewards and nothing was done.

If they're anything like the stewards at Ibrox, the person complaining about unacceptable behaviour would be threatened with being ejected.

Besties Debut
14-03-2019, 05:54 AM
If they're anything like the stewards at Ibrox, the person complaining about unacceptable behaviour would be threatened with being ejected. When my son was a student he got a part time stewards job at ER. He did the role for 2 reasons. To get some pocket money and watch the game for free. He had zero interest in tackling some bam or sorting out trouble and I can imagine that's the attitude of 99% of them.

leith_hibs
14-03-2019, 06:42 AM
It’s good up to date information provided by the club however, I am concerned that people are getting banned from the ground when they are setting of flares miles away from the ground. IMO that’s the police responsibility to deal with these people and not the club. The club should only be focused on what happens in the ground and in the area surrounding the ground.

On the ground front, I would like to know what will happen to the clubs that visit our stadium I.e. Selick for setting off the flare after they scored in the cup game and since we are in the era of wanting people arrested for sining I.e. The Rangers. Will they close the whole stand to these clubs as it would appear that their supporters are not getting banned by their clubs so someone has to make a stand against the Infirm.

I agree with the folk commenting on the Terracing front, it ain’t what it used to be like through the 80s and early 90s. IMO our fans are so much quieter than they used to be, maybe these fans are being priced out the game I.e. £30 for that game on Friday.

Sir David Gray
14-03-2019, 06:51 AM
It’s good up to date information provided by the club however, I am concerned that people are getting banned from the ground when they are setting of flares miles away from the ground. IMO that’s the police responsibility to deal with these people and not the club. The club should only be focused on what happens in the ground and in the area surrounding the ground.

On the ground front, I would like to know what will happen to the clubs that visit our stadium I.e. Selick for setting off the flare after they scored in the cup game and since we are in the era of wanting people arrested for sining I.e. The Rangers. Will they close the whole stand to these clubs as it would appear that their supporters are not getting banned by their clubs so someone has to make a stand against the Infirm.

I agree with the folk commenting on the Terracing front, it ain’t what it used to be like through the 80s and early 90s. IMO our fans are so much quieter than they used to be, maybe these fans are being priced out the game I.e. £30 for that game on Friday.

Where does it say that the pyrotechnic was let off "miles away" from the stadium?

I agree that clarification would be good on how close to the stadium this person was at the time but it may well have been in the area surrounding the stadium. There's nothing in the statement that says it happened miles away.

JimBHibees
14-03-2019, 06:59 AM
Imagine some of the nonesense the police would be getting inundated with if that ever happened. "man to my left keeps swearing" "boy behind me keeps kicking my seat" "girl to my right is saying rude things about Milligans fitness levels...please arrest her.
It's a ridiculous idea

It would be up to them with the stewards to review and decide what merited monitoring. Dont think it is a bad thing but does need managed?

we are hibs
14-03-2019, 07:23 AM

There is absolutely no reason why we can't get our own house in order and also call out unacceptable incidents from the visiting support that happen in our stadium. Ignoring their sectarian bile isn't the answer but evidently dempster thinks it is.

Chuck Rhoades
14-03-2019, 07:55 AM
Why would setting a pyrotechnic / firework in public be met with an ER stadium ban? Have we started banning the general public who celebrate Guy Fawkes night? Bizarre.

Peevemor
14-03-2019, 07:59 AM
FFS. LD's statements reads "allegedly using a pyrotechnic outside the stadium".

For me this isn't something that happened halfway along Albert Street but probably either in the queues or maybe within the police barriers.

Pyrotechnics are forbidden at matches. The person who set one off "outside the stadium" had no reason to bring one to the match with him. Outside the stadium" on a matchday means large crowds of supporters - letting off a flare or a smoke bomb in the middle of a crowd makes you an inconsiderate arse.

I don't see what folk are moaning about.

Besties Debut
14-03-2019, 08:05 AM
I hope LD never witnesses the march from the Murrayfied Hotel to Tyncastle. Marching up the middle of the road, stopping buses and letting off flares would have her on a banning frenzy

J-C
14-03-2019, 08:15 AM
What section you referring to? I sit in S43 with my son and it's fine. Maybe you should secure your seat on time in future. It's not difficult.

It is when you work nights and it's a cup replay, I had to wait until I could get a shift swap before I could guarantee to go. I sit in S41 and it was S44 near S45 I was sat, it's in that corner where the bottle came from against Celtic.

Allant1981
14-03-2019, 08:15 AM
I hope LD never witnesses the march from the Murrayfied Hotel to Tyncastle. Marching up the middle of the road, stopping buses and letting off flares would have her on a banning frenzy

Slightly different, but I guess you know that already and just looking for a reaction, which you got I suppose!!

Speedway
14-03-2019, 08:19 AM
The incident in question was a direct threat/intimidation to other supporters especially youngsters so calm the **** down with your criticism of the board response.

I’m sorry the culprit was banned without a warning first, like a broken jaw for example.

J-C
14-03-2019, 08:25 AM

I've been in the East since I was a teenager and yes it always had it's bams to a certain extent but surely we can can be vocal etc without flinging bottles, being racist, running onto the pitch etc. As SquashedFrogg says the middle of the East is light years away from what it was like back in the day, in fact most stadiums are different from back in the day due to all seating. But TBH being 60 and in the middle of hundreds of pissed up 16-20 year olds all acting the hard men aint no fun, my fault for not getting my own seat quicker.

Besties Debut
14-03-2019, 08:30 AM
I think I might actually be in love with Leeann. The woman can do no wrong for me. In Leeann we trust :not worth I think that is one of the saddest posts I’ve ever read

leith_hibs
14-03-2019, 08:33 AM
Where does it say that the pyrotechnic was let off "miles away" from the stadium?

I agree that clarification would be good on how close to the stadium this person was at the time but it may well have been in the area surrounding the stadium. There's nothing in the statement that says it happened miles away.

You’re right It doesn’t however, when I was driving through the town I saw one getting let off at at the top of Leith Street before 19:00hrs. Police Scotland moved in however, i could not tell you what the outcome was.

What I will assume though is that the flare was let off by the 70 - 100 Hibby’s getting stopped and escorted by the Police in the Montgomery Street area at about 19:25hrs.

I would like to know though what would you class as the surrounding area of the stadium? 1/4 mile? 1/2 mile? 3/4 mile? 2 miles?

Mines would be within a mile radius of the ground.

J-C
14-03-2019, 08:33 AM
I think that is one of the saddest posts I’ve ever read

You are either a Jambo or a banned poster back with a new account, every post a trolling one looking for reactions, your anti board/Leeann posts are tedious.

Cardinal G
14-03-2019, 08:39 AM
Have the highest regard for Leanne on this issue. She isn't ducking it like other but facing it head on.

Other clubs are a long way behind, good to see us leading the way.

Tarrahib
14-03-2019, 08:43 AM
You are either a Jambo or a banned poster back with a new account, every post a trolling one looking for reactions, your anti board/Leeann posts are tedious.
Why has Besties Debut posted so many posts in such a short time .He has really found his feet in the forum.Welcome!!!

HFC93
14-03-2019, 08:52 AM

Why?

Besties Debut
14-03-2019, 08:55 AM
You are either a Jambo or a banned poster back with a new account, every post a trolling one looking for reactions, your anti board/Leeann posts are tedious. Are you only supposed to make pro board statements on here?

Besties Debut
14-03-2019, 08:58 AM
Why has Besties Debut posted so many posts in such a short time .He has really found his feet in the forum.Welcome!!! Why have I made so many posts in a short space of time? No idea, probably because I'm retired and it's to cold to play golf

The Green Goblin
14-03-2019, 08:59 AM
Given the bottle/Tavernier incidents in quick succession, a tough response was the right one imo. The problem, as some others have said, is consistency in terms of dealing with unacceptable visiting fans’ behaviour, at grounds across Scotland but especially at Easter Road. I understand we need to get our own house in order, but problems will arise if home fans know that doing certain things might cost them their ST or entry to games but they then see the away support doing them without apparent consequence. So the only thing I would change about what LD said is that these measures would be taken against any fans within Easter Road, not just home supporters.

Kojock
14-03-2019, 09:05 AM
You’re right It doesn’t however, when I was driving through the town I saw one getting let off at at the top of Leith Street before 19:00hrs. Police Scotland moved in however, i could not tell you what the outcome was.

What I will assume though is that the flare was let off by the 70 - 100 Hibby’s getting stopped and escorted by the Police in the Montgomery Street area at about 19:25hrs.

I would like to know though what would you class as the surrounding area of the stadium? 1/4 mile? 1/2 mile? 3/4 mile? 2 miles?

You could be on a train heading for Aberdeen v Hibs and be arrested at Haymarket. You could still be hit with a banning order even though you're a hundred miles from the event.

Chuck Rhoades
14-03-2019, 09:07 AM
FFS. LD's statements reads "allegedly using a pyrotechnic outside the stadium".

For me this isn't something that happened halfway along Albert Street but probably either in the queues or maybe within the police barriers.

Pyrotechnics are forbidden at matches. The person who set one off "outside the stadium" had no reason to bring one to the match with him. Outside the stadium" on a matchday means large crowds of supporters - letting off a flare or a smoke bomb in the middle of a crowd makes you an inconsiderate arse.

I don't see what folk are moaning about.

Did the person attend the match?

w pilton hibby
14-03-2019, 09:10 AM

Montgomery Street was closed due to a fire. Police would be re-directing the fans away from the scene.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?338230-Montgomery-Street-closed-at-Renroc-fire-in-an-adjoining-street&p=5732739#post5732739

Ronniekirk
14-03-2019, 09:11 AM
Watch this space I suspect a big clampdown at the next Tyne game and wonder if marches like this might be banned as part of a clampdown

Kojock
14-03-2019, 09:14 AM
Did the person attend the match?

Wouldn't imagine so as the statement states they were arrested.

"The information we have is that both were arrested for different reasons"

Besties Debut
14-03-2019, 09:18 AM
Watch this space I suspect a big clampdown at the next Tyne game and wonder if marches like this might be banned as part of a clampdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk If she is prepared to ban a Hibs fan who got lifted for letting of a flare in the street I’m assuming she will do the same to anyone who gets lifted on the march for the same offence

Peevemor
14-03-2019, 09:20 AM

I'm not so sure. I think it suits the police fine to have a large body of people moving together as opposed to numerous groups which are more difficult to control.

As for the flares and stuff, for me it's not the same thing. The people who take part in the marches know that that's going to happen. If it bothers them then they wouldn't do it.

matty_f
14-03-2019, 09:44 AM
If she is prepared to ban a Hibs fan who got lifted for letting of a flare in the street I’m assuming she will do the same to anyone who gets lifted on the march for the same offence

Has anyone been lifted on the marches? From what I've seen the police have been fine with the march and have effectively seen the crowd to the game - in which case I don't think that Hibs or the police have any interest in going after the people in the marches (and quite right, too - they look great).

Ronniekirk
14-03-2019, 09:54 AM
Has anyone been lifted on the marches? From what I've seen the police have been fine with the march and have effectively seen the crowd to the game - in which case I don't think that Hibs or the police have any interest in going after the people in the marches (and quite right, too - they look great).

But the climate is now different and there will be great scrutiny on this match and build up to it
I think they are a great spectacle even though only taken part in one But like to see the videos as it’s a carnival and celebratory atmosphere
I would hope they won’t

Hibbyradge
14-03-2019, 09:58 AM
But the climate is now different and there will be great scrutiny on this match and build up to it
I think they are a great spectacle even though only taken part in one But like to see the videos as it’s a carnival and celebratory atmosphere
I would hope they won’t

They won't.

Unless, if course, dick heads try to push the boundaries and go as far as they can to test and provoke the police.

Hopefully, they won't. I think the marches envoke a feeling of belonging and pride rather than confrontation, so I doubt there'll be any bother.

marinello59
14-03-2019, 10:03 AM
I would hope they won’t

As long as the marches continue to be the good natured affairs they have been so far then there will be no problems. It’s people intent on confrontation with the police who could ruin things. Hopefully the majority will keep them in check.

leith_hibs
14-03-2019, 10:21 AM
You could be on a train heading for Aberdeen v Hibs and be arrested at Haymarket. You could still be hit with a banning order even though you're a hundred miles from the event.

Tell me about it!

I totally understand if violence is involved however, IMO setting of a flare, drinking on the streets, smoking weed, shouting verbals at opposing fans it is now going OTT.

The fact of the matter is you will never rid these sort of things in football because we have an unjust approach which stems from the powers that organise football. It’s very simple. No matter what club it is have strict laws for example, set off flares or, throw objects or, any sectarian singing in the ground next home game is played behind closed doors, if it happens again the club receive points deductions.

If it is away fans that do this then blanket ban, that away team responsible has their fans banned from their next away game and like above if it happens again points deduction.

So in theory, the Hibs v The Rangers game should have been played behind doors, if it is felt that that is to soon then the Motherwell game should be played behind closed doors. Sooner or, later if will be rooted out. It would also mean that The Rangers fans would have been banned following them throwing seating at Aberdeen fans.

If people want rid of this sort of behaviour from these grounds a hard line approach has to be taken from the top, not left to individual clubs whom allow their fans to do one thing while another club does another. Just doesnae make sense allowing clubs to sort it. FUBAR.

I_Love_Latapy
14-03-2019, 10:54 AM

I saw a yound lad being lifted on Albion Place about 20 mins before KO. Let off a green flare, police appeared, cuffed and back of the van, evening over. Dunno if it was him Leanne referred to.

Generally, I think Leanne is spot on - not even the mearest hint of whataboutery. IMHO that's what makes the official Ibrox STATEMENTS so funny/depressing.

Antifa Hibs
14-03-2019, 11:05 AM
Dempster aspiring to be the next Queen Anne? Next we'll have a wee text number so you can grass someone standing or swearing. And don't get me started on the police. Whinging about resources being cut and how skint they are but magically find resources to search buses for a few cans (Got a Morton fan who's bus got pulled so not just big bad Rangers and Sellick) and arresting folk for having a flare on a street. Deary me.

It has to stop and we need your help to make Easter Road Stadium the vibrant, noisy, colourful, exhilarating but safe, welcoming and tolerant place it normally is.

LOL the place is a morgue outwith visits from the huns and hearts.

matty_f
14-03-2019, 11:10 AM
Dempster aspiring to be the next Queen Anne? Next we'll have a wee text number so you can grass someone standing or swearing. And don't get me started on the police. Whinging about resources being cut and how skint they are but magically find resources to search buses for a few cans (Got a Morton fan who's bus got pulled so not just big bad Rangers and Sellick) and arresting folk for having a flare on a street. Deary me.

She's just asking folk not to be erseholes, really. Pretty reasonable request, IMHO.

Life's better for everyone when there are fewer (or no) erseholes about.

Besties Debut
14-03-2019, 11:31 AM
Dempster aspiring to be the next Queen Anne? Next we'll have a wee text number so you can grass someone standing or swearing.

. The text number is what a lot of posters on here want. The thought of grassing up fellow Hibs fans seems to sit quite comfortably with them and like I said in an earlier post you can imagine some of the nonsense that folk might get reported for.

The 90+2
14-03-2019, 11:35 AM
To be fair mate there's bams in each stand. East is nowt like it used to be. I'd say 90% of the East is like the West - sit on their hands.

Centre of the old East was mayhem back in the day. Centre of the east now is probably as sedate as it's ever been.

To see people sitting down in that part is heart breaking stuff.

Nostalgia rules...

:greengrin If only eh? I remember the police used to stand and record everyone all the time too, doesn't that happen any longer?

Also, whats to stop Bams giving a fake name when creating an account online? No idea is needed which means if they cause trouble and get banned it's a fake person being banned?

The 90+2
14-03-2019, 11:36 AM
The text number is what a lot of posters on here want. The thought of grassing up fellow Hibs fans seems to sit quite comfortably with them and like I said in an earlier post you can imagine some of the nonsense that folk might get reported for.

Someone launches a bottle at a footballer it's worth "grassing up" the rest like texting a number for swearing etc is a loady *****.

Hibbyradge
14-03-2019, 11:40 AM
The text number is what a lot of posters on here want. The thought of grassing up fellow Hibs fans seems to sit quite comfortably with them and like I said in an earlier post you can imagine some of the nonsense that folk might get reported for.

"Grassing up" :faf: What do you think this is? The Mafia?

Didn't Donald Trump say something similar about his accusers?

Anyone who tarnishes the name of Hibernian FC deserves all they get.

I don't want people who throw bottles, invade the pitch or chuck flares in the ground. They should be removed and there should be a deterrent to stop them in the first place.

Defending them, as you are, makes you complicit.

marinello59
14-03-2019, 11:40 AM

So you are imagining the nonsense that people might text to a non existent number. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
14-03-2019, 12:10 PM
Hopefully no-one "grasses up" the fellow Villa fan who did this. :rolleyes:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/villa-stabbed-stanley-knife-15971800

dangermouse
14-03-2019, 12:14 PM
I'd like to know how close to the stadium the guy who set off the pyrotechnic was but other than that the club can ban whoever they like, the person doesn't need to be convicted of committing a criminal offence in order to be banned. It's private property and they can refuse entry to anyone they like.

The evidence required in a court of law in order to convict someone of an offence is not needed in order to ban someone from a football stadium.

The same goes for any other premises on private ground such as a pub or restaurant.

I highly doubt the person who has attempted to get trackside after we scored on Friday will be receiving a lifetime ban, it may even just be for the remainder of this season or perhaps next season as well. If nothing else it hopefully acts as a deterrent to others who value their attendance at games and might make them think twice before engaging in certain behaviour.

Not according to Leann

Leeann Dempster: The individual who entered the pitch on Friday evening and confronted Rangers captain James Tavernier on the touchline will never attend a game at Easter Road again

silverhibee
14-03-2019, 12:17 PM
Not according to Leann

New teeth a beard and some glasses and he won't have a problem getting in..:greengrin

Lago
14-03-2019, 12:44 PM

I've read some rubbish on here lately, but this is up there with best.

J-C
14-03-2019, 01:21 PM
The hatred of the board and Leeann by some posters on here is quite incredible, who did you aim your seethe at before Leeann came here, obviously Petrie was your pantomime villain for that purpose but now that Leeann is in the spotlight, she gets to receive all the vile filled hateful posts on here and other media. There are times I truly wonder if some on here and elsewhere re really Hibs fans at all, if you are then I feel this isn't the last we've seen of eejits with flares and Buckie bottles.

The 90+2
14-03-2019, 01:33 PM
So you are imagining the nonsense that people might text to a non existent number. :greengrin

“Hullo Leann, it’s me, Garry, the pizzas are **** today”

The 90+2
14-03-2019, 01:34 PM
New teeth a beard and some glasses and he won't have a problem getting in..:greengrin

They will get in again, no will ever attract any type of trouble again though.

MyJo
14-03-2019, 01:41 PM
Someone launches a bottle at a footballer it's worth "grassing up" the rest like texting a number for swearing etc is a loady *****.

I don't think anyone has suggested that people get reported or kicked out for swearing or shouting stuff at the football and would imagine that any such reports sent to a text messaging service would simply be ignored.

What people are talking about is being able to identify racist/homophobic/sectarian comments, violence or other unacceptable behaviour like throwing stuff at players etc.

The 90+2
14-03-2019, 01:42 PM
I don't think anyone has suggested that people get reported or kicked out for swearing or shouting stuff at the football and would imagine that any such reports sent to a text messaging service would simply be ignored.

What people are talking about is being able to identify racist/homophobic/sectarian comments, violence or other unacceptable behaviour like throwing stuff at players etc.

The same poster did suggest that.

That’s why I mentioned the rest, that will never happen.

HFC93
14-03-2019, 02:07 PM
A text service is ideal way to report extreme behaviour. Daft stuff will obviously be ignored.

If reporting criminal behaviour makes you a grass then so be it.

JimBHibees
14-03-2019, 02:15 PM
The hatred of the board and Leeann by some posters on here is quite incredible, who did you aim your seethe at before Leeann came here, obviously Petrie was your pantomime villain for that purpose but now that Leeann is in the spotlight, she gets to receive all the vile filled hateful posts on here and other media. There are times I truly wonder if some on here and elsewhere re really Hibs fans at all, if you are then I feel this isn't the last we've seen of eejits with flares and Buckie bottles.

Genuinely bewildering. No idea what the issue is IMO. She has done a brilliant job in the main and contines to do so. Maybe yam trolls or hibees that hate themselves.

HFC93
14-03-2019, 02:21 PM
Genuinely bewildering. No idea what the issue is IMO. She has done a brilliant job in the main and contines to do so. Maybe yam trolls or hibees that hate themselves.

Leeann has been excellent for Hibs. I genuinely think she’s the best football chief exec in Scotland.

HibeeHibernian4
14-03-2019, 02:23 PM
Slightly different, but I guess you know that already and just looking for a reaction, which you got I suppose!!

I don't see why it's different? They're set off near a ground on the way to a football game, just as this one was seemingly.

Blaster
14-03-2019, 03:00 PM
I don't see why it's different? They're set off near a ground on the way to a football game, just as this one was seemingly.

It’s with no intention to take into the ground though. A difference

Monts
14-03-2019, 03:05 PM
Not according to Leann

Those are two different incidents

Allant1981
14-03-2019, 03:14 PM

You really dont see the difference between the 2, well there's probably not much point debating it then

lyonhibs
14-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Tell me about it!

I totally understand if violence is involved however, IMO setting of a flare, drinking on the streets, smoking weed, shouting verbals at opposing fans it is now going OTT.

The fact of the matter is you will never rid these sort of things in football because we have an unjust approach which stems from the powers that organise football. It’s very simple. No matter what club it is have strict laws for example, set off flares or, throw objects or, any sectarian singing in the ground next home game is played behind closed doors, if it happens again the club receive points deductions.

If it is away fans that do this then blanket ban, that away team responsible has their fans banned from their next away game and like above if it happens again points deduction.

So in theory, the Hibs v The Rangers game should have been played behind doors, if it is felt that that is to soon then the Motherwell game should be played behind closed doors. Sooner or, later if will be rooted out. It would also mean that The Rangers fans would have been banned following them throwing seating at Aberdeen fans.

If people want rid of this sort of behaviour from these grounds a hard line approach has to be taken from the top, not left to individual clubs whom allow their fans to do one thing while another club does another. Just doesnae make sense allowing clubs to sort it. FUBAR.

Drinking on the street and smoking weed in the presence of the polis in any circumstances would be decidedly unwise. Agree with the top down approach that is now needed. Short term pain for long term gain.

HibeeHibernian4
14-03-2019, 03:29 PM
You really dont see the difference between the 2, well there's probably not much point debating it then

If you want to explain the difference without being condescending, then I'm all ears.

Hibs supporters set off flares and smokebombs under the railway bridge during the march that can't be more than about 400 yards away from the away end at Tynecastle. I don't see the difference between that and what's been described by Dempster in her statement.

For what it's worth, smokebombs and flares are demonstrably fine and in about 20 years time people will look back at the current moral panic about them and laugh.

cmcd
14-03-2019, 04:02 PM

Couldn't agree more Lago

Antifa Hibs
14-03-2019, 04:09 PM
^^ Which part?

Police whinging about cuts but can have a dozen polis lined up searching buses for beer is a fact.

ER is a morgue outwith games versus Rangers or Hearts thats also a fact.

J-C wrote...

What hatred on here?

I'm not fussed either way about LD. She's done some good i'll accept that but let's not kid ourselves on she's some kind of messiah. She's probably one of the highest paid at ER! She's made a few balls up's along the way which you can't seem to mention on here without the Hibs.Net Board Fan Club kicking off.

Anyway...

-3 seasons in the championship
-Allowed the Record to print utter pish after the Cup Final which went unchallenged
-Gave the Record exclusive behind the scenes footage at EM after the above
-Made a noel hunt of the loyalty points system
-If you believe some press allowed our last manager to walk away with a full pay-off
-Banned the singing section and other fans from trying a new singing section in the FF lower
-The joint statement with Anne Budget after the Halloween massacre
-Happy to out Hibs fans and ban them but rewarded the biggest bunch of ******** supporters in the country with an increased allocation despite them singing about fenians for 90 minutes

banchoryhibs
14-03-2019, 04:19 PM
For what it's worth, smokebombs and flares are demonstrably fine and in about 20 years time people will look back at the current moral panic about them and laugh.

No they are not demonstrably fine. It's not a moral panic it's a question of fact and law.

The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985.
It is on offence for a person to enter or attempt to enter a football ground while in possession of a flare, smoke bomb or firework. The sentence for these offences can be as much as three months in prison, and in many cases, fans who have no previous convictions are being given prison sentences for attempting to enter a football ground with a smoke bomb in their pocket as the courts take these offences very seriously.
There are two different offences (1) possession in the football ground; and (2) possession while attempting to enter. Although logically, attempting to enter a football ground seems to be less culpable than a fan who has managed to get the smoke bomb, flare or firework into the football ground, in real terms the courts do not consider one offence to be more serious than the other. Fans searched prior to entering the football ground and found to be in possession of a firework, flare or smoke bomb, have still been given custodial sentences.
What does 'attempting to enter' a football ground mean?
The courts have decided that 'attempting to enter' means much more than a person who is searched at the turnstiles. Fans have been given a prison sentence for carrying a smoke bomb in their pocket when exiting the train station closest to the football ground, or when walking through the car park on the way to the football ground. A court is likely to decide that a fan who is in possession of a ticket and is close to the ground is ‘attempting to enter’

So Leeann is trying to ensure that our Club does everything possible to ensure that our supporters act in a law abiding way - what's not to agree with that? If she acted in any contrary manner she would be failing in her duty as our CEO.

I, for one, fully support her actions.

SChibs
14-03-2019, 04:33 PM
No they are not demonstrably fine. It's not a moral panic it's a question of fact and law.

It is on offence for a person to enter or attempt to enter a football ground while in possession of a flare, smoke bomb or firework. The sentence for these offences can be as much as three months in prison, and in many cases, fans who have no previous convictions are being given prison sentences for attempting to enter a football ground with a smoke bomb in their pocket as the courts take these offences very seriously.
There are two different offences (1) possession in the football ground; and (2) possession while attempting to enter. Although logically, attempting to enter a football ground seems to be less culpable than a fan who has managed to get the smoke bomb, flare or firework into the football ground, in real terms the courts do not consider one offence to be more serious than the other. Fans searched prior to entering the football ground and found to be in possession of a firework, flare or smoke bomb, have still been given custodial sentences.
The courts have decided that 'attempting to enter' means much more than a person who is searched at the turnstiles. Fans have been given a prison sentence for carrying a smoke bomb in their pocket when exiting the train station closest to the football ground, or when walking through the car park on the way to the football ground. A court is likely to decide that a fan who is in possession of a ticket and is close to the ground is ‘attempting to enter’

So Leeann is trying to ensure that our Club does everything possible to ensure that our supporters act in a law abiding way - what's not to agree with that? If she acted in any contrary manner she would be failing in her duty as our CEO.

But the person involved wasn't attempting to enter the ground with a flare or smokebomb?

Peanut Shaz
14-03-2019, 04:35 PM

Agreed. She has done wonders for the club both in a footballing and community sense. I can't say I agree with every decision she's made but accept she's "the boss" and makes them in good faith. It's a thankless task sometimes but I'm sure most of the negative comments will be water off a ducks back to her. Hopefully she's here for the long term.

04Sauzee
14-03-2019, 04:36 PM

Good post and seconded

hibbyfraelibby
14-03-2019, 04:39 PM
Why would setting a pyrotechnic / firework in public be met with an ER stadium ban? Have we started banning the general public who celebrate Guy Fawkes night? Bizarre.

Ah but what if it was set off illegally as part of the unapproved corteo shennanigans some of the irresponsible and unaccountable organisers seem to condone.

banchoryhibs
14-03-2019, 04:42 PM
But the person involved wasn't attempting to enter the ground with a flare or smokebomb?

The question of what their intention was will be decided by the Court. Anything let off within a reasonable vicinity of a ground is covered by this Act.

The sooner that this is fully understood the sooner that people will stop getting themselves arrested, fined and banned for life from watching football.

Simple really.

CMurdoch
14-03-2019, 04:46 PM
^^ Which part?

Police whinging about cuts but can have a dozen polis lined up searching buses for beer is a fact.

What hatred on here?

I'm not fussed either way about LD. She's done some good i'll accept that but let's not kid ourselves on she's some kind of messiah. She's probably one of the highest paid at ER! She's made a few balls up's along the way which you can't seem to mention on here without the Hibs.Net Board Fan Club kicking off.

Anyway...

-Allowed the Record to print utter pish after the Cup Final which went unchallenged
-If you believe some press allowed our last manager to walk away with a full pay-off
-Banned the singing section and other fans from trying a new singing section in the FF lower
-Happy to out Hibs fans and ban them but rewarded the biggest bunch of ******** supporters in the country with an increased allocation despite them singing about fenians for 90 minutes

She is no messiah. She is a decisive hard nosed business person and as much as i can tell she has played out every club issue brilliantly including the most recent ones of bottlegait and pitch boy. She knows when to speak up and when to be quiet. She is an expert at keeping us out of as much **** as possible.

HibeeHibernian4
14-03-2019, 04:50 PM

In the eyes of the law today, 12 murders in Derry on Blood Sunday are unaccounted for.

Legality is not always the correct position.

"It's the law" is a crap argument for whether or not it's a moral panic.

It's currently against the law to be in possession of marijuana, in twenty-thirty years time, it will be looked back at as a moral panic, likewise.

Lago
14-03-2019, 04:55 PM
In the eyes of the law today, 12 murders in Derry on Blood Sunday are unaccounted for.

Legality is not always the correct position.

"It's the law" is a crap argument for whether or not it's a moral panic.

It's currently against the law to be in possession of marijuana, in twenty-thirty years time, it will be looked back at as a moral panic, likewise.
Absolute nonsense.:confused:

SChibs
14-03-2019, 04:55 PM

The question of what their intention was will be decided by the Court. Anything let off within a reasonable vicinity of a ground is covered by this Act.

The sooner that this is fully understood the sooner that people will stop getting themselves arrested, fined and banned for life from watching football.

Simple really.

If you light a flare outside a ground you quite clearly aren't attempting to enter he ground with it. Simple really.

Anyway I believe the person involved wasn't charged with any of the laws you mentioned.

GreenOnions
14-03-2019, 05:07 PM

Agree with this. I'm scratching my head at some of the posts on here. Opinions eh? LD continues to lead our club well and has also had to defend it well recently

linlithgowhibbie
14-03-2019, 05:10 PM

Is that because weegreenman got in first?:wink:

Sir David Gray
14-03-2019, 05:21 PM
Not according to Leann

That's not the person I was referring to, Leeann Dempster mentioned there was someone who was arrested after they attempted to get trackside after we scored and has subsequently had their season ticket suspended.

That's the person who I would doubt will be receiving a life ban, not the guy who confronted Tavernier.

banchoryhibs
14-03-2019, 05:27 PM
Legality is not always the correct position. "It's the law" is a crap argument for whether or not it's a moral panic.

I'll let you argue that in front of the Sheriff

Lago
14-03-2019, 06:03 PM
Agree with this. I'm scratching my head at some of the posts on here. Opinions eh? LD continues to lead our club well and has also had to defend it well recently
👍

Weegreenman
14-03-2019, 06:15 PM

Do I detect a touch of jealousy? :cb:greengrin

Wee Effen Bee
14-03-2019, 06:44 PM
Leeann has been excellent for Hibs. I genuinely think she’s the best football chief exec in Scotland.

👍This👍

Brightside
14-03-2019, 07:19 PM
There are just as many areseholes in the hibs support as any other team. disappointing but true.

hibbysam
14-03-2019, 07:33 PM
That's not the person I was referring to, Leeann Dempster mentioned there was someone who was arrested after they attempted to get trackside after we scored and has subsequently had their season ticket suspended.

That's the person who I would doubt will be receiving a life ban, not the guy who confronted Tavernier.

Down the front of the east, literally jumped over into the area between both advertising boards and jumped back in, lynched by 4 policemen and dragged out. A pointless arrest to make a stand.

Moulin Yarns
14-03-2019, 08:50 PM

You know that how?

Hibbyradge
14-03-2019, 08:51 PM
You know that how?

Presumably because it was set off outside the stadium.

:dunno:

dp00
14-03-2019, 09:00 PM
Down the front of the east, literally jumped over into the area between both advertising boards and jumped back in, lynched by 4 policemen and dragged out. A pointless arrest to make a stand.

Needs to be a line somewhere tho [emoji2369] at what point do you say oh it’s fine he was just a little over ... he crossed it while thousands other never , no sympathy

SChibs
14-03-2019, 09:06 PM
You know that how?

As if someone would try and walk through the turnstile with a lit flare? Come on.

Lago
14-03-2019, 09:08 PM
Presumably because it was set off outside the stadium.

:dunno:
Maybe he had more than one
🤗

SquashedFrogg
15-03-2019, 04:22 AM
^^ Which part?

What hatred on here?

Anyway...

Hilarious post with possibly the most desperate list of 'negatives' I've ever seen.

DetroitHibs
15-03-2019, 05:48 AM
Tell me about it!

So your giving fans the power to dictate the game and ruin it for everyone else. What’s stopping a Jambo dressed up as one of us, setting off a flare in the home end and screwing us over, or vice versa. Rangers and Celtic neck and neck in the league and a few radges can dictate a game behind closed doors or point deductions. It’s complete madness.

Besties Debut
15-03-2019, 05:50 AM
Genuinely bewildering. No idea what the issue is IMO. She has done a brilliant job in the main and contines to do so. Maybe yam trolls or hibees that hate themselves. It’s bizarre that you just assume that anyone who doesn’t worship the board as much as you do is either a “yam troll” or suffers from self hate.
I’ve been happily married for over 30 years with two great kids and three gorgeous grandkids. Im in good health and comfortably retired at 57 year old on a full fire brigade pension.Why would I hate myself? I’ve been following Hibs since the early 70s and my whole family who are spread over Lochend, Resalrig and Pilrig are all Hibs fanatics. Yet you have decided that because I don’t display a slavish devotion to the board like yourself it’s must mean I’m either a Hearts fan or I secretly loathe myself . Sorry pal but your post is laughable.

Since452
15-03-2019, 05:54 AM
^^ Which part?

What hatred on here?

Anyway...

She should be one of the highest paid at Easter Road. Shes the Chief executive lol.

It's easy to spin things negatively. Lennons tenure has been done to death but many have focused on the negatives and it looks damning. It's easier to see the negatives than the positives, it's human nature. Overall LD has been a massive success for this football club but there has been mistakes a long the way. Shes human.

CropleyWasGod
15-03-2019, 05:58 AM
So your giving fans the power to dictate the game and ruin it for everyone else. What’s stopping a Jambo dressed up as one of us, setting off a flare in the home end and screwing us over, or vice versa. Rangers and Celtic neck and neck in the league and a few radges can dictate a game behind closed doors or point deductions. It’s complete madness.

Presumably, the system will be prepared for action such as that.

JimBHibees
15-03-2019, 06:05 AM
It’s bizarre that you just assume that anyone who doesn’t worship the board as much as you do is either a “yam troll” or suffers from self hate.
I’ve been happily married for over 30 years with two great kids and three gorgeous grandkids. Im in good health and comfortably retired at 57 year old on a full fire brigade pension.Why would I hate myself? I’ve been following Hibs since the early 70s and my whole family who are spread over Lochend, Resalrig and Pilrig are all Hibs fanatics. Yet you have decided that because I don’t display a slavish devotion to the board like yourself it’s must mean I’m either a Hearts fan or I secretly loathe myself . Sorry pal but your post is laughable.

As is yours and well done on your retirement. Do you not think the level of criticism and abuse she has received over the Lennon situation which was IMO handled as professionally as it could have been and the recent fan incidents which she has shown leadership is a little disproportionate to the overall excellent job she has done? Look where the club was when she took over and where it is now though it seems some yam trolls or Hibs haters are desperate to drag us back to when we were awful.

DetroitHibs
15-03-2019, 06:08 AM
Presumably, the system will be prepared for action such as that.

I can’t see it working, sounds like a complete farce waiting to happen. All it would do is drive away fans and crowds would reduce. Our crowd numbers show that all fans want is a winning and exciting team on the pitch. When we are winning, crowds are up. When losing, down.

JimBHibees
15-03-2019, 06:10 AM
I can’t see it working, sounds like a complete farce waiting to happen. All it would do is drive away fans and crowds would reduce. Our crowd numbers show that all fans want is a winning and exciting team on the pitch. When we are winning, crowds are up. When losing, down.

Maybe so but they also want a safe environment to take their kids and any action which curtails songs about battles 300 years ago or how one terrorist is better than another or stops clowns throwing missiles which could hit anybody then surely that is a good thing.

SquashedFrogg
15-03-2019, 06:14 AM

Every clubs crowds go up and down based on winning.

hibbymick
15-03-2019, 06:20 AM
Does anyone know how many Hibs fans got banned from Easter Road after the Scottish cup final ?

DetroitHibs
15-03-2019, 06:26 AM
Every clubs crowds go up and down based on winning.

Right, but can you imagine what it’s going to do to crowds when a game is played behind closed doors or points are deducted. Fans that have paid for a season ticket unable to attend the game because of some ********. I just don’t see it working.

Jack
15-03-2019, 06:54 AM
Right, but can you imagine what it’s going to do to crowds when a game is played behind closed doors or points are deducted. Fans that have paid for a season ticket unable to attend the game because of some ********. I just don’t see it working.

I don't know the details but it seems to work in other countries and UEFA apply it.

The only reason I can see it not working in Scotland is that the bigots are untouchable.

Besties Debut
15-03-2019, 07:06 AM
As is yours and well done on your retirement. Do you not think the level of criticism and abuse she has received over the Lennon situation which was IMO handled as professionally as it could have been and the recent fan incidents which she has shown leadership is a little disproportionate to the overall excellent job she has done? Look where the club was when she took over and where it is now though it seems some yam trolls or Hibs haters are desperate to drag us back to when we were awful. For the record I think that the Lennon affair was a shambles and handled very poorly. Many Hibs fans share my opinion and many don’t. That doesn’t mean that somebody is a yam troll, self loather or Hibs hater simply because they have a different opinion. After all we all come on a Hibs forum to give our opinions about Hibs. It’s not realistic to expect everybody to have exactly the same viewpoint. At the end of the day we all want the same thing and that’s a winning team on the park.

SquashedFrogg
15-03-2019, 07:23 AM
For the record I think that the Lennon affair was a shambles and handled very poorly. Many Hibs fans share my opinion and many don’t. That doesn’t mean that somebody is a yam troll, self loather or Hibs hater simply because they have a different opinion. After all we all come on a Hibs forum to give our opinions about Hibs. It’s not realistic to expect everybody to have exactly the same viewpoint. At the end of the day we all want the same thing and that’s a winning team on the park.

Agree about differing opinions and wanting the same thing. I've still yet to hear a convincing arguement as to why it was a shambles and handled poorly.

For me it was handled and concluded very professionally.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2019, 07:33 AM
For the record I think that the Lennon affair was a shambles and handled very poorly. Many Hibs fans share my opinion and many don’t. That doesn’t mean that somebody is a yam troll, self loather or Hibs hater simply because they have a different opinion. After all we all come on a Hibs forum to give our opinions about Hibs. It’s not realistic to expect everybody to have exactly the same viewpoint. At the end of the day we all want the same thing and that’s a winning team on the park.

I don't know how anyone can have a serious opinion about it, never mind take the opinion it was handled badly or was a shambles, when we have no idea what actually happened other than unsubstantiated rumours?

Ronniekirk
15-03-2019, 07:58 AM
Agree about differing opinions and wanting the same thing. I've still yet to hear a convincing arguement as to why it was a shambles and handled poorly.

For me it was handled and concluded very professionally.

She went on record saying in hindsight she could of handled it differently or words to that effect
But it’s gone now and you can make a case to say we weren’t heading into the top six under Lennon but The Heck has got us there
Although Eddie May said our Signings are all Lennon Signings so you do t know the difference that would of made
But we do know the relationship between Lennon and Kamberri was not constructive and he is now performing and scoring again
But let’s move on Tomorrow’s game is Huge for us

Kojock
15-03-2019, 08:28 AM
Maybe so but they also want a safe environment to take their kids and any action which curtails songs about battles 300 years ago or how one terrorist is better than another or stops clowns throwing missiles which could hit anybody then surely that is a good thing.

ER is a safe environment for kids, My 6 year old grandson sits in the West Upper and has never been in any danger or has been frightened to be there. As for the “songs” he doesn’t know what they are all about but one day he will ask and I will explain to him accordingly. Won’t make it any less safe for him.

Hibernian Verse
15-03-2019, 08:30 AM
ER is a safe environment for kids, My 6 year old grandson sits in the West Upper and has never been in any danger or has been frightened to be there. As for the “songs” he doesn’t know what they are all about but one day he will ask and I will explain to him accordingly. Won’t make it any less safe for him.

Exactly. They're less safe watching the bloody news - today especially!

SquashedFrogg
15-03-2019, 08:37 AM
She went on record saying in hindsight she could of handled it differently or words to that effect
But it’s gone now and you can make a case to say we weren’t heading into the top six under Lennon but The Heck has got us there
Although Eddie May said our Signings are all Lennon Signings so you do t know the difference that would of made
But we do know the relationship between Lennon and Kamberri was not constructive and he is now performing and scoring again

Agree. Looking forward to tomorrow. All the makings of a cracking game.

Since452
15-03-2019, 08:53 AM
I remember when i was a kid the old east stand was always commented on by opposition players as being a part of the park they felt intimidated taking throwins etc. It most definitely has that feel again. Im all for that as long as it doesn't turn violent. I want players to crap themselves and muck up a corner or rush a throw in. I'd hate the passion to be taken away. It's taken a lot of years to make Easter Road intimidating again and it's a shame some bottle throwing/pitch invading morons risk ruining it.

Brightside
15-03-2019, 08:58 AM

I agree Lennon handled it very badly indeed.

Hibbyradge
15-03-2019, 09:12 AM
Does anyone know how many Hibs fans got banned from Easter Road after the Scottish cup final ?

Why would they have been banned?

hibbyfraelibby
15-03-2019, 09:48 AM
Why would they have been banned?

Think we got over 140 banning orders so that number were banned from ER no?

GreenCastle
15-03-2019, 10:07 AM
I'm sure the Jambo who ran on and confronted Riordan is back watching games at home and away.

The authorities who are in charge of football in Scotland need to make a statement about fan behaviour.

I'm amazed the Scottish FA have said nothing recently ?

Closing stands isn't the way forward - it happens in Europe and it hasn't stopped the problems.

Clubs should have representatives stationed at all stands during the game and that includes the away fans bringing security too. This is not to take the job of the stewards or police but to be eyes / ears on the ground to actually see what's happening and identify any trouble makers / areas of trouble.

Any fan in Scotland who runs on the pitch is banned from every ground in Scotland for life. There is no excuse - don't jump over a barrier.

Any damage to the away end - broken seats etc = reduced allocation next time that team visits .Both Clubs involved post pictures online to show damage.

Regarding smoke bombs / objects being thrown and sectarian singing - I'm not sure the best way to deal with this. But reducing allocations / closing stands is hard to do.

The 90+2
15-03-2019, 10:15 AM
I'm sure the Jambo who ran on and confronted Riordan is back watching games at home and away.

The authorities who are in charge of football in Scotland need to make a statement about fan behaviour.

I'm amazed the Scottish FA have said nothing recently ?

Closing stands isn't the way forward - it happens in Europe and it hasn't stopped the problems.

Clubs should have representatives stationed at all stands during the game and that includes the away fans bringing security too. This is not to take the job of the stewards or police but to be eyes / ears on the ground to actually see what's happening and identify any trouble makers / areas of trouble.

Any fan in Scotland who runs on the pitch is banned from every ground in Scotland for life. There is no excuse - don't jump over a barrier.

Any damage to the away end - broken seats etc = reduced allocation next time that team visits .Both Clubs involved post pictures online to show damage.

Regarding smoke bombs / objects being thrown and sectarian singing - I'm not sure the best way to deal with this. But reducing allocations / closing stands is hard to do.

Wasn't there 2 fannies on the pitch that night? (not including the hearts team obviously)

DarlingtonHibee
15-03-2019, 10:47 AM

Don't think she said that.

Mango Man
15-03-2019, 01:19 PM
With the whole Lennon thing, maybe there was very little she would have been allowed to say, due to the sensitivity of the matter, lawyers were involved so her hands were probably tied, really don't see why folk have got a bee in their bonnet about that, it's been and gone, Lennon clearly didn't want to be here anyway.

Folk seem to be itching to bring the club back down again for some reason, latching on to any negativity to bad mouth Leeann, I think if you weigh the pros and cons of her time here, you will find one vastly outweighs the other.

JimBHibees
15-03-2019, 01:26 PM
With the whole Lennon thing, maybe there was very little she would have been allowed to say, due to the sensitivity of the matter, lawyers were involved so her hands were probably tied, really don't see why folk have got a bee in their bonnet about that, it's been and gone, Lennon clearly didn't want to be here anyway.

Folk seem to be itching to bring the club back down again for some reason, latching on to any negativity to bad mouth Leeann, I think if you weigh the pros and cons of her time here, you will find one vastly outweighs the other.

Clearly the fundamental issue. Totally agree with your final paragragh some seem keen to pile in for some reason.

HFC93
15-03-2019, 01:32 PM

Absolutely. I'm not sure why some Hibs fans can't their heads around this. It’s almost as though they have some other agenda :hmmm: