PDA

View Full Version : Yams Craig Halkett

Ozyhibby
13-03-2019, 09:36 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-close-to-signing-livingston-captain-craig-halkett-1-4888403/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Looks like a good bit of business for the yams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
13-03-2019, 09:37 AM
disappointing :agree:

The 90+2
13-03-2019, 09:40 AM
Indication either Berra is finished or Souttars away.

He would have been a brilliant signing mind you, perhaps our HC wants to go down a different route now or hadn’t made up his mind unlit him quick enough.

Sylar
13-03-2019, 09:42 AM
Been sensational for Livingston this season - contributing with goals in addition to being absolutely solid at the back.

I actually thought Rangers might have tried to lure him back to Ibrox, or that someone from down south might have made a move for him.

Pretty disappointed if he'll end up at the PBS.

Since452
13-03-2019, 09:44 AM
Excellent signing on paper. Big step up in pressure from Livi to Hearts though.

Dublin07
13-03-2019, 09:48 AM
Bit of a step down in quality for the lad but decent hoof ball merchant for them.

BullsCloseHibs
13-03-2019, 10:07 AM

He would have been a brilliant signing mind you, perhaps our HC wants to go down a different route now or hadn’t made up his mind unlit him quick enough.

Berra is awful. Well finished and living off past heroics :agree:

In saying that, can't say i'd be too excited about signing a Livingston FC player though!

Sean1875
13-03-2019, 10:16 AM
Aye good business for them unfortunately. My Hearts pals seem to reckon Souttar will be off in the summer so probably just a direct replacement for him.

flash
13-03-2019, 10:19 AM
Clears the ball well and kicks it the way he is facing so a direct replacement for Berra.

Lago
13-03-2019, 10:57 AM
Bit of a step down in quality for the lad but decent hoof ball merchant for them.
Dress it up anyway you want, but that is a good signing for Hearts, would have liked him at ER.

Diclonius
13-03-2019, 10:59 AM
Good signing for them.

big gogs
13-03-2019, 11:04 AM
Good signing for them.
Did hibs make a move for him .the manager might have other players in mind

Dublin07
13-03-2019, 11:09 AM
Dress it up anyway you want, but that is a good signing for Hearts, would have liked him at ER.

Sorry for being humorous I will be serious at all times from now on.
Heart of midlothian have made an excellent signing, well done them.

Billy Whizz
13-03-2019, 11:09 AM

Not sure we need a right centre back, Porteous will be back, and he’s miles better him

The 90+2
13-03-2019, 11:13 AM
Not sure we need a right centre back, Porteous will be back, and he’s miles better him

McGregor is coming to the end of his career and we need cover for Hanlon. Halkett would have been a great acquisition.

Lago
Sorry for being humorous I will be serious at all times from now on.
Heart of midlothian have made an excellent signing, well done them.
Well there you go that wasn't hard was it ?:wink:

where'stheslope
He's only a good signing if it works out?
If he fits in with his hoof ball tactics, he will be a good signing for them!
They have signed a lot of players who don't seem to fit the way they play!
Only time will tell if he can step up to their standard!!!!

CMurdoch
13-03-2019, 11:14 AM

That's a good point.
Any left centre backs available that we should sign?

P.S. I think we might get another season out of Daz

Diclonius
13-03-2019, 11:23 AM

I suspect he'll have been signed as first choice - after a rest and pre-season Hanlon and Porteous will be as good as any other pairing in the league outwith Celtic. We'll probably sign a couple of backups.

Gordy M
13-03-2019, 11:23 AM
Not sure if it was Halkett, but i think it was, he got absolutely ripped apart by Rangers. He looked very average in that game. In fact, i think he tripped over the ball to allow the Rangers to score??

WeeRussell
13-03-2019, 11:47 AM
Not very familiar with the boy but if he's a direct replacement for Souttar I reckon he's very likely to improve them.

greenpaper55
13-03-2019, 12:31 PM
I would hope the manager will be raiding English clubs for some 6-4 cente backs from the lower leagues, another Rob Jones would do fine !

Billy Whizz
13-03-2019, 12:34 PM
That's a good point.
Any left centre backs available that we should sign?

P.S. I think we might get another season out of Daz

Spend the money on the positions we need the players

delbert
13-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Spend the money on the positions we need the players

Well that’s definitely Centre back then !!

Tornadoes70
13-03-2019, 03:32 PM

Should have a had a late penalty given against him last night after barging over the Partick player in the box. More of a penalty than the second one the yams got when their big guy up front who's renowned for using his body strength blew over in the box when a Partick defender got close to him.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

weecounty hibby
13-03-2019, 05:42 PM
Have folk seen the Livi results of late? They had an unbelievable start to the season but recently have been gash. Not saying he's not a half decent player but I would hope we could get better

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-03-2019, 05:49 PM
Should have a had a late penalty given against him last night after barging over the Partick player in the box. More of a penalty than the second one the yams got when their big guy up front who's renowned for using his body strength blew over in the box when a Partick defender got close to him.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Just saw that on TV, how the hell they got away with that is astonishing, the Ref gave them 2 pens for **** all.

Word of warning to Hibernian players in the next derby....don't fart in their box or a 6"11" 17 stone player will fall down...:rolleyes:

WeeRussell
13-03-2019, 06:09 PM
Just saw that on TV, how the hell they got away with that is astonishing, the Ref gave them 2 pens for **** all.

Word of warning to Hibernian players in the next derby....don't fart in their box or a 6"11" 17 stone player will fall down...:rolleyes:

Their first penalty was a stone waller to be fair, and apparently they could have had another.

But yes the second they got was soft and Partick had a clear claim late on. If only we had VAR to spend 10 minutes checking over all of these.

aarsan
13-03-2019, 06:20 PM
Berra is awful. Well finished and living off past heroics :agree:

In saying that, can't say i'd be too excited about signing a Livingston FC player though!

Leigh Griffiths

The 90+2
13-03-2019, 06:36 PM
Barry Douglas, Robert Snodgrass, Dorrans, McPake, Stefan Scougal, Halliday the cup winner

And erm, Mr McNulty from the top of my head all played/came through at Livi.

Tha Cabbage Kid
14-03-2019, 07:26 PM
Barry Douglas, Robert Snodgrass, Dorrans, McPake, Stefan Scougal, Halliday the cup winner

And erm, Mr McNulty from the top of my head all played/came through at Livi.Also that guy Andrews from a few years back. The self healer if I remember correctly he was a strong defender went to the rangers

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
14-03-2019, 09:01 PM
Livi have only conceded 30 goals and Hacket is a major factor in that .
Rumours that the real Huns are going to nip in and sign him as he is a boy hood Hun .
Keek back will be on meltdown if this happens.

Onceinawhile
15-03-2019, 08:40 AM
Also that guy Andrews from a few years back. The self healer if I remember correctly he was a strong defender went to the rangers

He wasn't a livi youth product though. He was some lad, playing through a cruciate ligament injury because god healed it.:rolleyes:

Since452
15-03-2019, 08:44 AM

And erm, Mr McNulty from the top of my head all played/came through at Livi.

Griffiths?

Tynie01011973
15-03-2019, 08:58 AM
Livi have only conceded 30 goals and Hacket is a major factor in that .
Rumours that the real Huns are going to nip in and sign him as he is a boy hood Hun .
Keek back will be on meltdown if this happens.

He is an exSevco youngster that was released by them in 2016

15-03-2019, 09:48 AM
Sounded a few days ago like the pre-contract with Hearts was a done deal. I wonder what the delay is.

The 90+2
15-03-2019, 01:47 PM
Griffiths?

SLG was brought up before my post. :greengrin

Tha Cabbage Kid
15-03-2019, 06:50 PM
He wasn't a livi youth product though. He was some lad, playing through a cruciate ligament injury because god healed it.:rolleyes:I thought Barry Douglas was a Dundee utd youth player?