PDA

View Full Version : Gerard MUST STAY

Pages : [1] 2

theonlywayisup
12-03-2019, 08:58 PM
Hello! Hello!

mca
12-03-2019, 09:05 PM
Did i hear on the radio.. i know old blunt eh.. but i'm sure i heard them says its aberdeen's first win at ibrox since 1991.. is that right ???

green&left
12-03-2019, 09:06 PM
Bet them 2 year ago iirc. 2nd win since '91 I think

Edit they also beat them this season in December

BoomtownHibees
12-03-2019, 09:08 PM
Did i hear on the radio.. i know old blunt eh.. but i'm sure i heard them says its aberdeen's first win at ibrox since 1991.. is that right ???

Beat them 1-0 earlier this season at Ibrox

calumhibee1
12-03-2019, 09:08 PM
Another trophy less year for Sevco. Wonder what year they'll win their first ever major trophy? At least they have the Petrofac Cup.

mca
12-03-2019, 09:11 PM
Beat them 1-0 earlier this season at Ibrox

Aye.. that's what i thought... BBC sportsound is murder... maybe they meant 1991 in the cup or in the buff ffs !!!!

theonlywayisup
12-03-2019, 09:11 PM
Bet them on 5th December 2018 in the league.

Maybe he meant Aberdeen have beat them twice since he's been manager. You know how the Scouse dialect is a difficult one to understand.

mca
12-03-2019, 09:12 PM
Bet them 2 year ago iirc. 2nd win since '91 I think

Edit they also beat them this season in December

Cheers.. :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
12-03-2019, 09:14 PM
Give Slippy G even more money to flush doon the cludgie. 25 million in debt, desperately trying to stop ten-in-a-row and getting nowhere. Lovely stuff :aok:

calumhibee1
12-03-2019, 09:14 PM

Maybe he meant Aberdeen have beat them twice since he's been manager. You know how the Scouse dialect is a difficult one to understand.

They beat them 2-1 away in Rangers first season back up. So at least 3.

Scottish football journalism is honking. The evening news had an article up earlier about how it's a chance for youth players at Hibs to take their chance with our injury list. The article claimed Heckingbottom has only made 2 subs in 5 games because his squad's so short.. I counted them out and he's made about 12 or 13.. :rolleyes:

12-03-2019, 09:17 PM
Gerrard must stay.....beside the phone so he doesn't miss the refs apology call.

Radium
12-03-2019, 09:19 PM
That class above statement after the draw at Pittodrie earlier in the season has come back to bite Gerrard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
12-03-2019, 09:19 PM
https://g.co/kgs/t1rmEJ

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
12-03-2019, 09:20 PM
Gerrard must stay.....beside the phone so he doesn't miss the refs apology call.

Good one!

Killiehibbie
12-03-2019, 09:21 PM

Maybe the usual meaningless stat. First win since 1991 but fail to mention they mean in the cup and only 3 games played since then or some pish like that.

theonlywayisup
12-03-2019, 09:22 PM
Gerard must realise that he needs to leave The Rangers before he's sacked. He could become a great manager - being barely average at The Rangers will not help.

Gerard MUST STAY

Hibernia&Alba
12-03-2019, 09:22 PM
https://youtu.be/Nf4uiRr78dU

Ronniekirk
12-03-2019, 09:29 PM
All their overspending has won them nothing and next SeasonGerrard is under immediate pressure to get them to same stage of European Competition

Hibsman07
12-03-2019, 09:31 PM
They beat them 2-1 away in Rangers first season back up. So at least 3.

Scottish football journalism is honking. The evening news had an article up earlier about how it's a chance for youth players at Hibs to take their chance with our injury list. The article claimed Heckingbottom has only made 2 subs in 5 games because his squad's so short.. I counted them out and he's made about 12 or 13.. :rolleyes:

https://youtu.be/ruAi4VBoBSM

Spot on calum :aok:

Michael
12-03-2019, 09:33 PM
Jury's still out. He's slightly improved them, but they should be better with the money they've spent.

This defeat makes an okay-ish season look a bit poor.

Hibsman07
12-03-2019, 09:38 PM
Jury's still out. He's slightly improved them, but they should be better with the money they've spent.

Try telling them that doon' Brigtun X :wink:

Souter96Mac
12-03-2019, 09:41 PM

If you half what they've spent this season, then maybe it's an 'OK season'. Absolute embarrassment for them, with the money they've spent, that they've not reached a domestic cup final this season. They were very fortunate with the europa league run they had, that and the over-reliance on Morelos has papered over the cracks for Gerrard.

BoyledEgg
12-03-2019, 09:43 PM

He’s got the lowest win percentage out of Warburton, Caixhina, and Murty. And he’s the first manager not to get them to a semi final of the Scottish Cup since Kenny McDowall. So not sure how he’s improved them?

BoomtownHibees
12-03-2019, 09:44 PM

Improved?

Rangers 2017/18 season under Pedro Caixinha and Graeme Murty...

18 League wins after 29 games of season

Knocked out Scottish Cup in Semi Finals

Rangers 2018/19 season under Steven Gerrard...

17 League wins after 29 games of season

Knocked out Scottish Cup in Quarter Finals

CmoantheHibs
12-03-2019, 09:45 PM
Going to be hilarious seeing the personality change with slippy next season when things start going wrong.The pressure will be cranked up and the sons of sevco will not be as forgiving as this season. They'll turn quicker than milk left out in the Sahara.

Bostonhibby
12-03-2019, 09:45 PM
They might at least want him to hang around long enough to see if he'll ever beat the hibees?

LancsHibs
12-03-2019, 09:46 PM
He’s got the lowest win percentage out of Warburton, Caixhina, and Murty. And he’s the first manager not to get them to a semi final of the Scottish Cup since Kenny McDowall. So not sure how he’s improved them?

Like those stats:greengrin Slippy must stay!!

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2019, 09:54 PM
Won’t be long before he’s walking alone as I hoped when he joined that horrible club.

vuefrom1875
12-03-2019, 09:59 PM
Aye.. that's what i thought... BBC sportsound is murder... maybe they meant 1991 in the cup or in the buff ffs !!!!

Bbc Weegie spewing tonight 🤣

Greencore
12-03-2019, 10:02 PM
Another trophy less year for Sevco. Wonder what year they'll win their first ever major trophy? At least they have the Petrofac Cup.

Didn't they win the Scottish Cup in 2016?

I swear Andy Halliday won it for them......

vuefrom1875
12-03-2019, 10:05 PM
Going to be hilarious seeing the personality change with slippy next season when things start going wrong.The pressure will be cranked up and the sons of sevco will not be as forgiving as this season. They'll turn quicker than milk left out in the Sahara.

And I'm sure his religious leanings will come to the fore.......just surmising.

Michael
12-03-2019, 10:05 PM
Okay, well they are quite far ahead of Aberdeen. Sorry I don't really follow rangers as closely as some of you.

BoyledEgg
12-03-2019, 10:12 PM
Okay, well they are quite far ahead of Aberdeen. Sorry I don't really follow rangers as closely as some of you.

Aberdeen aren’t as good as last season in the league that’s how Rangers are further ahead. It’s just knowing basic facts about football, nothing to do with following anyone closely.

Carheenlea
12-03-2019, 10:20 PM
Why is he referred to as “slippy”?

BoyledEgg
12-03-2019, 10:21 PM

Because he slipped.

Hibernia&Alba
12-03-2019, 10:23 PM

Ask Scouse Hibby :greengrin

Jim Herriot
12-03-2019, 10:34 PM

:singing::singing::singing:

Andy Halliday...
Andy Halliday...
Thought he'd won the cup
But this assumption would subsequently prove to be erroneous
Andy Halliday...

G B Young
12-03-2019, 10:41 PM
The cup exits to the sheep are a significant blot but I actually think he's done OK in his first season. I was quite impressed by their first half play at ER last week.

Haymaker
12-03-2019, 10:43 PM
:singing::singing::singing:

Andy Halliday...
Andy Halliday...
Thought he'd won the cup
But this assumption would subsequently prove to be erroneous
Andy Halliday...

:faf:

HoboHarry
12-03-2019, 10:48 PM
Cost Liverpool the league.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk59UYU7fJw

CathroMustStay
13-03-2019, 12:16 AM
Gerrard is a complete fraud.

Perfect man for Sevco.

seanshow
13-03-2019, 12:59 AM
For the club formerly known as it'll be 8 years and 24 potential trophies missed due to David Murrays incompetence,
It must be starting to grate somewhat with the orcs :wink:

Pete
13-03-2019, 01:16 AM

League titles aren’t won or lost because of one incident and there were other, more pivotal games that could be held accountable if people want to go down that road. I’m sure Liverpool fans can count more incidents where he’s played important parts in winning major honours like the champions league and the FA cup.

I think he’s got Rangers playing really well but how can you legislate for such stupid individual errors such as the one tonight?

Well done to Aberdeen though👍🏼

Haymaker
13-03-2019, 01:33 AM

Steeeeeeve Gerrard Gerrard
He slipped at 40 yards
And gave it to Demba Ba
Steve Gerrard Gerrard

HoboHarry
13-03-2019, 01:46 AM
League titles aren’t won or lost because of one incident and there were other, more pivotal games that could be held accountable if people want to go down that road. I’m sure Liverpool fans can count more incidents where he’s played important parts in winning major honours like the champions league and the FA cup.

I think he’s got Rangers playing really well but how can you legislate for such stupid individual errors such as the one tonight?

Well done to Aberdeen though👍🏼
He had a magnificent career, I don't question that for a single moment, but that moment was pivotal in the collapse of Liverpool's challenge that year. I didn't comment to laugh at either Gerrard or Liverpool - in fact I very much hope that Liverpool win the league this season.....

Ozyhibby
13-03-2019, 02:28 AM
Win percentage.

Mark Warburton, 65.85% - Sacked
Padro Caixinha, 53.85% - Sacked
Graeme Murty, 62.07% - Unconsidered

Steven Gerrards, 52.27%

Steven Gerrard has a worse win record of any Sevco manager in the past 4 years.

Hibeesmad
13-03-2019, 02:46 AM
Did he blame the ref again?

hibbydog
13-03-2019, 06:10 AM
Win percentage.

Steven Gerrards, 52.27%

I’m sitting here p!ssed off as my train has been cancelled.... but those stats have given me a real boost. Tremendous. Thanks

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2019, 06:18 AM
Ask Scouse Hibby :greengrin

I couldn’t tell you, all memories and admiration of Gerrard whilst at Liverpool have been temporarily removed from my memory, they will only be reinstated when he leaves Ibrox, Walk on your own,Stevie lad.

weecounty hibby
13-03-2019, 06:20 AM
Win percentage.

Steven Gerrards, 52.27%

His stats would be better if it wasn't for those pesky Hibernians who he just can't seem to defeat 😊😊😊

jacomo
13-03-2019, 07:27 AM
And I'm sure his religious leanings will come to the fore.......just surmising.

What does go through Gerrard’s head when he hears the Sevco hordes singing anti-Catholic bile?

Does his family come up regularly to ‘enjoy’ the atmosphere?

jacomo
13-03-2019, 07:28 AM
The cup exits to the sheep are a significant blot but I actually think he's done OK in his first season. I was quite impressed by their first half play at ER last week.

His problem has always been that ‘ok’ is not enough.

Finishing 2nd and no cups is the bare minimum expected.

Crazyhorse
13-03-2019, 07:30 AM

Yeah and I distinctly remember Warburton celebrating the winning goal.

ian cruise
13-03-2019, 07:32 AM
Yeah and I distinctly remember Warburton celebrating the winning goal.

Think I might just watch Time For Heroes again, best check to be sure.....

Onion
13-03-2019, 07:37 AM

Another star over their badge for reaching a quarter final :greengrin

WellingtonHibby
13-03-2019, 07:40 AM
Feel a bit queasy about the gloating. They cuffed us for the majority of our last 2 ties with them. I'd rather gloat after we've handed out the beatings.
Im more annoyed that Aberdeen got the better of a side which made us look poor

hibsbollah
13-03-2019, 07:56 AM
Feel a bit queasy about the gloating. They cuffed us for the majority of our last 2 ties with them. I'd rather gloat after we've handed out the beatings.

We have an outstanding record against them since oldco were liquidated. Won 10 lost 8 or something, (please come and assist if you have the actual stat to hand:greengrin) This is a ridiculous level of dominance over a team with around seven times our player budget.

So don't feel queasy. Gloat away, it's your right as a Hibby.

worcesterhibby
13-03-2019, 08:00 AM

ive heard of being pint half empty sort of guy, but you take the biscuit. They have 10 times our budget and yet we are unbeaten against them this season...it’s great. :flag::flag:

Bostonhibby
13-03-2019, 08:01 AM
Another star over their badge for reaching a quarter final :greengrinWas expecting something when they won the petrofac. There's room for a wee oil rig or a petrol pump above all the other odd wee stars.

CentreLine
13-03-2019, 08:15 AM

Played out of their skins and made us look awful for 45 mins. Let’s not get too negative about it.

Springbank
13-03-2019, 08:19 AM
funny to think I've had my hands on the Scottish Cup more times than The Rangers

Carheenlea
13-03-2019, 08:26 AM

That answers the question - thanks! :thumbsup:

Carheenlea
13-03-2019, 08:26 AM
funny to think I've had my hands on the Scottish Cup more times than The Rangers

:top marks

Ronniekirk
13-03-2019, 09:09 AM
Win percentage.

Steven Gerrards win ratio

Getting further in Europe this season earned him plaudits and to be fair was an achievement given the squad they had
But the extra money given to him in January has been wasted so has to be a blot on his record
Apart from Europe I do t think he was under pressure to win anything from the Board in his first Season
But with nothing to play for now apart from second will be interesting to see how thier crowds fare
But he has done enough to go again next Season , but he will be under more pressure then

Since452
13-03-2019, 09:11 AM
Gerrard looked and sounded like a broken man last night. Wouldn't surprise me if he left at end of the season.

Ronniekirk
13-03-2019, 09:12 AM

Mum now that you’ve mentioned this it changes my view on my last post But still can’t see them sacking him

hibsbollah
13-03-2019, 09:34 AM
Gerrard looked and sounded like a broken man last night. Wouldn't surprise me if he left at end of the season.

Le Guen is looking down the barrel of a sacking in Turkey. Could be the saviour for the bears?:na na:

WeeRussell
13-03-2019, 11:31 AM

Brilliant. I'll have some of that :cb

Keith_M
13-03-2019, 12:02 PM

Dunno about that, I understood his after match interview quite well.

"Obviously we're disappointed ter lose, and I'll be 'av'n words wi' me team in de next few days, like."

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2019, 02:50 PM
Dunno about that, I understood his after match interview quite well.

"Obviously we're disappointed ter lose, and I'll be 'av'n words wi' me team in de next few days, like."

😂 Very good.

badabing67
13-03-2019, 03:11 PM

Could be their first win in the cup there since 1991

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2019, 03:25 PM
As usual no mention by the media about the items that were thrown from the stands at ibrox last night, although where they bought all those white towels is anyones guess?

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2019, 03:29 PM
It's only a few months since Huns were mindlessly repeating the 'let's go' phrase Gerrard used. That seems to have been quietly dropped :greengrin

theonlywayisup
17-03-2019, 10:28 AM
Keep believing Stevie G.

We all believe in you.

Since452
17-03-2019, 10:31 AM
It's only a few months since Huns were mindlessly repeating the 'let's go' phrase Gerrard used. That seems to have been quietly dropped :greengrin

Died out as quickly as the "going for 55" nonsense

Scouse Hibee
24-03-2019, 05:29 PM
I commented on the Liverpool FC Facebook page about Gerrard yesterday after he scored the winner in the legends game. I said what a pity he manages that vile club in Scotland. It touched a nerve with a Ranger fan who responded:

he's the manager of Rangers .... think your getting your vile clubs mixed up... ones a proud British club ... the other supports the IRA and covered up all sorts of heinous crimes against children. Who you calling a vile club rubbernut

😂 So there you have it nowt wrong with them!

MSK
24-03-2019, 05:40 PM
I commented on the Liverpool FC Facebook page about Gerrard yesterday after he scored the winner in the legends game. I said what a pity he mange’s that vile club in Scotland. It touched a nerve with a Ranger fan who responded:

he's the manager of Rangers .... think your getting your vile clubs mixed up... ones a proud British club ... the other supports the IRA and covered up all sorts of heinous crimes against children. Who you calling a vile club rubbernut

😂 So there you have it nowt wrong with them!Rubbernut wtf 😆

PatHead
24-03-2019, 06:45 PM
I commented on the Liverpool FC Facebook page about Gerrard yesterday after he scored the winner in the legends game. I said what a pity he manages that vile club in Scotland. It touched a nerve with a Ranger fan who responded:

Reply to him saying they are even worse than the old club who died. Watch him explode then.

The 90+2
24-03-2019, 06:51 PM
Reply to him saying they are even worse than the old club who died. Watch him explode then.

There’s definitely some kind of Gray area between the old and the new club. I can’t put my finger on it though,

Antifa Hibs
24-03-2019, 07:18 PM

Assuming one is not Scouse? Never met a scouser in my life who gives a flying **** about England/Britain let alone the huns!

There’s definitely some kind of Gray area between the old and the new club. I can’t put my finger on it though,

Can you put a head on it?

Hibbyradge
24-03-2019, 07:20 PM
Assuming one is not Scouse? Never met a scouser in my life who gives a flying **** about England/Britain let alone the huns!

Can you put a head on it?

:confused:

The 90+2
24-03-2019, 07:24 PM
:confused:

ScouseHibs comments on Gerrard managing huns.

Hun boy replies thinking SH is a Celtic fan.

AH states he’s never came across a scouse hun or gives a **** about all the Britain **** (fair point)

A head on it was in reference to Sir Daves Napper

renato
24-03-2019, 08:42 PM
The lad they had on loan from Roma speaks really highly of Sevco and Stevie G...

https://www.football-italia.net/136175/sadiq-humiliated-rangers?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=email_this&utm_source=email

Since452
24-03-2019, 08:45 PM
I think the hero worship Gerrard got at Anfield yesterday will make him think about things in the summer. He'll finish 15 plus points behind Celtic this season and won nothing again. Not worth the hassle.

Iain G
24-03-2019, 09:38 PM
I think the hero worship Gerrard got at Anfield yesterday will make him think about things in the summer. He'll finish 15 plus points behind Celtic this season and won nothing again. Not worth the hassle.

He has never won a league in his professional career so not sure why they thought he could win this one ahead of Celtic :-)

calumhibee1
24-03-2019, 09:45 PM

I’ve no idea if he does but if he’s aspirations for the Liverpool job then he can’t walk away from Rangers imo. Needs to turn it around.

jacomo
24-03-2019, 10:01 PM
I’ve no idea if he does but if he’s aspirations for the Liverpool job then he can’t walk away from Rangers imo. Needs to turn it around.

Tbf he’s done better than I thought he would. But any dreams he has of doing a Souness with the zombies must be weighed against the financial reality. They spent pretty big this season and got nowt.

calumhibee1
24-03-2019, 10:08 PM
Tbf he’s done better than I thought he would. But any dreams he has of doing a Souness with the zombies must be weighed against the financial reality. They spent pretty big this season and got nowt.

I think at their best they’ve improved. But they seem to have lost any middle ground. They either look a very good side or absolutely crap with very little in between where as before they looked a slightly better than most side at best but could also look average or absolute crap.

So in summary, there good days are even better but if they don’t have them then they’re gubbed:greengrin

Wee Effen Bee
24-03-2019, 10:28 PM
The lad they had on loan from Roma speaks really highly of Sevco and Stevie G...

https://www.football-italia.net/136175/sadiq-humiliated-rangers?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=email_this&utm_source=email

That all sounds a bit radge! It could mean that Stevie G-spot realised after a couple of training sessions the Rangers hadn’t signed Sadiq but his chancing wee brother Boabby who was fed up being a waiter, a bus driver or something. He certainly didn’t appear to be a fitba player from what I saw of him in the semi final. Mind you, if he is putting the boot into the huns…I like him and think he is a great striker! 😁

Ronniekirk
25-03-2019, 10:19 AM
He has never won a league in his professional career so not sure why they thought he could win this one ahead of Celtic :-)

When he was appointed King made it clear It was a three year plan and he wasn’t expecting to win the League in Gerrard first year The key was go further in Europe and the cash that brings
But clearly the fans are not happy and the fear of Celtic winning 10 in a row haunts them
So it remains to be seen if King and the Board continue to back thier Man and the three year an or whether they cave in to the Mutants and try and appoint someone who can work Miracles and Win the League in their first Season

theonlywayisup
08-12-2019, 05:57 PM
Looks like Stevie has slipped up again - apparently dominating the whole match, but not able to get his hands on the silverware.

G B Young
08-12-2019, 06:15 PM
Personally I think he's done a good job there so far. Yes, pressure's starting to mount now as the trophy famine goes on but they're a vastly improved side to the one he inherited. I initially suspected (and hoped) he'd be a dud but he's quite impressed me.

Hibernia&Alba
08-12-2019, 06:18 PM
Personally I think he's done a good job there so far. Yes, pressure's starting to mount now as the trophy famine goes on but they're a vastly improved side to the one he inherited. I initially suspected (and hoped) he'd be a dud but he's quite impressed me.

I agree. They are miles better this season (though he's had the money the rest of us can only dream of) and look a good side. In Europe they have done very well. I just hope he wins **** all there.

weecounty hibby
08-12-2019, 06:19 PM
What sort of good job has he done? I could manage the Hun to second place and into cup finals. The only team who can spend anywhere close to them is celtic. Europe, done ok in a relatively weak group but just ok. They're not through yet either

Hibernia&Alba
08-12-2019, 06:22 PM
What sort of good job has he done? I could manage the Hun to second place and into cup finals. The only team who can spend anywhere close to them is celtic. Europe, done ok in a relatively weak group but just ok. They're not through yet either

They are far better than last season. He's a rookie manager, but he's improved them significantly. Their 6-1 against us this season could easily have been 12.

Scouse Hibee
08-12-2019, 06:29 PM
Hard lines Stevie, keep on walking alone lad while you’re at that mancy mob 😂

weecounty hibby
08-12-2019, 06:31 PM
They are far better than last season. He's a rookie manager, but he's improved them significantly. Their 6-1 against us this season could easily have been 12.

As I said, I could have improved them and got them into second place. No trophies this year = P45.

Deansy
08-12-2019, 06:33 PM
Of course Gerrard must stay - he's the Huns 'Potter', just a slavering **** who, whatever it is that he sees on the pitch, it bears no actual resemblance to reality !

The Modfather
08-12-2019, 06:37 PM
As I said, I could have improved them and got them into second place. No trophies this year = P45.

To be fair Gerard has them in a genuine title battle and should really have beat Celtic today. That in itself is an improvement on what has come before, competing against the team that has won 10 trophies in a row.

jacomo
08-12-2019, 07:45 PM

Same.

Won’t count for zip unless he wins the league this season though.

9 in a row for Celtc and the pressure will become intense.

The 90+2
08-12-2019, 07:48 PM
Gerrard will turn into one of the great football managers. He’s doing an outstanding job at Rangers, they tore Celtic to bits today, they lost to an offside goal, should have had two penalties and the one they missed should have been a retake. It’s extremely ignorant to say otherwise considering the ripped us to bits too while Celtic struggled at Easter Road.

Scouse Hibee
08-12-2019, 07:52 PM
Gerrard will turn into one of the great football managers. He’s doing an outstanding job at Rangers, they tore Celtic to bits today, they lost to an offside goal, should have had two penalties and the one they missed should have been a retake. It’s extremely ignorant to say otherwise considering the ripped us to bits too while Celtic struggled at Easter Road.

Can I borrow your crystal ball?

Billy Whizz
08-12-2019, 07:52 PM
He’s had a significant budget

The 90+2
08-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Of course Gerrard must stay - he's the Huns 'Potter', just a slavering **** who, whatever it is that he sees on the pitch, it bears no actual resemblance to reality !

Gerrard is a champions league winning captain, Potter sat on a bog in Dundee. Gerrards wife is a model, Potters bird is an old Budgie about 200, Gerrard is a top top person, Levein is a ****. Apart from that you’ve probably got a point.

The 90+2
08-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Can I borrow your crystal ball?

Crystal ball for what?

Onion
08-12-2019, 07:58 PM
On a fraction of the budget, Hibs have won more silverware than the NewHuns. In fact, NewHuns may already have spent more money with ZERO return than any other club in Scottish history :greengrin

makaveli1875
08-12-2019, 08:04 PM
dont get all Gerard praise , he's spent a fortune been able to bring in the likes of Defoe and won **** all . They brought him in to win trophies and he has failed that remit so far

Hibee Mac
08-12-2019, 08:10 PM
To be fair not sure he deserves as much criticism as he's getting here. They are miles better than before, particularly this season and they absolutely battered Celtic today.

If that was us v Hearts we'd be fuming after dominating a derby and somehow losing. Celtic rode their luck big time today and I'd be a little worried if I were them.

Hibernia&Alba
08-12-2019, 08:20 PM
To be fair not sure he deserves as much criticism as he's getting here. They are miles better than before, particularly this season and they absolutely battered Celtic today.

If that was us v Hearts we'd be fuming after dominating a derby and somehow losing. Celtic rode their luck big time today and I'd be a little worried if I were them.

Celtic had injuries, but should invest now whilst ahead of Rangers. They need a couple of signings in January, particularly up front.

Jamesie
08-12-2019, 08:21 PM
This to me feels a bit like the Tommy Burns era - "Andy Goram's name will be on my gravestone" and having players like Cadete, van Hooijdonk and Di Canio but struggling to leave a mark on Rangers despite dominating Old Firm games - in reverse.

Scouse Hibee
08-12-2019, 08:25 PM
Crystal ball for what?

So I can see which other rookie manager will be one of footballs great managers.

The 90+2
08-12-2019, 08:52 PM
So I can see which other rookie manager will be one of footballs great managers.

He’s better than Frank Lampard (as the song goes) and he’s the new Pep. 😉

Waxy
08-12-2019, 09:03 PM
The old firm can only be compared to each other due to the unfair cash advantage. Gerrard is last in that league.

Henderson2Del
08-12-2019, 09:18 PM
The old firm can only be compared to each other due to the unfair cash advantage. Gerrard is last in that league.

In what way is it unfair?

hibbydog
08-12-2019, 09:25 PM

He’s doing a good, competent, solid job. Definitely not outstanding. If an old firm manager had won the league in his first year and perhaps a cup, that would be outstanding.

He’s definitely improved a poor team but after a season and a half it’s zero trophies out of four. I’d say that’s pretty poor to be honest.

JohnM1875
08-12-2019, 09:27 PM
Bizarre thread. Rangers under Gerrard have been so much better than I will ever want to give them credit for. Probably the most ruthless team in the league. And that's coming from someone who can't stand him (I love Lampard haha)

Can't wait till he leaves them and we see how they go from there.

CathroMustStay
08-12-2019, 10:17 PM

Sevco are collectively bigoted losers.

Gerrard has done a moderately decent job at Ibrox, yet will win zero trophies and therefore is a managerial loser.

Hibernia&Alba
08-12-2019, 10:23 PM
Gerrard is a champions league winning captain, Potter sat on a bog in Dundee. Gerrards wife is a model, Potters bird is an old Budgie about 200, Gerrard is a top top person, Levein is a ****. Apart from that you’ve probably got a point.

Stop this. I've said he's doing a very good job (with huge financial advantage) but you are verging upon sycophancy. They couldn't take their chances, **** him and let's celebrate the fact they are eight years without a trophy. I hope they never win anything again.

Lunatic
08-12-2019, 11:27 PM
In what way is it unfair?

Well, the cash situation would be fair if everyone had similar budgets. That's not the case here. The Rangers have a VASTLY superior budget to teams like Hamilton. As such, their success is not measured by whether they finish above Hamilton in the league, or win more cups than them. Their success is and always will be measured against the only team with a similar budget - Celtic.
Maybe you think they deserve more money as they have more fans. Perhaps they do. Maybe it's best if the more popular teams win all the time. Then everyone can just support the best teams. That'll be fun.
Maybe, the other teams will decide "**** it, what's the point" and the two most popular teams can just play each other all the time.
If something isn't done about the lack of competitive balance in football, eventually people will lose interest. It's happening already and is not good for the long term popularity of the sport.

B.H.F.C
08-12-2019, 11:35 PM
Bizarre thread. Rangers under Gerrard have been so much better than I will ever want to give them credit for. Probably the most ruthless team in the league. And that's coming from someone who can't stand him (I love Lampard haha)

Can't wait till he leaves them and we see how they go from there.

Rangers, under Gerrard, have returned to their old ways of spending loads of money they don’t have. And they still have nothing to show for it.

In the big games, when it really matters, they rarely do what they need to, as they’ve shown twice in the space of a few days.

calumhibee1
08-12-2019, 11:40 PM
Rangers, under Gerrard, have returned to their old ways of spending loads of money they don’t have. And they still have nothing to show for it.

In the big games, when it really matters, they rarely do what they need to, as they’ve shown twice in the space of a few days.

If we’re classing Aberdeen as a big game then it has to be acknowledged that they have done well in games that are a hell of a lot bigger in Europe than a league game away at Pittodrie less than half way through the season. I’m not sure it can be said they rarely turn up for big games now.

hibstag
09-12-2019, 09:22 AM

Alex Rae is that you?

Since452
09-12-2019, 09:36 AM
Gerrard has improved Rangers massively there's no doubt about that.

GreenCastle
09-12-2019, 09:45 AM
He’s spent a lot of money. Not hard to do well on Scotland if your paying players much more than other clubs.

Why didn’t Rangers stay out and watch Celtic lift trophy ?

Is this common for teams to get medal and just walk off ?

jacomo
09-12-2019, 11:31 AM
He’s spent a lot of money. Not hard to do well on Scotland if your paying players much more than other clubs.

Two possible explanations:

1) They have no class.
2) The provocation level was EXTREME, a few Celtc fans might have said some rude words and the club was worried about a potential riot and murderous rampage on the Hampden turf.

Barman Stanton
09-12-2019, 11:56 AM

The have only ever been in 1 major final before. They probably think its the norm to leave the pitch as soon as you have lost.

The 90+2
09-12-2019, 11:58 AM

Have they spent more money than Celtic? I very much doubt it.

superfurryhibby
09-12-2019, 12:02 PM

Who really cares, we’re all just enjoying the Hun searching for their first trophy and failing.....again.

matty_f
09-12-2019, 12:05 PM

I think I saw something the other day, which was after tax profit/loss of the Premiership teams - Celtic were something like £11.3m profit, while Rangers were £11.4m loss. That's almost £23m difference.

I get that simple data like that doesn't tell us anything about spending, but it does give you an idea of how much money Rangers have thrown at winning a solitary Petrofac Cup since 2012.

HoboHarry
09-12-2019, 12:07 PM
In the context of their all round finances, yes they have and by quite a margin......

The 90+2
09-12-2019, 12:26 PM
In the context of their all round finances, yes they have and by quite a margin......

The boy who scored yesterday for Celtic cost a lot more than anything rangers have spent. Same as Eduard the season prior to this. I’m done sticking up for the huns now 🙈

scoopyboy
09-12-2019, 12:39 PM
The boy who scored yesterday for Celtic cost a lot more than anything rangers have spent. Same as Eduard the season prior to this. I’m done sticking up for the huns now 🙈

Did yesterday's scorer cost more than the £7million Rangers spent on Ryan Kent?

I didn't think so.

matty_f
09-12-2019, 12:42 PM

I didn't think so.

I wouldn't think Lennon cost as much as Gerrard, either.

Wilson
09-12-2019, 12:48 PM

I didn't think so.

What were the figures? Wiki has Julien as "believed to be in the region of 7 million" and Ryan Kent as "an initial 6.5 million with potential add-ons". Not a lot in it.

superfurryhibby
09-12-2019, 12:49 PM

Who really cares, we’re all just enjoying the Hun searching for their first trophy and failing.....again.

The 90+2
09-12-2019, 01:00 PM

I didn't think so.

According to most reports then, yes.

The 90+2
09-12-2019, 01:00 PM

True :greengrin

Jim44
09-12-2019, 01:02 PM

It would churlish to suggest that Gerrard hasn’t been good for them in general terms. He’s steadied their ship to allow them to compete at the expected level for their size and budget, but to say he is going to be one of the great football managers is stretching things a bit.

scoopyboy
09-12-2019, 01:11 PM

I didn't realise that.

JeMeSouviens
09-12-2019, 01:32 PM
It would churlish to suggest that Gerrard hasn’t been good for them in general terms. He’s steadied their ship to allow them to compete at the expected level for their size and budget, but to say he is going to be one of the great football managers is stretching things a bit.

He's done much better than I thought he would but he has been bankrolled big time. They are way beyond what they can afford, kept afloat by die hard Hun directors who are basically pissing their money away trying to stop 10iar.

Since452
09-12-2019, 01:52 PM
All hypothetical but put Gerrard in charge of us or Aberdeen and I think he'd be toiling. Like others have said it's easier to improve a team when you're splashing out 7 million on one player and 10 of the other 11 teams in the league are signing free transfers

The 90+2
09-12-2019, 01:59 PM
All hypothetical but put Gerrard in charge of us or Aberdeen and I think he'd be toiling. Like others have said it's easier to improve a team when you're splashing out 7 million on one player and 10 of the other 11 teams in the league are signing free transfers

They drew with Porto and beat them at home, Porto spent £60m in the summer.

It’s not so easy to catch a team miles ahead of them when that team is still spending more annually though. Celtic spend more than Rangers, Celtic have built a team over 5 years, Gerrard has managed to cut the gap drastically while getting them to over achieve in Europe. It’s extremely lazy to say it is just because they are throwing money at it.

The 90+2
09-12-2019, 02:00 PM

I think he’s going to be a great manager, miles away from Glasgow right enough.

Ronniekirk
09-12-2019, 02:00 PM
Same.

Won’t count for zip unless he wins the league this season though.

9 in a row for Celtc and the pressure will become intense.

Yes the pressure will intensify the longer they go without winning something
But King initially said when he came in ,it would realistically take four to five years to get near Celtic , and back challenging for honours . That was also dependent on getting to group Stages of Europe ,for at least three Seasons in a row .
You would probably say Gerrard has delivered on all that bar winning something
However they had a great chance on Sunday and blew it .Whether pressure got to Morellos ,or a combination of that and the conditions .
But he will now be under even more pressure to score against them next time he plays against them
Transfer business could help determine who’s goes on to win the Title ,but it may we’ll be another barren year for The Rangers ,and King will step down ,and allow new investment ,for the Big Push next year ,to try and stop Celtic winning Ten in a Row .

Since452
09-12-2019, 02:07 PM
They drew with Porto and beat them at home, Porto spent £60m in the summer.

It’s not so easy to catch a team miles ahead of them when that team is still spending more annually though. Celtic spend more than Rangers, Celtic have built a team over 5 years, Gerrard has managed to cut the gap drastically while getting them to over achieve in Europe. It’s extremely lazy to say it is just because they are throwing money at it.

I'm not denying he's improved Rangers. Their European results have definitely been impressive. With the money he's spent they need to win something soon though or he'll ultimately be another Ibrox failure

Stokesy's on fire
09-12-2019, 02:13 PM
glad they blew a fortune on Kent who is about as crap as Ryan Jack

The 90+2
09-12-2019, 02:23 PM
I'm not denying he's improved Rangers. Their European results have definitely been impressive. With the money he's spent they need to win something soon though or he'll ultimately be another Ibrox failure

Let’s hope it ends in complete failure then 😁

He’s no Daniel Stendel but he’s a good manager.

The 90+2
09-12-2019, 02:23 PM

Baffling.

HoboHarry
09-12-2019, 02:31 PM
Baffling.
As far as I could make out it was a DK driven signing to appease the masses and since when did he care about spending other peoples money or the ability to pay it back?

The 90+2
09-12-2019, 03:51 PM
As far as I could make out it was a DK driven signing to appease the masses and since when did he care about spending other peoples money or the ability to pay it back?

He doesn’t. He’s a dirty crooked see you next Tuesday.

Since452
09-12-2019, 03:55 PM
Let’s hope it ends in complete failure then 😁

He’s no Daniel Stendel but he’s a good manager.

Gerrard could only dream of Gegenpressing. Only Klopp and Stendel can do that

makaveli1875
09-12-2019, 03:58 PM

We could do with a Ryan Jack in our midfield

The 90+2
09-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Gerrard could only dream of Gegenpressing. Only Klopp and Stendel can do that

True :greengrin

The 90+2
09-12-2019, 04:10 PM
We could do with a Ryan Jack in our midfield

Jacks becoming a brilliant player.

Scouse Hibee
09-12-2019, 05:16 PM

Neither of them are crap, far from it in fact.

Deansy
09-12-2019, 05:25 PM

:greengrin

we are hibs
09-12-2019, 05:57 PM
Gerrard is a fanny.

WestCoastHibby
09-12-2019, 06:08 PM

“Naw ye couldny “ 🙄

Stokesy's on fire
09-12-2019, 09:43 PM

You must be joking?

Stokesy's on fire
09-12-2019, 09:44 PM
Gerrard is a fanny.

But does he wear a?

MWHIBBIES
09-12-2019, 09:45 PM
You must be joking?

Not the person you've quoted but Jack is very good. A big reason for their improved fortunes

Hibernian Verse
09-12-2019, 09:49 PM
Not the person you've quoted but Jack is very good. A big reason for their improved fortunesAlso looking very good in Scotland shirt too. It's amazing what people see when they have tinted specs on. It's ok to think Rangers have good players.

However Kent isn't worth £7m. Horgan had better stats with less minutes played last season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Stokesy's on fire
09-12-2019, 09:50 PM
Not the person you've quoted but Jack is very good. A big reason for their improved fortunes

Bang average plenty sheep fans were glad when he left them

BILLYHIBS
09-12-2019, 09:59 PM

Ryan Jack to me is a player you never notice in a game

Played ok first half versus the Sheep at Pittodrie but put that down to him being an ex-don

Sunday brilliant strike that brought out a strong armed save from Forster and a good recovery tackle second half injuring himself when he gave away possession apart from that nothing the same when he plays for Scotland I have to remind myself he is on the pitch :greengrin

Edit: I honestly don’t remember him causing us any collateral damage in all his games for the Sheep versus us but 2-3 Scottish Cup SF is ringing a warning bell

Made his debut in 2010 has 3 Scotland Caps all since he joined The Rangers

MWHIBBIES
09-12-2019, 10:02 PM

They've gone from strength to strength since right enough. He would be their best player by a mile right now.

HoboHarry
09-12-2019, 10:34 PM
I wonder how many levels there are of brilliant?

Since452
10-12-2019, 05:21 AM

I used to think he was just another Ian Black but he's come on leaps and bounds under Gerrard.

Since90+2
10-12-2019, 05:27 AM
If Ryan Jack is now deemed a "brilliant" player then the definition of that word needs looked at.

He's not ***** and he's above average for a midfield player in Scotland but never in a million years is he "brilliant".

JimBHibees
10-12-2019, 05:46 AM

You did say a lot more sounds like a wee bit more. :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2019, 06:13 AM
If Ryan Jack is now deemed a "brilliant" player then the definition of that word needs looked at.

He's not ***** and he's above average for a midfield player in Scotland but never in a million years is he "brilliant".

In terms of Scottish football he is certainly brilliant.

MagicSwirlingShip
10-12-2019, 06:19 AM

And he has improved markedly since he left Aberdeen. Very effective at this level and has impressed in Europe for Scotland and Rangers.

BILLYHIBS
10-12-2019, 06:22 AM
Agree that Gerrard has definitely improved this player from the player he was at Aberdeen

:agree:

Edit:

Good but not brilliant

Scouse Hibee
10-12-2019, 06:49 AM

As were we when plenty of our players left, lots of them have improved, banging in goals, playing in the EPL etc. If you can’t see that Jack has improved vastly at Rangers then you need to wear your specs when watching.

Since90+2
10-12-2019, 06:56 AM
In terms of Scottish football he is certainly brilliant.

Brilliant? Guys like Larsson, Latapy , Sauzee , Van Dijk , Wanyama are brilliant players in Scotland not Ryan Jack.

He's a good player no doubt but he's certainly not brilliant .

superfurryhibby
10-12-2019, 08:20 AM
Brilliant? Guys like Larsson, Latapy , Sauzee , Van Dijk , Wanyama are brilliant players in Scotland not Ryan Jack.

Got to agree. It shows how far standards have slipped when Jack is described as brilliant. He’s an effective SPL player, no doubt about that, but brilliant, nah.

Stokesy's on fire
10-12-2019, 08:59 AM
As were we when plenty of our players left, lots of them have improved, banging in goals, playing in the EPL etc. If you can’t see that Jack has improved vastly at Rangers then you need to wear your specs when watching.

Rangers are claiming that they are going for 55 when in reality it's 1 but that's a whole different story. Ryan Jack is hardly the kind of signing that will help them win the league. Celtic have nothing to fear as long as the Rangers sign the likes of Jack.

Stokesy's on fire
10-12-2019, 09:01 AM

Agree with this and that's my point Regarding Ryan Jack he is hardly the makings of classy players such as the ones listed above.

MagicSwirlingShip
10-12-2019, 09:06 AM
Rangers are claiming that they are going for 55 when in reality it's 1 but that's a whole different story. Ryan Jack is hardly the kind of signing that will help them win the league. Celtic have nothing to fear as long as the Rangers sign the likes of Jack.

He was pretty good against the Celtic midfield on Sunday 🤷🏻*♂️

JeMeSouviens
10-12-2019, 09:27 AM

On a scale of Brian Kerr to John McGinn he's somewhere between Mikey Stewart and Kevin Thomson.

Since90+2
10-12-2019, 11:00 AM

On a scale of Brian Kerr to John McGinn he's somewhere between Mikey Stewart and Kevin Thomson.

I don't think he's as good a player as Thomson was but I get your point he's in that sort of area. Definitely not brilliant.

JeMeSouviens
10-12-2019, 11:45 AM
I don't think he's as good a player as Thomson was but I get your point he's in that sort of area. Definitely not brilliant.

Neither do I. Wee bit better than Stewart, worse than Thomson, was what I was trying to say.

Since452
10-12-2019, 01:35 PM

Actually thought Mikey Stewart was class for Hibs

The 90+2
10-12-2019, 01:37 PM

In terms of the quality of player we have in Scottish football we have at the moment he’s a brilliant player. Nowhere near as good as Thommo mind you but the standard of the game was a lot better then. Just my impartial view.

Smartie
10-12-2019, 01:54 PM
Actually thought Mikey Stewart was class for Hibs

He was.

We had so many good midfielders at that time he blended in a wee bit, whereas during almost any other era he’d have been a standout.

BILLYHIBS
10-12-2019, 02:31 PM
No way is Ryan Jack anywhere near brilliant

It’s Ryan Jack we are talking about here

Square ball to a man covered followed by another square ball to a man covered

OK he has improved since he moved to the Hun

The DM that is brilliant and has kept Ryan Jack out of the Scotland team for the last 10 years is our very own Scott Brown

So there ye are just imho of course :greengrin

Going forward looking as though he is starting to forge a good partnership with MacGregor of Celtic for Scotland

The 90+2
10-12-2019, 02:33 PM
No way is Ryan Jack anywhere near brilliant

It’s Ryan Jack we are talking about here

Square ball to a man covered followed by another square ball to a man covered

OK he has improved since he moved to the Hun

The DM that is brilliant and has kept Ryan Jack out of the Scotland team for the last 10 years is our very own Scott Brown

So there ye are just imho of course :greengrin

Going forward looking as though he is starting to forge a good partnership with MacGregor of Celtic for Scotland

Jacks nowhere near Brown at the same age, he’s not “our very own” though.

He was Aberdeen’s best player and he’s improved since going to the huns, he’s improved a lot over the past year for definite and is starting to dictate games such as Sunday.

BILLYHIBS
10-12-2019, 03:05 PM
Jacks nowhere near Brown at the same age, he’s not “our very own” though.

He was Aberdeen’s best player and he’s improved since going to the huns, he’s improved a lot over the past year for definite and is starting to dictate games such as Sunday.

Agree Brown was miles better at the same age and when a lot younger had drive power physicality and could drive teams forward not sideways
The Sheep fans were more concerned about losing their Referee McShinnie than Jack
Jack is good and improving not brilliant in anyone’s book
Dont think I have ever seen Jack control the pace of a game the way Brown does
Dearie me
Just imho of course
Edit:
Dictated his team to a 0-1 loss versus 10 men?
Couldnae conduct a bus! ��

theonlywayisup
29-02-2020, 06:50 PM
I know that he's had a bad night, but he needs to stay strong. Not many teams go to Tiny and get an easy game. Edit, almost all do apart from Gerrard's The Rangers.

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2020, 06:56 PM
Remember we were told how good they were, and the Govan Galacticos were going to pump everyone sideways most weeks.

And even Challenge the smellies for the league, and maybe win a trophy too. :faf:

Hiber-nation
29-02-2020, 07:04 PM
The stickies were lulled into a false sense of security by how utterly abysmal Braga were the other night. Anyone could see it wasn't a great rangers performance.

Mikey
29-02-2020, 07:25 PM
The longer it is before that club wins its first major trophy the better.

Billy Whizz
29-02-2020, 07:26 PM
He’s refused to change their style, always 433, where other teams have gone 2 up top
He’s signed loads of players, and coming off a tiring performance in Europe, would have thought a few may have been involved!

Long may it continue, but wouldn’t surprise me if he’s thinking of moving on at the end of the season

allmodcons
29-02-2020, 07:30 PM
The stickies were lulled into a false sense of security by how utterly abysmal Braga were the other night. Anyone could see it wasn't a great rangers performance.

The lad Edmundson they were raving about in midweek was absolutely abysmal against Hearts tonight.

Since452
29-02-2020, 07:35 PM
Shoogly peg now surely

theonlywayisup
29-02-2020, 07:39 PM
Shoogly peg now surely

I suppose the The Rangers fans must decide whether they trust Gerrard to stop 10 in a row, a 10 in the row that could be delivered by the guy they hate the most, Neil Lennon.

G B Young
29-02-2020, 09:31 PM
Shoogly peg now surely

He'll stay while they're still in Europe I'd imagine, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's an agreed parting of the ways at the end of the season.

Up until Christmas I thought he was doing a far better job than I'd expected him to do but recent results have been woeful.

Losing once to the yams (still Stendel's only league win) was embarrassing but could have been seen as a freak result, but to lose twice to the worst team in the league in the space of a few weeks is borderline sackable for the manager of a team tasked with winning the title. Leg weary and lacking strikers they may have been but I was genuinely taken aback by how hapless they were this evening.

CloudSquall
29-02-2020, 10:07 PM
If they weren't still in Europe he'd be gone.

Northernhibee
29-02-2020, 10:43 PM
I used to think I liked Gerrard but he’s doing a Lennon and throwing his team in front of a bus, again. That never ends well.

calumhibee1
29-02-2020, 10:45 PM
They have absolutely collapsed. What was an excellent side before Xmas now look atrocious domestically.

HendoDelivered
01-03-2020, 12:01 AM
Failure.

Onion
01-03-2020, 03:08 AM
If they weren't still in Europe he'd be gone.

True, which makes it all the more enjoyable ! The Huns and their board are obsessed with the title but now can’t sack him as he’s making much needed money for them in Europe. Another year trophy less is hilarious.

Pretty Boy
01-03-2020, 06:39 AM
Europe will save him this year.

I don't know many Rangers fans but the couple I do love him. He's barely laid a glove on Celtic in 2 seasons yet they think he is a saviour.

Rumble de Thump
01-03-2020, 06:40 AM
Having overspent by tens of millions of pounds, the Sevco board must have given him a target of at least winning a domestic cup this season and pushing Celtic all the way in the league.

hibbydog
01-03-2020, 06:56 AM
I actually think he’s done a reasonable job overall. They were a shambles before he arrived. He has gotten them closer to Celtic and they’ve done well in Europe.

Everyone expected them to kick on after the winter break, but they’ve been woeful and the daggers will now be out.

Antifa Hibs
01-03-2020, 07:01 AM

I don't know many Rangers fans but the couple I do love him. He's barely laid a glove on Celtic in 2 seasons yet they think he is a saviour.

Same here with the few current buns I work with. Even polls on Rangers forums and two thirds still backing him.

Apparently being an honest makes up for being a ***** manager - he has a worst win record than Pedro, Murty and Warbs :confused:

BTW if Kent's worth £7.5m, Boyles worth £10m!

Antifa Hibs
01-03-2020, 07:07 AM
I actually think he’s done a reasonable job overall. They were a shambles before he arrived. He has gotten them closer to Celtic and they’ve done well in Europe.

Everyone expected them to kick on after the winter break, but they’ve been woeful and the daggers will now be out.

They're 12 points behind Celtic - in 2 weeks time it'll likely be 15 points. That's shocking for the money they're spending.

He's ended their season in Feb. Europe is a bonus for the OF if they do well domestically. When Celtic get the 10 no Rangers fans going to look back and say "Chin up William mind last season we got to the last 16 in the Europa - who cares about 10IAR and 5 trebles".

He's clueless as **** and with the threat of 10IAR desperation will kick. Hopefully he stays on and blows another £15m on utter dross.

Wether its Celtic, Rangers or Celtic and Rangers mopping up all silverware makes no difference to Hibs really. But I do really really enjoy seeing the huns in pain so hopefully they'll win SFA for years to come.

Oscar T Grouch
01-03-2020, 07:08 AM
There are quite a few knives out for him on hun media, a lot of unhappy huns, it was fun reading some of their tear and anger soaked posts. Luckily for Slippy, he made a mint for them in Europe and secured the large wedge of the TV monies over celtc, so him peg isn’t too shooglie yet. I would imagine a mutual agreement parting come seasons end, they certainly can’t afford to pay him off given the length of deal they just gave him. Might even be a EPL club in for him given he’s a high profile manager. Hun media seem to want Walter to come out of retirement to prevent 10 in a row.

Ozyhibby
01-03-2020, 07:36 AM
Gerrard has made them money in Europe but not enough to cover the extra he is spending on the first team. The wage bill is now about £40m, up from £24m when he arrived. Europe is likely to have been worth about £15m for them which is good but all the extra money hasn’t got them nearer Celtic. In fact they are further away this year than last. And a lot of his signings are aging or look complete duds like Kent.

Dashing Bob S
01-03-2020, 07:37 AM
I think Gerard would have been off at the end of this season anyway. The only circumstance that might have made it advantageous for him to stay was if he had won the flag. Stopping Celtic buying ten in a row would sealed his place as a Hun immortal, and a crack at the CL would have been decent on his CV. It always has been about exit strategy, as it must when someone of that stature goes to an economically small football pond like Scotland. Gerard's is now going a bit ropey; no domestic trophies isn't a substantive improvement on what went on before. So all about teasing another performance or two out of the Europa if he's to put himself in the running for a top English job. If he had lifted the Scottish Cup and got a bit closer to Celtic, that might have been enough to get him a top job at a big but underperforming club like Arsenal. But he's now drifting into the Norwich/West Brom zone.

Since452
01-03-2020, 08:09 AM
More chance of us keeping Docherty if he stays

Ozyhibby
01-03-2020, 08:16 AM
More chance of us keeping Docherty if he stays

Agree. New manager may want to see him before he lets him go.

JimBHibees
01-03-2020, 08:23 AM

In head to head games they have been excellent against Celtic however unfathomably their form has 2 seasons in a row fallen off a cliff after the winter break. Whenever they have a poor result he questions the players possibly reasonable one or two times but not every game and doesn't appear to take any responsibility. Reading between the lines think he will leave at the end of the season and get an EPL job.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2020, 08:23 AM
What a shame for Stevie G, as I said when he arrived he can walk alone alone for me as long as he manages that mob, he may be walking soon anyway.

BoomtownHibees
01-03-2020, 08:30 AM
He has gotten them closer to Celtic.

I think they are further away than this time last season

Eyrie
01-03-2020, 09:15 AM
Agree. New manager may want to see him before he lets him go.

Alternatively the new manager wants to free up funds to bring in new players. The downside of that is we would have to compete with bigger budgets down south.

Is It On....
01-03-2020, 09:19 AM
"He [Stevie Gee] will be another manager who quits after being humiliated by a Hearts beating" 😂

KingPat4
01-03-2020, 09:30 AM
He's fallen into the trap of blaming the players.

His team and his decision to drop Morelos. No way would have missed the game if it had been v Celtic.

Great manager destined for Merseyside though.

Tranmere Rovers.

RoYO!
01-03-2020, 09:35 AM
He did get them closer to Celtic than in recent memory. However this has now spectacularly imploded. He's demonstrated he doesn't have the skills at this point in time to turn it around. He'll learn a lot from this spell. It's just that another team will reap the benefit.

Sorry if this has been covered- did he head down the tunnel early at Tiny?

Keith_M
01-03-2020, 09:44 AM
What a shame for Stevie G, as I said when he arrived he can walk alone alone for me as long as he manages that mob, he may be walking soon anyway.

He hasn't done his public image any favours, either by signing for that lot in the first place or regularly slating his players after they lose.

Carheenlea
01-03-2020, 09:49 AM
He did get them closer to Celtic than in recent memory. However this has now spectacularly imploded. He's demonstrated he doesn't have the skills at this point in time to turn it around. He'll learn a lot from this spell. It's just that another team will reap the benefit.

Sorry if this has been covered- did he head down the tunnel early at Tiny?

Pretty much straight down. Hearts completely blanked the Rangers bench choosing to go overboard celebrating with each other rather than shaking hands with Rangers bench. Gerard didn’t hang about to wait.

lord bunberry
01-03-2020, 09:56 AM
https://twitter.com/premiersportstv/status/1233848204560564224?s=21

theonlywayisup
01-03-2020, 10:18 AM

Listening to that, I get the feeling that if The Rangers got a serious bid for Morelos that they would take it. If so, maybe the purchase of a certain Swiss striker might be an option, not to replace Morelos but as back up to a main striker.

01-03-2020, 10:19 AM

Meanwhile outside

https://t.co/QSXXSpnqAv

wookie70
01-03-2020, 10:22 AM
He's fallen into the trap of blaming the players.

His team and his decision to drop Morelos. No way would have missed the game if it had been v Celtic.

Great manager destined for Merseyside though.

Tranmere Rovers.He has taken the second biggest spending team to a fairly distant second and won nothing. Not my definition of great

Speedway
01-03-2020, 10:35 AM
If it's the player's fault because they don't want to win enough, who sanctioned their signing for the club and who prepares them physically and mentally for a game?

Slippy showing his immaturity in management here.

Keith_M
01-03-2020, 10:39 AM
Meanwhile outside

https://t.co/QSXXSpnqAv

Need to get those Orange Ultras onside, before the really lose it..

01-03-2020, 10:51 AM
Need to get those Orange Ultras onside, before the really lose it..

Kamberi will soon be having 2nd thoughts when they turn on him when continues spoiling promising attacks by getting caught offside, when he loses the ball with 1 too many stepovers and keeps falling over but not winning fouls.

tamig
01-03-2020, 11:26 AM
In head to head games they have been excellent against Celtic however unfathomably their form has 2 seasons in a row fallen off a cliff after the winter break. Whenever they have a poor result he questions the players possibly reasonable one or two times but not every game and doesn't appear to take any responsibility. Reading between the lines think he will leave at the end of the season and get an EPL job.

That sounds exactly like Lennon with us after a bad result that you just described there.

Renfrew_Hibby
01-03-2020, 11:42 AM
Think he knows he's on a hiding to nothing at Ibrox plus, the club is a shambles from top to bottom behind the scenes compared to the well run global machine that is a leading EPL side such as Liverpool FC.

Glasgow and the old firm is just such a parochial soap opera and I think he is starting to grow weary of it all now.

Doesn't really matter if he achieves success or not up here as its just a pub league to those down south. Euro success is something that will have been noted though and he's still a superstar in the eyes of many.

I can see him taking over a club like Stoke or Blackburn and doing a reasonable job of revitalising them but I can't see him getting a gig in the Premiership straight from Rangers.

Weegreenman
01-03-2020, 11:53 AM
I hope Gerrard leaves. I’m a massive Liverpool fan and you know that means he’s God like to us REDS. However he went down in my estimation when he joined the manky mob. It’s time to come home son.

We all make mistakes!

Stuart93
01-03-2020, 12:10 PM
I hope Gerrard leaves. I’m a massive Liverpool fan and you know that means he’s God like to us REDS. However he went down in my estimation when he joined the manky mob. It’s time to come home son.

We all make mistakes!

He’s shown himself to be a bit of ****er in all honesty.

Greetin faced & a very very sore loser.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-03-2020, 12:20 PM
Realistically, how would Gerard do at a Killie or St Johnstone
However much we dislike them, rangers is a massive gig and I was amazed he got this as a first job - don’t think you can count manager of Liverpool youth
Steven Gerrards Rangers (as they are now called) have really backed him (with money they don’t have) and haven’t really been rewarded

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2020, 12:40 PM
Realistically, how would Gerard do at a Killie or St Johnstone
However much we dislike them, rangers is a massive gig and I was amazed he got this as a first job - don’t think you can count manager of Liverpool youth
Steven Gerrards Rangers (as they are now called) have really backed him (with money they don’t have) and haven’t really been rewarded

Exactly, they took advantage of a few clubs early doors, Hibs were in turmoil with a clueless clown, Hearts have been sheite all season but beat them twice.

Aberdeen started poorly and as did others. They have beaten most of the clubs they should beat, but overall league wise they are no better than they were under previous managers.

Europe is where they have done well, that is about to end.:greengrin

02-03-2020, 12:19 PM
He'll stay until the scriptwriter (I wonder who that is) dreams up a plot line to facilitate his departure.

cabbageandribs1875
02-03-2020, 01:07 PM
contract until summer 2024, would cost sevco a fortune to get rid, ain't going anywhere me thinks, unless a position opens up down south, i don't imagine he will go to a club that can't give him lots of money for players

Weegreenman
02-03-2020, 01:14 PM
He’s shown himself to be a bit of ****er in all honesty.

Greetin faced & a very very sore loser.

I think that comes when ye cross the Ibrox threshold. He was a great player and a great ambassador for Liverpool but he’s definitely made a bad move going to that bigoted lot.

JeMeSouviens
02-03-2020, 01:21 PM
Did Alex Ferguson not justify his opinion on Gerrard not being a "top, top player" based on him losing the plot a bit and going into headless chicken mode when things went badly?

Seems that particular trait may have stuck with him as a manager. :wink:

Sergio sledge
02-03-2020, 01:23 PM
Not that I feel at all good defending Gerrard but, to be fair to him, Celtics form this season has been ridiculously good. If they keep up their current average points and goals totals then they'll only be 3 points behind Rodgers' unbeaten season in terms of points having scored more and conceded less than during the unbeaten season (all ignoring the fact that the last 5 games are generally harder games on average).

Rangers' form has fallen off a cliff since the winter break, but they've more points this season than Celtic had at the same point last season.

theonlywayisup
04-03-2020, 09:17 PM
Another bad night for Gerard tonight. Bad result being beaten by Hamilton. Can imagine Huns.net is a hoot tonight!

Irish_Steve
04-03-2020, 09:24 PM
And a win for us would have meant a 7 point gap between Hamilton and the Farts

If you Granny had balls and all that

Iggy Pope
04-03-2020, 09:33 PM
Did Alex Ferguson not justify his opinion on Gerrard not being a "top, top player" based on him losing the plot a bit and going into headless chicken mode when things went badly?

Seems that particular trait may have stuck with him as a manager. :wink:

He’s foreheadless that’s clear. Out his depth again.

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2020, 09:34 PM
Govan Galacticos lost to Hamilton, not possible. :tee hee:

Ronniekirk
04-03-2020, 09:39 PM
That’s a shocking result fir The Rangers Their season has imploded since the break apart from Europe But that is likely to cost them more points as they play midweek and again at weekends

Iggy Pope
04-03-2020, 09:40 PM
That’s a shocking result fir The Rangers Their season has imploded since the break apart from Europe But that is likely to cost them more points as they play midweek and again at weekends

Cmon man, their fans wanted the break apart from Europe :greengrin

Coco Bryce
04-03-2020, 09:42 PM
Even better that Morelos is utter ***** and his value is rapidly reaching nowt 😂😂

theonlywayisup
04-03-2020, 10:18 PM
A very deflated Rangers manager, Steven Gerrard, has been speaking to the media in the last few minutes.

"I didn't think I could be more disappointed than I was after Hearts," he says. "But here I am, even more disappointed than I was a few days ago.

"I did lay down the gauntlet, I'll continue to do that. We've definitely got a dressing room that are shot of confidence. We've played ourselves into a rut. I've got a real tough job to pick that up and improve it from here.

"The dressing room is very quiet at the moment. Myself and my staff are flat because we're doing everything we can."

Since452
05-03-2020, 05:50 AM
Would somebody please just think about Florian Kamberi ffs in all of this. He's joined the team he loves only to draw with St Johnstone and lose at home to the Accies. My heart ****ing breaks for the boy. He's not even sampled the best atmosphere in the world yet.

Hope you know that when you laugh at Rangers and Gerrard you're laughing at Flo too.

I want a round of applause on the 23rd minute at Pittodrie so we can show our support to him. Yes, I might resemble the Hearts plaza solo clapper but he's one of our own.

Callum_62
05-03-2020, 08:23 AM
I don't get the hatred for Gerard, always comes across as honest and forthright in his after match interviews

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Smartie
05-03-2020, 08:40 AM
I don't get the hatred for Gerard, always comes across as honest and forthright in his after match interviews

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I find him to be quite complimentary as well - probably too complementary towards us as we've been generally gash against them during his time there.

I'm never going to like the Rangers manager (it goes with the position) but I can't wait for Gerrard to leave Rangers as I liked him as a player and I think he's a very good manager.

surreyhibbie
05-03-2020, 08:49 AM
I find him to be quite complimentary as well - probably too complementary towards us as we've been generally gash against them during his time there.

I'm never going to like the Rangers manager (it goes with the position) but I can't wait for Gerrard to leave Rangers as I liked him as a player and I think he's a very good manager.

agree.

Always admired him as a player and he generally comes across okay, but as manager of that despicable mob ?

Nah! he's a welt!

as soon as he leaves he will turn back into a decent guy.

I felt the same about wee Gordon at Celtc, he turned into a twat when he joined them. Then he left and is okay again

goes with the territory I suppose, although Warburton is still a fanny.