PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 odd at Tinycastle.

Not In The Know
12-03-2019, 08:48 PM
And scraped through. ***** team with a great draw in the cup.

And on league duties, actually having a decent playing surface is to their detriment.

That is all.

Joe6-2
12-03-2019, 08:49 PM
Big team 😉

Hermit Crab
12-03-2019, 09:02 PM
So what? We'd happily trade places with them just now, a cup semi and higher up in the league.

BoomtownHibees
12-03-2019, 09:05 PM
So what? We'd happily trade places with them just now, a cup semi and higher up in the league.

Here he goes again.......

You are allowed to have a wee laugh at our rivals, despite everything you say about trading places with them

Hiber-nation
12-03-2019, 09:05 PM

Don't actually believe you've done this again....

AugustaHibs
12-03-2019, 09:06 PM

You’re the most tedious person on here by a fair bit

Bob1875
12-03-2019, 09:11 PM
They’re in the Scottish cup semi finals?

Hibernia&Alba
12-03-2019, 09:15 PM
Where were the other 390,000?

JimBHibees
12-03-2019, 09:19 PM

Think we might have got into semi also if we had the lowest ranked teams in last 3 rounds. At least you will have a day out at Hampden to look forward to. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
12-03-2019, 09:21 PM
Think we might have got into semi also if we had the lowest ranked teams in last 3 rounds. At least you will have a day out at Hampden to look forward to. :greengrin

Thats right, 1-5 :angeldevi

green day
12-03-2019, 09:25 PM
I wouldn't want to be at tynecastle......as it's a leaking dump......however I would love Hibs to be in the semi with that lineup of opposition.

Celtic will still win the thing though, hopefully by a record scoreline v the cardigan wearers.

Lago
12-03-2019, 09:25 PM
You’re the most tedious person on here by a fair bit
No he's not there are a few on here that are way more tedious than the crab.

Not In The Know
12-03-2019, 09:44 PM

You are hilarious. If nothing else.

Gogs07
12-03-2019, 10:31 PM
Shocking crowd against the Glesgae giants.

Gorgie faithful dressed up as empty seats!!

fiolex1
12-03-2019, 10:34 PM
To be fair, it was poor weather. So that would explain why the other 390,000 stayed at home

heretoday
12-03-2019, 10:35 PM
That's a poor crowd.
Hopefully they'll get more in the final.

Hibernia&Alba
12-03-2019, 10:37 PM
That's a poor crowd.
Hopefully they'll get more in the final.

They won't sell their full allocation for ICT, if it's at Hampden; no chance. Play it at Pittordrie, that will please them. :greengrin

CMurdoch
12-03-2019, 10:59 PM
They have wasted energy tonight and will waste further energy against Inverness, will get their hopes up and then be destroyed by the Green Weegies in the final.
A great big waste of energy, Cul De Sac El Jambo, meanwhile we leapfrog them for 5th.

HibeeHibernian4
13-03-2019, 02:12 AM
Posters calling Hermit Crab "tedious" and yet there's a thread in existence about Hearts' crowd tonight? Couldn't make it up. :rolleyes:

BoomtownHibees
13-03-2019, 06:23 AM
Posters calling Hermit Crab "tedious" and yet there's a thread in existence about Hearts' crowd tonight? Couldn't make it up. :rolleyes:

You do get that rivalry is all about poking fun at your rivals from time to time eh? Even if it’s for the smallest, pettiest thing, taking the piss out of them is fair game regardless of any other circumstances. I would imagine all Hibs fans would trade places with them to be in the semi final and above them in the league but if the self proclaimed “Big Team” can only muster 10k for a cup quarter final then piss-taking is fine in my book

JimBHibees
13-03-2019, 06:51 AM
Thats right, 1-5 :angeldevi

At last its unanimous now. :greengrin

JimboHibs
13-03-2019, 07:06 AM
You do get that rivalry is all about poking fun at your rivals from time to time eh? Even if it’s for the smallest, pettiest thing, taking the piss out of them is fair game regardless of any other circumstances. I would imagine all Hibs fans would trade places with them to be in the semi final and above them in the league but if the self proclaimed “Big Team” can only muster 10k for a cup quarter final then piss-taking is fine in my book

Crack on and take the piss then,im waiting on some ground breaking hilarity from you 👍

Squealing pig
13-03-2019, 07:14 AM

If this is what nightshift does to u time to get back on days 😂

ian cruise
13-03-2019, 07:21 AM

I'm all for poking fun at our rivals, I think it's half the fun of football, so I don't disagree. I'd only cavaet it with the fact we have become quite bad for doing the very things that we mock Hearts and kickback in particular for. Multiple threads about our rivals instead of ourselves, obsessions with crowd sizes and our being larger than there's and an entitlement to be winning things with an element of our support throwing toys out the pram (along side bottles and chairs) when they aren't getting their way.

Great example of this is the uproar when skatchel was allowed to have 51 as his number at dundee utd but we lived it when Liam had 32 at Ross County, and Scott Allan was 23.

Antifa Hibs
13-03-2019, 08:02 AM
BoomtownHibeys wrote...

Poke fun at them? They're above us in the league and will likely have a Scottish Cup final appearance to look forward to LOL.

Couldn't give a **** about their crowd. This place is becoming more like some JKB facebook cross everyweek.

Since452
13-03-2019, 09:20 AM
Poke fun at them? They're above us in the league and will likely have a Scottish Cup final appearance to look forward to LOL.

Couldn't give a **** about their crowd. This place is becoming more like some JKB facebook cross everyweek.

To be fair they poked fun at our crowds for years so dont mind a bit of banter back now we have a higher average home attendance and they're struggling to break 10k for a QF

BoomtownHibees
13-03-2019, 09:24 AM
Crack on and take the piss then,im waiting on some ground breaking hilarity from you 👍

Now you are hilarious Jimbo

BoomtownHibees
13-03-2019, 09:25 AM

If you couldn’t give a **** about it then leave the thread alone that is clearly going to be about their crowd going by the title

BoomtownHibees
13-03-2019, 09:27 AM
I'm all for poking fun at our rivals, I think it's half the fun of football, so I don't disagree. I'd only cavaet it with the fact we have become quite bad for doing the very things that we mock Hearts and kickback in particular for. Multiple threads about our rivals instead of ourselves, obsessions with crowd sizes and our being larger than there's and an entitlement to be winning things with an element of our support throwing toys out the pram (along side bottles and chairs) when they aren't getting their way.

Great example of this is the uproar when skatchel was allowed to have 51 as his number at dundee utd but we lived it when Liam had 32 at Ross County, and Scott Allan was 23.

Maybe, just maybe, folk have listened to their **** about silly things such as crowd size etc so want to give a bit back when the shoe is on the other foot. Nothing wrong with that imo

flash
13-03-2019, 09:31 AM
Some people on here have real trouble understanding the concept of local rivalry.

The 90+2
13-03-2019, 09:42 AM
If you couldn’t give a **** about it then leave the thread alone that is clearly going to be about their crowd going by the title

😂😂

ian cruise
13-03-2019, 09:50 AM
Maybe, just maybe, folk have listened to their **** about silly things such as crowd size etc so want to give a bit back when the shoe is on the other foot. Nothing wrong with that imo

Agree, when we forget about good natured, and slightly daft stuff, like winding rivals up about crowd size, etc then it all gets a bit serious and depressing.

Antifa Hibs
13-03-2019, 09:56 AM
It's nonsense. They're above us in the league and have already been in one semi, are in another and likely to get to the Cup Final. The fact the only thing we have to slag them about is getting 10k at home on a midweek cup-tie against bottom of the Championship says more about us than it does them. IMO.

I'll slag them when we're pumping them and above them in the league. Attendance's mean the square root of fudge all.

JimboHibs
13-03-2019, 10:09 AM
Now you are hilarious Jimbo

Your easily amused

BoomtownHibees
13-03-2019, 10:30 AM
Your easily amused

*You’re

Mick O'Rourke
13-03-2019, 11:01 AM
It's nonsense. They're above us in the league and have already been in one semi, are in another and likely to get to the Cup Final. The fact the only thing we have to slag them about is getting 10k at home on a midweek cup-tie against bottom of the Championship says more about us than it does them. IMO.

I'll slag them when we're pumping them and above them in the league. Attendance's mean the square root of fudge all.

Very amusing this Attentive Attendance Syndrome that some fans of both clubs appear to have. :wink:

I would not have let my cat out (if i had one !)last night ,such was the weather.

This fixation with crowd sizes had me thinking on crowds back in my younger days.

I remember standing on the terraces of Easter Road many times where the crowd was less than 5/6000
That was in a 65.000 capacity ground.
Tynecastle would see similar [small]crowds on occasion.
And when Celtic were doing their 9 in a row, Ibrox could be, and was "empty" at times.
Less than 10.000 some games.
Celtic before Jock Stein's era would see empty terraces as well

And this all before live TV and so many other social activities that people do and have nowadays.

Pubs shut in the afternoon too,back then;-)