PDA

View Full Version : The Most Route One Teams Ranked In Order

04Sauzee
12-03-2019, 02:15 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/the-most-route-one-scottish-premiership-teams-ranked-in-order-1-4887860/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Hopefully Hibs long passes are more meaningful than the Hoof

Leitherhibs
12-03-2019, 02:26 PM
These EN articles are dreadful, clickbait for scottish fitba' fans, they can't even format them properly, so I wouldn't be too convinced about the accuracy of the data. Shower of amateurs.

AltheHibby
13-03-2019, 08:00 AM
These EN articles are dreadful, clickbait for scottish fitba' fans, they can't even format them properly, so I wouldn't be too convinced about the accuracy of the data. Shower of amateurs.

Agreed. Having said that, apparently Gorgie is the second worst part of Edinburgh for rats. Which I choose to believe makes it a total dump. 😁

we are hibs
13-03-2019, 08:02 AM
Everyone has surely noticed we have been more direct (lots of times with no need) this season? The amount of times on Friday McGregor and Hanlon had the ball at their feet and didn't have an option in midfield so tried to lump it forward in behind their defence was frightening.

wookie70
13-03-2019, 09:26 AM
Everyone has surely noticed we have been more direct (lots of times with no need) this season? The amount of times on Friday McGregor and Hanlon had the ball at their feet and didn't have an option in midfield so tried to lump it forward in behind their defence was frightening.

Not sure that is tactics, as you suspect, more like nobody in midfield confident or capable enough to take the ball in a tight position. The midfield is also slow and not great defensively so it they do give it away most times the defence will be on their own to cope with it. Heck seems to know exactly how he wants to play I never got that feeling with Lennon except he wanted to attack. The problem at the moment is that Heck has a team full of small, slow midfielder who are decent on the ball but are not great off it. Heck will surely give us some more drive, battle and energy in the middle of the park as it was obvious at the start of the season we would need that once SJM and Dylan left.

madhatter
13-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Not sure that is tactics, as you suspect, more like nobody in midfield confident or capable enough to take the ball in a tight position. The midfield is also slow and not great defensively so it they do give it away most times the defence will be on their own to cope with it. Heck seems to know exactly how he wants to play I never got that feeling with Lennon except he wanted to attack. The problem at the moment is that Heck has a team full of small, slow midfielder who are decent on the ball but are not great off it. Heck will surely give us some more drive, battle and energy in the middle of the park as it was obvious at the start of the season we would need that once SJM and Dylan left.

I still have no idea why we didn't recruit a couple of combative box to box midfielders. It didn't need to be McGeouch or McGinn calibre players. In Mallan and Horgan we have two short players that don't tackle. In Mallan, Slivka and Milligan we have three slow players, only one that tackles with intent. One of the worst squads I've seen in terms of balance. Taking Mallan's long shot goals out, we've played this season without a midfield really. Very little creativity and almost zero bite.

I think the club will look for more planned recruitment in the summer and we will see more wingers next season. So far I can't imagine Hecky enjoys a diamond in midfield.

jacomo
13-03-2019, 11:10 AM
I still have no idea why we didn't recruit a couple of combative box to box midfielders. It didn't need to be McGeouch or McGinn calibre players. In Mallan and Horgan we have two short players that don't tackle. In Mallan, Slivka and Milligan we have three slow players, only one that tackles with intent. One of the worst squads I've seen in terms of balance. Taking Mallan's long shot goals out, we've played this season without a midfield really. Very little creativity and almost zero bite.

I think the club will look for more planned recruitment in the summer and we will see more wingers next season. So far I can't imagine Hecky enjoys a diamond in midfield.

Was hoping Bigirama might be the answer but he’s barely had a chance yet.

Failure to replace McGinn was the biggest failing from last summer - his touch wasn’t always bang on but he never, ever hid and always wanted the ball.

Diclonius
13-03-2019, 12:29 PM

The latest one was "SPFL managers ranked by win percentage" which was the wrong way round (i.e. the lowest win % was "first") and included cup games. A joke.

Keith_M
13-03-2019, 12:52 PM
I saw that and thought it was fair enough, considering most of us have been criticizing Hibs' use of the long punt up the park, especially during the latter part of Lennon's tenure.

matty_f
13-03-2019, 01:21 PM
I saw that and thought it was fair enough, considering most of us have been criticizing Hibs' use of the long punt up the park, especially during the latter part of Lennon's tenure.

:agree: Our play was dreadful at times towards the end of Lennon's time.

I wonder what the short pass stats are.

judas
13-03-2019, 06:29 PM

Agreed. A farcical rag that should be given out free at the Early Learning Centre.