PDA

View Full Version : Players booked for celebrating

Monts
12-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Going off on a slight tangent from the other thread discussing whether Morelos or Candias should've been booked after their goal in Friday...

Has there ever been a case whether a player has been booked for their celebration even though they weren't the player that scored? Or is it only ever the scorer?

Future17
12-03-2019, 10:54 AM
Candeias got a second yellow v St Mirren for his celebrations to Ferdinand after Morelos scored.

calumhibee1
12-03-2019, 11:31 AM
Candeias got a second yellow v St Mirren for his celebrations to Ferdinand after Morelos scored.

Was that the one that was rescinded?

leith_hibs
12-03-2019, 11:36 AM
Going off on a slight tangent from the other thread discussing whether Morelos or Candias should've been booked after their goal in Friday...

Has there ever been a case whether a player has been booked for their celebration even though they weren't the player that scored? Or is it only ever the scorer?

No they shouldn’t as there was no rude gestures, no incitement etc.

Speedy
12-03-2019, 12:23 PM
https://youtu.be/q-xeeWnoCVs

This is the sort of example I was thinking off when I mentioned it. Grealish booked but nobody else was

Caversham Green
12-03-2019, 12:45 PM
I mentioned in another thread that Reading's manager was shown a yellow card for celebrating a very late winner on Saturday. The scorer (Meite) was also booked for taking off (and losing) his shirt.

dp00
14-03-2019, 11:42 PM
The booker for celebrating is the worst rule ever. As long as it’s with your own fans , doesn’t cause fans to come on the park and and it’s nothing rude then just get on with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
15-03-2019, 12:02 PM
The booker for celebrating is the worst rule ever. As long as it’s with your own fans , doesn’t cause fans to come on the park and and it’s nothing rude then just get on with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could "cause a riot"... at least there's reason whether we find it legit or not.

Automatic booking for removing your shirt is the one I don't understand.

Aim Here
15-03-2019, 02:18 PM
Could "cause a riot"... at least there's reason whether we find it legit or not.

Automatic booking for removing your shirt is the one I don't understand.

That's surely obvious. Shirts these days are liberally festooned with sponsorship logos. If a football player was to remove one then it's possible that thousands - or even millions - of home and television spectators would be exposed to a few seconds of potential advertising space which doesn't contain an entreatment to buy some consumer product or other, further exacerbated by the fact that one or more corporations had actually paid for their messages to be displayed. This is clearly an unacceptable violation of the basic tenets of Western Civilization and cannot go unpunished. If I was FIFA, I'd upgrade it to an automatic red card and a public flogging.