PDA

View Full Version : Daily record

houstonhibbee
12-03-2019, 05:35 AM
You know who at it again. Suggesting parts of Easter road should be shut down to make an example of hibs and Petrie “ makes a habit of mistaking hooliganism for exuberance”.........

Hibby70
12-03-2019, 05:46 AM
I suggest the part of the ground that is closed is the seat allocated to this rag.

Sir David Gray
12-03-2019, 05:50 AM
Their "journalists" should have been banned from Easter Road after their lies from the cup final were published and never retracted. That they're still welcome at our stadium is extremely disappointing.

MacGruber
12-03-2019, 05:51 AM
Quite right. Nothing is ever thrown at Ibrox. Nobody comes onto the field at Tynecastle

We do need to do something though - across the game

JimBHibees
12-03-2019, 05:53 AM
Basically a Rangers fanzine as proven when traynor and whyte were running articles past each other to check they were ok, then traynor turns up working for who. Jackson has as far as I know never carried out his threat to collins who accused him of working for the club wonder why. Succulent lamb back on the menu big time if it was ever off in the first place.

green day
12-03-2019, 06:20 AM
I don't know anyone who reads the DR either as a paper or online.

If you look at the DR sport Twitter feed almost 100% of stories are about Rangers and Celtic.

It is a Glasgow paper, with a (relatively) small readership of Celtic and Rangers fans.

If it was the BBC putting this stuff out, I would say it was worth bothering about, but the DR? Nah.

The Spaceman
12-03-2019, 06:26 AM
And if there was ever a time to ban that absolute rag from our club, it's now.

we are hibs
12-03-2019, 06:29 AM
And if there was ever a time to ban that absolute rag from our club, it's now.

If there was ever a time it was after the cup final.

theonlywayisup
12-03-2019, 06:30 AM
#banthedailyrecord

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-03-2019, 06:35 AM
Running diversion because Celtc dropped points at the weekend and The Rangers are not able to take advantage.

Since452
12-03-2019, 06:36 AM
They must be really hurting that despite not being anywhere near our best they still couldn't beat us. #prayforkeithjackson

RoYO!
12-03-2019, 06:38 AM
And yet there will be hibs fans that buy the paper and click on DR links.

Peevemor
12-03-2019, 06:38 AM
They're still miffed that they couldn't get anything out of ER at the time of the Lennon suspension/mutual agreement saga.

Since90+2
12-03-2019, 06:40 AM
Get them banned. Disgrace that the club allow them to continually tun down our club.

Frazerbob
12-03-2019, 06:40 AM
They're still miffed that they couldn't get anything out of ER at the time of the Lennon suspension/mutual agreement saga.

They should’ve read here, plenty seem to think they know what happened!

Father Ted
12-03-2019, 06:43 AM
Get them banned. Disgrace that the club allow them to continually tun down our club.

Time we stood up to this shower of 💩 they have only ever printed garbage about our club. Stand up to them and call them out

CraigHibee
12-03-2019, 06:44 AM
Running diversion because Celtc dropped points at the weekend and The Rangers are not able to take advantage.

:agree: yep, they don't like that so need to take their frustrations out elsewhere

Kojock
12-03-2019, 06:48 AM
The Daily Record should be on the same shelf as the Beano and The Dandy.

Baader
12-03-2019, 06:50 AM
Ban this rag.

Bristolhibby
12-03-2019, 07:05 AM
Are we Hearts or the Huns?

We don’t ban papers. It will make us look as paranoid as them.

Just ignore them, as has been said, don’t buy the paper, don’t click on the links. It’s an Old firm paper. There is never going to be any fair reporting, not when it comes to selling the paper to their target market - OF Supporters.

J

Jones28
12-03-2019, 07:10 AM
The Daily Record should be on the same shelf as the Beano and The Dandy.

That would be unfair on such fine comics.

CraigHibee
12-03-2019, 07:13 AM
Are we Hearts or the Huns?

We don’t ban papers. It will make us look as paranoid as them.

Just ignore them, as has been said, don’t buy the paper, don’t click on the links. It’s an Old firm paper. There is never going to be any fair reporting, not when it comes to selling the paper to their target market - OF Supporters.

J

we should have banned it after the ***** they spouted after the cup final bull****, how every rangers player was "assaulted"

The Harp Awakes
12-03-2019, 07:26 AM
Ban this rag.

I agree. Just don't let their reporters in the stadium. They've been spouting this biased p1sh for as long as I can remember.

Keith_M
12-03-2019, 07:47 AM
Fans of both Celtc and The Rangers claim that 'newspaper' is biased against them.

This despite having to go through 8-10 pages in the print edition before you find articles about anybody else.

The 90+2
12-03-2019, 07:59 AM
Meanwhile:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/rangers-fan-appears-make-monkey-10321273.amp

Forza Fred
12-03-2019, 08:10 AM
we should have banned it after the ***** they spouted after the cup final bull****, how every rangers player was "assaulted"

If we banned every paper that ran a negative story against us over the years, we’d never get any publicity.

Counter their arguments with facts by all means, but let’s not fall into a trap that will backfire on us.

green&left
12-03-2019, 08:17 AM
Time we stood up to this shower of 💩 they have only ever printed garbage about our club. Stand up to them and call them out

Stand upto them? If it's anything like the last time Dempster/the board will invite them for another behind the scenes exclusive.

The 90+2
12-03-2019, 08:26 AM
If we banned every paper that ran a negative story against us over the years, we’d never get any publicity.

Counter their arguments with facts by all means, but let’s not fall into a trap that will backfire on us.

The record for their lies and agenda should banned.

Did they call for Ibrox to be shut down after the match I linked?

scooby
12-03-2019, 08:33 AM
Haven't bought a newspaper for over 20 years, they are riddled with lies and fake news. Open your eyes and free your mind.

Carheenlea
12-03-2019, 08:55 AM
To ban newspapers just suggests that they have more relevance and influence than they really do in 2019. Ignoring them is the best thing to do, just like millions in the country have done so in the last 5-6 years or so as circulation continues on a downward spiral and the culture and habit of buying newspapers gradually dies out.

Besties Debut
12-03-2019, 09:54 AM

If you look at the DR sport Twitter feed almost 100% of stories are about Rangers and Celtic.

It is a Glasgow paper, with a (relatively) small readership of Celtic and Rangers fans.

If it was the BBC putting this stuff out, I would say it was worth bothering about, but the DR? Nah. It's by far the most popular paper in Scotland selling around 140,000 copies every day.

Smartie
12-03-2019, 09:56 AM
It's by far the most popular paper in Scotland selling around 140,000 copies every day.

People sometimes forget that the West of Scotland isn't evolving and changing like the rest of the world is.

TAHibby
12-03-2019, 10:13 AM
If anyone needs a reminder

silverhibee
12-03-2019, 10:17 AM
You know who at it again. Suggesting parts of Easter road should be shut down to make an example of hibs and Petrie “ makes a habit of mistaking hooliganism for exuberance”.........

Could you do a copy & paste job so we ain't giving these c***s any time.

Rumble de Thump
12-03-2019, 10:45 AM
The Beano is a quality publication and should not be associated with this drivel.

GreenT
12-03-2019, 11:59 AM

If it was the BBC putting this stuff out, I would say it was worth bothering about, but the DR? Nah.

Listen to this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0737kt7 from 35mins., and previous podcasts and you will see BBC is almost as bad as the rubbish being quoted from DR. Tom English and Willie Millar among others condemning our lack of CCTV among other things. Total blinkered one sided "journalism" and I use that word advisedly.

Captain Trips
12-03-2019, 12:03 PM
The DR chip paper.

HFC93
12-03-2019, 12:06 PM
Listen to this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0737kt7 from 35mins., and previous podcasts and you will see BBC is almost as bad as the rubbish being quoted from DR. Tom English and Willie Millar among others condemning our lack of CCTV among other things. Total blinkered one sided "journalism" and I use that word advisedly.

I’ve come to the conclusion that Tom English and Willie Miller clearly dislike Hibs. They both do my nut in, always getting in digs at us. During the recent Lennon saga Mikey Stewart, Tam McManus and Packie Bonner where the only pundits/journos on Sportsound that offered any sort balance when it came to Hibs.