PDA

View Full Version : Sainsbury's Car Park

H113EE5
11-03-2019, 09:50 PM
Sorry to bother you.... I'm taking my two grandsons to the Hibs Kids game on Saturday, sitting in the south stand. I was hoping to park in the Meadowbank shopping centre. Is the path open between Sainsburys and Albion Road? Now just got to buy a barrow load of sweets to keep them happy and take the iPad to keep them entertained :greengrin:greengrin

Thank you

green day
11-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Sorry to bother you.... I'm taking my two grandsons to the Hibs Kids game on Saturday, sitting in the south stand. I was hoping to park in the Meadowbank shopping centre. Is the path open between Sainsburys and Albion Road? Now just got to buy a barrow load of sweets to keep them happy and take the iPad to keep them entertained :greengrin:greengrin

Thank you

Yes, its open permanently.

The Harp
11-03-2019, 10:03 PM
Great shortcut.
Hope your grandsons enjoy the game.

007 Mickey Weir
11-03-2019, 10:04 PM
Really how do you get to it from Sainsbury’s?

The Harp
11-03-2019, 10:20 PM
It's at the side of Sainsbury's - the path comes out at the Lochend Butterfly.

The Harp
11-03-2019, 10:26 PM
It's at the side of Sainsbury's - the path comes out at the Lochend Butterfly.

Sorry, the path comes out at Lawrie Reilly Place. Just minutes away from the stadium.

H113EE5
11-03-2019, 11:05 PM
Perfect, thank you for the prompt relies. 10 outa 10 to the Hibs.net community. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jim

Famous Fiver
12-03-2019, 06:32 AM
Is there a time limit to parking in Sainsbury's Car Park?

Danderhall Hibs
12-03-2019, 06:59 AM
Is there a time limit to parking in Sainsbury's Car Park?

It’s 3 or 4 hours I think - plenty time to cover the match.

wookie70
12-03-2019, 07:39 AM
No problem for the smaller games but the Police sometimes stop you going through for the bigger ones. No way of telling if they will stop you and they might let you through if it isn't obvious you are going to the game.

green day
12-03-2019, 07:55 AM
No problem for the smaller games but the Police sometimes stop you going through for the bigger ones. No way of telling if they will stop you and they might let you through if it isn't obvious you are going to the game.

I have never seen this happen, and use that path every game.

Jumbo
12-03-2019, 12:11 PM
I have never seen this happen, and use that path every game.

Happened at Hearts match, but only seemed to be large groups they were stopping

green day
12-03-2019, 12:27 PM
Happened at Hearts match, but only seemed to be large groups they were stopping

Oh, ok - I was on the other side of the world and watching on a hooky stream :aok:

Thats weird, as they didnt do it for the Celtc / Huns matches

BegbieHSC
12-03-2019, 01:18 PM
It’s 3 or 4 hours I think - plenty time to cover the match.

If you get a ticket, you don’t need to pay anyway.

Private company tickets are unenforcable in Scotland, as long as you don’t acknowledge them. I’ve got several dating back 5 years, and as long as you don’t acknowledge the letters you’re fine.

Diclonius
12-03-2019, 01:23 PM
Where do people normally park for the game if driving in? I've never actually used Sainsbury's before - generally use Royal Terrace on the few occasions I drive in. I usually get the tram from Ingliston as don't find getting in/out worth the hassle.

Keith_M
12-03-2019, 01:32 PM
Where do people normally park for the game if driving in? I've never actually used Sainsbury's before - generally use Royal Terrace on the few occasions I drive in. I usually get the tram from Ingliston as don't find getting in/out worth the hassle.

I normally leave past Meadowbank Shopping Centre and get the bus into town from London Road, just opposite Meadowbank Church. I've been to ER on quite a few occasions with the car but have been stuck in traffic too often, so don't bother with that any more.

If you do go that way, and are heading into town, I'd recommend getting one of the East Coast services (the green LRT buses), as they go a shortcut via Regent Terrace and you can be in Princes St in just a few minutes.

.Sean.
12-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Where actually is the path about?

JimBHibees
12-03-2019, 04:11 PM
To the rightt hand side as you face sainsburys at Meadowbank retail park goes over railway line to back of south

Besties Debut
12-03-2019, 04:52 PM

Private company tickets are unenforcable in Scotland, as long as you don’t acknowledge them. I’ve got several dating back 5 years, and as long as you don’t acknowledge the letters you’re fine. Is that true? I got a ticket from a private company after parking on land belonging to Edinburgh Uni. I ignored several reminders until I got a letter from a firm of solicitors treating to take me to a small claims court

Just Alf
12-03-2019, 06:03 PM
Is that true? I got a ticket from a private company after parking on land belonging to Edinburgh Uni. I ignored several reminders until I got a letter from a firm of solicitors treating to take me to a small claims courtIt's true and it isnt :-)

You can't be forced to pay a private parking ticket.

You can however be forced to pay 'damages' or similar. The absolute key point is that they need to show you've deprived someone/impacting a business. If there's still free spaces then they've not a leg to stand on, if the car park is full then you could be goosed.

The Uni is always oversubscribed so they're able to show the proof quite easily :-(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

linlithgowhibbie
12-03-2019, 06:14 PM

How much is a tram return from Ingliston to the Queen St terminus?

Saturday Boy
12-03-2019, 06:19 PM
I tried the Ingliston P&R once after seeing it on here.

Never again though.

The walk back to York Place was a pain in the proverbial, but not as bad as the drive from Ingliston to Musselburgh......... 🤪

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2019, 06:34 PM

Not telling you, been parking in same place for years very close to ground. Don’t want everyone knowing 👍

HibbyAndy
12-03-2019, 06:37 PM
I park in Rossi place

wookie70
12-03-2019, 06:39 PM
I have never seen this happen, and use that path every game. They stopped me and the three kids I was taking to the last Derby before the game.

Keith_M
12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Where actually is the path about?

Here's the route on Google Maps (https://www.google.com/maps/dir/55.960956,-3.16605/55.9570161,-3.1647196/@55.9575356,-3.1644514,17z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e2), Sean.

Danderhall Hibs
12-03-2019, 08:12 PM
It's true and it isnt :-)

You can't be forced to pay a private parking ticket.

You can however be forced to pay 'damages' or similar. The absolute key point is that they need to show you've deprived someone/impacting a business. If there's still free spaces then they've not a leg to stand on, if the car park is full then you could be goosed.

The Uni is always oversubscribed so they're able to show the proof quite easily :-(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In Scotland they can only push for payment if you admit who the driver was. Being the owner of the car doesn’t make you liable. So if you ignore the letters you’ll be fine - thing is they get fairly threatening so most folk give in and pay.

J-C
13-03-2019, 09:53 AM
Ta for all the info too, I usually park in Lochend Rd near the Loch Inn (Edin City) but now I'm back doing saturday nights again, Sainsburys car park would be better for me to get home to Duddingston quicker after the game. :thumbsup:

Diclonius
13-03-2019, 09:57 AM
How much is a tram return from Ingliston to the Queen St terminus?

£3.30 I think. I'd rather pay that and add a bit of time to the journey than complete the gauntlet through the city.

I tried the Ingliston P&R once after seeing it on here.

Never again though.

The walk back to York Place was a pain in the proverbial, but not as bad as the drive from Ingliston to Musselburgh......... 🤪

Fair enough, I'm coming from the west so makes more sense for me. I like the walk! :greengrin

Leith's finest
13-03-2019, 12:53 PM

Private company tickets are unenforcable in Scotland, as long as you don’t acknowledge them. I’ve got several dating back 5 years, and as long as you don’t acknowledge the letters you’re fine.
Same here, letters offering fines between £30 and£120 fines, threats with debt collectors and how it affects your credit rating, just bin letters, they come for about 1 year

Keith_M
13-03-2019, 12:56 PM
Ta for all the info too, I usually park in Lochend Rd near the Loch Inn (Edin City) but now I'm back doing saturday nights again, Sainsburys car park would be better for me to get home to Duddingston quicker after the game. :thumbsup:

Just a word of warning, J-C. The Car Park is now very well known among our support, so spaces can be hard to come by on match days, and the time taken to exit is a lot longer than it used to be.

patch1875
13-03-2019, 01:17 PM
What about the poor old biddys that can’t get a space to go shopping?

matty_f
13-03-2019, 01:22 PM

They can just park and pop along to the game instead. Better than shopping anyway, hopefully.

J-C
13-03-2019, 01:45 PM
Just a word of warning, J-C. The Car Park is now very well known among our support, so spaces can be hard to come by on match days, and the time taken to exit is a lot longer than it used to be.

:aok:

Danderhall Hibs
13-03-2019, 03:50 PM

They can go during the week when everyone else is at work.

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2019, 04:04 PM

Just leave the old biddy spaces free and park in the parent and child ones.

hibee
13-03-2019, 05:43 PM

I just park on London Road outside Meadowbank Stadium (or what’s left of it) and walk through Lochend Park now, slightly longer walk but no queuing in the car to get away from the stadium and generally home in half the time it took when parking at Lochend.

J-C
13-03-2019, 10:05 PM
I just park on London Road outside Meadowbank Stadium (or what’s left of it) and walk through Lochend Park now, slightly longer walk but no queuing in the car to get away from the stadium and generally home in half the time it took when parking at Lochend.

:thumbsup:

jakedance
14-03-2019, 11:03 AM

Very true. I recommend that no one parks there anymore. ;)

BullsCloseHibs
14-03-2019, 11:12 AM

Thank you

I usually park here too. Just watch you don't (somehow) go over 4 hours stay as they can ticket you (although the fines don't stand in Scotland :agree:) there is a sign up in the car park as you drive in. I wouldn't worry though. Never had any hassle in this car park whatsoever. Very handy for the Holy Ground:greengrin

BullsCloseHibs
14-03-2019, 11:13 AM

all the auld biddys are smoking and playing bingo (cough cough)

hibbysam
14-03-2019, 08:39 PM
They stopped me and the three kids I was taking to the last Derby before the game.

They can’t stop you from walking along a path to the football. Especially so as you don’t need to go anywhere near the away end once your over the bridge.

Golden Bear
14-03-2019, 08:48 PM
They can’t stop you from walking along a path to the football. Especially so as you don’t need to go anywhere near the away end once your over the bridge.

Best tell the police that then. We got stopped on the same day and ended up going via the Loch.

Keith_M
14-03-2019, 08:52 PM

They stop people from going certain routes after the game, so I don't see why not.

hibbysam
14-03-2019, 09:35 PM
They stop people from going certain routes after the game, so I don't see why not.

To stop you mingling with away fans after the game. You don’t need to go anywhere near away fans before games going this route, I also used the bridge that day the same as every other week without any issues.

brythehibby
14-03-2019, 09:43 PM
Been parking here for the last 3 seasons or so and using the path. Great little shortcut. As folk say the car park can be busier getting out but not a huge amount of time. Only time it’s been shut is the derby game at xmas for some reason.