PDA

View Full Version : The Pitch!

Real Emerald
11-03-2019, 12:04 AM
I didn’t really notice it from my seat in the East but watching the highlights on TV it’s in a shocking state. It’s been a relatively good winter and even Motherwell’s pitch looks fantastic. How can it be that bad?

Hibeesmad
11-03-2019, 12:50 AM
If you think the pitch at ER is poor, check the state of the pitch in the game between NYC and DC, absolutely horrendous.

Haymaker
11-03-2019, 02:48 AM
If you think the pitch at ER is poor, check the state of the pitch in the game between NYC and DC, absolutely horrendous.

To be fair it's been a ****ty winter round here!

bigwheel
11-03-2019, 06:10 AM
I didn’t really notice it from my seat in the East but watching the highlights on TV it’s in a shocking state. It’s been a relatively good winter and even Motherwell’s pitch looks fantastic. How can it be that bad?

I agree. We have a problem with our pitch..st Johnstone pitch looked like a bowling green recently..ours looks terrible

Peevemor
11-03-2019, 06:40 AM
Is it not just a case of our stands being much higher than at the other grounds mentioned, meaning far less of the (low) winter sun reaching the pitch?

Forza Fred
11-03-2019, 06:48 AM
It’s not just recently though....the overhead shots on Hibs TV showed it as patchy...months ago.

we are hibs
11-03-2019, 06:51 AM
It looks poor but is it actually affecting the ball? Seems to be rolling normally on it without any difference and no one seems to be slipping on it.

bigwheel
11-03-2019, 06:54 AM
It looks poor but is it actually affecting the ball? Seems to be rolling normally on it without any difference and no one seems to be slipping on it.

Think that’s true. However both recent games have had rain which has helped the pitch. If dry there would be lots of bumps in that pitch

hibsbollah
11-03-2019, 06:56 AM
Get Tam back on it.

Golden Bear
11-03-2019, 07:19 AM
I watched the Celtic Cup Tie on TV and it did look threadbare but I was there on Friday and from the West Stand, it didn't look too bad and was still good enough to play decent football.

In any case it should improve from now on with increased daylight hours and warmer temperatures.

MWHIBBIES
11-03-2019, 07:35 AM
Its not in a shocking state at all. Its not brilliant but I imagine with Europe and only home cup draws we've played more than most at home.