PDA

View Full Version : West Brom job

ekhibee
10-03-2019, 08:29 PM
Apologies, I know this isn't really Hibs related, but I see Appleton is second favourite (6/1) with BetVictor for the West Brom gig. McInnes is 12/1.

Onceinawhile
10-03-2019, 08:30 PM
How funny would it be if Lennon got it.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2019, 08:59 PM
Why did they sack their last manager? Comfortably in the play off places

H18 SFR
10-03-2019, 09:04 PM
They're on a Lennon'esque run of no wins.

Lancs Harp
10-03-2019, 09:04 PM
We dodged a bullet with Appleton believe me. Im sure he has his fan club at Oxford but not much credit with Blackpool and Blackburn fans. Great if you like playing for draws and hanging on. Will the Heck be a success? I dont know but I'm pretty sure Appleton wouldnt have been and has history for walking when things don't suit him. He wouldnt have lasted a year at Easter Road.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-03-2019, 10:00 PM
Got the feeling that Appleton was coming with the baggage that we would be lucky to have him. But if he has put his name in the shop window again then good luck to him. Happy with Hecky as a Hibby.

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 10:02 PM
We dodged a bullet with Appleton believe me. Im sure he has his fan club at Oxford but not much credit with Blackpool and Blackburn fans. Great if you like playing for draws and hanging on. Will the Heck be a success? I dont know but I'm pretty sure Appleton wouldnt have been and has history for walking when things don't suit him. He wouldnt have lasted a year at Easter Road.

Phew that is great news so glad we dodged that bullet.:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:rolleyes:

Lancs Harp
10-03-2019, 10:11 PM
Phew that is great news so glad we dodged that bullet.:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:rolleyes:

Glad to hear it mate but it is at least an opinion based on experience rather than speculation.

10-03-2019, 11:00 PM

Particularly if it's correct that he wanted 12 months severance pay instead of 4.

After all the hoo ha with Lennon's departure I am very happy with how it all turned out. Pleased to have Heckingbottom at the helm.

With the Stokes/Portugal situation last year, that's 2 years in a row I've thought our season's gone tits up in January. Last season ended up okay and I think this season will too.

Besties Debut
10-03-2019, 11:07 PM
We dodged a bullet with Appleton believe me. Im sure he has his fan club at Oxford but not much credit with Blackpool and Blackburn fans. Great if you like playing for draws and hanging on. Will the Heck be a success? I dont know but I'm pretty sure Appleton wouldnt have been and has history for walking when things don't suit him. He wouldnt have lasted a year at Easter Road. Hecky doesn’t have much credit with Leeds fans. In fact some of them describe him as there worst ever manager .

Lancs Harp
10-03-2019, 11:24 PM
Hecky doesn’t have much credit with Leeds fans. In fact some of them describe him as there worst ever manager .

True but Leeds have been a basket case of a club and as I said will the Heck be a success at Hibs? I wouldnt like to say to be honest, but Im pretty sure Appleton wouldnt have been.