PDA

View Full Version : NHC Birmingham fan attacks Jack Grealish

Pages : [1] 2

1van Sprou7e
10-03-2019, 11:17 AM
https://streamable.com/4451g

hibsbollah
10-03-2019, 11:19 AM
Wow you dont see many as bad as that. Thats a proper whack. Shocking.
Grealish is a big Villa fan from boyhood, probably targeted for that reason.

calumhibee1
10-03-2019, 11:20 AM
That’s atrocious. Let’s see if it gets the negative attention our fan (quite rightly I must add) got considering our fan kicked the ball away, was pushed by the player first and then pushed him back and that was the end of it.

jonty
Commentator is spot on. that's a disgrace.
What makes fans think they can do this?

Fife-Hibee
Now that's assault.

emerald green
10-03-2019, 11:21 AM
https://streamable.com/4451g

Absolutely crazy.

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 11:22 AM
that will be a prison sentence and I would bet that won't be his first offence.

bringbackbenny
Hope Grealish scores a last minute winner. With a SJM assist.

DarlingtonHibee
He will do time for that.

Keith_M
10-03-2019, 11:23 AM
That really is shocking.

Obviously one of those Peaky Blinders Casuals.

BoomtownHibees
10-03-2019, 11:24 AM
“Make it a 12 o’clock kick off and these things wouldn’t happen”

Sir David Gray
Absolutely despicable behaviour, that's not just a case of invading the pitch he has actually assaulted Grealish. He seemed quite proud of himself as well.

I'm just thankful that the guy wasn't armed with anything or it could have been a lot worse.

CMurdoch
That is unbelievable.
Go directly to jail, do not collect £200.

Should have let the players kick the **** out of him

hibee_girl
10-03-2019, 11:25 AM
That's shocking, just imagine he had a knife on him.

Absolute disgrace

Fife-Hibee
10-03-2019, 11:26 AM
I'm just thankful that the guy wasn't armed with anything or it could have been a lot worse.

Indeed. There could have quite easily have been a knife in that hand and nobody could have done anything.

Kojock
He can think himself lucky the steward grabbed him as the Villa players were going to knock his lights out.

hibee
Hope Grealish scores a last minute winner. With a SJM assist.

He’s not playing!

hibsbollah
10-03-2019, 11:28 AM
He’s not playing!

on the bench.

bringbackbenny
10-03-2019, 11:30 AM
on the bench.

and off the bench for the assist!

emerald green
10-03-2019, 11:31 AM
How do the "authorities" stop the actions of these mindless thugs? Might be the government will have to step in and clubs will be punished by having their grounds closed for various periods of time? Or fences may have to be re-introduced?

I know that this won't be popular with everyone, but stuff like this has to be stamped out right now before it gets any worse. Players may take action themselves and refuse to play in certain fixtures.

1van Sprou7e
10-03-2019, 11:31 AM
Why is h on the bench? Assume his form has dropped a bit?

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 11:33 AM
Indeed. There could have quite easily have been a knife in that hand and nobody could have done anything.

It is absolutely despicable but to say he could have had a knife is a stretch. You could be stabbed absolutely anywhere the supermarket or the bus stop but statistically you are very very unlikely to be stabbed. At a football match it is most likely to be a bam off his nut on drink or and drugs and wants to play the hard for his "mates"

calumhibee1
10-03-2019, 11:33 AM

Villa had a great win recently and SJM was either suspended or injured. Presume they’re just sticking with the same team.

hibsbollah
10-03-2019, 11:34 AM

hes just finished a two game suspension so will be a bit rusty. Still one of their best players this season and in running for POTY.

thegaffer12
10-03-2019, 11:34 AM

Been injured

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 11:36 AM
How do the "authorities" stop the actions of these mindless thugs? Might be the government will have to step in and clubs will be punished by having their grounds closed for various periods of time? Or fences may have to be re-introduced?

I know that this won't be popular with everyone, but stuff like this has to be stamped out right now before it gets any worse. Players may take action themselves and refuse to play in certain fixtures.

The simply answer is authorities can't and won't stop someone who is determined to do that. Society needs to change.

emerald green
10-03-2019, 11:39 AM
The simply answer is authorities can't and won't stop someone who is determined to do that. Society needs to change.

There is no simple answer to stuff like this. I should have said "try to prevent" rather than "stop" in my previous post.

hibsbollah
10-03-2019, 11:40 AM
IIRC they are already due some sort of points deduction for financial mismanagement of some kind.
But the authorities need to grow some balls and either deduct points or close a stand for a few games. Otherwise theres no real deterrent.

hibby rae
10-03-2019, 11:42 AM
It is absolutely despicable but to say he could have had a knife is a stretch. You could be stabbed absolutely anywhere the supermarket or the bus stop but statistically you are very very unlikely to be stabbed. At a football match it is most likely to be a bam off his nut on drink or and drugs and wants to play the hard for his "mates"

That's true but it is possible. Remember the tennis player stabbed during a match? I forget her name.

Sir David Gray
10-03-2019, 11:43 AM

Why's it a stretch to say he could have had a knife?

If you're the type of person to come onto the pitch and confront a player then you're obviously a bit unhinged in the first place. With the knife culture that seems to be on the increase in England, added with it being a local derby football match and no doubt copious amounts of alcohol I don't think it's outwith the realms of possibility that these sorts of people could be carrying a weapon of some sort.

hibby rae
10-03-2019, 11:43 AM
IIRC they are already due some sort of points deduction for financial mismanagement of some kind.
But the authorities need to grow some balls and either deduct points or close a stand for a few games. Otherwise theres no real deterrent.

Especially as the guy didn't appear to be vey repentent. Blowing kisses afterwards to the crowd I hear.

HoboHarry
10-03-2019, 11:47 AM
That's true but it is possible. Remember the tennis player stabbed during a match? I forget her name.
Monica Seles...

Sir David Gray
10-03-2019, 11:48 AM

It was Monica Seles.

Waxy
10-03-2019, 11:59 AM
Time to put big fences up.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2019, 12:00 PM
Just saw it, unbelievable, and he didn’t look a wee kid either

bigwheel
10-03-2019, 12:01 PM

No. Time for people to act more responsibly....big fines and jail terms should also help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just Jimmy
10-03-2019, 12:01 PM
That's absolutely obscene.

That could have been so much worse as well.

expect Birmingham to get hammered and in addition we'll get hammered now if we weren't already going to be, as they'll want to be seen to acting and let's be honest we're an easy target.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hibby70
10-03-2019, 12:02 PM

No chance of that happening. I would imagine that we could see plastic sheeting being installed over the first few rows though.

HoboHarry
10-03-2019, 12:03 PM

expect Birmingham to get hammered and in addition we'll get hammered now if we weren't already going to be, as they'll want to be seen to acting and let's be honest we're an easy target.

Not sure how we can be hammered if we don't have strict liability in Scotland?

Hibbyradge
10-03-2019, 12:03 PM

He could have had a knife.

That's hardly a stretch. He could have had anything.

Fortunately, he only had a fist.

And fortunately, he didn't connect properly.

Jones28
10-03-2019, 12:06 PM
Mon the Villa

MWHIBBIES
10-03-2019, 12:06 PM
Gets us out of the papers which is good. Disgusting assault.

Newry Hibs
10-03-2019, 12:09 PM
Right now he's probably a big hero in his circle of friends. Whether he thinks that in one, five, twenty years who knows. He'll have a criminal record and likely a target from villa fans.
You would like to think he will regret it, but these days I'm not so sure.

Same goes for the twat on Friday.

Blaster
10-03-2019, 12:10 PM

6 months minimum jail sentence for entering the field of play.

Jones28
10-03-2019, 12:10 PM
What was almost as shocking was the amount of cheering and celebrating among the City fans as it all unfolded.

McD
10-03-2019, 12:13 PM

Monica Seles

edit: beaten to it ��

Hermit Crab
10-03-2019, 12:13 PM
It will be interesting to see what punishment Birmingham get from the EFL compared to what the SPFL do to us.

seanshow
10-03-2019, 12:14 PM
Now that's assault.

10 out of 10 ten for footspeed and contact, shocker!

silverhibee
10-03-2019, 12:16 PM
Do the EFA have strict liability.

Hermit Crab
10-03-2019, 12:19 PM

Behave, makes grounds more dangerous, stone age stuff that.

Sir David Gray
10-03-2019, 12:19 PM

Why do people keep saying we'll be hammered for Friday night? We don't have strict liability in Scotland so I'm not sure what we'll be hammered with.

Hibbyradge
10-03-2019, 12:20 PM
Do the EFA have strict liability.

Yes.

Edit: This is the best info I have found so far. From The Scotsman;

"Versions of strict liability rules are already in place in England, where the FA has fined a number of clubs for the behaviour of their supporters."

Bristolhibby
10-03-2019, 12:23 PM
Just saw it, unbelievable, and he didn’t look a wee kid either

Peaky Blinder cap and a “Zulu” adorned Harrington jacket.

Tw@

J

Viva_Palmeiras
10-03-2019, 12:23 PM
Yes.

Edit: This is the best info I have found so far. From The Scotsman;

"Versions of strict liability rules are already in place in England, where the FA has fined a number of clubs for the behaviour of their supporters."

Probably because they can afford the insurance premiums or fines. Drop in the ocean.

Bristolhibby
10-03-2019, 12:24 PM
Why do people keep saying we'll be hammered for Friday night? We don't have strict liability in Scotland so I'm not sure what we'll be hammered with.

Do we not have to ensure nobody gets on the pitch and steward / police accordingly?

We would have got hammered if it were a Hun on the pitch.

J

Bristolhibby
10-03-2019, 12:25 PM
McGinn on.

Threads a ball through to Graylish a peach. Then has a good chance on the head.

Mon the Villa!

J

Bristolhibby
10-03-2019, 12:28 PM
Graylish scores!!

Hibbyradge
10-03-2019, 12:29 PM
Good.

Just Jimmy
10-03-2019, 12:30 PM
Why do people keep saying we'll be hammered for Friday night? We don't have strict liability in Scotland so I'm not sure what we'll be hammered with.because the FA up here love to pander to what happens in England. In addition there's calls for harsher punishment up here.

Jones28
Hahaha

Tambo
Mcginns been on 5 minutes or so and made a huge impact, glad to see grealish score, could see his emotions there in his celebration.

Hibernia&Alba
I can't recall seeing anything like that since Cantona at Palace all those years ago. What a lunatic; he'll likely do time for that.

Oscar T Grouch
10-03-2019, 12:31 PM
6 months minimum jail sentence for entering the field of play.

But would we have the jail space to cope with the influx every time the huns beat Partick Thistle?:greengrin

Hibby70
Did anyone just see the steward getting taken away by police?

B.H.F.C
Anybody notice the steward having a go at Grealish and subsequently getting huckled by the polis?

Hibbyradge
10-03-2019, 12:32 PM
Anybody notice the steward having a go at Grealish and subsequently getting huckled by the polis?

Really? FFS.

Jones28
10-03-2019, 12:32 PM

I thought I must have been seeing things!

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 12:33 PM
He could have had a knife.

That's hardly a stretch. He could have had anything.

Fortunately, he only had a fist.

And fortunately, he didn't connect properly.

Yip he could have had an apple an orange a gun etc imho it is a stretch to think he would run on to pitch with a knife. If every drunk bam carried a knife we would be in real bother. I am happy to accept other opinions.

J-C
10-03-2019, 12:34 PM
I can maybe see us going back to having wire mesh or similar to stop things being thrown and fans getting on the pitch

H18 SFR
10-03-2019, 12:35 PM
I can maybe see us going back to having wire mesh or similar to stop things being thrown and fans getting on the pitch

The Taylor report legislation doesn't allow for it.

B.H.F.C
10-03-2019, 12:35 PM
I thought I must have been seeing things!

I thought he was getting a bit excited trying to get them out the crowd. Then saw about 3 officers dragging him out at the corner.

Looked like quite an old guy as well!

BurghHibby
10-03-2019, 12:36 PM
Might have been a photographer as the polisman had a monopod and camera in his other hand when leading the guy away.

Bristolhibby
10-03-2019, 12:36 PM

That’s the thing with the Law. It can always be changed.

J

Hibby70
10-03-2019, 12:37 PM
Might have been a photographer as the polisman had a monopod and camera in his other hand when leading the guy away.

Might be right, I did see a camera lens flying through the air

HoboHarry
10-03-2019, 12:38 PM

J
Not this week it won't be......

MyJo
10-03-2019, 12:38 PM
I thought he was getting a bit excited trying to get them out the crowd. Then saw about 3 officers dragging him out at the corner.

Looked like quite an old guy as well!

https://twitter.com/socceram/status/1104736581590675456?s=21

You can see him manhandling Grealish here

Smartie
10-03-2019, 12:40 PM

I think we're going to have to go back to having adequate stewarding and policing and very strict and publicised penalties for going into the field of play acting as a deterrent.

Hibbyradge
Yip he could have had an apple an orange a gun etc imho it is a stretch to think he would run on to pitch with a knife. If every drunk bam carried a knife we would be in real bother. I am happy to accept other opinions.

People have been stabbed during and after football games in the UK.

The perpetrator must have had a knife.

Maybe it's our definition of "a stretch" that's causing the problem.

It's unlikely that he'd have a blade, but the boy's clearly a bam, and he's fashioned himself on the Peaky Blinders, so there's more chance of him having one than you or I. (I hope 😁)

Why was McGinn not starting?

WhileTheChief..
I can't recall seeing anything like that since Cantona at Palace all those years ago. What a lunatic; he'll likely do time for that.

My favourite ever player. Simply amazing.

Phil MaGlass
What was almost as shocking was the amount of cheering and celebrating among the City fans as it all unfolded.

This also happened at the Hibs game one or two fans cheering, maybe they were cheering the polis for lifting the Hibs guy likes???

BurghHibby
10-03-2019, 12:42 PM
https://twitter.com/socceram/status/1104736581590675456?s=21

You can see him manhandling Grealish here
Now I seen it again, defo a steward

Billy Whizz

He’s been suspended, and think Manager didn’t want to change a winning side

blackpoolhibs
You can say what if after every incident that ever happens, i think you just need to look at what did happen and deal with that.

Phil MaGlass
I think we're going to have to go back to having adequate stewarding and policing and very strict and publicised penalties for going into the field of play acting as a deterrent.

I think we have adequate stewarding I am just not so sure we have enough polis, which would undoubtedly lead to higher costs and ST,s. Also you really cant account for one bam.

MyJo
10-03-2019, 12:43 PM

Just served a two match suspension and Villa won those matches so manager stuck with the team that had been performing well.

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 12:45 PM
I wonder what our fans think now about our cup final pitch invasion and subsequent "witch" hunt or is that different? Imho the pitch is for players and officials anyone else on the pitch is just wrong.

The 90+2
10-03-2019, 12:46 PM
I wonder what our fans think now about our cup final pitch invasion and subsequent "which" hunt or is that different? Imho the pitch is for players and officials anyone else on the pitch is just wrong.

Wasn’t it a witch hunt because we won and the Huns couldn’t take it? I didn’t see them coming on the pitch to help their player on Friday - because the where winning.

ScottB
10-03-2019, 12:50 PM
I wonder what our fans think now about our cup final pitch invasion and subsequent "witch" hunt or is that different? Imho the pitch is for players and officials anyone else on the pitch is just wrong.

A pitch invasion at full time isn’t ideal, and certainly not if players are attacked etc but I’d say it’s a bit different from entering the field of play mid game.

I suppose a consequence of all this will be to clamp down on any instance of fans coming on to the pitch, so pitch invasions could be done for.

I can see fencing, mesh or something like that going up as that’s the only way you’re going to prevent it.

MyJo
10-03-2019, 12:53 PM

A pitch invasion by fans celebrating a cup final win after the final whistle has gone is a bit different from people running onto the pitch while a match is being played to attack opposition players.

What was wrong in 2016 was the ones who ran the length of the pitch to get in the rangers fans faces and goad them rather than just celebrating the fact we had won the cup. Again, a small minority of numpties who ruined it for the vast majority of fans who either stayed in the stands or went onto the pitch just to celebrate.

Jones28
10-03-2019, 12:54 PM

I think he two had entirely different motivations though.

Mind you, the small % who went on the pitch and went into the other half probably had different intentions to my own and the vast majority of others.

H18 SFR
10-03-2019, 12:55 PM

J

They won't change it back, why risk another 96?

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 12:59 PM
A pitch invasion by fans celebrating a cup final win after the final whistle has gone is a bit different from people running onto the pitch while a match is being played to attack opposition players.

What was wrong in 2016 was the ones who ran the length of the pitch to get in the rangers fans faces and goad them rather than just celebrating the fact we had won the cup. Again, a small minority of numpties who ruined it for the vast majority of fans who either stayed in the stands or went onto the pitch just to celebrate.

That is point no one should be on the pitch those that went on deprived the players and fans of what would have been a great lap of honour. Just my opinion no doubt others will say "they" had a great time on the pitch and would not change that.

Bishop Hibee
10-03-2019, 12:59 PM

It is different. The vast majority of fans were celebrating one of the biggest moments in the history of the club. No Newco player was assaulted as far as I’m aware.

The 90+2
10-03-2019, 01:02 PM
[/B][/I]

That is point no one should be on the pitch those that went on deprived the players and fans of what would have been a great lap of honour. Just my opinion no doubt others will say "they" had a great time on the pitch and would not change that.

The stewards opened the gates for the supporters. I didn’t go on but it was a once in a lifetime last min cup final winner in a cup nobody there had ever seen us win. Even the “goaders” didn’t go to the huns end and started fighting them. They came onto the pitch for one reason only and it wasn’t to protect their players or shake our hands, they simply couldn’t take it.

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 01:02 PM
It is different. The vast majority of fans were celebrating one of the biggest moments in the history of the club. No Newco player was assaulted as far as I’m aware.

That is correct as far as I know however I have no doubt there are some players who were scared and alarmed. I also have no doubt both Hibs and Rangers were assaulted.

Bristolhibby
10-03-2019, 01:03 PM
They won't change it back, why risk another 96?

Don’t think it would. All seater with ticketed seats. Barcodes to get in. No way that would happen, even with fencing.

Have a steward at each fence gate (No locked gates, missing keys etc).

Anyway it’s all conjecture as I don’t think fences will come back. Reckon more Police will which means less £ for clubs.

J

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 01:04 PM
The stewards opened the gates for the supporters. I didn’t go on but it was a once in a lifetime last min cup final winner in a cup nobody there had ever seen us win. Even the “goaders” didn’t go to the huns end and started fighting them. They came onto the pitch for one reason only and it wasn’t to protect their players or shake our hands, they simply couldn’t take it.

No idea why the opened the gates however my guess is the wanted to prevent a crush and a possible tragic circumstance.

Hermit Crab
10-03-2019, 01:06 PM
The idea that perimeter fences will make a return to football is quite frankly ridiculous. It will not happen.

Baader
These clowns will have us fenced in again. I'd imagine this guy will be looking at jail time for that.

Since90+2
Do they not still have fencing in parts of Europe?

Northernhibee
As well as a prison sentence, the game should be awarded 3-0 to Villa.

You’d get a lot less of that if it was a £10k fine, a prison sentence and turning your entire support against you.

Hermit Crab
10-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Do they not still have fencing in parts of Europe?

Yes they do but games are ticketed and numbers controlled, not like the terraces we had here years ago.

ancient hibee
10-03-2019, 01:08 PM
[/B][/I]

Spot on.I’ve suffered many cup finals where we have picked up losers medals.Would have been nice to see them doing that followed by our lap of honour.

hibee_girl
10-03-2019, 01:18 PM
Villa manager mentions that there was an incident at our game too in his post match interview

Itsnoteasy
10-03-2019, 01:20 PM

10 yellow cards this season, so was suspended. The team weren't playing to well.

Golden Bear
10-03-2019, 01:23 PM
He made the difference when he came on. A MOM performance in fact (plus a booking of course 😁)

Golden Bear
10-03-2019, 01:25 PM
The idea that perimeter fences will make a return to football is quite frankly ridiculous. It will not happen.

Hope not. I have painful memories of a certain game v Celtic, the perimeter fences were a disaster that day.

Sir David Gray
10-03-2019, 01:26 PM
because the FA up here love to pander to what happens in England. In addition there's calls for harsher punishment up here.

Any change in the rules up here would only affect incidents in the future, I'm not sure how they can go back and hand out punishments retrospectively for incidents that happened before the rules changed. If they did that, how far back should they go?

Hibbyradge
10-03-2019, 01:29 PM
As well as a prison sentence, the game should be awarded 3-0 to Villa.

You’d get a lot less of that if it was a £10k fine, a prison sentence and turning your entire support against you.

If the punishment for a fan running on the pitch was a 3-0 win for the opposite team, I'd buy a pair of running shoes and a season ticket at Tynecastle.

Of course, I jest, but there's no way the clubs would open themselves up to the possibility.

Hermit Crab
10-03-2019, 01:29 PM
Hope not. I have painful memories of a certain game v Celtic, the perimeter fences were a disaster that day.

It simply won't happen, they're unsafe and you'd turning a many number of seats into restricted view seats.

Caversham Green
10-03-2019, 01:31 PM
Villa manager mentions that there was an incident at our game too in his post match interview

They said on SSN that the incident 'echoed' what happened at Easter Road on Friday. Our wee attention-seeking knobhead is getting put in the same bracket as this thug assaulting Grealish.

Northernhibee
10-03-2019, 01:32 PM
If the punishment for a fan running on the pitch was a 3-0 win for the opposite team, I'd buy a pair of running shoes and a season ticket at Tynecastle.

Of course, I jest, but there's no way the clubs would open themselves up to the possibility.
Not if you faced jail and a huge fine you wouldn’t.

Hibbyradge
10-03-2019, 01:38 PM
Not if you faced jail and a huge fine you wouldn’t.

Folk do all sorts of things which they know could result in them being jailed.

And that's when they're sober.

The opportunity to gain your team 3 points could be an opportunity that coked up pissheads might find too hard to resist.

I actually agree that sentencing should be more punitive, but I wouldn't want to give radges in the stands that much power.

greenginger
10-03-2019, 01:38 PM

Agree, they could try moats, but they have their problems too. :greengrin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/47508257

Northernhibee
10-03-2019, 01:47 PM
Folk do all sorts of things which they know could result in them being jailed.

And that's when they're sober.

The opportunity to gain your team 3 points could be an opportunity that coked up pissheads might find too hard to resist.

I actually agree that sentencing should be more punitive, but I wouldn't want to give radges in the stands that much power.

I’d also stop getting people are pissed up getting in the stadium and have cocaine trained sniffer dogs randomly at games inside the turnstiles. No new laws required on that front and there’s a difference between a few pints merry and ****ing hammered.

You can’t fully cut it out but about time we made an effort to keep coke and people too ****ed to be in control out.

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 01:48 PM

He was at home you would think He would have known must have been a debut :greengrin

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 01:50 PM
I’d also stop getting people are pissed up getting in the stadium and have cocaine trained sniffer dogs randomly at games inside the turnstiles. No new laws required on that front and there’s a difference between a few pints merry and ****ing hammered.

You can’t fully cut it out but about time we made an effort to keep coke and people too ****ed to be in control out.

Totally agree every time you go to Hampden there are hundreds of drunken bams spoiling the day for others unlucky enough to have got a seat near by.

Killiehibbie
10-03-2019, 01:51 PM

What's the limit for alcohol Scottish or English driving levels?

Hibbyradge
10-03-2019, 01:56 PM
What's the limit for alcohol Scottish or English driving levels?

It equates to about half a pint in Scotland and a pint in England.

Even if the limit was double that, a lot of people would stop going to games.

It's easy enough to spot someone who's had far too much to drink whether that's 4 pints, 6 pints or more.

BoomtownHibees
10-03-2019, 02:06 PM
10/1 for him to score at anytime after that happened. Cheers Skybet 💷

Speedway
10-03-2019, 02:06 PM
Perimeter fencing used to be the answer but Hillsborough ended that.

I’d be in favour of an immediate execution via gunshot. I think that could be a deterrent.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2019, 02:09 PM
A guy with 3 kids allegedly was the attacker. Thought it was only a young lad too

Hibbyradge
10-03-2019, 02:12 PM
Perimeter fencing used to be the answer but Hillsborough ended that.

I’d be in favour of an immediate execution via gunshot. I

Euthanasia, by any means, is illegal in this country.

HoboHarry
10-03-2019, 02:18 PM
Send him over here - we have the stand your ground laws :greengrin

Speedway
10-03-2019, 02:25 PM

Then change the law to allow for an exception in this case.

Hibbyradge
10-03-2019, 02:25 PM
Send him over here - we have the stand your ground laws :greengrin

I thought Speedway was looking for a way out :wink:

Just Jimmy
10-03-2019, 02:30 PM
What's the limit for alcohol Scottish or English driving levels?England

35mg in breath per 100ml
80 mg in blood per 100 ml
107 mg in urine per 100 ml.

I had to look Scotland up as I don't work or live there but

22mg per 100ml breath
50 mg per 100 ml blood
67 mg per 100ml urine

Just Jimmy
10-03-2019, 02:34 PM
Any change in the rules up here would only affect incidents in the future, I'm not sure how they can go back and hand out punishments retrospectively for incidents that happened before the rules changed. If they did that, how far back should they go?I'm not saying they should.

I'm saying I don't think that any of that will matter as they get a chance to make a point.

precident has never stopped them before. they've let rangers players appeal yellow cards when no one else has. they've punished hearts differently from other clubs for similar or same offences. they'll also love the chance to get one up hibs and be seen to make a stand without hammering one of the old firm.

cynical? you bet

Sir David Gray
10-03-2019, 02:50 PM
I'm not saying they should.

I'm saying I don't think that any of that will matter as they get a chance to make a point.

precident has never stopped them before. they've let rangers players appeal yellow cards when no one else has. they've punished hearts differently from other clubs for similar or same offences. they'll also love the chance to get one up hibs and be seen to make a stand without hammering one of the old firm.

cynical? you bet

Rangers appealed the second yellow card shown to Candeias against St Mirren under the grounds of mistaken identity which is entirely within the rules. Rangers were trying to make a point due to how soft his yellow card was but the official reason for their appeal was totally valid and there's nothing to stop any club in the country appealing a booking for the same reason.

Their appeal was rejected.

The punishment given out to Hearts was for fielding an ineligible player which carries with it a range of different punishments. It is against the SFA/SPFL rules to field a player who isn't eligible to play in that match.

Both of those examples are entirely different to fan behaviour.

There is currently nothing that can be done to punish clubs for how their fans behave during a Scottish football match. To do so would require a change in the rules that would first of all have to be voted on by the clubs. If the rules did change then they won't punish clubs retrospectively.

weecounty hibby
10-03-2019, 03:05 PM
Sorry but it's not a stretch at all. Have you seen what's going on at the moment. There is an almost daily murder carried out by someone with a knife. Carrying a knife now seems to be a way of life for way too many people at the moment

J-C
10-03-2019, 03:08 PM
Get the big slavering alsation police dogs back, then they'll think twice about coming onto the pitch.

Sir David Gray
10-03-2019, 03:13 PM
Get the big slavering alsation police dogs back, then they'll think twice about coming onto the pitch.

Yep I wouldn't be against that in principle. Not sure if it would be possible at every game in the country though.

Keith_M
10-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Yep I wouldn't be against that in principle. Not sure if it would be possible at every game in the country though.

Lines of stewards would be a start. They don't have to be around the whole pitch, but there are known trouble-spots, like the south end of the East Stand.

nonshinyfinish
10-03-2019, 04:23 PM

Would take some effort to invade the ptich here:

https://d2gg9evh47fn9z.cloudfront.net/800px_COLOURBOX1888729.jpg

Hibbyradge
10-03-2019, 04:30 PM
Sorry but it's not a stretch at all. Have you seen what's going on at the moment. There is an almost daily murder carried out by someone with a knife. Carrying a knife now seems to be a way of life for way too many people at the moment

Exactly.

Coincidentally, this appeared in my feed;

Knife crime rising more steeply outside London, police figures show

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/10/steep-rise-in-knife-outside-london-police-figures-show?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

emerald green
10-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Behave, makes grounds more dangerous, stone age stuff that.

You mean the cave man attack from the nutjob/fantasist who thinks he's a character from a TV drama?

emerald green
10-03-2019, 04:34 PM

Legislation can be changed.

Killiehibbie
10-03-2019, 04:42 PM
England

35mg in breath per 100ml

22mg per 100ml breath
50 mg per 100 ml blood
67 mg per 100ml urine

I was just wondering what level would allow me to attend a game of football if a breath test was introduced at the turnstile? I wonder how long the queue would be for this and the drug tests.

Just Jimmy
10-03-2019, 04:48 PM
I was just wondering what level would allow me to attend a game of football if a breath test was introduced at the turnstile? I wonder how long the queue would be for this and the drug tests.well they only give a reading if you've not eaten or drunk anything for 20 mins or smoked for 5 mins before. the drugs wipes take 20 mins to show up also so you'd need to be there at least 30 mins prior...

erin go bragh
10-03-2019, 04:52 PM
A guy with 3 kids allegedly was the attacker. Thought it was only a young lad too

Well ,he has more kids than brain cells . The Birmingham fans cheering him are just as bad .
Also seen some sick tweets about Grealish’s now dead baby brother.
No need . Some sick twisted folk out there .

Killiehibbie
10-03-2019, 04:53 PM
well they only give a reading if you've not eaten or drunk anything for 20 mins or smoked for 5 mins before. the drugs wipes take 20 mins to show up also so you'd need to be there at least 30 mins prior...

In other words not workable. Maybe just have police looking for people clearly intoxicated, refusing them entry and have the odd spot check in the cubicles:wink:

Hibbyradge
10-03-2019, 05:03 PM
Copycat arse hole fan on the pitch at Arsenal now.

weecounty hibby
10-03-2019, 05:06 PM
Copycat arse hole fan on the pitch at Arsenal now.
This should be a minimum of 6 months in the jail for anyone entering the field of play. ****ing ********s

The Spaceman
10-03-2019, 05:09 PM
This should be a minimum of 6 months in the jail for anyone entering the field of play. ****ing ********s

£10k fine would stop a lot of these idiots!

jonty
10-03-2019, 05:20 PM
£10k fine would stop a lot of these idiots!
Agree, but would they pay? £5 instalments don’t cut it.
Hit them in the pocket. Impound their car. Withdraw any benefits. Make them clock into the local police station when there’s a match on. 4hrs community service each Saturday.

All of them might be a bit harsh. Maybe not.

jonty
10-03-2019, 05:21 PM
Would Grealish have a case for assault in the workplace?

GreenCastle
10-03-2019, 05:28 PM
The Hearts fan who ran on against Riordan..I’m sure they are back attending games.

Bans are hard to enforce - especially away games when it’s pay at the gate.

Blaster
10-03-2019, 05:39 PM
The Hearts fan who ran on against Riordan..I’m sure they are back attending games.

Bans are hard to enforce - especially away games when it’s pay at the gate.

Not if they have to attend their local police station at kick off time

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 06:11 PM

There has been knife crime for decades the figures this year only recently touched the levels of twenty years ago and it was worse in the 60 & 70's. In all that time no football player has been stabbed on the pitch. So for me it is a stretch i am happy for others to disagree.

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 06:14 PM

Thousands of Hibs fans would have done time or does that not count? Who decides when it is fun or not?

Sir David Gray
10-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Thousands of Hibs fans would have done time or does that not count? Who decides when it is fun or not?

There's already laws in place prohibiting all spectators from entering a football pitch, it's just not enforced in cases where there's a mass pitch invasion at the end of a game. Any Hibs fan who went onto the pitch that day, in theory, could have been prosecuted and they wouldn't have been able to do anything about it, even if they weren't on there to cause trouble. As it happens the only people who have been prosecuted as far as I'm aware were the ones who actually committed acts of violence or vandalism whilst on the pitch.

However plenty of laws exist where police and the courts show a bit of discretion. I highly doubt there will be any calls for a father and his son to be prosecuted, fined, jailed and handed a banning order for coming onto the pitch alongside hundreds of others after just seeing their team promoted or avoid relegation etc on the final day of the season.

However in cases like the one we saw on Friday and the two today in England, these people were on the pitch to cause trouble and to confront and goad opposition players. The punishments available to the courts should be toughened up so that these people can be dealt with severely.

BoomtownHibees

Game was finished. Doesny count 😉

Sioux

What's the workplace got to do with it? He was assaulted, that's the offence, no matter where it takes place.

Since90+2
10-03-2019, 06:36 PM
There's already laws in place prohibiting all spectators from entering a football pitch, it's just not enforced in cases where there's a mass pitch invasion at the end of a game. Any Hibs fan who went onto the pitch that day, in theory, could have been prosecuted and they wouldn't have been able to do anything about it, even if they weren't on there to cause trouble. As it happens the only people who have been prosecuted as far as I'm aware were the ones who actually committed acts of violence or vandalism whilst on the pitch.

However plenty of laws exist where police and the courts show a bit of discretion. I highly doubt there will be any calls for a father and his son to be prosecuted, fined, jailed and handed a banning order for coming onto the pitch alongside hundreds of others after just seeing their team promoted or avoid relegation etc on the final day of the season.

However in cases like the one we saw on Friday and the two today in England, these people were on the pitch to cause trouble and to confront and goad opposition players. The punishments available to the courts should be toughened up so that these people can be dealt with severely.

Your first paragraph is wrong.

It is not against the law in Scotland to simply enter the field of play however it is in England. It was part of the recommendation of the report after the cup final that a consideration be made to also make it a crime in Scotland that it's a criminal offence to enter the field of play. I don't believe that the law has changed in that regards as yet but it certainly wasn't a criminal offence at the time of the cup final hence why most fans were charged with things like breach of the peace.

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 06:40 PM

Who decides if they are on the pitch to cause trouble or goad the opposition or simply to have fun?

Since90+2
10-03-2019, 06:42 PM

No they wouldn't.

As per my above post at the time if the Cup final it was not against the law in Scotland to invade the pitch , it was however in England, I don't believe the law has changed. See article below

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14665796.Make_pitch_invasion_a_criminal_offence_sa ys_SFA_report_into_Scottish_Cup_final_trouble/

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 06:44 PM
No they wouldn't.

As per my above post at the time if the Cup final it was not against the law in Scotland to invade the pitch , it was however in England, I don't believe the law has changed. See article below

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14665796.Make_pitch_invasion_a_criminal_offence_sa ys_SFA_report_into_Scottish_Cup_final_trouble/

I replied to a post that said there should be six month sentence for everyone entering the field of play.

HibeeHibernian4
10-03-2019, 06:46 PM
[/B][/I]

A 'lap of honour' and the trophy plinth with the confetti is all the boring modern football claptrap of a post match cup win. Ours was special and unique and won't ever be seen again. Give me what happened at the full time whistle every day of the week over the routine celebrations.

The lap of honour would've been terrible as it would've ruined Sunshine on Leith, because some of our support think that they should applaud the players during it. The pitch invasion was fantastic, if nothing else, because it stopped that happening.

Not a single person should ever clap while Sunshine on Leith is playing, and it made it all the more breathtaking that day because nobody did.

The emotion on display at full time was beautiful, and it only made Sunshine on Leith more beautiful as a result.

Since90+2
10-03-2019, 06:46 PM
I replied to a post that said there should be six month sentence for everyone entering the field of play.

You mentioned thousands of Hibs fans would have been done. I assumed you we're referring to them simply being on the pitch , if not what were you referring to?

Sir David Gray
10-03-2019, 06:52 PM
Your first paragraph is wrong.

It is not against the law in Scotland to simply enter the field of play however it is in England. It was part of the recommendation of the report after the cup final that a consideration be made to also make it a crime in Scotland that it's a criminal offence to enter the field of play. I don't believe that the law has changed in that regards as yet but it certainly wasn't a criminal offence at the time of the cup final hence why most fans were charged with things like breach of the peace.

Perhaps it needs to be changed to be in line with what happens in England then.

I don't think that would alter things too much for the father and son I made an example of in my last post as these kinds of people are routinely seen on the pitch at the end of matches in England after their team has won promotion/avoided relegation and as long as they aren't harming anyone and leave the pitch as soon as the celebrations are over then I'm not aware of these people ever being prosecuted even although they have technically broken the law.

What it would do though is make it much easier to prosecute the idiots instead of having to rely on evidence that they have committed assault or breach of the peace etc they could be prosecuted for entering the pitch which would be impossible for them to deny.

Who decides if they are on the pitch to cause trouble or goad the opposition or simply to have fun?

Presumably the police would decide such matters, just like they do with any other criminal offence.

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 06:55 PM
A 'lap of honour' and the trophy plinth with the confetti is all the boring modern football claptrap of a post match cup win. Ours was special and unique and won't ever be seen again. Give me what happened at the full time whistle every day of the week over the routine celebrations.

The lap of honour would've been terrible as it would've ruined Sunshine on Leith, because some of our support think that they should applaud the players during it. The pitch invasion was fantastic, if nothing else, because it stopped that happening.

Not a single person should ever clap while Sunshine on Leith is playing, and it made it all the more breathtaking that day because nobody did.

The emotion on display at full time was beautiful, and it only made Sunshine on Leith more beautiful as a result.

Glad "you" enjoyed it is good to read you are also telling others how to behave that is very decent of you.:agree:

Since90+2
10-03-2019, 06:56 PM
Perhaps it needs to be changed to be in line with what happens in England then.

I don't think that would alter things too much for the father and son I made an example of in my last post as these kinds of people are routinely seen on the pitch at the end of matches in England after their team has won promotion/avoided relegation and as long as they aren't harming anyone and leave the pitch as soon as the celebrations are over then I'm not aware of these people ever being prosecuted even although they have technically broken the law.

What it would do though is make it much easier to prosecute the idiots instead of having to rely on evidence that they have committed assault or breach of the peace etc they could be prosecuted for entering the pitch which would be impossible for them to deny.

Presumably the police would decide such matters, just like they do with any other criminal offence.

Fair enough.

Im just pointing your original point about Hibs fans on the pitch being prosecuted as they had comitted a crime and there would have been nothing they could do about it.

They didn't and I think it's important to make that clear given that it's a line that's lazily trotted out on here from time to time.

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 06:58 PM
You mentioned thousands of Hibs fans would have been done. I assumed you we're referring to them simply being on the pitch , if not what were you referring to?

I did but I was responding to someone who said everyone who enters the field of play should get six months. I said it that was the case thousands of Hibs fans would have done time.

Since90+2
10-03-2019, 07:02 PM
I did but I was responding to someone who said everyone who enters the field of play should get six months. I said it that was the case thousands of Hibs fans would have done time.

Why would they have done time? As I have pointed out it wasn't , and I still believe it's not , a criminal offence to invade the pitch in Scotland.

BoomtownHibees
10-03-2019, 07:08 PM
Why would they have done time? As I have pointed out it wasn't , and I still believe it's not , a criminal offence to invade the pitch in Scotland.

Mate come on, it’s no difficult. A poster suggested that being on the pitch should have that as a minimum punishment and Sammy then posted that if that was the case then every Hibs fan would have got done for the cup final

Scouse Hibee
10-03-2019, 07:08 PM

He has a case for assault regardless of where.

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 07:09 PM

One last try then I give up :rolleyes: - I was responding to someone who said it should be a six month sentence it was hypothetical and I said if It was the case thousands of our fans would have done time.

Sir David Gray
10-03-2019, 07:10 PM

The point the person is making is why would we want to have a situation where anyone who enters the pitch gets a 6 month prison sentence? Because if that was the case then thousands of Hibs fans would have been doing time after the cup final.

HibeeHibernian4
10-03-2019, 07:16 PM
Glad "you" enjoyed it good hear you also tell others now to behave dry decent of you.:agree:

Especially now we are almost three years removed from it and Hibs got off with zero consequences from it, you are one of the only Hibs fans I am aware of who has an issue with the pitch invasion. Almost everyone I've ever spoken to about it since (both Hibs fans and neutrals alike) thinks it was a fantastic outpouring of emotion from a set of fans who'd been through hell and back just in that season let alone through the decades.

I was on the pitch, only after they opened the gates in the North Stand and I just went on peacefully, kissed the turf, stood there for a moment or two to reflect and then got up and started hugging fellow Hibs fans. What I remember seeing most vividly was grown men and women in tears, remembering their loved ones who had passed away before that magical day. My own dad cried for his late mother, who would've loved nothing more than to have been there too. You'd have to have a heart of stone (or of Midlothian) not to empathise with that.

Don't mean to come across as telling others how to behave, it's just a sincerely held belief of mine that it takes away from Sunshine on Leith as a song. When we beat Hearts at Easter Road and the players come round the pitch, I never understand why folk are clapping. All the silences in between each line are taken away by the sound of constant clapping. It detracts from it. So for that reason, too, I am very glad that we didn't have one, especially while Sunshine on Leith played. That's before we get to the pathetic confetti cannons and fireworks that would've been wheeled out if we hadn't invaded the park.

Blaster
10-03-2019, 07:17 PM
One last try then I give up :rolleyes: - I was responding to someone who said it should be a six month sentence it was hypothetical and I said if It was the case thousands of our fans would have done time.

6 month sentence going forward, no? We’re not talking about what’s happened before. Looking to deter from happening again surely

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 07:26 PM
Especially now we are almost three years removed from it and Hibs got off with zero consequences from it, you are one of the only Hibs fans I am aware of who has an issue with the pitch invasion. Almost everyone I've ever spoken to about it since (both Hibs fans and neutrals alike) thinks it was a fantastic outpouring of emotion from a set of fans who'd been through hell and back just in that season let alone through the decades.

I was on the pitch, only after they opened the gates in the North Stand and I just went on peacefully, kissed the turf, stood there for a moment or two to reflect and then got up and started hugging fellow Hibs fans. What I remember seeing most vividly was grown men and women in tears, remembering their loved ones who had passed away before that magical day. My own dad cried for his late mother, who would've loved nothing more than to have been there too. You'd have to have a heart of stone (or of Midlothian) not to empathise with that.

Don't mean to come across as telling others how to behave, it's just a sincerely held belief of mine that it takes away from Sunshine on Leith as a song. When we beat Hearts at Easter Road and the players come round the pitch, I never understand why folk are clapping. All the silences in between each line are taken away by the sound of constant clapping. It detracts from it. So for that reason, too, I am very glad that we didn't have one, especially while Sunshine on Leith played. That's before we get to the pathetic confetti cannons and fireworks that would've been wheeled out if we hadn't invaded the park.

As I say I am glad you enjoyed it. I would have preferred that everyone got the chance to enjoy the lap of honour and sung SOS how they wanted to but each to their own. Did it ruin my day no, do I worry about it or have sleepless nights no. I just wish sometimes people would think of others rather than themselves. However it always has been and always will be the way it is.

weecounty hibby
10-03-2019, 07:27 PM

It was me who suggested a six month ban for anyone entering the field of play and I stand by that. Bring the law in now before someone is seriously hurt. What happened on 21/05/16 was unique in the circumstances but you just have to see the debates on here about it to see how much it split even our fans on it. I wasn't in the pitch and wont criticize those who were. But it allowed others outside of the Hibs circle to detract from our win and give us bad publicity. That is in the past though and I doubt we will ever see it again as plod won't want to be embarrassed like that again. I do also believe that the fan who had a go a Fodderingham that day deserved all he got. The three instances this weekend have been nothing like that day and all three came o to the park to target players. 6 months in the jail would determine other brainless dicks doing similar

macca70
10-03-2019, 08:04 PM
There’s also footage of a steward being marched away in the chaos of the Villa celebrations. Apparently he pushed and kneed Grealish in the back as he jumped into the crowd to celebrate.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2019, 08:09 PM
There’s also footage of a steward being marched away in the chaos of the Villa celebrations. Apparently he pushed and kneed Grealish in the back as he jumped into the crowd to celebrate.

Maybe just doing his job, won’t go down to well on here, but JG shouldn’t really be in the stands. Would probably have been a red card in Scotland

BoomtownHibees
10-03-2019, 08:14 PM
Maybe just doing his job, won’t go down to well on here, but JG shouldn’t really be in the stands. Would probably have been a red card in Scotland

Have you seen the video? You can’t get away with that as a steward, it goes beyond “doing his job”, hence why the police took him away

CMurdoch
10-03-2019, 08:14 PM
England

35mg in breath per 100ml

22mg per 100ml breath
50 mg per 100 ml blood
67 mg per 100ml urine

Football Clubs set their own ground rules.

I would like to see the limit for entry to a Premiership football match set at
80mg of alcohol per 100ml of breath
Suspect that would allow most folks to have 4 pints.

Anybody who looked a bit squiffy could be breathalysed by stewards before being allowed entry.
Similarly if found squiffy inside the ground could be similarly breath tested and ejected if they refuse to produce a test sample or are over the above limit.

Just Jimmy
10-03-2019, 08:20 PM

Anybody who looked a bit squiffy could be breathalysed by stewards before being allowed entry.
Similarly if found squiffy inside the ground could be similarly breath tested and ejected if they refuse to produce a test sample or are over the above limit.these are only the drink drive limits that were asked for. the issue with breath kits and implementing them from stewards or police on the gate have already been mentioned. in addition this would also need to be a condition of entry to the venue on the ticket as the police don't have the power to just take a breath test in these circumstances and stewards certainly wouldn't.

I don't know if this is common at any other venue or what not.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2019, 08:20 PM
Have you seen the video? You can’t get away with that as a steward, it goes beyond “doing his job”, hence why the police took him away

I’ll need to watch it again, but if we don’t want fans on the pitch, players shouldn’t be in the stands, could cause a massive crushing

BoomtownHibees
10-03-2019, 08:21 PM
I’ll need to watch it again, but if we don’t want fans on the pitch, players shouldn’t be in the stands, could cause a massive crushing

I agree with that but there’s ways and means. A steward kicking a player is neither

jonty
10-03-2019, 08:24 PM
He has a case for assault regardless of where.

I get that, its just in a workplace (well, most, anyway) you feel safe from assault.
Instead of being on the street, and it being two individuals, now the clubs (employers) are getting dragged into it.

all because of one ********.

percy veer
10-03-2019, 08:28 PM
6 month sentence going forward, no? We’re not talking about what’s happened before. Looking to deter from happening again surely

you don't get 6 months for robbing someones house, entering the field of play come on.

CMurdoch
10-03-2019, 09:17 PM

Similarly if found squiffy inside the ground could be similarly breath tested and ejected if they refuse to produce a test sample or are over the above limit.

these are only the drink drive limits that were asked for. the issue with breath kits and implementing them from stewards or police on the gate have already been mentioned. in addition this would also need to be a condition of entry to the venue on the ticket as the police don't have the power to just take a breath test in these circumstances and stewards certainly wouldn't.

I don't know if this is common at any other venue or what not.

What you gave were the drink driving limits which are part of Road Traffic Law
What i am speaking about is football clubs adding to their ground rules.
Nothing to do with the Police. Nothing to do with the law.
Simply a condition of entry.
There are breath analysers in hospitals. Very accurate and not difficult to use.
Tests would be conducted by stewards on any person they thought was worse for wear.
A club would add to their ground rules, along the lines of, any person refusing a breath test, failing to provide a breath test or over the prescribed limit will not be allowed entry to the ground etc.
The club can set whatever conditions of entry they want just as pubs and clubs have always done.

Sir David Gray
10-03-2019, 09:37 PM
There are breath analysers in hospitals. Very accurate and not difficult to use.
Tests would be conducted by stewards on any person they thought was worse for wear.
A club would add to their ground rules, along the lines of, any person refusing a breath test, failing to provide a breath test or over the prescribed limit will not be allowed entry to the ground etc.
The club can set whatever conditions of entry they want just as pubs and clubs have always done.

The grounds would be empty if you banned everyone who had drunk too much alcohol before big games like the one on Friday night.

Plenty of people will have turned up at Easter Road on Friday night having had several units of alcohol in the hours leading up to kick off. Only one person has failed to control himself.

I agree alcohol doesn't help but i don't think having a blanket ban on anyone who has alcohol in their system above a certain level is the answer.

CMurdoch
10-03-2019, 10:15 PM
The grounds would be empty if you banned everyone who had drunk too much alcohol before big games like the one on Friday night.

Plenty of people will have turned up at Easter Road on Friday night having had several units of alcohol in the hours leading up to kick off. Only one person has failed to control himself.

I agree alcohol doesn't help but i don't think having a blanket ban on anyone who has alcohol in their system above a certain level is the answer.

I didn't suggest zero alcohol.
I suggested 80mg of alcohol per 100ml of breath
That would be no less than 4 pints for most folk.

The guy 2 along from me in the East, arrived late and half jaked on Friday night, went for a piss after 13 minutes, then slavered a load of ***** and abuse in the direction of the Rangers supporters when he returned. Disappeared at halftime, came back on the 50 minute mark, started with the abuse again before heading off for another pish after 75 minutes. Oor row who wanted to watch the game were up and doon mare than a whores knickers just to accommodate a selfish arse.
A match like Friday's isn't a place for the bevied. At best a pest at worst causing bother.

Northernhibee
10-03-2019, 10:20 PM
The grounds would be empty if you banned everyone who had drunk too much alcohol before big games like the one on Friday night

Not if they know the consequence of turning up blind drunk or coked up.

Besties Debut
10-03-2019, 10:46 PM
The worst player assault I have witnessed was on our own Kevin McKee at Ibrox. A young kid who had just broken into the first team he was punched in the face by some hun nutter who ran on the pitch. Many say he was never the same player again. The Grealish assault today was very similar in its violence and venom.

Killiehibbie
10-03-2019, 10:52 PM
Not if they know the consequence of turning up blind drunk or coked up.

Is it only coke or any drugs at all?

Besties Debut
10-03-2019, 11:03 PM
Is it only coke or any drugs at all? It could have been any class A stimulant but giving how prevalent
Cocaine is amongst the young team these days I would be surprised if it wasn’t the nutters drug of choice.....One thing i am pretty certain about is that nobody has ever ran on the pitch and attacked a player after smoking weed .

dp00
10-03-2019, 11:08 PM
Not great for us either because it’s just highlighting our incident even more than it already was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty_f
10-03-2019, 11:14 PM
Not great for us either because it’s just highlighting our incident even more than it already was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, mentioned on Match of the Day 2 tonight.

B.H.F.C
10-03-2019, 11:21 PM
Fair play to Grealish for the way he handled it.

Laughed. Scored. Laughed a bit more. Then said it was the best day of his life.

Most players would have disappeared after something like that happened to them.

Lancs Harp
10-03-2019, 11:31 PM
The worst player assault I have witnessed was on our own Kevin McKee at Ibrox. A young kid who had just broken into the first team he was punched in the face by some hun nutter who ran on the pitch. Many say he was never the same player again. The Grealish assault today was very similar in its violence and venom.

Well apart from Lee Wallace being virtually murdered on the playing fields of Hampden.

Smartie
10-03-2019, 11:46 PM
I don't mind players going mental and jumping into stands full of their own supporters.

Grounds are all-seater or have crush barriers on terracing so there's a limit to any crushing that's going to happen.

I can't believe you get booked for celebrating the way Grealish did after what happened to him yet Morelos' conduct at the Sevco goal hasn't even been discussed.

Fife-Hibee
10-03-2019, 11:47 PM
One thing i am pretty certain about is that nobody has ever ran on the pitch and attacked a player after smoking weed .

Instead, they'd run on and give the player a hug. Like ours did with Tavernier. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-03-2019, 11:55 PM

I doubt anybody apart from the hand wringers could give a Donald.

Just Jimmy
11-03-2019, 05:52 AM

which is what I said...

"condition of entry"

it would be the law and it would have to do with the police because the police would need to enforce when someone kicked off about it.

The issue would simply be as someone else said; ground would be almost empty. in addition 80mg for one person is more or less for anothers.

Hibs struggle to get to 15k at games when we're not playing great football or getting results, imagine cutting that in half.

imagine a derby?

it's already an offence to enter a stadium drunk, yet it happens, yet you want to get a min wage steward saying "excuse me sir but you've had 5 pints instead of 4 and you aren't getting into this event you paid £30 for".

it just won't happen. in addition it's not really the answer either.

Hibrandenburg
11-03-2019, 07:21 AM
It could have been any class A stimulant but giving how prevalent
Cocaine is amongst the young team these days I would be surprised if it wasn’t the nutters drug of choice.....One thing i am pretty certain about is that nobody has ever ran on the pitch and attacked a player after smoking weed .

Some of them are so coked up that their farts could apply for Columbian citizenship.

Killiehibbie
11-03-2019, 07:28 AM
It could have been any class A stimulant but giving how prevalent
Start testing for anabolic steroids? They've been said to cause rage. Personality tests because some people are easily enraged?

J-C
11-03-2019, 07:43 AM
I have 2 guys that sit a couple of seats away from me, both late 40's early 50's, from Tranent way, regularly pissed up with one continually shouting abuse at either linesman or the ref, the other just sits there in a drunken stupor. They're fairly harmless and see their saturdays as a wee day out for a few bevvies and to see their team play, if we started to make breath tests legal at grounds, guys like this would not be allowed in. It's not always alchohol that fuels these eejits, sometimes being an eejit is all it takes. We need to take more responsibility ourselves at games, more self policing, if we see anything being thrown, racist shouts etc, get them pointed out and tossed out of the ground.

Hibbyradge
11-03-2019, 07:55 AM
"Birmingham City apologised to Grealish and Villa immediately after the game and added it would be reviewing its stadium safety procedures."

It seems apologising is the right thing to do.

heretoday
11-03-2019, 08:13 AM
"Birmingham City apologised to Grealish and Villa immediately after the game and added it would be reviewing its stadium safety procedures."

It seems apologising is the right thing to do.
Yes it is. I don't think the clubs are responsible though.
What can they do short of searching every spectator on entry? Erect fences like in the seventies?
The perpetrators must face the full force of the law.

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2019, 09:41 AM

:top marks:agree:

We had the most unique presentation of that cup ever, i wouldn't change a thing. I bet if you ask anyone who won the cup in 2016 between Hibs and sevco 99% of them will know it was us and they will remember the celebrations.

I couldn't even tell you who won it last season.

Besties Debut
11-03-2019, 09:50 AM
:top marks:agree:

We had the most unique presentation of that cup ever, i wouldn't change a thing. I bet if you ask anyone who won the cup in 2016 between Hibs and sevco 99% of them will know it was us and they will remember the celebrations.

I couldn't even tell you who won it last season. I'm unique in that I felt the celebrations almost ruined the winning experience. The players were not able to celebrate with the fans, no dancing about on the pitch with the cup, no cup winning team photo, the odd experience of singing SOL to a line of coppers while the players were crammed onto the presentation podium. The papers the next day were full of smashed crossbars and fighting fans.
I felt the celebrations after the 2007 league cup final were much better.

HibeeHibernian4
11-03-2019, 11:38 AM
I'm unique in that I felt the celebrations almost ruined the winning experience. The players were not able to celebrate with the fans, no dancing about on the pitch with the cup, no cup winning team photo, the odd experience of singing SOL to a line of coppers while the players were crammed onto the presentation podium. The papers the next day were full of smashed crossbars and fighting fans. I felt the celebrations after the 2007 league cup final were much better.

Each to their own but I strongly disagree. In fifty years time nobody will remember the 2007 celebrations and everybody will fondly remember the 2016 ones.

04Sauzee
11-03-2019, 02:42 PM
14 weeks in the tin pail

theonlywayisup
11-03-2019, 02:45 PM
14 weeks in the tin pail

:agree: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-47523268

HoboHarry
11-03-2019, 02:49 PM
Hope the Crown appeal on the grounds the sentence was too light.....

HoboHarry
11-03-2019, 02:50 PM
Each to their own but I strongly disagree. In fifty years time nobody will remember the 2007 celebrations and everybody will fondly remember the 2016 ones.
50 years time? Knackered if I want to live to the age of 106...... :greengrin

theonlywayisup
11-03-2019, 02:52 PM
Hope the Crown appeal on the grounds the sentence was too light.....

Am I being a bit unfair wishing that I hope he shares his cell with two 'heavyweight' Villa fans :dunno:

Wilson
11-03-2019, 02:58 PM

We'll hopefully have won both cups a couple of more times by then! 2016 will be a distant memory because the world keeps turning.

The rendition of Sol in 2007 got us plaudits and was widely covered and lauded as one of the great football celebrations of the year. Quickly forgotten when we won the Scottish.

Sean1875
11-03-2019, 03:01 PM
Breathalysing fans and 4 pint limits, what a load of nonsense :faf: Can just imagine going to the pub to watch the early kick off before heading to ER and being offered a pint and saying "Na sorry mate, ive had my 4 don't want to be refused at the game" :rolleyes:

Mikey
11-03-2019, 03:37 PM
He's been jailed for 14 weeks.

hibbyfraelibby
11-03-2019, 03:40 PM
:agree: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-47523268

14 weeks? Out in 6. Some detterent that is.

G B Young
11-03-2019, 03:43 PM

Plus a 10-year ban from all football grounds.

Famous Fiver
11-03-2019, 03:47 PM
Tongue in cheek but would a compulsory attendance order at Birmingham City for the next 10 years be a more suitable punishment?

barcahibs
11-03-2019, 03:48 PM

Many fans had an issue at the time and I'm certain some still do now, but most I would guess, like me, have made peace with it and feel it just drags our name through the mud to keep bringing it up.

Actually, as the years have passed I do have some sympathy with the view that at least we had a unique experience. The images of the police line facing us as we sang Sunshine on Leith do have a certain resonance, especially with us just having beaten one of the two establishment clubs.

I've also calmed down (a lot!) from my initial condemnatory feelings of everyone on the pitch that I held at the time. I accept now that the vast, vast majority were on there to have a good time and out of feelings of joy (and not a little bit of confusion having got carried along with the events.)

But I can't help but remember my feelings at the time. At the time I didn't see the fans peacefully celebrating. You can't help where your attention is drawn, and on the day, at that moment - which should have been my greatest moment as a Hibs fan - my attention was drawn to a bunch of a*******s in Hibs colours at the top of the pitch fighting with another bunch of ********s in sevco colours.

Instead of feeling joy, my heart was sinking at the thought that this was going to ruin our moment and that a group of selfish, drunken neds, more interested in goading and fighting than celebrating, were taking the limelight away from the team's achievement. And you can also add to that the selfish fans who looked like they were going to refuse to leave the pitch - for a while there was even a worry that there wouldn't even be a trophy presentation.

Plus there's the third party reaction. I like my club to be loved. I want others to think well of it, and like it or not all the majority of neutrals (non football fans) remember is that a bunch of hooligans came on the pitch and assaulted sevco players. We know that's wrong but most of them won't have followed the story and only remember the headlines.

Like I say, I've made my peace with it, and can even take some pleasure in it, but there's no doubt in my mind that it would have been better if people had stayed in their seats. For me the 2007 win and celebrations are the ones that will live with me forever.

Fans shouldn't be on the pitch. It really is as simple as that.

cabbageandribs1875
11-03-2019, 04:02 PM

which will probably have more effect on him than an extra few weeks in jail :agree: and some on here were wanting our pitch invader banned for life for going on the trackside and remonstrating, a tad draconian...imo

11-03-2019, 04:03 PM
Shocking act of thuggery. Hit him from behind as well, what a big hard man he his :rolleyes: Coward.

HibeeHibernian4
11-03-2019, 04:06 PM
But I can't help but remember my feelings at the time. At the time I didn't see the fans peacefully celebrating. You can't help where your attention is drawn, and on the day, at that moment - which should have been my greatest moment as a Hibs fan - my attention was drawn to a bunch of a*******s in Hibs colours at the top of the pitch fighting with another bunch of ********s in sevco colours.

Instead of feeling joy, my heart was sinking at the thought that this was going to ruin our moment and that a group of selfish, drunken neds, more interested in goading and fighting than celebrating, were taking the limelight away from the team's achievement. And you can also add to that the selfish fans who looked like they were going to refuse to leave the pitch - for a while there was even a worry that there wouldn't even be a trophy presentation.

I do respect how you feel, I was quite near the front of the North Stand so had a very low down view of the pitch as is the case at Hampden. As a result of this, I went on after the initial rush of fans when the gates opened and was completely unaware that there had been any fighting. I was basically in a world of my own, and it was only when we left the stadium at about what must've been 6 o'clock that I finally checked my phone and had about a dozen texts from pals asking me if I'd been involved in the scraps. Genuinely hadn't realised until that point that there had been any fighting, let alone the fact that there'd been huns on the pitch too. I stayed right down by the penalty box at the east end of Hampden so that might explain it. After about 5 minutes on the pitch I went back to my seat to join the family and, like you, was vocal in trying to get the stragglers off the pitch so that we could lift the trophy.

If the trophy hadn't been lifted, I would completely agree that the pitch invasion spoiled the cup win to a degree. We all wanted more than anything to see a Hibs captain go up and finally lift the ******* thing. I said it at the time and I still believe it now, the fighting spoiled the pitch invasion, but the pitch invasion didn't spoil the day. I agree that it is very sad that a minority of our supporters felt the need to try and taunt their players and then go scrapping with their fans, really wasn't good at all.

Plus there's the third party reaction. I like my club to be loved. I want others to think well of it, and like it or not all the majority of neutrals (non football fans) remember is that a bunch of hooligans came on the pitch and assaulted sevco players. We know that's wrong but most of them won't have followed the story and only remember the headlines.

We must just have different experiences of this, because once the initial press hysteria died down and Jim Traynor's propaganda machine stopped spinning its cogs, everyone had a moment to reflect and realised that it wasn't World War 3, it was scuffles in the midst of an outpouring of emotion and most neutrals can see that.

I was working down south at the time, and when I triumphantly went into the office on the Tuesday (booked the Monday off in advance just in case the unthinkable happened :greengrin), English folk with absolutely no connection to Scottish football were even more annoyed at the pious media coverage than I was.

You just need to see the three or four versions of Sunshine on Leith from that day, respect and admiration for Hibs fans from all corners of the globe, very few - if any - comments about the minor fighting. As time goes on only the bitterest of bluenoses will continue to embellish it as some sort of battlefield. In fact, with Rangers' fascistic tendencies, they've already started rewriting history and now claim that they chased us all over Hampden. :rolleyes:

In summary, completely respect your opinion and same for any other Hibby who didn't like the pitch invasion. It probably was a moment of self-indulgence on my part, but I am honest in saying that I had no intention in running on that pitch when the day started, and it was only the absolute drama of it all that made me do it. If we'd cruised to a 2-0 victory, I wouldn't have been on there. Last minute winner to make it 3-2? I just couldn't help myself.

Lago
11-03-2019, 04:09 PM
He's been jailed for 14 weeks.
Done & dusted already, has our guy even been in court yet?

Billy Whizz
11-03-2019, 04:12 PM
Done & dusted already, has our guy even been in court yet?

Pleaded guilty to breach of the peace today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-47530712#

Smartie
11-03-2019, 04:16 PM
which will probably have more effect on him than an extra few weeks in jail :agree: and some on here were wanting our pitch invader banned for life for going on the trackside and remonstrating, a tad draconian...imo

I do think that with these types of offences there needs to be a deterrent factor more than necessarily having the punishment fit the crime.

If the offender got a hug, a chat about where he went wrong and invited into the directors box to watch the next game then everybody would be going onto pitches and lamping players they didn't like.

Football survives on the goodwill and good nature of fans not taking the piss. I normally find the "what if" stuff a bit ridiculous, but in England especially you've got highly paid, very famous icons who are known worldwide strutting their stuff with weakish security around them week in week out. Some of the "what if's" that you can conjure up in your mind that could happen without too much effort really don't bear thinking about.

A message needs to be sent out that you don't go onto the pitch, and if you do then there will be dire consequences for you.

hibbyfraelibby
11-03-2019, 04:18 PM

He'll just watch it on the telly at home in the pub or from his cell...

Hermit Crab
11-03-2019, 04:22 PM

Does that sentence make you want to jump on a pitch and attack a player? I certainly don't!

Lago
11-03-2019, 04:27 PM
Pleaded guilty to breach of the peace today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-47530712#
Thanks for that 👍

Besties Debut
11-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Each to their own but I strongly disagree. In fifty years time nobody will remember the 2007 celebrations and everybody will fondly remember the 2016 ones.I doubt the hundreds who got prosecuted for assault and vandalism will have to many fond memories.
2007 on the other hand reminds me of the best rendition on SOL I’ve ever heard. John Collins crying on the pitch, Benji and Zemmama dancing about with Moroccan flags. There was no smashed crossbars, no destroyed electric advertising boards which cost us a fortune to replace and no boxing on the pitch with Killie fans. The papers the next day were full of our brilliant cup win.

Carheenlea
11-03-2019, 04:34 PM
A 14 week jail sentence is probably the most severe sentence the court was able to administer. Comparing the incidents the guy that jumped the perimeter on Friday night can probably expect a couple of hundred quid fine and a banning order.

11-03-2019, 04:42 PM
I do think that with these types of offences there needs to be a deterrent factor more than necessarily having the punishment fit the crime.

If the offender got a hug, a chat about where he went wrong and invited into the directors box to watch the next game then everybody would be going onto pitches and lamping players they didn't like.

Football survives on the goodwill and good nature of fans not taking the piss. I normally find the "what if" stuff a bit ridiculous, but in England especially you've got highly paid, very famous icons who are known worldwide strutting their stuff with weakish security around them week in week out. Some of the "what if's" that you can conjure up in your mind that could happen without too much effort really don't bear thinking about.

A message needs to be sent out that you don't go onto the pitch, and if you do then there will be dire consequences for you.

That's exactly it. The fans significantly outnumber the stewards and Police. Lets be honest here, if you want to get onto the pitch, it isn't particularly difficult to do so. Thankfully the vast majority of fans choose to behave but unfortunately it only takes the one moron to do something really serious.

The Jack Grealish incident is up there with the Lennon incident, the boy proper skelped him. It wasn't just the usual wee shove (not that that's acceptable at all either btw). He came from behind him so I imagine Grealish must have got a hell of a fright as well.

Jones28
11-03-2019, 04:48 PM

He should never be allowed into a football game again for something like that.

HibeeHibernian4
11-03-2019, 04:54 PM
I doubt the hundreds who got prosecuted for assault and vandalism will have to many fond memories.
2007 on the other hand reminds me of the best rendition on SOL I’ve ever heard. John Collins crying on the pitch, Benji and Zemmama dancing about with Moroccan flags. There was no smashed crossbars, no destroyed electric advertising boards which cost us a fortune to replace and no boxing on the pitch with Killie fans. The papers the next day were full of our brilliant cup win.

75 Hibs fans were charged, and while I don't have the figures for prosecutions, I believe several weren't, and many had their cases thrown out in court.

Hibbyradge
11-03-2019, 05:09 PM

I think it's a very good sentence and it will definitely deter people from doing something similar.

Absolute bams won't be deterred even if it was a 6 month sentence, but most attention seeking radges won't want jail time of any length.

Sammy7nil
11-03-2019, 05:32 PM
I doubt anybody apart from the hand wringers could give a Donald.

My hands are sore from the wringing :agree::wink:

Many fans had an issue at the time and I'm certain some still do now, but most I would guess, like me, have made peace with it and feel it just drags our name through the mud to keep bringing it up.

Actually, as the years have passed I do have some sympathy with the view that at least we had a unique experience. The images of the police line facing us as we sang Sunshine on Leith do have a certain resonance, especially with us just having beaten one of the two establishment clubs.

I've also calmed down (a lot!) from my initial condemnatory feelings of everyone on the pitch that I held at the time. I accept now that the vast, vast majority were on there to have a good time and out of feelings of joy (and not a little bit of confusion having got carried along with the events.)

Like I say, I've made my peace with it, and can even take some pleasure in it, but there's no doubt in my mind that it would have been better if people had stayed in their seats. For me the 2007 win and celebrations are the ones that will live with me forever.

Fans shouldn't be on the pitch. It really is as simple as that.

:top marks:aok::top marks

Does that sentence make you want to jump on a pitch and attack a player? I certainly don't!

It certainly won't deter any bam in fact a wee six week stretch may add to the street cred.

emerald green
11-03-2019, 05:33 PM
The Birmingham yob commits his offence on Sunday, and he is jailed on the Monday (not nearly long enough imo) plus 10 year banning order and fine.

The Hibs yob commits his offence on Friday, and will not be sentenced until next month. How come? What's the problem? Why the delay? He's admitted breach of the peace.

Speedy
11-03-2019, 05:33 PM
I think it's a very good sentence and it will definitely deter people from doing something similar.

Absolute bams won't be deterred even if it was a 6 month sentence, but most attention seeking radges won't want jail time of any length.

I thought the 14 weeks was quite strict, but the 10 year ban quite lenient.

Does anyone know the likely sentence if that kind of assault happened on the street? (Just out of interest)

Saturday Boy
11-03-2019, 05:37 PM
The Birmingham yob commits his offence on Sunday, and he is jailed on the Monday (not nearly long enough imo) plus 10 year banning order and fine.

The Hibs yob commits his offence on Friday, and will not be sentenced until next month. How come? What's the problem? Why the delay? He's admitted breach of the peace.

Without wishing to state the obvious, Birmingham is in England.

Edinburgh is not.

Two different countries, two different legal systems.

emerald green
11-03-2019, 05:42 PM
Without wishing to state the obvious, Birmingham is in England.

Edinburgh is not.

Two different countries, two different legal systems.

I know that, but it doesn't explain such a difference in the length of time it takes to dispose of two very similar cases. The one in Birmingham being the more serious of the two cases.

Are the "legal systems" in Scotland all that different from England? I'm not a lawyer. Are you?

Blaster
11-03-2019, 05:49 PM
Apparently the Birmingham idiot was already banned from the ground

Sammy7nil
11-03-2019, 05:52 PM
I know that, but it doesn't explain such a difference in the length of time it takes to dispose of two very similar cases. The one in Birmingham being the more serious of the two cases.

Are the "legal systems" in Scotland all that different from England? I'm not a lawyer. Are you?

The court may want details of his previous behaviour or offences. If he has previous the sentence may be more severe

Saturday Boy
11-03-2019, 05:54 PM

There’s a huge difference between the criminal justice systems in Scotland and England.

Trials with and without a jury, the number of members in a jury and evidential requirements.

And no, I’m not a lawyer, but I worked for several years in law enforcement.

Hibby Radge will be along shortly to say my knowledge is all down to him 😄

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-03-2019, 05:58 PM

That's what happened to that yam prick who assaulted Lennon when he was first at septic and got off with it!

silverhibee
11-03-2019, 05:59 PM

Depends how old the lad is, if he is under 21 he will have sentence deferred by judge for social work reports.

Smartie
11-03-2019, 06:00 PM

I'm not a lawyer but I know that the legal systems are a lot more different than you might think.

One main difference (and any legal-minded folk on here please correct me) would be around the law of trespassing ie there is a law against trespassing in England but not in Scotland. If you venture onto the field in England you've committed a crime where as in Scotland you've not, although you'll have violated the terms of your ticket.

I could only imagine the chap in Birmingham pleading guilty, so you could probably get that over and done with very quickly and easily.

The guy at Easter Road is more likely to plead innocent, and that's if he even gets charged with anything at all as there wasn't an obvious crime committed during his skirmish with Tavernier. That could then drag on for ages.

Obviously Hibs can control who is and is not allowed into their ground, and whilst he may not face criminal charges he won't be getting away lightly from this with Hibs and will be facing a hefty ban of some sort.

11-03-2019, 06:05 PM
I'm not a lawyer but I know that the legal systems are a lot more different than you might think.

One main difference (and any legal-minded folk on here please correct me) would be around the law of trespassing ie there is a law against trespassing in England but not in Scotland. If you venture onto the field in England you've committed a crime where as in Scotland you've not, although you'll have violated the terms of your ticket.

I could only imagine the chap in Birmingham pleading guilty, so you could probably get that over and done with very quickly and easily.

The guy at Easter Road is more likely to plead innocent, and that's if he even gets charged with anything at all as there wasn't an obvious crime committed during his skirmish with Tavernier. That could then drag on for ages.

Obviously Hibs can control who is and is not allowed into their ground, and whilst he may not face criminal charges he won't be getting away lightly from this with Hibs and will be facing a hefty ban of some sort.

Think Leeann has already said a life ban. Same goes for anyone with flares.

emerald green
11-03-2019, 06:11 PM
Depends how old the lad is, if he is under 21 he will have sentence deferred by judge for social work reports.

He is 21 years old.

The guy at Easter Road is more likely to plead innocent, and that's if he even gets charged with anything at all as there wasn't an obvious crime committed during his skirmish with Tavernier.

He has admitted a breach of the peace.

BoomtownHibees
11-03-2019, 06:21 PM
14 weeks in the tin pail
10 year ban from all stadia
Lifetime ban from St Andrews

silverhibee
11-03-2019, 06:40 PM
He is 21 years old.

He has admitted a breach of the peace.

So sentence deferred until the judge get background reports on him to see what is the correct sentence, probation fine or community service will be the likely outcome.

11-03-2019, 06:55 PM
What even possesses someone to do that?

We all get caught up in the emotion of football, especially in heated games like derbies. Football is a passionate sport that provokes strong emotion, that's part of what makes football so special, the love for your club and the rivalry with others but what seriously goes through someones head when they actually decide to run on the pitch and physically assault a player. Mindless and totally pathetic that some grown adults can't actually control themselves from attacking a player over a game of football. Some people need to get a serious grip of themselves and grow up.

We all have opposition players we seriously dislike, guys who really get under our skin and a bit of verbal slagging (within reason of course) is a bit of banter and most players will take it on the chin and even give it back sometimes but we have to remember that at the end of the day these guys are simply doing their job, they do not deserve to have their physical safety put at risk. I don't expect to be attacked at work and neither should they. They've got their children, partners, parents, families etc all watching as well, must be so upsetting for them seeing that.

HibeeHibernian4
11-03-2019, 07:26 PM

Is sentencing people and throwing them in prison less than 24 hours removed from their crime a great look? Seems very show trial to me, personally.

HibeeHibernian4
11-03-2019, 07:31 PM
Think Leeann has already said a life ban. Same goes for anyone with flares.

And the second half of that sentence, if true, is ridiculous.

One day British football will come to realise what the rest of the world already knows, pyrotechnics are not dangerous. Pointless? Ultimately yes. But just like drugs, heavy criminalisation of it hasn't and will not work. Better off following Scandinavia and America and making them legal and having people who know what they're doing handling them.