PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

Bangkok Hibby
10-03-2019, 06:50 AM
I've just been reading some reports about his Celtic reserve appearances. I can see comments like "dictated the game" and "reserve player of the year"
I know we've had threads about the legality or otherwise of the pre contract but do these reports sow any seeds of doubt about him coming to Hibs?

Jim44
10-03-2019, 07:43 AM
I've just been reading some reports about his Celtic reserve appearances. I can see comments like "dictated the game" and "reserve player of the year"
I know we've had threads about the legality or otherwise of the pre contract but do these reports sow any seeds of doubt about him coming to Hibs?

Yes.

SquashedFrogg
10-03-2019, 07:48 AM
Yes.

A good player playing well in the reserves seems a perfectly normal occurrence to me.

Sioux
10-03-2019, 07:48 AM
Why?

blaikie
10-03-2019, 07:51 AM
Even with Lennon back I can’t see him staying at Celtic, they have an abundance of talent in the midfield.

I’m confident the agreement will stand and he’ll be ours next season!

Bangkok Hibby
10-03-2019, 07:52 AM
Why?

Because until recently he wasnt getting any game time at all. Now Lennon is there and he's getting rave reviews from the fans maybe doubts are setting in

Sioux
10-03-2019, 07:55 AM
Because until recently he wasnt getting any game time at all. Now Lennon is there and he's getting rave reviews from the fans maybe doubts are setting in

So how come he's reserve player of the year?

Beefster
10-03-2019, 08:03 AM
These threads with folk pishing their pants about Scott Allan’s pre-contract status are becoming a weekly occurrence.

Everyone knew how good Scott Allan is in January, including Celtic, and he chose to sign for Hibs. Scott Allan knew in January that he’s loved here and has played the best football of his career here. He chose to sign for Hibs.

marinello59
10-03-2019, 08:03 AM

If he starts making regular first team starts I’ll worry. Until then I’ll not bother.

Bangkok Hibby
10-03-2019, 08:14 AM
So how come he's reserve player of the year?

I'm not saying he is. I'm reporting what SOME Celtic fans are saying. Neither am I pishing my pants about him not coming. I just wondered, with the new regime at Celtic, allied to his new found favouritism with some fans was this raising any NEW doubts amongst Hibs fans.
In the words of Theresa May..."I've been very clear"

Pretty Boy
10-03-2019, 08:31 AM
Celtic are targeting the Champions League group stages and improved performance when they get there. As good as Scott Allan is he's not the man to inspire that level of performance.

He won't be a Celtic player next season.

hibsbollah
10-03-2019, 08:32 AM
I'm not saying he is. I'm reporting what SOME Celtic fans are saying. Neither am I pishing my pants about him not coming. I just wondered, with the new regime at Celtic, allied to his new found favouritism with some fans was this raising any NEW doubts amongst Hibs fans.
In the words of Theresa May..."I've been very clear"

You've been strong and stable.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-03-2019, 08:37 AM

If Lennon is to demonstrate that he can get more out of existing resources it’s a win-win - attract in players who for whatever reason have been misfiring and need to get back on track and for existing players to see they can improve and finally treatment - has Lennon completely frozen out players ? Except Bartley / McLaren

Carheenlea
10-03-2019, 08:43 AM
Lennon will do well to last till the end of the season himself at Celtic, so no worries from me about Scott Allan not returning to Easter Road.

WhileTheChief..
10-03-2019, 09:04 AM
Lennon will be there to try and get 10 in a row.

superfurryhibby
10-03-2019, 09:12 AM
Has he even played? I recall looking through their reserve fixture and noticing he hadn't even played in one for months.

As for the question, the answer is no chance. Allan will join Hibs at the end of his contract-end of.

Smartie
10-03-2019, 09:13 AM
He might be prone to a bad career decision, normally motivated by £€$ but he's a committed professional whenever he is at a club.

Fair play to him for knuckling down and continuing to do his best, even if he's not got much chance of playing for the Celtic first team.

Betty Boop
10-03-2019, 09:15 AM
Lennon will be there to try and get 10 in a row.

Hope he has an epic fail.

The 90+2
10-03-2019, 09:15 AM

Lennon probably sat down with Scotty and told him how much he wanted him at Hibs before he signed. It wouldn’t be in NLs nature to go to Celtic then just completely blank him and keep him out. He’s giving him game time which is good to see.

The 90+2
10-03-2019, 09:16 AM

I kind of thought that but after Friday...50-50 for me again.

green day
10-03-2019, 09:26 AM

Got a link?

Waxy
10-03-2019, 09:31 AM
Will Lennon even stay at Celtic after the seasons over?
I dont think so.

Jim44
10-03-2019, 09:38 AM
Don’t know the source, it’s on Facebook, that he is back training with the first team squad. I’m hopeful that he will honour the pre-contract but I wouldn’t put it past Celtic to intervene.

calumhibee1
10-03-2019, 09:45 AM
Don’t know the source, it’s on Facebook, that he is back training with the first team squad. I’m hopeful that he will honour the pre-contract but I wouldn’t put it past Celtic to intervene.

I’m still fairly certain that the pre contract is binding. People are panicking over nothing. The only examples of pre contracts not being honoured have had the two clubs agree to it not being honoured. No chance Hibs would do that, at least not without a big fee.

Eyrie
10-03-2019, 09:46 AM
Lennon probably sat down with Scotty and told him how much he wanted him at Hibs before he signed. It wouldn’t be in NLs nature to go to Celtic then just completely blank him and keep him out. He’s giving him game time which is good to see.

Probably nothing more than playing him in the reserves because he rates Allan as a player, but Lennon is doing us an incidental favour by ensuring Allan gets some game time.

MWHIBBIES
10-03-2019, 09:59 AM

Not happening. Contract is binding.

Tug Wilson
10-03-2019, 10:04 AM
I’m still fairly certain that the pre contract is binding. People are panicking over nothing. The only examples of pre contracts not being honoured have had the two clubs agree to it not being honoured. No chance Hibs would do that, at least not without a big fee.

I have never had sight of a football pre contract but would imagine that they all follow a fairly standard form. I cannot imagine that football clubs would allow them to be open ended in favour of the player so that he can just walk away. That would make them worthless. I suspect that there are a few suspensive conditions in the contract that both parties have to fulfil i.e. the club not being relegated or the player passing a medical. However the contract is a commitment for both parties and neither will be able to just walk away from it. Just my thoughts, but I cannot remember any instances where this has happened.

Speedway
10-03-2019, 10:05 AM

Yes, SA will finally get his dream move to the rangers and our fans will assault him on the pitch on his return to ER to accelerate our never ending downward spiral.

J-C
10-03-2019, 10:06 AM
The reason he didn't join us last summer was not due to Hibs but down to Lawell being a dick, initially Allan thought Hibs had pulled the deal but then found out Lawell changed the deal last minute and demanded full wages paid by Hibs. He knows exactly what happened, how much Hibs want him back and how badly Celtic have treated him especially in the summer, he knows he has a home here at Hibs and will be looking forward to coming back.

Bangkok Hibby
10-03-2019, 10:44 AM
Got a link?

I cant remember what site I was on but in expectation of questions here I took 5 screenshots of fans comments about him. If you can tell me how to post these using my phone I'll gladly do so.

Bangkok Hibby
10-03-2019, 10:54 AM
Got a link?

https://www.67hailhail.com/news/celtic-fans-react-scott-allans-reserve-performance

Sorry I'm hopeless with this new modern technology ��

Viva_Palmeiras
10-03-2019, 11:02 AM
https://www.67hailhail.com/news/celtic-fans-react-scott-allans-reserve-performance

Dominik Diamond - there’s a throwback to a time best forgotten

AZhibee
11-03-2019, 01:32 AM
But why didn’t he come in transfer window on loan? Too much $? Didn’t want to jeopardize potential Reserve Player of the Year win? Lenny didn’t want Hibs in better shape?

Viva_Palmeiras
11-03-2019, 05:43 AM
But why didn’t he come in transfer window on loan? Too much $? Didn’t want to jeopardize potential Reserve Player of the Year win? Lenny didn’t want Hibs in better shape?

Questioning Lennys integrity? Seems a bit pointless to me by crack on with the conspiracies. New chapter new manager focus energies on that for me.

MWHIBBIES
11-03-2019, 07:11 AM
Is this reserve player of the year thing a joke?

calumhibee1
11-03-2019, 07:13 AM

Apparently he has been pretty good for them. So while it probably is a bit of a piss take there probably is an element of truth to it.

MWHIBBIES
11-03-2019, 07:25 AM
Apparently he has been pretty good for them. So while it probably is a bit of a piss take there probably is an element of truth to it.He's 27 with 150 first team appearances. If I was him I'd be embarrassed to get that award.

BILLYHIBS
11-03-2019, 07:32 AM
Surprised that that brilliant soon to be legend ex Celtic Manager Brenda failed to spot his talent and for whatever reason refused to play him in the first team and denied the boy the opportunity to go out and play first team football elsewhere :confused:

Onion
11-03-2019, 07:52 AM

Yes !

jonty
11-03-2019, 08:01 AM
If he was the ****iest reserve player of the year I'd start worrying.
He's a cracking player - we know it, he knows it and celtic know it. It speaks for itself that even on a pre-contract, where he could sit on his arse, he's applying himself, keeping match fit and holding a regular spot.
He might not be at champions league level for celtic, but he'll improve our squad.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-03-2019, 08:01 AM

It is if the stand out player never gets a sniff of a first team jersey.

green day
11-03-2019, 08:08 AM

Thanks, sounds like he's playing well which is for us.

J-C
11-03-2019, 08:34 AM

Is this a wind up post or have you not read any other threads on here? Lawell was being a dick last year and more than likely in January, hence pre contract was signed and he'll come home in the summer, Celtic have treated him terribly by not allowing the lad to play for a team he wants to come to, he's not in their plans but they'd rather muck about with a players career just to prove a point to Hibs. All Allan can do is keep fit and play in their reserves until his move happens.

MikeyS
11-03-2019, 08:39 AM
Like everyone else, I'm delighted we have managed to get him on a pre contract as we all know his worth in a Hibs top but I am a little concerned as to where he's going to fit in with Hecky's style of play. Assuming that he keeps the shape as it is right now. No sure Allan will thrive in a central pairing, his best spell came when he had 2 in with him.

BILLYHIBS
11-03-2019, 08:46 AM
Like everyone else, I'm delighted we have managed to get him on a pre contract as we all know his worth in a Hibs top but I am a little concerned as to where he's going to fit in with Hecky's style of play. Assuming that he keeps the shape as it is right now. No sure Allan will thrive in a central pairing, his best spell came when he had 2 in with him.

Understand what you are saying but us getting Scott Allan in the summer is our equivalent to us signing Messi

Please do not worry I am sure we will find a place for him :greengrin

J-C
11-03-2019, 08:48 AM

Who's to say Hecky will go 4-4-2- next season, he may change to a 4-3-3, I think there will be a lot of new players coming in with a good few leaving. We have a fairly slow squad especially in the middle, I did notice that he changed things at half time to a 4-3-3 set up with Horgan playing higher up the park and we came more into the game because of that.

Betty Boop
11-03-2019, 08:48 AM
Understand what you are saying but us getting Scott Allan in the summer is our equivalent to us signing Messi

Please do not worry I am sure we will find a place for him :greengrin

Messi ? Really ?

BILLYHIBS
11-03-2019, 08:54 AM
Messi ? Really ?

I know :greengrin

My real worry is NL shares my opinion

MikeyS
11-03-2019, 09:03 AM
Who's to say Hecky will go 4-4-2- next season, he may change to a 4-3-3, I think there will be a lot of new players coming in with a good few leaving. We have a fairly slow squad especially in the middle, I did notice that he changed things at half time to a 4-3-3 set up with Horgan playing higher up the park and we came more into the game because of that.

I'm expecting lots of changes this summer & I think sentiment might need to go right out the window when it comes to our back four. All terrific servants and each one a club legend but I think we might be seeing the last of them as a unit. I'd add Bartley to that too.

Allant1981
11-03-2019, 09:19 AM
I'm expecting lots of changes this summer & I think sentiment might need to go right out the window when it comes to our back four. All terrific servants and each one a club legend but I think we might be seeing the last of them as a unit. I'd add Bartley to that too.

If Ambrose had still been here and porteous fit we wouldn't have the current back 4 as it is, still all have a part to play though

Besties Debut
11-03-2019, 10:03 AM
Scott Allan is one of your worst examples of a modern-day footballer. He is money mad with a blinding loyalty to his bank balance before any club he happens to be employed with. You will never see him complaining in the media about how he has just lost a whole season of his career or read reports of him banging on the gaffer's door demanding a game. He is quite content to sit with his feet up watching his bank balance grow. I've no doubt that if Lennon offered him a new deal to stay at Celtic with the understanding he would never play in the first team he would bite his hand off.

JimboHibs
11-03-2019, 10:06 AM

You wanting The Rangers to win the league.

calumhibee1
11-03-2019, 10:40 AM

If he continues with this system then someone will drop out (either Mallan or Horgan) to allow Allan to be the most advanced of the midfield. I’d suspect we’ll be setting up differently next season once he’s got a squad capable of playing a different system however.

hibsbollah
11-03-2019, 11:27 AM

I think you're worrying unnecessarily. Hibs aren't Chelsea and Allan isn't Jorginho or Ngolo K. What Allan brings is the ability to regularly produce slide rule passes that open up defenses. Noone in our current team has that consistent ability. This would be an asset if he was playing centre mid, wide mid, in the hole behind the striker or at left or right back. Just put him in and let him play.

BILLYHIBS
11-03-2019, 11:34 AM
I think you're worrying unnecessarily. Hibs aren't Chelsea and Allan isn't Jorginho or Ngolo K. What Allan brings is the ability to regularly produce slide rule passed that open up defenses. Noone in our current team has that consistent ability. This would be an asset if he was playing centre mid, wide mid, in the hole behind the striker or at left or right back. Just put him in and let him play.

This!

Exactly what I was trying to say

GreenLake
11-03-2019, 12:42 PM

If he starts playing for them we can sign who gets dropped

gorgie greens
11-03-2019, 01:56 PM

Contract is not binding , it is all subject to contract and not enforceable at all .

CallumLaidlaw
11-03-2019, 02:01 PM
Contract is not binding , it is all subject to contract and not enforceable at all .

Incorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
11-03-2019, 02:11 PM

No it isn't. It's a legally binding contract that begins on August 1st.

KeithTheHibby
11-03-2019, 02:37 PM
Scott Allan is one of your worst examples of a modern-day footballer. He is money mad with a blinding loyalty to his bank balance before any club he happens to be employed with. You will never see him complaining in the media about how he has just lost a whole season of his career or read reports of him banging on the gaffer's door demanding a game. He is quite content to sit with his feet up watching his bank balance grow. I've no doubt that if Lennon offered him a new deal to stay at Celtic with the understanding he would never play in the first team he would bite his hand off.

Take it you know him personally aye and he’s told you all this?

Allant1981
11-03-2019, 03:08 PM
No it isn't. It's a legally binding contract that begins on August 1st.

Depends on the wording of the contract

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 04:23 PM
Take it you know him personally aye and he’s told you all this?

He went to Celtic to play in the team believing in his own ability. I would rather have that kind of talent and belief than someone who doesn’t think they will play so stays any day of the week.

Allan was our best player in his two spells with us imo. I can’t wait until he picks up the ball in the middle of our pitch again.

Onceinawhile
11-03-2019, 04:27 PM
He went to Celtic to play in the team believing in his own ability. I would rather have that kind of talent and belief than someone who doesn’t think they will play so stays any day of the week.

Allan was our best player in his two spells with us imo. I can’t wait until he picks up the ball in the middle of our pitch again.

Certain booking.

I read an article the other day talking about pre contracts, I hadn't realised that Darren McCormack had signed one with Celtic, but then binned it to sign a 5 year deal with us. Anyone remember much about it?

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Certain booking.

I read an article the other day talking about pre contracts, I hadn't realised that Darren McCormack had signed one with Celtic, but then binned it to sign a 5 year deal with us. Anyone remember much about it?

😂 Touche.

As for Daz I’m sure it was mutually voided when a manager left. He should have been a top top player before injury.

Jim44
11-03-2019, 05:01 PM

I take it you know the exact contents of this particular contract. Or are you just giving an opinion?

The Spaceman
11-03-2019, 05:03 PM
Darren McGregor was The Rangers POTY and they let him come to us for nothing. It’s not a big deal. Scott Allan is not good enough for Celtic at the level they want to compete at. But he’s more than good enough for us. People need to chill!

Besties Debut
11-03-2019, 05:18 PM
Take it you know him personally aye and he’s told you all this? Aye ken whit a mean liksey

MWHIBBIES
11-03-2019, 05:21 PM
I take it you know the exact contents of this particular contract. Or are you just giving an opinion?Well I'm basing that opinion on every other pre contract in history. They don't often have clauses that say ''if Neil Lennon gets the job and plays me in a few reserve games the contract will be void''

Depends on the wording of the contract

Probably similar to the wording on every contract, very few have clauses that players can just walk away for no reason.

Here’s Lucy!
11-03-2019, 05:24 PM
Well I'm basing that opinion on every other pre contract in history. They don't often have clauses that say ''if Neil Lennon gets the job and plays me in a few reserve games the contract will be void''

Probably similar to the wording on every contract, very few have clauses that players can just walk away for no reason.

:top marks

11-03-2019, 05:48 PM
He may be playing well in the reserves league but that's not where Scott wants to be or should be, he's too good a player for that. I think he will be relishing coming back to hibs. He's said before that we play the style of football that suits him and he plays his best stuff with us. Great chance to get regular first team football again and get himself back in the lime light.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2019, 05:52 PM
He may be playing well in the reserves league but that's not where Scott wants to be or should be, he's too good a player for that. I think he will be relishing coming back to hibs. He's said before that we play the style of football that suits him and he plays his best stuff with us. Great chance to get regular first team football again and get himself back in the lime light.

He didn’t play for Celtic reserves today, think he’s only played a couple of times this season for them

Here’s Lucy!
11-03-2019, 05:56 PM
If he starts making regular first team starts I’ll worry. Until then I’ll not bother.

That's the thing though, he's not good enough for the Celtic first team.

He'll be joining us as planned..

Don't worry!!

SquashedFrogg
11-03-2019, 06:07 PM
He didn’t play for Celtic reserves today, think he’s only played a couple of times this season for them

No point in playing if you've already won reserve player of the year I guess.

calumhibee1
11-03-2019, 06:10 PM

There is literally no instances of this being the case. The only examples of pre contract moves not happening is when the two clubs have came to some form of agreement. We won’t be doing that.

Obviously if we’ve inexplicably put in the contract that it can be voided by Celtic if they fancy it then that could well change. But I’d be willing to put my house on it that it won’t be any different from other pre contracts.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2019, 06:10 PM

I’m not sure where that comment came from, as I said he’s only played a couple of games for them

Here’s Lucy!
11-03-2019, 06:11 PM

:greengrin

Allant1981
11-03-2019, 06:55 PM
Well I'm basing that opinion on every other pre contract in history. They don't often have clauses that say ''if Neil Lennon gets the job and plays me in a few reserve games the contract will be void''

It wont be similar wording as it's not an actual contract

Jim44
11-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Nobody here has a clue about the content of the contract or how binding it might be. The bottom line, although I agree it’s quite unlikely, is that if Celtic decide he is worth keeping after all, they will pay us a compensation fee which will be peanuts to them.

11-03-2019, 07:08 PM
Nobody here has a clue about the content of the contract or how binding it might be. The bottom line, although I agree it’s quite unlikely, is that if Celtic decide he is worth keeping after all, they will pay us a compensation fee which will be peanuts to them.

If they did that, even with a compensation fee, I would hope that in the future when they come sniffing around our players that we tell them to piss off.

MWHIBBIES
11-03-2019, 07:19 PM
It wont be similar wording as it's not an actual contractYes, it is.

Bangkok Hibby
11-03-2019, 07:19 PM
I’m not sure where that comment came from, as I said he’s only played a couple of games for them

Read the opening post. It seems one Celtic fan at least thinks he's done so well in his few games he deserves the accolade. Now there's talk of a first team place

noz
11-03-2019, 07:29 PM
That's the thing though, he's not good enough for the Celtic first team.

He'll be joining us as planned..

Don't worry!!

Even though McGregor and Christie are injured just now he still isnt even quoted on the bench. Liams wee brother looks a good prospect and plays ahead of him just now as well.

malcolm
11-03-2019, 07:35 PM

It is an actual contract but not the actual contract :wink:. It is called a pre-contract as it binds the parties to conclude a later contract that can then registered with the football authorities in the usual fashion.

The ‘pre-contract’ like any legal contract (we can assume that it is properly constructed and not a gratuitous promise) can be breached by one of the parties and the other can seek remedies in law.

When he then signs the registerable contract he could walk away from that too but that would effectively prevent him signing for anyone cause the football authorities would not register it to allow him to play.

Any pre-contract can by agreement be torn up if it is for example worthwhile or made worthwhile to the parties. Indeed the pre-contract could include terms like ‘the player continues to be free from chronic or severe injury’ or that ‘the club continues to be in the top division’ .. we don’t know what is in it but I’m comfortable that there is nothing to worry about:greengrin

MyJo
11-03-2019, 07:39 PM

Given we have announced Allan as signing a three year deal as opposed to just a pre-contract agreement it sounds to me like the actual terms of his return have all been agreed and signed with it due to start once he is out of contract with Celtic.

FilipinoHibs
11-03-2019, 07:43 PM

Pre-Contract legally binding. But registration with SFA will not happen till new contract comes into play. Why they don't recognise a pre-contract. The pre-contract is like a forward contract in finance. It legally commits both parties to a future financial transaction. But a forward contract can be sold by one of the two parties to a third party. Celtic would have to buy out the pre-contract from Hibs. That is of course is possibke if Allan wants to stay but Celtic would have to meet Hibs valuation of the pre-contract. So unlikely as Allan wants first team football and is financially secure for life plus say another 4k a week from Hibs for three years - £625k.

superfurryhibby
11-03-2019, 07:43 PM

Yep, he had a long spell with no football at all.

Tbh, someone with Allan’s talent should be standing out in reserve team fixtures. He’s a very good SPL footballer. The challenge for him is that he isn’t good enough for their first team.

As for pre contract. No way will he be reneging on his agreement with Hibs. Almost unprecendented in all the years this system has operated in Scotland ( with the Richard Britton one being the exception that proves the rule).

Allant1981
11-03-2019, 08:39 PM
Yes, it is.

What part of PRE contract do you not understand, it's an agreement to say you will sign a contract on a set date, it is not the actual contract

jacomo
11-03-2019, 08:50 PM
What part of PRE contract do you not understand, it's an agreement to say you will sign a contract on a set date, it is not the actual contract

Are you a lawyer? Specifically, an employment lawyer?

I will hold my hand up and say I’m no expert in this area, but my understanding is that a PCA is a binding agreement and can only be broken if all three parties (player and both clubs) are in agreement.

MWHIBBIES
11-03-2019, 08:57 PM
What part of PRE contract do you not understand, it's an agreement to say you will sign a contract on a set date, it is not the actual contractSo its a contract saying you will sign a contract?

Its a pre contract because we cant register him now, he has already signed and agreed the contract with Hibs. He will be a Hibs player.

You give me an example of someone freely walking away from a pre contract with no compensation or anything and I'll believe you. It doesn't happen.

Allant1981
11-03-2019, 09:04 PM
So its a contract saying you will sign a contract?

Its a pre contract because we cant register him now, he has already signed and agreed the contract with Hibs. He will be a Hibs player.

You give me an example of someone freely walking away from a pre contract with no compensation or anything and I'll believe you. It doesn't happen.

Yes it's an agreement to sign a contract,I didnt say he wont be a hibs player at any point, I'm pretty sure Darren McCormack had a pre contract in place with Celtic then signed a new contract tract with us

Allant1981
11-03-2019, 09:04 PM
Are you a lawyer? Specifically, an employment lawyer?

I will hold my hand up and say I’m no expert in this area, but my understanding is that a PCA is a binding agreement and can only be broken if all three parties (player and both clubs) are in agreement.

No but have read an article from an employment lawyer regarding pre contracts

malcolm
11-03-2019, 09:08 PM
So its a contract saying you will sign a contract?

Yep - to sign a contract that can then be registered with the first (pre) contract sensibly covering all the terms like length etc you agree will put in the registerable contract. To me it seems all so simple.. but not to all it would seem. Freely walking away could happen if the aggrieved party was feeling generous :wink:

J-C
11-03-2019, 09:10 PM

Allan has agreed all parts of a new contract which is for 3 years, this contract has been signed and will start when his Celtic one is finished and he is registered by us to the SFA. When Richard Britain had his cancelled by St Johnstone it was due to family reasons and not footballing ones, this will not happen with Allan.

Allant1981
11-03-2019, 09:12 PM
Allan has agreed all parts of a new contract which is for 3 years, this contract has been signed and will start when his Celtic one is finished and he is registered by us to the SFA. When Richard Britain had his cancelled by St Johnstone it was due to family reasons and not footballing ones, this will not happen with Allan.

Again I have never once said he wont sign, the poster stated a pre contract is the contract, it is not

MWHIBBIES
11-03-2019, 09:13 PM
Allan has agreed all parts of a new contract which is for 3 years, this contract has been signed and will start when his Celtic one is finished and he is registered by us to the SFA. When Richard Britain had his cancelled by St Johnstone it was due to family reasons and not footballing ones, this will not happen with Allan.Yep. Dunno why this is hard to understand. Allan cannot just walk away from it.

Yep - to sign a contract that can then be registered with the first (pre) contract sensibly covering all the terms like length etc you agree will put in the registerable contract. To me it seems all so simple.. but not to all it would seem. Freely walking away could happen if the aggrieved party was feeling generous :wink:Indeed, its very simple. Allan would have to break the contract (which would have repercussions) for anything to change.

J-C
11-03-2019, 09:22 PM
Yep. Dunno why this is hard to understand. Allan cannot just walk away from it.

Indeed, its very simple. Allan would have to break the contract (which would have repercussions) for anything to change.

The Britain case when he wanted out of his due to family reasons is a perfect example, St Johnstone had to agree to rip up his pre contract, if Allan wanted to change his mind Hibs would also have to agree to it being cancelled, they might not be to happy to do so and could possibly take further legal action, this of course won't happen.

CRAZYHIBBY
11-03-2019, 10:25 PM
He's going to be a cracking signing

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 10:43 PM

😃😃

BILLYHIBS
11-03-2019, 11:07 PM
He's going to be a cracking signing

Third time lucky! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
11-03-2019, 11:21 PM
The Britain case when he wanted out of his due to family reasons is a perfect example, St Johnstone had to agree to rip up his pre contract, if Allan wanted to change his mind Hibs would also have to agree to it being cancelled, they might not be to happy to do so and could possibly take further legal action, this of course won't happen.

Hibs would need to agree of course but if the player made it known that they had changed their mind and no longer wanted to sign for a particular club, what would be gained by making the player sign for a club they didn't want to go to?

I'm not saying that is the case with Allan by the way. I'm just saying that a player holds all the power and if they say the deal's off then it's off regardless of what's been agreed before.

Aim Here
11-03-2019, 11:35 PM
Hibs would need to agree of course but if the player made it known that they had changed their mind and no longer wanted to sign for a particular club, what would be gained by making the player sign for a club they didn't want to go to?

I'm not saying that is the case with Allan by the way. I'm just saying that a player holds all the power and if they say the deal's off then it's off regardless of what's been agreed before.

What would Hibs gain? Simple. The transfer fee as they punt the player on to somewhere he'd prefer to go.

Beefster
12-03-2019, 06:48 AM
Yes it's an agreement to sign a contract,I didnt say he wont be a hibs player at any point, I'm pretty sure Darren McCormack had a pre contract in place with Celtic then signed a new contract tract with us

My recollection of that is that Celtc had to agree to void the pre-contract. If McCormack had been an established player worth millions, they wouldn’t have been quite so accommodating imho.

CallumLaidlaw
12-03-2019, 06:50 AM
My recollection of that is that Celtc had to agree to void the pre-contract. If McCormack had been an established player worth millions, they wouldn’t have been quite so accommodating imho.

And I’m guessing our relationship with them wasn’t as fractured as it is at present.

JimBHibees
12-03-2019, 06:59 AM
And I’m guessing our relationship with them wasn’t as fractured as it is at present.

Cant be that bad we have just given them our manager. :greengrin

calumhibee1
12-03-2019, 07:15 AM

We wouldn’t necessarily keep them but we’d sell them on in the exact same way we would if they’d been at us the previous season and decided they wanted to move on.

Allan will be at Hibs next season. I can’t quite believe so many people are even questioning it.. starting to wonder if I’m missing an inside joke :greengrin

Smartie
12-03-2019, 09:03 AM
We wouldn’t necessarily keep them but we’d sell them on in the exact same way we would if they’d been at us the previous season and decided they wanted to move on.

Allan will be at Hibs next season. I can’t quite believe so many people are even questioning it.. starting to wonder if I’m missing an inside joke :greengrin

Tbh my main doubt about it all would be whether or not Hibs still want him?

Don't get me wrong - I think he's an absolutely fantastic player and he'd be top of my list of potential summer signings.

It has been widely reported that Heck favours a "high press" and that's not and never will be Scott Allan's game.

For me, a team needs to be built that carries Scott Allan and allows him to focus on the attacking side of his game without doing too much defending. Will our manager change his ways to accommodate such a player?

I can't see Mallan having much of a future with us either.

I fully expect a spate of unknowns arriving in the summer, Hibs.net to go into meltdown but for us to actually have a pretty tasty team once our manager has his own players in.

I suspect we'll have none of our current players playing for us in 3 years time.

BILLYHIBS
12-03-2019, 10:47 AM

Don't get me wrong - I think he's an absolutely fantastic player and he'd be top of my list of potential summer signings.

It has been widely reported that Heck favours a "high press" and that's not and never will be Scott Allan's game.

For me, a team needs to be built that carries Scott Allan and allows him to focus on the attacking side of his game without doing too much defending. Will our manager change his ways to accommodate such a player?

I fully expect a spate of unknowns arriving in the summer, Hibs.net to go into meltdown but for us to actually have a pretty tasty team once our manager has his own players in.

I suspect we'll have none of our current players playing for us in 3 years time.

Hmmm!

Seem to remember us playing a high press second half of last season with Flo and Jamie MAC pressing from the front with great success

I remember SA coming off after every game with his strip covered in sweat and a big smile on his face

I would be very surprised if the older members of our current squad are still kicking around the squad in three years time

BILLYHIBS
12-03-2019, 12:10 PM
Talkceltic.net saying Scott Allan Training with the first team squad this week

They reckon NL fancies him as a player :confused:

marinello59
12-03-2019, 12:15 PM
Talkceltic.net saying Scott Allan Training with the first team squad this week

They reckon NL fancies him as a player :confused:

They ain’t the brightest are they? Signing him for us was a wee clue that he likes the player. :greengrin
I doubt Lennon will be there himself next season though.

Besties Debut
12-03-2019, 12:18 PM
Scott Allan has not kicked a ball since May last year. He is coming back for a 3rd time to play for a manager he doesn't know and who plays a formation that's not suited to his game. If it was suddenly announced that we have come to a mutual agreement to rip up his pre-contract and instead use the money to finance a deal to buy Stephane Omeonga would anyone be that upset?

BILLYHIBS
12-03-2019, 12:36 PM
Scott Allan has not kicked a ball since May last year. He is coming back for a 3rd time to play for a manager he doesn't know and who plays a formation that's not suited to his game. If it was suddenly announced that we have come to a mutual agreement to rip up his pre-contract and instead use the money to finance a deal to buy Stephane Omeonga would anyone be that upset?

Scott Allan please :greengrin

The 90+2
12-03-2019, 12:43 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

MyJo
12-03-2019, 01:19 PM

As much as I like Omeonga I would be f***ing raging if that were the case......and I'm one of the happy clappers as well.

I would go as far as to say if the formation we play doesn't accommodate Scotty then we change the bloody formation until it does.

Ringothedog
12-03-2019, 01:22 PM

Deary me 😂

calumhibee1
12-03-2019, 01:40 PM

Oh the banter.

MrRobot
12-03-2019, 01:49 PM

I thought SA had improved his game massively last time, doing a lot more defensive duties than his first time around.

I really don't think a high pressing game is out the questions for SA to fit into - build a high pressing team around him.

Also, FWIW thinking that the pre-contract will be ripped up because SA has made up numbers in the Celtic reserves is pure tinfoil hat material.

Hibsman07
12-03-2019, 01:51 PM
https://www.blakemorgan.co.uk/training-knowledge/features-and-articles/enforceability-pre-contracts-football/

"if a pre-contract contains all the essential terms that have been agreed, then the pre-contract is effectively a final contract and is likely to be binding.". Could be crucial !!

calumhibee1
12-03-2019, 02:05 PM
I thought SA had improved his game massively last time, doing a lot more defensive duties than his first time around.

I really don't think a high pressing game is out the questions for SA to fit into - build a high pressing team around him.

Also, FWIW thinking that the pre-contract will be ripped up because SA has made up numbers in the Celtic reserves is pure tinfoil hat material.

Absolutely. He looked more than capable of playing as a proper centre midfielder last season rather than a luxury free role type player. Would have no concerns with his ability to press the ball (although I’d rather he conserved his energy for being a creative force).

Jim44
12-03-2019, 02:09 PM
They ain’t the brightest are they? Signing him for us was a wee clue that he likes the player. :greengrin
I doubt Lennon will be there himself next season though.

Don’t bank on that. There are some who don’t see him as the next permanent manager but I think there is every likelihood that, if they win the league and cup with him, he will be offered the job. If that happens and his admiration for SA is correct, SA will be tempted to stay there, irrespective of pre contract issues.

calumhibee1
12-03-2019, 02:11 PM
Don’t bank on that. There are some who don’t see him as the next permanent manager but I think there is every likelihood that, if they win the league and cup with him, he will be offered the job. If that happens and his admiration for SA is correct, SA will be tempted to stay there, irrespective of pre contract issues.

Then Celtic can buy him off of us for a £2m+.

Hibsman07
12-03-2019, 02:21 PM

Really ?? why then do we even bother entering into them then?? If Allan wants to renege and stay at Darkheid , which i personally doubt he does, then he will find himself in a ****storm which could end up in Fifa sanctioning him, unless ALL parties agree to dissolving the Pre Contract Agreement. I posted a link above in another post, perhaps you should read it as it explains the legal implications far better than i ever could.

Bangkok Hibby
12-03-2019, 02:23 PM

Well its taken 4 pages but maybe my original question is being addressed. Doubts creeping in?
Apart from Jim44 😃

MrRobot
12-03-2019, 02:24 PM
Well its taken 4 pages but maybe my original question is being addressed. Doubts creeping in?

Nope. SA has signed a contract and will be a Hibs player next season.

Sioux
12-03-2019, 02:26 PM

If Celtic win the league, and that was always a stick-on certainty, and still is, it won't be because of NL. If Lawell thought for one minute that winning the league was ever in doubt, he wouldn't have appointed him. John Kennedy could easily have taken the team for the rest of the season and won the league, but very doubtful he'd have been kept on.

It could be that after the season's end, Lawell will announce that the search for a new manager has been going on for a while, and lo and behold, the best candidate is already in the building!

Jim44
12-03-2019, 02:31 PM
Then Celtic can buy him off of us for a £2m+.

Where’s your smiley? Seriously, I can see a situation where SA changes his mind ( probably based on financial terms) and it would be futile for us to fight against his wishes. I don’t think the financial sanction for reneging on the precontract would break the bank at Parkhead.

Smartie
12-03-2019, 02:40 PM
Nope. SA has signed a contract and will be a Hibs player next season.

SA has signed something, and the finer detail of that will determine whether or not he is at ER next season.

Jim44
12-03-2019, 02:52 PM
SA has signed something, and the finer detail of that will determine whether or not he is at ER next season.

:agree: I’m not going out on a limb, suggesting that SA might very well stay at Parkhead, but legalities of the situation are dependent on the finer detail. I just have a really strong feeling that the contract will not be so binding as to stop SA and Celtic getting out of it at insignificant cost to them.

calumhibee1
12-03-2019, 03:03 PM
Where’s your smiley? Seriously, I can see a situation where SA changes his mind ( probably based on financial terms) and it would be futile for us to fight against his wishes. I don’t think the financial sanction for reneging on the precontract would break the bank at Parkhead.

I can't see it. Mainly because it would pretty much be unprecedented. The only thing even close was the RC boy but the two clubs came to a mutual agreement that was nothing to do with terms of the pre contract.

There's no way Hibs have given SA a pre contract that is different from 99.9% of pre-contracts. His will generally be the same as any other and he'll be a Hibs player next season.

MWHIBBIES
12-03-2019, 03:30 PM
:agree: I’m not going out on a limb, suggesting that SA might very well stay at Parkhead, but legalities of the situation are dependent on the finer detail. I just have a really strong feeling that the contract will not be so binding as to stop SA and Celtic getting out of it at insignificant cost to them.

The contract had absolutely nothing, not one thing, to do with Celtic. They wouldn't have been involved in negotiations at all so why would they have any clause to get out of it?

The 90+2
12-03-2019, 03:38 PM

After all that's gone down between the 2 clubs recently, SJM, saying no to Allan on loan, Lennon situation, Petrie and Lawwell fall out and others, there's basically no danger we will turn around and say "no problem SA, we don't want to argue your wishes mate, good luck" :confused:

The 90+2
12-03-2019, 03:40 PM
The contract had absolutely nothing, not one thing, to do with Celtic. They wouldn't have been involved in negotiations at all so why would they have any clause to get out of it?

Could SA be the first player in history to hand in a transfer request after signing a pre-contract? :greengrin:greengrin

Besties Debut
12-03-2019, 04:11 PM
Let's not forget that the first time he was here we were in the Championship. The second time he was playing alongside McGinn and McGeouch.... let us see how good he is in the SPL lining up alongside side inferior players. There is a hell of a difference between SJM and Dylan compared to Milligan and Mallan

Jim44
12-03-2019, 04:19 PM

You’re right, I take your point about Celtic’s involvement, but my suspicious mind sees SA getting an offer from Celtic and financially backed by them to wriggle out of it by way of compensation to us.

flash
12-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Let's not forget that the first time he was here we were in the Championship. The second time he was playing alongside McGinn and McGeouch.... let us see how good he is in the SPL lining up alongside side inferior players. There is a hell of a difference between SJM and Dylan compared to Milligan and Mallan

And it's not as if we will be signing anybody else to play beside him.

malcolm
12-03-2019, 04:43 PM
You’re right, I take your point about Celtic’s involvement, but my suspicious mind sees SA getting an offer from Celtic and financially backed by them to wriggle out of it by way of compensation to us.

So they’d buy him from us despite not being under contract according to some :wink:

To ‘stay’ there he’d have to sign a contract and strictly speaking he would not be free to do so unless Hibs agreed not to pursue their contractual rights. While the SFA would not register the ‘pre-contract’ it does not mean they’d register a contract signed with another club until the parties to the pre-contract had come to an agreement.

In this case the dispute would be entirely in the same association and I’m not sure they’d welcome their rules and procedures being picked over in court if they ignore the pre-contract. Given the way Celtc have been, if I was Hibs in this unlikely event I would take it to litigation unless the ‘transfer fee’ was way over what they offered for SJM :greengrin

Aim Here
12-03-2019, 04:50 PM

As things stand right now, Bartley, Gauld, Omeonga, McNulty, Daz, SDG, Nelom, Bigirimana, Bogdan and Agyepong will all be out the door in summer. Maybe some contracts will be renewed, but we're going to have a bunch of new players as well as Scott Allan.

The 90+2
12-03-2019, 04:51 PM
As things stand right now, Bartley, Gauld, Omeonga, McNulty, Daz, SDG, Nelom, Bigirimana, Bogdan and Agyepong will all be out the door in summer. Maybe some contracts will be renewed, but we're going to have a bunch of new players as well as Scott Allan.

Whittaker will be gone in the summer also.

Diclonius
12-03-2019, 04:52 PM
Relax. Allan will be here for pre season.

Aim Here
12-03-2019, 04:54 PM
Whittaker will be gone in the summer also.

I forgot he was still playing for us! Hecky's presumably not as much of a Whitty fan as Lennon was.

Besties Debut
12-03-2019, 04:58 PM
As things stand right now, Bartley, Gauld, Omeonga, McNulty, Daz, SDG, Nelom, Bigirimana, Bogdan and Agyepong will all be out the door in summer. Maybe some contracts will be renewed, but we're going to have a bunch of new players as well as Scott Allan. We had to carry out major rebuilding of the squad this season. looks like another major rebuild is on the cards for next season. That's the drawback of filling your squad with loanees

MSK
12-03-2019, 05:13 PM
We had to carry out major rebuilding of the squad this season. looks like another major rebuild is on the cards for next season. That's the drawback of filling your squad with loaneesFilling our squad with loanees, you mean like the whole two that played recently v the rangers ? (One of whom set up the move and the other that scored) Oh and zero loanees on the bench either.

Next ....

The 90+2
12-03-2019, 05:13 PM
We had to carry out major rebuilding of the squad this season. looks like another major rebuild is on the cards for next season. That's the drawback of filling your squad with loanees

Therefore why are you moaning about who Allan plays alongside next season then?

HFC93
12-03-2019, 05:21 PM

We could have two new fantastic midfielders joining Allan in the summer. Who’s to say?

Aim Here
12-03-2019, 05:30 PM
Filling our squad with loanees, you mean like the whole two that played recently v the rangers ? (One of whom set up the move and the other that scored) Oh and zero loanees on the bench either.

Next ....

That's actually the nature of problem - if your best players are loanees, and you've built a winning team with them, then you're completely shafted once the transfer window hits and you have to send them home. There's no danger we're keeping McNulty or Omeonga after the summer - we simply won't be able to afford them.

As for the notion that there were only two loanees - the reason only two loan players were playing on Friday is because the other four(!) were injured. If we're paying their wages right now, then I'd say that of those four, we've only got our money's worth from Bogdan, so far. We do have a shortage of fit players right now, and the loan signings aren't helping much with that!

Famous Fiver
12-03-2019, 05:30 PM
Apparently Roberto Martinez has come rocketing into the betting. Wonder what NL makes of that. Another strop?

In the event of him getting the job does Martinez fancy Scott Allan enough to make him an offer?

If NL does get the permanent gig will he try to woo Scott Allan?

Intriguing.

HFC93
12-03-2019, 05:43 PM
On dodgy loan players. Higgy had Ryan Kent on loan at Barnsley, if he can get in that kind of quality of player in on loan next season then I'll be happy. From what I've read he has a good eye for a player.

superfurryhibby
12-03-2019, 05:54 PM
Apparently Roberto Martinez has come rocketing into the betting. Wonder what NL makes of that. Another strop?

In the event of him getting the job does Martinez fancy Scott Allan enough to make him an offer?

If NL does get the permanent gig will he try to woo Scott Allan?

Intriguing.

It’s not really intriguing is it, because as every second poster on this thread has pointed out, his pre contract means he will be a Hibs player next season.

calumhibee1
12-03-2019, 05:59 PM
It’s not really intriguing is it, because as every second poster on this thread has pointed out, his pre contract means he will be a Hibs player next season.

😂

Exactly how I feel. God knows how this even became something to be concerned about.

MSK
12-03-2019, 06:05 PM
That's actually the nature of problem - if your best players are loanees, and you've built a winning team with them, then you're completely shafted once the transfer window hits and you have to send them home. There's no danger we're keeping McNulty or Omeonga after the summer - we simply won't be able to afford them.

As for the notion that there were only two loanees - the reason only two loan players were playing on Friday is because the other four(!) were injured. If we're paying their wages right now, then I'd say that of those four, we've only got our money's worth from Bogdan, so far. We do have a shortage of fit players right now, and the loan signings aren't helping much with that!Every club has loanees, it makes financial sense to have a mix of loanees and full time players. These guys who have come in are there to hopefully enhance the current squad, they are not signed to take someones place. Bogdan has been good after a slow start, the Man city lad hasnt had a real chance because of injury but its no great secret we need width with Boyle being out. McNulty replaced McLaren so that was a vital position filled and it has worked so far. Omeonga has shown he could be a useful player and the Leicester lad was signed to shore up a defence thats been riddled with injuries (yeah I know he is injured) So fit, all those players have a role to play in this team. If any of them move on then Heckingbottom will obviously move to replace them, permanent or loan, if they compliment what we have, will be interesting to see what he does when he has a transfer window to work with.

Besties Debut
12-03-2019, 06:48 PM
Filling our squad with loanees, you mean like the whole two that played recently v the rangers ? (One of whom set up the move and the other that scored) Oh and zero loanees on the bench either.

Next .... We currently have 6 loan players in the squad and the player who scored against ''the rangers'' is called Florian Kamberi. He was on loan last season but we signed him permanently during last summers transfer window

Next...

Besties Debut
12-03-2019, 06:54 PM
Therefore why are you moaning about who Allan plays alongside next season then? I'm not sure what your waffling about? How does me pointing out that making up your squad numbers with loan players usually results in a rebuilding job at the end of each season as they need to be replaced have to do with another post i made about Milligan and Mallan not being as good as McGinn and McGeouch?

HFC93
12-03-2019, 07:04 PM
We currently have 6 loan players in the squad and the player who scored against ''the rangers'' is called Florian Kamberi. He was on loan last season but we signed him permanently during last summers transfer window

Next...

If we're being pedantic you've edited you'repost from 7 to 6 :wink:

MSK
12-03-2019, 07:04 PM
We currently have 6 loan players in the squad and the player who scored against ''the rangers'' is called Florian Kamberi. He was on loan last season but we signed him permanently during last summers transfer window

Next...Ok, 6 loan players, 2 of which played in a creditable draw with the rangers, a loanee started the move, another loanee squared the ball to a former loanee who scored, damn these ****ing loanees, nae guid, could only get us 10 points from a possible 12

Hibeewilly
12-03-2019, 07:19 PM
Ok, 6 loan players, 2 of which played in a creditable draw with the rangers, a loanee started the move, another loanee squared the ball to a former loanee who scored, damn these ****ing loanees, nae guid, could only get us 10 points from a possible 12
Very true !:agree:

Gmack7
12-03-2019, 07:22 PM
has there been any credible reports suggesting Scott Allan may want to change his mind or that NL is trying to keep him at parkhead?

Besties Debut
12-03-2019, 07:35 PM
If we're being pedantic you've edited you'repost from 7 to 6 :wink: I thought the guy from Motherwell was on loan but it turns out he's not

Nicho87
12-03-2019, 07:43 PM
Are we really worrying about this. He wasn’t even on the bench on Saturday. They had mcgregor, nitcham, griffiths, Rogic for starters out.

not going to happen. Lennon there full time or not.

Keyser Sauzee
12-03-2019, 07:44 PM
Scott Allan wouldn’t be near the Celtic 11 anytime soon regardless who the manager is and will know this himself, hence why he signed the Pre contract agreement. He’ll be a Hibs player in a few months, no other outcome is even remotely close to happening.

Besties Debut
12-03-2019, 07:52 PM
Celtic are sitting with 30 million in the bank. Their fans will rightly be expecting higher quality players than Scott Allan.

calumhibee1
12-03-2019, 08:10 PM
has there been any credible reports suggesting Scott Allan may want to change his mind or that NL is trying to keep him at parkhead?

Nope. Not even any non-credible reports. Or any form of example if a similar situation occurring other than one where the two teams agreed to cancel the pre contract of Britton.. and they agreed to it because it wasn't meaningless like some people are worrying about.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2019, 08:40 PM
Are Pre-Contracts binding?
The enforceability of a pre-contract will depend on the specific terms of the agreement. Pre-contracts are generally not binding under English law as they are usually marked ‘Subject to Contract’ and are simply a commitment by the parties to enter into a later contract. The difference between a pre-contract and a contract is that the parties to the pre-contract have not agreed the essential terms and so the pre-contract does not reflect the final agreement. However, if a pre-contract contains all the essential terms that have been agreed, then the pre-contract is effectively a final contract and is likely to be binding.
FIFA’s Dispute Resolution Chamber (‘DRC’) has had to determine on a number of occasions whether a pre-contract has binding effect when a dispute between a club and a player has arisen. The DRC has generally held that a pre-contract is binding if it contains essential terms such as the duration of the contract, remuneration and additional benefits.

AugustaHibs
12-03-2019, 09:01 PM
Has just replied to mcnultys Instagram photo saying ‘extend please’ so I’m sure he’s at least thinking he’ll be here next year

The Spaceman
12-03-2019, 09:07 PM
Has just replied to mcnultys Instagram photo saying ‘extend please’ so I’m sure he’s at least thinking he’ll be here next year

About to post that! Case closed!

H18 SFR
12-03-2019, 10:28 PM
Close the thread. What a guy!!!!

we are hibs
13-03-2019, 07:59 AM

There is also a hell of a difference between when he was partnering mcginn and mcgeouch and when he was partnering with 2 of Robertson, Craig and Handling in his first spell with us and he still stood out head and shoulders above everyone else.

superfurryhibby
13-03-2019, 08:03 AM
There is also a hell of a difference between when he was partnering mcginn and mcgeouch and when he was partnering with 2 of Robertson, Craig and Handling in his first spell with us and he still stood out head and shoulders above everyone else.

He stood out in a poorer league? FWIW, I thought Allan upped his game on his return. Better team effort and workrate, he also had more of a cutting edge.

BILLYHIBS
13-03-2019, 08:32 AM
Scott Allan wouldn’t be near the Celtic 11 anytime soon regardless who the manager is and will know this himself, hence why he signed the Pre contract agreement. He’ll be a Hibs player in a few months, no other outcome is even remotely close to happening.

He stood out in a poorer league? FWIW, I thought Allan upped his game on his return. Better team effort and workrate, he also had more of a cutting edge.

Agree Superfurry looked pleased to be home played with a smile on his face loved his goal versus Hearts in the Natural Orfder Derby

:thumbsup:

The 90+2
13-03-2019, 08:35 AM

He stood out against a better hearts side than they have now and rangers also.

we are hibs
13-03-2019, 08:49 AM

He got player of the year in the championship that year and I think his second spell and the way he left first time around clouded people's memories of him at that time. He was sublime at times. One of the best individual performances I have seen from a hibs player when we drubbed rangers 4-0 and ended ian blacks career within 30 minutes.

I agree with you though that he was a far better player last season and his work rate was far better too but he was still a brilliant player in the championship for us with lesser players next to him in midfield.

superfurryhibby
13-03-2019, 12:31 PM
He got player of the year in the championship that year and I think his second spell and the way he left first time around clouded people's memories of him at that time. He was sublime at times. One of the best individual performances I have seen from a hibs player when we drubbed rangers 4-0 and ended ian blacks career within 30 minutes.

I agree with you though that he was a far better player last season and his work rate was far better too but he was still a brilliant player in the championship for us with lesser players next to him in midfield.

Fair point.

Can’t wait to see the laddie back at Hibs. He is a rare talent and will add much needed creativity to this midfield.

Since452
13-03-2019, 02:23 PM
Certain players suit certain clubs for whatever reason. Sometimes it just doesn't work elsewhere. Scott Allan in his two spells with Hibs was as good as anyone I've seen in the green and white and im not exaggerating. I'm very excited about him being back in our midfield. The thought of Allan feeding McNulty and Kamberi gives me twitches in my special place. Hope that happens.

Hibsman07
13-03-2019, 02:33 PM
Fair point.

Can’t wait to see the laddie back at Hibs. He is a rare talent and will add much needed creativity to this midfield.

Agreed and i've seen a fair few superfurry. In one quantum leap, what would i give to see him in a midfield trio with Paddy and Sodjer with Mickey and Njinsky on the flanks. Drooling here, but that could be just old age !!!

calumhibee1
13-03-2019, 02:53 PM

His performance against the Huns that day was incredible. Like you said, Ian Blacks career was finished by him that day. When Ian Black attempted to flatten him and he just bounced off Scotty and was left sprawling about the floor like a drunk on an ice rink.. superb.

southsider
13-03-2019, 03:06 PM
Certain players suit certain clubs for whatever reason. Sometimes it just doesn't work elsewhere. Scott Allan in his two spells with Hibs was as good as anyone I've seen in the green and white and im not exaggerating. I'm very excited about him being back in our midfield. The thought of Allan feeding McNulty and Kamberi gives me twitches in my special place. Hope that happens.
And Martin Boyle

Hibsman07
13-03-2019, 03:15 PM
And Martin Boyle

:aok: liking Boyler's approach to an early return from injury. Will only force it if there is something to play for i.e. a place in Europe. Otherwise he will pace himself and be in A1 condition for the new season.
i'd guess the latter is the best bet for him and the team in the long run.

superfurryhibby
13-03-2019, 04:58 PM
Agreed and i've seen a fair few superfurry. In one quantum leap, what would i give to see him in a midfield trio with Paddy and Sodjer with Mickey and Njinsky on the flanks. Drooling here, but that could be just old age !!!

Probably most comparable with Edwards, albeit with some different skills. Allan can make a killer pass and reads people’s runs very well. He’s an intelligent footballer, someone who makes the ball do the work. He’s more of a goalscoring threat than Edwards was, but probably lacks the wee man’s range of passing and crossing.

How would you fit him into that side.Could always drop Jim Black, drop King Paddy back into defence and slot Allan in alongside Cropley. Stanton would have licence to break from the back.

BILLYHIBS
13-03-2019, 05:26 PM
Probably most comparable with Edwards, albeit with some different skills. Allan can make a killer pass and reads people’s runs very well. He’s an intelligent footballer, someone who makes the ball do the work. He’s more of a goalscoring threat than Edwards was, but probably lacks the wee man’s range of passing and crossing.

How would you fit him into that side.Could always drop Jim Black, drop King Paddy back into defence and slot Allan in alongside Cropley. Stanton would have licence to break from the back.

Naw ah would drop him for Jimmy ORourke!

All he Did was score goals. :greengrin

Edit:

Mickey was a better passer and dribbler than Scott Allan lost count of the number of times he would beat a man then get unceremoniously hacked down by the first or the second defender resulting in him winning us a free kick and himself a booking for losing the heid. :greengrin

Hibsman07
13-03-2019, 05:48 PM
Naw ah would drop him for Jimmy ORourke!

All he Did was score goals. :greengrin

Edit:

Mickey was a better passer and dribbler than Scott Allan lost count of the number of times he would beat a man then get unceremoniously hacked down by the first or the second defender resulting in him winning us a free kick and himself a booking for losing the heid. :greengrin

Corky was totally the man, and his brothers were/are mental as,so nae' way Turnbull would drop him lol.

Mickey was one of my all time fave's, played with his head up. His crossfield pass to Gordon, who killed it on his chest then buried it, in the 0-7 humping was world class.

That wee weedgie naff McDonald (later to attain glory as the ****bo manager) was brutal in his attacks on Mickey. Yet who got the longest ever ban in Scottish Fitbaw' at that time ? Aye ye' guessed it, some things never change.

Hibsman07
13-03-2019, 05:59 PM

Would have to be Black i guess.

would be looking at 4-4-2

Herriot

Onion/Dessie Stanton Sloop Shades

Mickey Allan Sodjer Njinsky

O'rourke Gordon

Paddy, as you say free to break forward, LOL i wouldnae' fancy trying to stop him tbh
TOTAL LEGEND as was my hero the Bakerboy

BILLYHIBS
13-03-2019, 06:03 PM
Corky was totally the man, and his brothers were/are mental as,so nae' way Turnbull would drop him lol.

Mickey was one of my all time fave's, played with his head up. His crossfield pass to Gordon, who killed it on his chest then buried it, in the 0-7 humping was world class.

That wee weedgie naff McDonald (later to attain glory as the ****bo manager) was brutal in his attacks on Mickey. Yet who got the longest ever ban in Scottish Fitbaw' at that time ? Aye ye' guessed it, some things never change.

Ah mind being at one game at Easter Road versus Rangers it was an afternoon midweek kick off because of the power cuts played in the usual no quarter given or asked manner Doddy had been niggling Mickey all game put Mickey up in the air Mickey got up and walked over a prostrate Doddy and didnae even wait for the red and headed straight up the tunnel :greengrin

superfurryhibby
13-03-2019, 07:14 PM
Ah mind being at one game at Easter Road versus Rangers it was an afternoon midweek kick off because of the power cuts played in the usual no quarter given or asked manner Doddy had been niggling Mickey all game put Mickey up in the air Mickey got up and walked over a prostrate Doddy and didnae even wait for the red and headed straight up the tunnel :greengrin

That stirred some memories. I recall being there, but thought it was my age ravaged memory playing tricks. Why was the game played midweek? I must have only been around 8 at the time.

eastterrace
13-03-2019, 07:19 PM
It was played midweek due to the miners strike as we had three day working week and power cuts .was at the game as well but can’t really mind much about it other than it was a 0-0 draw
That stirred some memories. I recall being there, but thought it was my age ravaged memory playing tricks. Why was the game played midweek? I must have only been around 8 at the time.

Hibsman07
13-03-2019, 07:33 PM
It was played midweek due to the miners strike as we had three day working week and power cuts .was at the game as well but can’t really mind much about it other than it was a 0-0 draw

Aye ! And Mick McGaugbhey had a back gerden fu' of the black stuff as we froze our nuts off. Lived in a nice bungalow on Liberton Road on the back of hard workin' miners union contributions.... GRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Waverley Carnival was running at that time so we used to go there for heat and light as they had their own generator and power supply. Easy peasy.

BILLYHIBS
13-03-2019, 07:46 PM

It was a League Cup QF Nov 1973 we had lost the first leg at Ibroke 2-0

Alex Edwards also tells the story that after a stormy encounter at Easter Road that HIBS won he ran up the tunnel and gave Tommy McLean a slap as he had been giving him grief during the game. :confused:

Iggy Pope
15-03-2019, 03:33 PM
It was a League Cup QF Nov 1973 we had lost the first leg at Ibroke 2-0

Alex Edwards also tells the story that after a stormy encounter at Easter Road that HIBS won he ran up the tunnel and gave Tommy McLean a slap as he had been giving him grief during the game. :confused:

Skived school and it was the only Hibs game I ever attended with my old dear.

Nicho87
15-03-2019, 10:56 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/celtic-ready-to-bring-scott-allan-in-from-the-cold-1-4890505

Scott Allan related.

Joe6-2
15-03-2019, 11:06 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/celtic-ready-to-bring-scott-allan-in-from-the-cold-1-4890505

Scott Allan related.

Is Lennon doing us a favour, or going to screw us?!

Jim44
15-03-2019, 11:34 PM

Scott Allan related.

:paranoid: me paranoid? no I’m not. :paranoid: me paranoid? no I’m not. :paranoid: me paranoid? no I’m not. :paranoid: me paranoid? no I’m not. :paranoid: .......... he wouldn’t, would he? ......... :greengrin

Michael
15-03-2019, 11:36 PM

Scott Allan related.

Breaking news: manager considering selecting player

Diclonius
15-03-2019, 11:42 PM

Scott Allan related.

Sounds like Lennon will play him if and when needed. There's no intent to keep him there.

Prof. Shaggy
16-03-2019, 12:35 PM

Scott Allan related.

Picture says it all.

Leeann D haircut.

Besties Debut
16-03-2019, 01:20 PM
Breaking news: manager considering selecting player I hope Lennon does play him and he shakes off some of the rust before he joins us.

Jim44
03-04-2019, 06:56 PM
Scott Allan, yet again, not in squad for their match with St Mirren tonight. Given Lennon’s announcement that he was going to try to give him some game time before the end of the season, I’d have thought this was a good opportunity.

FilipinoHibs
03-04-2019, 09:40 PM
Scott Allan, yet again, not in squad for their match with St Mirren tonight. Given Lennon’s announcement that he was going to try to give him some game time before the end of the season, I’d have thought this was a good opportunity.

Think he said league has to be won. Need one more win.

FRes Hibbie
03-04-2019, 09:48 PM
Highly doubt it'll happen but him and omeonga would dovetail really nicely in midfield.

Silky
03-04-2019, 09:53 PM
Is Lennon doing us a favour, or going to screw us?!

At the end of the day, Scott Allan at the time of writing is a Celtic player. They pay his wages and can do what they like with him; whether they leave him in the reserves, play him in the first team or even stick him in goals, that's their prerogative and until he formally signs when the window opens, it has nothing to do with us and there is nothing we can do about it.

Northernhibee
04-04-2019, 09:38 AM
If Scott Allan would prefer to stick with Celtic after they’ve let him rot in the reserves for years then he’s nowhere near the character we need at the club.

He won’t though and I’m sure he will be a Hibs player next season.

calumhibee1
04-04-2019, 10:01 AM
If Scott Allan would prefer to stick with Celtic after they’ve let him rot in the reserves for years then he’s nowhere near the character we need at the club.

He won’t though and I’m sure he will be a Hibs player next season.

He’s our player, he can’t. Unless Celtic want to buy him back.

Borderhibbie76
04-04-2019, 05:17 PM

He won’t though and I’m sure he will be a Hibs player next season.Eh??? Hes signed a pre contract with us in case u missed the news?? And the fact hes been at ER to watch us whenever he can proves where his loyalties lie imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
04-04-2019, 05:26 PM
I've seen this place more sure of us signing guys who have only been linked in papers than Allan who had signed a contract and been announced.

w pilton hibby
04-05-2019, 10:04 PM
Some proactive management from Paul Heckingbottom

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2019/05/04/hibs-boss-paul-heckingbottom-lifts-the-lid-on-meeting-with-incoming-playmaker-scott-allan-celtic-neil-lennon-rangers-steven-gerrard-transfers/

SouthMoroccoStu
04-05-2019, 10:09 PM

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2019/05/04/hibs-boss-paul-heckingbottom-lifts-the-lid-on-meeting-with-incoming-playmaker-scott-allan-celtic-neil-lennon-rangers-steven-gerrard-transfers/

Great stuff

This will hopefully put all the nonsense about Celtic trying to cancel or buy out his pre contract to bed

Nothing but click-bait for the informed online sources

Onceinawhile
04-05-2019, 10:15 PM
Can't wait to see him in the green and white again. Undoubtedly one of the best players in the last 20 years, despite the minimal time he's spent here.

04-05-2019, 10:17 PM

Great to hear. I'm liking Heckingbottom more and more. Already can't wait for next season and we've not even finished this one yet.

Joe6-2
04-05-2019, 10:36 PM
Great to hear. I'm liking Heckingbottom more and more. Already can't wait for next season and we've not even finished this one yet.

Yeah, feels promising!!!

supermcginn
04-05-2019, 10:50 PM
Unbelievable talent, counting the days till he's back. Love him

AFKA5814_Hibs
04-05-2019, 11:04 PM
Incredible that a player so talented hasn't played a game since last season. A travesty tbh. Hopefully a good contract at Hibs can make him fulfil his potential.

Hibee Mac
05-05-2019, 07:57 AM
He'll be playing for Scotland soon if he performs like he can with us for more than a season.

Borderhibbie76
05-05-2019, 09:15 AM
Cant wait to have Scotty back where he belongs...and further evidence of what a great man manager we have on our hands in Hecky

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nicho87
05-05-2019, 09:42 AM
Should have been here a year ago. Genuinely can’t wait for him to be back where he belongs. Hopefully spells the end of slivka, too many chances for Vicky. Couldn’t lace scottys left boot.

Unseen work
05-05-2019, 10:57 AM
Should have been here a year ago. Genuinely can’t wait for him to be back where he belongs. Hopefully spells the end of slivka, too many chances for Vicky. Couldn’t lace scottys left boot.

The end of him? Very harsh.

He’s nowhere near as good or creative as Scotty but imo would be silly to get rid of him. He’s played a lot this season and is a reliable player.

Whilst I don’t think he will start as many games next season, he should stay as a squad player.

He’s one of few midfielders we have that when allowed, makes runs in behind and gets in the box

we are hibs
19-05-2019, 11:53 AM
Heard hes starting for Celtic today.

AlbertK86
19-05-2019, 12:27 PM

Hope not one the **** will try and break his leg

thegaffer12
19-05-2019, 12:31 PM

Think that line up is Photoshop

BoomtownHibees
19-05-2019, 12:52 PM

Na

Allant1981
19-05-2019, 12:53 PM
Think that line up is Photoshop

Yip, he isnt in the squad

CapitalGreen
19-05-2019, 12:53 PM

Christ, some folk really will believe anything they see on Twitter.

we are hibs
19-05-2019, 12:59 PM
Christ, some folk really will believe anything they see on Twitter.

I didn't see it on twitter. What's with the smart arse reply?

Smartie
19-05-2019, 01:03 PM
Someone passed on a rumour they heard in good faith.

Was it beyond the realms of possibility that Lennon might play him today to avoid getting the players he wanted to play in the cup final smashed to pieces?

Can we not give posters a bit of a break?