PDA

View Full Version : '1902 The Play' Back for 2019

Hibsintherigg
09-03-2019, 07:57 PM
Hello Hibees!

My Theatre Company 'Saltire sky' are bringing back '1902' for the third consecutive year to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in August. We are absolutely overwhelmed with the support we have received over the last couple of years and are delighted to be bringing it back once more. Ideally we would like to take this show on the road but in order to do so we need to make sure we make this year the biggest yet. We know that a lot of Hibees have seen the show before but we also know there is a lot more that haven't and we feel that this is a production that all Hibees should see. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the word out there to more Hibees? we have social media but struggling to gain traction! Tickets are on sale from the Fringe website now!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2019, 08:19 PM
Very best of luck, mate, and plenty of us will be along, I'm sure. I'm sure admins could make this a sticky for you at the top of the board. Have you contacted anyone at Hibs about it? Perhaps they could give you a mention in the match programme and push it in other ways?

Mick O'Rourke
09-03-2019, 08:24 PM
I like the number of flags at the end of your post.
Very Zorro !

I have not seen your show, (but i was at the final, 2016 that is,not the earlier win)) health permitting i'll get to see it next time round.
I have some ideas, but you probably have though of, or already did so in the past .

The obvious is to post flyers and leaflet the many bars and restaurants all down Leith Walk ,Easter road and surrounding areas including the posh places "doon the waterfront" for the "ootsiders and tourists"

Also The Hibs Club of course.

And maybe contact the Club and give Rod Petrie two free briefs.

He will like that !

Something gimmicky on the High Street, like maybe kidnapping well know councillor and hertz fan Stevieboy Cardownie (who once denied (when he lived in Clermiston) he was a member of the Clerry Jungle !!) D
Deserves kidnapping for that alone. ( i know him btw)
You could keep him in a green wheelie bin for a couple of hours and contact the EEN and Police
They might tell you to keep him!!

Contact Stuart Cosgrove (BBC Scotland Off the Ball presenter )

I know some dont like this guy.
But he has a "soft spot" for Hibernian.

He also has influence in some quarters.
You might get on the show to discuss the play.
Stuart is very much into theatre.

Good Luck

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 08:28 PM
Pm me I’ll make sure it’s noticed all about George Sq and medical school.

Surely there must be a few hotel/taxi/bus owners or workers who can help out too?

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2019, 08:31 PM
I like the number of flags at the end of your post.
Very Zorro !

I have not seen your show, (but i was at the final, 2016 that is,not the earlier win)) health permitting i'll get to see it next time round.
I have some ideas, but you probably have though of, or already did so in the past .

The obvious is to post flyers and leaflet the many bars and restaurants all down Leith Walk ,Easter road and surrounding areas including the posh places "doon the waterfront" for the "ootsiders and tourists"

Also The Hibs Club of course.

And maybe contact the Club and give Rod Petrie two free briefs.

He will like that !

Something gimmicky on the High Street, like maybe kidnapping well know councillor and hertz fan Stevieboy Cardownie (who once denied (when he lived in Clermiston) he was a member of the Clerry Jungle !!)
You could keep him in a green wheelie bin for a couple of hours and contact the EEN and Police
They might tell you to keep him!!

Contact Stuart Cosgrove (BBC Scotland Off the Ball presenter )

I know some dont like this guy.
But he has a "soft spot" for Hibernian.

He also has influence in some quarters.
You might get on the show to discuss the play.
Stuart is very much into theatre.

Good Luck

Some good ideas in there :aok:

Carheenlea
09-03-2019, 08:59 PM
As has been said, a couple of the cast members or the writer is exactly the sort of guest “Off The Ball” like to feature. Mind be just the sort of thing Grant Stott would like to help promote on his BBC Radio Scotland Show as well.
Social media is still a great outlet if there is an eye catching promo flyer or even better, a video that can be shared and further shared to reach a wide audience.

WoreTheGreen
10-03-2019, 05:27 PM
Seen the show last year -great bye the way.Try the hibs club

Pretty Boy
10-03-2019, 05:49 PM
Been the last 2 years and it's a great show. If you haven't see it then I'd recommend it.

Try and get in contact with the Hibs Talk podcast guys. I'm sure they could help get the word out. As said above it's the kind of thing Off The Ball might be interested in too.

Hibsintherigg
15-03-2019, 09:20 PM
Hi All!

Thank you so much for your suggestions, we have tried getting in contact with ‘Off The Ball’ but haven’t had a response. We need to get the word out there in a big way.

There is a Hearts show on at the festival that was there last year and they are doing A LOT better than us atm.

calumhibee1
15-03-2019, 09:23 PM
Went to see this last year. Absolutely brilliant show.

Leith's finest
15-03-2019, 09:36 PM
What venue is it

WoreTheGreen
15-03-2019, 09:38 PM
What venue is it

Art collage last year -brilliant

Hibsintherigg
23-06-2019, 04:23 PM
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that tickets are still available for 1902 in August, we would love it if you could help us spread the word on social media etc, here is the link to our latest teaser trailer for the show.

https://biteable.com/watch/1902-the-play-teaser-1944026

many thanks!!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

BILLYHIBS
23-06-2019, 04:29 PM
Saw this last year

Guy sitting opposite me looked like Big Daddy

He was covered in HIBS tatts

At the end of the Show he was blubbing like a big bairn and his Mrs was passing him tissues out of her handbag

Brilliant!

Hibernia&Alba
23-06-2019, 06:17 PM
Saw this last year

Guy sitting opposite me looked like Big Daddy

He was covered in HIBS tatts

At the end of the Show he was blubbing like a big bairn and his Mrs was passing him tissues out of her handbag

Brilliant!

:hilarious:top marks

BSEJVT
24-06-2019, 06:21 AM
How would I go about buying tickets for this?

tanfield
24-06-2019, 06:26 AM

Edinburgh fringe website, search "1902" and you should be ok from there

BSEJVT
24-06-2019, 08:53 AM
Edinburgh fringe website, search "1902" and you should be ok from there

Thanks

Not a fringe goer so that's really helpful

Sammy7nil
24-06-2019, 06:01 PM

Is it open to the general public :confused::wink::wink::greengrin

BILLYHIBS
24-06-2019, 06:50 PM
Is it open to the general public :confused::wink::wink::greengrin

They have a box office but you would be taking a chance

The venue is The Wee Red Bar in the Art College Lauriston Place just up from the old Tap O Lauriston

The best thing would be to pick your dates and buy online or from one of the many Ticket Hubs from 1/8/2019

Carheenlea
11-07-2019, 07:53 AM
Just been listening to the “Off the Ball” podcast from the weekend past, and was pleased to hear actors Nathan Dunn and Greg Copeland from the play 1902 who were guests on the show. Some good media exposure for them :agree:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07g6ykc

Green_one
11-07-2019, 10:26 AM
They have a box office but you would be taking a chance

The venue is The Wee Red Bar in the Art College Lauriston Place just up from the old Tap O Lauriston

The best thing would be to pick your dates and buy online or from one of the many Ticket Hubs from 1/8/2019

Booked. I love these a Hibs related things. Have blubbed at a couple admittedly. New venue for me too, which can be interesting in its own way

Dragging the wife along

BILLYHIBS
11-07-2019, 10:37 AM
Booked. I love these a Hibs related things. Have blubbed at a couple admittedly. New venue for me too, which can be interesting in its own way

Dragging the wife along

Enjoy!

:thumbsup:

telford hibbee
11-07-2019, 03:20 PM

Dragging the wife along
Me too. Tried to go last year but left it too late. Got in very early this year.

Pretty Boy
11-07-2019, 05:03 PM
It's an excellent show. I've been the last 2 years and it's a great venue that works perfectly with the show.

Hibsintherigg
18-07-2019, 05:21 PM
Hi Everybody!

Just wanted to let you all know that we are selling out pretty quickly for this years run. So can I urge everybody to spread the word and don’t miss your chance to get your tickets. We are hoping to add extra shows if possible due to popular demand but as it gets closer to fringe time more and more people start booking. As it is a Hibs Show first and foremost we would love for as many Hibs supporters to see the show as possible.

You won’t regret it 😁😁😁😁

Col2
30-07-2019, 09:39 PM
Going to this mid August.

Mrs Col2 doesn’t follow football at all but I am hoping she enjoys it and maybe gets the 21st May thing just a little bit more than she currently does! Looking forward to it.

Argylehibby
30-07-2019, 09:54 PM
Got tickets for this Friday, been going to go last couple of years but never quite got round to it. Really looking forward to it, just have to work out how you get to the venue!

tanfield
30-07-2019, 09:57 PM
Going to this mid August.

Mrs Col2 doesn’t follow football at all but I am hoping she enjoys it and maybe gets the 21st May thing just a little bit more than she currently does! Looking forward to it.

I took my wife last year. She hates football but really enjoyed the show so you should be fine. We're both going again next week. 3 years on the bounce for me

Col2
30-07-2019, 10:40 PM
I took my wife last year. She hates football but really enjoyed the show so you should be fine. We're both going again next week. 3 years on the bounce for me

👍

tanfield
06-11-2019, 12:18 PM
I see a couple of dates have been organised for an extended cut at the Hibs Club just before Christmas...

Carheenlea
06-11-2019, 04:42 PM
I see a couple of dates have been organised for an extended cut at the Hibs Club just before Christmas...

Yes, Wednesday 18th & Thursday 19th December. Couple of us purchased for the Wednesday night and should be good in the Hibs Club which will have a bigger capacity than the Wee Red Bar.

Ticket link - http://hibsclub.co.uk/2019/11/05/1902-play-114-making-hibs-club/

The Baldmans Comb
06-11-2019, 06:07 PM
Yes, Wednesday 18th & Thursday 19th December. Couple of us purchased for the Wednesday night and should be good in the Hibs Club which will have a bigger capacity than the Wee Red Bar.

Ticket link - http://hibsclub.co.uk/2019/11/05/1902-play-114-making-hibs-club/

Thoroughly recommend this show.

Clever writing, funny and poignant.

allyh1bs
06-11-2019, 06:34 PM
Excellent show - if you haven’t seen it, definitely go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk