PDA

View Full Version : 4 arrests during the game

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 06:43 PM
1 identified by the police as a hibs fan. Did anyone else see arrests or was this west of Scotland footballing fans?

macca70
09-03-2019, 07:44 PM
Was there not 1 in the singing section for setting off a flare? Think there might have been.

If that was the case, i’d fully expect consistency and the Celtic fan with the flare last week is punished in the same way.

Carheenlea
09-03-2019, 07:45 PM
Was there not 1 in the singing section for setting off a flare? Think there might have been.

If that was the case, i’d fully expect consistency and the Celtic fan with the flare last week is punished in the same way.

When did the flare get let off? Can’t say I saw it?

macca70
09-03-2019, 07:48 PM
When did the flare get let off? Can’t say I saw it?

I think it was just after we scored, it was in FF upper in singing section.

Seemed to be a bit of a commotion with stewards and Police involved.

Carheenlea
09-03-2019, 08:02 PM

I must have been too busy celebrating to have noticed!

TrinityHibs
09-03-2019, 08:06 PM
There was also a flare in the Sevco end. Upper level right at the front. Just after they scored. Nothing happened

Hermit Crab
09-03-2019, 08:30 PM
There was also a flare in the Sevco end. Upper level right at the front. Just after they scored. Nothing happened

That was a smoke bomb and that was the union bears at the very front of the upper tier.

marinello59
09-03-2019, 08:43 PM
Over 20000 people present and only four arrests.

RoYO!
09-03-2019, 08:47 PM
As I walked down Easter rd the police had shut London rd and had kettled a bunch of the rangers fans. Police were filming the hoard as they worked their way down the street. Not seen any provision like this used before. They are a special bunch.

Pretty Boy
09-03-2019, 08:48 PM
Over 20000 people present and only four arrests.

0.02% of those in attendance.

This terror in the stands has to be stopped.

HH81
10-03-2019, 04:13 AM
Should really be zero as why would you want to get arrested and banned from going in the future? Seems stupid.

Phil MaGlass
10-03-2019, 06:39 AM
4 arrests, thats not bad, its not great either, but nowt tae greet in the milk over.

eastcoasthibby
10-03-2019, 07:36 AM
4 arrests, thats not bad, its not great either, but nowt tae greet in the milk over.

There should never be any complacency, it's always got to be a zero tolerance approach, cos the minute we lower expectations about what is even remotely acceptable, the nurds, idiots, clowns will jump on it as weakness and we will see what we have seen this season and that's an upsurge in idiotic, senseless, immature,plain stupid and self centred behaviour of a minority coming to the fore at every one odours games like we have been seeing.
It all seemed to start of maybe a couple of years ago now, with the introduction by the young team of flares and smoke bombs, it was debated in here and to some degree there was an amount of support for the pyrotechnics at games, hence in my view giving this group a bit of an in road to carry on doing this, and it's become a weekly occurrence despite being clearly Roland warned by the club it's unacceptable, has anyone been identified or banned for these things ?? Doubt it cos other fans aren't reporting it !
Where I am with this is that we need a zero tolerance toward a all unacceptable behaviour from the idiotic pathetic minority, forget the it's only a few attitude ...or we will continue to see the bottle, coin throwing, attacking opposing players ,racist abuse and so on, dragging the rest of us fans into the more labelled cos of a few and the club into hefty sanctions and consequences .....let's get real and support zero tolerance, report/identify the idiots

Carheenlea
10-03-2019, 07:48 AM
I remember the halcyon days when the arrests would pretty much be part of the match stats when reading the report in the paper. Would always look out for the arrest tally at Old Firm games and the like along with attendances.

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 07:50 AM
What is the law/rule on these flares?

bigwheel
10-03-2019, 08:32 AM

Don't wear them outside of 70s fancy dress or retro nights.....[emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frazerbob
10-03-2019, 08:40 AM

Yip, front of section 43, another tit decided to jump onto the pitch to celebrate our goal. Jumped back in the stand and was lifted after a bit of a Rammy with the police. Do these idiots have a brain?

Eyrie
10-03-2019, 08:48 AM
Only four arrests when Sevco visited Easter Road tells me that the police turned a deaf ear to 3800 offences of sectarian hatred.

BoomtownHibees
10-03-2019, 08:50 AM
Yip, front of section 43, another tit decided to jump onto the pitch to celebrate our goal. Jumped back in the stand and was lifted after a bit of a Rammy with the police. Do these idiots have a brain?

Must be 2 separate incidents being talked about if one was in the FF upper and the other in section 43

Keith_M
10-03-2019, 09:16 AM
They should re-introduce terracing and do away with segregation.

Then we wouldn't have such a paltry number of arrests.

Hermit Crab
10-03-2019, 01:26 PM
Only four arrests when Sevco visited Easter Road tells me that the police turned a deaf ear to 3800 offences of sectarian hatred.

You can't arrest 3800 and not all 3800 were singing the sectarian songs.

Killiehibbie
10-03-2019, 01:30 PM
Film, arrest and convict half a dozen at a time. if it's too 'dangerous' to get them during the game turn up mob handed at their house in the early morning.

Hermit Crab
10-03-2019, 01:32 PM
Film, arrest and convict half a dozen at a time. if it's too 'dangerous' to get them during the game turn up mob handed at their house in the early morning.

You do realise how difficult that would be and not to mention the length of time it would take and the resources required. Impossible.

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2019, 01:32 PM

Bang on mate, I wish folk would stop tarring everybody with the same brush. From my seat in the FF I would swear it was only 3,700 singing sectarian songs.

Scottie
10-03-2019, 01:38 PM
You do realise how difficult that would be and not to mention the length of time it would take and the resources required. Impossible.
Look at the resources and time Glasgow's finest spent chasing our over exuberant supporters at the final :wink:

Killiehibbie
10-03-2019, 01:39 PM
How much time and effort did they spend on the cup final pitch invasion? Entirely possible if the will is there to get rid of this illegal behaviour. 6,10,50 or whatever every game.

Hermit Crab
10-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Look at the resources and time Glasgow's finest spent chasing our over exuberant supporters at the final :wink:

Look how long it took them...

WoreTheGreen
10-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Bang on mate, I wish folk would stop tarring everybody with the same brush. From my seat in the FF I would swear it was only 3,700 singing sectarian songs.

Does that include the directors box?

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2019, 01:47 PM
Does that include the directors box?

No :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
10-03-2019, 02:26 PM
Every time they sing a song with sectarian lyrics the ground is closed for the next game and 2 points removed. Stops within weeks.

SeanWilson
10-03-2019, 02:52 PM
Not had the opportunity to come on here until now. Can anyone in or around section 45, row h, seat 209 DM me with regards to any info regarding the person who beat up my brother who has cerebral palsy in his season seat on Friday night? I unfortunately couldn't make the game and his 'carer' was an older gentleman who couldn't do anything. Police and club are also involved, stewards seen incident and did not throw the guy out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
10-03-2019, 03:02 PM

:greengrin

JimBHibees
10-03-2019, 03:12 PM
Not had the opportunity to come on here until now. Can anyone in or around section 45, row h, seat 209 DM me with regards to any info regarding the person who beat up my brother who has cerebral palsy in his season seat on Friday night? I unfortunately couldn't make the game and his 'carer' was an older gentleman who couldn't do anything. Police and club are also involved, stewards seen incident and did not throw the guy out.

Quite simply wow. Hope he is ok and whoever did this is hammered.

Hibrandenburg
10-03-2019, 03:14 PM

Just when you think it can't get any worse. That is utterly despicable, hope your brother is ok mate.

hibbyfraelibby
10-03-2019, 03:19 PM

It is illegal

kaimendhibs
10-03-2019, 03:21 PM
Just when you think it can't get any worse. That is utterly despicable, hope your brother is ok mate.That is horrendous mate. Hope your brother is ok and you get to the bottom of who did it

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

SeanWilson
10-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Thanks for kind words. My brother is ok, he has a few cut and bruises but in all honesty, it's his fear for going to the game now... He's had a season ticket at ER for years and it's his one thing he looks forward too... Ruined by some absolute *******. I believe Hibs will look at perhaps moving his seat now but I want this guy held to account. He lashed out purely because he thought Ross was in his seat (which is the seat he sits in every bloody week). I think probably an alcohol fuelled idiot.

Smartie
10-03-2019, 03:28 PM

That is the most horrendous thing I've heard about or witnessed from Friday.

All the feelings expressed here I echo, but more than anything I hope it doesn't put you brother off attending again.

Edit - and if the club cannot identify someone in our ground doing something like this, then serious questions need to be asked of our current cctv facilities. The assault of a vulnerable person is off the scale unacceptable.

SeanWilson
10-03-2019, 03:39 PM
That is the most horrendous thing I've heard about or witnessed from Friday.

All the feelings expressed here I echo, but more than anything I hope it doesn't put you brother off attending again.

Edit - and if the club cannot identify someone in our ground doing something like this, then serious questions need to be asked of our current cctv facilities. The assault of a vulnerable person is off the scale unacceptable.Apparently this is the section where the CCTV had just been upgraded so we shall see... LD and others relevant at the club have been contacted directly and police pursuing so fingers crossed.

Vini1875
10-03-2019, 03:41 PM

Not impossible. Either it gets stopped or it doesn't. If there is a willingness to something it can be done. I doubt there is any willingness to do anything about them.

Jones28
10-03-2019, 03:47 PM
Thanks for kind words. My brother is ok, he has a few cut and bruises but in all honesty, it's his fear for going to the game now... He's had a season ticket at ER for years and it's his one thing he looks forward too... Ruined by some absolute *******. I believe Hibs will look at perhaps moving his seat now but I want this guy held to account. He lashed out purely because he thought Ross was in his seat (which is the seat he sits in every bloody week). I think probably an alcohol fuelled idiot.

Really hope your brother is ok and he can come back to the football.

There is something seriously wrong in our support at the moment.

weecounty hibby
10-03-2019, 03:51 PM

That is horrible and I hope your brother is ok and it doesn't stop him going to games. This thug must be found and added to the banned and don't come back again list

Crab apple
10-03-2019, 04:09 PM

Sorry to hear that. ****my behaviour. I hope your brother isn’t put off coming back.

SeanWilson
10-03-2019, 06:37 PM
Thanks again folks. The family will make sure he is back again for sure [emoji106][emoji172] fingers crossed the club can assist the police in getting him.

DaveF
10-03-2019, 07:04 PM

Reading this makes my blood boil. What the **** is wrong with some people?

I really hope they catch this ****bag and I wish your brother a speedy recovery and he is back supporting our club on Saturday.

And what the hell do the stewards have to say for themselves? Shameful from them.

SeanWilson
11-03-2019, 02:36 PM
As in update to my post - man in question has been charged for attack on Ross and we're working with club to ensure a ban [emoji106]

BILLYHIBS
11-03-2019, 02:37 PM
As in update to my post - man in question has been charged for attack on Ross and we're working with club to ensure a ban [emoji106]

Good to hear!

:thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
11-03-2019, 02:47 PM

Sent from my SM-G965F using TapatalkSincere good wishes to your brother Sean. Hope the guys named and shamed if guilty.

Some karma required.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
11-03-2019, 02:49 PM

excellent :agree:

CMurdoch
11-03-2019, 02:50 PM

Brilliant!

HFC93
11-03-2019, 02:56 PM

Despicable. Hope it doesn’t put your brother off going to Hibs games.

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 02:57 PM

There shouldn’t be any need for working on a ban, the **** should never be allowed in the stadium again regardless.

Really hope your brother is okay mate and doesn’t put him off going back.

green day
11-03-2019, 02:58 PM

Thats good news, I really hope your brother feels up to going to the match v Motherwell :aok:

DaveF
11-03-2019, 03:01 PM

Good news.

Be even better to have your brother back at ER on Saturday where he belongs.

Jones28
11-03-2019, 04:46 PM

Good. ****bag.

Hope the prick does time.

Fergos
11-03-2019, 04:52 PM

Glad to hear it mate, hope your brother is ok and gets back to ER when he’s ready.

Important to remember that there is more of us good ones than bad ones, best wishes to your brother mate.

GGTTH.

ben johnson
11-03-2019, 04:55 PM

Not having that nonsense.
If he is moving seats come up to our part of the ground
Good bunch and we will keep an eye on him if you can’t make it
Just not on

andybev1
11-03-2019, 09:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your brother getting assaulted - it is strange how things are happening at the moment when there has been little trouble over the last couple of years.
On the way to the gers game, nearing the easter road side of Albert Street, there was a young guy no more than 18yo being held with a lit flare on the roadside - I: can only guess it was for the flare.

Onion
12-03-2019, 05:04 AM

Great solution, one which Police Scotland have practiced before.