PDA

View Full Version : Sdg

Here’s Lucy!
09-03-2019, 05:04 PM
Has anyone else seen the thread on Sickbag claiming that Sir David is supposed to be joining them?

Loons, each and every one of them.

:faf:

Heisenberg
09-03-2019, 05:09 PM
Has anyone else seen the thread on Sickbag claiming that Sir David is supposed to be joining them?

:faf:

Same rumour appeared the last time his contract was expiring. Their material isn’t very original.

California-Hibs
09-03-2019, 05:09 PM
I saw it, had a good laugh!

hibeemikey21
09-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Probably the only player in my time supporting hibs that I would give a pass to if he did it. Wouldn’t alter his legacy for me.

brianmc
09-03-2019, 05:36 PM
Probably the only player in my time supporting hibs that I would give a pass to if he did it. Wouldn’t alter his legacy for me.

Hmmm... Hopefully we never find out. But I don't think I would be so forgiving.
I my eyes it would be even worse BECAUSE of his heroics at Hampden.

Waxy
09-03-2019, 05:57 PM
They’ll hurt forever over SDGs famous goal. Probably the greatest goal in Edinburgh football history.

vercol36
09-03-2019, 06:01 PM
They’ll hurt forever over SDGs famous goal. Probably the greatest goal in Edinburgh football history.

What do you mean ‘probably’?

Sir David Gray
09-03-2019, 06:02 PM

It would break my heart.

09-03-2019, 06:18 PM
It would break my heart.

Me too. Hibs wouldn’t let it happen let’s be honest. He’s a god here and he knows it.

09-03-2019, 06:23 PM
Smells like the sort of rumour an agent would start.

overdrive
09-03-2019, 06:34 PM
It annoys the hell out of them that a Hearts fan ended the Hibs hoodoo.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-03-2019, 06:35 PM

Easy to say that when he’s not wearing a maroon top and steaming into challenges on our players [emoji38]

Sammy7nil
09-03-2019, 06:43 PM
TBH SDG's playing days are coming to an end he is injured as often as he is fit. Hopefully he can be found a role in the club. I dont think he would go to Hearts and I don't think Hearts would want him.

bigwheel
09-03-2019, 06:47 PM
If we have any soul - we shouldn’t let SDG leave for a competitor - give him a playing and coaching contract and keep him a solid gold legend ....

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 06:55 PM
He chose us over them when he joined. There is no way he will go there now. It’s alarming though there’s not been a contract offered yet to him.

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 06:56 PM
TBH SDG's playing days are coming to an end he is injured as often as he is fit. Hopefully he can be found a role in the club. I dont think he would go to Hearts and I don't think Hearts would want him.

Gray has been fit since end November. He’s also one of our best players.

Sammy7nil
09-03-2019, 07:10 PM
Gray has been fit since end November. He’s also one of our best players.

I like SDG as much as the next guy but he is part of our very very shaky defence. He has played 15 out of 29 league games and will be 31 in about 8 weeks. His days of being a first pick at right back may be gone by the start of next season.

Bostonhibby
09-03-2019, 07:17 PM

:faf:The last time they were fantasing along these lines the Southern boy declared them to be self sufficient and look how that ended.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 07:22 PM
I like SDG as much as the next guy but he is part of our very very shaky defence. He has played 15 out of 29 league games and will be 31 in about 8 weeks. His days of being a first pick at right back may be gone by the start of next season.

You could say the same about the player who is not allowed any criticism at left back and I would say Gray has been well better over on the right any time he’s played recently including last night.

HoboHarry
09-03-2019, 07:24 PM
LD herself alluded to Sir David being with us long after his playing days are over. Hopefully that is the case and he won't see any advantage to leaving us in the near future......

Sammy7nil
09-03-2019, 07:38 PM
You could say the same about the player who is not allowed any criticism at left back and I would say Gray has been well better over on the right any time he’s played recently including last night.

Totally agree the whole defence needs a shake up, I don't think any of the back four last night is a guaranteed starter next season.

givescotlandfreedom
09-03-2019, 07:40 PM
In their dreams. He's ours now

Onion
09-03-2019, 07:41 PM
Love Sir David Gray.

That's all.

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 07:43 PM
Totally agree the whole defence needs a shake up, I don't think any of the back four last night is a guaranteed starter next season.

Can’t argue with that but be careful of what could happen in their place I think. Same people ripping Flo should remember Rowan Vine Etc imagine what we could be left with?

We have also vastly improved as a team since Sir David has come back in.

KWJ
09-03-2019, 08:00 PM

Our record with SDG in the team is much better than without him. He's scored a few goals this season too.

I agree it needs a shake up and Hanlon especially needs to turn his form around but David Gray is still an important player for us in my book. Even if he wasn't, I'd want to keep him around.

Sammy7nil
09-03-2019, 08:07 PM
Our record with SDG in the team is much better than without him. He's scored a few goals this season too.

I agree it needs a shake up and Hanlon especially needs to turn his form around but David Gray is still an important player for us in my book. Even if he wasn't, I'd want to keep him around.

I would keep himaround too however he may not be first pick

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2019, 08:44 PM

The stats speak for themselves on this one.

Our record this season when Gray has played a meaningful amount* of time in the game:
Played 20
Won 13
Drawn 4
Lost 3**

Our record this season when Gray hasn't played a meaningful amount* of time in the game:Played 20
Won 4***
Drawn 8
Lost 8

*At least 45 minutes.
**Two of these defeats came while under the management of Eddie May.
***Two of these wins came at home to NSI Runavik and Elgin City.

Sammy7nil
09-03-2019, 09:49 PM
The stats speak for themselves on this one.

Our record this season when Gray has played a meaningful amount* of time in the game:
Played 20
Won 13
Drawn 4
Lost 3**

Our record this season when Gray hasn't played a meaningful amount* of time in the game:Played 20
Won 4***
Drawn 8
Lost 8

*At least 45 minutes.
**Two of these defeats came while under the management of Eddie May.
***Two of these wins came at home to NSI Runavik and Elgin City.

That is point we can't have him sitting in the stand with no competition for his place in the team.
We need someone who can be a regular starter so far this season that has not been SDG our whole defence needs an overhaul.

Pretty Boy
09-03-2019, 09:57 PM
You can practically taste the salty tears reading that thread. He has broken them.

h18eeynick
10-03-2019, 12:40 AM
Highlight of game last night was the standing ovation that Sir David got from the East Stand in particilar for his brilliant booking after Morellous foul . Never seen a booking applauded so well and we all enjoyed it ,

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2019, 02:20 AM
I don't know if I would find it that upsetting.

After years of loyal service and becoming a club legend in the process SDG deserves to be able to take it easy as he winds down his playing career. At Hibs he is expected to bomb up and down the wing …. at the Rust Arena he would have 5 other folk behind the ball at all times helping him with defensive duties and his contribution in an attacking sense would be to watch the ball as its hoofed up the park to whatever battering ram Hertz happen to have up front on the day.

Chuck in a pitch the size of a tennis court which would reduce by about 5 miles the ground he would need to cover in a match and moving to Hertz would probably extend his career by about 10 years …. would it be fair for us to deny such a loyal servant this unique opportunity :greengrin