PDA

View Full Version : Racism in the West Stand

AngusHibby
09-03-2019, 04:58 PM
Have attached a letter I wrote to Leeann Dempster this afternoon as I feel it's of interest to all Hibs fans. Chose to blank out names

Good afternoon Leeann,

Following the idiocy of one fan last night I appreciate you will be very busy today. I do not envy your position at the moment, nor do I expect a prompt response.

However, despite picking up a great point last night, I haven't had the usual spring in my step that typically follow a positive Hibs result (particularly against Rangers!).

My nephew and sister-in-law moved over from Fiji last week and have been living with my brother in the shadow of the Dunbar Stand. X is a boisterous, beautiful three-year-old boy full of mischief - despite being born in Australia and being raised in Fiji he cheers on Scotland whenever they're on TV, whatever the sport. X is just about the friendliest person you could ever hope to meet a product of her life in an easy-going paradise. They are both black.

X told me of her intention to take my nephew to a Hibs game with my brother, even asking if she could take in Friday's game. Given the ugly rivalry between the two clubs I suggested we take in another game, perhaps Motherwell next week, but following the words of one fan last night I'm now reluctant, paranoid, embarrassed even at the thought of taking them to a Hibs game. Twice in the first half a woman, roughly my age - mid-twenties called Rangers' antagonistic but awesome forward Alfredo Morelos a monkey. I wasn't sure of the source of the disgusting cry so initially said nothing. As half-time came to a close she said to me and my friend something along the lines of "I can't stand that chocolate monkey". Her words incensed me and furious I told her to stop and - letting my temper get the better of me - called her a "****ing ****bag". She left a short time later. Despite the engrossing action of the second half I spent much of the 45 minutes shaking my head, relieved that I hadn't taken X to the game.

I know the offender's seat number but I see little point in revealing it to the club given the absence of evidence. The purpose of this email is more to open your eyes to the abuse that emanates from some of our "fans". My brother, never blessed/cursed with an obsession for football says he is reluctant to ever expose his son to potential abuse - this is a tragedy. Some of my happiest memories from my youth have taken place in the stands of Easter Road and I'm heartbroken that x could be denied such joys due to the colour of his skin.

In recent months racist fans in the stands appear to have become emboldened and most of us appear content standing by and switching off to it. My love for the game is waning as a result and sadly one three-year-old may never know the love at all.

Kind regards,

X

green day
09-03-2019, 05:04 PM
Thats brutal.

You did the right thing at the time calling the person out, but to be honest, unless you ARE willing to state the seat number of the racist then nothing will happen.

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2019, 05:05 PM
Shocking behaviour.

Keith_M
09-03-2019, 05:09 PM
People at football games reflect society. If there are racists out there, it's no surprise that some also attend football games.

Wherever they are, they should be called out for it.

I genuinely don't think this one incident is a reflection on our support in general.

AltheHibby
09-03-2019, 05:11 PM
Please let the club know the seat number. You may not have evidence, but by alerting the club they can warn the person and hopefully improve their behavior.

Well done on taking action.

HibeeLR
09-03-2019, 05:16 PM
Report to the club, no time for racism in any walk of life. That woman is no supporter of our wonderful club and the sooner they are all rooted out, the better.

Hibrandenburg
09-03-2019, 05:26 PM
People at football games reflect society. If there are racists out there, it's no surprise that some also attend football games.

Wherever they are, they should be called out for it.

I genuinely don't think this one incident is a reflection on our support in general.

100% this.

scooby
09-03-2019, 05:36 PM
Can't stand Morelos, but it has nothing to do with the colour of his skin, and everything to do with his diving and cheating.
I find it incredible that despite the fact we live in a wonderfully diverse and multicultural society that we still have racists and bigots.
You should definitely provide her seat number.

Pretty Boy
09-03-2019, 05:37 PM
******** behaviour. Well done on challenging it.

One incident doesn't define a support though. Racists and xenophobes aren't exclusive to any one club. A few years ago I took my girlfriend to a game v Cowdenbeath and she was subjected to an anti English tirade from a group of our fans. The flip side was a fair few people told them to shut the **** up.

There's good and bad in every support.

Here’s Lucy!
09-03-2019, 05:42 PM
You simply have to take this further.

Speedy
09-03-2019, 05:44 PM
Report to the club, no time for racism in any walk of life. That woman is no supporter of our wonderful club and the sooner they are all rooted out, the better.

Agree with your first sentence but can't agree with the bit in bold.

People need to be educated, doesn't do anyone any favours to distance ourselves from them and pretend they're not real fans. Unfortunately all clubs have fans who are out of order, Hibs are by no means exempt from that.

Sir David Gray
09-03-2019, 05:52 PM
I was incensed last night as he walked along the east stand giving his stupid gestures after they scored. I didn't even think of bringing the colour of his skin into the equation. I used some pretty strong language towards him but that's just unacceptable.

Particularly when we have players in our squad who are also black. I can't understand people racially abusing opposition players but then cheering their own players who are also black.

It's nonsense.

HibeeLR
09-03-2019, 06:02 PM
Agree with your first sentence but can't agree with the bit in bold.

People need to be educated, doesn't do anyone any favours to distance ourselves from them and pretend they're not real fans. Unfortunately all clubs have fans who are out of order, Hibs are by no means exempt from that.

I get that, although I was more meaning along the lines of what the next poster said, were we have several black players in our squad, so it just doesn't make sense to racially abuse opposition players.

Rocky
09-03-2019, 06:06 PM
Have attached a letter I wrote to Leeann Dempster this afternoon as I feel it's of interest to all Hibs fans. Chose to blank out names

Good afternoon Leeann,

Following the idiocy of one fan last night I appreciate you will be very busy today. I do not envy your position at the moment, nor do I expect a prompt response.

However, despite picking up a great point last night, I haven't had the usual spring in my step that typically follow a positive Hibs result (particularly against Rangers!).

My nephew and sister-in-law moved over from Fiji last week and have been living with my brother in the shadow of the Dunbar Stand. X is a boisterous, beautiful three-year-old boy full of mischief - despite being born in Australia and being raised in Fiji he cheers on Scotland whenever they're on TV, whatever the sport. X is just about the friendliest person you could ever hope to meet a product of her life in an easy-going paradise. They are both black.

X told me of her intention to take my nephew to a Hibs game with my brother, even asking if she could take in Friday's game. Given the ugly rivalry between the two clubs I suggested we take in another game, perhaps Motherwell next week, but following the words of one fan last night I'm now reluctant, paranoid, embarrassed even at the thought of taking them to a Hibs game. Twice in the first half a woman, roughly my age - mid-twenties called Rangers' antagonistic but awesome forward Alfredo Morelos a monkey. I wasn't sure of the source of the disgusting cry so initially said nothing. As half-time came to a close she said to me and my friend something along the lines of "I can't stand that chocolate monkey". Her words incensed me and furious I told her to stop and - letting my temper get the better of me - called her a "****ing ****bag". She left a short time later. Despite the engrossing action of the second half I spent much of the 45 minutes shaking my head, relieved that I hadn't taken X to the game.

I know the offender's seat number but I see little point in revealing it to the club given the absence of evidence. The purpose of this email is more to open your eyes to the abuse that emanates from some of our "fans". My brother, never blessed/cursed with an obsession for football says he is reluctant to ever expose his son to potential abuse - this is a tragedy. Some of my happiest memories from my youth have taken place in the stands of Easter Road and I'm heartbroken that x could be denied such joys due to the colour of his skin.

In recent months racist fans in the stands appear to have become emboldened and most of us appear content standing by and switching off to it. My love for the game is waning as a result and sadly one three-year-old may never know the love at all.

Kind regards,

X

That's awful, you should absolutely provide the seat number. Maybe lack of evidence would prevent any serious action but the club could certainly write to whoever was in that seat saying they've had a report of offensive behaviour and reminding the seat holder of our policy on offensive behaviour. That may be enough to make whoever it was behave in future.

Northernhibee
09-03-2019, 06:06 PM
I was incensed last night as he walked along the east stand giving his stupid gestures after they scored. I didn't even think of bringing the colour of his skin into the equation. I used some pretty strong language towards him but that's just unacceptable.

Particularly when we have players in our squad who are also black. I can't understand people racially abusing opposition players but then cheering their own players who are also black.

It's nonsense.
There was a chap at HT in the pie queue in the Ross County league cup final who was waxing lyrical and said to his mate “What a finish from the darkie!”, referring to Liam Fontaine. Astonishes me that he must have known who Fonts is being in the Hibs end but chose to use that term.

There are sadly way too many knuckle dragging racist cretins around even still.

AltheHibby
09-03-2019, 06:09 PM

It's nonsense.

Racism and bigotry don't require any intelligence or an ability to spot inconsistencies in your behaviour.

Bishop Hibee
09-03-2019, 06:12 PM
Shocking. In the current social climate those that hold these views in private feel emboldened to express them in public. Well done for standing up and giving her what for. No place for racists at Easter Road.

vercol36
09-03-2019, 06:29 PM

Good afternoon Leeann,

Kind regards,

X

Very sorry to hear that AngusHibby - absolutely mind boggling. It’s been five years since I left Scotland, and whenever I go back for the occasional Hibs game, I always feel a bit more distant from some of this behaviour which I used to just feel was ‘normal’.

It’s natural to feel like your interest is waning as a result, but the way I look at it is this - the reason we notice these incidents and remember them is because they’re part of the minority voice, and not part of the collective Hibs voice. There’s far more supporters who would condemn this than support it. For every idiot, I try to think instead of my grandad and dad who supported Hibs their whole lives and became integrated into the community spirit of the club. These idiots will always be idiots...but they shouldn’t ruin a good thing for everyone else.

Gaz
09-03-2019, 06:31 PM
It’s a sorry state of affairs

I am a former season ticket holder and gave it up a few years ago when we had kids. I have been thinking of coming back and getting my daughter and I a season ticket for next season. After being at the game last night I am having second thoughts. The guys behind me constantly tried to start a chant about fernando rickson which thankfully got shot down quickly each time. There was a few racial shout in there to.

One bright point around me was the booing of the idiot that jumped on the pitch.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-03-2019, 06:33 PM

It's nonsense.

If you’re near the front 9f the stand or enhanced CCTV catches your choice language could you and others be in for a letter/knock on the door?

Viva_Palmeiras
09-03-2019, 06:37 PM
We’re all Jock Tamsons bairns. Or so we like to think. It’s not quite as simple as that for some small minded folks.

I’m sorry this happened and would urge to note the seat - why not? Difficult for the club to do anything but if there’s more folks coming forward they can perhaps take some action to warn of behaviour that can caused other fans distress or summit along those line ?

Gaz
09-03-2019, 06:40 PM
It’s a sorry state of affairs

I am a former season ticket holder and gave it up a few years ago when we had kids. I have been thinking of coming back and getting my daughter and I a season ticket for next season. After being at the game last night I am having second thoughts. The guys behind me constantly tried to start a chant about fernando rickson which thankfully got shot down quickly each time. There was a few racial shout in there to.

One bright point around me was the booing of the idiot that jumped on the pitch.

steelendhibs
09-03-2019, 06:43 PM
She probably applauds black players who play for hibs with as much gusto as the abhorrent racial abuse she dished out to Morelos. Selective racism is the only tool she feels she has to try and affect an opposition players game. Really sad, but just shows the lack of decency towards other human beings, and dare I say it intelligence level of some people in this world. Horrible behaviour

SideBurns
09-03-2019, 06:57 PM
I suppose the one heartening aspect of the story is that we have fans such as the OP willing to call out those indulging in such disgusting behaviour. It's the only way to get shot of the neanderthals amongst us. One of the inevitable consequences of getting bigger crowds is that the amount of numpties will increase accordingly (as witnessed at semis & finals).

Luckily, I think we can say without fear of contradiction that racists and bigots form a tiny minority of the Hibs support.

Sir David Gray
09-03-2019, 07:07 PM
If you’re near the front 9f the stand or enhanced CCTV catches your choice language could you and others be in for a letter/knock on the door?

I didn't do or say anything that would get me banned or arrested.

If people got banned for swearing at the football the stadiums would be empty.

cleanyman
09-03-2019, 07:08 PM
Sums up this season

We can point score all we want but we have some serious issues within our support

The incidents this season have been pathetic

Hibs class ? It no longer exists.

Torto7
09-03-2019, 07:12 PM
By all means report it.

The sad thing is that if the law was fully applied yesterday we would literally be dealing with thousands of arrests. You can see why the cops want early kick off times too many f@nnies drunk or drugged out of their faces.

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 07:18 PM
Get the lassie out her seat.

BSEJVT
09-03-2019, 07:34 PM
All it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Well done on calling her out

But you have to take the next step

Box 17
09-03-2019, 07:48 PM
Well done taking her to task but please identify her to the club. You never know, they may have had complaints from others and are in a position to act.
Otherwise she will be back week after week doing the same.

Twiglet
09-03-2019, 07:51 PM
That's disgusting. Definitely give Leaann the seat number and maybe a description of the person. Is she someone who sits there on a regular basis (i.e. a possible Season Ticket holder) or was this the first time you've seen her there? If the person it Leeann can speak to the head of security who can maybe have a trusted, experienced steward (in some spots it's been the same stewards for years in the west) assigned to that area for future matches to keep an ear out. They'll get others over if it happens again.
Not the kind of thing you want to hear at Easter Road. Shame others didn't call her out and point her out to stewards at the time.

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2019, 07:54 PM
Depressing stuff, in addition to the other recent incidents. Again one idiot can do so much damage. It's incredible there are still folk who think they can say stuff like that in a public place. Well done for challenging her; those who behave like that must be made to know they are not welcome.

Is It On....
09-03-2019, 08:42 PM
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere". Dr Martin Luther King jnr

You did the "hard" part so I think you owe it yourself and Hibs to report it.

hibeejoy
09-03-2019, 10:25 PM
Foreign Hibernian FC supporter here from Leith.
I've had to deal with all rasist abuse through several years supporting Hibs.
All I can say I always got it only from ****holes who were named themselfs "supporters", but didn't know that I'm season ticket holder for a long time.
Never thought to report it coz it happend to both home and away games.
I have lots of Scottish friends here and I get a big respect from them all the time.Love Edinburgh and people around me.
Had a few racial incidents on the football grounds and beyond.
Can tell you the stories that make you laugh.

The_Horde
09-03-2019, 10:43 PM

Good afternoon Leeann,

Kind regards,

X

X is a really cool name.

CMurdoch
09-03-2019, 10:53 PM
Well done Angus Hibby.
She will have absolutely shat it when you shouted at her and will no doubt remember your anger if she thinks about saying anything racist in the future.

You should take your nephew to the game without fear of racist behaviour.
I have only heard racial abuse once at Easter Road since the turn of the century and it was a teenager showing off to his pals by shouting abuse at a black St Johnstone player. Hibs supporters told the stewards who contacted the Police who removed the kids.

Not the same as the quandary you are wrestling with but before i took my kids to games i was concerned about what they might see or hear but eventually decided to take them. This will undoubtedly be more of an issue for you at Easter Road than racist behaviour.

Well done again for challenging the racist idiot.

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 11:04 PM
All I can say I always got it only from ****holes who were named themselfs "supporters", but didn't know that I'm season ticket holder for a long time.
I have lots of Scottish friends here and I get a big respect from them all the time.Love Edinburgh and people around me.

Very sorry to hear this especially as you’re one of our own. This is exactly the sort of things the supporters reps should be looking out for/after. I know if Kieran got in and heard about this he would be going radge and making sure the club knew about it and take responsibility over this. Racism in any walk of life is unacceptable, more so as/in a collective group

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 11:07 PM
Well done Angus Hibby.
She will have absolutely shat it when you shouted at her and will no doubt remember your anger next time she thinks about saying anything racist in the future.

Believe it or not I have only heard racial abuse once at Easter Road and it was a teenager showing of to his pals. Someone told the stewards who contacted the Police who removed them.

Perhaps she shat it that a male got in her face at the football confronting her as she was female, not because she’s a racist? Then we have whatabohtery again.

overdrive
09-03-2019, 11:15 PM
Unfortunately, there's plenty of folk who think like that. I personally know several people who voted for Brexit to get the ”blacks/Asians/Polish”, etc. out of the country. Someone explained to me recently how every Polish person in the UK was only here to commit an elaborate fraud involving putting their kids into one day of P1 before immediately going back to Poland the next day and claiming UK benefits until the day they die. They couldn't explain to me why there were then Polish kids here older than P1 age, or indeed any Polish people here for any longer than a day at a time.

Tornadoes70
09-03-2019, 11:26 PM
Unfortunately, there's plenty of folk who think like that. I personally know several people who voted for Brexit to get the ”blacks/Asians/Polish”, etc. out of the country. Someone explained to me recently how every Polish person in the UK was only here to commit an elaborate fraud involving putting their kids into one day of P1 before immediately going back to Poland the next day and claiming UK benefits until the day they die. They couldn't explain to me why there were then Polish kids here older than P1 age, or indeed any Polish people here for any longer than a day at a time.

There are of course many very ordinary working class completely non-racists who voted for Brexit because the EU is being run as a greed is good ultra conservative capitalist cabal.

Racists come from every side of debates. I know of plenty snp supporters who are extremely anti English which is also abhorrent.

Please refrain from blaming Brexit for deep seated abhorrent racism as its far more complex than being anti EU.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Pretty Boy
09-03-2019, 11:27 PM

I've given up even trying to argue about stuff like that in my work now. A standard conversation goes:

'Bloody Poles here taking all the jobs'
***silence****
'and taking health care are they aren't entitled to'
'why aren't they entitled to it?'
'because they don't pay tax, only here for the benefits'
'but you just said they were taking all the jobs'
'well they are but you know what I mean'.

There then usually follows a ridiculously loaded and highly unlikely hypothetical scenario:

'So just say your daughter and a Syrian baby needed the same operation but there was only money for one of them to have it who would you pick. Answer me that, go on answer me that'

CMurdoch
09-03-2019, 11:29 PM
Perhaps she shat it that a male got in her face at the football confronting her as she was female, not because she’s a racist? Then we have whatabohtery again.

She would have complained to a steward in that case.
I think Angus has left her in no doubt what he is annoyed about.
Hence no complaint.

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 11:30 PM
Polish people here are now more Scottish than the racists ****bags that walk our streets off their nuts. It’s weird because there’s not many academic polish people in my line of work which is mainly Europeans but you never get any bother off them ever and they are always hard working and nice People. Also at the same time their children/grandchildren and them are Scottish. There’s no hidden agenda.

AngusHibby
09-03-2019, 11:31 PM

Excuse me? Have I missed something?

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 11:32 PM
She would have complained to a steward in that case.
I think Angus has left her in no doubt what he is annoyed about.
Hence no complaint.

You now have an embarrrased lassie probably scared to go back to her seat because emotions got the better of her, scared of the boy in front. Or that’s how she can play it.

AngusHibby
09-03-2019, 11:32 PM

Sorry to hear that. You're a far more important fan to the club than they ever will be

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 11:35 PM
Excuse me? Have I missed something?

We are talking whataboutery. She can easily turn you confronting her into her leaving because a male had a go at her and round and round it goes.

IberianHibernian
09-03-2019, 11:52 PM
Can tell you the stories that make you laugh. Sad to hear this . Would say the same if you`d suffered abuse from fans on your first visit to Easter Road ( having a season ticket is irrelevant ) or as an away supporter . Word " foreign " shouldn`t exist at Easter Road - we go to matches to watch Hibernian FC not because we`re Scottish / British / anything else .

WeeRussell
10-03-2019, 12:10 AM
Sad thing is it doesn’t even surprise me reading this. Should all take whatever action we can to limit and ultimately rid shameful behaviour at Easter road and from our travelling support.

Bostonhibby
10-03-2019, 12:47 AM
I've given up even trying to argue about stuff like that in my work now. A standard conversation goes:

'Bloody Poles here taking all the jobs'
***silence****
'and taking health care are they aren't entitled to'
'why aren't they entitled to it?'
'because they don't pay tax, only here for the benefits'
'but you just said they were taking all the jobs'
'well they are but you know what I mean'.

There then usually follows a ridiculously loaded and highly unlikely hypothetical scenario:

'So just say your daughter and a Syrian baby needed the same operation but there was only money for one of them to have it who would you pick. Answer me that, go on answer me that'Loads of Poles/East Europeans down here. They're mostly the ones doing all the work and paying all the tax and NI that goes with it.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 01:24 AM
I personally do not see why that is any worse than shouting out that a player is an effing pr1ck.

There is far far more of that and I have certainly shouted at a match that so and so is a bawbag, pr1ck etc etc probably along with the majority of the stadium.

That's my opinion though. I do not see why calling a player a pr1ck is any more or less acceptable than calling one a monkey.

BoomtownHibees
10-03-2019, 01:32 AM
I personally do not see why that is any worse than shouting out that a player is an effing pr1ck.

There is far far more of that and I have certainly shouted at a match that so and so is a bawbag, pr1ck etc etc probably along with the majority of the stadium.

That's my opinion though. I do not see why calling a player a pr1ck is any more or less acceptable than calling one a monkey.

Seriously? Wow 😳

Hibernia&Alba
10-03-2019, 01:34 AM

That really should be obvious.

1875godsgift
10-03-2019, 01:34 AM

Really?

Dalianwanda
10-03-2019, 01:40 AM

What the absolute ****!?!? So name calling and division is fine with you? Your ok with this?

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 01:43 AM
Really?

Aye really. Why is shouting anything abuse brushed aside the minute race comes into it?

I see on lots of occasions outside of football it seems OK to not like the French I have seen that on loads of occasions and it's never met with the same levels of distaste.

People say things in the hope it upsets them. So for me abuse is abuse and it's upto how the person who receives it takes it also.

What if Morelos heard it and said it didn't bother him but we called out say Halliday he heard somebody call him a pr1ck and it bothered him.

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 01:44 AM
What the absolute ****!?!? So name calling and division is fine with you? Your ok with this?

Where did I say I was OK with it? So is name calling OK? You seem then OK with that. Just because I have shouted out at a match doesn't make it OK.

Not calling out a player due to colour doesn't make all other "name calling" OK either. I'm not proud of my behaviour in the heat of moment calling players names non ever race related I may add.

If everyone comes into this debate with clean hands then great but I very much doubt they do. I will certainly not accept anyone on here calling out my views that has even once shouted out a derogatory remark to a player.

Shouting out abuse at a match is unacceptable irrespective of it being fat, thin black etc etc.

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 01:56 AM
That really should be obvious.

What's obvious about it? Is calling a player a wife beater worse than calling one a pr1ck? Is calling a player a wife beater worse than calling a player a monkey?

To different people certain things will be deemed worse. So out of interest what's the cutoff point in shouting at players when it's mot a race related shout? Calling a player a peado? I have heard that sort of remark far more than anything on a racial front.

Out of interest would the OP have written a letter if the person had called Morelos a peado? Maybe they wouldn't have found that as offensive but perhaps others would.

HibeeHibernian4
10-03-2019, 02:06 AM

Make your next one a water, pal. :rolleyes:

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 02:19 AM

Aye OK then.

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 02:50 AM

How about: yeah all abuse isn't acceptable but I think racist abuse is worse so I disagree with you on that.

Instead let's come up with some p1sh about having to much to drink. Aye OK then.

poolman
10-03-2019, 02:53 AM

Good afternoon Leeann,

Kind regards,

X

Give the seat number so they can identify the person

It's the only way to get rid of these ****bags

HibeeHibernian4
10-03-2019, 03:29 AM
How about: yeah all abuse isn't acceptable but I think racist abuse is worse so I disagree with you on that.

Instead let's come up with some p1sh about having to much to drink. Aye OK then.

Just trying to give you an out. If you think something like that sober then I don't know what there is to say.

makaveli1875
10-03-2019, 05:13 AM
Just ban supporters, play football games in empty stadiums, televise all the games and folk can shout abuse and chuck coins at the TV. Nobody gets hit by flying objects, nobody has to listen to things that offend them.

Fuzzywuzzy
10-03-2019, 06:19 AM

Holy ****!!!!

Just Alf
10-03-2019, 07:32 AM

That's my opinion though. I do not see why calling a player a pr1ck is any more or less acceptable than calling one a monkey.Any player can be a pr1ck be they white, yellow or black, hell, even a green guy from outer space.... Only one type of player gets called a monkey in derogatory terms.

I'm hoping that as I read the thread you've admitted an error (easily done on here when typing a quick response/too much beer, we've all been there), if not then I'm,..... Speechless...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 07:54 AM
Any player can be a pr1ck be they white, yellow or black, hell, even a green guy from outer space.... Only one type of player gets called a monkey in derogatory terms.

I'm hoping that as I read the thread you've admitted an error (easily done on here when typing a quick response/too much beer, we've all been there), if not then I'm,..... Speechless...

Remain speechless then. So any player can be a pr1ck so that's fine as it's not a racial chant it's OK? What about peado, wife beater? I have heard all of these a lot more than a player being singled out for race.

I will be confident in saying that the woman who called him a monkey was not the only person in the stadium who made a racist remark about him.

So your speechless that I group all abuse together yet it appears other name calling of non race appears to be OK.

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 08:04 AM
Just trying to give you an out. If you think something like that sober then I don't know what there is to say.

I do not need an out I think racial abuse is unacceptable I think name calling players is unacceptable. You thus far only appear to be finding racial abuse unacceptable so maybe you need the out.

So disagree and mention the fact that shouting out things that are not racist is also unacceptable? Don't try and be funny about it like your doing me a favour.

It seems those who disagree are like well ye know it's not racial so that's awrite so calling a player a monkey is well worse than calling one a bawbag etc so he doesn't know what he is talking about.

You seem to be focused on my original points and not said anything about players being called wife beaters or peados. Both shouts I have heard a plenty.

Well I know my behavior at games looking at myself I would never say some of the stuff I shout to the players on the street and it seems once in a stadium I can shout out that Stephen Naismith is a wee prick and nobody bat's an eye. It really is a strange place a football stadium.

Just Alf
10-03-2019, 08:07 AM
Remain speechless then. So any player can be a pr1ck so that's fine as it's not a racial chant it's OK? What about peado, wife beater? I have heard all of these a lot more than a player being singled out for race.

I will be confident in saying that the woman who called him a monkey was not the only person in the stadium who made a racist remark about him.

So your speechless that I group all abuse together yet it appears other name calling of non race appears to be OK.

You said
"I personally do not see why that is any worse than shouting out that a player is an effing pr1ck."

I'm replying to that and saying I believe that singling a guy out for abuse that way is worse, not that one is OK and the other isn't... I'm guessing you know that though.

Re others in the stadium, I think you're probably right, what aboutery isnt a great argument though.

Jones28
10-03-2019, 08:08 AM

What planet are you on?

andyf5
10-03-2019, 08:10 AM
Correct. Racist abuse is not allowed in the workplace or anywhere else. You can however call someones mother a mattress.

weecounty hibby
10-03-2019, 08:11 AM

I really hope you wake up in the morning and have a think about what you have posted and realise that is is a ridiculous thing to say

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 08:14 AM
You said
"I personally do not see why that is any worse than shouting out that a player is an effing pr1ck."

I'm replying to that and saying I believe that singling a guy out for abuse that way is worse, not that one is OK and the other isn't... I'm guessing you know that though.

Re others in the stadium, I think you're probably right, what aboutery isnt a great argument though.

We have a different opinion that's fine. However I do not need patronising nonsense over it.

Pretty Boy
10-03-2019, 08:19 AM
Is it really possible to just lump all abuse together? As an example would calling a Rangers fan a 'hun' and singing a song about the Ibrox disaster really fall into the same category?

Calling someone a prick or whatever may be distasteful to some but it's a generalised go to insult. That's not the same as saying it's acceptable. As soon as you start with the 'monkey', 'paki', 'fenian' or whatever you are very specifically targeting a certain group for a specific reason and escalating the insult.

I'd also lump the chronic 'paedo' patter into the latter group too. In part because it's pretty grim to be making light of child abuse and also because it's very possible there is a whole Pandora's Box waiting to be opened, if it hasn't been already, regarding abuse in Scottish football and not many clubs are going to look good at the end of it.

Phil MaGlass
10-03-2019, 08:19 AM
To be honest, I didnt think I would ever hear of Hibs fans giving racist abuse. Now it seems to have happened a couple of times, songs allegedely sung about Broonies sister and the Ibrox disaster, FFS when is this nonsense going to stop.
Self policing, we need to step up to the plate and back fans confronting this BS, years ago i remember seeing someone have a tricolour ripped out of their hands at ER when Tom Hart(?) said no more tricolours.
(Although nowadays tricolours at ER are more to do with our fan base).

Theres nae place for this at my club.
Call the morons out, the decent supporters also need more support from the stewards and police with this.

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 08:20 AM
I really hope you wake up in the morning and have a think about what you have posted and realise that is is a ridiculous thing to say

Why do you hope that? I do not need your "hope" I think something different from you big deal.

Hibrandenburg
10-03-2019, 08:21 AM
What's obvious about it? Is calling a player a wife beater worse than calling one a pr1ck? Is calling a player a wife beater worse than calling a player a monkey?

To different people certain things will be deemed worse. So out of interest what's the cutoff point in shouting at players when it's mot a race related shout? Calling a player a peado? I have heard that sort of remark far more than anything on a racial front.

Out of interest would the OP have written a letter if the person had called Morelos a peado? Maybe they wouldn't have found that as offensive but perhaps others would.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or don't actually realise the utter stupidity of that post.

You choose to be a wife beater, you don't choose your skin colour, race, sex, sexuality or ethnic background. You've chosen to accept racism, expect some abuse.

Just Alf
10-03-2019, 08:21 AM
Patronising?

That's the come back when someone's dug themselves a wee hole then can't see a way to get themselves out of it.

Next box to be ticked will be some sort of attack as I'm guessing you'll no longer want to admit you were a wee bit hasty last night.

BoomtownHibees
10-03-2019, 08:22 AM
I do not need an out I think racial abuse is unacceptable I think name calling players is unacceptable. You thus far only appear to be finding racial abuse unacceptable so maybe you need the out.

So disagree and mention the fact that shouting out things that are not racist is also unacceptable? Don't try and be funny about it like your doing me a favour.

It seems those who disagree are like well ye know it's not racial so that's awrite so calling a player a monkey is well worse than calling one a bawbag etc so he doesn't know what he is talking about.

You seem to be focused on my original points and not said anything about players being called wife beaters or peados. Both shouts I have heard a plenty.

Well I know my behavior at games looking at myself I would never say some of the stuff I shout to the players on the street and it seems once in a stadium I can shout out that Stephen Naismith is a wee prick and nobody bat's an eye. It really is a strange place a football stadium.

If you can’t see the difference in calling Naismith a “wee prick” to calling a black player a monkey then you have issues

Beefster
10-03-2019, 08:22 AM

I used to quite enjoy your posts when you were Carlsberg but, under this new username, you’ve become a bit of a car crash, if I’m honest.

Most of us who are white will have been called a prick many times but never a monkey. In a nutshell, that’s the difference.

bigwheel
10-03-2019, 08:23 AM
To be honest, I didnt think I would ever hear of Hibs fans giving racist abuse. Now it seems to have happened a couple of times, songs allegedely sung about Broonies sister and the Ibrox disaster, FFS when is this nonsense going to stop.
Self policing, we need to step up to the plate and back fans confronting this BS, years ago i remember seeing someone have a tricolour ripped out of their hands at ER when Tom Hart(?) said no more tricolours.

Call the morons out, the decent supporters also need more support from the stewards and police with this.

Agreed...if they want to sing that we should stand up against it....if they don't like it, they should **** off to another club...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 08:25 AM
Is it really possible to just lump all abuse together? As an example would calling a Rangers fan a 'hun' and singing a song about the Ibrox disaster really fall into the same category?

Calling someone a prick or whatever may be distasteful to some but it's a generalised go to insult. That's not the same as saying it's acceptable. As soon as you start with the 'monkey', 'paki', 'fenian' or whatever you are very specifically targeting a certain group for a specific reason and escalating the insult.

I'd also lump the chronic 'paedo' patter into the latter group too. In part because it's pretty grim to be making light of child abuse and also because it's very possible there is a whole Pandora's Box waiting to be opened, if it hasn't been already, regarding abuse in Scottish football and not many clubs are going to look good at the end of it.

Good points well made PB OK I guess there is different levels within what I said. I would choose to call Morelos a pr1ck however somebody else's first thought might be to mention his skin colour.

I think in a football stadium it all just is a nonsense and I cannot believe the way I probably act and shout at games I would never do outside.

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 08:26 AM
If you can’t see the difference in calling Naismith a “wee prick” to calling a black player a monkey then you have issues

I don't have issues. I do see a difference. I am talking about behavior in a football stadium being unacceptable irrespective of the chant.

hibsbollah
10-03-2019, 08:29 AM
Good points well made PB. I would choose to call Morelos a pr1ck however somebody else's first thought might be to mention his skin colour.

It still doesn't sound like the difference between the two things has sunk in.

BoomtownHibees
10-03-2019, 08:32 AM
I don't have issues. I do see a difference. I am talking about behavior in a football stadium being unacceptable irrespective of the chant.

Your first post on the subject said “I personally do not see why that is any worse than shouting out that a player is an effing pr1ck”

So you do see a difference but don’t think one is any worse than the other? That’s worrying

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 08:32 AM
It still doesn't sound like the difference between the two things has sunk in.

It didn't need to sink in. I am stating that the behaviour in a football stadium in general is unacceptable and it comes across that up until a racial slur is said anything goes. That is all.

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 08:39 AM
Your first post on the subject said “I personally do not see why that is any worse than shouting out that a player is an effing pr1ck”

So you do see a difference but don’t think one is any worse than the other? That’s worrying

I see a difference in calling a player a prick, a peado, a gay, black etc etc. OK maybe the point was not made as clearly then. I do not understand why people can shout what they like but when it gets to race the line is crossed.

I am asking is there a line to start with as it appears OK to shout certain things or its just normal. OK prick was probably the wrong term but I have heard lots of people calling players a Peado a lot more than race.

Would you say report that being shouted?

BoomtownHibees
10-03-2019, 08:42 AM
I see a difference in calling a player a prick, a peado, a gay, black etc etc. OK maybe the point was not made as clearly then. I do not understand why people can shout what they like but when it gets to race the line is crossed.

I am asking is there a line to start with as it appears OK to shout certain things or its just normal. OK prick was probably the wrong term but I have heard lots of people calling players a Peado a lot more than race.

Paedo shouts are horrific as well however not illegal so not sure reporting them would do much

hibsbollah
10-03-2019, 08:43 AM

Sometimes it's best to just take the fingers off the keys I reckon.

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 08:45 AM
Paedo shouts are horrific as well however not illegal so not sure reporting them would do much

The OP is perfectly correct to call out the person. If someone was shouting that a player was a peado next to LD you are saying she cannot do anything? I thought you can report unacceptable behaviour irrespect of law?

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 08:47 AM
Sometimes it's best to just take the fingers off the keys I reckon.

Do you, thanks for letting me know this gem.

BoomtownHibees
10-03-2019, 08:51 AM
The OP is perfectly correct to call out the person. If someone was shouting that a player was a peado next to LD you are saying she cannot do anything? I thought you can report unacceptable behaviour irrespect of law?

She could tell the person to shut up and behave I suppose. What comes under the “unacceptable behaviour” banner? Racist, sectarian, homophobic abuse certainly would but calling someone a paedo? I don’t know

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 08:55 AM
Look what I have said has maybe just not came over correctly and that's on me. I probably have not explained things correctly from my first post as I do not think calling a player a pr1ck is the same as a lot of what has been said.

I should probably have stated that lots of abuse just gets brushed aside instead of saying its all the same. So in the manner of Dick Emmery "Dad.... I think I got it wrong again".

Hibrandenburg
10-03-2019, 09:02 AM
Look what I have said has maybe just not came over correctly and that's on me. I probably have not explained things correctly from my first post as I do not think calling a player a pr1ck is the same as a lot of what has been said.

I should probably have stated that lots of abuse just gets brushed aside instead of saying its all the same. So in the manner of Dick Emmery "Dad.... I think I got it wrong again".

Fair comment, we all have foot n mouth syndrome from time to time. It's what we believe and think sometimes that matters and not how we communicate those thoughts.

Superfurry72
10-03-2019, 09:13 AM

I overheard some young boys singing a disgusting song about Fernando Ricksen on Leith Walk after the game. I asked them to stop and got a mouthful of abuse. There does seem to be a lot of this stuff creeping in...my nine-year old son wants to come to a game but I’m reluctant as I don’t want to expose him to this nonsense.

Hedlund12
10-03-2019, 10:16 AM

Great post and totally with you on this one.
You'd better be careful though... you'll be getting called out by the anti "grass" brigade! Sadly something that I hear far too often from an element of the Hibs support.
"Grass" is also something that is commonly used at my son's high school. It's a term used by the cowardly bullies who can't stand it when they are called out by decent folk in the school who are sick of their pathetic behaviour.

overdrive
10-03-2019, 10:23 AM
There are of course many very ordinary working class completely non-racists who voted for Brexit because the EU is being run as a greed is good ultra conservative capitalist cabal.

Racists come from every side of debates. I know of plenty snp supporters who are extremely anti English which is also abhorrent.

Please refrain from blaming Brexit for deep seated abhorrent racism as its far more complex than being anti EU.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Where did I blame Brexit on racism in that post? I said that the racism has come up in the context of people explaining why they voted for Brexit. I've heard a multitude of reasons given from stopping the red tape, stopping giving money to the EU, security and bizarrely because ”I thought it would be funny”. The most common one though is immigration (whether that's for racist motives or otherwise).

jacomo
10-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Where did I blame Brexit on racism in that post? I said that the racism has come up in the context of people explaining why they voted for Brexit. I've heard a multitude of reasons given from stopping the red tape, stopping giving money to the EU, security and bizarrely because ”I thought it would be funny”. The most common one though is immigration (whether that's for racist motives or otherwise).

Incidents of racism across the UK have spiked since 2016. There is no doubt about that. People now feel emboldened to express their views.

The independence ref also provoked a spike in some pretty nasty xenophobia.

This is happening across the Western world, from USA to Poland. It is deeply depressing.

Lendo
10-03-2019, 10:39 AM
Incidents of racism across the UK have spiked since 2016. There is no doubt about that. People now feel emboldened to express their views.

This is happening across the Western world, from USA to Poland. It is deeply depressing.

“Not every Brexit Voter is a racist, but every racist is a Brexit voter”

judas
10-03-2019, 10:48 AM

Good afternoon Leeann,

Kind regards,

X

You didn’t call the person out and you should have provided the club with the seat number regardless of the outcome you perceived.

At Watford games, one is asked to send a text with your seat number to the club if your are near an anti social fan - that’s during the game btw.

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 10:56 AM
You didn’t call the person out and you should have provided the club with the seat number regardless of the outcome you perceived.

At Watford games, one is asked to send a text with your seat number to the club if your are near an anti social fan - that’s during the game btw.

What if nobody else heard a remark you text seat no and person denies it?

Hibrandenburg
10-03-2019, 11:33 AM

There's a few odious fuds like Yaxley Lennon who've made a career out of whipping up the racist anti. UKIP claim that their motivation for Brexit are non racist but when they start flirting with Tommy Ten Names their membership goes up. Go figure.

Aldo
10-03-2019, 11:36 AM
What if nobody else heard a remark you text seat no and person denies it?

Think the point is that this system might make people think twice about their behaviour and how they act.

Furthermore although the person might deny the claims on one specific occasion it might be one of many over a period of time which have been reported by a number of different people! This would then provide the evidence of a course of behaviour by this individual!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil MaGlass
10-03-2019, 11:51 AM
“Not every Brexit Voter is a racist, but every racist is a Brexit voter”

Thats exactly what one of the panelists on the Politics Show said yesterday,:agree:

Phil MaGlass
10-03-2019, 11:56 AM
wee idea, mibbe Hibs could hand out little leaflets at the next home game encouraging fans to call out the anti social/thug/racist elements, encouraging fellow fans to back them up.
I also like the text idea with seat number so folk can be approached during the game, as long as it does not get abused by people who just dont like sitting next to very vocal non offensive people(if yi ken whit ah mean).

Leaflet could be headed

"CALL THEM OUT"

Could even be seen as the beginning of a trend.

whiskas
10-03-2019, 12:20 PM
I also heard “he looks like a Freddo” and an orc which was pretty close to the knuckle for me.

The Green Goblin
10-03-2019, 12:20 PM

These things often come from the ‘top’. When public figures, notably politicians, newspapers and ‘leaders’ either do it, endorse it or most of all fail to condemn it, it sends the message that it’s fair game. All of the above applies to the UK right now. In the last month, I have personally witnessed four appalling examples of xenophobic and outright racist behaviour from Scottish passengers at Edinburgh Airport. I have also increasingly found myself talking to people who have subtly implied such views in ways they have never done before in conversation, in a manner and tone that would have been (rightly) unacceptable over the last few years. And if that’s not close enough to home, in the West Upper at a game in October, a man who had bought the seat next to me as a ‘one off’ game started calling an opposition player a black bas**** during the game. I gave him a look, then outright ignored and completely blanked him from then on when he tried to talk to me. He got up at half time and didn’t come back for the second half.

I am sorry this happened to you. Please tell your family/friends that the fans who have heard about what happened to them are disgusted by it.

where'stheslope
10-03-2019, 12:27 PM
Surely if the club gets her seat number, they can then send out letters to those seats around her and get some feed back on the truth of the matter.
By doing this, it sends out a strong message to her and people like her to think before they speak(or shout) as there will be consequences!!!!

Keith_M
10-03-2019, 12:27 PM
wee idea, mibbe Hibs could hand out little leaflets at the next home game encouraging fans to call out the anti social/thug/racist elements, encouraging fellow fans to back them up.
I also like the text idea with seat number so folk can be approached during the game, as long as it does not get abused by people who just dont like sitting next to very vocal non offensive people(if yi ken whit ah mean).

Leaflet could be headed

"CALL THEM OUT"

Could even be seen as the beginning of a trend.

That's actually a very good idea.

I also heard “he looks like a Freddo” ... which was pretty close to the knuckle for me.

Excuse my ignorance, but what does that mean?

:dunno:

whiskas
10-03-2019, 12:30 PM
A Freddo is a chocolate bar so IMO it’s probably racist

WhileTheChief..
10-03-2019, 12:58 PM
Freddo is a frog so he’s saying he looks like a frog.

Hee-haw to do with race.

Beefster
10-03-2019, 01:03 PM
Freddo is a frog so he’s saying he looks like a frog.

Hee-haw to do with race.

You can’t possibly know that. There’s a video of Hearts players calling Jose Quitongo a kit-kat and talking about how he’d melt in the sun (iirc). They weren’t saying that he had four fingers.

CropleyWasGod
10-03-2019, 01:11 PM
That's actually a very good idea.

Excuse my ignorance, but what does that mean?

:dunno:

It means that he'd rat out the rest of the family.

whiskas
10-03-2019, 01:27 PM
You can’t possibly know that. There’s a video of Hearts players calling Jose Quitongo a kit-kat and talking about how he’d melt in the sun (iirc). They weren’t saying that he had four fingers.

That’s the main reason I bit my tongue tbh. I wasn’t sure if it was me over-analysing or a genuine case of racist abuse.
Football does seem to have went back 20 years this season though

WhileTheChief..
10-03-2019, 01:28 PM

Freddo is green.

How can can you possibly think it’s a race thing? 🐸

HibeeHibernian4
10-03-2019, 02:20 PM
Freddo is green.

If you've been eating green Freddos then I think you might need to go and see a doctor.

Beefster
10-03-2019, 02:24 PM
Freddo is green.

Right you are.

percy veer
10-03-2019, 02:33 PM
I overheard some young boys singing a disgusting song about Fernando Ricksen on Leith Walk after the game. I asked them to stop and got a mouthful of abuse. There does seem to be a lot of this stuff creeping in...my nine-year old son wants to come to a game but I’m reluctant as I don’t want to expose him to this nonsense.

its been about for years, remember a Darren Jackson song being sung, hibs and jet ski's ,Alen orman song, Its a song chances are he will hear worse at school when a little older, are we going to highlight every little thing now.

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 03:04 PM
Freddo is green.

Indeed though the packet he is green and the bar itself brown

Superfurry72
10-03-2019, 03:47 PM
its been about for years, remember a Darren Jackson song being sung, hibs and jet ski's ,Alen orman song, Its a song chances are he will hear worse at school when a little older, are we going to highlight every little thing now.

I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick here. Its not been about for years as it was about the fact he’s dying from motor neurone disease and laughing about it. That, to me, is not highlighting ‘every little thing’. That, to me, is unacceptable.

Keith_M
10-03-2019, 03:50 PM
It means that he'd rat out the rest of the family.

OK, cheers.

In that case, I don't get what the 'offensive' part is. Surely it's just a wind-up (whether people find it funny or not)

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2019, 04:29 PM
What an unbelievable read this thread is. Racist and xenophobic behaviour in wider society is bad enough, racially abusing opposition players at a football match is bad enough.

But to read stories from my fellow Hibs fans about them being abused by other so called Hibs fans because of their colour or what accent they might have is f'ing well beyond belief. Do any of these morons even know the history of this club? ….. of all the clubs in the UK this one should be the last, the very last, where you should expect to hear folk being abused because of their ethnicity or nationality.

Given our history Hibs should be the go to club for minorities and incomers to Edinburgh … not one where folk are made to feel unwanted or unwelcome because of their colour or nationality. FFS the most celebrated non celebrity fan this club has had was a black guy from a foreign country !!!

As far as folk who follow this club should be concerned there is only one colour 'green' and only one nationality 'Hibs fan' …. anybody who isn't prepared to accept and foster that attitude can F off and join the EDL or the KKK and stop polluting our fitba club with their unwanted pish.

Beefster
10-03-2019, 04:38 PM
OK, cheers.

In that case, I don't get what the 'offensive' part is. Surely it's just a wind-up (whether people find it funny or not)

A ‘freddo’ in this context is a chocolate bar in the shape of a frog. I could be wrong but I think CWG was referring to The Godfather, where Fredo played an Italian-American version of Lee Wallace.

Captain Trips
10-03-2019, 04:48 PM
Stevie Fulton looks like a melted freddo to be fair.

HibeeHibernian4
10-03-2019, 04:55 PM
Do any of these morons even know the history of this club? ….. of all the clubs in the UK this one should be the last, the very last, where you should expect to hear folk being abused because of their ethnicity or nationality.

Given our history Hibs should be the go to club for minorities and incomers to Edinburgh … not one where folk are made to feel unwanted or unwelcome because of their colour or nationality. FFS the most celebrated non celebrity fan this club has had was a black guy from a foreign country !!!

Spot on. :agree:

Racism should never be accepted at any club, but particularly given our heritage we should be making doubly sure it is never tolerated here.

Roxyhibee
10-03-2019, 08:54 PM

Good afternoon Leeann,

Kind regards,

X

Just try and remember that the number of fans who hate racism vastly outnumber any perpetrators these days.

I challenged someone sitting a couple of rows behind me who started making clear monkey chants at Dikamona in the last derby in the West Upper.

We had some loud sweary verbals and finger pointing, he backed off and stopped when he knew I wasn’t giving in. Two guys backed me up (thanks again) and I felt many others were on my side.

He then came down and apologised a few minutes later. I wasn’t interested in taking it further on that one incident, I’ve never seen him again but if he did appear and did it again, I’d report directly to the club.

I’m confident we’ll beat these clowns no problem if we show them how unacceptable this vile garbage is at our great club and it’s amazing diverse history.

BILLYHIBS
10-03-2019, 10:14 PM
What an unbelievable read this thread is. Racist and xenophobic behaviour in wider society is bad enough, racially abusing opposition players at a football match is bad enough.

But to read stories from my fellow Hibs fans about them being abused by other so called Hibs fans because of their colour or what accent they might have is f'ing well beyond belief. Do any of these morons even know the history of this club? ….. of all the clubs in the UK this one should be the last, the very last, where you should expect to hear folk being abused because of their ethnicity or nationality.

As far as folk who follow this club should be concerned there is only one colour 'green' and only one nationality 'Hibs fan' …. anybody who isn't prepared to accept and foster that attitude can F off and join the EDL or the KKK and stop polluting our fitba club with their unwanted pish.

:agree:

:top marks

Lancs Harp
10-03-2019, 10:16 PM

Great post fella.

CMurdoch
10-03-2019, 11:50 PM
She could tell the person to shut up and behave I suppose. What comes under the “unacceptable behaviour” banner? Racist, sectarian, homophobic abuse certainly would but calling someone a paedo? I don’t know

Abusing someone by calling them a paedo is totally unacceptable.
Heard paedo shouts at McGregor on Friday and recently at St Johnstone players including at one who was speaking to a ball boy. Historically i remember the paedo shouts at Richard Gough. It was total **** behaviour.
Moronic in the extreme and embarrassing.

Besties Debut
10-03-2019, 11:53 PM
Considering we have six black players in our squad it’s sad to think that somebody feels they can racially abuse another teams black player because he is not one of our own

CraigHibee
11-03-2019, 01:39 AM
Disgusting behaviour and nobody should have to tolerate it, I hope when you get a reply and are asked for the seat number that you hand it over, it's about time we started flushing ***** like this out our support as they are not welcome

Allant1981
11-03-2019, 07:41 AM

You cant genuinely believe that?

bigwheel
11-03-2019, 08:15 AM

You seriously can’t believe that...have a think about what it is like to live in a country where every day you are judged by the colour of your skin - and think about how harmful racist taunts are compared to name calling ...

Captain Trips
11-03-2019, 09:56 AM
You cant genuinely believe that?

Please read other posts in thread please.

Captain Trips
11-03-2019, 09:56 AM
You seriously can’t believe that...have a think about what it is like to live in a country where every day you are judged by the colour of your skin - and think about how harmful racist taunts are compared to name calling ...

As above

HibsGW
11-03-2019, 10:21 AM

This is not a dig at you mate but I’ve never understood this sort of ‘no supporter of our club’ kind of thought whenever someone does something wrong. Hibs have racist supporters and we have knuckle dragging supporters just like every other club do, it feels a bit like absolving the club of their responsibility to encourage the right behaviours and create the most progressive matchday atmosphere that they can.

HibeeHibernian4
11-03-2019, 12:59 PM
This is not a dig at you mate but I’ve never understood this sort of ‘no supporter of our club’ kind of thought whenever someone does something wrong. Hibs have racist supporters and we have knuckle dragging supporters just like every other club do, it feels a bit like absolving the club of their responsibility to encourage the right behaviours and create the most progressive matchday atmosphere that they can.

Yeah, also not trying to have a dig at the poster because they're by no means the only person I've seen say this.

Dempster said it on Friday too, the "so-called fan", what do you mean "so-called"? Literally the only piece of his character that we have is that he's a Hibs fan, everything else is unknown at this point.

People might not be consciously doing this, but when people say 'no fan of ours', this is how it comes across:

- Hibs supporter does something bad

- He's not a true Hibs supporter

- The problem is no longer Hibs'

WhileTheChief..
11-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Or they simply mean that someone acting that way isn’t a supporter as they are doing the club damage.

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 02:02 PM
If you've been eating green Freddos then I think you might need to go and see a doctor.

😂😂

pacoluna
11-03-2019, 02:39 PM

Morales is a pr*ck.