PDA

View Full Version : Attendance last night

BegbieHSC
09-03-2019, 01:56 PM
Apologies if I missed it, but anyone know last night’s attendance? I couldn’t hear any of Barry’s end of match announcements.

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2019, 01:57 PM
Think it was 20,053

Keith_M
09-03-2019, 01:58 PM
I heard 20,065.

Definitely said twenty thousand and something, but the last part I might have misheard.

hibee_girl
09-03-2019, 02:05 PM
The match report has it as 20,065

cabbageandribs1875
09-03-2019, 02:08 PM
hertz fans can only ever dream of having a ground that has a capacity this size

Carheenlea
09-03-2019, 02:14 PM
As much as I’d rather we could fill half the South ourselves, you can’t deny the stadium looks great with a full South. Hopefully we can keep the ST’s at similar numbers and look forward to more full houses or close to in the future. Scottish football on the TV looks more attractive to the viewers with full stadiums.

Iggy Pope
09-03-2019, 02:19 PM
As much as I’d rather we could fill half the South ourselves, you can’t deny the stadium looks great with a full South. Hopefully we can keep the ST’s at similar numbers and look forward to more full houses or close to in the future. Scottish football on the TV looks more attractive to the viewers with full stadiums.

Agree. And they can sing what they like, it makes no odds to me. Easter Road was electric last night as I wish it had been last week.

emerald green
10-03-2019, 10:32 AM
There wasn't over 20,000 people present in the stadium. A decent crowd nontheless given it was live on TV.

Cat Stanton
10-03-2019, 10:42 AM
Agree. And they can sing what they like, it makes no odds to me. Easter Road was electric last night as I wish it had been last week.

Well, they were singing about killing people of a particular religious persuasion. That makes no odds to you? What if it was songs about lynching black people - would that be fine in your book also?

This is the attitude that is a major part of the problem. And as another thread said, the club itself should be coming out and condemning it.

And in terms of more specifically the Hibs support, it DOES matter. I wasn't there on Friday 'cos I would never take my kids to games against Rangers (or Celtc) because of all the offensive ***** you are forced to listen to, and about which no one - our club, the SFA, the media - complains.

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2019, 03:42 PM
Well, they were singing about killing people of a particular religious persuasion. That makes no odds to you? What if it was songs about lynching black people - would that be fine in your book also?

This is the attitude that is a major part of the problem. And as another thread said, the club itself should be coming out and condemning it.

And in terms of more specifically the Hibs support, it DOES matter. I wasn't there on Friday 'cos I would never take my kids to games against Rangers (or Celtc) because of all the offensive ***** you are forced to listen to, and about which no one - our club, the SFA, the media - complains.

I would never condemn anybody for making a specific decision regarding what they feel they should or shouldn't subject their kids to, that's purely their decision to make.

But, I would imagine the majority of folk on here were going to Hibs games well before there was such a thing as family sections and the like. These folk, including me, have spent decades as kids and youths listening to that very same sectarian bile from Sevco fans and industrial language of every hue from our fellow Hibs fans and yet I'm willing to bet they hadn't got a clue what the bigots were singing about when they were kids and could have cared less, to them it was just noise.

As for swearing, if anybody has yet successfully managed to prevent their kids from learning every swear word in creation, whether they go to football or not, I would love to meet them. The attitudes shown by the vast majority of folk inhabiting this forum to my mind show that just because you might have been exposed to bigotry from a young age, it does not follow in the slightest that it will lead you to find it acceptable.

Its my honest opinion that you cant protect kids from the ills of society by hiding them away from them …. if you ask me its a far more effective strategy to teach kids that bigotry is wrong and hold up what they see at Sevco games as a prime example of why its wrong and to teach them that there are times when swearing is and isn't acceptable.

I have attended Easter Road for the last 30 years with two different families, in the first case the kids who went with us season after season started attending games at the ages of between 5 and 6 and went regularly until they were into their late teens, one of them is still an ER regular. That set of kids grew up to be well adjusted individuals who I have rarely heard swear in day to day life and who certainly are not bigots. The second set of kids who are both now in their teens and are still going to games with us never swear in front of us and once again don't have a bigoted bone in their bodies.

In both cases it was the influences around them in their day to day lives which has made them the people they have become, not what they saw and heard at football matches over the years. In both cases the parents were what influenced their social attitudes, and I hope friends like me, and those attitudes were and are that all forms of bigotry and the like are wrong and that swearing is only acceptable in certain situations.

In my opinion, and I know not everybody will agree, when you don't take kids to Sevco games because of what their fans sing, or refuse to take them to football because they might hear language you find unacceptable you are not protecting them from the ills of society … all you are doing is denying them the chance to attend a game they might want to go to.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2019, 03:46 PM
So I presume we can count twice, any seats sold through ticket exchange ticket

Col2
10-03-2019, 03:48 PM
Are we now averaging a higher home attendance than both Hearts and Aberdeen?

Can’t be right given we have had a poor season and Sportsound keep telling us how great the attendances are at Tynecastle (c) best atmosphere is the history of association football.

Keith_M
10-03-2019, 03:55 PM
Are we now averaging a higher home attendance than both Hearts and Aberdeen?

Can’t be right given we have had a poor season and Sportsound keep telling us how great the attendances are at Tynecastle (c) best atmosphere is the history of association football.

Average for this season so far is 17,558 (tickets sold).

It could well be that our actual attendances are down on last season (or even up), but the club doesn't release those figures, so it's just all guess work.

Lago
10-03-2019, 04:02 PM
Judging by the number of empty seats I saw both in the East & FF the attendance seems inflated to me. Maybe in hindsight the stadium may have been better if a little smaller. Just a thought.

Keith_M
10-03-2019, 04:05 PM
Judging by the number of empty seats I saw both in the East & FF the attendance seems inflated to me. Maybe in hindsight the stadium may have been better if a little smaller. Just a thought.

If you can sell a total of 20,000 tickets, why on earth would you want to sell less?

Lago
10-03-2019, 04:12 PM
If you can sell a total of 20,000 tickets, why on earth would you want to sell less?
So your take is that every empty seats I saw was a season ticket holder who had not turned up for the game ?

Keith_M
10-03-2019, 04:19 PM
So your take is that every empty seats I saw was a season ticket holder who had not turned up for the game ?

My take is that Hibs sold, between Season Tickets and matchday attenders, 20,000 tickets. I have no idea what percentage of those that didn't turn up were ST holders (presumably almost all), but that's irrelevant.

Your proposal of a smaller stadium would mean less tickets sold, therefore less money. It makes no sense.

WhileTheChief..
10-03-2019, 04:22 PM
It was either ST holder’s who didn’t turn up or folk that bought a match day ticket and didn’t use it.

Not sure what else it could be?!

Peevemor
10-03-2019, 06:44 PM
This thread's like Groundhog Day.

CLASS OF 72 -73
10-03-2019, 06:44 PM
Not sure why posters ask what the attendance figure are. Look it up:confused: BBC 'line ups' always give the crowd numbers.

Hibeesmad
10-03-2019, 06:50 PM
Thought they would be able to calculate an actual attendance based on the scanner system in place for tickets at turnstiles.

Iggy Pope
10-03-2019, 07:21 PM

It makes no odds to me. Believe me, it might, I’ve faced anti-catholic bigotry grew up with it from a very young age, more than you or your kids could imagine. I’ve written about it on here. I see all things. I’m 56. Their singing means nothing to me. Nothing. Heard all this stuff about the race thing before. They don’t sing songs about it do they? Irrelevant. Let them sing about the 17th Century until they’re hoarse. Means nowt and I won’t be preached to about ‘attitude’.

theonlywayisup
10-03-2019, 07:22 PM
After all the negative comments about the FFL empty seats being an embarrassment to some, I thought that there were more empty seats in the East stand based on watching the second half on TV.

Funny how there's not many getting embarrassed about that.

Lago
10-03-2019, 07:47 PM
After all the negative comments about the FFL empty seats being an embarrassment to some, I thought that there were more empty seats in the East stand based on watching the second half on TV.

Funny how there's not many getting embarrassed about that.
I am, but hey I''m told it doesn't matter, all about tickets sold irrelevant if people don't turn up. So empty seats are fine.😂

renato
10-03-2019, 08:14 PM
Considering the state of our season so far, we’ve still had a bigger average attendance than Hearts this season.

Not bad for the wee team.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-premiership/attendances

Broken Gnome
10-03-2019, 08:17 PM
I am, but hey I''m told it doesn't matter, all about tickets sold irrelevant if people don't turn up. So empty seats are fine.😂

Pretty sure there's well in excess of 2,000 posts talking about empty seats over the last two years, so not sure where you're getting that from.

The ground can be filled when we're doing well, how on earth is it too big?

Keith_M
10-03-2019, 08:59 PM
I am, but hey I''m told it doesn't matter, all about tickets sold irrelevant if people don't turn up. So empty seats are fine.��

Alright then, ***** ****, pray tell us how you would reduce the capacity, but only exclude the Season Ticket holders that occasionally don't turn up, all the while keeping the income at the same level.

I really can't wait to hear this....

Ringothedog
10-03-2019, 09:03 PM

So how do you make people who have paid for a ticket attend when they don’t want to or can’t attend?

Besties Debut
11-03-2019, 10:27 AM
If there was over 20k at the game then i reckon the counter is not working. There were loads of empty seats in all 3 stands.

RoxburghHibs
11-03-2019, 11:28 AM
Average for this season so far is 17,558 (tickets sold).

It could well be that our actual attendances are down on last season (or even up), but the club doesn't release those figures, so it's just all guess work.

Celtic, Rangers and Hearts have published attendances in this manor for years - as well as most English clubs.

HibeeMassive
11-03-2019, 12:11 PM
Celtic, Rangers and Hearts have published attendances in this manor for years - as well as most English clubs.

Yeah Hibs adopted this a couple of season ago, to fall in line with the figures that were being reported by other clubs so that when attendances were compared we were on a level playing field - this includes all seats sold (be it ST, walk-up or advance sale) regardless of turnstile 'clicks'.

Ringothedog
11-03-2019, 12:44 PM
If there was over 20k at the game then i reckon the counter is not working. There were loads of empty seats in all 3 stands.

We announce seats sold not attendance and have done for a good few years.

Lago
11-03-2019, 01:14 PM
Alright then, ***** ****, pray tell us how you would reduce the capacity, but only exclude the Season Ticket holders that occasionally don't turn up, all the while keeping the income at the same level.

I really can't wait to hear this....
To late now, if you read my original post I merely said perhaps a smaller stadium would have been more appropriate. And by the way the personal abuse you are directing towards me is totally uncalled for.

J-C
11-03-2019, 01:16 PM
Watched the game yesterday and never 20+ thousand, lots of empty seats in the East, they obviously count ST as part of the whole total.

Ringothedog
11-03-2019, 01:33 PM
Watched the game yesterday and never 20+ thousand, lots of empty seats in the East, they obviously count ST as part of the whole total.

And have done for a good few years

Keith_M
11-03-2019, 01:55 PM
To late now, if you read my original post I merely said perhaps a smaller stadium would have been more appropriate. And by the way the personal abuse you are directing towards me is totally uncalled for.

And I merely pointed out that it made no sense, for the reasons I gave.

Plus, how do you know what the stars represented? For all you know, it could have been a flowery phrase of deep admiration :wink:

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 01:56 PM
Why isn’t there an actual attendance given then also “thank you to the 20,000 etc that bought tickets”?

Save the weekly/mid-weekly debate.

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 01:57 PM
And have done for a good few years

They need to announce it as something else and not attendance or crowd.

Lago
11-03-2019, 03:23 PM
And I merely pointed out that it made no sense, for the reasons I gave.

Plus, how do you know what the stars represented? For all you know, it could have been a flowery phrase of deep admiration :wink:
You have previous.

Ringothedog
11-03-2019, 03:29 PM
They need to announce it as something else and not attendance or crowd.

We announce tickets sold as most other clubs do, I really don’t see the problem

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 03:58 PM
We announce tickets sold as most other clubs do, I really don’t see the problem

It’s not the official in attendance? What’s with the secrecy? Just call it like it is. Then we don’t have the Groundhog Day chat.

Ringothedog
11-03-2019, 04:11 PM
It’s not the official in attendance? What’s with the secrecy? Just call it like it is. Then we don’t have the Groundhog Day chat.

If you want that information to be provided then contact Hibs if it bothers you that much . I couldn’t care what we report

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 04:19 PM
If you want that information to be provided then contact Hibs if it bothers you that much . I couldn’t care what we report

It doesn’t. I know when they announce the attendance it’s tickets sold. It won’t stop the numerous threads and posts on social media though.

Jack Hackett
11-03-2019, 04:39 PM
Not sure why posters ask what the attendance figure are. Look it up:confused: BBC 'line ups' always give the crowd numbers.

I use the Tripadvisor Costa del Sol forums a lot, and you wouldn't believe the number of people who come on asking "What's the weather like?"... You're using the internet to post on the forum. How hard is it to use it for a weather forecast ffs!

jgl07
11-03-2019, 10:17 PM
And a bloody idiotic one at that.

Hibs do not report attendances, they report ticket sales. Does it matter if a few people can’t get to a match on a Friday night (or a Saturday night)?

There were nutters on here calling for two stands to be closed little over three years ago.