PDA

View Full Version : Hecky’s post match Hibs TV interview

Northernhibee
09-03-2019, 11:34 AM
I love the way he talks about football. Describing the change of shape in the second half and how it countered the threat of Tavernier, how it allowed us to press higher and each individual players role in it. Really interesting.

He’s a positive chap with a good footballing brain and once he’s 100% up to speed with the game up here he will be a real asset.

Keith_M
09-03-2019, 11:38 AM
I love the way he talks about football. Describing the change of shape in the second half and how it countered the threat of Tavernier, how it allowed us to press higher and each individual players role in it. Really interesting.

He’s a positive chap with a good footballing brain and once he’s 100% up to speed with the game up here he will be a real asset.

:agree:

matty_f
09-03-2019, 11:41 AM

He clearly was able to communicate what was needed to the players at half time as well, because it looked like they carried out the change impeccably.

I really like him, positive about the players - didn't take any credit for the change or the point in his interview, that all went to his players.

He's been unfortunate in that he's come in to a squad that is wafer thin, key players unavailable or struggling for fitness so he's having to play with the hand he has been dealt, which makes the ten points from twelve available that he's won since taking over that bit more impressive.

I suspect he'll be someone who can take advantage of the tools available to him to improve the team, like getting the best from the recruitment team and embracing that set up, along with the data analysis etc.

I think he's a modern coach, who will do well for us hopefully.

Zazu62
09-03-2019, 11:42 AM
I think he got lucky last night. Should have been 0-3 or 0-4 to sevco at half time. We done much better in the second half tho, but the game should have been over before that

matty_f
09-03-2019, 11:52 AM
I think he got lucky last night. Should have been 0-3 or 0-4 to sevco at half time. We done much better in the second half tho, but the game should have been over before that

The first half was a replica of the whole game against them last time at Easter Road. Difference was this time the manager made a good change and swung the game in our favour.

CB_NO3
09-03-2019, 12:02 PM
The man is doing superb. 3 wins and a draw in the league with a depleted squad. Hardly had an opportunity to analyse his squad yet let alone get his head around Scottish football.

Optimistic for next season with the additions of Boyle, Allan and Porteous to come in along with his new signings.

Brightside
09-03-2019, 12:03 PM
I think he is excellent. The players love him too.

GreenCastle
09-03-2019, 12:20 PM
Been impressed with his record so far - 10 out of 12 points is a great start.

3 comebacks in league games also show great character :aok:

He's working with a an unbalanced, threadbare squad and look to see who he will bring in to improve it.

Peevemor
09-03-2019, 12:59 PM
One thing we've been excellent at since he came in is beating "offside traps". I can't remember any Hibs player that is better than Mcnulty at reading the line and timing his runs (holding on to him after the summer to run on to Scott Allan's through balls is the stuff of dreams).

I was wondering though how much of this is down to training/coaching.

It's difficult to know given that Mcnulty & Hecky arrived at the same time.

green day
09-03-2019, 01:04 PM
I think he is excellent. The players love him too.

This is important, especially when the chips are down.

Impossible to say for sure, but I dont think we would have 10 out of 12 had Lennon remained - not wanting multiple arguments on this, just my opinion.

ancient hibee
09-03-2019, 01:05 PM
Why is it that when we defend hard,put bodies on the line,block chances and force the opposition to snatch at and butcher opportunities we are lucky?I’ve lost count of the number of games particularly at Easter Road when the position has been reversed and invariably the opposition has been praised in the press and on TV for defending well.It seems that doesn’t apply to us.

H18 SFR
09-03-2019, 01:18 PM

What's you analysis on how he set up the team second half?

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-03-2019, 01:22 PM

Does our goalkeeper making saves not mean that the Rangers forwards should have done better?

Lago
09-03-2019, 01:32 PM
I would rather say could have been, rather than your sum what negative should have been.
Goal keeper & defenders did what they are paid to do, defend & they did it remarkably well.

Ardenttwo
09-03-2019, 05:03 PM

Spoke to one of the Hibs ground staff at the St Johnstone game last week and he was telling me he speaks to the Hibs players quite often and they just love how positive Hecky is

scooby
09-03-2019, 05:21 PM
I've been really impressed with him so far, we haven't seen much free flowing attacking football as yet, but we are missing a number of key players.
Good to hear that the players like him too, hopefully he can get the best from them.
Onwards and upwards.

euro Hibby
09-03-2019, 05:36 PM
First half yesterday was a hard watch , one good team playing and the other defending heroically but losing a goal because they froze on a linesman's call.
Half time turnaround , so well done to the management team and to the players for stepping up and grabbing a point.. With the team pool down to bear bones,
and a new management pair recently in , I am not sure we can ask for much more , unbeaten in 4 in the league but still some grumpy hibbies around.

Best we can do is top 6 anything else is might be a bonus.

Jim44
09-03-2019, 05:46 PM
I like Heckingbottom and I’m glad to hear the players like him. Looking forward to next season when he has got his own team and ideas in shape. Slightly off topic, but still on Hibs management I see that Lennon is saying he is happy and looking forward to celebrating Celtic goals. He says he was unable to really celebrate Hibs goals v Celtic and even had to get Gary Parker to sit down and stop celebrating our goals against them. To be fair he did say that we played well against Celtic at times but it sticks in the throat that he was not 100% behind us against them. Well done today Aberdeen. Pipe at a peep. :greengrin :hibees

Ardenttwo
09-03-2019, 05:50 PM
I've been really impressed with him so far, we haven't seen much free flowing attacking football as yet, but we are missing a number of key players.
Good to hear that the players like him too, hopefully he can get the best from them.
Onwards and upwards.

Just out of interest does Hecky and his assistant stay up in Edinburgh all the time now I expect they have young families so a bit of a problem I imagine just to uproot them

Inconsequential
09-03-2019, 05:55 PM
Why is it that when we defend hard,put bodies on the line,block chances and force the opposition to snatch at and butcher opportunities we are lucky?I’ve lost count of the number of games particularly at Easter Road when the position has been reversed and invariably the opposition has been praised in the press and on TV for defending well.It seems that doesn’t apply to us. Spot on ancient hibee! There have been many games in the last few seasons where Hibs have dominated and missed numerous chances only to be hit with a late equaliser or winner. The defence did their job although it ain't good for the blood pressure. :agree:

04Sauzee
09-03-2019, 08:07 PM

You can only p*ss with the c*CK you have he just managed to get the direction and flow better