PDA

View Full Version : Clyde cheating

Ozyhibby
09-03-2019, 10:11 AM
Can anyone tell me why Clyde forfeit the games instead of everyone ‘moving on’?
https://spfl.co.uk/news/disciplinary-hearing-clyde-fc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
09-03-2019, 10:16 AM
Clyde got caught cheating.
Interestingly they were punished appropriately unlike other clubs. Rod will surely be asking for this to be overturned and for everyone to just ‘move on’ ?

wookie70
09-03-2019, 10:51 AM
Interestingly they were punished appropriately unlike other clubs. Rod will surely be asking for this to be overturned and for everyone to just ‘move on’ ?

Rules don't apply to establishment clubs like Hearts

Sas_The_Hibby
09-03-2019, 10:55 AM
Rules don't apply to establishment clubs like Hearts

Hearts owe the points to themselves so it doesn't matter. Or something

Hibbyradge
09-03-2019, 10:59 AM
That's exactly what happened to hearts.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2019, 11:00 AM

Why would RP ask for it to be overturned?

GreenNWhiteArmy
09-03-2019, 11:08 AM
Hearts got a 10k fine and docked 2 points?

Or is this just another free swipe at Rod?

green day
09-03-2019, 11:10 AM

You are in danger of turning into a parody user with all this anti Rod stuff.

BoomtownHibees
09-03-2019, 11:10 AM
That's exactly what happened to hearts.

No it’s not, Hearts we’re deducted 2 points, meaning they still ‘gained’ a point when playing an illegible player. Clyde’s results were overturned to 0-3 defeats

MWHIBBIES
09-03-2019, 11:11 AM
Pointless shot at Rod. Poor stuff. Clubs are always punished for this.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2019, 11:15 AM
No it’s not, Hearts we’re deducted 2 points, meaning they still ‘gained’ a point when playing an illegible player. Clyde’s results were overturned to 0-3 defeats

That's true. I'm not sure why it was only 2 points, but why the OP decided to have another snidey dig at RP remains a mystery.

HIGHLANDLEITHER
09-03-2019, 11:16 AM
Why would RP ask for it to be overturned?
Fairly clear he was being clinical of Rod’s position on similar matters.
The SFA/SPFL maintained a position of not ruling on deducting points from Rangers until a final decision was made on EBT’s. When it was confirmed that Rangers had used them illegally they said it was time to move on. Rod was a big part it that. This decision was all to do with a over up of the 5 way agreement and meant that docking points and titles from Rangers would expose the SFA and SPFL.

GreenNWhiteArmy
09-03-2019, 11:21 AM

Likelihood is because he played 160 mins over they 2 games so deemed to have contributed more than the young hearts lad that came on for 20 mins as they were already 2-0 up?

wookie70
09-03-2019, 11:28 AM
Likelihood is because he played 160 mins over they 2 games so deemed to have contributed more than the young hearts lad that came on for 20 mins as they were already 2-0 up?
They were deducted 3 points for each game as have every other team I can remember apart from Hearts. If they had been correctly deducted 3 points they were out the competition just like other teams have been in cup competitions.

Ozyhibby
09-03-2019, 11:32 AM

Can you apply rules based on how well a player plays? If the rule is broken, then it’s broken.
Rangers broke the rules for 9 years in every league game they played and they were given a free pass by the rest of the clubs.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2019, 11:37 AM
Fairly clear he was being clinical of Rod’s position on similar matters.
The SFA/SPFL maintained a position of not ruling on deducting points from Rangers until a final decision was made on EBT’s. When it was confirmed that Rangers had used them illegally they said it was time to move on. Rod was a big part it that. This decision was all to do with a over up of the 5 way agreement and meant that docking points and titles from Rangers would expose the SFA and SPFL.

That's not even close to being a valid comparison.

BoomtownHibees
09-03-2019, 11:45 AM

The rule should be just that, a rule. It can’t be adjusted dependant on how long the player played for or because his team were winning at at the time. As far as I remember, all other teams that have played an illegible player has been “rewarded” with a 3-0 defeat

Hibbyradge
09-03-2019, 11:47 AM
The rule should be just that, a rule. It can’t be adjusted dependant on how long the player played for or because his team were winning at at the time. As far as I remember, all other teams that have played an illegible player has been “rewarded” with a 3-0 defeat

I agree. It was a 2 point deduction to keep hearts in with a chance of qualification.

I'd bet it doesn't happen again.

Ozyhibby
09-03-2019, 11:50 AM

Except Rangers.

JimBHibees
09-03-2019, 11:52 AM
That's true. I'm not sure why it was only 2 points, but why the OP decided to have another snidey dig at RP remains a mystery.

We all know why it was only 2 points to allow them the chance of staying in the competition which subsequently meant they benefited from a 50k crowd at murrayfield in the semi final.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2019, 11:55 AM
Except Rangers.

Eh?

ballengeich
09-03-2019, 01:27 PM

A fair question, when there's a previous example of a club fielding virtually an entire team of ineligible players for several seasons.

The SPFL's potentially bringing future difficulty to itself by awarding the matches to the opponents. If the games had been in a cup it would be ok, but if Albion Rovers escape from bottom place at Berwick Rangers expense because of this there will be considerable turmoil. It would have been better to have the games replayed with Clyde getting a points deduction but allowed to keep any points from the replayed games.

calumhibee1
09-03-2019, 01:29 PM
Did Hearts not do this and get a points deduction rather than give up the game? :confused:

PatHead
09-03-2019, 01:31 PM
Did Hearts not do this and get a points deduction rather than give up the game? :confused:

Hearts got docked 2 points and a fine. Think it was Peterhead. Should have been 0-3 defeat and fine. I could never understand the logic in that decision.

Michael
09-03-2019, 01:33 PM
Hearts got docked 2 points and a fine. Think it was Peterhead. Should have been 0-3 defeat and fine. I could never understand the logic in that decision.

Logic is simple. Hearts could still qualify.

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2019, 01:49 PM
Horrible club filled with rape apologists and apologists for racism, too. Hope they rot.

Smartie
09-03-2019, 01:52 PM
What are the circumstances surrounding the registration issues?

Was it deliberate, or a harmless(ish) paperwork error?

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 01:53 PM
Logic is simple. Hearts could still qualify.

And their next match to qualify was on tv.

Clyde doing very well recently. Good news Edinburgh city.

bigwheel
09-03-2019, 01:53 PM
What are the circumstances surrounding the registration issues?

Was it deliberate, or a harmless(ish) paperwork error?

Apparently he had been out on loan, and when he came back they hadn't sorted out the administration of it properly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HIGHLANDLEITHER
09-03-2019, 03:15 PM
That's not even close to being a valid comparison.
Really? SFA rules state that players remuneration has to be declared in full. Rangers were hiding payments made through EBT’s and lied twice to the SFA when asked by them if they had any side letters promising additional payments .The side letters were discover by the Metropolitan Police when investigating the Boumsong transfer.
Neither then or since have the SFA followed their own rules and deducted points from Rangers .

CapitalGreen
09-03-2019, 05:11 PM
Horrible club filled with rape apologists and apologists for racism, too. Hope they rot.

Not sure if you’re referring to Hearts or Clyde here but then again I suppose it’s applicable to both.

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 05:14 PM

Or maybe they’re a community rehabilitation club?

Hibbyradge
09-03-2019, 06:54 PM
Really? SFA rules state that players remuneration has to be declared in full. Rangers were hiding payments made through EBT’s and lied twice to the SFA when asked by them if they had any side letters promising additional payments .The side letters were discover by the Metropolitan Police when investigating the Boumsong transfer.
Neither then or since have the SFA followed their own rules and deducted points from Rangers .

Yes really.

The offences are completely different.

By the way, Rangers no longer exist.

HoboHarry
09-03-2019, 08:28 PM
Yes really.

Well whoever got all of their historical trophies looks really like them then.......

HIGHLANDLEITHER
09-03-2019, 09:15 PM
Yes really.

Clyde were found guilty on a technicality, Rangers as they were known at the time broke the rules intentionally and illegally. Hope you finally understand this time, but thanks for your forensic analysis.

Forza Fred
09-03-2019, 10:33 PM

That explains the tablesI looked at this morning afterSaturday’s results!

Didn’t know anything about it before.

This may surprise some, but there is not much reporting of Scottish Division 2 where I am!

AZhibee
10-03-2019, 03:32 AM
That explains the tablesI looked at this morning afterSaturday’s results!

Didn’t know anything about it before.

This may surprise some, but there is not much reporting of Scottish Division 2 where I am!

Likewise, I thought Albion had gone on an impressive run or something. But as pointed out this is entirely unfair to Berwick.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2019, 11:42 AM
One rule but different actions depending on how big a club you are, Ridiculous ruling by those in charge at the top of Scottish football.

And people wonder why we are looked at as a Mickey mouse league? :rolleyes:

hibbysam
10-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Clyde were found guilty on a technicality, Rangers as they were known at the time broke the rules intentionally and illegally. Hope you finally understand this time, but thanks for your forensic analysis.

But then what good would it be going back 10/15/20 years and amending results? These cases were here and now, affecting the current game. Do you go back and void all of those league seasons as games would’ve planned out differently if points totals were different at different points? I’d rather forget all about it, the titles rangers and Celtic win don’t bother me enough for me to campaign vigorously for them to lose titles 10 years on. What we can make sure is it doesn’t happen again and is dealt with at the time in future.

mca
10-03-2019, 10:18 PM
10 years on. What we can make sure is it doesn’t happen again and is dealt with at the time in future.

Lessons will never be learned while there is so much corruption.... :wink:

just away to double check because it felt like my trouser leg was rising up to my knee there..

Sammy7nil
10-03-2019, 10:27 PM
Lessons will never be learned while there is so much corruption.... :wink:

just away to double check because it felt like my trouser leg was rising up to my knee there..

Is that a goat 🐐 in your avatar ? Ha ha :wink:

SJNB Hibby
12-03-2019, 09:16 PM
Likewise, I thought Albion had gone on an impressive run or something. But as pointed out this is entirely unfair to Berwick.

Berwick losing tonight---in the space of a week Albion have gained 5 points.
Curious---if Berwick were to end up losing the play-offs, would they choose the Lowland League, or play in some Northern English League?

Ringothedog
13-03-2019, 05:52 PM
Berwick losing tonight---in the space of a week Albion have gained 5 points.
Curious---if Berwick were to end up losing the play-offs, would they choose the Lowland League, or play in some Northern English League?

They play in the Scottish leagues so would play in the lowland league