PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Media

BegbieHSC
09-03-2019, 12:39 AM
Glorious thread going titled - ‘Hibernian Football Club - Bigoted **** *******s-‘

@SouthMoroccoStu - yer a bigot apparently :greengrin
:lolrangers:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/321608-hibernian-football-club-bigoted-****-*******s/

HAZ2000
09-03-2019, 01:07 AM
Nice bit of homophobia on that thread as per. Other than that most dont agree with the OP.

NAE NOOKIE
09-03-2019, 01:44 AM
The replies to the OP are basically …. stop going on about bigotry mate, you'll get it banned then what will we all do? :faf:

tamig
09-03-2019, 02:10 AM
The replies to the OP are basically …. stop going on about bigotry mate, you'll get it banned then what will we all do? :faf:

Exactly. We can’t moan about anybody else otherwise our song book is goosed.

superbam
09-03-2019, 06:38 AM
Who the **** is this "Jean Claude Darcheville" we have apparently been singing about

calumhibee1
09-03-2019, 06:45 AM
Who the **** is this "Jean Claude Darcheville" we have apparently been singing about

I have no idea what we were apparently singing but he played for them around the same time as Prso I think. Striker and he was absolutely pony from what I remember.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-03-2019, 06:46 AM

Had the wiki that one!

Played for them for 2 years from 2007 - 38 appearances

So aye, definitely a household name that, to this day, we still sing about

lyonhibs
09-03-2019, 06:50 AM
Glorious thread going titled - ‘Hibernian Football Club - Bigoted **** *******s-‘

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/321608-hibernian-football-club-bigoted-****-*******s/

5th reply just about nails it. "Delete this pish and ban the OP" :faf:

Joe6-2
09-03-2019, 07:14 AM
Got to be a wind up,

AgentDaleCooper
09-03-2019, 07:38 AM
Tbf...there's a grain of sense in that OP - we shouldn't be calling people orange baxtards, it makes us look bad going down to their level.
Him posting that on rangers media is hilarious though.

weecounty hibby
09-03-2019, 07:42 AM
Tbf...there's a grain of sense in that OP - we shouldn't be calling people orange baxtards, it makes us look bad going down to their level.
Him posting that on rangers media is hilarious though.

But they take being Orange as a badge if honour. Did you see the banner that was a rangers badge backed into the colours of the orange order. They are a bigoted bunch of ****bags who are stuck in the dark ages. They cannot take offence at being called that if they actively encourage that thinking and overtly show their support for the OO.

AgentDaleCooper
09-03-2019, 07:46 AM
But they take being Orange as a badge if honour. Did you see the banner that was a rangers badge backed into the colours of the orange order. They are a bigoted bunch of ****bags who are stuck in the dark ages. They cannot take offence at being called that if they actively encourage that thinking and overtly show their support for the OO.
It doesn't mean we should be referring to them as orange ******** though.

Carheenlea
09-03-2019, 07:48 AM
“And to add insult to injury, the ****s have just equalised”

SouthMoroccoStu
09-03-2019, 07:57 AM

I’m proud that Im a quotable notable on rangersmedia this fine Saturday morning

Takes one to know one 😉

But in all seriousness, am I (or we) not allowed to call them orange?

They refer to themselves as orange men, members of the orange lodge etc etc

So is that just their word? Is calling them Huns better or worse?

Mantis Toboggan
09-03-2019, 08:04 AM

Takes one to know one 😉

Indeed, seems a bit different from the F word which I don't think you will see on any Celtc flags.

Marvellous
09-03-2019, 08:16 AM
Indeed, seems a bit different from the F word which I don't think you will see on any Celtc flags.

You do see it on Celtic flags. I think Celtic are fair game to call a Fenian football club, they seem more obsessed with Irish republicanism than the IRA. And equally there is no doubt that Rangers are as orange as it gets.

SChibs
09-03-2019, 08:20 AM
It seems like the openly admit to being and are proud to be bigots by some of the replies

BegbieHSC
09-03-2019, 08:26 AM
You do see it on Celtic flags. I think Celtic are fair game to call a Fenian football club, they seem more obsessed with Irish republicanism than the IRA. And equally there is no doubt that Rangers are as orange as it gets.

You’re not fair game to anyone a fenian , as it actually is, and always has been a derogatory term for an Irish catholic - it has never been an unacceptable word to use.

Marvellous
09-03-2019, 08:31 AM
It seems like the openly admit to being and are proud to be bigots by some of the replies

It's a decent read, the threads follow the same format every time, they try to outdo each other with the most bigoted, racist or idiotic comment before turning on each other and accuse each other of being 'faggots' or paedophiles. A group of very angry men.
You can see why they are angry though, the pope and the IRA do present a significant threat to working class, non-religious men living in the west of Scotland, so it's best to express that anger at Scottish football matches and on the internet on football forums.

Marvellous
09-03-2019, 08:32 AM
You’re not fair game to anyone a fenian , as it actually is, and always has been a derogatory term for an Irish catholic - it has never been an unacceptable word to use.

Nope

Smartie
09-03-2019, 08:32 AM
TBH I do think that it is out of order.

Rangers does not equal Protestant which does not equal orange so referring to folk as orange b******s shouldn't be done, even if the term "orange" wouldn't offend many of them.

If we're serious about stamping out bigotry we should discuss what s and isn't acceptable from our own.

Hun is fair game though.

Marvellous
09-03-2019, 08:33 AM

Rangers does not equal Protestant which does not equal orange so referring to folk as orange b******s shouldn't be done, even if the term "orange" wouldn't offend many of them.

If we're serious about stamping out bigotry we should discuss what s and isn't acceptable from our own.

Hun is fair game though.

Neither does 'orange'

Smartie
09-03-2019, 08:34 AM
Neither does 'orange'

Which was the point I made immediately after the bit in bold.

TrinityHibs
09-03-2019, 08:45 AM

Takes one to know one 😉

They wear orange strips, they wear orange boots,Morelos looks a bit like an orange that's been in the fruit bowl too long. I can also confirm that Mr SouthMorocco has moderated his description of the west coast supporters even if he has used a few more letters:greengrin

Johnny Clash
09-03-2019, 09:09 AM

There can be no doubt ‘Fenian’ is nowadays used in a derogatory way but obviously back in the day the ‘Fenian Brothethood’ was named because the term Fenian was a positive reference to ancient Irish warriors. The brotherhood was made up of Protestants, Catholics and Atheists so I have no idea how it then becomes such a negative word coming out the mouths of bitter and twisted bigots.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-03-2019, 09:14 AM
They wear orange strips, they wear orange boots,Morelos looks a bit like an orange that's been in the fruit bowl too long. I can also confirm that Mr SouthMorocco has moderated his description of the west coast supporters even if he has used a few more letters:greengrin

Thank you lol

AgentDaleCooper
09-03-2019, 09:21 AM
I'm absolutely not one for getting offended, but it wouldn't be hard to (mis?)interpret that as being a bit racist.

Springbank
09-03-2019, 09:32 AM

Hun is fair game though.

Brexit Britain FC

they are the DUP, the lying Tories and the shameless culture of English exceptionalism all rolled into one

i cannot wait to be independent from all of that

so thanks to the Brexit Britain FC for reminding me last night of how shxte it is to be (sic) British

Sir David Gray
09-03-2019, 09:51 AM
Pots and kettles spring to mind however I'm not comfortable with calling them orange *******s and I don't think the term should be allowed on here. I'm not sure what the admins views on it are but it's just my thoughts.

oldbutdim
09-03-2019, 10:07 AM
First time I've ever been quoted on one of their sites to my knowledge.

I'm away to have another shower; I feel a bit queasy too.......................... :sick:

Keith_M
09-03-2019, 10:11 AM

Takes one to know one ��

Yeah, I don't get that either.

They take being 'orange' as a badge of pride, even going so far as to have a strip in that colour... then moan when somebody uses it to describe them?

Make up yer minds, guys.

p.s I have never used that term to refer to Rangers/The Rangers Fans. I prefer the name that was bestowed on them by a Birmingham newspaper in the 1970s, after they drunkenly rampaged through the streets of that city (https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-rangers-football-violence-7899872)... meaning it has NO reference to their religion.

BegbieHSC
09-03-2019, 10:13 AM
Nope

Granted, it was used as a revolutionary term in the 19th century. Contemporary usage? Somehow, I don’t think Huns are referring to Fionn mac Cumhaill from Irish mythology, so aye...

Tomsk
09-03-2019, 10:21 AM
Brexit Britain FC

they are the DUP, the lying Tories and the shameless culture of English exceptionalism all rolled into one

i cannot wait to be independent from all of that

so thanks to the Brexit Britain FC for reminding me last night of how shxte it is to be (sic) British

So, when Scotland is independent these groups are just going to ... what? Disappear? See the light and convert into solid, decent, law-abiding citizens? Retire into obscurity? What?

Rub on Independence, folks! Cures all Ills - including Toryism, Bigotry, Hangovers, Baldness ... particularly effective on Logic!

Keith_M
09-03-2019, 10:23 AM
Granted, it was used as a revolutionary term in the 19th century. Contemporary usage? Somehow, I don’t think Huns are referring to Fionn mac Cumhaill from Irish mythology, so aye...

To fans of The Rangers, ALL Catholics, and anybody that, in their eyes, associates themselves with Catholicism by supporting Celtc or Hibs, is a Fenian.

So of course it's sectarian, when they use it in that way.

Calling somebody an Orange B*d is on the same level as calling somebody a White Supremacist B*d.

Don't be a 'Supremacist' of any kind, then nobody will have reason to criticise you for it. Simples!

Keith_M
09-03-2019, 10:26 AM
So, when Scotland is independent these groups are just going to ... what? Disappear? See the light and convert into solid, decent, law-abiding citizens? Retire into obscurity? What?

Rub on Independence, folks! Cures all Ills - including Toryism, Bigotry, Hangovers, Baldness ... particularly effective on Logic!

I'm in favour of Independence but it's really not going to solve problems like bigotry and racism. Those are completely separate issues.

I agree. That's very naive to even imagine it

Since90+2
09-03-2019, 10:27 AM
They let their club die.

BegbieHSC
09-03-2019, 10:28 AM
To fans of The Rangers, ALL Catholics, and anybody that, in their eyes, associates themselves with Catholicism by supporting Celtc or Hibs, is a Fenian.

So of course it's sectarian, when they use it in that way.

Calling somebody an Orange B*d is on the same level as calling somebody a White Supremacist B*d.

Don't be a 'Supremacist' of any kind, then nobody will have reason to criticise you for it. Simples!

Couldn’t have put it any better.

SRHibs
09-03-2019, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I don't get that either.

They take being 'orange' as a badge of pride, even going so far as to have a strip in that colour... then moan when somebody uses it to describe them?

Make up yer minds, guys.

p.s I have never used that term to refer to Rangers/The Rangers Fans. I prefer the name that was bestowed on them by a Birmingham newspaper in the 1970s, after they drunkenly rampaged through the streets of that city (https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-rangers-football-violence-7899872)... meaning it has NO reference to their religion.

Make up your mind? If you are black and proud, you’re still going to be offended when you’re abused in a derogatory manner using the word “black”.

Ralphy C
09-03-2019, 10:43 AM
was that not the fat eddie murphy guy?

Besties Debut
09-03-2019, 11:36 AM
That was the forum where I first heard Celtic fans described as ''nappy rippers''

Rocky
09-03-2019, 12:24 PM
I'm absolutely not one for getting offended, but it wouldn't be hard to (mis?)interpret that as being a bit racist.

I think you might be one for being easily offended tbh, cos I can't see how that's in any way racist? Maybe I'm missing something and you could explain?

KeithTheHibby
09-03-2019, 12:29 PM
The boy has got a serious chip on his shoulder about us.
Maybe a hibby ****ged his bird, who knows.

Since90+2
09-03-2019, 12:29 PM
That was the forum where I first heard Celtic fans described as ''nappy rippers''

What sort of deranged individual comes up with that?

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2019, 12:40 PM
Rangers Media pointing an accusatory finger about bigotry is quite incredible. The things said on that forum are often disgusting and deepy bigoted, which is no surprise. That said, labelling all Rangers fans as Orange is certainly a sectarian slur which is inaccurate and shouldn't be tolerated at football. It's that kind of chat which remains an embarrassment in Scottish society.

BegbieHSC
09-03-2019, 12:44 PM
Tbf, RangersMedia is the splinter ‘more reasonable’ forum from FollowFollow. Frequent and open sectarianism and conspiracy theories.

Check the nick of this thread https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/hibs-should-get-stand-closed-down.68462/

SonOfDavidFrancey
09-03-2019, 01:01 PM
Before seeing this I spent a few mins on FF to see what they were saying. I think there is some sh*te talked on here sometimes but that site is unbelievable.

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2019, 01:04 PM
Before seeing this I spent a few mins on FF to see what they were saying. I think there is some sh*te talked on here sometimes but that site is unbelievable.

It's the internet equivalent of visiting the wards in a lunatic asylum. It's disturbing actually.

Iggy Pope
09-03-2019, 01:15 PM

Unless of course, you are indeed one of those bold poetic warriors.

SChibs
09-03-2019, 01:27 PM
Tbf, RangersMedia is the splinter ‘more reasonable’ forum from FollowFollow. Frequent and open sectarianism and conspiracy theories.

Check the nick of this thread https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/hibs-should-get-stand-closed-down.68462/

One poster says hibs as a club should have been shut down after the cup final. Do these people genuinely believe the things they post?

Michael
09-03-2019, 01:35 PM
One poster says hibs as a club should have been shut down after the cup final. Do these people genuinely believe the things they post?

Well, they'd know a thing or two about clubs getting shut down.

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2019, 01:37 PM
Well, they'd know a thing or two about clubs getting shut down.

:top marks

hhibs
09-03-2019, 01:48 PM

Yes indeed ,a new start ,a new horizons,new hope all I would suggest set in train major change in our society.

OR

Stay the way we are,nothing changes............I know what I want.............HOPE.

BigKev
09-03-2019, 02:03 PM
They want ER closed down yet fail to mention their own fans confronting Scott Brown or the linesman in the Europa League.

Clearly these events have been conveniently forgotten

Tomsk
09-03-2019, 02:10 PM
Yes indeed ,a new start ,a new horizons,new hope all I would suggest set in train major change in our society.

OR

Stay the way we are,nothing changes............I know what I want.............HOPE.

Not actually answering the question, are you.

Still, this is not the place. So I'll leave it there.

Speedway
09-03-2019, 04:22 PM

We just used to call him a ‘fat Eddie Murphy’ as I recall.

NAE NOOKIE
09-03-2019, 05:38 PM
I'm in favour of Independence but; it's really not going to solve problems like bigotry and racism. Those are completely separate issues.

I agree. That's very naive to even imagine it

Don't want this to turn political, but just to make an observation:

If you ask me there is a significant element within the Billy Boys / Orange walk attending fraternity who actually cant wait for Scotland to become independent. They would revel in the chance to ramp up their everybody is against us tin foil hat wearing pish and to portray themselves as the last bastions of 'Britishness' keeping the flame burning until the Queen rides over the horizon with Winston Churchill at her side to sweep away the nasty disloyal rebel Nats.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if half of them voted for independence …. a bit like the gun nutters in America who secretly pray for the Zombie apocalypse so they can get a chance to play at survivalists and waste Zombies :greengrin

EastCalderHibby
10-03-2019, 02:55 PM

they want er shut down :faf::faf::faf:

EastCalderHibby
10-03-2019, 03:01 PM
Don't want this to turn political, but just to make an observation:

If you ask me there is a significant element within the Billy Boys / Orange walk attending fraternity who actually cant wait for Scotland to become independent. They would revel in the chance to ramp up their everybody is against us tin foil hat wearing pish and to portray themselves as the last bastions of 'Britishness' keeping the flame burning until the Queen rides over the horizon with Winston Churchill at her side to sweep away the nasty disloyal rebel Nats.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if half of them voted for independence …. a bit like the gun nutters in America who secretly pray for the Zombie apocalypse so they can get a chance to play at survivalists and waste Zombies :greengrin

would that no be wasting themselves as they are the zombies

Crab apple
10-03-2019, 04:05 PM

The majority of posters on FF appear to be seriously disturbed. Hopefully not too many of them are walking the streets unaccompanied.

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2019, 04:08 PM
would that no be wasting themselves as they are the zombies

Touche' :greengrin

adhibs
10-03-2019, 04:13 PM
**** rangers. Loving their tears since Friday

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2019, 04:16 PM
Just popped back onto the Rangers media link to see if the thread had gotten any more hilarious …….. I wasn't bothered by the casual ingrained bigotry which is after all what you would expect … I was absolutely ''shocked'' to see the forum has a moderator :faf: ….. should that no be 'Proderator' :greengrin

Jones28
10-03-2019, 04:19 PM
Just popped back onto the Rangers media link to see if the thread had gotten any more hilarious …….. I wasn't bothered by the casual ingrained bigotry which is after all what you would expect … I was absolutely ''shocked'' to see the forum has a moderator :faf: ….. should that no be 'Proderator' :greengrin
I don't think they can really call themselves moderators with the amount of stuff that goes unchecked on that forum.

BullsCloseHibs
10-03-2019, 05:45 PM
I loathe that blue vile filth of a club.

Famous Fiver
10-03-2019, 06:47 PM
I take it the statement from Jim Traynor will be a cracker.

He has had all weekend to work on it.

Don't think he will be asleep at the wheel.

Jones28
11-03-2019, 05:16 PM
Well? Come on Jim

:I'm waiti

Famous Fiver
11-03-2019, 06:12 PM
I think that on the principle that people in glass houses should not throw stones he is struggling to come up with an acceptable reaction.

Pleasing.

CockneyRebel
11-03-2019, 06:19 PM

Just read a few, one of them said "Hibs should be punished - we must have standards". I had to wait ten minutes to stop laughing until I could post this!

Squealing pig
11-03-2019, 07:05 PM
Clyde football phonein was a good listen tonight too they r seething 😂

Monts
12-03-2019, 08:28 AM
I think you might be one for being easily offended tbh, cos I can't see how that's in any way racist? Maybe I'm missing something and you could explain?

In what way does he look like a rotten orange, other than being brown?

Rocky
12-03-2019, 08:58 AM
In what way does he look like a rotten orange, other than being brown?

I've never seen a brown rotten orange, they go green with white fur that I've seen. If the brownness was the intended link then fair enough, I didn't make that association at all though.

Baader
12-03-2019, 09:05 AM
I don't think they can really call themselves moderators with the amount of stuff that goes unchecked on that forum.

They love The Moderator though. :pray:

Besties Debut
12-03-2019, 09:50 AM
That must be one of the most insane fans forums in the UK. Some of the posters are barking at the moon and that's just the admin. Its frightening to think that these people live amongst us and are allowed to vote.

Since452
12-03-2019, 10:08 AM
What planet do they live on? Scary

Dan Sarf
12-03-2019, 10:15 AM
It's a decent read, the threads follow the same format every time, they try to outdo each other with the most bigoted, racist or idiotic comment before turning on each other and accuse each other of being 'faggots' or paedophiles. A group of very angry men.
You can see why they are angry though, the pope and the IRA do present a significant threat to working class, non-religious men living in the west of Scotland, so it's best to express that anger at Scottish football matches and on the internet on football forums.

:top marks

BegbieHSC
12-03-2019, 10:19 AM
That must be one of the most insane fans forums in the UK. Some of the posters are barking at the moon and that's just the admin. Its frightening to think that these people live amongst us and are allowed to vote.

Rangers Media are the ‘moderate’ split off from the FollowFollow forum.

Posters on FollowFollow genuinly post regularly about an impending Protestant genocide led by an IRA infiltration of the Scottish Government and the SFA. I wish I was joking, but that’s what has been posted previously.

Aim Here
12-03-2019, 10:29 AM
Rangers Media are the ‘moderate’ split off from the FollowFollow forum.

Posters on FollowFollow genuinly post regularly about an impending Protestant genocide led by an IRA infiltration of the Scottish Government and the SFA. I wish I was joking, but that’s what has been posted previously.

You sure it's not the other way about? From occasional browsing of both, I always got the impression that FollowFollow was the slightly less venal of the two, though there's not much in it, I'll admit. RangersMedia is the ones where the UDA is often praised, there's a regular poster with a Gusty Spence forum avatar and another with the 'K.A.I.' username (presumably 'K.A.T.' was too much even for the Rangersmedia moderators).

When the two talk about each other, it seems to me that RangersMedia considers FollowFollow to be puppets of the established Rangers hierarchy and Club 1872 or something, while they see themselves as independent outsiders.

Besties Debut
12-03-2019, 10:36 AM
You sure it's not the other way about? From occasional browsing of both, I always got the impression that FollowFollow was the slightly less venal of the two, though there's not much in it, I'll admit. RangersMedia is the ones where the UDA is often praised, there's a regular poster with a Gusty Spence forum avatar and another with the 'K.A.I.' username (presumably 'K.A.T.' was too much even for the Rangers media moderators). Follow Follow is full of paranoid lunatics but the admin keeps a tighter grip on some of the venom that many huns post online. Both forums are obsessed with pedophilia. I can imagine its more to do with the fact that they see it as a stick to hit the Catholic church with as opposed to any child welfare concerns.

WeeRussell
12-03-2019, 07:56 PM
First few replies to the OP was about the most sensible and agreeable read I’ve ever had on rangers media.