PDA

View Full Version : Our clown supporters......

HappyAsHellas
08-03-2019, 11:38 PM
Having been watching Hibs for over 50 years I consider myself thoroughly unoffendable at shouts, chants etc as I've heard it all before. Tonight however was a new low for me on a personal level. A Hibs fan singing what he thought was an amusing little ditty about Milligan being somewhat overly active in a masturbatory sense, and rounding it off by screaming "get him to F out of my club" to his adoring little bunch of ned friends, who naturally nodded their heads in agreement. This was outside the FF at half time fag break. They then went on to sing about the Ibrox disaster on their way back in to the ground.
I'm not a sensitive soul but have noticed these vermin seem to crawl out from under their respective rocks when we play either of the bigot brothers. Evening kick offs seem to add fuel of an alcoholic variety to these occasions. At the Celtic game I saw a supposed Hibs fan stamp on and break a seat, and tonight this. Wow, where do these morons come from?
In a feeble attempt to lighten the mood somewhat, another guy screamed at Kamberi during the match "You're worse than Lukaku"

Delighted with the point tonight by the way, maybe I'm just getting too old for this σκατα!

overdrive
08-03-2019, 11:43 PM
Add in the songs about the IRA and bizarrely given the opposition, Scott Brown’s dead sister. Disgusting.

Some of the Allan McGregor ditties were a bit distasteful too.

allezsauzee
08-03-2019, 11:44 PM
I think there are an increasing number of idiots watching Hibs who seem to want to match the worst of the bile that we see from bigot brothers. They have no place at our club.

Wheat Hound
08-03-2019, 11:44 PM
I'd rather focus on the thousands of great supporters we have and the good point we earned tonight against a reprehensible outfit.

The 90+2
08-03-2019, 11:46 PM
Add in the songs about the IRA and bizarrely given the opposition, Scott Brown’s dead sister. Disgusting.

What? Hibs fans where signing about Browns sister Fiona? No danger. If so get them all to ****.

Ringothedog
08-03-2019, 11:49 PM
I'd rather focus on the thousands of great supporters we have and the good point we earned tonight against a reprehensible outfit.

Absolutely 10/10

One Day Soon
08-03-2019, 11:54 PM

Anyone singing about Scott's sister shouldn't just be banned...

HappyAsHellas
08-03-2019, 11:55 PM

Normally I'd be right with you on this, but tonight looking around in the singing section at the amount of people there who obviously have no tickets for there and listening to their odious, puerile arse dribble it really annoyed me.

I'd like to make it perfectly clear that these morons are nothing to do with the section guys themselves who were great again tonight although I take it the regular drummer is on holiday.

The 90+2
08-03-2019, 11:55 PM
Anyone singing about Scott's sister shouldn't just be banned...

Correct.

leggeto
09-03-2019, 12:00 AM
New there would be bother tonight,Friday night rangers at home,always going to be a problem

overdrive
09-03-2019, 12:01 AM
There was also the idiot who was lucky not to fall from the FF Upper to the lower tier when we scored. Climbed on top of the wall giving it laldy and clearly pished.

Mibbes Aye
09-03-2019, 12:03 AM

That’s nice but if we don’t call out the bad stuff when it happens, then we are just letting it go.

And that’s not right.

Hermit Crab
09-03-2019, 12:06 AM
After tonights events I think we can kiss goodbye to anymore Friday/Saturday night matches involving us vs Hearts, Rangers or Celtic. 12pm kick offs on Sundays loom for us.

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 12:06 AM
There was also the idiot who was lucky not to fall from the FF Upper to the lower tier when we scored. Climbed on top of the wall giving it laldy and clearly pished.

Where about in the FF was the people singing about Broonys sister? You can’t just move on from that without going into detail.

Hermit Crab
09-03-2019, 12:07 AM

Natural selection?

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 12:08 AM
After tonights events I think we can kiss goodbye to anymore Friday/Saturday night matches involving us vs Hearts, Rangers or Celtic. 12pm kick offs on Sundays loom for us.

Yep. There’s a reason the Glasgow clubs, Hearts and Aberdeen don’t get these games cat a matches. We’ve just joined them.

overdrive
09-03-2019, 12:08 AM
Where about in the FF was the people singing about Broonys sister? You can’t just move on from that without going into detail.

Singing section. Probably not the regulars. There were a whole load of younger guys I’d never seen before. I sit in front of the singing section so I don’t see them, generally, when specific stuff is said.

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 12:11 AM
Singing section. Probably not the regulars. There were a whole load of younger guys I’d never seen before. I sit in front of the singing section so I don’t see them, generally, when specific stuff is said.

Now they need identified and beaten senseless.

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2019, 12:13 AM

Fixtures like this always seem to attract hanger ons. That’s disgraceful though, no reason not to believe you but obviously being in the East means there was no chance of me hearing it. Hope karma gets them.

Captain Trips
09-03-2019, 12:14 AM
The guy will hopefully get a life ban but equally so you should if throwing seats.

It seems going onto pitch trumps all else. Aye it is whataboutery which there is nowt wrong with.

oldbutdim
09-03-2019, 12:15 AM

I'm FF Upper.

I didn't even know he had a sister, far less sing about her.

Hermit Crab
09-03-2019, 12:16 AM
Now they need identified and beaten senseless.

Aye because thats the answer right enough...:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
09-03-2019, 12:18 AM
The guy will hopefully get a life ban but equally so you should if throwing seats.

It seems going onto pitch trumps all else. Aye it is whataboutery which there is nowt wrong with.

If you're referring to guy that ran on from the East then LD stated in her radio interview that he will be banned from Easter Rd for life with immediate effect.

Chorley Hibee
09-03-2019, 12:20 AM
Let me be absolutely clear, the ********s in our support deserve to feel the full force of the law, and I support Hibs in their stance on that matter.

It does beg the question though, why do we remain silent on sectarian singing in our stadium, and the vile sectarian abuse aimed at both our previous managers?

I fully understand the argument attached to "getting our own house in order" but it needn't absolve our board from condemning the behaviour of others, especially when aimed at our support and employees.

overdrive
09-03-2019, 12:22 AM
I'm FF Upper.

I didn't even know he had a sister, far less sing about her.

Definitely happened. Interspersed in the Allan McGregor “sex offender” chants. They were most definitely in the minority which may be why you never heard them.

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2019, 12:31 AM
Definitely happened. Interspersed in the Allan McGregor “sex offender” chants. They were most definitely in the minority which may be why you never heard them.

Not in the business of defending that second chant but Allan McGregor is an absolute ****bag and his behaviour towards women is less than exemplary. It’s certainly night and day from singing about poor Scott’s sister, (purely IMO).

overdrive
09-03-2019, 12:49 AM
Not in the business of defending that second chant but Allan McGregor is an absolute ****bag and his behaviour towards women is less than exemplary. It’s certainly night and day from singing about poor Scott’s sister, (purely IMO).

I totally agree.

Tornadoes70
09-03-2019, 01:26 AM

Snowflakes here there and everywhere these days. Back in the day there were mass brawls breaking out in the terracings, stones, bottles, darts and cans of lager being thrown into the opposition, pitch invasions every other derby etc.

I remember attending a run of the mill away Scottish Cup tie against East Fife back in the early eighties no segregation when the Methil skins/punks came wading into us with bike chains, hammers and other weapons until we fought back returning them back into their own end.

I'm sorry but its like chalk and cheese compared to then and now.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

tonyrougier123
09-03-2019, 01:29 AM
Are these wee neds even hibs fans??buckfast and sqaure go's.really?even in the casuals day boys had more class.just really crap patter! Its funny how these folk arny really recognisable to the supporters they are sitting amongst.clearly at it some of them.

hibbydog
09-03-2019, 02:35 AM
When the Hibs players pull on the jersey they are representing our club. When the fans put their colours on and go to games they are too.

Like it or not, if say 100 out of 16,000 hibs fans do something like what’s been said on this thread, it ends up with all of us labelled as the same.

I’m fed up answering questions from people about these incidents as if the idiots are acting in the name of our great club. Sadly if you’re labelled as a Hibs fan, then the only thing people will associate you with is what is in the mainstream media.

You’re a hibby? Do you throw bottles at the opposing players? Did you invade the pitch and break the crossbar at Hampden?

No mention of many of the great things associated with being a hibs fan, such as the Dnipro appeal or our brilliant food bank donations. Nah that’s not a juicy enough story and doesn’t sell newspapers so the Glasgow dominated media will just write about whatever makes us look bad.

Pretty depressing IMO and no wonder Leanne was raging. Football has always attracted a small minority of brainless aggressive morons who use it as a vehicle to practice being a bell end.

Zero tolerance approach and we need these people to be taken away from our great club.

Paul1642
09-03-2019, 02:54 AM
Snowflakes here there and everywhere these days. Back in the day there were mass brawls breaking out in the terracings, stones, bottles, darts and cans of lager being thrown into the opposition, pitch invasions every other derby etc.

I remember attending a run of the mill away Scottish Cup tie against East Fife back in the early eighties no segregation when the Methil skins/punks came wading into us with bike chains, hammers and other weapons until we fought back returning them back into their own end.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Aye but just because things are a lot better doesn’t mean we should just accept these ***** and say “well, at least it’s better than the 80’s”

SquashedFrogg
09-03-2019, 06:10 AM

Delighted if this is the case tbh.

Todi114
09-03-2019, 06:46 AM
I sit right behind the singing section there are plenty of spare seats available against the smaller teams the hearts and old firm games attract a lot of undesirables that attaché themselves to the singing section
there were smoke bombs and one guy holding some kind of flare nobody approached him to remove it definitely swapping seats next season

SquashedFrogg
09-03-2019, 06:54 AM
I sit right behind the singing section there are plenty of spare seats available against the smaller teams the hearts and old firm games attract a lot of undesirables that attaché themselves to the singing section
there were smoke bombs and one guy holding some kind of flare nobody approached him to remove it definitely swapping seats next season

Has there really been smoke bombs up in the FF? Or a flare? Has there really?

hibee
09-03-2019, 07:04 AM

Yes, several last night, one went on for a long time and was passed around several people right in front of the stewards who done absolutely nothing about it.

SquashedFrogg
09-03-2019, 07:17 AM
Yes, several last night, one went on for a long time and was passed around several people right in front of the stewards who done absolutely nothing about it.

Fair enough. Never saw any smoke from where I sit in the East.

staunchhibby
09-03-2019, 07:25 AM
If this moronic behaviour continues I can see fencing or netting surrounding the pitch.They had high netting in Bronby when we played them.

hibsmad
09-03-2019, 07:33 AM
Not seen it mentioned but a drumstick was thrown from the top tier of the FF in the first half. Think it was just after they scored and landed on the grass just short of the pitch.

We may not have the same deep rooted sectarian problem as Rangers, Celtic and even Hearts. However we certainly have our fair share of idiots within our support.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2019, 07:36 AM

The thousands of great supporters who are having their names and reputation trashed by a brunch of cowardly morons.

The arse holes in our support need to be identified, criticised and either forced to temper their behaviour, or forced out of the club.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2019, 07:49 AM

Would anyone justify singing songs about a human being at their work in any other environment than football?

I don't like McGregor, but that's indefensible.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2019, 07:53 AM

Mon the Cabbage!!!

People who want to watch sport in a safe environment are snowflakes?

Don't come to the football if you can't cope with a fight breaking out.

I'm trying hard to resist the temptation to insult you, but that post is utter nonsense.

:bitchy:

FFupper
09-03-2019, 07:55 AM
I sit in the FF and have to agree, some of the songs and things being shouted last night was pretty poor. Worst I've heard from the singing section. Not great when you're sitting with two kids.

09-03-2019, 08:28 AM
People who want to watch sport in a safe environment are snowflakes?

Don't come to the football if you can't cope with a fight breaking out.

I'm trying hard to resist the temptation to insult you, but that post is utter nonsense.

:bitchy:

Well said. I wholeheartedly agree.

Weegreenman
09-03-2019, 08:31 AM

This :top marks

Carheenlea
09-03-2019, 08:49 AM
Disorder at football matches in 2019 bears no resemblance to what most of us have grown up with. Two incidents in as many games for us has set the alarm bells off a bit, but it’s just one step back after many steps forward. As bad as last nights looked, the bottom line was no blows were exchanged and no player was “attacked”. The boy will have a day in court, a lengthy ER ban and a fine to look forward to. Last weeks throwing of a glass bottle was a far more serious incident.
Both isolated incidents and I’d be more concerned if we were talking about large numbers of fans being involved in disorder. You want to keep the sizzling atmosphere that goes with Derby’s and Old Firm encounters, but there will always be chance of things spilling over as a result. Next week will be different against Motherwell, and I have nothing to worry about when I bring my two young daughters along with my wife to enjoy a family outing at Easter Road. The same can be said for most games really.

andybev1
09-03-2019, 10:59 AM
There was a guy (sounded Irish) in my section at the centre left front who would not stop having a go at milligan. It eventually stopped when a guy behind him reminded him that he was a hibs player and to shut the **** up. He disappeared after that thankfully. real idiots at night games having had a skinful first.

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2019, 11:06 AM
Would anyone justify singing songs about a human being at their work in any other environment than football?

I don't like McGregor, but that's indefensible.

The allegations of McGregor’s behaviour towards women seem far more reprehensible to me than some people singing songs reminding him of it, but each to their own I suppose.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2019, 11:24 AM
The allegations of McGregor’s behaviour towards women seem far more reprehensible to me than some people singing songs reminding him of it, but each to their own I suppose.

Are those the allegations which were levied at him in 2010, but were thrown out by the police?

Or different ones that only you have heard of?

Allegations which you, for no reason other than a dislike of the man, choose to believe.

I remember that Richard Gough was alleged to be a child molester.

I hope I never see you arguing that people are innocent until proven guilty.

vahibbie
09-03-2019, 11:25 AM

Mon the Cabbage!!!

I think most of us have long since ceased dragging our knuckles along the ground.

You sound like all the other "old time casuals" who delight in glorifying and way over exaggerating their experiences.

Besties Debut
09-03-2019, 11:27 AM
Having been watching Hibs for over 50 years I consider myself thoroughly unoffendable at shouts, chants etc as I've heard it all before. Tonight however was a new low for me on a personal level. A Hibs fan singing what he thought was an amusing little ditty about Milligan being somewhat overly active in a masturbatory sense, and rounding it off by screaming "get him to F out of my club" to his adoring little bunch of ned friends, who naturally nodded their heads in agreement. This was outside the FF at half time fag break. They then went on to sing about the Ibrox disaster on their way back in to the ground.
I'm not a sensitive soul but have noticed these vermin seem to crawl out from under their respective rocks when we play either of the bigot brothers. Evening kick offs seem to add fuel of an alcoholic variety to these occasions. At the Celtic game I saw a supposed Hibs fan stamp on and break a seat, and tonight this. Wow, where do these morons come from?
In a feeble attempt to lighten the mood somewhat, another guy screamed at Kamberi during the match "You're worse than Lukaku"

Delighted with the point tonight by the way, maybe I'm just getting too old for this σκατα! We are all overly active in a masturbatory sense...... I blame pornhub

Hibbyradge
09-03-2019, 11:30 AM
We are all overly active in a masturbatory sense...... I blame pornhub

No such thing as overly active in that sense.

Wheat Hound
09-03-2019, 11:31 AM
The thousands of great supporters who are having their names and reputation trashed by a brunch of cowardly morons.

The arse holes in our support need to be identified, criticised and either forced to temper their behaviour, or forced out of the club.

Agreed. It is a collective responsibility to get rid of such reprobates. However, equally it is key to remember they are very much a distinct minority and we shouldn't add to the hysteria of the Daily Record et al that there is some form of crisis that needs extreme action such as stand/stadium closures.

Mili Tant
09-03-2019, 11:44 AM
Let me be absolutely clear, the ********s in our support deserve to feel the full force of the law, and I support Hibs in their stance on that matter.

It does beg the question though, why do we remain silent on sectarian singing in our stadium, and the vile sectarian abuse aimed at both our previous managers?

I fully understand the argument attached to "getting our own house in order" but it needn't absolve our board from condemning the behaviour of others, especially when aimed at our support and employees.

Absolutely bang on! I have emailed Leeann Dempster, twice in the past few weeks, pointing out how the Hibs board were ignoring this sectarian bile which made us complicit. We have CCTV and the full details of everyone sitting in that stand. Yet, for reasons known only to our board, we do not hand this info to Police Scotland and demand that action be taken. Or do we? As I have no reply I am still in the dark. To see her, rightly, condemn the moron that felt the need to invade the park for a kick about and totally ignore the morons who were again "up to their knees in fenian blood" leaves a bad taste in the mouth. It's time to take action or watch our game go further down the tubes.

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2019, 11:54 AM
Are those the allegations which were levied at him in 2010, but were thrown out by the police?

Or different ones that only you have heard of?

Allegations which you, for no reason other than a dislike of the man, choose to believe.

I remember that Richard Gough was alleged to be a child molester.

I hope I never see you arguing that people are innocent until proven guilty.

Very sorry to have dragged your son’s name through the mud like that, Mr McGregor.

bigwheel
09-03-2019, 12:05 PM
Absolutely bang on! I have emailed Leeann Dempster, twice in the past few weeks, pointing out how the Hibs board were ignoring this sectarian bile which made us complicit. We have CCTV and the full details of everyone sitting in that stand. Yet, for reasons known only to our board, we do not hand this info to Police Scotland and demand that action be taken. Or do we? As I have no reply I am still in the dark. To see her, rightly, condemn the moron that felt the need to invade the park for a kick about and totally ignore the morons who were again "up to their knees in fenian blood" leaves a bad taste in the mouth. It's time to take action or watch our game go further down the tubes.

The one thing I can never get worked up about is songs that are sung....for me (including ourselves - like the more recent Mercer stuff) these songs of hate or bigotry simply reflect on the fans and the club...it's who they are..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RIP
09-03-2019, 05:37 PM
To be fair to club management they stowed what was Sect43, later Since1875, up in the top corner of the Famous Five Stand to keep them as far away from the pitch as possible.

They are fabulous away from home and Hibs have just been voted the best away support in Scotland

As with the main singing section in the East, in big games its the twice a year junkies and jakies that create the problems

greenlex
09-03-2019, 05:41 PM
I honestly think it’s time to drug test and/or breathalyse supporters entering the stadium. Limits should be set. It’s an offence to enter under the influence.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2019, 05:43 PM
Very sorry to have dragged your son’s name through the mud like that, Mr McGregor.

That's a stupid remark exposing your inability to answer my valid points.

I'm not even sure why you went to the effort of posting the meaningless nonsense.

Lago
09-03-2019, 06:28 PM

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Having been at that game I don't remember that level of violence, a little exaggeration perhaps.

bigwheel
09-03-2019, 06:30 PM
Having been at that game I don't remember that level of violence, a little exaggeration perhaps.

Don't recall any trouble at that game either....

Lago
09-03-2019, 06:34 PM
:aok:
Don't recall any trouble at that game either....

MSK
09-03-2019, 06:42 PM
Having been at that game I don't remember that level of violence, a little exaggeration perhaps.Likewise, I was in the covered enclosure and dont remember anything happening

Gaffer1875
09-03-2019, 07:57 PM
I can’t be the only one that is considering not renewing my ST due to recent events. I take my young daughter to every home games and 5/6 away games every season. I can tolerate the language as it’s part of the game but the racism, object throwing, aggression from some of our fans is getting too much. I sit in the FF upper so can relate to some of the comments already mentioned in here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goosefat
09-03-2019, 09:01 PM
Natural selection?

Chose in his favour, this time.

Tick tock...

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2019, 09:02 PM
That's a stupid remark exposing your inability to answer my valid points.

I'm not even sure why you went to the effort of posting the meaningless nonsense.

I think it was because you tried to make comparisons between singing about McGregor and the rumoured singing about Scott Brown's dead sister, and I pointed out that the two aren't remotely comparable.

marinello59
09-03-2019, 09:06 PM
I can’t be the only one that is considering not renewing my ST due to recent events. I take my young daughter to every home games and 5/6 away games every season. I can tolerate the language as it’s part of the game but the racism, object throwing, aggression from some of our fans is getting too much. I sit in the FF upper so can relate to some of the comments already mentioned in here...

Have you heard any racist comments from fans around you? The headlines may not have been good after the last two games but it was down to the actions of only two fans. I’m not seeing any significant change in the behaviour of our fans over the past ten years, we are in the main a decent bunch.

goosefat
09-03-2019, 09:06 PM

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Back in thu faakin good ole dayz...

Embarrassed facepalm

Hibbyradge
09-03-2019, 09:09 PM
I think it was because you tried to make comparisons between singing about McGregor and the rumoured singing about Scott Brown's dead sister, and I pointed out that the two aren't remotely comparable.

I made no reference to Scott Brown or his sister.

hibs69
09-03-2019, 09:31 PM
I’m not seeing any significant change in the behaviour of our fans over the past ten years, we are in the main a decent bunch.

Total agreement here. Been in the East since the late 80s and it’s just the absolute baws. Tens of thousands of great fans past 30 years, (one twit last night.) Great people experiencing the highs and lows of a great club.

Gaffer1875
10-03-2019, 08:41 AM
Have you heard any racist comments from fans around you? The headlines may not have been good after the last two games but it was down to the actions of only two fans. I’m not seeing any significant change in the behaviour of our fans over the past ten years, we are in the main a decent bunch.

Yes I have. Not sure where you sit but as it’s been mentioned, the FF upper had a large group of Neds blocking the stairwells, arguing with stewards, standing on the edge of the FF upper with no one doing anything about it. It’s not just my daughter but there are other kids around us and personally speaking I think the behaviour or others is getting worse generally.

linlithgowhibbie
10-03-2019, 08:42 AM

Perhaps try moving to FFL family section, possibly less anti social behaviour there !:aok:

Is It On....
10-03-2019, 08:46 AM

Delighted with the point tonight by the way, maybe I'm just getting too old for this σκατα!

You better hope the admins don't load up their Greek keyboards and get their spell checker out 😂

Hibbyradge
10-03-2019, 09:01 AM
You better hope the admins don't load up their Greek keyboards and get their spell checker out 😂

I don't think anyone would need a spell checker, or even a translator, to understand what he means. 💩

StevieT
10-03-2019, 09:08 AM
I have now seen several posts on a few threads saying that a drumstick was thrown from the FF Upper. I would normally expect these posts to be shot down in flames if untrue so therefore assume it did happen. Someone must know and if it did happen then we need to start weeding theses guys out of our support before someone gets seriously hurt.

dp00
10-03-2019, 10:13 AM
The problem also is they search all the people entering early but then when it starts to get really busy nearer kick off they stop searching . Now I’d hazard a guess that the people bringing flares, alcohol etc into the ground aren’t the ones arriving early

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2019, 10:37 AM
I have now seen several posts on a few threads saying that a drumstick was thrown from the FF Upper. I would normally expect these posts to be shot down in flames if untrue so therefore assume it did happen. Someone must know and if it did happen then we need to start weeding theses guys out of our support before someone gets seriously hurt.

:agree:

Who brings a cooked chicken to a football match?

snedzuk
10-03-2019, 10:39 AM

Some plucking idiots these days.

The 90+2
10-03-2019, 10:44 AM
I honestly think it’s time to drug test and/or breathalyse supporters entering the stadium. Limits should be set. It’s an offence to enter under the influence.

Get the police to fund this and I would agree.

The 90+2
10-03-2019, 10:45 AM

Maybe move to the family stand in the lower then? That’s what it’s there for.

Wee Effen Bee
10-03-2019, 10:49 AM

Please tell me this is Alan Partridge stuff! Anyone who thinks this is a goer is great at parody or on Planet Zargon themselves!😯

emerald green
10-03-2019, 10:52 AM
Just a few thoughts on Friday night's match FWIW.

I just got a sense that there was a horrible atmosphere in the air before this match. Even more so than usual for this fixture.

There seemed to be an even larger police presence around the ground than usual. It was as if they were expecting trouble. I saw a very large group of young blokes (Hibs supporters) being "kettled" (for want of a better expression) in Montgomery Street prior to KO, with mounted police well in attendance. Further along the street, at the Easter Road junction with Montgomery Street, mounted police and vans had also blocked off access to Easter Road itself.

I can well understand Leeann Dempster's, and the club's, anger and frustration at the behaviour of some individuals given all the hard work she and others have put in to result in Hibernian FC this year being the Scottish FA Community Club of the Year.

CMurdoch
10-03-2019, 11:13 AM

Hibernian FC is a business. Why would the Police fund testing a businesses customers.
Ball is firmly in the court of the club and decent supporters to force out the ********s.

Nothing the club or supporters could do about the guy on Friday.
He is caught, banned for life and going to court.

However, our fans should have identified the guy who threw the bottle.
That incident is a hundred times worse than Friday's guy and sectarian singing and could have resulted in death.
Let that sink in. One of our supporters could have killed a player or a fellow fan.
Fans around that guy should have captured him and handed him over.
These guys are dragging us through the **** and if the good supporters don't want this to continue they need to step up to the plate.

As for the neds that infiltrated the singing section on Friday night, that should have been sorted out by a load of stewards checking the tickets of fans standing there and getting rid of those without tickets to be in that section.

Malthibby
10-03-2019, 12:47 PM
Maybe move to the family stand in the lower then? That’s what it’s there for.

It's there for families so kids can come to games without hearing too much adult content but I don't think 'adult content' should include racist abuse and violence anywhere in the ground. I think the idea is that we get rid of the 'fans' who are being racist and violent so we can watch our team without their bile. Zero tolerance before this gets worse.

Stonewall
10-03-2019, 01:08 PM

It’s hard to tell whether behaviour has got worse of late but my sense is that it has and the game on Friday was a real low for me. From the trouble outside Middleton’s before the game to the selfish and obnoxious behaviour of the pissed/ coked up headbangers beside me who contrived to break the seat in front of them it was not an experience I’d like to replicate.

No I haven’t reported it to the club as I have to sit beside them next game.

i’m not at the stage of giving up my ST but I’ll certainly be moving seats next year.

dchibs
10-03-2019, 01:09 PM

Probably better than the pies.

greenlex
10-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Please tell me this is Alan Partridge stuff! Anyone who thinks this is a goer is great at parody or on Planet Zargon themselves!��
Which part? Testing or getting plod to pay?

hibbyfraelibby
10-03-2019, 05:09 PM

Yes. White smoke eejit got huckled

Lendo
10-03-2019, 05:32 PM

Mon the Cabbage!!!

⚠️Snowflake Kalxon!!⚠️

McIntosh
10-03-2019, 07:10 PM
After tonights events I think we can kiss goodbye to anymore Friday/Saturday night matches involving us vs Hearts, Rangers or Celtic. 12pm kick offs on Sundays loom for us. Maybe no bad thing.

BoomtownHibees
10-03-2019, 07:11 PM
Maybe no bad thing.

Didn’t make any difference in today’s game

bubblesmorrison
10-03-2019, 07:38 PM

Sweep sweep sweeeeeep!

Pretty Boy
10-03-2019, 07:53 PM
Like it or not Hibs v Rangers has become the powder keg fixture on the football calendar. Their hatred of us has ramped up a fair few levels and it's not hard to argue the feeling is mutual.

Maybe it's time to apply the same rules as for Old Firm games and stop having evening kick offs? It's a shame because I enjoy a late kick off after a few post work beers but as always a minority don't know their limits, tear the erse out it and act like dicks.

I also don't think we should lose sight of the fact that incidents like Friday night are still the actions of a minority and are unusual hence why there is so much discussion about it. I've seen chat over the last couple of days about 'mass brawls' and the like suggesting every other football match sees running battles in the street which is total nonsense.

The vast majority of Scottish football games pass off with little or no incident; there have been games in recent times at which there was no Police presence at all and I don't recall any reports of increased trouble. There should certainly be tough action against individuals acting like we have seen in the last couple of weeks but I genuinely don't believe there is any need for radical changes.

FFupper
10-03-2019, 10:31 PM

It did get thrown, landed pitch side right in front of our seats. The stupid thing is a steward picked it up and handed it back when someone came and asked for it!

HappyAsHellas
10-03-2019, 10:49 PM
It was thrown from row JJ in the FF upper, some neds just along from me, all looking sheepish when everyone was looking to see who'd thrown it.

oldbutdim
10-03-2019, 10:55 PM
It did get thrown, landed pitch side right in front of our seats. The stupid thing is a steward picked it up and handed it back when someone came and asked for it!

Quite relieved to hear it was a drumstick.

I didn't see it thrown, but spotted it on the field and thought it was a hammer!

I know I know................

CMurdoch
10-03-2019, 11:08 PM
It’s hard to tell whether behaviour has got worse of late but my sense is that it has and the game on Friday was a real low for me. From the trouble outside Middleton’s before the game to the selfish and obnoxious behaviour of the pissed/ coked up headbangers beside me who contrived to break the seat in front of them it was not an experience I’d like to replicate.

No I haven’t reported it to the club as I have to sit beside them next game.

i’m not at the stage of giving up my ST but I’ll certainly be moving seats next year.

Just report what you saw and the seat numbers of those responsible to the club.
The culprits won't know who has reported them.
Do it anonymously if you want.
It's not like reporting a crime to the Police.
The club will pull them in, they will deny it and the club will keep it on file if they can't prove it.
Perhaps someone has reported their bad behaviour previously and your report will be the final straw.
When you move next season some other poor ******* will have to sit next to them.
The likely hood is they will continue to behave in the same way.
You need to step up to the plate.
As the great quote goes “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

BILLYHIBS
11-03-2019, 06:17 AM

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Back in the day money was short

It was not cans of lager that were thrown it was cans of pish

I went through to East Fife away in the Scottish Cup that night with the Carlton Branch and like most hibbies we were late getting into the ground

IIRC it was mobbed absolutely freezing and HIBS were pish!

Hibs never turned up and I do not recall seeing any trouble

The only good thing that came out of that fixture was Gordon Juke Box Durie :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
11-03-2019, 06:43 AM
Like it or not Hibs v Rangers has become the powder keg fixture on the football calendar. Their hatred of us has ramped up a fair few levels and it's not hard to argue the feeling is mutual.

Maybe it's time to apply the same rules as for Old Firm games and stop having evening kick offs? It's a shame because I enjoy a late kick off after a few post work beers but as always a minority don't know their limits, tear the erse out it and act like dicks.

I also don't think we should lose sight of the fact that incidents like Friday night are still the actions of a minority and are unusual hence why there is so much discussion about it. I've seen chat over the last couple of days about 'mass brawls' and the like suggesting every other football match sees running battles in the street which is total nonsense.

The vast majority of Scottish football games pass off with little or no incident; there have been games in recent times at which there was no Police presence at all and I don't recall any reports of increased trouble. There should certainly be tough action against individuals acting like we have seen in the last couple of weeks but I genuinely don't believe there is any need for radical changes.

Problem is, all hun games would have to be played at 12-12.30. Seems the games they play against Aberdeen are also powderkeg if not worse, then add in sellik to that mix. Common denominator is the huns.

Stonewall
11-03-2019, 07:10 AM
Just report what you saw and the seat numbers of those responsible to the club.
The culprits won't know who has reported them.
Do it anonymously if you want.
It's not like reporting a crime to the Police.
The club will pull them in, they will deny it and the club will keep it on file if they can't prove it.
Perhaps someone has reported their bad behaviour previously and your report will be the final straw.
When you move next season some other poor ******* will have to sit next to them.
The likely hood is they will continue to behave in the same way.
You need to step up to the plate.
As the great quote goes “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

I remonstrated with them at the time, so they would know fine who reported them.

You are are of course correct in what you say.

HappyAsHellas
11-03-2019, 09:24 AM

I went through to East Fife away in the Scottish Cup that night with the Carlton Branch and like most hibbies we were late getting into the ground

The only good thing that came out of that fixture was Gordon Juke Box Durie :greengrin

I went through with the Eastern branch and we all went to a local pub where there were some shouts and a bit of pavement dancing involving, unsurprisingly, Rangers fans. Nothing at all in the ground itself though.

Eaststand
11-03-2019, 09:39 AM

I reckon it was probably either Marshall or Mathews ;-)

GGTTH

McIntosh
11-03-2019, 10:09 AM
Didn’t make any difference in today’s game
I suspect Birmingham will now being looking at a closed door game and points deduction as punishment as will we. I think we have to stamp this nonsense out at Easter Road, this club is being dragged through the mud by fools who are either dumb or too drunk or both to understand what they are doing. The lad that went on the pitch is going to get a stiff sentence and I am sure there will be mitigating circumstances but it seems he going to be made a real example.

DarlingtonHibee
11-03-2019, 10:17 AM
I suspect Birmingham will now being looking at a closed door game and points deduction as punishment as will we. I think we have to stamp this nonsense out at Easter Road, this club is being dragged through the mud by fools who are either dumb or too drunk or both to understand what they are doing. The lad that went on the pitch is going to get a stiff sentence and I am sure there will be mitigating circumstances but it seems he going to be made a real example.

I think the courts will come down heavy on the three individuals.

Depends what they are charged with.

The Birmingham fan will do time.

And if I'm being honest I hope the so called Hibs fan gets jail, if only to stop it happening again.

HibeeHibernian4
11-03-2019, 11:18 AM
It was thrown from row JJ in the FF upper, some neds just along from me, all looking sheepish when everyone was looking to see who'd thrown it.

Not doubting you as you were in that section and I wasn't, but isn't the drum further down the front of the stand (and, therefore, you'd assume that the drumsticks were too?)

CMurdoch
11-03-2019, 12:09 PM
I remonstrated with them at the time, so they would know fine who reported them.

You are are of course correct in what you say.

Well done on challenging them :top marks :aok:.
Big shame on fellow supporters for not backing you up which is another big issue.

What about dumping the morons in the **** once you have secured your new seat?

Lago
11-03-2019, 12:21 PM

The only thing I remember getting thrown that night were Hibs scarfs!!

11-03-2019, 06:04 PM
Sadly the bigger games bring out the idiots and they let down the whole club. 99.9% of hibs fans were no bother, shame the actions of some morons have to drag us all through the mud.

He came on to kick the ball away from Taveniers feet to try and be a smart arse. God only knows what exactly he was hoping to achieve! Made a complete and utter fanny of himself. I don't think he came on to assault the player, he was obviously a drunken wee ned who was tryna be funny and smart by kicking the ball away from Tavenier but nevertheless he should never have been on the pitch. Made an absolute embarrassment of himself and the club.

To whoever you are, I hope you enjoyed your 15 seconds of "fame" you complete moron, now kindly piss off and don't bother coming back to our support.

1875Sean
11-03-2019, 09:02 PM
Good to see this idiot named and shamed

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 09:08 PM
Good to see this idiot named and shamed

Correct. He well deserves the death threats, abuse for his family and job loss based on being an idiot for a minute.

1875Sean
11-03-2019, 09:16 PM
Correct. He well deserves the death threats, abuse for his family and job loss based on being an idiot for a minute.

Can’t believe your defending him

BoomtownHibees
11-03-2019, 09:21 PM

Only one person to blame........

CMurdoch
11-03-2019, 09:31 PM
A strange one.
No previous convictions.
Silly boy.

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 09:33 PM
Can’t believe your defending him

I didn’t defend him. I’m not applauding that his personal information has been outed to the public and the amount of huns who will now make his life torture. He completely deserves that, right? Some butter hun sticks a knife in him but it will be his own fault?

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 09:34 PM
Only one person to blame........

Someone does him in and it’s his own fault? No past convictions and the occasion and drink has got the better and his life deserves to be turned to hell? Nah, not for me.

BoomtownHibees
11-03-2019, 09:36 PM
Someone does him in and it’s his own fault? No past convictions and the occasion and drink has got the better and his life deserves to be turned to hell? Nah, not for me.

Who’s fault is it then if it’s not his own?

1875Sean
11-03-2019, 09:36 PM
I didn’t defend him. I’m not applauding that his personal information has been outed to the public and the amount of huns who will now make his life torture. He completely deserves that, right? Some butter hun sticks a knife in him but it will be his own fault?

What makes you think he is going to get knifed? You know this idiot?

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 09:37 PM
Who’s fault is it then if it’s not his own?

It’s his own fault of such troubles await?

Hibbyradge
11-03-2019, 09:38 PM

If you commit a breach of the peace, your name is put into the public domain.

Are you arguing that pissed up football hooligans should have special treatment?

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 09:38 PM
What makes you think he is going to get knifed? You know this idiot?

The only thing I know about the idiot is he’s been named for loads frothing at the mouth huns to make his life torture and you seem to think it’s a good thing, fair enough. I’m more into redemption and forgiveness when it comes to a mistake/act of idioticy.

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 09:39 PM
If you commit a breach of the peace, your name is put into the public domain.

Are you arguing that pissed up football hooligans should have special treatment?

Nope, Im not delighted the fans been named and shamed neither though. 59,000 huns will be though.

BoomtownHibees
11-03-2019, 09:40 PM
It’s his own fault of such troubles await?

“Every action has a consequence” - my 8 year old daughter gets taught that at school

Hibbyradge
11-03-2019, 09:43 PM
Nope, Im not delighted the fans been named and shamed neither though. 59,000 huns will be though.

He should have thought of the consequences before he decided to prove to the world how much he hates the Rangers.

I doubt anything at all will happen to him, but it really is his own fault that he's in this situation.

Presumably he wanted people to know it was him anyway.

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 09:45 PM
He should have thought of the consequences before he decided to prove to the world how much he hates the Rangers.

I doubt anything at all will happen to him, but it really is his own fault that he's in this situation.

It’s the huns media and Huns we are talking about mate. The boys life’s about to be made hell and fair enough he deserves punishment but people happy about this? Nah, not for me.

Tornadoes70
11-03-2019, 09:45 PM

There was only a set of steps separating us from the East Fife fans in the shed area and myself and my mate at the time were situated there. I guarantee you at one point near the start of the match a number of their fans who mostly looked like skinheads in crombie type threads came wading across the steps piling in waving bike chains and other assorted weapons around. They got chased back across the set of steps but there was serious intent on their part to cause a melee.

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 09:48 PM
“Every action has a consequence” - my 8 year old daughter gets taught that at school

I could walk into the street tomorrow, boot a football in the coupon of an 8 year old, say it was an accident and it wasn’t meant, be named and be in for a lot lot less than some wee banger that’s booted a football away at a match is in for now. Excuse me if I’m not doing cartwheels at that. Just watch the media over the next few days.

Hibbyradge
11-03-2019, 09:49 PM
It’s the huns media and Huns we are talking about mate. The boys life’s about to be made hell and fair enough he deserves punishment but people happy about this? Nah, not for me.

I'm pleased that the consequences of behaving like that look like they could be quite severe. Hopefully that will stop other attention seeking fuds from copying him.

Will I be happy if he gets a kicking because of it? Not particularly, and if anything worse happens, then I hope that they catch the guilty person.

The 90+2
11-03-2019, 09:52 PM
I'm pleased that the consequences of behaving like that look like they could be quite severe. Hopefully that will stop other attention seeking funds from copying him.

Will I be happy if he gets a kicking because of it? Not particularly, and if anything worse happens, then I hope that they catch the guilty person.

👍 I would rather he had a custodial/community service sentence and the judge/fiscal should have taken into consideration the chances of retaliation before releasing his name. The last thing I am is delighted over it and that would be the same if it was a supporter of any other club against the huns too. Mind the job loss/threats that other guy got after the final too?

BoomtownHibees
11-03-2019, 09:57 PM
I could walk into the street tomorrow, boot a football in the coupon of an 8 year old, say it was an accident and it wasn’t meant, be named and be in for a lot lot less than some wee banger that’s booted a football away at a match is in for now. Excuse me if I’m not doing cartwheels at that. Just watch the media over the next few days.

I don’t see anybody “doing cartwheels” about it. If anything happens because of his name being shared (which happens in all of these cases) then it will certainly give him the wake up call he probably needs. Does he deserve a kick in because of what he done? Na, not for me however the accountability is on him

superfurryhibby
11-03-2019, 09:59 PM

Some imagination you have, very creative. However, I’m sure he’ll survive his ordeal and reflect on the stupidity of actions. In fact maybe it will give him time to pause and think, perhaps even pivotal a moment in his life. He transforms from burgeoning chavvy asshole to reformed Joe Citizen, volunteers at the local old people’s day centre and renounces cocaine fuelled Friday nights at the fitbaw. After that the world’s his oyster.

My view on it is summed up by the phrases tough titty and silly **** being a smart ****.

chrisski33
11-03-2019, 10:01 PM

Mon the Cabbage!!!

I smell pish

Tornadoes70
11-03-2019, 10:04 PM
I smell pish

Pish off yourself.

Why would I make things like that up moron.

CentreLine
11-03-2019, 10:13 PM
👍 I would rather he had a custodial/community service sentence and the judge/fiscal should have taken into consideration the chances of retaliation before releasing his name. The last thing I am is delighted over it and that would be the same if it was a supporter of any other club against the huns too. Mind the job loss/threats that other guy got after the final too?

I’m with you here. The mob rule vigilante stuff you are suggesting is unacceptable ina supposedly civilised society. But we do have a precedent here. You will remember the young lad that ran on to the pitch and punched rangers keeper Andy Goram. He was punished in law and named and shamed and, to the best of my knowledge, is still barred from ER but was not attacked by hoards of Rangers fans. Maybe the new club is follow followed by a different animal of course

CMurdoch
11-03-2019, 11:05 PM
I note the guy from Friday has pled guilty to Breach of the Peace.
The interesting thing about the guy is he has no previous convictions.
I know we are all annoyed at the guy but all things considered he shouldn't go to jail.
I note lots of abusive posts from Rangers fans on his facebook account.
Stupid laddy has messed up bigtime.
A shame for his family if they get dragged into this.
He has a kid, maybe this is a wake up call he needed to grow up and get his **** together.
Last thing a kid needs is a **** father.

matty_f
11-03-2019, 11:50 PM

He can't have been that bothered about the prospect of being named and shamed considering he did it live on TV, in a stadium with 20,000 people watching, FFS.

Pete
12-03-2019, 12:44 AM
He’ll probably have a torrid time for a while, with a lot of people wading in just for the sake of it.

After that, nobody will give a monkeys and he’ll just get on with his life.

It’s just the way of the world now so I wouldn’t have any great concern for his long term wellbeing.

I'm Spartacus
12-03-2019, 01:41 PM
Disgusting songs being sung these days, a good point too and we're not even discussing that important part. Cammy Mark ultimately letting the side down after 'Buckfast Gate'

BegbieHSC
12-03-2019, 01:54 PM
I know we are all annoyed at the guy but all things considered he shouldn't go to jail.
He has a kid, maybe this is a wake up call he needed to grow up and get his **** together.

100% agree with this. The last thing this lad needs is jail. He needs rehabilitation and community service - not brutalisation which would happen in prison. He shouldn’t be allowed back in Easter Road for the foreseeable future however, so he understands the severity of dragging our club’s name through the dirt.

The hallmark of a decent society is to rehabilitate, and not brutalise. Prison brutalises people - he’s a 21 year old first time offender. He should get the chance to to redeem himself. At the end of the day, he messed up majorly, but the guy shouldn’t have his life ruined over it at the age of 21 - he was clearly off his face, and he needs to know what he did was unacceptable. He has been done for breach of the peace, and not assault or anything more severe though. He doesn’t deserve disproportionate action just because of the media outcry.

Carheenlea
12-03-2019, 05:47 PM
I smell pish

It`s the first smell that comes to mind when reminiscing over the old Bayview ground.

Trouble at Hibs games in the past was not just exclusive to the big occasions and biggest clubs - games against some of the smaller clubs like East Fife, Motherwell, Ayr Utd, St Mirren and Airdrie to name but a few would often be fixtures where violence would break out.

Lago
12-03-2019, 06:24 PM
The guy is 21 an adult, nó excuse for his behaviour.

Jones28
12-03-2019, 06:43 PM

He's 21 is he not? Hardly a kid and a father as well.

The guys made a mistake that he should have to pay for, and I agree he shouldn't go to jail.

I would be quite satisfied if he was given a community sentence and was issued a lifetime ban from Easter road.

CMurdoch
12-03-2019, 11:30 PM
He's 21 is he not? Hardly a kid and a father as well.

The guys made a mistake that he should have to pay for, and I agree he shouldn't go to jail.

I would be quite satisfied if he was given a community sentence and was issued a lifetime ban from Easter road.

That's 2 big mistakes :wink:.
Will pay for both.
Should probably abstain from big decisions until further notice.

Hector Mudflap
13-03-2019, 01:55 PM
I smell pish
I don't smell it,
I think I was at the same game! Methil and the old Bayview was just along the road for me and it was a Wednesday night. Crap evening and we got beaten 2 nil. Place was absolutely rammed and was/is one of my worst days out following Hibs. Mass fights breaking out everywhere going back to my car (which incidentally was my first ever, a vauxhall Chevette saloon in metallic lime green...... )

Mick O'Rourke
13-03-2019, 02:08 PM
Pish off yourself.

Why would I make things like that up moron.
T70
You are spot on.
It was exactly as you describe.
Visits to the likes of Kilmarnock,Dundee and Airdrie back then was pretty grim in terms of fighting and supporters buses being ambushed after the game.

If i had kept a £ for every broken bus window/attacks i witnessed back in the day....
i could have gave Rod the money for Super Leigh ;-)

I don't excuse the recent behaviour inside football grounds and ER
However,(Ibrox apart;-))
it is far safer these days.
No comparison. imo
Segregation, no bevvy in grounds and seating has influenced this of course.

jodjam
13-03-2019, 02:17 PM

Definitely trouble that day. I got belted by an object thrown from home end. I was taken around the pitch and given bit treatment. Next day called into head masters office. He checked I was ok then wanted to talk about the game. Turned out he was an East Fife supporter and had seen me taken round the pitch

Hibsman07
13-03-2019, 02:41 PM
Is this the "Kangaroo court" thread ???

Or the "Barrack room lawyers" one??

Guy as far as i can tell has no previous and is being hit with a Breach of the Peace charge. FWIW my first offence was also a BoP and i was admonished so why not admonish him with a warning as to future behaviour?
Problem seems to me that the Hun media need to be placated and making an example of this guy would satiate them enormously. They have never forgiven the "exuberance" of 21/05/2016.

Mick O'Rourke
13-03-2019, 02:51 PM
Is this the "Kangaroo court" thread ???

Or the "Barrack room lawyers" one??

Guy as far as i can tell has no previous and is being hit with a Breach of the Peace charge. FWIW my first offence was also a BoP and i was admonished so why not admonish him with a warning as to future behaviour?
Problem seems to me that the Hun media need to be placated and making an example of this guy would satiate them enormously. They have never forgiven the "exuberance" of 21/05/2016.

Well said. :aok:
The consequences of his actions are of course a court appearance, criminal record, public and personal humiliation.
Not to mention the ban he will get from the Club.
How long that will really be... who nows ?
Should it be a life ban ?
If his actions were drink/drug related, i don't think it should be.
I do not know him .
But...
We all make mistakes in life.
He is paying for this one.

BILLYHIBS
13-03-2019, 03:32 PM
Definitely trouble that day. I got belted by an object thrown from home end. I was taken around the pitch and given bit treatment. Next day called into head masters office. He checked I was ok then wanted to talk about the game. Turned out he was an East Fife supporter and had seen me taken round the pitch

Sorry to hear that defo more ********s back in the day

As others have said attending any away fixture had its hazards

I could tell you a few hair raising tales but most involve the Huns

Glad you survived

Bangkok Hibby
13-03-2019, 03:35 PM
I smell pish

I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread and I'm sure your comment has been answered but are you a young man who always thinks older people talk *****?
I can assure you this is how it was. You have no idea

Tornadoes70
13-03-2019, 03:45 PM
T70
You are spot on.
It was exactly as you describe.
Visits to the likes of Kilmarnock,Dundee and Airdrie back then was pretty grim in terms of fighting and supporters buses being ambushed after the game.

If i had kept a £ for every broken bus window/attacks i witnessed back in the day....
i could have gave Rod the money for Super Leigh ;-)

I don't excuse the recent behaviour inside football grounds and ER
However,(Ibrox apart;-))
it is far safer these days.
No comparison. imo
Segregation, no bevvy in grounds and seating has influenced this of course.

One of the worst nights I experienced ever back then was being through there midweek night in the old league cup sections format iirc. Horrible place especially when there weren't many supporters had traveled through as we were pretty much dug s---e back then and money was tight for most folk with that format not very popular either.

Intercity 125 travel was just in its infancy back then.

happiehibbie
13-03-2019, 03:57 PM
I was at an 18th the other night.

As I walked in a bunch of lads not one older than 20 sing about Wallace Mercer.

these kids where not alive when this man tried to take us over my question is Who is telling them these songs.

its getting embarrassing

One Day
13-03-2019, 07:56 PM
It`s the first smell that comes to mind when reminiscing over the old Bayview ground.

Trouble at Hibs games in the past was not just exclusive to the big occasions and biggest clubs - games against some of the smaller clubs like East Fife, Motherwell, Ayr Utd, St Mirren and Airdrie to name but a few would often be fixtures where violence would break out.

Aidrie was carnage at times, bus windows put in, fighting on the way back to the buses

Hibbyradge
13-03-2019, 08:08 PM
Aidrie was carnage at times, bus windows put in, fighting on the way back to the buses

Our bus, Hawkhill, got it's windows smashed in Dumfries.

Two of my mates got arrested, charged and prosecuted, for chasing the folk that did it.

Bangkok Hibby
13-03-2019, 08:20 PM
I think the courts will come down heavy on the three individuals.

Depends what they are charged with.

The Birmingham fan will do time.

And if I'm being honest I hope the so called Hibs fan gets jail, if only to stop it happening again.

But the thing is jail time for this guy won't stop it happening. If the death penalty doesn't stop murder you have to think deterrents dont work.
Well maybe an electric fence ⚡😮

Mick O'Rourke
13-03-2019, 08:39 PM
But the thing is jail time for this guy won't stop it happening. If the death penalty doesn't stop murder you have to think deterrents dont work.
Well maybe an electric fence ⚡😮

I tend to agree with that
The bunnet bandit did not appear to be bevvied the way/speed he ran on the pitch.
And no doubt he knew how it would end up.
No you cant stop all those determined to do such things.

Electric fences ?

Don't hold back there .
Go the full hog
Moats round the pitches, filled with electric eels and piranha fish.
Take yer fishing rod in case the game is rotten.
On that ,i think moats were used in South/Central America many years ago.
Not sure about the piranhas though !

Mick O'Rourke
13-03-2019, 08:47 PM
I was at an 18th the other night.

As I walked in a bunch of lads not one older than 20 sing about Wallace Mercer.

these kids where not alive when this man tried to take us over my question is Who is telling them these songs.

its getting embarrassing

Yes, that song is now.
I disliked the man as much as another Hibernian who went through that "Hands of Hibs" period.
Our younger fans should not need to be chanting this now.