PDA

View Full Version : kamberi

davym7062
09-03-2019, 12:21 AM
ok he scored a goal but I thought he was awful tonight> his first touch is dreadful resulting in his second touch being a tackle.

H18 SFR
09-03-2019, 12:24 AM
ok he scored a goal but I thought he was awful tonight> his first touch is dreadful resulting in his second touch being a tackle.

Seen it very differently, was asked to carry out a crucial role second half and was excellent.

Shrekko
09-03-2019, 12:24 AM
Was a critic earlier this season but thought he was terrific tonight. A few things didn’t come off but he was often lacking options and dealing with some pretty horrific punts.

For me he’s been excellent under the new manager as has McNulty..

They’re going to wreak havoc in games coming up I reckon...

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 12:25 AM
****in hell I thought I was negative. Thread after thread of ripping everything when we just drew with players worth miles more than ours.

Ozyhibby
09-03-2019, 12:27 AM
I thought Kamberri worked hard tonight and played well but let’s face it, he has a terrible first touch. Like, really bad.
Still his first touch for the goal was the most important one so he will be forgiven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
****in hell I thought I was negative. Thread after thread of ripping everything when we just drew with players worth miles more than ours.

A bit like you on the Omeonga thread you mean?

He was brutal the majority of the match for me.

Smartie
He had a few bad touches and made a few mistakes, but it was a great finish for his goal and he put in a tough shift in an unfamiliar role during the second half, the type of shift that we were crying out for if we were to get back into the game.

Harsh criticising him too much tonight.

hibee_girl
09-03-2019, 12:28 AM
I thought Kamberri worked hard tonight and played well but let’s face it, he has a terrible first touch. Like, really bad.
Still his first touch for the goal was the most important one so he will be forgiven.

Agree with this, his first touch can be awful but he worked hard tonight (I mean, he was defending at the corner flag at one point!) and he scored so it's all good :greengrin

sean04
09-03-2019, 12:28 AM
When the team plays well, kamberi plays well. Need ball to feet and players to link with, midfield we're 2 deep 1st half

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 12:29 AM

I didn’t create that thread tbh. Even after my post I found positives after it. Let’s rip Kamberi though as well as tactics, Mallan, the manager, the defence and so on.

calumhibee1
09-03-2019, 12:29 AM
Thought he done alright in an unfamiliar role for 2/3 of the match.

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 12:30 AM

Me too. He ran his socks off and didn’t let his head go down even when McNulty chose Horgan with the pass a lot when Flo’ was looking for it time and again. He took his one chance brilliantly also.

wookie70
09-03-2019, 12:33 AM
3 goals in the last 4 league games and a hell of a shift up and down the left tonight. So pleased he scored again and is our most valuable asset along with Porteous. Bizarre the stick he gets

superbam
09-03-2019, 12:36 AM
Me too. He ran his socks off and didn’t let his head go down even when McNulty chose Horgan with the pass a lot when Flo’ was looking for it time and again. He took his one chance brilliantly also.
Some hibs fans are determined to find solace and redemption in hibs being ***** cos their life is *****. Used to stand in front of an old boy in the East terrace who gave consistent abuse to sauzee cos he was a "showboater". Fair enough having issues with the governance or even the management of our club, 100%, but some of the stick kamberi or whoever is the scapegoat of the day says more about folks mental health than the actual performance of the player concerned.

Billy Whizz
09-03-2019, 12:36 AM

Paid more, not necessarily better though

JohnM1875
09-03-2019, 12:42 AM
Can't believe there's a thread slagging Flo off tonight. The work the boy put in was insane! Must be one of the fittest players I've seen.

Crazy how much of a confidence player he clearly is as well. As soon as he scores he turns into a different player! touch improves, hold up improves, passing improves, flicking over players heads for fun improves. Just hope he keeps it up!

Diclonius
09-03-2019, 01:00 AM
Thought he played very well wide left.

matty_f
09-03-2019, 01:10 AM
He was as bad as his teammates first half but he was much better second half.

truehibernian
09-03-2019, 01:14 AM
Back to being clinical :aok: goals and assists in a weakened side - keep it up big fella :agree:

we are hibs
09-03-2019, 06:43 AM
I think his touch is intentially poor/heavy at times to try and fool the defender. Unfortunately when it doesn't come off he looks terrible. He struggled before the goal but as I said on the other thread once he scored you could see the confidence flowing through him again and he was beating men and holding it up. You have to remember defenders get away with murder for some reason against him, times tonight he was having the shirt nearly taken off him and the ref completely ignored it (like he did most things when it would've involved us getting a decision)

James310
09-03-2019, 07:12 AM
Put in a great shift last night and deserved a goal.

bigwheel
09-03-2019, 07:33 AM
He certainly grew into the game as it went on..and took his goal very well. My thoughts on Kamberi is not just his poor first touch, but more that he is often slow to react as the ball comes towards him...compared to McNulty, who is already on the move...darting and spinning away from his defender. Kamberi is like a battering ram..occasionally he does get through, due his physicality...whereas McNulty gets through due to the cleverness of his movement and runs..

Kamberi would be much easier to play against. Not my type of player. Too obvious with his runs. Don't criticise him for work rate - think that is more than good enough - for me, it is more about his lack of movement and forward thought..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bobby's Cinema
09-03-2019, 07:34 AM
I also thought he was awful and wanted him subbed before scoring. But the guy scored a good goal again and it gets us the point, that's what strikers are meant to do - and he looked more dangerous in the time left after that.

ED Hibee
09-03-2019, 07:43 AM
Thought Kamberi put in a cracking shift last night in a position that is clearly not his preferred one. While his first touch is not always great he clearly knows where the goal is.

His goals per game ratio must be up there with the best for Hibs.

lyonhibs
09-03-2019, 07:46 AM
He had a few horror touches that leave you thinking whether it's feet or concrete blocks he's got in his boots but he was a nuisance, put in a great shift and tried to channel Stokes towards the end by drifting out left. Oh, and he scored the goal that got us a point.

majorhibs
09-03-2019, 07:49 AM
Some hibs fans are determined to find solace and redemption in hibs being ***** cos their life is *****. Used to stand in front of an old boy in the East terrace who gave consistent abuse to sauzee cos he was a "showboater". Fair enough having issues with the governance or even the management of our club, 100%, but some of the stick kamberi or whoever is the scapegoat of the day says more about folks mental health than the actual performance of the player concerned.

3 goals in the last 4 league games and a hell of a shift up and down the left tonight. So pleased he scored again and is our most valuable asset along with Porteous. Bizarre the stick he gets

Flo’s got it, along with a few others, McNulty & Omeonga are players although loanees, that 3 + Scotty Allan, building on that, after a satisfying wee result squashing zombies & Slippys title dreams at ER, would be something solid for a base for the new boss’s shaping for next season.

PeeJay
09-03-2019, 08:34 AM

Kamberi is the least of the probems at ER - and he is the only guy at the club that knows how to take throw ins ... :greengrin

pacoluna
09-03-2019, 08:53 AM
Still think he's better as a centre forward, drifts outside all the time, seems that's what he's been asked to do. At times he was covering Stevenson !

Onceinawhile
09-03-2019, 08:55 AM
Played out of position, put in a huge shift. First touch was abysmal at times though.

staunchhibby
09-03-2019, 08:56 AM
Whenever flo got the ball there was always two or three rangers players on to him

MWHIBBIES
09-03-2019, 09:08 AM
Few bad touches but his first touch isn't that bad. Few very nice ones as well. Took his goal brilliantly.

Bostonhibby
09-03-2019, 09:14 AM
He'd a good night last night. Gave a few away but his head never went down. Played a different role in the second half and took the goal well.

Least of our worries.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
09-03-2019, 09:17 AM
He'd a good night last night. Gave a few away but his head never went down. Played a different role in the second half and took the goal well.

Least of our worries.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Weegreenman
09-03-2019, 09:18 AM

He was awful for most most of the game. I honestly can’t believe he got MOTM. Great finish from him though but he needs to start doing the easy thing when in possession. Play the easy pass, instead of holding onto it for too long and losing possession.

blackpoolhibs
09-03-2019, 09:22 AM
I think his work rate is never in question, he never stops all game. His first touch at times is superb, yet other times its like watching Colin Nish.

In the first half i thought he was as poor as i have seen him, but playing on the left and giving our midfield more balance, he made some very good forceful runs with the ball, which got us into some very good positions and more importantly, got the team as a unit further up the park.:top marks

DaveF
09-03-2019, 09:25 AM
Scoring goals again after the Lennon horror show so he is doing just fine.

MyJo
09-03-2019, 09:59 AM
Played really well out on the left in the second half and put in a decent shift battling against the rangers defenders while getting absolutely nothing from the referee.

Some of his first touches weren't great but he was constantly under pressure with multiple Rangers players on him and he was getting balls fired at him at chest height rather than to his feet.

His attitude and demeanour is like night and day from the last few months under Lennon. At times he looked utterly lost and couldn't care less when he was doing the thankless task of being our sole striker.

Greenbeard
09-03-2019, 10:06 AM
I think his touch is intentially poor/heavy at times to try and fool the defender. Unfortunately when it doesn't come off he looks terrible. He struggled before the goal but as I said on the other thread once he scored you could see the confidence flowing through him again and he was beating men and holding it up. You have to remember defenders get away with murder for some reason against him, times tonight he was having the shirt nearly taken off him and the ref completely ignored it (like he did most things when it would've involved us getting a decision)
:faf:

Smartie
09-03-2019, 10:09 AM
It's surprising how much better he is at left midfield than up front on his own.

Or is it?

Less reliant on having a good touch and holding the ball up for long enough for an immobile midfield to get up with him or picking up the ball deep and getting to run at Tavernier?

It probably suits his skill set much better.

Anyway, pleased Heck made the change and that it worked out.

we are hibs
09-03-2019, 10:43 AM
:faf:

What's so funny? I think he intentially takes a heavy touch to try and move away from the defenders sometimes.

Dalianwanda
09-03-2019, 10:45 AM

I couldnt believe he got MOM....Not knocking him just didnt think he shone:wink:

Omeonga or Horgan for MOM

bigwheel
09-03-2019, 10:46 AM
What's so funny? I think he intentially takes a heavy touch to try and move away from the defenders sometimes.

..[emoji23]. how does that explain the many times where he loses the ball as a result?? He has a poor first touch. And is often caught on his heals as the balls comes towards him. I'm hoping none of those moments are deliberate .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
09-03-2019, 12:03 PM
His latest Instagram post looks a bit iffy. Could be in bother for it.

DaveF
09-03-2019, 12:04 PM

For those who don't do instagram what has he done?

Winston Ingram
09-03-2019, 12:07 PM
Thought he was excellent second half

Shrekko
09-03-2019, 12:15 PM
For those who don't do instagram what has he done?

Has a pic of himself surrounded by Rangers players (one is black) with a gorilla icon above it. Sure it does not mean anything dodgy whatsoever and is to do with his own strength.

The lad has numerous black team mates.

JohnM1875
09-03-2019, 12:16 PM

The story with the pic oh him holding off Kamara and Candeias then captioned with the pic of a gorilla?

Surely it's just him highlighting how strong he is other than anything else? Unless you're meaning something else and it's been removed.

Crazyhorse
09-03-2019, 12:30 PM

That’s a cracker about Sauzee. I used to pinch myself every time I watched him to make sure it wasn’t a dream that someone of that exceptional quality was actually playing for Hibs!

Hermit Crab
09-03-2019, 12:43 PM
Has a pic of himself surrounded by Rangers players (one is black) with a gorilla icon above it. Sure it does not mean anything dodgy whatsoever and is to do with his own strength.

It could be picked up the wrong way. I don't think theres anything it personally but you know what folk are like these days.

BegbieHSC
09-03-2019, 12:46 PM

He’s literally surrounded by 4 players in the picture - clearly all about strength.

blackpoolhibs
09-03-2019, 12:47 PM
Can i be the first to say its pc gone mad.

CapitalGreen
09-03-2019, 12:52 PM

I think it’s weird that you would see that picture and immediately think it was in reference to the black player pictured. It’s blatantly obvious that it’s a reference to his strength in holding off 3 Rangers players.

Hermit Crab
09-03-2019, 12:53 PM
I think it’s weird that you would see that picture and immediately think it was in reference to the black player pictured. It’s blatantly obvious that it’s a reference to his strength in holding off 3 Rangers players.

I don't, some folk find something out of nothing though.

Greenbeard
09-03-2019, 01:05 PM
I commend you for having the greenest of green tinted specs, which is actually quite refreshing given some of the pessimistic poisonous bile on here. But what was it John McEnroe said.............

CapitalGreen
09-03-2019, 01:14 PM
I don't, some folk find something out of nothing though.

Seems to me that you’re the only person to have found something out of nothing.

SMAXXA
09-03-2019, 01:15 PM
I actually thought last night proved what I thought about him defore that he’s far better on the left coming inside. Not saying to play him left midfield but he’s not brilliant with his first touch and with back to goal but when you give him it to feet and he faces up players you can see them struggling.

CapitalGreen
09-03-2019, 01:28 PM
I actually thought last night proved what I thought about him defore that he’s far better on the left coming inside. Not saying to play him left midfield but he’s not brilliant with his first touch and with back to goal but when you give him it to feet and he faces up players you can see them struggling.

Totally agree with this, a previous manager seemed to be under the impression he was some sort of target man when that has never been his strength.