PDA

View Full Version : Singing Section Needs Moved To East

HarpLife
09-03-2019, 12:11 AM
The guys in the South Stand do a great job but can't be heard from where they are. Difficult to get an atmosphere going in the East without the young lads and the drums and all that. No idea why it was moved in the first place much less to the section above the one that is being made kids/families only.

The East has always been where the noise comes from, it needs more stewarding given these last few incidents and some folk need an eye kept on them, but it's robbing the atmosphere in important games like that where we need to get behind the team and get in other fans faces. The core who generate noise get backed up in the East for big games and at atmosphere flashpoints, but sitting middle of the east stand I can't hear them, through no fault of their own. A rare dud of an idea from Leann, needs put back.

Apologies, I'm not on the forums super-often so I don't know whether this has been raised before.

SChibs
09-03-2019, 12:27 AM
It's been raised before I think

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 12:31 AM
After tonight? Not a single hope in hell.

Jonnyboy
09-03-2019, 12:38 AM
The guys in the South Stand do a great job but can't be heard from where they are. Difficult to get an atmosphere going in the East without the young lads and the drums and all that. No idea why it was moved in the first place much less to the section above the one that is being made kids/families only.

The East has always been where the noise comes from, it needs more stewarding given these last few incidents and some folk need an eye kept on them, but it's robbing the atmosphere in important games like that where we need to get behind the team and get in other fans faces. The core who generate noise get backed up in the East for big games and at atmosphere flashpoints, but sitting middle of the east stand I can't hear them, through no fault of their own. A rare dud of an idea from Leann, needs put back.

Apologies, I'm not on the forums super-often so I don't know whether this has been raised before.

I heard them loud and clear tonight. The guys in the North Stand, however …………...

HarpLife
09-03-2019, 01:16 AM
I heard them loud and clear tonight. The guys in the North Stand, however …………...

My bad, Famous Five. You know what I mean. South Stand boys quietened down about 76 mins, odd.

Hermit Crab
09-03-2019, 01:22 AM

Done a superb job tonight belting out their party classics too.

AZhibee
09-03-2019, 04:02 AM
In addition to acoustic concerns they cannot be seen on TV- seeing a lively section in the crowd looks good. Would like to see them on Hibs TV every now and then.

green day
09-03-2019, 05:23 AM
After tonight? Not a single hope in hell.

Disagree

You cant really compare the singing section with radges that throw stuff on the pitch and jump over the barriers.

I said at the match yesterday that if they had the singing section there it might push the bampots a bit further away from the South and take the heat out of things in that corner.

CLASS OF 72 -73
09-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Disagree

You cant really compare the singing section with radges that throw stuff on the pitch and jump over the barriers.

I said at the match yesterday that if they had the singing section there it might push the bampots a bit further away from the South and take the heat out of things in that corner.

Would love the singing section back on the east stand but its never going to happen regardless of their good behavior. It will always be hostile against Hearts Huns and Celtic in that area so will never be risked certainly after the tube last night.

Moulin Yarns
09-03-2019, 09:56 AM

You need a compass :wink:

theonlywayisup
09-03-2019, 10:01 AM
Disagree

You do realise that something was thrown from the FFU left hand side immediately after their goal. It landed inches from the goal line.

I'm not saying that it was from the Singing Section, but it was thrown from their end of the stand and it looked like a drumstick, as another poster has already stated.

bigwheel
09-03-2019, 10:03 AM
You do realise that something was thrown from the FFU left hand side immediately after their goal. It landed inches from the goal line.

I'm not saying that it was from the Singing Section, but it was thrown from their end of the stand and it looked like a drumstick, as another poster has already stated.

Might be quite easy to identify the perpetrator if it was a drumstick ! [emoji6]

Moulin Yarns
09-03-2019, 10:08 AM
Might be quite easy to identify the perpetrator if it was a drumstick ! [emoji6]

Police will use dental records :agree:

bigwheel
09-03-2019, 10:09 AM
Police will use dental records :agree:

[emoji23][emoji23]

Carheenlea
09-03-2019, 11:00 AM
I could hear both the singing section and the east belting out songs last night, albeit different songs at the same time, but thought it sounded great. I don’t mind a bit of trad jazz so that maybe explains it.