PDA

View Full Version : and we wonder why there's a ban on alcohol sales in football grounds

H113EE5
08-03-2019, 11:25 PM
it's never going to happen, with the erses that supposedly support their team. Drink, drugs... who knows.... but a rational mind doesn't bring their club into disrepute. Whether it be the lunatics with the mickey-mouse IRA combat jackets last week to the King Billy / F the IRA crap tonight to the bottle thrower/pitch invader from our club, Scottish football is never going to be the family experience, our club and SFA aspire to be.

How sad...…….. feel so sorry for Ms Dempster who is trying her best against some of our of East Stand 'fans'.

Why would you bring kids into this environment?????

StevesFamau5
09-03-2019, 01:13 AM
Tonight I witnessed some pretty poor behaviour from both sides. However the worst of it was before the game even started.

My dad and I walked through the back way from Sainsburys at Meadowbank like we usually do, probably not the smartest idea but so far this season we have had zero interaction with any away fans... Until tonight.

Both of us were wearing normal clothes and did not have anything Hibs related or even bright green visually on display yet we were subjected to 3 separate comments and aggression. We were called "fenians" twice and both times pockets of the away support shoved into us with Police Scotland mere metres away doing nothing. We got to the end of the road and I tried to speak to a female officer but she wasn't even remotely interested in us. Ok so we weren't attacked physically but I have never been so concerned for my dad or my safety ever. What ks it with west of scotland fc that brings out the most vile cretins?

No excuse for the actions of one of our 'supporters' but tonight I left ER still feeling disgusted at the abuse thrown at us.

Big up to the team for rescuing the night from them.

Hermit Crab
09-03-2019, 01:14 AM
it's never going to happen, with the erses that supposedly support their team. Drink, drugs... who knows.... but a rational mind doesn't bring their club into disrepute. Whether it be the lunatics with the mickey-mouse IRA combat jackets last week to the King Billy / F the IRA crap tonight to the bottle thrower/pitch invader from our club, Scottish football is never going to be the family experience, our club and SFA aspire to be.

How sad...…….. feel so sorry for Ms Dempster who is trying her best against some of our of East Stand 'fans'.

Why would you bring kids into this environment?????

Its been banned since when? 1980? Not as if we've had it taken away from us this season and by the way not all the dafties are in the East...

Sir David Gray
09-03-2019, 01:17 AM
Tonight I witnessed some pretty poor behaviour from both sides. However the worst of it was before the game even started.

My dad and I walked through the back way from Sainsburys at Meadowbank like we usually do, probably not the smartest idea but so far this season we have had zero interaction with any away fans... Until tonight.

Both of us were wearing normal clothes and did not have anything Hibs related or even bright green visually on display yet we were subjected to 3 separate comments and aggression. We were called "fenians" twice and both times pockets of the away support shoved into us with Police Scotland mere metres away doing nothing. We got to the end of the road and I tried to speak to a female officer but she wasn't even remotely interested in us. Ok so we weren't attacked physically but I have never been so concerned for my dad or my safety ever. What ks it with west of scotland fc that brings out the most vile cretins?

No excuse for the actions of one of our 'supporters' but tonight I left ER still feeling disgusted at the abuse thrown at us.

That can't be correct because the Sportsound pundits after the game reckoned the Rangers fans should be commended after showing restraint during the James Tavernier incident.

overdrive
09-03-2019, 01:19 AM

The common denominator in a lot of these stories is the Police not giving a damn and turning a blind eye.

Hermit Crab
09-03-2019, 01:20 AM
That can't be correct because the Sportsound pundits after the game reckoned the Rangers fans should be commended after showing restraint during the James Tavernier incident.

So they didn't throw any seats into the East stand then... or throw cups of liquid at Marciano...

Haymaker
09-03-2019, 01:22 AM
The common denominator in a lot of these stories is the Police not giving a damn and turning a blind eye.

Correct

StevesFamau5
09-03-2019, 01:24 AM

It was unbelievable... I'm actually no longer shocked. The abuse was vile and the plod just stood and watched. I honestly don't know what would happen if they had hit out at us?

brianmc
09-03-2019, 01:24 AM
So they didn't throw any seats into the East stand then... or throw cups of liquid at Marciano...

That's just fake news, seen by my own fake eyes, from my fake seat at the back of the so called fake a East Stand.
Only hibbies are the baddies in the 'real news' outlets.

StevesFamau5
09-03-2019, 01:25 AM

The songs they were belting out all game and before were pure hatred. Do they ever song for their team or just spew hate for other clubs?

Sir David Gray
09-03-2019, 01:25 AM

Apparently not, nor did they sing countless sectarian songs throughout the match or mock a rival player who is currently experiencing mental health issues.

brianmc
09-03-2019, 01:27 AM
Apparently not, nor did they sing countless sectarian songs throughout the match or mock a rival player who is currently experiencing mental health issues.

Awwww nawww - seems that I've got fake ears as well :-(

Hermit Crab
09-03-2019, 01:28 AM
Short of going back to the days of high perimeter fences how do you stop someone running on if their full of the bevvy or gear? :confused:

On the radio they were talking about us getting points deducted or a section of the ground closed for a period of time too.

For what its worth I'd put one of those big nets up in front of the South stand. Anyone who was in Brondby will know what I mean. Keeps the animals and stray objects in their cages.

Basildon Hibs
09-03-2019, 02:17 AM

Another common denominator is that Huns will only act like this when they outnumber the opposition fans. They're pure *****bags and quiet as mice when the numbers are against them.

One Day
09-03-2019, 09:05 AM

Its good to get close to them now and again just to remind us why we hate them

Chuck Rhoades
09-03-2019, 09:08 AM
Can we not stick to one thread?

Weegreenman
09-03-2019, 09:24 AM
So one guys idiotic actions will spoil it for everyone else? Not for me. Why let the idiots win? Daft mentality. How about we put proper deterrents in place to stop these guys. Then the rest of us can enjoy a pint with other like minded civilised supporters and enjoy our day/night out.

SChibs
09-03-2019, 09:37 AM
The type of person who runs onto the pitch like a dafty is usually the type that only just makes it into the ground for kick off as they try to drink as much as they can at the pub before the game. I don't think alcohol at the ground will make a difference.

Fwiw if it did come in only sell it before the game and at half time and keep it to one beer per customer. It would allow people to drink if they wanted to but also slow down the consumption to a point where it wouldn't make a difference to the behaviour of the fans.

brog
09-03-2019, 09:57 AM
Its been banned since when? 1980? Not as if we've had it taken away from us this season and by the way not all the dafties are in the East...

This is one of the greatest myths in Scottish football. Alcohol was never on sale in the ground, with a couple of notable exceptions, Clydebank being one. The problem was with alcohol being brought into the ground, glass bottles & heavy cans. This coupled with a lack of basic facilities made football spectating a challenge, euphemism!

Forza Fred
09-03-2019, 11:42 AM
Since emigrating in 74 I have got used to enjoying a beer at a football game, and couldn’t imagine now attending a game here without having several beers....albeit in plastic cups.

Guess it’s just a cultural difference, but football lunacy is not on the same scale here as in Scotland.

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2019, 11:45 AM
Ban gear in football stadiums first and foremost and you’ll cut out most of the aggression, that’s what tips people over IMO.

overdrive
09-03-2019, 11:56 AM
Ban gear in football stadiums first and foremost and you’ll cut out most of the aggression, that’s what tips people over IMO.

Yep, I was shocked at Pittodrie last season the number of guys (not just young guys either) snorting stuff in the toilets. I’ve never seen it at ER before to my knowledge but there was a strong smell of weed in the gents toilets in the FF Upper before the game last night which made me wonder if some of the bams were taking something stronger.

The guy who ran on the pitch and kicked the ball away definitely looked like the sort that would be on something.

Edit: to be fair, by the fact that the stuff is illegal anyway, it will already be banned from the ground. What they need to do is actually police it.

Hermit Crab
09-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Yep, I was shocked at Pittodrie last season the number of guys (not just young guys either) snorting stuff in the toilets. I’ve never seen it at ER before to my knowledge but there was a strong smell of weed in the gents toilets in the FF Upper before the game last night which made me wonder if some of the bams were taking something stronger.

The guy who ran on the pitch and kicked the ball away definitely looked like the sort that would be on something.

Edit: to be fair, by the fact that the stuff is illegal anyway, it will already be banned from the ground. What they need to do is actually police it.

Goes on all the time, Tynecastle is a favourite for that.

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2019, 12:55 PM

Yes I was being a bit tongue in cheek, but valid point that if they want to get rid of the aggro and the violence, clamping down on that stuff going on is probably the best way to go about it.

brog
09-03-2019, 02:14 PM
Im currently at Sandown Races. I wrote to them last year, complaining toilets couldnt be accessed because of crowds of young men waiting for the stalls. Sniffer dogs here today, much less busy, toilets quiet & no aggression.