PDA

View Full Version : Was the referee corrupt tonight or just incompetent?

Hibbyradge
08-03-2019, 10:58 PM
He didn't send McGregor off for whacking his arm in Morelos's face.

He didn't give Morelos a penalty when he was shoved in the box by SDG.

And he didn't give a foul against Omeonga at the start of the move from which we scored.

There's a thread about the cheating stand side linesman so I wondered what the consensus was about the ref.

hibee316
08-03-2019, 11:00 PM
Incompetently corrupt?

Criswell
08-03-2019, 11:02 PM
Probably both!

Jay
08-03-2019, 11:03 PM
Just rubbish

Smartie
08-03-2019, 11:05 PM
Incompetent.

He got a few big calls wrong.

All the wee ones seemed to go against us but all the big ones went for us.

Irish_Steve
08-03-2019, 11:05 PM
wtf was he doing standing over the Hun player that was lying in front of the East Stand and then giving him a hand up - wonder if they exchanged one of those "funny" handshakes

Skol
08-03-2019, 11:07 PM
I thought he made a number of mistakes, most of which were against us, but some in our favour,

Incompetence yes, but not corrupt

hibs69
08-03-2019, 11:09 PM
At the game, I didn’t think the Omeonga incident was a foul. Watched it again, (a few times) still not a foul. Typical The Rangers player falling on his arse at the slightest brush of contact and that’s what McLean saw. Great refereeing.
But there were some strange decisions throughout the game, must admit.

Hibbyradge
08-03-2019, 11:11 PM
At the game, I didn’t think the Omeonga incident was a foul. Watched it again, (a few times) still not a foul. Typical The Rangers player falling on his arse at the slightest brush of contact and that’s what McLean saw. Great refereeing.
But there were some strange decisions throughout the game, must admit.

It was a total foul! :hilarious

Omeonga didn't even get close to the ball never mind win it.

Hibbyradge
08-03-2019, 11:12 PM
I thought he made a number of mistakes, most of which were against us, but some in our favour,

Incompetence yes, but not corrupt

I know, but when incidents go against us, there are loads of folk saying that referees are definitely corrupt.

That's really my point.

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2019, 11:13 PM
Both

Is he not one of those self confessed Hun refs from that wee village somewhere in Lanarkshire that seems to breed them?

Looked to me as though he wanted The Rangers to win and he had Dazs card marked surprised he lasted so long on the pitch :confused:

DJ HIBBY
08-03-2019, 11:13 PM
He’s a Scottish Cup legend 😉

hibs69
08-03-2019, 11:14 PM
The player was always falling. That’s the point. Even the way Omeonga carried on with play with no hesitation suggests this as well. The player was looking for it all day long. Never a foul.

Great goal resulted at the end of the non foul incident.

Happy Birthday, Kamberi

One Day Soon
08-03-2019, 11:14 PM
I know, but when incidents go against us, there are loads of folk saying that referees are definitely corrupt.

That's really my point.

They're (mostly) not corrupt, just 5hit.

GreenCastle
08-03-2019, 11:15 PM
Handball early on too.

Missed booking Halliday as he gave us advantage - which wasn’t an advantage.

File under - another incompetent Scottish Ref.

Weekly thread as they are all awful.

Hibbyradge
08-03-2019, 11:15 PM
Both

Is he not one of those self confessed Hun refs from that wee village somewhere in Lanarkshire that seems to breed them?

Looked to me as though he wanted The Rangers to win and he had Dazs card marked surprised he lasted so long on the pitch :confused:

Whit?

He more or less gave us our point!

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2019, 11:24 PM
Whit?

Ha Ha?

Did not realise he was the ref that gave us the Holy Grail

Defo all for The Rangers tonight gave us nothing

Booked Daz for the Orc falling over

Tried his best to give The Rangers the points

Stevie G greetin on the Radio tonight about his performance (opinions eh?)

Did you go to the game or did you watch on the telly because lots going on off the ball?

I thought he had a shocker as well as the West Stand Lino

Just my opinion

matty_f
08-03-2019, 11:25 PM
He was rank.

we are hibs
08-03-2019, 11:26 PM
He was an absolute disgrace. Can't believe anyone would defend that. Another amateur ref playing at being a professional one.

Skol
08-03-2019, 11:34 PM

That's really my point.

And I was agreeing

greenlex
08-03-2019, 11:38 PM
His best bit was when he blew for a foul and was too busy arguing the toss with a player that he didn’t notice that Rangers didn’t take the free kick and Ncgregor just threw the ball out to a player. All the officials were puss poor tonight.

One Day Soon
08-03-2019, 11:40 PM
He was rank.

You're very nearly right.

Galahibby
08-03-2019, 11:42 PM
I haven't seen it on TV, but was McNulty not offside for our goal?

One Day Soon
08-03-2019, 11:44 PM

Oh **** me I really, really hope so :faf:

hibee_girl
08-03-2019, 11:48 PM

It's tight but I'd say he was just onside

BS44
09-03-2019, 12:12 AM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/47504990

The Harp Awakes
09-03-2019, 12:16 AM
It was a total foul! :hilarious

Omeonga didn't even get close to the ball never mind win it.

P1sh. Never a foul. Ref was spot on.

Broken Gnome
09-03-2019, 12:21 AM
Not getting a free kick for that pull back on McNulty in the second half...

matty_f
09-03-2019, 12:22 AM
P1sh. Never a foul. Ref was spot on.

It wasn't even close to being a foul. There's contact but the rangers player just slips/goes down far too easily.

McNulty was onside as well. I had a good view of it and thought at the time he was off, but watching the replay it's clear the linesman got it right.

matty_f
09-03-2019, 12:22 AM
Not getting a free kick for that pull back on McNulty in the second half...

Scandalous.

Also let Rangers play advantage from a foul on McNulty, and let McGregor throw out a free kick.

Galahibby
09-03-2019, 12:24 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/47504990

Cheers 👍 Looks offside from the normal angle, but right in line on the replay, so good decision I think. Bit disappointed really, thought it was about time we'd had a dodgy decision 😂

Sir David Gray
09-03-2019, 12:30 AM
Steven McLean has been garbage in every game I've seen him take charge of since the 2016 cup final.

Utterly dreadful again tonight.

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2019, 12:31 AM
I find it difficult to criticise any of our cup winning legends.

vuefrom1875
09-03-2019, 12:47 AM
Ha Ha?

Did not realise he was the ref that gave us the Holy Grail

Defo all for The Rangers tonight gave us nothing

Booked Daz for the Orc falling over

Tried his best to give The Rangers the points

Stevie G greetin on the Radio tonight about his performance (opinions eh?)

Did you go to the game or did you watch on the telly because lots going on off the ball?

I thought he had a shocker as well as the West Stand Lino

Just my opinion
A true loyal son of the Lanarkshire referee association.

overdrive
09-03-2019, 12:53 AM
A true loyal son of the Lanarkshire referee association.

His brother is an ex-Rangers youth Scotsman who chose to play for Northern Ireland. Just saying...

I realise he also played for us but just a bit suspicious.

Ringothedog
09-03-2019, 12:56 AM
Whit?

Dave you are getting worse with the nonsense you are spouting and I wonder if it’s because you want a reaction. I will give you one... the referee tonight was abysmal but in particular in some of his decisions against Hibs

brianmc
09-03-2019, 01:21 AM
McLean was simply brutal tonight.. But a big thanks to City of Green for reminding me Halliday was playing 👍🤭

One Day Soon
09-03-2019, 01:43 AM
Scandalous.

Also let Rangers play advantage from a foul on McNulty, and let McGregor throw out a free kick.

There's a case that Rangers had a player offside and interfering with play at their goal too.

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2019, 03:21 AM
You're very nearly right.

:top marks

Dinkydoo
09-03-2019, 06:03 AM
Whit?

He more or less gave us our point!He should have sent Morelos off for 1 winding up the home fans after their goal (yellow card) and 2, 3, 4, 5 bookings for constantly being involved in shoving and kicking the ball away.

Their goal also came from weird bit of play when the linesman sticks his flag up for something that clearly wasn't offside, we lose the ball and they go up the pitch to score.

McGregor's first booking was a first foul shoulder barge in the middle of the park...

Then there were many, many other minor incidents which broke up the play put the away side in the ascendency.

The fans were rightly furious.

InchHibby
09-03-2019, 06:09 AM

I said that at the game, but it makes it all the sweeter.

bingo70
09-03-2019, 06:24 AM
I don’t think it was a foul by Omeonga, there was some light contact but the way the rangers player chucked himself to the ground was ridiculous. Iirc the rangers had just got away with one or two very similar ones just before that which i think swayed the refs decision.

I was baffled by some of the comments from the panel about Mcgregor’s first yellow as well, never in a million years was that a straight red like they were all saying, Heckers assessment was spot on imo, it was a natural body position to take when running at speed and trying to brush aside the opposing player.

Incredible that it was Stubbs saying that was a red card, from what I remember he was a pretty strong defender, if he got a red card every time he did that I’m not sure he’d have seen the 90 minute mark too often.

Future17
09-03-2019, 07:48 AM
It's the inconsistency that gets me. Jack, Candeias and Worrall all kicked the ball away after fouls given against them, but Kamberi does it and it's a yellow card.

Bishop Hibee
09-03-2019, 07:56 AM
Useless. Deliberately turned his back on the Newco players antics after they scored. I don’t mind players having a pop back at opposing fans but Morelos was totally out of order and should have been booked. Linesman saw what was happening and ignored it too.

Bobby's Cinema
09-03-2019, 08:01 AM
I don’t think it was a foul by Omeonga, there was some light contact but the way the rangers player chucked himself to the ground was ridiculous. Iirc the rangers had just got away with one or two very similar ones just before that which i think swayed the refs decision.

I was baffled by some of the comments from the panel about Mcgregor’s first yellow as well, never in a million years was that a straight red like they were all saying, Heckers assessment was spot on imo, it was a natural body position to take when running at speed and trying to brush aside the opposing player.

Incredible that it was Stubbs saying that was a red card, from what I remember he was a pretty strong defender, if he got a red card every time he did that I’m not sure he’d have seen the 90 minute mark too often.
That's how I remember it, was it Mallan on the edge of the box not given 30seconds before that? 100% that's in his mind when he doesn't give that foul. Gerrard can complain all he wants

weecounty hibby
09-03-2019, 08:03 AM
I thought he was awful last night. Probably one of the worst refereeing performances in a long time. I would like to see the Morelos pen incident again cos at the time from my seat in the FF upper it looked like one of those where he chucks himself forward making it look like he was pushed. How Morelos lasts ANY game without at least a booking is unbelievable!

calumhibee1
09-03-2019, 08:13 AM
Useless. Deliberately turned his back on the Newco players antics after they scored. I don’t mind players having a pop back at opposing fans but Morelos was totally out of order and should have been booked. Linesman saw what was happening and ignored it too.

I said that as well. Morelos celebration must have lasted about 20 seconds, the Rangers players celebrating is the only thing for him to keep an eye on at that point in time yet he stood with his back to them the whole time. There’s no doubt in my mind the half time incident was caused by that incident, you could sense the ill feeling in the stadium rise at that point due to the fact Morelos was allowed to stand and taunt the Hibs fans for so long with no reporcussion. Not that it’s an excuse for the idiot supporter of course. But I doubt it would have happened had Morelos been dealt with.

majorhibs
09-03-2019, 08:23 AM
He was rank.

He was an absolute disgrace. Can't believe anyone would defend that. Another amateur ref playing at being a professional one.

Havin been fortunate tae watch last few seasons some fitba in Brasil & Spain, sorry, but locals hate refs ditto, but imo they’re refs are as big a set of homers (R Mad/Barc, Flamengo/Sao Paolo big teams etc) but we know in Scotland the weedge MUST win from SFA, but it’s not quite unique.

danhibees1875
09-03-2019, 09:10 AM
Was it worrall who got booked for making as clean a tackle as you'll see? In front of the east stand just inside the Hibs half.

There were 3 or 4 incidents in the opening 5 minutes that the ref had a shocker on and gave rangers way.

He made mistakes throughout against both teams, the sort of performance that will have all fans convinced the ref was biased against them.

Weegreenman
09-03-2019, 09:15 AM
The linesman saw Jack haul down Omeonga on the halfway line as play raged on. Ignored it completely. Definitely corrupt.