PDA

View Full Version : Let’s be honest

JCHibby
08-03-2019, 10:40 PM
That first half is simply not good enough. Tactics were awful, you cannot have 65 yards between defence and attack.

Sean1875
08-03-2019, 10:42 PM
And second half was much better and we got a draw and could have potentially won it, ****ing cheer up man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny_Hibee
08-03-2019, 10:42 PM
Good job we have a manager who can spot that and make the right tactical changes to turn the game around.

bodhibs
08-03-2019, 10:43 PM
Possession stats made poor reading, bad set up and looked terrible but a good point. Concerned tho

Heisenberg
That first half is simply not good enough. Tactics were awful, you cannot have 65 yards between defence and attack.

We got a point and played much better in the second half. 10 points out of 12 for our new manager. Positive stuff.

Swedish hibee
Put down your phone and go have a good weekend.

JCHibby
08-03-2019, 10:44 PM
And second half was much better and we got a draw and could have potentially won it, ****ing cheer up man.

Was it? Yes better but still not convinced, sorry but he has to press the game and win the ball higher up.

Iggy Pope

Sorted 2nd half against a very good side. Filthy, but very good.

calumhibee1

:agree:

There’s no getting away from the first half being garbage. But there’s also no doubt in my mind that we were by far the better team second half. Looked the much more likely to score.

overdrive
08-03-2019, 10:46 PM

Yep. It was actually worse tonight (until half way through the second half) than the Celtic game. If that is Heckingbottom’s high press game, it is the deepest high press I’ve ever seen.

I don’t know what Heckingbottom was thinking with the tactic of tucking Gray and Stevenson into a centre back position and pulling Horgan and Omeonga back to full back whenever The Rangers were attacking. It was giving their wingers and full backs free reign of the wings. It was almost Levein tactics as when we then won back possession a massive hoof up the park would follow.

Keyser Sauzee
Folk need to calm down about the tactics in the last 2 games, he’s clearly getting thru to the end of the season and reassessing the squad then, it’s a means to an end just now.

04Sauzee

First half was as bad as we were against rangers at ER earlier on this season. At least Heckingbottom changed it after about half an hour

Diclonius

Ok but the tactics became good tactics later.

The 90+2
08-03-2019, 10:47 PM
All that matters is we got a well deserved point in the end.

The 90+2
08-03-2019, 10:49 PM
Rangers looked all out with 20 mins to go. If the tactics was to contain then hit them late like St Johnstone it worked very well in retrospect.

Hibeesmad
08-03-2019, 10:50 PM
End of the day, football is a results driven business.

10/12 points so far in the league for PH. I do agree the performances the last week have been below average but tonight could be a huge point for us. Once PH gets the players he believes are best for the way he wants to play I do expect improvement. But until then, a scrappy win will do 👍

Unseen work
08-03-2019, 10:50 PM
Yes, let’s be honest.

New manager comes in at a tough point of the season to a very unbalanced team, a lot of injuries and a lot of negativity. Plus the fact the squad had no confidence at all.

We have got 10 points out of 12 available in the league including difficult games against St Johnston and Rangers. Also knocked out the cup by the team on course to do the treble treble.

Now the first half wasn’t good, but I’m really struggling to see what options he has right now, you look at the bench and you don’t fancy any of them to come on and make a significant impact.

Lets back him and judge him and how his team play after a window.

Rangers may have dominated the first half but the chances they had were mainly our stupid mistakes with the goal coming from the lineman making an arse of the decision, our players stopping then Flo taking an awful touch.

Were now 2 points off Hearts in 5th and 4 clear of St Johnston.

Brightside
08-03-2019, 10:55 PM
10 points from 12. Top class form. Manager should be applauded

Forza Fred
08-03-2019, 10:56 PM
The manager recruited zero of the players currently available to him.

His only defeat in charge so far has been against Celtic, and the league table shows the difference between the two sides over the entire season.

Some of the posts I have seen are almost hoping he will fail.

Our squad is threadbare, and he shouldn't be harshly judged on this season's performances.

As far as I am concerned every win is a bonus in his favour.

One Day Soon
08-03-2019, 11:00 PM
First half was a lesson in how not to play either of the Ugly Sisters. Second half was a lesson in exactly the right way to play them.

Give them zero respect, hound them, get the crowd behind you and play for the win.

calumhibee1
08-03-2019, 11:00 PM
Yes, let’s be honest.

New manager comes in at a tough point of the season to a very unbalanced team, a lot of injuries and a lot of negativity. Plus the fact the squad had no confidence at all.

We have got 10 points out of 12 available in the league including difficult games against St Johnston and Rangers. Also knocked out the cup by the team on course to do the treble treble.

Now the first half wasn’t good, but I’m really struggling to see what options he has right now, you look at the bench and you don’t fancy any of them to come on and make a significant impact.

Lets back him and judge him and how his team play after a window.

Rangers may have dominated the first half but the chances they had were mainly our stupid mistakes with the goal coming from the lineman making an arse of the decision, our players stopping then Flo taking an awful touch.

Were now 2 points off Hearts in 5th and 4 clear of St Johnston.

Yup. First half was dreadful. But I’m not sure personnel wise we had much other option than what we went with. We played our best two strikers, people would have went nuts if we went one up top and said we were being even more defensive than the Celtic game. Midfield wise it picked itself really judging by the bench. Defence again picked itself.

He’s inherited a disaster of a squad which while having some decent players is all over the shop in terms of balance. Just got to keep plugging away, hopefully get top 6 and try push on from there next season.

tonyrougier123
08-03-2019, 11:02 PM
At one nil ur never beat no matter how much a team pummels you.I listened to the game on bbc radio at work there was genuine grieving at the fact rangers failed to win that game.neil mccann was very complimentary of heckingbottoms game management,how he adapted hibs for a point, in the end he said hibs truly deserved.said mcgregor kept rangers from going on to lose a game they dominated first half.

Aim Here
08-03-2019, 11:10 PM

Hecky changed the shape before the first half was out - he knew there was a problem and fixed it.

Borderhibbie76
08-03-2019, 11:16 PM
Was it? Yes better but still not convinced, sorry but he has to press the game and win the ball higher up.I agree the 1st half was not good enough but 2nd half was much better we could easily have scored another 3 but for Mcgregors saves. Cheer up man

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
08-03-2019, 11:17 PM
First half was as bad as we were against rangers at ER earlier on this season. At least Heckingbottom changed it after about half an hourAgreed ...don't think we even had a shot on goal that night

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
08-03-2019, 11:26 PM
Stats in the end weren’t too bad really.

https://i.postimg.cc/NfMJYqDC/5-F33-E3-A8-7521-46-DE-8-FFA-690167-CA1180.jpg (https://postimg.cc/vDJLLKp5)

matty_f
08-03-2019, 11:27 PM
The change definitely worked, and in the end I thought we were worth the point after a horrendous first half.

Credit to the manager, the players are clearly putting in a shift for him and his tactical change was excellent.

matty_f
08-03-2019, 11:28 PM
Stats in the end weren’t too bad really.

https://i.postimg.cc/NfMJYqDC/5-F33-E3-A8-7521-46-DE-8-FFA-690167-CA1180.jpg (https://postimg.cc/vDJLLKp5)

It would be interesting to compare first half v second half stats.

GreenCastle
08-03-2019, 11:31 PM
If you turned up at half time and didn’t know score you would say Hibs deserved something.

First half wasn’t great but we only gave up 1 goal and compared to the Celtic game we finished strong after going 1-0 down.

A solid point considering with another make shift team.

Top 6 is priority and we go from there.

Smartie
08-03-2019, 11:33 PM
You're right to point out that the first half was atrocious. We were lucky not to be 4 or 5 down, dead and buried.

In view of that I think the manager and players deserve extra credit for turning that around into a performance that won a point and might have won all 3.

He deserves to be cut a bit of slack as these are new teams and new games to him. Lennon was good at these games but he knew all about games involving Celtic and Rangers.

Decent result tonight however it was achieved.

HibeeHibernian4
08-03-2019, 11:42 PM
We played ***** tonight, guess what? Don’t care. Good point.

Too often we’ve played well and lost, I’ll take the point every time.

The Harp Awakes
08-03-2019, 11:42 PM
Possession stats made poor reading, bad set up and looked terrible but a good point. Concerned tho

I'm concerned too. 2nd half we held our own but that's 2 games in the trot our set up has been abymal. I actually think that 1st half tonight was the worst I have seen at Easter Road for a long time.

One Day Soon
08-03-2019, 11:43 PM
I'm concerned too. 2nd half we held our own but that's 2 games in the trot our set up has been abymal. I actually think that 1st half tonight was the worst I have seen at Easter Road for a long time.

That's because it pretty much was.

The 90+2
08-03-2019, 11:44 PM

You do realise our last two games where against massive clubs who financially dwarf us and nor Partick Thistle or St Mirren?

GreenCastle
08-03-2019, 11:48 PM
Always black or white..

There is some grey in the middle too.

Football fans are fickle

04Sauzee
08-03-2019, 11:48 PM

Like I said it was no worse than the 1st half against them at ER earlier in the season. The 2nd half against them earlier on in the season was as bad as the first half. Overall we were better this evening than when Lennon room charge again rangers I the 0-0 game

J-C
08-03-2019, 11:49 PM
We're missing the energy and pace of Boyle, never seen Agyepong, lost young Porteous for the season and now we are getting a settled side and tactics. Stability till the end of the season, top half finish them we can take a look at what Heckinbottom can do, he'll get few things wrong due to the squad maybe not always up to it but so far I like the fact he's trying to put a stamp on the team tactics and shape wise.

calumhibee1
08-03-2019, 11:49 PM
Last time we played Rangers they had more of the ball while we had 7 shots on goal, 1 on target to Rangers 19 shots and 8 on target.

They had more of the ball again tonight but the shooting stats were much much closer.

We were very poor first half but second half we were the better team. Over the piece I think we were worthy of a point against a team who are in very good form and have a budget that dwarfs ours. And we also had next to no alternative other than to field that exact starting 11 with the squad we have.

davhibby
08-03-2019, 11:51 PM
Was the first half today really any different to pretty much the full game last time rangers came to ER when we somehow snatched a nil nil when they could have beaten us by 5/6? Fact is we came back strong second half and got a deserved point

overdrive
08-03-2019, 11:53 PM
You do realise our last two games where against massive clubs who financially dwarf us and nor Partick Thistle or St Mirren?

It’s two teams we have barely dropped points to in the past season and a half (in Celtic’s case) and almost 5 years in The Rangers case.

I’d go as far as saying how we set up in the last two games is the worst I’ve seen us set up against the OF since Miller (Fenlon is pushing it though). Even Williamson and Calderwood (possibly Butcher - I cant remember) set up more positively against them.

Is Heckingbottom not getting advice from somewhere about the Scottish game?. He also didn’t seem know about the split in his first week in the job.

vuefrom1875
08-03-2019, 11:53 PM
10 points from 12. Top class form. Manager should be applauded

Well said sir!A few naysayers on here love to put a negative slant on performances.....I say give to new manager some slack.😎

wookie70
08-03-2019, 11:54 PM
Let's be honest 10 points out of 12 is only just short of miraculous with the unbalanced, slow squad who had been drained of confidence for months by a manager hitting out to try and cover up his poor performances, signings and decisions. Heck has us in a shape, is doing what he can with a squad even more ravaged by injuries and missing Porteous and Ambrose who had been our best defenders this year. Lennon was getting heralded while losing games week after week and Heck is getting hammered getting 10 points out of 12. Nothing stranger than Hibs fans

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2019, 11:54 PM
Last time we played Rangers they had more of the ball while we had 7 shots on goal, 1 on target to Rangers 19 shots and 8 on target.

They had more of the ball again tonight but the shooting stats were much much closer.

We were very poor first half but second half we were the better team. Over the piece I think we were worthy of a point against a team who are in very good form and have a budget that dwarfs ours. And we also had next to no alternative other than to field that exact starting 11 with the squad we have.

Unlucky not to win decent chances missed by Horgan Mallin and McNulty but happy with a point

We are stretched to the max squad wise all of the Hun bench warmers would walk into our first team just now :confused:

Sir David Gray
08-03-2019, 11:55 PM
We absolutely rode our luck in the first half it was garbage and we were fortunate only to be 1-0 down.

The second half was better, especially in the last 20 minutes when I felt we were the better team.

chrisski33
08-03-2019, 11:56 PM
Lets be honest and say heck is doing ok. If it was lennon in charge tonight folk would be moaning he didnt change things tactically til it was too late

overdrive
08-03-2019, 11:56 PM
Let's be honest 10 points out of 12 is only just short of miraculous with the unbalanced, slow squad who had been drained of confidence for months by a manager hitting out to try and cover up his poor performances, signings and decisions. Heck has us in a shape, is doing what he can with a squad even more ravaged by injuries and missing Porteous and Ambrose who had been our best defenders this year. Lennon was getting heralded while losing games week after week and Heck is getting hammered getting 10 points out of 12. Nothing stranger than Hibs fans

I know I’ve criticised PH after the last two games. I actually think on the evidence so far, he might be good against the average SPFL Prem teams (possibly better than NL). It his set up against the OF that is a bit concerning.

davhibby
08-03-2019, 11:58 PM
It’s two teams we have barely dropped points to in the past season and a half (in Celtic’s case) and almost 5 years in The Rangers case.

I’d go as far as saying how we set up in the last two games is the worst I’ve seen us set up against the OF since Miller (Fenlon is pushing it though). Even Williamson and Calderwood (possibly Butcher - I cant remember) set up more positively against them.

Is Heckingbottom not getting advice from somewhere about the Scottish game?. He also didn’t seem know about the split in his first week in the job.

So Lennon was the same then as we were extremely uninspiring in both our games against rangers so far this season before tonight.

The 90+2
08-03-2019, 11:59 PM

We didn’t lose though. We drew, like the exact same earlier on in the season.

We lost at home to Rangers last season also and blew 3 up to draw 5-5 from 5-3 down also last season. The period from 3 up to scoring our 4th was the most shambolic performance since 6-6 at Motherwell.

Boys got a ***** squad than the last manager had bottom 6 showing nothing to now comfortable in the top six having battled back for a draw with players that aren’t his. This season was all about stability with a bonus of the top six. It’s achieving more than most thought we would. We could have won today barring a magnificent block from their defender.

All of that was worse than regular home 3 or 4 humpings from both Glasgow sides and being turned over loads by hearts under various managers? No danger it’s the worst since Miller.

The 90+2
09-03-2019, 12:00 AM
Lets be honest and say heck is doing ok. If it was lennon in charge tonight folk would be moaning he didnt change things tactically til it was too late

What was the opinions the last home game under Lennon against them?

The Harp Awakes
09-03-2019, 12:04 AM
First half was a lesson in how not to play either of the Ugly Sisters. Second half was a lesson in exactly the right way to play them.

Give them zero respect, hound them, get the crowd behind you and play for the win.

Exactly. PH showed his naivety of Scottish football last week against Celtic and again tonight in giving the OF far too much respect. His tactics have been woeful in both games. He needs to learn quickly as Hibs fans will not accept an assumption that we are inferior when we walk on the pitch. That's the way it's looked in both gsmes.

wookie70
09-03-2019, 12:07 AM
I know I’ve criticised PH after the last two games. I actually think on the evidence so far, he might be good against the average SPFL Prem teams (possibly better than NL). It his set up against the OF that is a bit concerning.

Give him a chance. He has an even weaker squad than the one Lennon built and was failing miserably with. He made a very good tweak tonight that totally changed the game and we could easily have won it at the end. Surely he deserves a transfer window or two before fans get so on his case. Lennon had us playing much the same way last time out against The Rangers probably due to the poor squad he had created.

midfield_maestro
09-03-2019, 12:12 AM
First shot on goal was at 161 minutes. ie 71 minutes into this game. It was frankly grim. Last 15 mins was as much to do with Rangers choking as anything Hibs were doing. We miss Efe dreadfully.

wookie70
09-03-2019, 12:18 AM
First shot on goal was at 161 minutes. ie 71 minutes into this game. It was frankly grim. Last 15 mins was as much to do with Rangers choking as anything Hibs were doing. We miss Efe dreadfully.

We had two on target against Celtic so not sure what you are on about. We had the same number as The Rangers tonight. I agree about Efe, that makes it even more promising that Heck has crafted 10 points from 12 in the league.

calumhibee1
09-03-2019, 12:33 AM

We had shots against Celtic and we also had shots before 71 minutes tonight.. infact we missed a sitter to go ahead tonight just before Rangers scored..

Nicho87
09-03-2019, 12:36 AM
Our first shot was on 39 minutes.

needs time but I want to see hibs at home more on the front foot.

sean04
09-03-2019, 12:38 AM
We're struggling for bodies. Hecky is trying to get the best out a small squad. Couple of transfer windows and we will see more of heckys game plan. Team is defo bursting there arse tho

Bishop Hibee
09-03-2019, 12:39 AM
We were awful first half and only improved slightly when Omeonga moved into central midfield. Second half we improved and post SDG’s ‘tackle’ on Morellos were the better team.

Positive was that Heckingbottom changed it when we were struggling. He needs to realise what Scottish football is about though which hopefully he will.

The Harp Awakes
09-03-2019, 12:52 AM

I'd agree. The worry I have about PH is that he's a modern, English coach with no understanding of Scottish football. He looks at the stats and thinks the OF are so much bigger than us that we can't possibly compete with them. We have to sit off them and play it cagey. That sums up his tactics the last 2 games. He looked delighted to have drawn the game.

Mibbes Aye
09-03-2019, 12:53 AM
PH doesn’t sound daft and he will suss Scottish football if he hasn’t already.

Ten points from twelve suggests he knows what he is doing.

davhibby
09-03-2019, 01:03 AM
I do think he's maybe been a bit worried about our lack of pace at the back and getting caught very easily in behind if we were to play higher up.

Wee Effen Bee
09-03-2019, 01:23 AM
Wow! So many posters able to tell PH his job. Did you call him when you heard the team and tell him he was setting them up wrongly? Or, like the rest of us, you only realised something was wrong after kick off? We earned a valuable point against a team that’s scored 13 goals and zero against in 3 games or so and has been rattling them in on the road against all comers. But up goes a post to say how bad we were first half. Fk me, life must be shegite for a few on here: imagine not acknowledging we actually defended well and showed tremendous resilience to come from a goal down against the league’s in form team. With a wee bit luck we could have nicked all 3 points. But, we get home from the match feeling high at our second half showing to find people moaning about the first half!

Tug Wilson
09-03-2019, 01:47 AM
Wow! So many posters able to tell PH his job. Did you call him when you heard the team and tell him he was setting them up wrongly? Or, like the rest of us, you only realised something was wrong after kick off? We earned a valuable point against a team that’s scored 13 goals and zero against in 3 games or so and has been rattling them in on the road against all comers. But up goes a post to say how bad we were first half. Fk me, life must be shegite for a few on here: imagine not acknowledging we actually defended well and showed tremendous resilience to come from a goal down against the league’s in form team. With a wee bit luck we could have nicked all 3 points. But, we get home from the match feeling high at our second half showing to find people moaning about the first half!

Spot on.

NAE NOOKIE
09-03-2019, 02:31 AM

Exactly this. I was raging as I watched us employ exactly the same tactics as we did against Celtic, except that this time for the whole of the first half we were outplayed even more comprehensively than we were by them, so much so that it was nothing short of a miracle we were only 1 - 0 down at half time.

Tonight was saved by a very much better last half hour, a Sevco team who were nothing short of profligate with the amount of balls they got into our box and a set of players who in spite of half of them being out of sorts decided they weren't going to give up.

OK … At this point I'm prepared to accept that the manager might feel he doesn't have the personnel to play the high pressing game he talked about the day we appointed him and it cant be denied that the results have been very good. But if that's not the case and he thinks what we have shown in the last two games is going to be the way to approach games against the Ugly sisters and ( God Forbid ) Hearts, then he is in for a rude awakening because in the 40 odd years I've been watching Hibs play these teams that ultra defensive beaten before you start approach has rarely if ever worked and its not going to work now.

Still …. Onwards and I hope upwards.

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2019, 03:10 AM
Rangers should have finished us off, but in the end we should have won it. Both teams will be kicking themselves.

Hibernian32
09-03-2019, 03:37 AM
That draw killed there title hopes 100% not that they where ever going to win it but they will be going home very very bitter and that makes me a happy hibee.

4 games 0 defeats in the league.

HEEEEECKY'S AT THE WHEEL :flag:

CMurdoch
09-03-2019, 03:44 AM
A good point.
10 points out of 12 was what i predicted when Heck came in.
Would have settled for 9.
Tonights 1 is a bonus I hoped for rather than expected.

Motherwell at home and then Livingston away next.
6 points from those 2 games will see us in and around the 2 teams above us.
We then play Hearts & Kilmarnock before the split.
The fight for 4th & 5th is pretty exciting.

First things first.
Hoping that Hearts lose or draw tomorrow at Dundee

Kilmarnock play away at St Mirren on Monday.
Again a loss or a draw would help us.

superbam
09-03-2019, 05:28 AM
Was the first half today really any different to pretty much the full game last time rangers came to ER when we somehow snatched a nil nil when they could have beaten us by 5/6? Fact is we came back strong second half and got a deserved point

Very similar

hibbysam
09-03-2019, 06:34 AM

Lennon set us up even more defensively in his first 2 games against Celtic. It took him a while to realise we could and should have a go at them, I’m more than happy to give PH the same time to make mistakes.

BILLYHIBS
09-03-2019, 07:12 AM
First half was the same horror show different day as the Celtic game

The second half was like night and day

Fair dos to PH for playing about with the formation and getting it spot on

Apart from the goal I can think of three misses/saves where he should have scored Horgan Mallin and McNulty

Hunlucky HIBS and well played Paul Heckingbottom much more like it

:thumbsup:

Bobby's Cinema
09-03-2019, 07:28 AM
First half I'd use the word disgrace at times. When the ball was cleared up the park we were so slow to get out it was frightening. No urgency. No tempo

Even around the 60min mark, Kamberi was scrapping for the ball in his own corner flag. I looked up the park and onlt Mcnulty was beyond our own 18 yard line.

The tactics for me say 'this is how we should have set out to get the best out of them' more than it does well done PH.

Atleast he recognised the mistake and I hope lessons learned. Fair play to him, it's a great start in the league. We move on

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2019, 07:28 AM

Well said mate.

bigwheel
09-03-2019, 07:39 AM
Whilst we weren't good in imposing our game on them in the first half, I'd say we worked really well defensively. Rangers were excellent first 45.. we did really well to stay in touching distance. Some of the tackles and blocks were top class..(one from Milligan was incredible) and despite the onslaught, we were very disciplined and managed to keep them to one. Against as good a performance as I've seen against us this season.

Good to see a change of formation for the second half..and we were well worth our point. It was a huge half time for our new bod, and he came up Trumps...delighted for him and the players...those sorts of things will build confidence and trust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bristolhibby
09-03-2019, 07:42 AM

Some Context. Both games against the Old Firm. Both with a catalogue of injuries.

That’s undefeated in 4 from Hecky.

J

calumhibee1
09-03-2019, 07:43 AM
Whilst we weren't good in imposing our game on them in the first half, I'd say we worked really well defensively. Rangers were excellent first 45.. we did really well to stay in touching distance. Some of the tackles and blocks were top class..(one from Milligan was incredible) and despite the onslaught, we were very disciplined and managed to keep them to one. Against as good a performance as I've seen against us this season.

Good to see a change of formation for the second half..and we were well worth our point. It was a huge half time for our new bod, and he came up Trumps...delighted for him and the players...those sorts of things will build confidence and trust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty much how I saw it. Rangers blew us away first half and were absolutely outstanding, aided to an extent by us being very poor. Second half we were much better and we looked the far more likely team to score. Over the piece I thought we were probably worthy of our point and on another day we probably could have robbed them for all 3 with some of the missed chances.

10 points out of 12 with two difficult away games, one home game against the OF and pretty much having no choice last night with regards to the starting line up. Good going so far.

greenpaper55
09-03-2019, 07:54 AM
We were lucky we went in at half time only one down, much of that was down to us giving the ball away and not having the legs to retrieve the situation. I'm not saying that the players are unfit but a few don't have the athleticism to get up and down the park as often as they should. The manager has also inherited a threadbare squad with a dads army defence ! how many times was the full backs skinned and only last minute stops prevented a goal? Many new players needed in the close season but i'm optimistic about the new manager.

worcesterhibby
09-03-2019, 08:10 AM

what this fine gentleman says.

Waxy
09-03-2019, 08:18 AM
That could be the most extreme difference in halves ive seen Hibs play.
So poor in the first half. The players where trying but the system worked so poorly. Massive credit to the manager and players second half. Had the better chances, competed on the same level and could have won it.We didnt look tired either on an energy sapping pitch.

Joe6-2
09-03-2019, 08:22 AM
So poor in the first half. The players where trying but the system worked so poorly. Massive credit to the manager and players second half. Had the better chances, competed on the same level and could have won it.We didnt look tired either on an energy sapping pitch.

Good point about tiredness, too often players look like they've never trained all week!

calumhibee1
09-03-2019, 08:27 AM

I can only imagine you never noticed Horgan the last half hour :greengrin

Leith Green
09-03-2019, 08:31 AM
First half was awful , as bad as ive seen us play in a long long time. Second half was much better but why not set up that way from the start. My take from both the celtic and rangers is that he has tried to contain them. But the problem with that is that when we have possession we are pressed high into our own half and then just punt the ball up the park. Thought defensively against celtic we were okay for most of the game but rubbish when we had possession , last night we were terrible defensively and offered nothing in an attacking senses before he changed things. Hopefully a lesson has been learned here and we set up very differently against them next time. What has happened to paul hanlon btw?