PDA

View Full Version : Milligan Again!

allmodcons
08-03-2019, 10:13 PM
To anybody who thinks this guy can't play, watch tonight's match again over the weekend.

Tremendous in defensive midfield role tonight. Body on the line on countless occasions. Thought he was superb.

we are hibs
08-03-2019, 10:15 PM
Watching a different game from me again. Him and Hanlon slow and ponderous on the ball. Liability.

Crab apple
To anybody who thinks this guy can't play, watch tonight's match again over the weekend.

Tremendous in defensive midfield role tonight. Body on the line on countless occasions. Thought he was superb.

I thought he was really good tonight particulalry in the first half when we were starting to be overun by der hun in midfield. Omeonga deserves some praise too.

Diclonius
Unfortunately he will need to go to CB now to cover for McGregor.

Tug Wilson
Some folk will still be on here saying that he is rubbish.

Callum_62
08-03-2019, 10:16 PM

and yet he saved us twice with 2 brilliant blocks

Milligan been very good since his return from Asia - folk cant get over his early season form though

Allant1981
08-03-2019, 10:17 PM
Watching a different game from me again. Him and Hanlon slow and ponderous on the ball. Liability.

Rubbish

Unseen work
Some brilliant and noticeable blocks but he also had a lot of good tackles, interceptions and clearances they probably went unnoticed.

Hes a good handy player to have but I think going forward we need better.

The 90+2
Good defensively. Was he instructed to just punt itthough? Same with Sir David, his first thought was to launch it when he usually looks for a pass.

norhfc
08-03-2019, 10:18 PM
Outstanding tonight.

Scooter
08-03-2019, 10:19 PM
Worst thing about daz getting sent off is he will need to go in at centre half

roo62
08-03-2019, 10:20 PM

His defending was different class though and stopped two certain goals. Give him a break.

RoscoHibby
He was overall pretty good at DM tonight, was a bit wasteful at times with the ball tho..

Vault Boy
Good defensive awareness tonight, saved us at times. Still not a big fan of Milligan tbh, feel we can have a more well rounded ball player in midfield, but I'm impressed tonight.

Billy McKirdy
08-03-2019, 10:21 PM
He was our best defender by a mile tonight and made at least two world class stops, get off his back and give him the credit he deserves

hibee_girl
08-03-2019, 10:22 PM
and yet he saved us twice with 2 brilliant blocks

Milligan been very good since his return from Asia - folk cant get over his early season form though

:agree:

He was our only midfielder willing to get stuck in

Mibbes Aye
08-03-2019, 10:24 PM

Good post.

He's not perfect but he brings a load of experience, skill and timing to that role.

We can get a lot out of him over the next season or two, if we play him correctly.

brog
08-03-2019, 10:26 PM
Worst thing about daz getting sent off is he will need to go in at centre half

Johnson could go in. He needs an opportunity.

hibee_girl
08-03-2019, 10:27 PM

Had forgotten all about him!

Beefster
08-03-2019, 10:27 PM

He is a bit ponderous on the ball but he more than makes up for it with the rest of his contribution.

Diclonius
08-03-2019, 10:28 PM

Isn't he injured?

cleanyman
08-03-2019, 10:28 PM
Defensively I think he's good

He can't play in midfield against the top teams though

crash
08-03-2019, 10:30 PM
Might be a blessing him going into defence because he was out of his depth in MF tonight , let them totally dominate that area, passed it through us with ease. It was only when we missed out the MF that we got some joy.

skyehibee
08-03-2019, 10:35 PM
Problem is when we try use him to start our build up play as he’s not got the passing vision as a McGeouch or Mcginn. Defensively he’s good though

B.H.F.C
08-03-2019, 10:40 PM
Might be a blessing him going into defence because he was out of his depth in MF tonight , let them totally dominate that area, passed it through us with ease. It was only when we missed out the MF that we got some joy.

Disagree. It was once we got the extra man in midfield we got some joy.

Tyler Durden
08-03-2019, 10:42 PM
Problem is when we try use him to start our build up play as he’s not got the passing vision as a McGeouch or Mcginn. Defensively he’s good though

:agree:
Had some great blocks tonight but he’s too slow on the ball against better teams. Happy that he’s going to be a fixture in the team til the summer but we can do much much better next season, find a midfielder who can pass, tackle and run.

allmodcons
08-03-2019, 10:43 PM

You watched a different game from me. Rangers did totally dominate midfield in first half but Milligan was a stand out in defensive midfield when Mallan, Omeonga and Horgan were struggling.

Crab apple
08-03-2019, 10:43 PM

That’s my take on it too. Hecky changed our shape second half.

allmodcons
08-03-2019, 10:44 PM

Correct.

CMac1988
08-03-2019, 10:45 PM
He was arguably our best outfield player in what was a disastrous first half. He's actually pretty good on the ball and holds it up quite well. That being said he's very prone to getting caught in possession due to his lack of pace.

lyonhibs
08-03-2019, 10:46 PM
Him and Marciano are the reasons that game was still remotely in sight at half time. Great DM performance.

Forza Fred
08-03-2019, 10:50 PM
Some brilliant and noticeable blocks but he also had a lot of good tackles, interceptions and clearances they probably went unnoticed.

Hes a good handy player to have but I think going forward we need better.

But surely the same thing could be said in regard to just about EVERY player?

ALL players are capable of being replaced by better players...if we could afford it.

Ultimately its down to a case of priorities, and I don't see Milligan as being a high priority to be replaced...same with Marciano.

gogsy23
08-03-2019, 10:52 PM
Thought milligan was great more so 1st half as they had the extra man in the middle. Still think we are too defensive in the middle.

Tyler Durden
08-03-2019, 10:52 PM
That’s my take on it too. Hecky changed our shape second half.

It was more like after 35 mins he changed it.

Credit to him for doing so but to be honest that was the shape we should have started the game with. Milligan and Mallan were always going to toil when Rangers had an extra player in the centre of midfield. Matching up man for man was always the way to go

Roxyhibee
08-03-2019, 10:53 PM
My MOTM.

Swedish hibee
08-03-2019, 10:57 PM
For the wages we're paying him, I want better.

Callum_62
08-03-2019, 11:02 PM
For the wages we're paying him, I want better.

what wages are we paying him?

Hes probably been nigh on our best player since he returned from Asia

Smartie
08-03-2019, 11:03 PM
He was arguably our best outfield player in what was a disastrous first half. He's actually pretty good on the ball and holds it up quite well. That being said he's very prone to getting caught in possession due to his lack of pace.

I think the reason he gets caught is a lack of options coupled with his unwillingness to just hoof it up the park.

He does dally on the ball at times and can be picked off by teams who press hard, but he's normally got adequate pace to position himself to make a pass. He just doesn't get as long on the ball as he sometimes wants.

Very good player though, and he's been key to our recent improvement. Gutsy performance tonight and stopped us being blown away in a dire first half.

Criswell
08-03-2019, 11:10 PM
I thought he had his best game for us yet. Put in a great defensive shift.

bigwheel
08-03-2019, 11:15 PM
I thought he had his best game for us yet. Put in a great defensive shift.

Been like that for weeks now...one of our best players ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2019, 11:16 PM

Correct, not sure what game you watched but it wasn’t the one at ER.

SideBurns
08-03-2019, 11:17 PM
He's a good footballer but lacks pace, as you'd expect at his stage of career. If he had runners left and right of him he'd be strolling games, but the whole side is pedestrian at the moment. Which isn't to detract from a pretty remarkable second half performance from the team tonight, given how far out of the game we seemed at half-time.

tamig
08-03-2019, 11:25 PM

Nonsense. Milligan was excellent tonight. Think he made one poor pass all night.

MyJo
08-03-2019, 11:26 PM
I just wish he pushed us forward more, always seems to turn and go backwards back to the defence when he is in possession.

we are hibs
08-03-2019, 11:29 PM
Rubbish

Another well constructed argument from you.

Correct, not sure what game you watched but it wasn’t the one at ER.

Hilarious.

we are hibs
08-03-2019, 11:32 PM
Nonsense. Milligan was excellent tonight. Think he made one poor pass all night.

He was caught on the ball more than once. Although so was hanlon. If everyone was fit then neither would be getting a game on current form. But needs must. If he leaves in the summer would anyone really notice? He's meant to be this great leader yet the midfield and defence look all over the place. Probably a decent player if we had got him a few years back but I'm just not seeing what others are at the minute.

TelaStella
08-03-2019, 11:35 PM
I actually thought he was murder tonight but football is a funny old game. Not so much of a disaster defensively but with trying to move us forward and specifically his eye for a pass I thought he was miles off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GibbytheHibby2
08-03-2019, 11:40 PM

I thought his passing was poor tonight. 🤷🏼*♂️ I'd play Omeonga there next game.

Fritz
08-03-2019, 11:55 PM
Reminds me of Claros, came in with a (relatively) big reputation but has been pretty disappointing so far. And like Claros, now whenever he does anything half decent he gets lauded by some. I thought he was ok but nothing more. Some vital blocks but he's so slow in possession and some of his passing is very poor.

Ozyhibby
09-03-2019, 12:10 AM
He plays far to deep. Left Mallan on his own in midfield.
A few good tackles tonight but I don’t think we can have a holding mid just sitting in beside the centre halves.

Up The Bracket
09-03-2019, 12:13 AM
He was brutal tonight, the boy just kicks it, says a lot for Australia that he’s their captain, honestly don’t see what he brings to the team.

The Harp Awakes
09-03-2019, 12:13 AM

Totally agree mate. First half Milligan and Horgan were the only Hibs players with psss marks.

Mibbes Aye
09-03-2019, 12:14 AM
I just wish he pushed us forward more, always seems to turn and go backwards back to the defence when he is in possession.

He can only pass when he has players showing. Too often he had to go back for us to go forward, becsuse the pass wasn’t there. Rankgers deserve credit for that because they closed things down and made it difficult for us.

I think he can play a forward pass or a splitting pass but he was up against it tonight and in fairness that’s okay. There’s a reason why he got him and they didn’t sign him. Pound for pound we were up against a better team and it showed.

It hurts but it is right.

Mibbes Aye
09-03-2019, 12:18 AM
I thought his passing was poor tonight. 🤷🏼*♂️ I'd play Omeonga there next game.

I don’t think we are utilising Omeonga correctly but he and Milligan are nowhere near interchangeable. They are completely different players.

matty_f
I thought he was ok, some really good moments and some really basic errors - but he wasn't alone in that respect.

7/10 score from me - his blocks were excellent and he was a calm head when we needed it.

hibbysam
2 boys behind me absolutely slated him in the east for 90 minutes. Didn’t have a clue. He was too deep, played it backwards, then played it forwards and was slated for that also. Our midfield was too static first half so of course he slowed it down as he had no options. His two blocks, especially first one, was outstanding though. Classy player.

theonlywayisup
09-03-2019, 12:20 AM

You've convinced me that you know nothing about football.

At the game, I thought he was poor. Having watched the game again, I realise that I was wrong. Yes, he played a few poor passes. But, he did more good than bad tonight. We would have lost without him.

Ozyhibby
09-03-2019, 12:24 AM
I thought he was ok, some really good moments and some really basic errors - but he wasn't alone in that respect.

7/10 score from me - his blocks were excellent and he was a calm head when we needed it.

2 boys behind me absolutely slated him in the east for 90 minutes. Didn’t have a clue. He was too deep, played it backwards, then played it forwards and was slated for that also. Our midfield was too static first half so of course he slowed it down as he had no options. His two blocks, especially first one, was outstanding though. Classy player.

There is nothing wrong with his tackling tonight and he gave maximum effort like the rest of the team but his positional play is far too deep. He is too far away from the rest of the midfield to link play.
We got absolutely over run in midfield in the first half mostly because Mallan was in there on his own. Second half Omeungo went in there and it got much better.
Milligan knows he is too slow so sits back so his pace does not get exposed.

hibbysam
09-03-2019, 06:42 AM
There is nothing wrong with his tackling tonight and he gave maximum effort like the rest of the team but his positional play is far too deep. He is too far away from the rest of the midfield to link play.
We got absolutely over run in midfield in the first half mostly because Mallan was in there on his own. Second half Omeungo went in there and it got much better.
Milligan knows he is too slow so sits back so his pace does not get exposed.

He was marking arfield who was their attacking midfielder and playing right up top. We were overrun because it was 3 on 2 in the middle, not because of Milligan’s positioning. He’s a defensive midfielder who’s job is to sit in front of the back 4, mental to think otherwise. The big lad done his job, and make two goal saving blocks due to his positioning. Outstanding.

we are hibs
09-03-2019, 06:50 AM
You've convinced me that you know nothing about football.

At the game, I thought he was poor. Having watched the game again, I realise that I was wrong. Yes, he played a few poor passes. But, he did more good than bad tonight. We would have lost without him.

"You've convinced me you know nothing about football"

Yet you had the same opinion as me while leaving the game? Nice one, clown.

BILLYHIBS
09-03-2019, 07:04 AM
I thought he played well tonight

Put his body on the line on more than one occasion saving us from conceding on more than one occasion

He seemed to pick up a groin strain half way through the first half but bravely played through the pain barrier

PH needs to remind him that passing the ball forward is an option on occasion :greengrin

Allant1981
09-03-2019, 07:37 AM
Another well constructed argument from you.

Hilarious.

If I thought your post was worthy of a well thought out reply I'd have done so but 9/10 they are not, hence my reply

WeAreHibs
09-03-2019, 07:39 AM

Nonsense!

we are hibs
09-03-2019, 07:41 AM
Nonsense!

Another well constructed argument. Well done.

Coach Jon
09-03-2019, 07:46 AM

100% agree, both played like they had lead in their boots

villahibs
09-03-2019, 07:59 AM
Funny how people see games and individual performances so differently. Milligan had a couple of cracking blocks last night, throwing himself in front of the ball, especially the one in the first half. It’s the basic stuff for me. Slowing the game down to such an extent he puts himself in trouble. Giving away possession with simple slack 10 yard passes. It certainly wasn’t his worst game last night but some on here would have you thinking he’s another Paul Scholes. When he plays he gets my full support and will continue to do so... I’m just not seeing this quality others clearly are 😳

Bishop Hibee
09-03-2019, 08:01 AM
I thought he was excellent defensively last night.

WeAreHibs
09-03-2019, 08:03 AM
Another well constructed argument. Well done.

Wasn't an argument, merely passing comment. Thanks for the compliment though.

jeffers
09-03-2019, 08:09 AM
Funny how people see games and individual performances so differently. Milligan had a couple of cracking blocks last night, throwing himself in front of the ball, especially the one in the first half. It’s the basic stuff for me. Slowing the game down to such an extent he puts himself in trouble. Giving away possession with simple slack 10 yard passes. It certainly wasn’t his worst game last night but some on here would have you thinking he’s another Paul Scholes. When he plays he gets my full support and will continue to do so... I’m just not seeing this quality others clearly are 😳

Totally agree with that. I don’t think he’s a bad player but equally I don’t get the comments saying he’s been excellent/our best player. He’ll be on good wages in Hibs terms but imo we are not getting value for money. I hope we don’t exercise the option of another year and wish him all the best at the end of the season.

theonlywayisup
09-03-2019, 08:10 AM
"You've convinced me you know nothing about football"

Yet you had the same opinion as me while leaving the game? Nice one, clown.

No, I didn't have the same opinion. There's quite a difference between calling someone poor and saying they are a liability.

I thought he was poor last night, but then most Hibs players were poor especially in the first half. He's certainly not a liability.

Based on the displays last night, I could make an argument for every single of them being very good or very poor.

However, when I read your posts they invariably always focus on the negatives. As Heck has mentioned a couple of times, players will make mistakes, he'll make mistakes, referees will make mistakes and so will you and I.

As for the name calling, that tells me everything I need to know about you.

Goodbye and have a good weekend.

Onion
09-03-2019, 08:15 AM
Like almost every Hibs player last night, Milligan had a mixed night. Some cracking blocks that prevented goals one minute, giving the ball away for free, poor tackling the next. He is so slow, the Sevco midfielders simply and easily bypassed him numerous times. Sadly, bottom line is Milligan and Mallan are not good enough if we aspire to be a top 6 SPL club.

allmodcons
09-03-2019, 08:39 AM
He was brutal tonight, the boy just kicks it, says a lot for Australia that he’s their captain, honestly don’t see what he brings to the team.

If you get a chance watch the game again and keep an eye on Milligan. You'll see in first half in particular that we were overrun by Rangers because they had an extra man in the middle of the park. Personally, I thought Heckingbottom was slow to make the change but was glad he 'mixed things up' at half time.

I think Milligan gave the ball away a couple of times which, in the context of a game where Rangers were simply better than us, is remarkable. He made some incredible blocks and won numerous tackles. His game is not about defence splitting passes (i.e. - he's not Scott Allan) but played in the correct position as a sitting midfielder he is very good at meeting what the role demands.

As another poster said, Milligan and Marciano kept us in the game first half.

Others are saying he gets exposed against top sides which, considering Rangers were unbeaten in 13 going in to last night's match, just leaves me scratching my head.

allmodcons
09-03-2019, 08:47 AM
Like almost every Hibs player last night, Milligan had a mixed night. Some cracking blocks that prevented goals one minute, giving the ball away for free, poor tackling the next. He is so slow, the Sevco midfielders simply and easily bypassed him numerous times. Sadly, bottom line is Milligan and Mallan are not good enough if we aspire to be a top 6 SPL club.
We are a top 6 side.

jeffers
09-03-2019, 09:04 AM
If you get a chance watch the game again and keep an eye on Milligan. You'll see in first half in particular that we were overrun by Rangers because they had an extra man in the middle of the park. Personally, I thought Heckingbottom was slow to make the change but was glad he 'mixed things up' at half time.

I think Milligan gave the ball away a couple of times which, in the context of a game where Rangers were simply better than us, is remarkable. He made some incredible blocks and won numerous tackles. His game is not about defence splitting passes (i.e. - he's not Scott Allan) but played in the correct position as a sitting midfielder he is very good at meeting what the role demands.

Others are saying he gets exposed against top sides which, considering Rangers were unbeaten in 13 going in to last night's match, just leaves me scratching my head.

I watched the game again when I got home, he made two exceptional blocks that along with Marciano's saves undoubtedly kept us in the game.

Generally though I find him to be too slow and ponderous on the ball and often passing to team mates when they are not in a great position to receive it (admittedly he's not the only one guilty of that.) I disagree about him winning numerous tackles, it's actually a part of his game I expected more from. When he signed he was described as a tough tackling midfielder, who had a nasty streak when required, who could also play a bit (pretty sure he was also said to have a great range of passing.) I also expected a bit of a leader, given his experience and the fact he captains his country. I'd like to have seen him play two or three years ago and be able to judge him at his peak.

Like I said, not a terrible player, but not imo justifying the money we will be paying him.

Weegreenman
09-03-2019, 09:20 AM
Unfortunately he’s lost what pace he ever had. Yes he’s got a wee bit ability and nouse but we need younger fitter guys who can cover the ground.

Tyler Durden
09-03-2019, 10:30 AM

What the role demands - let’s compare him to McGeouch, Beuzelin or Claros (a player i don’t rate nearly as highly as some on here). Milligan falls well short in passing ability. Often he takes 2-3 touches then plays it back to a centre back. A better player takes a touch and quickly opens up play to our full backs. Milligan doesn’t trust his ability to pass it accurately 20-30 yards.

The players I mention were, granted, the best we’ve had in these roles for last 10 years but that’s what we can get in our budget if we recruit we’ll. Milligan for me is no better than Fraser Fyvie. A decent player who gives his all.

bordergreen
09-03-2019, 10:34 AM

Yep! Don't get the slating of him at all. He is a player.

bigwheel
09-03-2019, 10:37 AM
What the role demands - let’s compare him to McGeouch, Beuzelin or Claros (a player i don’t rate nearly as highly as some on here). Milligan falls well short in passing ability. Often he takes 2-3 touches then plays it back to a centre back. A better player takes a touch and quickly opens up play to our full backs. Milligan doesn’t trust his ability to pass it accurately 20-30 yards.

The players I mention were, granted, the best we’ve had in these roles for last 10 years but that’s what we can get in our budget if we recruit we’ll. Milligan for me is no better than Fraser Fyvie. A decent player who gives his all.

Some fair points..yet Think you are missing out what he does bring to the team...his pass completion rate will be probably the highest in our team..he is really effective at closing down gaps when teams break on us. He must have some sort of shot block record since he came back from the Asia Cup. May not have the legs, but his head reads the game really well. one of our best players in recent weeks, well worth a starting place.

Probably not one of the hardest roles to replace if he does move on - but in a depleted squad, and a back four that is short on quality - I'd say he is one of our most important players at the moment.

we are hibs
09-03-2019, 10:39 AM
No, I didn't have the same opinion. There's quite a difference between calling someone poor and saying they are a liability.

I thought he was poor last night, but then most Hibs players were poor especially in the first half. He's certainly not a liability.

Based on the displays last night, I could make an argument for every single of them being very good or very poor.

However, when I read your posts they invariably always focus on the negatives. As Heck has mentioned a couple of times, players will make mistakes, he'll make mistakes, referees will make mistakes and so will you and I.

As for the name calling, that tells me everything I need to know about you.

Goodbye and have a good weekend.

He's a liability while defending set pieces. That's a fact. Take a look at previous games. He's either nowhere near his man or he is all over them and risking giving away a penalty. If you don't want called a clown don't come out with nonsense things like you don't know anything about football. Same could be aimed at you given you thought he was poor too.

500miles
09-03-2019, 10:40 AM
Milligan was pretty good last night. Passing wasn't spot on, but rangers were really made finding space difficult, so I'm not quite ready to blame the passing rather than the movement.

Mallan was lost though, Milligan carried him.

we are hibs
09-03-2019, 10:41 AM
If I thought your post was worthy of a well thought out reply I'd have done so but 9/10 they are not, hence my reply

You do the same for everyone. You obviously lack the mental capacity to be able to think of a well structured opposing point. Ta ta now.

gogsy23
09-03-2019, 10:47 AM
Comments saying all he does is pass it back... Why is that?? I would say because the way we set up the majority of time there was no out ball, no pass to make and he doesnt want to just lump it up the park. Also credit rangers for marking well enough that no outlet ball was on.

Allant1981
09-03-2019, 10:54 AM
You do the same for everyone. You obviously lack the mental capacity to be able to think of a well structured opposing point. Ta ta now.

Bit of a stalker?

Tyler Durden
09-03-2019, 11:04 AM
Some fair points..yet Think you are missing out what he does bring to the team...his pass completion rate will be probably the highest in our team..he is really effective at closing down gaps when teams break on us. He must have some sort of shot block record since he came back from the Asia Cup. May not have the legs, but his head reads the game really well. one of our best players in recent weeks, well worth a starting place.

Probably not one of the hardest roles to replace if he does move on - but in a depleted squad, and a back four that is short on quality - I'd say he is one of our most important players at the moment.

I agree on the last point, I think him and Slivka have the jerseys until the end of the season and they can have us competing for 4th place.

I just think the manager will find better options in the summer, players with more energy and ability. Milligan has had a number of games where he’s been a 6 or 7 out of 10 for me. Done a decent job, not brilliant. Albeit one fantastic block last night.

Smartie
09-03-2019, 11:12 AM
I agree on the last point, I think him and Slivka have the jerseys until the end of the season and they can have us competing for 4th place.

I just think the manager will find better options in the summer, players with more energy and ability. Milligan has had a number of games where he’s been a 6 or 7 out of 10 for me. Done a decent job, not brilliant. Albeit one fantastic block last night.

I think that they have been proven to be more than good enough against the weaker teams, although if we make the top six I think we're going to have to re-think our approach to games against Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts.

We've been awful for large spells of the last 2 games and very poor against Aberdeen and Hearts all season.

Not sure what options Heck really has though, as it is mainly the appalling lack of pace throughout our squad that is being shown up.

I agree that he has a big summer ahead of him.

blackpoolhibs
09-03-2019, 11:33 AM
I dont know how anyone can slate him last night in the first half, he made a few good blocks, one stopping a certain goal, and he played with his head up and like a few others, he played the ball over their full backs into the huns half getting them turned and giving us some respite.

Purely down to tactics employed by the manager, he never had a second on the ball. He was outnumbered and of course he was deep, they ran the show for 40 minutes with us not laying a glove on them in the middle of the park and up top.

When we changed things, the whole game changed, and instead of us hanging on for dear life, we made them think, made them have to defend and made them uncomfortable.

If we'd stayed as it was, we would have been pumped sideways and rightly so.

We may not be the best team in this league, but we do have to play a certain way to see us at our best, and hanging on for dear life is not that way.

MyJo
09-03-2019, 11:41 AM
I think that they have been proven to be more than good enough against the weaker teams, although if we make the top six I think we're going to have to re-think our approach to games against Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts.

We've been awful for large spells of the last 2 games and very poor against Aberdeen and Hearts all season.

Not sure what options Heck really has though, as it is mainly the appalling lack of pace throughout our squad that is being shown up.

I agree that he has a big summer ahead of him.

I think we are going to have to accept that we aren't good enough to go toe to toe with Celtic or Rangers using a 4-4-2 formation and look to adapt this into a 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 giving us more bodies in midfield and defence and playing on the counter attack.

Besties Debut
09-03-2019, 11:52 AM
Milligan's level of stamina is poor and has been since he arrived at the club. To me, it looks like he struggles to get the last 20 minutes of every game he plays in.

Smartie
09-03-2019, 01:28 PM
I think we are going to have to accept that we aren't good enough to go toe to toe with Celtic or Rangers using a 4-4-2 formation and look to adapt this into a 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 giving us more bodies in midfield and defence and playing on the counter attack.

Not with these players, and I'd be amazed if he managed to get players in on our budget who could.

I got quite depressed during the first half, thinking that we'd regressed to a level where we couldn't even compete.

All it took was a tactical tweak and we were back in it.

gaz1875
09-03-2019, 01:33 PM

This is where I am with Milligan, needs to move a lot quicker than he does and stop going backwards, drives me up the ****ing wall!!