View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs v Old Firm West

Pages : 1 2 [3]

-Jonesy-
08-03-2019, 08:50 PM
Omeonga was a weak link I'm afraid.

Made the tackle where the goal came from

Tomsk
08-03-2019, 08:50 PM
In fairness, a couple of reasonable interviews by the two Huns there.

AgentDaleCooper
08-03-2019, 08:52 PM

Impact player IMO

jakedance
Great point. Rangers should have had it won at half time but we’re their bogey team and they hate us so I’m happy.

Heisenberg
How the hell did we manage to get a point there? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Because we improved immensely in the second half and deserved it. Heckingbottom deserves a bit of credit for our results since he’s come in. Poor last weekend but that aside he’s done very well.

ionahibby
Tbf Halliday and Kent came across pretty well on their post match interview. Dempster not coming across well in the interview though I think, you don’t come on tv slating your owns fans bad patter.

hibee_girl
That was daylight (nighttime) robbery :greengrin

hibee_girl
08-03-2019, 08:53 PM
Tbf Halliday and Kent came across pretty well on their post match interview. Dempster not coming across well in the interview though I think, you don’t come on tv slating your owns fans bad patter.

She was 100% right with what she said

chasitup
She was 100% right with what she said
I couldn’t agree more.

Speedway

What fan?

The 90+2
08-03-2019, 08:54 PM
I couldn’t agree more.

What did she say?

JohnMcM
08-03-2019, 08:55 PM

Really?
How differently we can each see the same player at the same tme.

:flag:

The Captain....
08-03-2019, 08:56 PM
Worst first half I’ve seen in years.

Second half we tried to play football.

Fought like **** though and for that part, I’m impressed.

Agreed...there was some nice interchanges between the front two in the second half - I thought we might even steal the 3 points. Love Omeonga's commitment, Kamberi and McNulty seem to be on the same wavelength and link up quite well when they get decent service.

Always makes your weekend to see Morelos leaving a football pitch with his face tripping him..between him and McGregor they have two of the most odious characters in Scottish football history. Absolute dregs.

Marvellous

I hope the fan gets banned for life and gets his head kicked in as well

WHAM
Is it just me or is BT Sport trying there best to blow up the incident with the fan at HT? To be fair it was unacceptable but I don’t ever remember as big a deal being made of previous incidents involving one numpty.

supermcginn

Can't be serious.

hibee_girl
What did she say?

That she wouldn’t call him a supporter as a supporter wouldn’t do that. It’s completely unacceptable and she couldn’t believe someone would do that after all that was said after the bottle being thrown at Sinclair.

She said she wrote to Sinclair to apologise to him and she was going to speak to tavenier

She also said a statement on the website wasn’t enough, she approached BT Sport to do the interview as she thinks we need to be talking about it more seriously

Tomsk

Think you've got that one wrong, chap.

cabbageandribs1875
08-03-2019, 08:59 PM
stubbsy

'rangers have lost this game due to their inability to win the game' eh, so did we win in the end then :greengrin

The 90+2
08-03-2019, 08:59 PM
That she wouldn’t call him a supporter as a supporter wouldn’t do that. It’s completely unacceptable and she couldn’t believe someone would do that after all that was said after the bottle being thrown at Sinclair.

She said she wrote to Sinclair to apologise to him and she was going to speak to tavenier

She also said a statement on the website wasn’t enough, she approached BT Sport to do the interview as she thinks we need to be talking about it more seriously

Thanks.

Can’t argue with any of that. What a lunatic after last weekend.

The 90+2
08-03-2019, 09:00 PM
I hope the fan gets banned for life and gets his head kicked in as well

Violence isn’t the answer.

chrisski33
08-03-2019, 09:01 PM

You patter is not right. The guy running on the pitch at a player like that isnt a fan. This will be talked about for ages now because of some tw@t

Gatecrasher
08-03-2019, 09:01 PM
Is it just me or is BT Sport trying there best to blow up the incident with the fan at HT? To be fair it was unacceptable but I don’t ever remember as big a deal being made of previous incidents involving one numpty.

I'm not trying to play down the incident tonight by saying this but BT sport cling on to any little but of controversy they can find and ride the wave until no one cares any more. Spfl will be well rid when the TV deal changes m

ionahibby
08-03-2019, 09:02 PM
Think you've got that one wrong, chap.

On public tv I think that’s wrong. All she has done is give the papers and every media outlet something to continually poke us with, anything to avoid mentioning the rangers fans for their constant behaviour. I’m all for her doing something about it banning orders etc but sometimes you can go too far. Well in my opinion I think she was wrong to do the tv interview.

Speedway
08-03-2019, 09:02 PM
Fair play to Heckingnottom, agree with how he saw the game.

hibee_girl
08-03-2019, 09:04 PM
Stevie G moaning about a foul in the lead up to our goal :greengrin

SRHibs
08-03-2019, 09:05 PM

What did he say?

The 90+2
08-03-2019, 09:05 PM
On public tv I think that’s wrong. All she has done is give the papers and every media outlet something to continually poke us with, anything to avoid mentioning the rangers fans for their constant behaviour. I’m all for her doing something about it banning orders etc but sometimes you can go too far. Well in my opinion I think she was wrong to do the tv interview.

Incorrect.

It was going to be the big headlines anyway.

What she’s done is taken the chance to say the club are disappointed and disgusted with this ****. Unlike many other clubs who would say or do f-all.

I’m delighted she’s sticking up for the vast majority of the normal supporters.

Joe6-2
08-03-2019, 09:06 PM

He is an odious little twat

The 90+2

Minor slip up from him there.

hibee_girl
Think he has been pretty well balanced in his assessment

To be fair he was :agree:

silverhibee
08-03-2019, 09:07 PM
Dry yir eyes Stevie boy.

CMac1988
Because we improved immensely in the second half and deserved it. Heckingbottom deserves a bit of credit for our results since he’s come in. Poor last weekend but that aside he’s done very well.

He made the call that turned things round so credit due but what was he thinking with that blue jumper and blue tie pre match? PETRIE!

Forza Fred

Didn’t see Leeann’s interview, but surely it was the hooded punter who jumped the fence who gave the media outlets the ammunition to poke us with....

jacomo
08-03-2019, 09:10 PM

Context. Bottle thrown on the pitch last week so the media have got their story written for them.

LD is fuming and fair play to her. Good leadership from her tonight.

Sweet Left Peg
08-03-2019, 09:11 PM
Horgan should have been off half an hour ago and replaced wi Mackie, sweet left peg.

I never said he shouldn't have been...

Speedway
08-03-2019, 09:11 PM
What did he say?

He said ‘Speedway was spot on with the way he saw the game.’

Mr Grieves
08-03-2019, 09:12 PM
13 pages until we scored and only three after the goal. Huh, imagine that - dafties all shot back under their beds.......

Some of us were celebrating the goal in the stands, unlike you.

steviehibsleith
08-03-2019, 09:12 PM
Really?
How differently we can each see the same player at the same tme.

:flag:

7/10 Big thing for me never hid when the game was tough, one of the few who wanted the ball especially from throw ons

BullsCloseHibs
08-03-2019, 09:13 PM
We are the Hibs!

Jack Hackett
08-03-2019, 09:13 PM

In social media terms, bad behaviour at games is 'Trending'. Incidents like this only add fuel to the flames. Manna for the headline writers and pundits

Hibbyradge
08-03-2019, 09:14 PM

She was excellent and she didn't slate Hibs fans.

She slated some anus who won't be at a Hibs game for another decade at least.

Callum_62
Well done Leeann and its about time this sort of behaviour was tackled head on - thats the first step

On the game - shocking first half, really terrible

I said to my mate tho rangers cant keep this up- 55 mins in they started to really drop off

We couldve won it in the end - altho take a draw after the first half

Really spirited performance 2nd half and im struggling to think of many saves Offy made in the final 45 mins

The Pointer
Violence isn’t the answer.

It used to be be, but we've gone soft.

Bostonhibby
08-03-2019, 09:15 PM
100% Support for everything LD said. Root these animals out.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

hhibs
08-03-2019, 09:15 PM
7/10 Big thing for me never hid when the game was tough, one of the few who wanted the ball especially from throw ons

Agree with that.

pacoluna
08-03-2019, 09:16 PM
13 pages until we scored and only three after the goal. Huh, imagine that - dafties all shot back under their beds.......

Probably because we played with intent In the second half and played a hell of a lot better than the 1st half which was absolutely horrendous.

Credit to hecky similar to the stj game he got a reaction see me half.

SCHAEDYSHORTS
08-03-2019, 09:18 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else thing the BT commentary has been a bit anti Hibs since Lennon went? They seem to be trying to draw attention to lots of incidents regarding our players? That said its so sad to see dicks like like that hooded idiot, going to cost our club & get us talked about for all the wrong reasons.

ED Hibee
Mallan what an idiot.

CMac1988

Thought he was wrong with the McGregor call. A yellow for me but not the nothing foul he though or equally the red that BT and their 'behind the scene ref' would've given. With that said though I've no issue with what he said and if he did see it that way then fair enough. Equally if he's just defending his player and deflecting then again no prob.

The 90+2
08-03-2019, 09:19 PM
Mallan what an idiot.

??

Carheenlea
08-03-2019, 09:19 PM
A much improved second half and a well deserved draw in the end. Use of the ball much better and carved out some great chances. Unbeaten in League so far for Heckingbottom so plenty of positives to take from that.

The 90+2
08-03-2019, 09:20 PM
Thought he was wrong with the McGregor call. A yellow for me but not the nothing foul he though or equally the red that BT and their 'behind the scene ref' would've given. With that said though I've no issue with what he said and if he did see it that way then fair enough. Equally if he's just defending his player and deflecting then again no prob.

He should have ripped Horgan for getting Daz sent off.

calumhibee1
08-03-2019, 09:23 PM
Very, very bad first half. Much better second half. Not free flowing football but we created plenty chances and were the better team in the second half. A draw probably about a fair result IMO.

Can’t believe Horgan didn’t come off, he was dead on his feet and didn’t even look like he could muster the energy to kick it further than 10 yards.

Oh and Morelos.. GIFUY.

Diclonius
08-03-2019, 09:25 PM
Another game where I questioned why Mallan was on the pitch, only for him to very nearly score and then set up McNulty for the assist. Well done.

twiceinathens
08-03-2019, 09:27 PM
Dug in well to rescue a result from a game when we should have been well beaten by half time.

Mantis Toboggan
08-03-2019, 09:34 PM
He should have ripped Horgan for getting Daz sent off.

Must be one of the worst passes ever
However, Horgan was digging in so well, like the rest of the team, so hard to slate him tbh..

Crab apple
08-03-2019, 09:34 PM
Very, very bad first half. Much better second half. Not free flowing football but we created plenty chances and were the better team in the second half. A draw probably about a fair result IMO.

Can’t believe Horgan didn’t come off, he was dead on his feet and didn’t even look like he could muster the energy to kick it further than 10 yards.

Oh and Morelos.. GIFUY.

He looked knackered from about 60 minutes onwards.

adhibs
08-03-2019, 09:42 PM

thought his positivity running with the ball when pushed further forward was a big part of our come back.

dmc1875
08-03-2019, 09:42 PM
Fair play to the management team for changing it for the second half - much improved we just need to be up and at them from the off

Crazyhorse
08-03-2019, 09:44 PM
Incorrect.

It was going to be the big headlines anyway.

What she’s done is taken the chance to say the club are disappointed and disgusted with this ****. Unlike many other clubs who would say or do f-all.

I’m delighted she’s sticking up for the vast majority of the normal supporters.

Hear hear! You are spot on.

Hibrandenburg
08-03-2019, 10:05 PM
First half was dire and der Hun should have been at least 2 or 3 ahead, thank **** for Rocky. We were 11 individuals in the first half and couldn't pass wind. Second half we improved but it still looked messy, lucky draw in my opinion but that only makes it all the sweeter. GIRFUY Huns.

The 90+2
08-03-2019, 10:06 PM
Must be one of the worst passes ever
However, Horgan was digging in so well, like the rest of the team, so hard to slate him tbh..

Very true. Couldn’t believe the pass though.

wookie70
08-03-2019, 10:13 PM
Great result in the end and a very brave performance. The Rangers ran rings round us at times in the first half but their tactic is high energy to try and blow teams away. We defended very well and when they started to run out of steam we were the better team for about 15-20 minutes scoring a good goal and squandering a few good chances. Rocky never really had a save to make and some of our defending was brilliant.

Heck took a chance leaving the team the same and changing formations but he ends up with great credit as Flo scores coming in from the blindside after working so hard in the second half. Far more positives than negatives for me and the players look like they are working at full tilt and are well organised. I think the lack of subs is a mixture of trying to get some fitness into the team and the tiny squad of available players Heck has to work with. 10 points from 4 games is a brilliant start and another couple of wins might get us starting to think about Europe.

GreenCastle
08-03-2019, 10:17 PM

Hahaha!

So true.

monktonharp
08-03-2019, 11:20 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else thing the BT commentary has been a bit anti Hibs since Lennon went? They seem to be trying to draw attention to lots of incidents regarding our players? That said its so sad to see dicks like like that hooded idiot, going to cost our club & get us talked about for all the wrong reasons.In my opinion they always have been anti-Hibs in some way. our fans are not innocents, or victims in any way but there always seems to be a "body" quite ready to come down on us. if you look at the odd incident regarding a bottle, or someone running on to the park recently it looks quite bad. If you take it a bit further at incidents happening at ER, the smoke bomb from the away (Celtic) end, the various smoke bombs from the away end (Gorgie mob) and add to that the fact that Celtic fans also threw coins there quite recently . ...it suddenly all looks that our ground is a terrible place to be at. on the contrary , look and listen to what comes from the away end during class A games then decide where the real problem starts.

jacomo
08-03-2019, 11:22 PM
Hahaha!

So true.

No, the point was made earlier you get a lot more live reporting from the game when Hibs are doing badly, and less when we’re on top.

The post count drops off dramatically, and spikes when there are goals.

Makes complete sense to me.

NAE NOOKIE
09-03-2019, 02:59 AM
Anybody castigating folk who were down on the team after the first half clearly wasn't at the game …. its impossible to overstate how utterly utterly rubbish we were in the first half, only the blindest of blind optimists would have thought there was a way back after 45 minutes of that and the folk bemoaning our tepid, way way too cautious and negative approach were bang on. It was so bad the only positive was that the crowd didn't bugger off to the pub at half time …. believe me that's what I felt like doing.

I also cant believe anybody who had a go at Omeonga, the guy ran himself into the ground and was far more involved in the game than half his team mates.

Not having TV in my car I didn't see Dempster's interview, but whatever she had to say about the brain dead idiot who ran onto the park wasn't strong enough for me, he should be hung by his balls from the sodding east stand and left to rot.

Anyway … we have to look at that as a point gained, the amazing thing is that we might even have nicked it at the end which would have been as close to daylight robbery as I've ever seen at Easter Road, from a Hibs team at least. I don't know if the combination of lack of personnel, a lack of experience of the Scottish game from the manager or just plain bad tactics combined with poor play were to blame for what I witnessed for an hour last night. But if that is actually the way the manager thinks he needs to approach games against the bigot brothers, especially at home, he wont be the manager for very long, because result notwithstanding that approach to the game and performance was about as unacceptable at home as its possible to get.