PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SEASON TICKETS | FAMOUS FIVE STAND

RSS Bot
07-03-2019, 11:40 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9779)

Keith_M
07-03-2019, 07:54 PM
"Last year existing Famous Five Lower season ticket holders were advised that the section would become a family only area from the forthcoming season. We want to open up the area for new families to attend, which currently isn’t possible.

This means that all purchases made in the area must be done as a group with at least one child or youth included. If you are part of that group we would ask that you purchase your season ticket together as a group purchase, either online using the My Network facility or at the Hibernian Ticket Office."

Looks like if you're not part of a group with kids, you'll have to move.

PatHead
07-03-2019, 08:24 PM
"Last year existing Famous Five Lower season ticket holders were advised that the section would become a family only area from the forthcoming season. We want to open up the area for new families to attend, which currently isn’t possible.

This means that all purchases made in the area must be done as a group with at least one child or youth included. If you are part of that group we would ask that you purchase your season ticket together as a group purchase, either online using the My Network facility or at the Hibernian Ticket Office."

An effort to make it a real family section. Seems fair enough but people who have been there since Adam was a boy and their children have grown up won't agree

Mikey
07-03-2019, 08:39 PM

About time too.

S4uzee
07-03-2019, 08:46 PM
So no movement for the singing section ....

tamig
07-03-2019, 08:46 PM
As a matter of interest, does anyone know how they define a youth?

04Sauzee
07-03-2019, 08:48 PM
So no movement for the singing section ....

It's all in the q & A's there is no movement for the singing section. Don't think there was ever going to be movement on that topic for next season

Keith_M
07-03-2019, 08:58 PM
As a matter of interest, does anyone know how they define a youth?

I could be wrong, but isn't it under 16?

CallumLaidlaw
07-03-2019, 09:05 PM
I could be wrong, but isn't it under 16?

13 to 17 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
07-03-2019, 09:59 PM
13 to 17 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starts at age 12.

GreenCastle
07-03-2019, 10:08 PM
So there have been just adult season ticket holders sitting in Famous Five Lower without kids ?

I’m not sure this will help the issue of empty seats for certain games.

I also don’t understand the logic of why we don’t open another family section elsewhere to allow more families to sit together?

Aim Here
07-03-2019, 10:51 PM
So there have been just adult season ticket holders sitting in Famous Five Lower without kids ?

I’m not sure this will help the issue of empty seats for certain games.

I also don’t understand the logic of why we don’t open another family section elsewhere to allow more families to sit together?

Getting unaccompanied adults out of the FF lower will help address the issue of high demand for the family section from actual families. If anything, it's likely to make it emptier on matchdays, but that's a different problem.

And designating another section as the family section will annoy those already there, who would prefer to stay in their seat and remain sweary and family-unfriendly. It's an option, but the default should be to not annoy folks if you have a way to fix a problem without annoying them - and it's obviously fairer to start by moving non-families from the already-existing family section first, who at least have plenty of warning.

J-C
08-03-2019, 07:27 AM
Tbh there's far too many younger kids in the East, 98% of this stand are adults with choice language, it's always been a sort of adult stand, so getting kids over to the FF is a good idea, totally family only.

Onceinawhile
08-03-2019, 08:16 AM

Or, buy an additional season ticket for £50 and keep your seat and leave that seat empty all season.

Keith_M
08-03-2019, 08:37 AM
Or, buy an additional season ticket for £50 and keep your seat and leave that seat empty all season.

You know there's a lot of stupid people out there, but I can't see many doing that 😏

mcfly
08-03-2019, 08:38 AM

Where are all these fans supposed to
Move to?

There are also the section 50 fans that will likely need to move.

understand what hibs are trying to do but they must run the risk of annoying fans who just don’t want to move and won’t renew.

Be interesting to see how many season tickets are sold prior to the freeing up of the seats in June

CapitalGreen
08-03-2019, 08:49 AM
Move to?

understand what hibs are trying to do but they must run the risk of annoying fans who just don’t want to move and won’t renew.

Be interesting to see how many season tickets are sold prior to the freeing up of the seats in June

Surely if you take advantage of the family pricing in the FF Lower, you do so in the knowledge that once you are no longer eligible for that pricing you move to another section. Pure selfishness to remain in that section at the expense of a family who could benefit from the more accessible pricing.

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2019, 09:06 AM
Surely if you take advantage of the family pricing in the FF Lower, you do so in the knowledge that once you are no longer eligible for that pricing you move to another section. Pure selfishness to remain in that section at the expense of a family who could benefit from the more accessible pricing.

Exactly, surely to god people don't expect to stay in the same seat when they become an adult in the family stand?

How do they expect the next generation of kids to attend?

Onceinawhile
08-03-2019, 09:37 AM
You know there's a lot of stupid people out there, but I can't see many doing that 😏

Why? Plenty people were apparently doing it for the £25 seats? If you can afford to chuck away £25, I don't see too much of a difference.

Aim Here
08-03-2019, 10:33 AM
Move to?

Season ticket sales will be down on last year anyways, so there's likely going to be plenty of options for FF Lower/Section 50 refugees, once the seat embargo ends.

It's also going to be hard to work out how much of the downturn in ST renewals will be due to pricing/seat movement issues, compared to the poorer product on the pitch, so that'll defuse some of the complaints.