PDA

View Full Version : Family season tickets

Hibbyradge
07-03-2019, 08:12 AM
No doubt the FF lower will be at least half empty again on Friday.

This must be a source of disappointment and frustration to the board, never mind the fans and it's stopping us from maximising our income potential.

Financially speaking, giving Rantic half the south stand while there are more than enough empty seats in our own ends is plainly stupid.

As is the unlikely situation in which Hibs fans can't get a ticket despite the ground not being full.

Surely it isn't beyond the wit of man to find a solution?

I haven't thought this through so there may be obvious flaws in the idea, but wouldn't it be a better arrangement to offer 2 tier family tickets?

One for Category B matches which would come with the guarantee that unoccupied seats would not be sold to unaccompanied adults, and a Cat A ticket without that promise?

That way, more adult seats would be available for the biggest games and, if necessary, seats could be returned to the club for exchange.

Would many parents who currently take their kids to Cat A games stop doing so if the stand wasn't family only?

CockneyRebel
07-03-2019, 08:33 AM
No doubt the FF lower will be at least half empty again on Friday.

This must be a source of disappointment and frustration to the board, never mind the fans and it's stopping us from maximising our income potential.

Financially speaking, giving Rantic half the south stand while there are more than enough empty seats in our own ends is plainly stupid.

As is the unlikely situation in which Hibs fans can't get a ticket despite the ground not being full.

Surely it isn't beyond the wit of man to find a solution?

I haven't thought this through so there may be obvious flaws in the idea, but wouldn't it be a better arrangement to offer 2 tier family tickets?

One for Category B matches which would come with the guarantee that unoccupied seats would not be sold to unaccompanied adults, and a Cat A ticket without that promise?

That way, more adult seats would be available for the biggest games and, if necessary, seats could be returned to the club for exchange.

Would many parents who currently take their kids to Cat A games stop doing so if the stand wasn't family only?

The club would only know that these seats were available if the holders informed them early enough to re-sell them. If the holders did not give prior notice then the club would have no time to sell them as they would not know until kick off if the seats were to be used for that game.

Hibbyradge
07-03-2019, 08:37 AM
The club would only know that these seats were available if the holders informed them early enough to re-sell them. If the holders did not give prior notice then the club would have no time to sell them as they would not know until kick off if the seats were to be used for that game.

True, but even that's better than we have now.

More importantly, however, is that there would be less Cat A family STs purchased so more seats would be available for adults, even without the exchange system.

To clarify, Cat A season tickets would be available, but the FF Lower for those games would not exclude unaccompanied adults.

Onceinawhile
07-03-2019, 08:39 AM
Well noticed. I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on this before.

Hibbyradge
07-03-2019, 08:40 AM
Well noticed. I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on this before.

Nice.

Has my suggestion been made previously?

leith_hibs
07-03-2019, 08:42 AM
Or,

Move the family season tickets to the Dunbar End, when there is a Cat A (Gunts, The Gers, Sheep, and Selick) game those with Family Season Tickets get first dibs on tickets anywhere else in the ground (could be an admin nightmare mind).

Move the singing section from upper tier to lower tier of the FF stand. If you were to move things around you could even start to push for safer standing in the lower FF.

Rocky
07-03-2019, 08:44 AM
I think it's a head scratcher for a number of reasons, not least because it's hard to relocate people to solve the problem due to limited availability of decent seats in the ground. It's interesting that there seems to be a substantial increase in prices in FF lower based on what people have seen in eticketing site. I wonder if the season ticket campaign might include a Cat B family offering in the South.

I do suspect that we'll see some attempt to solve the issue when the ST campaign is launched.

hibsforeurope
07-03-2019, 09:35 AM
It's a tough one to solve, having a cat A and B ticket might not work. Tickets are already highly discounted, child tickets certainly, that people can afford to buy a child's ticket knowing it won't make much difference if they miss a few games.

A solution might be that the discounted child's ticket can be bought for the season but the seat needs to be reserved on a game by game basis online. This way any unreserved seats can be resold should demand require. Warnings and sanctions could be issued to those reserving seats but not turning up.

Onceinawhile
07-03-2019, 09:51 AM
It's a tough one to solve, having a cat A and B ticket might not work. Tickets are already highly discounted, child tickets certainly, that people can afford to buy a child's ticket knowing it won't make much difference if they miss a few games.

A solution might be that the discounted child's ticket can be bought for the season but the seat needs to be reserved on a game by game basis online. This way any unreserved seats can be resold should demand require. Warnings and sanctions could be issued to those reserving seats but not turning up.

How do you police that given that the barcode scanners don't record accurate information? Or that someone could easily just take the season ticket with them and scan it without having someone in the seat.

hibsforeurope
07-03-2019, 10:00 AM
How do you police that given that the barcode scanners don't record accurate information? Or that someone could easily just take the season ticket with them and scan it without having someone in the seat.

If it works and the number of empty seats reduces repeat offenders leaving empty will be easily seen.

ian cruise
07-03-2019, 10:01 AM
Or,

Move the family season tickets to the Dunbar End, when there is a Cat A (Gunts, The Gers, Sheep, and Selick) game those with Family Season Tickets get first dibs on tickets anywhere else in the ground (could be an admin nightmare mind).

Move the singing section from upper tier to lower tier of the FF stand. If you were to move things around you could even start to push for safer standing in the lower FF.

I don't think it's a terrible idea. Family season tickets are Cat B only but a window before general release for family season ticket holders to buy Cat A tickets.

It's more admin but it has the potential to lead to a better experience for all in the ground. I'd more the family section from the FFL to corner in the West or East nearest to FFL. Appreciate this means some fans have to move which is no ideal but it's either that or we keep on with the status quo. Discounted season ticket if you're in that area and have to move to accommodate. Added benefit is that the lower at the corner is nice and accessible for players and management after the game if they want to interact (photos, etc) with any of the younger fans.

Onceinawhile
07-03-2019, 10:45 AM
Or,

Where do you put away fans at a category b game?

Steven79
07-03-2019, 10:49 AM

At the other side of the south where they are now?

leith_hibs
07-03-2019, 10:59 AM

Same place. The only teams outwith the afore mentioned teams that could potentially bring more than 500 would be Killie, Dundee, Motherwell. Even then they could open up the upper tier for them above those away fans occupying the lower.

We’re currently doing it just now with no problems and done it with the 1900 The Rangers fans when they were in town.

Ringothedog
07-03-2019, 11:12 AM
How about doing something radical like leaving it as it is. There is absolutely no reason to change our family section. I would enhance it by having £5 tickets for under 12’s to buy as PATG and Parent and child ticket being made available for £25.Make the FFL a real family section