PDA

View Full Version : Team for friday

houstonhibbee
06-03-2019, 11:29 PM
Anyone coming back from injury and in contention for a starting place or same again after Celtic game?

CMurdoch
06-03-2019, 11:39 PM
Anyone coming back from injury and in contention for a starting place or same again after Celtic game?

Slivka suspended

The 90+2
06-03-2019, 11:47 PM
Mallan for Slivka. Drop Milligan too as the game will be too fast for him.

Inconsequential
06-03-2019, 11:48 PM
Ivan Sproule must start! :greengrin

CMurdoch
06-03-2019, 11:53 PM
Mallan for Slivka. Drop Milligan too as the game will be too fast for him.

Dropping Milligan would leave Omeonga as the only midfield player that can pass the ball!
Milligan is the outball for the defenders especially hoof McGregor.

DetroitHibs
07-03-2019, 03:56 AM
How bad must Bigiriama be to not get a sniff?

Hibeesmad
07-03-2019, 04:50 AM

Would like to have seen more of him, not even a sub appearance so far under PH

Robbo6-2
07-03-2019, 05:51 AM

Rember a time when some posters me included actually questioned this horrific signing but were jumped on by the happy clappers.
How dare you question the signing of a guy who couldn't get a game for Motherwell and shock horror is the same for hibs

MacGruber
07-03-2019, 05:58 AM
Rember a time when some posters me included actually questioned this horrific signing but were jumped on by the happy clappers.
How dare you question the signing of a guy who couldn't get a game for Motherwell and shock horror is the same for hibs

I questioned his signing. Then in his only appearance in a Hibs shirt against Aberdeen he came on and improved the team and played very well. After that I've been wanting to see more of him.
Actually, with Slivka suspended I would put him in. Mallan doesn't have the athletathism for this game - though I like the other attributes he has.

flash
07-03-2019, 06:01 AM
Dropping Milligan would leave Omeonga as the only midfield player that can pass the ball!
Hoof McGregor? That's nice.

MacGruber
07-03-2019, 06:04 AM
Marciano
Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson
Milligan
Birgiama
Omeonga
Horgan
McNulty
Kamberi

If Johnson is fit I would be tempted to put him in. Looked big, quick, strong and aggressive in his fleeting appearance, things our ageing backline could use especially against a livewire The Rangers

JimBHibees
07-03-2019, 06:51 AM
Marciano
Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson
Milligan
Birgiama
Omeonga
Horgan
McNulty
Kamberi

If Johnson is fit I would be tempted to put him in. Looked big, quick, strong and aggressive in his fleeting appearance, things our ageing backline could use especially against a livewire The Rangers

How small is that midfield. Would maybe put Mackie wide left in a 4 and Omeonga in the middle with Milligan as think he is a more natural central player.

B.H.F.C
07-03-2019, 06:52 AM
Horgan has to be back on the left to get at Tavernier.

DetroitHibs
07-03-2019, 06:57 AM
I wouldn’t use Milligan against the Huns. Gets torn up for arse paper against a team with pace.

we are hibs
07-03-2019, 07:20 AM

I highly doubt we would miss Milligan and his basic 5 yard passes side to side and backwards.

we are hibs
07-03-2019, 07:23 AM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Omeonga
Mallan
Mackie

Horgan

Kamberi
Mcnulty

Mackie proved he can play in there against Celtic in December so why not give him another go? Certainly not scared to put a foot in and has a good cross on him if he gets out wide. Milligan is terrible at defending set pieces and should be dropped before he gives away a penalty/loses his man for a goal.

happiehibbie
07-03-2019, 07:36 AM

Its very true though

Diclonius
07-03-2019, 07:46 AM

It's a shame because I thought he looked very good when he came on against Aberdeen.

K.Marx
07-03-2019, 08:11 AM
Dont think the team will change much. Mallan for Slivka personnel wise. Not sure if Mallan will play on the right or Omeonga.

Hopefully the currant buns have an off night because they’re pretty formidable when firing on all cylinders.

Callum_62
07-03-2019, 08:23 AM

He could get a game for motherwell though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
07-03-2019, 09:26 AM
Marciano
Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson
Milligan
Birgiama
Omeonga
Horgan
McNulty
Kamberi

This is my team.

Birgirama was motm against Rangers earlier this season.

pacoluna
07-03-2019, 09:43 AM

Been our best defender since efe left.

SChibs
07-03-2019, 09:45 AM
Been our best defender since everyone left.

He's been decent at defending but his distribution isn't great

flash
07-03-2019, 10:04 AM
Its very true though

What is? That he is a proper defender who clears his lines?

pacoluna
07-03-2019, 10:09 AM
He's been decent at defending but his distribution isn't great

Hanlon has seemed to have lost both qualities since coming back from injury.

leith_hibs
07-03-2019, 10:16 AM
Hecks won’t change from 442

So i’d have;

Bogdan if fit however, Ofir

Back 4 of Stevenson, Johnson, Hanlon, Gray

Middle 4 Mackie, Milligan, Omeonga, Horgan,

Up top, McNulty and Flo

However, The Rangers will play 4231 and Gerrard won’t change away from this formation away from home.

So i’d Personally set up as;

Bogdan if fit.

Back three of McGregor, Hanlon and Johnson

Wing backs of Mackie and Gray

Midfield 3 Milligan (holding) and Omeonga and Mallan

Up top; McNulty and Flo.

Depending how the game pans out I would change formation to 433 with Horgan replacing one of the centre backs.

04Sauzee
07-03-2019, 11:00 AM
Hecks won’t change from 442

So i’d have;

Bogdan if fit however, Ofir

Back 4 of Stevenson, Johnson, Hanlon, Gray

Middle 4 Mackie, Milligan, Omeonga, Horgan,

Up top, McNulty and Flo

However, The Rangers will play 4231 and Gerrard won’t change away from this formation away from home.

So i’d Personally set up as;

Bogdan if fit.

Back three of McGregor, Hanlon and Johnson

Wing backs of Mackie and Gray

Midfield 3 Milligan (holding) and Omeonga and Mallan

Up top; McNulty and Flo.

Depending how the game pans out I would change formation to 433 with Horgan replacing one of the centre backs.

Not even sure where Johnson is? Hasn't played reserve football, hasn't been on the bench and his suspension has been served

CMurdoch
07-03-2019, 11:00 AM

Been our best defender since efe left.

What is? That he is a proper defender who clears his lines?

McGregor is a brilliant defender with both feet and head but like Bartley hates having the ball at his feet.
The point i was making was that Milligan provides him with a short out ball to save him from trying to do something he isn't comfortable with or simply hoofing it.

If Darren was good on the ball he would have been worth a fortune.

CMurdoch
07-03-2019, 11:01 AM
Not even sure where Johnson is? Hasn't played reserve football, hasn't been on the bench and his suspension has been served

Been injured i believe

sean04
07-03-2019, 11:18 AM
Need to play a left winger to get at tavenier. We've had a lot of joy down the left against him

Unseen work
07-03-2019, 11:55 AM
................Marciano...........

Gray....McGregor.....Hanlon....Stevenson...

Horgan....Milligan...Omeonga....Mackie....

..............McNulty....Kamberi......

Mackie will be good at pressing and doubling up on Tavernier and has the ability to pick a passs when he gets in the final third

hibbyfraelibby
07-03-2019, 05:40 PM
Rachel Small is on the front cover of the Hibee this week. Is she about to make a first team appearance?

erin go bragh
07-03-2019, 09:12 PM
Rocky

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Oremego
Mallan
Birgiana
Horgan

McNulty
Kamberi

Inconsequential
07-03-2019, 11:20 PM
Rocky

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Oremego
Mallan
Birgiana
Horgan

McNulty
Kamberi That's the team I would put in except for Mallanino and Horgani….:rolleyes:

badabing67
07-03-2019, 11:55 PM
That's the team I would put in except for Mallanino and Horgani….:rolleyes:

Yip would like to see that one. Though does anyone know what's happening with Darnell Johnson has he go back to Brenda or what !!!!.

hibbydog
08-03-2019, 05:47 AM
I’m not sure we have anyone to counter Morelos.

At the last game at ER he was getting in front of our defenders and pushing them all over the place. We were lucky he wasn’t wearing his shooting boots that night.

I can only hope we wind him up and he gets sent for an early bath

GoalsMcGinley
08-03-2019, 06:43 AM
Heard from a few of the younger guys in and around the 1st team the Bigi (as they call him) is one of the best technical players in the squad. Good with the ball, can spot a pass and loves a tackle. Can’t get a sniff tho which is weird.

Is it just hecky being loyal to the guys who have won 3 in 3 in the league since he came in maybe? I’d be tempted to play him instead of Milligan simply for his energy and legs. Milligan has been decent lately but isn’t the quickest.

Smartie
08-03-2019, 06:56 AM
Heard from a few of the younger guys in and around the 1st team the Bigi (as they call him) is one of the best technical players in the squad. Good with the ball, can spot a pass and loves a tackle. Can’t get a sniff tho which is weird.

Is it just hecky being loyal to the guys who have won 3 in 3 in the league since he came in maybe? I’d be tempted to play him instead of Milligan simply for his energy and legs. Milligan has been decent lately but isn’t the quickest.

The players in the team have been playing well and winning games. Our best run of results this season coincided with us having our most settled team this season.

I'd like to see him get a chance to show what he can do before the season is out, and I'd be bringing him in for Slivka tonight.

bingo70
08-03-2019, 07:03 AM
The players in the team have been playing well and winning games. Our best run of results this season coincided with us having our most settled team this season.

I'd like to see him get a chance to show what he can do before the season is out, and I'd be bringing him in for Slivka tonight.

Exactly, there’s been a couple of posts saying it’s stramge he can’t even get a sniff or the fact he’s not been playing is some indication he’s not up to it. I don’t get that though, up until Saturday we’ve just kept a winning side together, nothing strange about that at all.

I saw him play against The Rangers for Motherwell earlier in the season and he was superb, remember thinking he couldn’t play like that every week or he’d be getting linked with bigger clubs. Never heard his name mentioned again after that until he signed for us.

ian cruise
08-03-2019, 07:23 AM
..............Marciano...........

Gray....McGregor.....Hanlon....Stevenson..

Mallan....Bigi...Omeonga....Horgan ....

.......McNulty....Kamberi......

Need Horgan on the left firing in crosses, Mallan did well against Dundee on the right. Milligan was found wanting at Celtic so time to give Bigi a shot. Omeonga is first name on the teamsheet but I'd play him more central and encourage him to push forward.

Defence and forwards pick themselves, mainly due to lack of options unfortunately but I've got faith they can get the job done.

2 nil Hibs. Kamberi first half, McNulty second.

Zazu62
08-03-2019, 07:44 AM
Give Bigi a start Hecky

crash
08-03-2019, 08:34 AM
Give Bigi a start Hecky

Had a great debut v Aberdeen,then never had a chance since, hope he gets a run tonight.

JDHibs
08-03-2019, 08:37 AM
Rocky

Lewy
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

Omeonga
Mallan
Bigi
Horgan

McNulty
Kamberi

Leave defence as in as we pretty much have no better options.

With slivka suspended bring Mallan in, also brings a big goal threat. Bring Bigi in as he is more mobile than Milligan which will be vital tonight with Arfield/Kamara attacking from midfield.

Heck will probably leave Milligan in for his experience but i think that will be a mistake.

Smartie
08-03-2019, 09:07 AM
Rocky

Lewy
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

Omeonga
Mallan
Bigi
Horgan

McNulty
Kamberi

Leave defence as in as we pretty much have no better options.

With slivka suspended bring Mallan in, also brings a big goal threat. Bring Bigi in as he is more mobile than Milligan which will be vital tonight with Arfield/Kamara attacking from midfield.

Heck will probably leave Milligan in for his experience but i think that will be a mistake.

Milligan's played well since Heck came in, and was injured by the time he was done for Forrest's goal last week.

I wouldn't be rushing to drop him.

As has been said before on here, if he was 23 then nobody would be talking about his lack of pace as there has been little evidence of it I. A Hibs jersey.

FifeHibs
08-03-2019, 09:11 AM
Milligan's played well since Heck came in, and was injured by the time he was done for Forrest's goal last week.

As has been said before on here, if he was 23 then nobody would be talking about his lack of pace as there has been little evidence of it I. A Hibs jersey.

Milligan runs although he is wading through treacle.

Wee Effen Bee
08-03-2019, 10:31 AM
Rocky

Gray
Mac
Hanlon
Louie

Milligan

Omeonga
Birgirs
Mallan
Horgan

McNulty
Kambers

...and hope the officials forget to count the players😁 if they do,, Birgirs on the bench!

Diclonius
08-03-2019, 10:32 AM
Same team that started last week - just get in about them this time. They're good but not as good as Celtic.

oneone73
08-03-2019, 10:34 AM
Same team that started last week - just get in about them this time. They're good but not as good as Celtic.

Can't. No Slivka.

Smartie
08-03-2019, 11:06 AM
Milligan runs although he is wading through treacle.

He really doesn't.

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2019, 11:11 AM
Never thought I would ever say this but we are going to miss Slivka

Big loss!

bingo70
08-03-2019, 11:13 AM
He really doesn't.

It’s one of these myths that’s now become fact.

There’s nothing wrong with his pace, he’s not exactly what you’d call fast but i wouldn’t say he’s slow. His position is more about positioning play than being fast.

He’s probably got about exactly the same pace as Bartley.

eastcoasthibby
08-03-2019, 11:31 AM

Seen him a couple of times hard working,ikes to get on the ball and links things up well from what I saw. Also was constantly talking and trying to get those about him organised and motivated, for what its worth I liked what I saw, got about the park a lot and although not the biggest wwas.putting challenges in ..I would swap him for Slivka and leave the team as the same apart from that. I would go for him instead of Mallan cos Mallan just doesnt have the legs or work ethic that we will need tonight. I watched Mallan when he came on on Saturday and even with fresh legs he still let players run off him, didnt have a burst to get.to the ball, let players runaway from, I would have thpught he would have burst his backside when he came on but nope same limited ability to work hard defensively, so not for me tonight we need to be more mobile in midfield move the ball and take the game to them.whenever we can.

Smartie
08-03-2019, 12:12 PM
It’s one of these myths that’s now become fact.

There’s nothing wrong with his pace, he’s not exactly what you’d call fast but i wouldn’t say he’s slow. His position is more about positioning play than being fast.

He’s probably got about exactly the same pace as Bartley.

So far I've seen him roasted for pace by Forrest at Parkhead in the kind of situation out wide that would see Forrest roast 99% of players in Scotland for pace, and beaten a bit too easily by Forrest at Easter Road when Milligan was injured and about to be substituted.

I suppose the only other time that I've noticed it (and would probably be a fair criticism) was when he beaten all ends up by Stewart for Killie out wide.

If you contrast that with the number of times he's showed ample pace to hold onto the ball in tight situations whilst he's waited for an option to show, then I totally agree that the Milligan pace thing is a myth.

RoxburghHibs
08-03-2019, 12:14 PM
Rocky

Gray
Mac
Hanlon
Louie

Milligan

Omeonga
Birgirs
Mallan
Horgan

McNulty
Kambers

...and hope the officials forget to count the players😁 if they do,, Birgirs on the bench!

Who is Birgirs never heard of him?

RoxburghHibs
08-03-2019, 12:18 PM
Who is Birgirs never heard of him?

Ah just realised you mean Bigirimana!!

:greengrin

Diclonius
08-03-2019, 01:37 PM
Can't. No Slivka.

Ah yeah. Bigirimana then.

JDHibs
08-03-2019, 02:11 PM

He has done well, but look at who we were playing. Changed when he went up against Celtic.

Milligan noticeable tired against Celtic and we paid the price, at his age, losing even a little pace due to fatigue is more noticeable. Bigi is more mobile all round, and i imagine fitter. Milligan will also be impacted by Mallans lack of pace/mobility compared to slivka who happily puts himself about.

For me i just feel that having 2 players mobile in centre midfield against their 3 would be better.

hibbydog
08-03-2019, 02:30 PM
We’re old and slow at the back and I fear we’ll be given the run around tonight.

I’d take a point

Tyler Durden
08-03-2019, 03:35 PM
I think we need to match up to Rangers so I’d go 4-2-3-1

Rocky

Gray
Lewis
Hanlon
McGregor

Milligan
Bigirimana

Horgan Omeonga Kamberi (on left)

McNulty

Easy to switch back if not working but we really need 3 midfielders in the centre tonight

Nevi_SOL
08-03-2019, 03:39 PM
I highly doubt we would miss Milligan and his basic 5 yard passes side to side and backwards.

People used to say the same about McGeouch. Just saying

bingo70
08-03-2019, 03:43 PM
We’re old and slow at the back and I fear we’ll be given the run around tonight.

I’d take a point

A point would be a great result.

They’re a significantly better side than us this season unfortunately.

Jones28
08-03-2019, 03:50 PM
I'd get someone to sit on Morelos when out of possession, snuff him right out.

pacoluna
08-03-2019, 03:57 PM

As long as the performance is forward thinking, exciting and attacking then regardless of the result I'll be happy. We should be going into the game with a similar attitude to previous encounters.

Here’s Lucy!
08-03-2019, 04:12 PM
Best chance we've got of making up any ground on Hearts this weekend, is us drawing tonight (I don't think we will win) and them doing another Dens Park bottle job. :greengrin

hibsbollah
08-03-2019, 04:17 PM

:agree:
I'd take a point. And I don't really have a problem with the manager setting out to frustrate, despite it clearly annoying some fans when we tried it against Celtc.

I'm gutted Im missing it tonight, is it on sky or bt?

B.H.F.C
08-03-2019, 04:20 PM
I'd take a point. And I don't really have a problem with the manager setting out to frustrate, despite it clearly annoying some fans when we tried it against Celtc.

It’s a problem if it doesn’t work. We aren’t strong enough defensively to do that kind of thing for 90 minutes. Our better players are the attacking ones and Rangers aren’t Celtic. We need to get after them.

R'Albin
08-03-2019, 04:27 PM
I think we need to match up to Rangers so I’d go 4-2-3-1

Rocky

Gray
Lewis
Hanlon
McGregor

Milligan
Bigirimana

Horgan Omeonga Kamberi (on left)

McNulty

Easy to switch back if not working but we really need 3 midfielders in the centre tonight

Agree completely with that and your team selection. I think it's important we have players out wide that work hard defensively. We struggled in the 0-0 home game as they were switching the play regularly and stretching our narrow diamond.

pacoluna
08-03-2019, 04:29 PM

I imagine it would annoy a lot, it isn't the Hibs way.

The_Horde
08-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Marcey-Arnold

Garry Macgruber Harrold Stephensson

Horrigan Maling Milligar Oregano

Cranberry Mcflurry

Here’s Lucy!
08-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Marcey-Arnold

Garry Macgruber Harrold Stephensson

Horrigan Maling Milligar Oregano

Cranberry Mcflurry

Subs. Hugh. Pugh, Barney, McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb.

One Day Soon
08-03-2019, 04:37 PM

Bloody stupid tactic in a home cup game against Celtic where if it had worked the most likely outcome would have been a replay away, much more sensible tactic in a home league game against Rangers where if it works the most likely outcome is a precious point.

However I still think we could take three from this if we set about them and go on the front foot. We're stronger attacking than defending.

Heisenberg
08-03-2019, 04:39 PM

I would prefer if the hibs way was picking up points every week. Kind of like Aberdeen seem to do every season.

pacoluna
08-03-2019, 04:46 PM
I would prefer if the hibs way was picking up points every week. Kind of like Aberdeen seem to do every season.

Out with their performancees against the old firm, try to replicate them ofcourse, however using Aberdeen as a gauge as to how we should take on the old firm absolutely not. Our record against both in recent past has been far better than Aberdeen's.

Inconsequential
08-03-2019, 05:02 PM
Subs. Hugh. Pugh, Barney, McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb. Grubb is serving a one match suspension I believe so isn't even on the bench. Newman to take his place.

hibsbollah
08-03-2019, 05:02 PM

Let's be honest, 'the Hibs way' has only been our style of play fleetingly. For every Mowbray there's been an Alex Miller.

hibsbollah
08-03-2019, 05:03 PM
Grubb is serving a one match suspension I believe so isn't even on the bench. Newman to take his place.

Dibble certainly puts in a power of unseen work in the engine room. Very like Brian Kerr in that respect.

pacoluna
08-03-2019, 05:07 PM
Let's be honest, 'the Hibs way' has only been our style of play fleetingly. For every Mowbray there's been an Alex Miller.

That's changed since LD has came in, hopefully it continues.

Here’s Lucy!
08-03-2019, 05:08 PM
Grubb is serving a one match suspension I believe so isn't even on the bench. Newman to take his place.

Personally, I would replace Grubb with A.N.Other.

Dibble certainly puts in a power of unseen work in the engine room. Very like Brian Kerr in that respect.

Aye, not only that, but Dibble can dribble with the best of them.

mutley
08-03-2019, 05:37 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190308/1a0b6078977df0d7ec48515698b300e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro