PDA

View Full Version : Is Tynecastle safe

Todi114
06-03-2019, 09:10 PM
The nine on BBC Scotland reporting that some teams have falsified ground capacities and safety certificates issued without inspections
who are they talking about?

Libby Hibby
06-03-2019, 09:12 PM
Tynie has to be one of the ones they are alluding too

Billy Whizz
06-03-2019, 09:21 PM
The nine on BBC Scotland reporting that some teams have falsified ground capacities and safety certificates issued without inspections

They said it wasn’t a Top flight team

Iggy Pope
06-03-2019, 09:23 PM
They said it wasn’t a Top flight team

There you are then. What more evidence do you need?

Billy Whizz
06-03-2019, 09:25 PM
There you are then. What more evidence do you need?

Ha ha, we don’t know when the report was done though, may have been when they were in the Championship

SouthMoroccoStu
06-03-2019, 09:25 PM
I'd add Central Park (Cowdenbeath) and Tannadice Park into the mix

Radium
06-03-2019, 09:30 PM

Thought the Nine report mentioned a local authority with one ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
06-03-2019, 09:40 PM
The report referenced when Rangers played in the 4th tier several times. I think the capacity issue will relate to a team from the lower league trying to cash in by squeezing a few extra fans in.

iwasthere1972
06-03-2019, 09:43 PM
The report referenced when Rangers played in the 4th tier several times. I think the capacity issue will relate to a team from the lower league trying to cash in by squeezing a few extra fans in.

Think that was Elgin City and they got fined.

Billy Whizz
06-03-2019, 09:45 PM
Think that was Elgin City and they got fined.

A few more league clubs put up extra seating, to squeeze a few more in Rangers supporters
Presume they did this without have a safety warrant

O'Rourke3
06-03-2019, 09:49 PM
A few more league clubs put up extra seating, to squeeze a few more in Rangers supporters
Presume they did this without have a safety warrantPossibly to offset the ones climbing over walls and fences to get in without paying.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
07-03-2019, 12:47 AM

It relates solely to Rangers away games on their journey from basement back to the top league.
Obviously the wee teams were trying to get some extra wedge as the new team were passing through.

Itsnoteasy
07-03-2019, 01:03 AM
It relates solely to Rangers away games on their journey from basement back to the top league.
Obviously the wee teams were trying to get some extra wedge as the new team were passing through.

Some clubs were selling extra tickets above the stadium capacity.
Also erecting temporary stands which weren't issued safety certificates from the local council.

CMurdoch
07-03-2019, 01:11 AM
Some clubs were selling extra tickets above the stadium capacity.
Also erecting temporary stands which weren't issued safety certificates from the local council.

Saw that in the Police report.
Temporary stands are never the best, especially when filled with bampots.

Stantons Angel
07-03-2019, 09:37 AM
IMO Tyncastle is an accident waiting to happen in that away end!

The crush outside that stadium is getting worse every time we go there. The police herd us up against the fences on that wee pavement and all it needs is a surge from behind and some of us will fall on top of each other.

Once your in you can NEVER find your seat, their numbering system seems different from any other stadium and the crush in the concourse is scary sometimes.

Then when you do get in to the actual seating area you cant move either, the whole of the walkway is full of people looking mystified trying to find their seats.

Climbing those stairs too is a task in its own. The stairs are that steep and it is so easy to fall on top of those sitting in front of you. The stairways cant have anything to hold on to to guide you up to the back areas or to steady your self coming down. I really dont know how they get a safety certificate as there are so many pitfalls around the place.

the policing too is a joke. There are fans arguing with each other pushing each other about and last time we visited there were 3 police men standind having a good old natter when people around me where pushing each other around making a nuicence of themselves.

I sometimes wonder how we are ever going to get out of that place alive should a real fire occur.!!

Renfrew_Hibby
07-03-2019, 09:54 AM

The crush outside that stadium is getting worse every time we go there. The police herd us up against the fences on that wee pavement and all it needs is a surge from behind and some of us will fall on top of each other.

Once your in you can NEVER find your seat, their numbering system seems different from any other stadium and the crush in the concourse is scary sometimes.

Then when you do get in to the actual seating area you cant move either, the whole of the walkway is full of people looking mystified trying to find their seats.

Climbing those stairs too is a task in its own. The stairs are that steep and it is so easy to fall on top of those sitting in front of you. The stairways cant have anything to hold on to to guide you up to the back areas or to steady your self coming down. I really dont know how they get a safety certificate as there are so many pitfalls around the place.

the policing too is a joke. There are fans arguing with each other pushing each other about and last time we visited there were 3 police men standind having a good old natter when people around me where pushing each other around making a nuicence of themselves.

I sometimes wonder how we are ever going to get out of that place alive should a real fire occur.!!

What I would say is that the away end at Tynie must be a quarter of a century old now and I can't remember hearing of any serious incidents in all that time.
Now I realise it maybe worse now getting in and out since the mega stand was constructed but all those years of derbies and old firm visits and nothing.

Still an absolute **** hole mind.

leitchalan
07-03-2019, 09:57 AM
You think Tynie is steep. What about Valencia Fchttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190307/1b9b143f3bae3a2bdc524d91f93094f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

greenginger
07-03-2019, 10:05 AM
How has there been no mention of all the failings in the Budge folly.

An application to Building Control was made last June for completion of phase 1 of the stand to allow use of seating , concourses, staircases and entrances. It has never been granted.

There was also building warrant applications made for the new club store and supporters bar. These warrants were never granted but the facilities are in regular use.

Also the exiting from the north of new stand combines with the exiting from the Roseburn stand giving rise to an obvious crushing problem at the exit gates. Exits are meant to widen on the route to safety, the combined exit stairs of the 2 stands are twice the gate width but nobody cares.

Since452
07-03-2019, 10:13 AM
Somerst Park was an eye opener when i was there for our cup game a few years back. Shrubbery growing through the holes in the toilet roof etc

leitchalan
07-03-2019, 10:15 AM
How has there been no mention of all the failings in the Budge folly.

An application to Building Control was made last June for completion of phase 1 of the stand to allow use of seating , concourses, staircases and entrances. It has never been granted.

There was also building warrant applications made for the new club store and supporters bar. These warrants were never granted but the facilities are in regular use.

Also the exiting from the north of new stand combines with the exiting from the Roseburn stand giving rise to an obvious crushing problem at the exit gates. Exits are meant to widen on the route to safety, the combined exit stairs of the 2 stands are twice the gate width but nobody cares.I can't get a drain test passed unless building control inspect & pass it.
How they have been let off the hook beats me.

Smartie
07-03-2019, 10:18 AM
What I would say is that the away end at Tynie must be a quarter of a century old now and I can't remember hearing of any serious incidents in all that time.
Now I realise it maybe worse now getting in and out since the mega stand was constructed but all those years of derbies and old firm visits and nothing.

Still an absolute **** hole mind.

Did somebody not tumble down the stairs, drop down over one of the vomitoria and do themselves a pretty serious injury?

I agree that some of the comments are over the top but having been outside that away end a good few times now, the potential for problems is massive. It's the only place I've ever been on time, in possession of a ticket for an all seated venue and been told the ground is full.

It can be very frustrating out there (to the point that it's contributed to me stopping going to games there) and only the good behaviour and co-operation of fans has stopped there ever being a bigger flashpoint.

There has been a lot of criticism of fans's behaviour this week, and rightly so. I don't think it would do any harm to wind them up a bit less.

GreenCastle
07-03-2019, 10:29 AM
Facts about Tynecastle..

1 - Smaller capacity than Easter Road
2 - Smaller pitch than ER plus smallest in league
3 - Sit in the Roseburn and the seat numbers are in the wrong order in some sections
4 - Steps are very slippery
5 - You get drips on your head sitting anywhere near front rows when it rains
6 - In the running for longest ever fit out for new changing rooms.
7 - exits are death traps - especially steps from Wheatfield
8 - They forgot to order seats once upon a time
9 - no one knows final cost of new main stand as it’s still not finished
10 - they are stuck with no room for expanding capacity - so basically £16 million plus which limits future improvements.

Renfrew_Hibby
07-03-2019, 10:31 AM
Could you imagine something like the Boca Juniors ground hosting an old firm match.
How there aren't deaths at every big match in that ground is beyond me.
Grounds in the UK are generally very safe, comfortable and well policed.

Crazyhorse
07-03-2019, 11:02 AM
Tynie has to be one of the ones they are alluding too

Budge and the supine press always refer to it as a 20k+ stadium even though the max capacity is circa 19,300 (most sentient yams I know say this and slightly annoyed about it). I would think though that the current actual capacity would appear on relevant safety/insurance documents? So I doubt this is about them.

CMurdoch
07-03-2019, 12:10 PM
You think Tynie is steep. What about Valencia Fchttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190307/1b9b143f3bae3a2bdc524d91f93094f1.jpg

Wow!.
That is steep.
Do they have seat belts?

leitchalan
07-03-2019, 12:11 PM
Wow!.
That is steep.
Do they have seat belts?You get strapped into a parachute before k.o.

bawheid
07-03-2019, 12:22 PM
Chris McLaughlin on sportsound last night was talking about a club that hadn’t had a safety certificate for 19 years. My first thought was Tynie, since we know our pals at ECC can’t wait to do them a favour. But apparently the club in question isn’t in the top flight.

McLaughlin was talking about one council and one club that hadn’t had the certificate. How many of Scotland’s 32 local authority areas only have one club? My powers of deduction lead me to suspect Alloa Athletic and Clackmannanshire Council being the guilty parties...

pollution
07-03-2019, 12:25 PM

Agreed. The way it was announced was a cheap shot pretending it included top teams.

The Times newspaper had stock photos of Rangers Aberdeen and Celtic fans.

Cheap journalism at its worse.

Aldo
07-03-2019, 12:27 PM

Not Central Park!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moulin Yarns
07-03-2019, 12:38 PM
Chris McLaughlin on sportsound last night was talking about a club that hadn’t had a safety certificate for 19 years. My first thought was Tynie, since we know our pals at ECC can’t wait to do them a favour. But apparently the club in question isn’t in the top flight.

McLaughlin was talking about one council and one club that hadn’t had the certificate. How many of Scotland’s 32 local authority areas only have one club? My powers of deduction lead me to suspect Alloa Athletic and Clackmannanshire Council being the guilty parties...

Moray Council only has Elgin City. Northumberland only has Berwick Rangers. Perth and Kinross council only has St Johnstone.

Renfrew_Hibby
07-03-2019, 02:08 PM
Moray Council only has Elgin City. Northumberland only has Berwick Rangers. Perth and Kinross council only has St Johnstone.

I'm thinking Elgin is the mystery club. I'm sure they did all manner of things to shoehorn as many orcs into their ground as was humanly possible when they hosted them.

Renfrew_Hibby
07-03-2019, 02:10 PM
Could perhaps be Aberdeenshire Council as I'm sure Peterhead also had temporary stands for the orcs also. Another one club one council area.
But I'm sticking with Elgin as I'm sure there were stories in the papers at the time of overcrowding or things happening.

G15 Hibs
07-03-2019, 02:13 PM
Could perhaps be Aberdeenshire Council as I'm sure Peterhead also had temporary stands for the orcs also. Another one club one council area.
But I'm sticking with Elgin as I'm sure there were stories in the papers at the time of overcrowding or things happening.

Not just stories in the papers but a game had to be postponed because they'd sold too many tickets

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20456791

emerald green
07-03-2019, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=Stantons Angel;5731537]IMO Tyncastle is an accident waiting to happen in that away end!

I sometimes wonder how we are ever going to get out of that place alive should a real fire occur.!![/QUOTE

Tynecastle has been an accident waiting to happen for decades, i.e. long before it became all seated. I recall one particular time being stuck and came close to being crushed in what we called "the black hole of Calcutta" which ran behind the terracing at what was the school end.

The_Exile
07-03-2019, 07:32 PM
Somerst Park was an eye opener when i was there for our cup game a few years back. Shrubbery growing through the holes in the toilet roof etc

One of my favourite grounds, love the place.

Phil MaGlass
07-03-2019, 07:37 PM

Mibbe someone should be asking the nine tae have a look at Tiny Tynie.

hibbyfraelibby
07-03-2019, 07:53 PM

Inverclyde/Greenock Morton per chance? Doubt its Clacks/Alloa as their wee stadium is quite tidy whilst Morton's ground is an absolute tip.

I discounted Berwick Rangers as they are outside Scotland and different laws apply.

calumhibee1
07-03-2019, 08:06 PM

The numbering system at Tynecastle seems different because it goes - 32, 33, blank, 47, blank, 35, blank, 2, blank, 46, 52.

When you are lucky enough to find a few seats with understandable numerical combinations they seem to go right to left I’m sure for some reason? And then they restart (but not always restart from 1 of course) in each section just to add to the confusion.

Besties Debut
07-03-2019, 09:19 PM
Who remembers the toilets in the old Gorgie Road end? They were a danger to your sinuses and soles of your trainers

G15 Hibs
07-03-2019, 09:46 PM
I mind the first game after they put the *****y wee seats into the Gorgie Road end - the Geebsie game - and there was folk who had tickets for seats that didn't exist.

dangermouse
08-03-2019, 03:39 PM
One of my favourite grounds, love the place.

First rate chips cheese & curry sauce from the wee van in the corner :greengrin

overdrive
08-03-2019, 04:33 PM
I mind the first game after they put the *****y wee seats into the Gorgie Road end - the Geebsie game - and there was folk who had tickets for seats that didn't exist.

That was the case at Hampden as well. I was sold a ticket for a seat that didn't exist at the Scottish Cup semi final in 2000/01. They assumed the aisle was a seat!

vuefrom1875
08-03-2019, 05:53 PM
Who remembers the toilets in the old Gorgie Road end? They were a danger to your sinuses and soles of your trainers

And there was nae roof!