PDA

View Full Version : Heckys pre game interview

Since452
06-03-2019, 05:39 PM
Interesting to hear when reviewing the players physical data from the Celtic game we were above our average for 65 mins then dropped off after the goal. Remember thinking during the game we were working very hard and pressing Celtic excellently. The wonder goal obviously knocked the lads. Great to have that kind of data avaliable. Unfortunately it shows where we are in terms of players avaliable. Squad is so thin at the moment.

Can't help but be impressed with the manager. Comes across very well. Quite optimistic about next season tbh.

green day
06-03-2019, 05:45 PM
Interesting to hear when reviewing the players physical data from the Celtic game we were above our average for 65 mins then dropped off after the goal. Remember thinking during the game we were working very hard and pressing Celtic excellently. The wonder goal obviously knocked the lads. Great to have that kind of data avaliable. Unfortunately it shows where we are in terms of players avaliable. Squad is so thin at the moment.

Can't help but be impressed with the manager. Comes across very well. Quite optimistic about next season tbh.

Aye, good interview - he seems to know what he wants and comes across very calm.

Like it so far

green day
06-03-2019, 05:51 PM
Lewie also confirmed in his one that they didnt used to use the gps stuff under the previous regime.

Usual nice interview with Lewis, hes such a nice guy !

Since452
06-03-2019, 07:06 PM
Lewie also confirmed in his one that they didnt used to use the gps stuff under the previous regime.

Usual nice interview with Lewis, hes such a nice guy !

Thats quite surprising!

matty_f
06-03-2019, 07:19 PM
I don't know why, if you've got the ability to get data like that, why you wouldn't use it.
Even if you thought your experience and eye for the game was enough, having the data to confirm or challenge your opinion would be hugely beneficial.
For coaching players, it must be an excellent tool to have at your disposal.

bingo70
06-03-2019, 07:22 PM
I don't know why, if you've got the ability to get data like that, why you wouldn't use it.
Even if you thought your experience and eye for the game was enough, having the data to confirm or challenge your opinion would be hugely beneficial.

Especially when it sounds like there’s a team of geeks in the background champing at the bit to do something with the data.

I’m not really one for stats and I think there’s a danger of reading too much into them but to completely ignore them seems a bit strange.

RyeSloan
06-03-2019, 07:25 PM

Does it not make a bit of a mockery of the claims we have made around our sports science etc.

I would have thought knowing how far, how many sprints etc. a player has made in the last game would be key to ensuring they had an effective recovery and training cycle prior to the next game.

Seems absolutely mental that we were not utilising this type of data previously.

B.H.F.C
06-03-2019, 07:25 PM
Especially when it sounds like there’s a team of geeks in the background champing at the bit to do something with the data.

I’m not really one for stats and I think there’s a danger of reading too much into them but to completely ignore them seems a bit strange.

Could be a factor in our horrendous injury run this year perhaps?

What I find strange about it is that, for all the talk of the structure, I thought that type of thing would just happen as a matter of course through the sports science folk. If Lennon didn’t want to pay any attention to it he didn’t need to, but I thought it would still happen anyway.

green day
06-03-2019, 07:29 PM
Does it not make a bit of a mockery of the claims we have made around our sports science etc.

I would have thought knowing how far, how many sprints etc. a player has made in the last game would be key to ensuring they had an effective recovery and training cycle prior to the next game.

Seems absolutely mental that we were not utilising this type of data previously.

Not sure you can necessarily criticise the sports science kit and people.

Looks to me like the new management team actually want to use all the tools available, whereas the previous regime didnt.....................

B.H.F.C
06-03-2019, 07:34 PM

Looks to me like the new management team actually want to use all the tools available, whereas the previous regime didnt.....................

I get what the other poster is getting at. We’ve heard a lot about the sports science stuff etc but it turns out we haven’t actually been measuring performance in that sense.

Glad Heckingbottom is planning to use it as we need to try and get any advantage we possibly can.

MyJo
06-03-2019, 07:35 PM

Given the effort and expense to put this kind of analysis structure in place over the last four years I very much doubt that “we” were choosing not to utilise the data for the first team.

There’s only really one reason that the entire academy structure would take advantage of this while the first team didn’t.

RyeSloan
06-03-2019, 07:49 PM

Yeah wasn’t really getting at the individuals.

But with all the chat we’ve had about the structures we have in place and the investment in such areas to then find out that our first team were not taking advantage of it to its fullest is kind of staggering.

Hibbyradge
06-03-2019, 07:58 PM
Given the effort and expense to put this kind of analysis structure in place over the last four years I very much doubt that “we” were choosing not to utilise the data for the first team.

There’s only really one reason that the entire academy structure would take advantage of this while the first team didn’t.

Correct.

pacoluna
06-03-2019, 08:33 PM
Our full backs probably come out on top when it comes to ground covered etc means hehaw though if your not doing anything particular productive when on the ball. Style of play and creativity when on the ball is what attracts me, not ground covered or gps stats. I would imagine the "physical data" results last team we played Celtic at ER would have been lower than Saturdays data results.

GreenCastle
06-03-2019, 08:44 PM
I commented about this in several posts after the Celtic game.

We used so much energy 1st half and 2nd half we just couldn’t maintain it and when first goal went in it psychologically dented us and our levels then dropped off.

I also don’t think we are fit enough and teams like Aberdeen are fitter - I used the example of Dundee using data this season when they changed manager and found that the past manager didn’t have the players at the levels Ross County were when McIntyre was there.

We need more of the McGinn type players who can make high intensity sprints and cover more ground. Average paced players will get found out against better teams unless they are very good on the ball - but at someone point you need runners around you.

greenpaper55
06-03-2019, 09:29 PM
I commented about this in several posts after the Celtic game.

We used so much energy 1st half and 2nd half we just couldn’t maintain it and when first goal went in it psychologically dented us and our levels then dropped off.

I also don’t think we are fit enough and teams like Aberdeen are fitter - I used the example of Dundee using data this season when they changed manager and found that the past manager didn’t have the players at the levels Ross County were when McIntyre was there.

We need more of the McGinn type players who can make high intensity sprints and cover more ground. Average paced players will get found out against better teams unless they are very good on the ball - but at someone point you need runners around you.

I agree, i think the athleticism of the team leaves a lot to be desired mainly due to the age of the defence and lack of physical drive from midfield. An example of what we have lost would be the likes of David Murphy when he was fully fit, i see our full backs every week not closing crosses out as they don't want to get to close to the opposition and getting skinned, some younger legs are definitely needed and i hope the manager has identified a few from hit time as manager in England.

3pm
06-03-2019, 09:42 PM

I am not sure Lennon ignored it. There was chat about it once, it might have been McGregor and Swanston at a St Pats branch meeting, saying that Lennon and the players would know if they were working hard enough so it was up to them if they wore it.

The_Horde
06-03-2019, 10:52 PM

Rubbish.

Lenny is a winner and winners don't need data. Heckingbottom out.

Deary me. Shambles.

BILLYHIBS
07-03-2019, 03:01 AM
Comes across very well but I wonder if he really gets HIBS and what we are all about?

At home we take the game to the opposition regardless of the opposition playing our own brand of fast exciting attacking football

I am not saying gung ho attack attack attack but it has certainly worked well for us in the not too distant past against Celtic Hearts Aberdeen and The Rangers

I am not convinced that we pressed Celtic as high up the pitch or closed them down nearly quick enough in the Cup game as compared to the 2-0 League game and we certainly did not tire after one hour in that game

We cannot afford to sit back and admire The Rangers players as if they are pop stars and give them any time on the ball and allow them to get into any sort of rythmn

If we do they will destroy us

It might be acceptable at Leeds United and Barnsley but not at Hibernian Football Club

Just saying like!

:dunno:

Gatecrasher
07-03-2019, 06:23 AM
Comes across very well but I wonder if he really gets HIBS and what we are all about?

At home we take the game to the opposition regardless of the opposition playing our own brand of fast exciting attacking football

I am not saying gung ho attack attack attack but it has certainly worked well for us in the not too distant past against Celtic Hearts Aberdeen and The Rangers

I am not convinced that we pressed Celtic as high up the pitch or closed them down nearly quick enough in the Cup game as compared to the 2-0 League game and we certainly did not tire after one hour in that game

We cannot afford to sit back and admire The Rangers players as if they are pop stars and give them any time on the ball and allow them to get into any sort of rythmn

It might be acceptable at Leeds United and Barnsley but not at Hibernian Football Club

Just saying like!

It will take a bit of time, he's very new to Scottish football and will learn what works and what doesn't.

madhatter
07-03-2019, 07:04 AM

Just saying like!

Did you see Stevenson have a decent head start and lose races with Burke? Stevenson was possibly our fastest defender against Celtic and he got destroyed in a foot race. A high press either leaves gaps in midfield or in behind the defence if you play a high line. Our midfield is currently the weakest part of the team and our defence are quite slow (compared to Celtic frontline) so couldn't see us approaching that game any different than the way we did.

Rangers are different. They have pace but none of their players are nearly as fast as Celtics and they play a different shape. Apart from possible fatigue, I see no reason why we cannot press Rangers.

We won't see a proper team until next season unfortunately. We are playing centre mids on the wings, Horgan is our only wide option and Hecky seems to like a 442 shape. I'm personally seeing promising signs, our team look far more organised defensively, if they can maintain that and pass the ball better we may have a chance of becoming successful.

Biggest problem against Celtic was, when players were tired from closing down the spaces, if we won the ball back, they should have slowed the game down and played safe passes for a while. We always seemed to want to counter when players were tired. There are times to counter, and times when you should just keep the ball.

we are hibs
07-03-2019, 07:19 AM
We can't afford to do anything other than take the game to Rangers. We aren't good enough at the back to sit back and hope to score from 1 or 2 attacks. We should show them absolutely no respect as they aren't good enough to deserve any.

BILLYHIBS
07-03-2019, 07:24 AM
T
Did you see Stevenson have a decent head start and lose races with Burke? Stevenson was possibly our fastest defender against Celtic and he got destroyed in a foot race. A high press either leaves gaps in midfield or in behind the defence if you play a high line. Our midfield is currently the weakest part of the team and our defence are quite slow (compared to Celtic frontline) so couldn't see us approaching that game any different than the way we did.

Rangers are different. They have pace but none of their players are nearly as fast as Celtics and they play a different shape. Apart from possible fatigue, I see no reason why we cannot press Rangers.

We won't see a proper team until next season unfortunately. We are playing centre mids on the wings, Horgan is our only wide option and Hecky seems to like a 442 shape. I'm personally seeing promising signs, our team look far more organised defensively, if they can maintain that and pass the ball better we may have a chance of becoming successful.

Biggest problem against Celtic was, when players were tired from closing down the spaces, if we won the ball back, they should have slowed the game down and played safe passes for a while. We always seemed to want to counter when players were tired. There are times to counter, and times when you should just keep the ball.

Agree with most of that

I was impressed with how quick Burke was for such a big guy apart from that he did not offer much

I honestly do not remember us “keeping” the ball for any period of time during the game

I do remember us sitting off Broony and him bossing the game while smoking a cigar and wearing a pair of slippers :cb

Lets see what happens tomorrow

As you quite rightly say he is new to the Scottish game and we need to cut him a bit of slack