PDA

View Full Version : ticket help for friday

andrewnyc
06-03-2019, 05:17 PM
Hi all,

I posted on here about a month ago about getting tickets for the match this friday. I'm visiting Edinburgh this weekend from New York. Unfortunately after calling the club, they said they would not bend the rule of needing an account for 12 months in order to get tickets for a high profile match. I am looking for some last minute advice on getting tickets. We land in Edinburgh on Friday morning. Should I go to the stadium and try to get the tickets there or will they still not sell to me? Is there any sort of Hibs spares twitter account? Does anyone have extra tickets that I could meet in Edinburgh and pick up? We are both students but would be happy to purchase adult tickets if it means getting to the game.

Thanks so much!
Andrew

Brooster
06-03-2019, 05:21 PM
Here we go again. We dont sell to Sevco fans I'm afraid.

andrewnyc
06-03-2019, 05:25 PM
Here we go again. We dont sell to Sevco fans I'm afraid.

yeah definitely a rangers fan. you'll be able to tell by my american accent. smh guy

Jones28
06-03-2019, 05:29 PM
If you post a picture of your flight ticket it might sway Hibs fans who have it in their head you're a rangers fan, sorry this is so necessary.

And if you're a rangers fan, haha

Rocky
06-03-2019, 05:33 PM
Hi all,

I posted on here about a month ago about getting tickets for the match this friday. I'm visiting Edinburgh this weekend from New York. Unfortunately after calling the club, they said they would not bend the rule of needing an account for 12 months in order to get tickets for a high profile match. I am looking for some last minute advice on getting tickets. We land in Edinburgh on Friday morning. Should I go to the stadium and try to get the tickets there or will they still not sell to me? Is there any sort of Hibs spares twitter account? Does anyone have extra tickets that I could meet in Edinburgh and pick up? We are both students but would be happy to purchase adult tickets if it means getting to the game.

Thanks so much!
Andrew

What did the ticket office say? I think it's a shame if we don't have a process in place to enable people visiting from other countries to buy tickets for Cat A matches that aren't sold out to folk on the database. It wouldn't be that hard to implement I wouldn't have thought - just have a condition that they need to show passport and flight details when collecting tickets in person from ticket office.

Here’s Lucy!
06-03-2019, 05:36 PM
Hi all,

Thanks so much!
Andrew

Which part of New York?

we are hibs
06-03-2019, 05:40 PM
No wonder people tend to avoid posting on here with the reaction they get. Embarrassing.

andrewnyc
06-03-2019, 05:40 PM
Which part of New York?

noho

andrewnyc
06-03-2019, 05:43 PM
If you post a picture of your flight ticket it might sway Hibs fans who have it in their head you're a rangers fan, sorry this is so necessary.

And if you're a rangers fan, haha

no problem. I understand the skepticism. here are my tickets

https://imgur.com/a/6L8JVKQ

https://imgur.com/a/7s8sdD6

andrewnyc
06-03-2019, 05:44 PM
What did the ticket office say? I think it's a shame if we don't have a process in place to enable people visiting from other countries to buy tickets for Cat A matches that aren't sold out to folk on the database. It wouldn't be that hard to implement I wouldn't have thought - just have a condition that they need to show passport and flight details when collecting tickets in person from ticket office.

yeah it's a shame. they didn't even ask for that. Just said they couldn't help me so I've been trying forums like this. Thanks for the concern!!

bigwheel
06-03-2019, 05:45 PM
Hi all,

Thanks so much!
Andrew

For security reasons at the game, unless you get a registered Hibs fan to buy you tickets, there will be no ability for you to get tickets on the day. I'm guessing that the your lack of Hibs chat prior to this trip is suggesting to people (rightly or wrongly) that you perhaps aren't a Hibs fan.

Diclonius
06-03-2019, 05:48 PM
Unfortunately with the recent escalation in crowd trouble in Scottish football it's even less likely you'll be able to get a ticket without being registered on the database - proof you're visiting from overseas really should be good enough but never mind. There may be someone on here who can buy a ticket on your behalf (or in one of the FB groups) if you ask around - otherwise you'll get tickets to the game v Motherwell next weekend no problem if you're staying for longer!

Rocky
06-03-2019, 05:55 PM
yeah it's a shame. they didn't even ask for that. Just said they couldn't help me so I've been trying forums like this. Thanks for the concern!!

It's actually not easy to help out as tickets need to be assigned to someone who is on the database. So you either need someone who's a season ticket holder to pass their season ticket on to a complete stranger, or someone who's on the database but not going to buy the ticket and falsely claim it's for themselves (which would also put them on the hook for any bad behaviour carried out by the occupant of the seats).

Here’s Lucy!
06-03-2019, 05:56 PM
downtown manhattan

Noho, as in North of Houston?

Lovely neighbourhood, to be honest.

andrewnyc
06-03-2019, 05:59 PM
Noho, as in North of Houston?

Lovely neighbourhood, to be honest.

haha yes! impressive neighborhood knowledge. You spend time in the city?

Here’s Lucy!
06-03-2019, 06:03 PM
haha yes! impressive neighborhood knowledge. You spend time in the city?

Been a few times.

Primarily to visit the Merchants House Museum.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2019, 06:05 PM
Give the boy a break, he has proved he's kosher.

Betty Boop
06-03-2019, 06:05 PM
No wonder people tend to avoid posting on here with the reaction they get. Embarrassing.

Exactly well out of order.

Alan62
06-03-2019, 06:08 PM
What Andrew's plight exposes, however, is that the club is missing out on revenue opportunities.

In recent years I've been to matches in Barcelona, Madrid, Berlin, Bodrum, Pula and Marbella. Next month, I'll be going to Malaga v Real Mallorca and bought tickets for my group of six no bother at all. Paid online, gave passport details for each person in the group and printed the tickets at home. Good tickets too for just €17 each.

If you go to Barcelona probably about 20% of the crowd is tourists. The shop's mobbed with them.

Edinburgh is an all year round tourist destination.

Surely it's not beyond the wit of Ticketmaster and the Club to come up with a working system that accommodates visitors who just want to take in a match - and possibly buy stuff from the shop.

One for the new fan rep to take up, perhaps.

Diclonius
06-03-2019, 06:10 PM
What Andrew's plight exposes, however, is that the club is missing out on revenue opportunities.

In recent years I've been to matches in Barcelona, Madrid, Berlin, Bodrum, Pula and Marbella. Next month, I'll be going to Malaga v Real Mallorca and bought tickets for my group of six no bother at all. Paid online, gave passport details for each person in the group and printed the tickets at home. Good tickets too for just €17 each.

If you go to Barcelona probably about 20% of the crowd is tourists. The shop's mobbed with them.

Surely it's not beyond the wit of Ticketmaster and the Club to come up with a working system that accommodates visitors who just want to take in a match - and possibly buy stuff from the shop.

Could be that the police are enforcing this policy rather than the club?

Juniper Greens
06-03-2019, 06:11 PM

Is it not police Scotland who set the rules.
We had the same going to Aston Villa v WBA a few weeks back. Had to buy tickets to another game that we had no intention of attending

Here’s Lucy!
06-03-2019, 06:12 PM

Good post Alan. :aok:

Just out of interest, what game did you see in Marbella?

Billy Whizz
06-03-2019, 06:13 PM

You’ll love Malaga, been quite a few times

bigwheel
06-03-2019, 06:13 PM
its mad isn't it...I'm sure, like me, many of us have enjoyed at times travelling to different countries watching some football...This guy, frankly Hibs fan or not fancies the game - as long as he is not a Rangers fan - then he should be able to get tickets for a match that isn't sold out...

Alan62
06-03-2019, 06:14 PM
Good post Alan. :aok:

Just out of interest, what game did you see in Marbella?

Saw a game against Atletico Sevilla back in August 2007.

HFC93
06-03-2019, 06:15 PM
The reaction of some posters to this guy is embarrassing. Tin foil hat stuff.

Diclonius
06-03-2019, 06:17 PM
The reaction of some posters to this guy is embarrassing. Tin foil hat stuff.

:agree: Complete joke. If a Rangers fan wanted to go he wouldn't need to resort to asking on an internet forum, he'd probably know a guy.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2019, 06:21 PM
:agree: Complete joke. If a Rangers fan wanted to go he wouldn't need to resort to asking on an internet forum, he'd probably know a guy.

Nor would they pretend to be an American flying in for the game!

Here’s Lucy!
06-03-2019, 06:23 PM
Saw a game against Atletico Sevilla back in August 2007.

:aok: Reason I asked was that I too have visited the Estadio Municipal, for a game versus Real Murcie (Murcia) and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

I've never known anyone else to have been there.

Hibs90
06-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Could be an American Hun :greengrin:stirrer:

CMurdoch
06-03-2019, 06:49 PM

He is flying into Glasgow right enough :wink:

hibbyfraelibby
06-03-2019, 07:31 PM
He is flying into Glasgow right enough :wink:

The tickets show Air Fungus via Dublin to Glasgow? Must be made of money. 3 flights a day direct to Edinburgh and one to Glasgow. Seems like a bit of a roundabout way to smuggle happy powder in to Leith😉🤔😁

Question...do you drink Buckie or Claret?

ian cruise
06-03-2019, 07:37 PM
The tickets show Air Fungus via Dublin to Glasgow? Must be made of money. 3 flights a day direct to Edinburgh and one to Glasgow. Seems like a bit of a roundabout way to smuggle happy powder in to Leith😉🤔😁

If I remember right the deal is Andre is visiting Dublin and during the trip having two days in Edinburgh.

We should have means for non UK fans to make games, even if it's last minute. Buying tickets online or on the day with proof of ID, travel and accommodation should cover the club should those visiting end up causing trouble. Unfortunately recent activity has shown we need to be taking extra measures to ensure both our own and away fans don't misbehave.

Hibby70
06-03-2019, 07:40 PM

Then he'd be an Americ-hun Idiot.

andrewnyc
06-03-2019, 07:50 PM

lol don't much feel the need to defend myself but if ya really care it was the cheapest way. Booked the trip a bit over a month ago a flight straight to edinburgh would've been over $500. Saved myself 250

Hedlund12
06-03-2019, 07:51 PM
Hi Andrew, I thought I'd read on the other thread that Tracey was going to message you?
Tracey is one of the Hibs Fans reps at the club? Tracey is exceptionally helpful ... if anyone is in a great position to help you Tracey is your (wo)man!!
Good luck and I hope you get tickets for the game.

andrewnyc
06-03-2019, 07:53 PM
Hi Andrew, I thought I'd read on the other thread that Tracey was going to message you?
Tracey is one of the Hibs Fans reps at the club? Tracey is exceptionally helpful ... if anyone is in a great position to help you Tracey is your (wo)man!!
Good luck and I hope you get tickets for the game.

I've luckily got it sorted. Tracey did contact the club on my behalf but they were unwilling to bend the rules :( Very excited for my first trip to Scotland and Easter Road!!

Hedlund12
06-03-2019, 07:58 PM
I've luckily got it sorted. Tracey did contact the club on my behalf but they were unwilling to bend the rules :( Very excited for my first trip to Scotland and Easter Road!!

Great news... I really hope you enjoy the game. If you are ever over again and you want to return to see Hibs. Pm me and I'll try my best to make sure you get tickets.

andrewnyc
06-03-2019, 08:23 PM
Great news... I really hope you enjoy the game. If you are ever over again and you want to return to see Hibs. Pm me and I'll try my best to make sure you get tickets.

thanks so much!!

CMurdoch
06-03-2019, 08:31 PM

Brilliant, enjoy the game Andrew.

leither17
06-03-2019, 08:51 PM
Make sure you put on your best Scottish accent as you go through the turnstiles

Jones28
06-03-2019, 09:11 PM
no problem. I understand the skepticism. here are my tickets

https://imgur.com/a/6L8JVKQ

https://imgur.com/a/7s8sdD6

There we go guys, anyone with two spares?

Hope you get some mate, sorry you've had to go to such lengths to prove you're worth.

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2019, 09:12 PM
There we go guys, anyone with two spares?

Hope you get some mate, sorry you've had to go to such lengths to prove you're worth.

He already said he is sorted.

Jones28
06-03-2019, 09:15 PM
He already said he is sorted.

👍🏻👍🏻

Iggy Pope
06-03-2019, 09:22 PM

I bought tickets to see a game in Italy, over the counter, at the Club shop in Pisa. All I needed was my passport. Be easy for any club to implement a system for visiting neutrals that doesn’t involve filling home areas with away fans.

Alan62
07-03-2019, 10:36 AM
:aok: Reason I asked was that I too have visited the Estadio Municipal, for a game versus Real Murcie (Murcia) and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

I've never known anyone else to have been there.

Yeah, we were staying a bit further down the coast and drove up to Marbella for the game. It's a nice wee stadium but the standard wasn't great. I still have a poster from the match which I've been meaning to get framed for years. Classic Spanish design - very much like a bullfighting poster.

Bristolhibby
07-03-2019, 10:59 AM
thanks so much!!

Yes enjoy the game. Next time if it’s not a Cat A game, but a ticket and get on the database. At least then you will have a client reference number.

My Dads cousins came over from Texas with one of their lads and went to the 3-2 game v Asteras Tripoli. What a game to see!

J

pollution
07-03-2019, 12:30 PM
On this theme there was a letter in the News last night from a foreign fan trying to get a ticket in Scotland for a tier 1 match.

He was flatly refused which made him wonder why there were so many empty seats etc etc. but he could not buy one.

Compared to European clubs we really are backwater stuff. It is embarrassing.

LancashireHibby
07-03-2019, 12:55 PM
On this theme there was a letter in the News last night from a foreign fan trying to get a ticket in Scotland for a tier 1 match.

He was flatly refused which made him wonder why there were so many empty seats etc etc. but he could not buy one.

Compared to European clubs we really are backwater stuff. It is embarrassing.
It's a common situation down here as well. Although I agree that there should be a system where exceptions can be made, the rules are there for a reason and in reality only apply to a certain percentage of games per season.

HFC93
07-03-2019, 01:22 PM
I bought tickets to see a game in Italy, over the counter, at the Club shop in Pisa. All I needed was my passport. Be easy for any club to implement a system for visiting neutrals that doesn’t involve filling home areas with away fans.

Yep, I went to an Italian game a few years ago. I was able to get a tourist ticket, had to show my passport and I think they took some basic details.

We need to introduce something similar. Hibs must be missing out with tourists looking to attend Cat A games.

mvteng
07-03-2019, 02:06 PM
Hibs must be missing out with tourists looking to attend Cat A games.

Agreed, just about every holiday/ city break we go on we try to take in a local game. In the last few years been to Man City,Milan, Spurs, Santander, Dortmund, Athens all with no problems at all getting tickets. Surely there must be loads of tourists coming to Edinburgh who would want to take a game in

Here’s Lucy!
07-03-2019, 02:42 PM

Enjoy the game and enjoy Edinburgh, Andrew.

:flag:

StirlingHibee
07-03-2019, 07:19 PM
In 2008 I turned up for a Toronto FC v Chicago Fire match in the MLS and they were happy to give me a ticket. You could have a beer in the ground too. Ground was nearly full with just under 20,000 fans. Was not a great game but I do remember not hearing a single profanity throughout the game.

TelaStella
07-03-2019, 07:31 PM
Different problem but still on topic of the thread. I usually take my grandad along to the games with me now. I got him a season ticket last season with me but due to his old age and sometimes bad health he was often unable to attend so this season we agreed we’d just use the pay at the gate method whenever he’s up for it. Never been an issue so far but had a look on the ticketing website tonight to purchase two print at home ones just as I always do but there’s no option other than adult tickets for £30 each? He’s over 65 and I myself am a student and therefore both qualify for concessions, again which I purchase every other week including for the cup game on Saturday. Can’t afford to fork out £60 especially when I shouldn’t be in the first place but I’ve had an extensive look on the website etc and no further information? Concession tickets and other options are all advertised by the club for tomorrow’s game but just aren’t there to be bought? Surely folk with kids in the same boat as me must be going nuts. I’m going to call the ticket office tomorrow morning to see if I can do it over the phone but I’m starting to get a bit anxious as it looks to be selling out pretty fast. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation or have been in the past? Cheers [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monktonharp
08-03-2019, 01:35 AM
I bought tickets to see a game in Italy, over the counter, at the Club shop in Pisa. All I needed was my passport. Be easy for any club to implement a system for visiting neutrals that doesn’t involve filling home areas with away fans.Pisa pish wiz it? looks like the yank never got tickets though if the club didnae bend the rules? his words (American) no mine?

CMurdoch
08-03-2019, 01:38 AM
Pisa pish wiz it? looks like the yank never got tickets though if the club didnae bend the rules? his words (American) no mine?

They managed to get tickets

Here’s Lucy!
08-03-2019, 04:56 PM
Pisa pish wiz it? looks like the yank never got tickets though if the club didnae bend the rules? his words (American) no mine?

:dunno:

tanfield
09-03-2019, 09:00 AM
Would be interesting what our American friend thought about last nights proceedings

CapitalGreen
09-03-2019, 09:06 AM
Would be interesting what our American friend thought about last nights proceedings

You’ll need wait until he gets out the cells on Monday morning.