PDA

View Full Version : Review of Football Policing in Scotland

Moulin Yarns
06-03-2019, 12:36 PM
The full report can be read here

http://www.scotland.police.uk/assets/pdf/174967/540054/Independent-Review-of-Football-Policing-in-Scotland?view=Standard

Famous Fiver
06-03-2019, 04:16 PM
Not read this report yet but I heard reported on the radio that a prominent Scottish football club has not had a valid safety certificate for 19 (nineteen) years!!!

If true I wonder which club that could be?

where'stheslope
06-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Having browsed the pages, it appears that the Scottish Police can only find pictures for the report from West Coast teams?
It is totally required that the police should be up grading their officers to know how best to contain and act if there is a problem.
But, everyone knows, any problems in games with the Old Firm they always stand back and talk about it later?
So, to my way of thinking its not just the SFA and SPFL that do nothing, its also the Police who just sit on their hands????

green day
06-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Whitewash by the police.

Stewards are utterly useless, and only there to fulfil stadium licencing obligations - and the away stewards that Celtic (for example) bring are only there so that Lawell et al can say "we are self policing" if challenged.

As for the Police?

I am afraid that they generally treat supporters as **** as a start point and have clearly lied about the timing of the crush at Parkhead (they said it started 10 mins pre match, effectively blaming fans, when their own match documentation and timeline state that the crush was concerning 20 minutes pre match) - not that they dont have form for this, they lied about Hillsborough as well.

It should also be noted that Chris McLaughlin - BBC was part of this review as part of the media panel. He didnt mention this as part of his reporting yesterday which I find odd.

The 90+2
06-03-2019, 04:39 PM
What a load of *****.

We all know he main problem and the police are part of it.

HibeeHibernian4
06-03-2019, 04:46 PM
An absolute whitewash from the biggest criminal gang in Scotland.

Radium
06-03-2019, 05:13 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190306/7986d248c3c2d6f26f52d594f1aa01f6.jpg

Curious how this would look in practice.

Report clearly highlights a postcode lottery regarding safety certificates and policing

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190306/a98620f16ba454f427dd3bd54e8254c9.jpg

... why was our SLO not involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
06-03-2019, 05:16 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190306/7986d248c3c2d6f26f52d594f1aa01f6.jpg

Curious how this would look in practice.

Report clearly highlights a postcode lottery regarding safety certificates and policing

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190306/a98620f16ba454f427dd3bd54e8254c9.jpg

... why was our SLO not involved?

Who is our SLO?

CMurdoch
06-03-2019, 05:38 PM
Not read this report yet but I heard reported on the radio that a prominent Scottish football club has not had a valid safety certificate for 19 (nineteen) years!!!

If true I wonder which club that could be?

Tried to find this by googling it.
Apparently Chris McLaughlin from the BBC was the person reporting this but conveniently didn't say which team.

Googling brought up a thread on Follow Follow where lots of dafties try to guess which team it is.
Following their teams fall out with the BBC over the above reporter they have a fun name for him.
Here is their thread title
Gollum claims one SPL club hasn’t had stadium security certificate in 19 years

Smartie
06-03-2019, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know if any "prominent" Scottish clubs have recently demolished a death trap main stand only to replace it with a new one fraught with early difficulties?

Radium
06-03-2019, 05:51 PM
Who is our SLO?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190306/1a008dd105d0f9792806e470a8593772.jpg

truehibernian
06-03-2019, 07:10 PM
Am I hearing BBC Scotland (and the police) correctly when they say they are aware of one club not having a valid safety certificate in place for the last 19 years ? And they don't want to name them ? :confused:

Surely after various tragedies at stadia around the UK and Europe you would absolutely name the said club if they have been utterly negligent in that sense ? What reassurance is that to fans of said anonymous club who may be attending this weekend for a game ?

And why not reveal the clubs who were altering documents and selling too many tickets thus putting fans safety and their lives (potentially) at risk ?

On the one hand the police and media come down hard on clubs who have misbehaving fans (rightly), yet they go all silent when they are sitting on information on certain clubs clearly flaunting regulations with no apparent regard for fans and public safety, are clearly lacking in safety provision, thus potentially increasing the risk and likelihood of disorder and danger to fans...........only in Scotland !!

Have to say having seen how Robbie and now Alan (and team) work at Easter Road closehand, Hibs always have safety of fans in mind - very professionally run on matchdays :aok:

CMurdoch
06-03-2019, 07:37 PM
Am I hearing BBC Scotland (and the police) correctly when they say they are aware of one club not having a valid safety certificate in place for the last 19 years ? And they don't want to name them ? :confused:

Surely after various tragedies at stadia around the UK and Europe you would absolutely name the said club if they have been utterly negligent in that sense ? What reassurance is that to fans of said anonymous club who may be attending this weekend for a game ?

And why not reveal the clubs who were altering documents and selling too many tickets thus putting fans safety and their lives (potentially) at risk ?

On the one hand the police and media come down hard on clubs who have misbehaving fans (rightly), yet they go all silent when they are sitting on information on certain clubs clearly flaunting regulations with no apparent regard for fans and public safety, are clearly lacking in safety provision, thus potentially increasing the risk and likelihood of disorder and danger to fans...........only in Scotland !!

Have to say having seen how Robbie and now Alan (and team) work at Easter Road closehand, Hibs always have safety of fans in mind - very professionally run on matchdays :aok:

Chris McLaughlin from the BBC was the person reporting this.
I think this is an attempt to get us all interested in the story and it will turn out to be a large gilding of a fairly crap story.
There is no mention of this issue in the Police report just concerns about non uniform procedures of different local authorities with regards to safety certificates.

truehibernian
06-03-2019, 07:46 PM
Only Chris McLaughlin from the BBC was the person reporting this.
I think this is a declaration to get us all interested in the story and it will turn out to be a large gilding of a fairly crap story.
There is no mention of this issue in the Police report

Yep, I've read the report and couldn't see that detail within it - if I was a fan taking my kids to said club this weekend though I'd want to know. The altering documents and ticket sales during The Rangers saga does not surprise me and that should have been highlighted by the police at that time and not waiting for a report years later...........proves football is corrupt and puts money before fans safety.

Radium
06-03-2019, 09:12 PM

I thought that it was information in another report, one by Safety Officers.

Suspect that it will come out fairly quickly as the media will ask the clubs and local authorities. If you have one you’re going to be quick to confirm. If you don’t the digging will start and the FOI applications will hit the local authorities

AltheHibby
07-03-2019, 08:18 AM
I looked over the road last night. They are desperate for it to be us. If they want to look at dodgy clubs in Edinburgh I have a mirror they can borrow.

ian cruise
07-03-2019, 08:26 AM
Does anyone know if any "prominent" Scottish clubs have recently demolished a death trap main stand only to replace it with a new one fraught with early difficulties?

I thought one of the main points of contention on here over the years was that the old stsnd did have a safety certificate when many believed it shouldn't have, and it was confirmed (possibly by green ginger) that the new stand did have one too even though the work wasn't complete?

Why are folk now convinced hearts don't have one when we're were so sure they had one erroneously before?