PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: LEEANN DEMPSTER: SUPPORTER CONDUCT

RSS Bot
05-03-2019, 05:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9775)

Jones28
05-03-2019, 05:33 PM
So whoever threw the bottle has now cost the club thousands in new CCTV? ****ing idiot.

HFC_NYC
05-03-2019, 05:34 PM
“This incident, and the damage to our reputation, has led us to now invest further in upgrading our already modern CCTV set-up at no small cost.
“Clearly this is also money we would rather be spending on football."

....and there you have it. Well done to the buckie bottle weilding moron.

hibbysam
05-03-2019, 05:35 PM
So whoever threw the bottle has now cost the club thousands in new CCTV? ****ing idiot.

I’m afraid if our CCTV (modern or not) couldn’t pick the person out then I’d hazard a guess that it needed upgrading anyway. Idiot absolutely, however there shouldn’t ever be a time where idiotic behaviour can’t be picked up because our CCTV isn’t up to scratch.

Hibeesmad
05-03-2019, 05:36 PM

If the CCTV we currently have couldn’t identify the fan then it would have needed updating eventually anyway

Hibernia&Alba
05-03-2019, 05:36 PM
So current CCTV is unable to identify the person who threw the bottle and an upgrade is needed. Surprised by that.

Nakedmanoncrack
05-03-2019, 05:37 PM
If the CCTV we currently have couldn’t identify the fan then it would have needed updating eventually anyway

True, somebody should have lobbed something sooner & it would already be in place..

Hermit Crab
05-03-2019, 05:38 PM
Interesting to see that the smoke bomb tosser at Dens got caught and banned, maybe if the club made these things public on a more regular basis it would act as a deterrent to those who think acting like this is ok.

Just Alf
05-03-2019, 05:38 PM
Even top of the range cameras can't point everywhere at once, if somethings been missed then the only solution is to install more cameras to increase coverage at any one time.... Thanks muppet!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
05-03-2019, 05:39 PM
True, somebody should have lobbed something sooner & it would already be in place..

If something more severe was to happen and we didn’t have the right equipment in place to capture the culprits then that would have looked very bad on the club

hibbysam
05-03-2019, 05:41 PM
Interesting to see that the smoke bomb tosser at Dens got caught and banned, maybe if the club made these things public on a more regular basis it would act as a deterrent to those who think acting like this is ok.

Thing that bothered me more is it seems the stewards acting like utter morons and wading into a group just to take and snap a flagpole ‘because they could’ and act the big man (running back and forward with walky-talkies, shouting and screaming) has resulted in a few more bans also, won’t comment on a smoke bomb as the club obviously frowns upon it, but there wouldn’t have been anywhere near 3/4 bans had the stewards not acted like dicks that night.

Hibbyradge
05-03-2019, 05:57 PM
Thing that bothered me more is it seems the stewards acting like utter morons and wading into a group just to take and snap a flagpole ‘because they could’ and act the big man (running back and forward with walky-talkies, shouting and screaming) has resulted in a few more bans also, won’t comment on a smoke bomb as the club obviously frowns upon it, but there wouldn’t have been anywhere near 3/4 bans had the stewards not acted like dicks that night.

I doubt that they have the authority to snap a flagpole. That's someone's property.

Confiscate it if it's against the rules, but breaking it is out of order.

I hope a complaint was made.

However, twats that smuggle bottles and flares etc into the stadium should be banned.

If they throw them, they should be charged.

MWHIBBIES
05-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Thing that bothered me more is it seems the stewards acting like utter morons and wading into a group just to take and snap a flagpole ‘because they could’ and act the big man (running back and forward with walky-talkies, shouting and screaming) has resulted in a few more bans also, won’t comment on a smoke bomb as the club obviously frowns upon it, but there wouldn’t have been anywhere near 3/4 bans had the stewards not acted like dicks that night.It wasn't because they could, it was because having a flagpole is against the rules and has been for many years. Correct decision.

hibbysam
05-03-2019, 06:02 PM
It wasn't because they could, it was because having a flagpole is against the rules and has been for many years. Correct decision.

Flagpoles 1m or less aren’t against the rules, and never have been.

The 90+2
05-03-2019, 06:03 PM
Some Greek fullback somewhere is absolutely gutted at this news.

The 90+2
05-03-2019, 06:05 PM

Exactly. How do we expect to host big national games or more semis without the correct technology?

we are hibs
05-03-2019, 06:05 PM
It wasn't because they could, it was because having a flagpole is against the rules and has been for many years. Correct decision.

This is just nonsense. It's not against the rules at all. The singing sections wave big flags every game. Are they doing it with fresh air or a flag pole? Also lots of wee bairns with flags on flag poles every game at Easter road from the club shop.

hibbysam
05-03-2019, 06:07 PM
This is just nonsense. It's not against the rules at all. The singing sections wave big flags every game. Are they doing it with fresh air or a flag pole? Also lots of wee bairns with flags on flag poles every game at Easter road from the club shop.

The rule at every club in Scotland is the same, flags must be on poles 1m or less. Any of the large poles must be agreed in advance with the club. The flagpole removed was nowhere near 1m and removed by a ‘steward’ who thought he was the big man, swaggering down the stairs before wading in again 2 minutes later with his chronies.

Torto7
05-03-2019, 06:07 PM
Some Greek fullback somewhere is absolutely gutted at this news.

:greengrin

HibeeHibernian4
05-03-2019, 06:08 PM

Authority does not equal morality.

Certain stewards, particularly at away games, routinely act like jumped up ********s desperate to get cause hassle more than prevent it. Are they following the letter of the law? Probably. Are they behaving like twats while doing it and antagonising supporters further? Certainly.

Onion
05-03-2019, 06:17 PM
And the upshot is ... all Hibs fans are criminalised because of the actions of this one nutcase. We can all expect to be search more on entry to the grounds (incl ER) and treated as potential criminals by police and security staff.

Plenty Hibs fans would have seen who did this.

green day
05-03-2019, 06:18 PM
And the upshot is ... all Hibs fans are criminalised because of the actions of this one nutcase. We can all expect to be search more on entry to the grounds (incl ER) and treated as potential criminals by police and security staff.

Plenty Hibs fans would have seen who did this.

tbf, LD mentions that some have come forward in her statement.

MWHIBBIES
05-03-2019, 06:21 PM

I assume Hibs make special exception for that section because its only in that section, easily polieced and they know the information of everyone in it. That isn't the case at away games.

Ralphy C
05-03-2019, 06:22 PM
This, can understand the club dont want to highlight our troubles, but these idiots need something to make them think about the consequences.

hibbysam
05-03-2019, 06:27 PM
I assume Hibs make special exception for that section because its only in that section, easily polieced and they know the information of everyone in it. That isn't the case at away games.

The big flags are an exception. Flags 1m in height are not against any rules and never have been, at any Scottish ground.

Keith_M
05-03-2019, 06:30 PM
There's a big difference between waving a flag and throwing a bottle at somebody.

Sometimes the stewards are just being jobsworths, and need to show a bit of commonsense.

hibbysam
05-03-2019, 06:32 PM
There's a big difference between waving a flag and throwing a bottle at somebody.

Sometimes the stewards are just being jobsworths, and need to show a bit of commonsense.

Correct. They see a young group singing and automatically go into ‘authority’ mode and think they need dealt with robustly, causing absolute carnage.

overdrive
05-03-2019, 06:39 PM
Ignoring the assertion that the section wanted to move, I suspected at the time of the singing section move that it was partly to do with LD/Hibs getting fed up with the pyro in that general area of the East and incidents of fans running onto the pitch from that general area. Kind of “get them as far away from the pitch as possible” kind of thing. I assumed the club must have had some intelligence based on CCTV to think this. My suspicion is obviously at least partly wrong. I sit in the part of the section that is now the singing section but isn’t actually in the singing section (if that makes sense) and have seen no interest from the singing section to use pyro, the incidents originating from the general area of the old singing section seem to have continued (implying it wasn’t the main singing section guys in the first place), and now it seems the CCTV system is so rubbish it isn’t able to pick folk out anyway!

staunchhibby
05-03-2019, 06:41 PM
Why can they not use hand held metal detectors to frisky people with.

MWHIBBIES
05-03-2019, 06:42 PM
The big flags are an exception. Flags 1m in height are not against any rules and never have been, at any Scottish ground.Fair enough.

Hibs fans were definitely still being fannies away at Dundee though and I'm not surprised bans have been handed out.

overdrive
05-03-2019, 06:46 PM

Cost, mainly, I would imagine. It’s one thing for a concert where there are probably only one or two entrance points (stadium gigs excluded) but you’d need a scanner for pretty much every turnstile. Plus, it would take a lot of time once everyone had to explain their keys, etc.

Edit: would a glass bottle even be detected by a metal detector?

green day
05-03-2019, 06:48 PM

As someone with a metal hip who gets stopped and either frisked or scanned at every airport security - can I be the first to say "naw" to this one :greengrin

hibbysam
05-03-2019, 06:51 PM
Fair enough.

Hibs fans were definitely still being fannies away at Dundee though and I'm not surprised bans have been handed out.

They really weren’t, being seated 10 seats or so away from them, they all came in at once and did absolutely nothing until 2 minutes later the stewards waded in. Of course that’s going to annoy young lads enjoying their game, singing and waving flags. To then take a flag stick and snap it is only going to infuriate them more, to the point they chucked one out. It doesn’t surprise me that the one who let off a smoke bomb was caught and banned but to say they were being ‘fannies’ before the stewards acted the ********s, like they were even 30 mins before the game outside the stand (weird looking one with dodgy earrings etc) is way over the mark.

I’m glad this incident on Saturday, and any others that occurred, has resulted in us improving our security measures, however it shouldn’t have taken til this incident to realise that there was an issue with it.

mutley
05-03-2019, 06:55 PM

If you mean the type similar that used to be used in airports (sometimes still are)?

To scan everyone entering the stadium, and confirming every bleep (they can detect 1p sized metal to a depth of 2-3cm) then it would take approx 30 seconds to a minute to let someone through, as all metal zips/buttons etc will set it off.

We would need everyone to arrive about an hour before kick off to get everyone in, I’m sure you have seen security at a busy airport which has archway metal detector to speed things up, still take time to get people through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hibby70
05-03-2019, 06:59 PM
http://sh-meet.bigpixel.cn/?from=groupmessage&isappinstalled=0

Leeann is getting this installed.

Doh Rae Me
05-03-2019, 07:01 PM
http://sh-meet.bigpixel.cn/?from=groupmessage&isappinstalled=0

Leeann is getting this installed.

That's unreal

Hibbyradge
05-03-2019, 07:03 PM
That's unreal

That's because it isn't real. 😁

SquashedFrogg
05-03-2019, 07:04 PM
If something more severe was to happen and we didn’t have the right equipment in place to capture the culprits then that would have looked very bad on the club

I'm pretty sure the system we have complies with appropriate standards for a sporting venue of our type. If people can't behave it's hardly the clubs fault. Improving the system is a voluntary decision. They don't need to but genuinely want to try and erratic (as much as possible) irresponsible behaviour.

Club can only be commended as I see it.

Annoys me that contributions such as the recent one from .net end up directed towards the wrong purposes. Same as the muppets with their smoke bombs.

Lago
05-03-2019, 07:05 PM
So your not happy at the club frowning on smoke bombs, the inference is you support them.

BoomtownHibees
05-03-2019, 07:16 PM

The photo is 100% real. Leeann installing one at ER? That may be real or may not be 😉

Tinribs
05-03-2019, 07:21 PM

It is real, we just aren't buying one. We would need to sell the stadium to pay for it 😁

The Pointer
05-03-2019, 07:29 PM
In the video when the bottle is thrown, several, maybe 4 or 5, stewards and a couple of cops in the corner are looking into the east as if their attention is taken by someone or something happening. I find it hard to believe none of them could identify the individual(s) concerned.

Gmack7
05-03-2019, 07:37 PM

like a rival manager getting hit in the face by a coin thrown from a shiny new stand

Phil MaGlass
05-03-2019, 07:41 PM

Maybe someone needs tae lob an old hearing aid on the pitch, mibbe we will get a new tannoy system then

WestStandMoaner
05-03-2019, 07:56 PM
In the video when the bottle is thrown, several, maybe 4 or 5, stewards and a couple of cops in the corner are looking into the east as if their attention is taken by someone or something happening. I find it hard to believe none of them could identify the individual(s) concerned.

It s ok putting cctv in but with it comes with goverance, Hibs will need to make sure they declare they have the appropriate systems in place for storage of the data, who they plan to share the data with and how long they plan to keep any footage. To my knowledge I have never seen this information displayed at the ground or to my knowledge on the website. I am happy if someone knows differently.

I am all for catching idiots and no problem with cctv but I go to games to watch football, not to have a camera pointed in my face I just hope Hibs do not overreact to the number of cameras they install, the majority of us are well behaved and this needs to be taken into consideration when reviewing any security measure.

J-C
05-03-2019, 07:57 PM
As someone with a metal hip who gets stopped and either frisked or scanned at every airport security - can I be the first to say "naw" to this one :greengrin

Snap, I've got 2 and it's a pain when travelling, not the hips the hassle.

green day
05-03-2019, 08:05 PM
Snap, I've got 2 and it's a pain when travelling, not the hips the hassle.

We did a big trip recently involving about 12 separate flights. The worst was Seoul. For such a modern airport, their patdown system almost had my jeans off...,

hibbyfraelibby
05-03-2019, 08:12 PM
It s ok putting cctv in but with it comes with goverance, Hibs will need to make sure they declare they have the appropriate systems in place for storage of the data, who they plan to share the data with and how long they plan to keep any footage. To my knowledge I have never seen this information displayed at the ground or to my knowledge on the website. I am happy if someone knows differently.

I am all for catching idiots and no problem with cctv but I go to games to watch football, not to have a camera pointed in my face I just hope Hibs do not overreact to the number of cameras they install, the majority of us are well behaved and this needs to be taken into consideration when reviewing any security measure.

Its there in the Ground Rules posted all round the stadium.

Allant1981
05-03-2019, 08:33 PM

They dont need to declare how they store it or how long they store it, all they need to do is declare it's there and a contact number, which they do already

Hibbyradge
05-03-2019, 08:38 PM
They dont need to declare how they store it or how long they store it, all they need to do is declare it's there and a contact number, which they do already

The DPA dictates how long it can be kept for.

Gatecrasher
05-03-2019, 08:39 PM
I'm not really happy with the statement and action taken by hibs here, I dont think anyone would disagree that a bottle shouldn't have thrown but this feels like a bit of an over reaction. There has always been the odd incident of stupidity throughout a season, now that doesn't make it ok or anything but what is happening here is that we the well behaved fan is being punished in two fronts. One, we will have more security cameras pointed at our faces and two, the team we will be watching will have a lower budget as a result.

It's all fair and well coming out with these things but now I'm thinking is my season ticket money going to be used on the team or big brother?

I'm going to add a bit of whataboutery here and ask where the clubs strong stance has been when visiting supporters sing sectarian songs or vandalised the stadium? It's easy to target your own.

I don't expect everyone to agree with my post but that's how I felt when reading the statement.

Hibbyradge
05-03-2019, 08:46 PM
I'm not really happy with the statement and action taken by hibs here, I dont think anyone would disagree that a bottle shouldn't have thrown but this feels like a bit of an over reaction. There has always been the odd incident of stupidity throughout a season, now that doesn't make it ok or anything but what is happening here is that we the well behaved fan is being punished in two fronts. One, we will have more security cameras pointed at our faces and two, the team we will be watching will have a lower budget as a result.

It's all fair and well coming out with these things but now I'm thinking is my season ticket money going to be used on the team or big brother?

I'm going to add a bit of whataboutery here and ask where the clubs strong stance has been when visiting supporters sing sectarian songs or vandalised the stadium? It's easy to target your own.

I don't expect everyone to agree with my post but that's how I felt when reading the statement.

I don't want our fans throwing bottles at footballers who are doing their job in our stadium.

If they can't be trusted to act responsibly, then they'll have to be forced to behave.

If that means spending money on improved CCTV, then so be it. It's the a***hole fans who are to blame. Not the club.

05-03-2019, 08:47 PM
I'd imagine it will be something like this that's installed - doubt it will be cheap. :fuming:

https://www.dallmeier.com/fileadmin/user_upload/upload_dallmeier.com/PDFs/Downloads/Broschures/Panomera-Stadion_en.pdf

If it catches the next idiot (from any team) who wants to commit a crime inside a stadium maybe it's the price we have to pay.
I go to football to support my team. Not to get hit by someone trowing bottles, coins or fireworks/smokebombs.

Allant1981
05-03-2019, 08:49 PM
The DPA dictates how long it can be kept for.

Th club dont have to declare it on signage

Forza Fred
05-03-2019, 08:50 PM

Not sure that installing extra cameras is ‘punishment’?

Surely they don’t obstruct anyone’s view, and for the most part interfere zero in anybody watching the game.

It is a public event so hardly invades anyone’s privacy.

Get the bit about the cost but not the ‘cameras pointed at our faces’ jibe........go anywhere these days and it’s likely you’ll be picked up on CCTV ....

Radium
05-03-2019, 08:54 PM
https://fanpic.co/773-2017-w-1/

Aberdeen Semifinal photo shows the level of detail that is available in a still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Besties Debut
05-03-2019, 09:00 PM
Why can they not use hand held metal detectors to frisky people with. That’s ok if you want to get in the ground for the second half or turn up at lunchtime

Jones28
05-03-2019, 09:04 PM
I’m afraid if our CCTV (modern or not) couldn’t pick the person out then I’d hazard a guess that it needed upgrading anyway. Idiot absolutely, however there shouldn’t ever be a time where idiotic behaviour can’t be picked up because our CCTV isn’t up to scratch.

But if the stupid dick didn't throw a glass bottle at another person it would t have been a problem.

hibbysam
05-03-2019, 09:43 PM
So your not happy at the club frowning on smoke bombs, the inference is you support them.

I personally don’t have an issue with them, however like I said I understand why the club need to take a stance on that part. Not sure where at any point you are saying ‘I’m not happy at the club’ about their stance...

hibbysam
05-03-2019, 09:47 PM
But if the stupid dick didn't throw a glass bottle at another person it would t have been a problem.

There is always going to be a hint of bother in the stands and the potential for an incident. If it now means we are all safer in the stands and if an incident occurs then we are sure the culprit will now be caught then im all for it. All this incident has done is highlight that the club didn’t have the best possible safety equipment installed and as a result we will now have it.

McD
05-03-2019, 09:58 PM
Wonder if the bottle thrower and the coin thrower (if different people) will be complaining about not enough money invested in the squad.

im quite certain that heckingbottom would far rather have those funds available towards wages/transfer fees/technology to support the development and performance of the players.

what goes through someone’s mind to launch a glass bottle at someone who will not see it coming, who is just doing their job? It boggles the mind.

SquashedFrogg
05-03-2019, 10:01 PM
There is always going to be a hint of bother in the stands and the potential for an incident. If it now means we are all safer in the stands and if an incident occurs then we are sure the culprit will now be caught then im all for it. All this incident has done is highlight that the club didn’t have the best possible safety equipment installed and as a result we will now have it.

Utter waffle. All it has highlighted is that we have morons in our stands.

They had the appropriate level of equipment required to keep decent people safe. Not pick out fuds for criminal activities.

Man alive...

Antifa Hibs
05-03-2019, 10:04 PM
Suspect it will be something like this > https://youtu.be/quyT0K7gGqk

Not much hiding places.

Soon see if the board have the balls to use it on the huns or if they'll just turn a blind eye to them while increasing their allocation...

Brightside
05-03-2019, 10:06 PM
This is obviously an excuse for Petrie to take more money out the club. He probably arranged for the guy to throw the bottle.

Sir David Gray
05-03-2019, 10:06 PM

I agree with your point about the club's silence when it comes to other clubs. I feel the lack of any public statement on incidents involving our fans at other grounds in particular Tynecastle and Ibrox is extremely regrettable.

I get that we need to be seen to be getting our own house in order first of all but when our own fans and players and manager are being targetted by opposition fans I would expect our board to come out and highlight this.

I personally don't have a problem with extra CCTV being installed and if it helps weed out the nutjobs and keeps the majority safe then I'm all for it.

Hibbyradge
05-03-2019, 10:15 PM
This is obviously an excuse for Petrie to take more money out the club. He probably arranged for the guy to throw the bottle.

I heard he's a major shareholder in a CCTV and security firm. :agree:

green day
05-03-2019, 10:16 PM

It's the usual flow;

Fud throws bottle -> Hibs take action -> Board haters take a potshot at Hibs

Their tactics are almost as predictable as Lennons were in his last few months with us.......

Aim Here
05-03-2019, 10:18 PM
https://fanpic.co/773-2017-w-1/

Aberdeen Semifinal photo shows the level of detail that is available in a still

Yeah, but given that's some sort of stitched panorama technique (there's two Lewis Stevensons and two Efe Ambroses!) it's probably not good for video generally, and definitely would be problematic for courtroom evidence.

SquashedFrogg
05-03-2019, 10:19 PM

Sounds like you need to think first, then post.

The 'odd bit of stupidity' as you call it, could seriously injure someone. What if the bottle hadn't reached the pitch? Fell 10 yards short and in our stand? Would the 'well behaved fan' who got hit not be punished as they were carted off to hospital.

Astonishing. Criticising the club because people can't behave.

hibbysam
05-03-2019, 10:20 PM
Utter waffle. All it has highlighted is that we have morons in our stands.

They had the appropriate level of equipment required to keep decent people safe. Not pick out fuds for criminal activities.

Man alive...

There are morons in every walk of life. Otherwise we wouldn’t need CCTV at all. However, what’s the point in CCTV that doesn’t catch whoever is causing trouble? If it can’t catch someone clearly throwing a bottle then it’s not going to catch a sly incident in the stands, a theft, an assault.

SquashedFrogg
05-03-2019, 10:21 PM
It's the usual flow;

Their tactics are almost as predictable as Lennons were in his last few months with us.......

It's unbelievable. Even heard the remergance of the "not happy with the statement" phrase 😂

SquashedFrogg
05-03-2019, 10:25 PM
There are morons in every walk of life. Otherwise we wouldn’t need CCTV at all. However, what’s the point in CCTV that doesn’t catch whoever is causing trouble? If it can’t catch someone clearly throwing a bottle then it’s not going to catch a sly incident in the stands, a theft, an assault.

So rather than condemn the morons, your op focuses on an ineffective cctv system at the stadium?

I just don't get it.

Captain Trips
05-03-2019, 10:27 PM

Surely it was the tache himself lobbing one on.

SquashedFrogg
05-03-2019, 10:31 PM
Surely it was the tache himself lobbing one on.

There's an image I never expected to have before bed 😂

WestStandMoaner
05-03-2019, 10:33 PM

Actualiy they do, they must have a policy in place if they are storing the data and is it securely stored, if they intend to share the images with others and they must also make you aware how long the data will be stored and it should be deleted if it is no longer necessary to keep it.

there would have to be good reason why they would be allowed to keep images indefinitely

Nakedmanoncrack
05-03-2019, 10:33 PM
Maybe someone needs tae lob an old hearing aid on the pitch, mibbe we will get a new tannoy system then

😁

STB Hibs
05-03-2019, 10:35 PM
This isn't the first time. After L Craig scored the penalty to give Butcher's side a derby win, a full can was launched at stewards chasing a young Hibs fan off the pitch. That was a crazy night with pyro and fans on the pitch after all the goals. Mind the Jambo boy ran up to the east stand and was floored by a Hibby who sprinted 20 yards to deck him. Madness.

However, most young lads see cheating the booze ban as no worse than sneaking a half bottle into a wedding in an upmarket hotel.

#2 Double Tap
05-03-2019, 10:36 PM
It's unbelievable. Even heard the remergance of the "not happy with the statement" phrase 😂

the bottle thrower is responsible for us not signing enough or good enough players. that is the message the "not happy with the statement" people are seeing. rightly or wrongly, the choice of words left that impression for a few people i have spoken with.

but they aint happy clappers or paid by the board so I guess slating and attempting to ridicule their opinions and dislike of the board is fair game.

The 90+2
05-03-2019, 10:36 PM
Anyone else get the feeling LD is lining herself up for exit now?

SquashedFrogg
05-03-2019, 10:39 PM
the bottle thrower is responsible for us not signing enough or good enough players. that is the message the "not happy with the statement" people are seeing. rightly or wrongly, the choice of words left that impression for a few people i have spoken with.

but they aint happy clappers or paid by the board so I guess slating and attempting to ridicule their opinions and dislike of the board is fair game.

Is this a serious post?

Hiber-nation
05-03-2019, 10:41 PM

No.

The 90+2
05-03-2019, 10:43 PM
No.

Fair enough.

theonlywayisup
05-03-2019, 10:46 PM

No. Why would anyone post such rubbish?

Hermit Crab
05-03-2019, 10:50 PM

By condemning the actions of a mindless few and promising to take the appropriate action if they are caught and upgrading the stadiums cctv to help prevent trouble and identity troublemakers? Setting herself up for a pay rise more like!

CMurdoch
05-03-2019, 10:50 PM
If only one of the many fans near the area where the bottle was thrown from, had access to one of those new fangled phones with a camera on them :rolleyes: they could have taken a photo of the culprit at some point before the end of the match and forwarded it to the club/Police or if they had bigger balls they could have pointed the culprit out to a steward.

Never mind, our reputation is shot and we need to spend lots of money on more CCTV gear instead of using it on the team.

In all seriousness it is up to our fans to identify bampots in our support to the club. Fans give players a hard time for hiding on occasion but in this case the fans who saw this are the ones hiding if they saw this happening and did nothing.

We are speaking here about a glass bottle being thrown possibly from a great height towards the ground which if it had struck a player or fan would have caused a serious injury or in the worst case scenario death. This was not throwing coins or singing nasty songs this was serious ****.

STB Hibs
05-03-2019, 10:52 PM
No. Why would anyone post such rubbish?

The cup final bubble has well and truly burst. The feel good factor is as dead as the dodo. She hasn't endeared herself to many and her recent handling of a difficult situation left a lot to be desired.

She cant seriously be thinking, right now, that she's here for the foreseeable.

Sir David Gray
05-03-2019, 10:54 PM
If only one of the many fans near the area where the bottle was thrown from, had access to one of those new fangled phones with a camera on them :rolleyes: they could have taken a photo of the culprit at some point before the end of the match and forwarded it to the club/Police or if they had bigger balls they could have pointed the culprit out to a steward.

Never mind, our reputation is shot and we need to spend lots of money on more CCTV gear instead of using it on the team.

In all seriousness it is up to our fans to identify bampots in our support to the club. Fans give players a hard time for hiding on occasion but in this case the fans who saw this are the ones hiding if they saw this happening and did nothing.
We are speaking here about a glass bottle being thrown possibly from a great height towards the ground which if it had struck player or fan would have caused a serious injury or in the worse case scenario death. This is not throwing coins or singing nasty songs this was serious ****.

Leeann Dempster said in her statement that several fans had been in contact to help the club find this person.

SquashedFrogg
05-03-2019, 10:56 PM
The cup final bubble has well and truly burst. The feel good factor is as dead as the dodo. She hasn't endeared herself to many and her recent handling of a difficult situation left a lot to be desired.

Much the same as Budge I suppose? Predictable stuff.

Greenbeard
05-03-2019, 11:01 PM
Ignoring the assertion that the section wanted to move, I suspected at the time of the singing section move that it was partly to do with LD/Hibs getting fed up with the pyro in that general area of the East and incidents of fans running onto the pitch from that general area. Kind of “get them as far away from the pitch as possible” kind of thing. I assumed the club must have had some intelligence based on CCTV to think this. My suspicion is obviously at least partly wrong. I sit in the part of the section that is now the singing section but isn’t actually in the singing section (if that makes sense) and have seen no interest from the singing section to use pyro, the incidents originating from the general area of the old singing section seem to have continued (implying it wasn’t the main singing section guys in the first place), and now it seems the CCTV system is so rubbish it isn’t able to pick folk out anyway!
Nope.

CMurdoch
05-03-2019, 11:11 PM
Leeann Dempster said in her statement that several fans had been in contact to help the club find this person.

Yeah, saw that. Hope it is a photograph of the culprit or that the culprit is a season ticket holder and the several fans who contacted the club know roughly where this person sits.

CMurdoch
05-03-2019, 11:16 PM

Trolltastic with post number 2.

Away with you Patrick Fissal

wookie70
05-03-2019, 11:18 PM
Yeah, but given that's some sort of stitched panorama technique (there's two Lewis Stevensons and two Efe Ambroses!) it's probably not good for video generally, and definitely would be problematic for courtroom evidence.

It's also not great for night time games in stands that are unlit.

CMurdoch
05-03-2019, 11:21 PM

:greengrin:aok:

CMurdoch
05-03-2019, 11:23 PM

Who wants frisky fans? :wink:

Hibernianinc
05-03-2019, 11:24 PM

I totally disagree.

And it is "easy to target your own" as you get your own house in order first.

Some bevvied trumpet has shamed our club. And they're not the first this season either.

If you don't think you can watch a Hibs match without chucking glass bottles, aiming punches at players or shouting racist abuse, don't turn up.

You will not be missed.

Since452
06-03-2019, 06:14 AM
Definitely voting for Leeann as fan rep

Gatecrasher
06-03-2019, 06:48 AM
I totally disagree.

And it is "easy to target your own" as you get your own house in order first.

Some bevvied trumpet has shamed our club. And they're not the first this season either.

If you don't think you can watch a Hibs match without chucking glass bottles, aiming punches at players or shouting racist abuse, don't turn up.

You will not be missed.
You don't have to agree with me, Infact I didn't expect many to do so, however don't twist my words like that.

Allant1981
06-03-2019, 06:50 AM
Actualiy they do, they must have a policy in place if they are storing the data and is it securely stored, if they intend to share the images with others and they must also make you aware how long the data will be stored and it should be deleted if it is no longer necessary to keep it.

there would have to be good reason why they would be allowed to keep images indefinitely

That's very different to your original post though, I work in this area so I know the law, and there is no time limit for keeping footage, depending on the situation you may need to keep one lot of footage for longer than others, hence no time frame but as long as necessary

hibbysam
06-03-2019, 07:19 AM
So rather than condemn the morons, your op focuses on an ineffective cctv system at the stadium?

I just don't get it.

If you read my OP it was in reply to someone saying basically if the bottle wasn’t thrown we wouldn’t need to upgrade CCTV. My reply was that the CCTV obviously isn’t doing it’s job if it can’t catch said person.

I didn’t think I’d have to condemn the idiot as that’s just common sense. Hence why I’d like a sufficient monitoring system that catches these morons so they don’t get back to ER. As it stands this person will be back as we can’t catch him/her.

It’s really not rocket science.

Weststandwanab
06-03-2019, 07:41 AM
I'd imagine it will be something like this that's installed - doubt it will be cheap. :fuming:

https://www.dallmeier.com/fileadmin/user_upload/upload_dallmeier.com/PDFs/Downloads/Broschures/Panomera-Stadion_en.pdf

If it catches the next idiot (from any team) who wants to commit a crime inside a stadium maybe it's the price we have to pay.
I go to football to support my team. Not to get hit by someone trowing bottles, coins or fireworks/smokebombs.

Hibs had one of these cameras on loan for appraisal for several months in 2016.

It was installed in the upper FF and was pointed at the away stand.

It will have recorded everything.

Hibs were offered the camera at a discounted price but declined to take up the offer.

The camera was taken out and replaced with a non Panomera which will not be able to record everything.

Weststandwanab
06-03-2019, 07:45 AM

Not much hiding places.

Soon see if the board have the balls to use it on the huns or if they'll just turn a blind eye to them while increasing their allocation...

Hibs have had this on trial already and declined it then, maybe now they may have a different opinion

Weststandwanab
06-03-2019, 07:46 AM
That's very different to your original post though, I work in this area so I know the law, and there is no time limit for keeping footage, depending on the situation you may need to keep one lot of footage for longer than others, hence no time frame but as long as necessary

This is correct.

Beefster
06-03-2019, 07:49 AM

She’s CEO of the club, not a contestant in a reality TV show. If she was taking popularity into account when making decisions for the club, that would be a problem. I couldn’t care less if she’s hated by the vast majority of the support as long as she’s doing what she feels is best for the club.

Since452
06-03-2019, 08:19 AM
This isn't the first time. After L Craig scored the penalty to give Butcher's side a derby win, a full can was launched at stewards chasing a young Hibs fan off the pitch. That was a crazy night with pyro and fans on the pitch after all the goals. Mind the Jambo boy ran up to the east stand and was floored by a Hibby who sprinted 20 yards to deck him. Madness.

However, most young lads see cheating the booze ban as no worse than sneaking a half bottle into a wedding in an upmarket hotel.

The Hibs lad ran right past me. I was at the bottom of the east that day. Like you say it was a crazy night. One of those atmospheres where you just knew something was going to happen.

Alex Trager
06-03-2019, 08:23 AM
I don't want our fans throwing bottles at footballers who are doing their job in our stadium.

If they can't be trusted to act responsibly, then they'll have to be forced to behave.

If that means spending money on improved CCTV, then so be it. It's the a***hole fans who are to blame. Not the club.

[emoji122] Absolutely this.

These folk are not welcome at ER.

Alex Trager
06-03-2019, 08:25 AM
Wonder if the bottle thrower and the coin thrower (if different people) will be complaining about not enough money invested in the squad.

im quite certain that heckingbottom would far rather have those funds available towards wages/transfer fees/technology to support the development and performance of the players.

what goes through someone’s mind to launch a glass bottle at someone who will not see it coming, who is just doing their job? It boggles the mind.

Whilst in a crowd and not giving the target the option to respond.
Absolute cowards and filth that need rotted out.

Hibernianinc
06-03-2019, 08:26 AM
You don't have to agree with me, Infact I didn't expect many to do so, however don't twist my words like that.

Not twisting your words, just stating that those recent examples of unacceptable behaviour by our 'fans' should not be excused, and the club have a duty to address them.

Your ST money is already paying for policing, stewards and security. If our support cannot behave then attending matches under Orwellian conditions is a consequence, not one I'm happy about.

The old firm have their own responsibilities. The fact they shirk them at every turn is not Hibs issue to address.

jimbob07
06-03-2019, 08:50 AM

Yes of course Hibs are a global money making organisation & should have state of the art technology to identify the culprit Get a life. We scrape a modest profit if we have a great season. There is no culpability fryHibs just the Cretin who threw the bottle

worcesterhibby
06-03-2019, 09:12 AM

IF you are a Hibs supporter, then she is doing a much better job of being CEO than you are of being a supporter. I only hope she's around longer than you are.

Hibbyradge
06-03-2019, 09:21 AM
Hibs have had this on trial already and declined it then, maybe now they may have a different opinion

That's very impressive.

hibbysam
06-03-2019, 09:29 AM
Yes of course Hibs are a global money making organisation & should have state of the art technology to identify the culprit Get a life. We scrape a modest profit if we have a great season. There is no culpability fryHibs just the Cretin who threw the bottle

So we should remove the CCTV altogether to save money then as it doesn’t do its job anyway? This is as simple a case as it’ll ever be used for and it’s not worked. You don’t have to be a ‘global money making organisation’ to have sufficient CCTV to look after 20,000 people.

Carheenlea
06-03-2019, 09:50 AM
The Daily Record are taking great delight in all this. Hearts! Hibs! Dons! It’s a pity the sectarianism and bigotry of their beloved Old Firm is not met with the same robust outrage.

https://i.postimg.cc/ht9JbZ5W/C0-DCE3-C6-09-CA-4405-B53-E-96676573-CD44.jpg (https://postimg.cc/hXtPKsnp)

Wakeyhibee
06-03-2019, 10:20 AM
The Daily Record are taking great delight in all this. Hearts! Hibs! Dons! It’s a pity the sectarianism and bigotry of their beloved Old Firm is not met with the same robust outrage.

https://i.postimg.cc/ht9JbZ5W/C0-DCE3-C6-09-CA-4405-B53-E-96676573-CD44.jpg (https://postimg.cc/hXtPKsnp)

Unfortunately we're giving them the ammo. I agree though were is the balance??? 60 seats and 80 respectively surely that was not by just one OF fan who ran amok

The 90+2
06-03-2019, 10:30 AM

Nothing about Celtc or Rangers then? :confused: What about the seats being launched in the sheep end, the missile thrown from the celtc end? The flares? The filth they sign? The damaged seats? Are they not looking for they culprits too?

Captain Trips
06-03-2019, 10:58 AM
Where is thug 4 throwing a seat from sevco end into Aberdeen end?

worcesterhibby
06-03-2019, 11:00 AM

The newspaper is peddling it's crap to the old firm fans who buy it. Ignore.

The 90+2
06-03-2019, 11:24 AM

Or thug 5 who launched an object from the Celtc end?

Billy Whizz
06-03-2019, 11:31 AM
We must have a list of the potential suspects, don’t think we sold that many tickets in that section, as you need to be on the database for Cat A games.

JimBHibees
06-03-2019, 11:56 AM

That is laughable and not in a good way.

SideBurns
06-03-2019, 12:01 PM

It's not all bad news - the top of the page suggests Naismith could be out for the rest of the season 🙂

You can't change the bias in these newspapers; all you can do is not buy them. We've been let done by one idiot, but if the Record wants to involve itself in a '**** hunt' I can help them out - just turn up at Easter Road on Friday night and cast your eyes towards the South Stand. Job done.

proud_and_green
06-03-2019, 12:02 PM
Or thug 5 who launched an object from the Celtc end?Or the other 45000 thugs that sing the bigoted bile every week at ibrox and other grounds visited by representatives of the Huns. I agree absolutely the idiot who launched the bottle needs to be hammered but let's keep the pressure on all thuggery in football.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2019, 12:03 PM
I cant see why we don't call their bluff and accept strict liability? Yes we'd surely get done a few times, but i'm pretty sure our support would then start to weed out the troublemakers and sort it out by policing ourselves.

The bigots on the other hand.

eastcoasthibby
06-03-2019, 12:05 PM
His mates and/or those sitting beside the person(s) must all think he/they and what they did/do is ok and indeed probably a bit of a funny/hero given that they know about it and the person still hasnt been identified ..! Some of the folk who are with the idiots throwing coins, bottles, flares, etc are as culpable of costing our club money in cctv, probably increased security, fines for their antics, .....the message needs to get out loud and clear all this pathetic immature stuff needs to stop, as well as the bits of songs that are unacceptable that seem to be creeping in !!
If not being able to do these things at games means it makes some numbskulls matchday experience boring ...tough we dont need your support!!
If these kind of behaviours and antics stop, we will probably be able to pay the wages of an extra couple of players or increased wages, which could make whats on the park better and more exciting !!
Probably, this is all a waste of effort, cos these idiots dont have the interests of our club in mind, so why run of the mill fans dont report them beats me ...its not grassing its looking after our clubs interests !!! Rant over folks

The Harp Awakes
06-03-2019, 12:06 PM
I agree with your point about the club's silence when it comes to other clubs. I feel the lack of any public statement on incidents involving our fans at other grounds in particular Tynecastle and Ibrox is extremely regrettable.

I get that we need to be seen to be getting our own house in order first of all but when our own fans and players and manager are being targetted by opposition fans I would expect our board to come out and highlight this.

I personally don't have a problem with extra CCTV being installed and if it helps weed out the nutjobs and keeps the majority safe then I'm all for it.

100% agree with you. As much as I think LD is spot on with the statement and the way she is dealing with this matter, she and the Hibs Board have remained silent on the disgraceful behaviour of opposing fans in the past. In particular the sectarian abuse directed at Stubbs and Lennon at Ibrox in the years they were with us, was well out of order. Hibs said nothing publicly about their treatment, which to me is a deflection of responsibility.

It's the duty of any employer to support and defend their employees from verbal and physical attacks when going about their day to day job. Neil Lennon was subjected to the same abuse at Tynecastle this season and after the match called out the continual sectarian abuse he suffers; but again no public show of support from Hibs for their Head Coach.

In summary, it's great that Hibs are being vocal in dealing with offences committed by our own support but for God's sake get a backbone and defend your own and call out opposition fans for the same bad behaviour, which I would argue is more widespread at other clubs..

Radium
06-03-2019, 12:08 PM

Single camera taking multiple photos of a shallow bowl stadium that gives reasonable pictures of those in attendance gives an idea of technology.

As the only point of evidence it wouldn’t lead to a prosecution in Scotland. It might give someone at the club a starting point when following up incidents.

Don’t think the club will go for something like this but it’s a Hibs related example of how good an image is available from older technology.

Radium
06-03-2019, 12:10 PM

I think she is lining the club up to deal with fans who would be a problem under strict liability

Crazyhorse
06-03-2019, 12:21 PM

Stewards are in a lose lose position in many situations. I’m glad I don’t have to do such a crap job for such crap pay.

Crazyhorse
06-03-2019, 12:26 PM

I really don’t know how Celtc and The Rangers put up with all this behaviour from other fans.

hibbyfraelibby
06-03-2019, 12:31 PM
It's the usual flow;

You have to wonder if the complainers are not just the kind of people who would throw a glass bottle but now realise they more likely to be caught?

oldbutdim
06-03-2019, 12:33 PM
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/706C/production/_105908782_record.png

Is there two different front pages today?

So confusing.............
:confused:

JimBHibees
06-03-2019, 12:36 PM
I cant see why we don't call their bluff and accept strict liability? Yes we'd surely get done a few times, but i'm pretty sure our support would then start to weed out the troublemakers and sort it out by policing ourselves.

The bigots on the other hand.

Agree totally. The last vote was apparently 41 against 1 against it. Dont understand that at all and must assume some benefits must have been promised. The main spokesman against was bizarrely the Alloa CEO which was even more baffling. As you say if it came in fans would start to take responsibility and self police.

silverhibee
06-03-2019, 12:36 PM

CCTV won't stop these idiots throwing missiles.

Peevemor
06-03-2019, 12:37 PM

Not much hiding places.

One of my workmates has a son who is a gendarme. Just yesterday lunchtime he should me a video that his som made during a training session. It was filmed by a drone in the canteen and, honestly, it's like something from 'Person of Interest". Rectangles showed up around peoples heads with a wee reference number in the top corner of each. On top of that the program can recognise objects - chairs, tables, etc. and also what's on them - bottles, cans, glasses etc.

The system is still in it's infancy, but with the rate that technology is developing there'll soon be no hiding place.

The Green Goblin
06-03-2019, 12:39 PM

Are there two Andy Gorams?

silverhibee
06-03-2019, 12:42 PM

We are speaking here about a glass bottle being thrown possibly from a great height towards the ground which if it had struck a player or fan would have caused a serious injury or in the worst case scenario death. This was not throwing coins or singing nasty songs this was serious ****.

Fans have been helping the club identify the culprit.

overdrive
06-03-2019, 12:54 PM
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/706C/production/_105908782_record.png

Is there two different front pages today?

So confusing.............
:confused:

The other one was the back page.

ian cruise
06-03-2019, 01:12 PM
I think she is lining the club up to deal with fans who would be a problem under strict liability

That was my thought when I saw the statement. I'd guess the club feel strict liability is inevitable an is getting in front of it. Plus even if it's one moron throwing a bottle or a coin and no one was hurt this time, next time we might not be so lucky so that one morons actions have made this unavoidable.

Hopefully it will be used to highlight the behaviour of the away fans as well as catching our own bad apples.

The 90+2
06-03-2019, 01:14 PM
I’m gathering the object thrown from the South or the object throwing it wasn’t identified either?

oldbutdim
06-03-2019, 02:09 PM
The other one was the back page.

That explains it!
:doh:

Easy to see I don't read that 'newspaper'.
:greengrin

Also easy to see just how easily I get confused.
:aok:

J-C
06-03-2019, 02:14 PM
Anyone else head I'm no a Billy I'm a Tim loud and clear on Monday's cup game. I take it Partick have their section of bigots too.

Since452
06-03-2019, 02:16 PM

Keith Jackson spitting feathers about the Morelos one

cabbageandribs1875
06-03-2019, 02:30 PM
Anyone else head I'm no a Billy I'm a Tim loud and clear on Monday's cup game. I take it Partick have their section of bigots too.

i might not be 100% correct but do jags fans not sing 'i'm not a billy or a tim' :dunno: i'm quite sure they give grief to both the old firm fans when they play them

Keith_M
06-03-2019, 02:41 PM
i might not be 100% correct but do jags fans not sing 'i'm not a billy or a tim' :dunno: i'm quite sure they give grief to both the old firm fans when they play them

They do.

:agree:

As an aside, the way to reduce sectarianism* in Football to a negotiable level would be to close down both Celtc and The Rangers.

* I unashamedly include Celtc Fan's terrorist worship as Sectarianism (Oirish/Catholic/IRA vs TrueBrits/Proddy-stants/UVF). Anybody that want to be pedantic about the precise meaning of particular words is very welcome to stand in a corner with a dunce's hat on.

Betty Boop
06-03-2019, 02:44 PM
Keith Jackson spitting feathers about the Morelos one

And rightly so. What s his Mother got to do with anything ?

worcesterhibby
06-03-2019, 03:01 PM
And rightly so. What s his Mother got to do with anything ?

It is a pretty low blow. I do wonder at the mentality of people who spend money and get themselves organised enough to produce a banner with that on.

I imagine there are very few of us who haven't been guilty of shouting something or other at an opposition player that we wouldn't necessarily be proud of in the cold light of day, particularly in our younger days...but paying to have a banner produced with that sort of vile stuff on is another level.

WhileTheChief..
06-03-2019, 03:14 PM
We had a banner saying Hun **** last year.

We’re not exactly angels ourselves.

MrRobot
06-03-2019, 03:14 PM

TBH I dont think it is an overreaction. A glass bottle thrown at a player could lead to staggering consequences for both the player and the club.

I find it hard to believe he can't be identified though.

J-C
06-03-2019, 03:16 PM

Ah! That might've been what they were singing, makes more sense now, ta for that.

BoomtownHibees
06-03-2019, 03:16 PM

Nothing wrong with that 👀

Smartie
06-03-2019, 03:18 PM

Wow.

So that one is twice as sectarian as anything the OF fans sing.

Disgraceful, and should really be clamped down on.

The 90+2
06-03-2019, 03:23 PM
Nothing wrong with that 👀

Yes there is, it didn’t have the word “dirty” first 👍

fulshie
06-03-2019, 03:39 PM
Only banned for a defined period of time. Why not ban them for life! particularly the bottle thrower if/when, he/she is caught.

CMurdoch
06-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Fans have been helping the club identify the culprit.

This great quote comes to mind "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing".

Hopefully the hundreds of good Hibs supporters who saw this affront to our club did and will do all they could/can to ensure this idiot answers for his reckless act.

It would also have been a lot better if the bottle hadn't been handled by the referee and then the security staff as i suspect there would have been a wonderful fingerprint on the bottle from when it was thrown. Given it is very likely the culprit will be known to the Police this print would have identified him.

Although there is no CCTV showing the throwing of the bottle, there will be CCTV showing the relevant area of the East.

Any witnesses who think they can recognise the culprit can then find themselves on a still. Then identify the rough area the culprit was standing, then go to blow up images of every person in that area with a view to identifying that person. Obviously if someone has taken a photograph of the culprit the task will be a whole lot easier.

JimBHibees
06-03-2019, 05:29 PM

They are mocking both of the erse cheeks, good on them.

J-C
06-03-2019, 09:03 PM
They are mocking both of the erse cheeks, good on them.

I have acknowledged in another post that I misheard them after another poster corrected me.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2019, 07:10 PM
Listening to Willie Miller on Sportsound, he’s just panned Hibs for having inadequate CCTV in the ground
He should be having a go at Hearts, brand new £20m stand, and they can’t find the person who threw the coin at NL

green day
07-03-2019, 07:14 PM
Listening to Willie Miller on Sportsound, he’s just panned Hibs for having inadequate CCTV in the ground
He should be having a go at Hearts, brand new £20m stand, and they can’t find the person who threw the coin at NL

Miller is a fud - have they caught the boy that threw the seat at Pittodrie yet? Or as you say Tynecastle?

He showed himself up as a wee bit thick as well, started ranting about how clubs have to do something.............David Currie said "well, to be fair to Hibs, they HAVE done something" :agree::agree:

SideBurns
07-03-2019, 07:21 PM

Mild in the extreme, compared to what I've been calling them for as long as I can remember.

Not, of course, that I would ever claim to be an angel...

CMurdoch
08-03-2019, 02:17 AM

Football folk like Willie Miller should stick to speaking about what they knows about.
I would imagine the CCTV in most Scottish grounds is a bit long in the tooth.
CCTV like most technology will have moved on ten fold since it's installation at Easter Road.
Like our appalling PA system the club will never be keen to spend big bucks replacing it unless their hand is forced.
Saturday's bottle throwing incident was our hand being forced.
Leanne's quick of the mark statements that we are upgrading our CCTV as a result of the incident has us just ahead of the curve to head of the football authorities and the media.
I do think she is brilliant.

Weststandwanab
08-03-2019, 08:19 AM
Football folk like Willie Miller should stick to speaking about what they knows about.
I would imagine the CCTV in most Scottish grounds is a bit long in the tooth.
CCTV like most technology will have moved on ten fold since it's installation at Easter Road.
Like our appalling PA system the club will never be keen to spend big bucks replacing it unless their hand is forced.
Saturday's bottle throwing incident was our hand being forced.
Leanne's quick of the mark statements that we are upgrading our CCTV as a result of the incident has us just ahead of the curve to head of the football authorities and the media.
I do think she is brilliant.

The C.C.T.V. System at Easter Road was installed in 2016/17and is pretty much state of the art.

It is more than capable of recording High Definition video of anywhere in the ground providing a camera is pointed at the area in question and switched on.

The only upgrade required would be to install Panomera Cameras, which Hibs had on loan for 6 months and then declined to invest in them.

My understanding is that on Saturday afternoon an hour or so before kick-off it was discovered that a number of cameras were not working.

Ignoring the fact the system should have been checked on the morning of the game - It is highly unlikely that a number of cameras simultaneously failed.

It is much more likely that theses apparent failures would be caused by either a power issue or a fibre optic issue.

If this is the case then that may explain why the “C.C.T.V.system was unable to identify an individual”, it certainly will not be due to the inadequacy of the current system.

The P.A. system I 100% agree with but again my understanding is that Hibs declined the opportunity to install a new system in late 2016.