PDA

View Full Version : Reporting Scotland Tonight

Bishop Hibee
04-03-2019, 06:35 PM
First item is on (alleged) increasing disorder in Scottish football. Half the piece is footage of Hibs fans invading the pitch at Hampden with no violence shown. Absolutely disgraceful. Micky Mouse lazy journalism 😡

Hibernia&Alba
04-03-2019, 06:38 PM
A couple of morons gave them an open goal on Saturday, BH. I'm just thankful the Buckie bottle didn't split open Sinclair's head, as we'd be in real trouble. You're right though, the biggest problem by far is the Old Firm, but it's largely ignored.

sauzee6_2
04-03-2019, 06:39 PM
To an extent I agree with you, however after Saturdays incident we have to take our share of the blame.

Besties Debut
04-03-2019, 06:40 PM
First item is on (alleged) increasing disorder in Scottish football. Half the piece is footage of Hibs fans invading the pitch at Hampden with no violence shown. Absolutely disgraceful. Micky Mouse lazy journalism 😡 It was the most high profile pitch invasion since 1980 so expect to have it rammed down our throats until the next time there is a mass pitch invasion at the cup final. If they had shown us ripping down the crossbar and sporadic fighting with the huns the report would have had a point but all they showed was fans celebrating.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2019, 06:41 PM
At least Scott Brown made it clear that it’s at every club and not to concentrate on one ground or club.

Ronniekirk
04-03-2019, 06:41 PM
First item is on (alleged) increasing disorder in Scottish football. Half the piece is footage of Hibs fans invading the pitch at Hampden with no violence shown. Absolutely disgraceful. Micky Mouse lazy journalism [emoji35]

The violence was a rangers fan hurling a seat into Aberdeen fans and the bottle thrown in the direction of Scott Sinclair
But agree it seemed to have more stuff involving Hibs fans
The Scottish Cup Final is an easy target as it shows a mass invasion of fans so it suits their purpose to keep bringing this up ,as if it was a watershed ,that has led to these other incidents which is nonsense
Why not show. Will Lennon being hit by a coin that struck someone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
04-03-2019, 06:42 PM
No recent incidents like the huns many times or Celtic a couple of weeks ago or is that acceptable?

Hibernia&Alba
04-03-2019, 06:42 PM
It was the most high profile pitch invasion since 1980 so expect to have it rammed down our throats until the next time there is a mass pitch invasion at the cup final. If they had shown us ripping down the crossbar and sporadic fighting with the huns the report would have had a point but all they showed was fans celebrating.

Yep, not all pitch invasions are due to hooliganism. On that great day in 2016 it was due to pure joy; there was no trouble.

The 90+2
04-03-2019, 06:43 PM
Yep, not all pitch invasions are due to hooliganism. On that great day in 2016 it was due to pure joy; there was no trouble.

There was trouble. Because of the bad losing huns. Not that that will ever be confirmed.

Hibernia&Alba
04-03-2019, 06:47 PM
There was trouble. Because of the bad losing huns. Not that that will ever be confirmed.

I was on the pitch, as was my dad, and I didn't see any trouble, just thousands of Hibees experiencing that great moment. Laughter, tears, hugs, the whole lot, but I didn't see any ill will. It was only when we got home we learned of all the controversy. It was no hooligan moment.

Besties Debut
04-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Yep, not all pitch invasions are due to hooliganism. On that great day in 2016 it was due to pure joy; there was no trouble. The pure joy that quickly descended into smashed advertising hoardings, a ripped down crossbar and dozens of prosecutions for fans fighting. The vast majority did nothing more than celebrate but we are kidding ourselves on if we think there was no trouble.

The 90+2
04-03-2019, 06:48 PM
I was on the pitch, as was my dad, and I didn't see any trouble, just thousands of Hibees experiencing that great moment. Laughter, tears, hugs, the whole lot, but I didn't see any ill will. It was only when we got home we learned of all the controversy. It was no hooligan moment.

I watched similar, until they couldn’t take it and came into the pitch, watched it from my seat in the stand btw as I didn’t go on the pitch,

BegbieHSC
04-03-2019, 06:48 PM
Reporting Glasgow at its best. That new channel is entirely weegie orientated.

No surprise they don’t want to show footage of their beloved Huns/tic supporters. Naw, it’s the big bad Hibs fans as per.

Bishop Hibee
04-03-2019, 06:49 PM
It’s the tired old hand wringing “something must be done” from politicians which bugs me too. 99.9% of fans agree chucking a bottle at a player is unacceptable. Reporting Scotland then show a smoke bomb lying trackside and a celebratory, in the main, pitch invasion. Shoddy, lazy journalism with no context provided.

Viva_Palmeiras
First item is on (alleged) increasing disorder in Scottish football. Half the piece is footage of Hibs fans invading the pitch at Hampden with no violence shown. Absolutely disgraceful. Micky Mouse lazy journalism 😡

Shirley they can narrow it down. I’d imagine summit like this...

Barcode suggests where the Buckfast was purchased then get the cctv from there. Or check sales of Buckfast in. 2 mile radius of ER.
Finger prints on the bottle if they boy is a dafty.

The 90+2
The pure joy that quickly descended into smashed advertising hoardings, a ripped down crossbar and dozens of prosecutions for fans fighting. The vast majority did nothing more than celebrate but we are kidding ourselves on if we think there was no trouble.

Nah swinging the bar wasn’t trouble, neither was taking a bit of turf. Them coming into the pitch was for one reason only though.

Since452
Glasgow media for you. They're still all convinced that all the Rangers players and fans were attacked through there.

The 90+2
04-03-2019, 06:52 PM
Glasgow media for you. They're still all convinced that all the Rangers players and fans were attacked through there.

They aren’t convinced. They don’t dare go against them though unless against Celtic and something massive happens.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2019, 06:56 PM
It is increasing. Some incidents over the last 3/4 years have been very embarrassing. Many of them involve Hibs fans.

Besties Debut
04-03-2019, 06:57 PM
What's happening nowadays is kids stuff compared to the 70s and 80s. All seated stadia and the alcohol ban has made grounds safer but at the end of the day a bevied bam is a bevied bam and I don't think we will ever stamp out isolated instances of madness.

Hibernia&Alba
04-03-2019, 06:59 PM
It is increasing. Some incidents over the last 3/4 years have been very embarrassing. Many of them involve Hibs fans.

This season has been particularly bad across Scotland, and most of the time, of course, has involved the Old Firm, but we have had a few issues. Every club has its nutters, and I'm firmly of the opinion we need strict liability.

Betty Boop
04-03-2019, 07:00 PM

Aye but what about........? :rolleyes:

Jim44
04-03-2019, 07:00 PM
Keep ‘whataboutery’ out of it. Yes, the footage shown was what they could lay their hands on without trying too hard and we became a wee bit of a focus, but they’re not that daft to realise that much of the problem is ugly sister orientated. There are football hooligans everywhere and any attempt to get to the root of the problem has to be welcomed.

Besties Debut
04-03-2019, 07:01 PM
Nah swinging the bar wasn’t trouble, neither was taking a bit of turf. Them coming into the pitch was for one reason only though. Tearing down the crossbar and ripping up the turf might be classed as vandalism in a court of law

green day
04-03-2019, 07:01 PM
The radio reporting tonight was much more measured and even handed - discussed sectarianism as the biggest issue.

I guess it depends if its a muppet or a decent editor in charge??

Carheenlea
04-03-2019, 07:51 PM
There definitely has been an increase of incidents of disorder this season. From our own fans we’ve seen more smoke bombs being let off and thrown, racist abuse from an individual caught on live TV, missile throwing and scuffles/pavement dancing at Motherwell and stewards allegedly being spat at up in Dundee. Maybe not Luton v Millwall stuff, but enough of a deterioration of behaviour to cause some concerns. Thankfully sectarianism isn’t something we’ve been guilty of.

where'stheslope
04-03-2019, 09:18 PM
Unfortunately, we handed it to the media in the shape of a glass bottle, not paper balls as at Ibroke!
We've done our fair share of smoke bombs and flares, but something that could cause real damage came from our fan?
It is to be discussed in the Scottish Parliament tomorrow, trying to make "strict liability" stick without upsetting FIFA!!!
They will take the attitude, if you can't control your fans, you will be liable!!!
Not what everyone would want, but how else do you stop it?????

BullsCloseHibs
04-03-2019, 09:21 PM
Lazy British Broadcasting c s

hibbydog
04-03-2019, 09:22 PM
To an extent I agree with you, however after Saturdays incident we have to take our share of the blame.

A hundred times no.

The hibs support, and indeed the majority of football fans in Scotland, are reasonable human beings who would never even contemplate such nonsense.

But the reality is that one idiots actions have brought us all into disrepute and it’s totally unfair that we’re all labelled the same way.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-03-2019, 09:33 PM
There definitely has been an increase of incidents of disorder this season. From our own fans we’ve seen more smoke bombs being let off and thrown, racist abuse from an individual caught on live TV, missile throwing and scuffles/pavement dancing at Motherwell and stewards allegedly being spat at up in Dundee. Maybe not Luton v Millwall stuff, but enough of a deterioration of behaviour to cause some concerns. Thankfully sectarianism isn’t something we’ve been guilty of.

Although was it not the case that some Hibs fan was the first to be convicted on the then new anti-bigotry laws ?

Edit: Yup (my mind is a dumping ground for trivia like this)

https://cm/the-scotsman-2-7475/bigotry-law-hibs-pair-first-to-be-convicted-1-2170925

Diclonius
04-03-2019, 09:40 PM
The media and SFA are gearing this up for an "it's everyone but the OF" PR blitz. The "provincial clubs" will get hammered while Celgers and Rantic fans can continue to sing and do whatever the **** they want.

green day
04-03-2019, 09:45 PM
The media and SFA are gearing this up for an "it's everyone but the OF" PR blitz. The "provincial clubs" will get hammered while Celgers and Rantic fans can continue to sing and do whatever the **** they want.

You could be right, but I think the politicians are reaching the end of their patience.

I am not holding my breath, but it would be very very amusing if strict liability with points deductions came in and was implemented correctly.

silverhibee
04-03-2019, 10:22 PM
SSN pretty quiet regards the bottle and coin throwing incidents in the Sheffield Derby tonight, bizarrely Gordon Smith was on Scotland today news tonight saying these incidents don't happen down south because of the good cctv in the grounds that deters this type of stuff as the folk know they will get caught, I'm sure they ain't thinking about consequences when they do it.

Smartie
04-03-2019, 10:34 PM

Sadly you are correct.

I don't know what more Hibs can do, but it certainly a problem.

I really didn't understand that on Saturday. We've been involved in some powder keg games in the past when you could understand (if not excuse) folk getting carried away. Chucking a glass bottle at someone is a few levels above most of the other stuff we've seen and it has no place at Easter Road.

Whether we like it or not, we have an element that is as bad as anyone's and seem to be in decent numbers. Some of the stuff that doesn't even make the papers (see threads on here after every game at Hampden) is bad enough.

Aye, but Billy boys.

WeeRussell
04-03-2019, 11:07 PM
I thought it was a bit strange that the (shameful and embarrassing) bottle throwing incident was clearly marked as the Hibs support, immediately followed by the flare being thrown on the pitch (Celtic fans) but with no commentary and easily perceived as Hibs... and then the cup final invasion from 2 and a half years ago.

As above though. It would help if the complete morons in our support would stop letting us down.

green day
05-03-2019, 08:42 AM
SSN pretty quiet regards the bottle and coin throwing incidents in the Sheffield Derby tonight, bizarrely Gordon Smith was on Scotland today news tonight saying these incidents don't happen down south because of the good cctv in the grounds that deters this type of stuff as the folk know they will get caught, I'm sure they ain't thinking about consequences when they do it.

I heard him saying that - total dinosaur, out of touch with just how hyped up some of these younger guys are on bevvy and pills.

Anyone who is prepared to smuggle a bottle into the match isnt going to stop and think "aye, but the consequences".

Bishop Hibee
05-03-2019, 09:00 AM
I’ve no problem with the bottle throwing incident being condemned. An absolute disgrace and the perpetrator should receive a long ban from ER and face the full force of the law. It’s the lazyness of folk like Smith saying it doesn’t happen in England when it does and the beeb putting unrelated incidents together that bugs me.

Jones28
05-03-2019, 09:02 AM
I heard him saying that - total dinosaur, out of touch with just how hyped up some of these younger guys are on bevvy and pills.

Anyone who is prepared to smuggle a bottle into the match isnt going to stop and think "aye, but the consequences".

I can't really comment but I didn't realise drug culture among young football fans was such a thing? Seems like the last few years I've seen and heard more people than ever snorting cocaine/whatever else at away games - Aberdeen last season springs to mind.

Has this always been the case and I've been naive to it or is there an upsurge?

Antifa Hibs
05-03-2019, 09:34 AM
Like the halloween derby its all being blown out of proportion.

2 high profile matches with over 30,000 fans between the two games you had 1 fanny at Easter Road launching a bottle (ban and get him in court) and one fanny at Pittodrie launching a seat (ban and get him in court also).

There will be more pyro technics at Gerry Cinnamon's set at Trnsmit festival this summer than there will be over the whole SPFL season. Last year there was 34 arrests at the event. Probably more arrests at that than there will be at 5-6 old firm derbies (from fans in the stadium). Yet to see Nicola Sturgeon, Police Scotland and the press get themselves into a frenzy over that. It's all sensationalised pish, ramped up since the polis and snp lost their wee precious OBFA.

Fitba's as safe as its ever been - match day going fans know that. Yes the game still attracts the odd ******** we could do without but to the outsider you'd think there's running battles and stabbings everyweek. Out of all the major incidents this season your talking a dozen ****wits out of the entire league.

Greenbeard
05-03-2019, 09:46 AM
Strict liability and deduction of points for things like missile throwing will likely increase paggers in the stands 'cos the moron perpetrators will be liable to getting a doing from some of their own.
In that regard, despite 100% condemnation on here of the buckie moron, how many folk around him (or her) must have seen the culprit in the act? Shouldn't be difficult to confirm his/her seat and i.d. them. Granted, most probably won't want to confront a potential dangerous moron even if one of our own, so it needs to be easier to shop folk like that discreetly. A different "shopping" tab on the club website?
And don't give me any 5h1te about not shopping your own. A line was crossed with the bottle.

where'stheslope
05-03-2019, 10:46 AM
Strict liability and deduction of points for things like missile throwing will likely increase paggers in the stands 'cos the moron perpetrators will be liable to getting a doing from some of their own.
In that regard, despite 100% condemnation on here of the buckie moron, how many folk around him (or her) must have seen the culprit in the act? Shouldn't be difficult to confirm his/her seat and i.d. them. Granted, most probably won't want to confront a potential dangerous moron even if one of our own, so it needs to be easier to shop folk like that discreetly. A different "shopping" tab on the club website?
And don't give me any 5h1te about not shopping your own. A line was crossed with the bottle.

This has to start happening before it becomes a regular thing, if they get away with it, the next one will think its ok!!!
Remember on here all the finger pointing at the Yam that threw the bottle outside of Tynie and hit the old lady?
You can't persecute one and not the other because he's our fan!!!!

Jones28
05-03-2019, 10:56 AM
This has to start happening before it becomes a regular thing, if they get away with it, the next one will think its ok!!!
Remember on here all the finger pointing at the Yam that threw the bottle outside of Tynie and hit the old lady?
You can't persecute one and not the other because he's our fan!!!!

Someone who identifies more with someone who throws a glass bottle at a football player than with someone who wouldnt needs their ****ing head examined

hibee-boys
05-03-2019, 11:02 AM
Don't tell me that no one sitting around the clown that threw the bottle saw him doing it. He should've been identified and dealt with accordingly. Thankfully they missed or god knows what damage it could've done, disgusting behaviour by a so called hibs fan. Judging by the brand of bottle no doubt a young ned trying to be the hard man!

Famous Fiver
05-03-2019, 11:41 AM
No doubt we will be regaled with what Gordon Smith defines as folk songs on Friday night.

The man is a pillock.

Wonder if he'll be on tonight to discuss his remarks that the throwing of objects is a Scottish problem?

Anyone been at the Velodrome, Marseille, recently? Any poor unfortunate on the away side taking a corner there appears to be fair game. Terracing is closed regularly but it still continues unabated.

Kato
05-03-2019, 12:26 PM

The narrative has already been created. Apportion as much blame as possible away from the Old Firm.

chrisski33
05-03-2019, 04:26 PM
Like the halloween derby its all being blown out of proportion.

2 high profile matches with over 30,000 fans between the two games you had 1 fanny at Easter Road launching a bottle (ban and get him in court) and one fanny at Pittodrie launching a seat (ban and get him in court also).

There will be more pyro technics at Gerry Cinnamon's set at Trnsmit festival this summer than there will be over the whole SPFL season. Last year there was 34 arrests at the event. Probably more arrests at that than there will be at 5-6 old firm derbies (from fans in the stadium). Yet to see Nicola Sturgeon, Police Scotland and the press get themselves into a frenzy over that. It's all sensationalised pish, ramped up since the polis and snp lost their wee precious OBFA.

Fitba's as safe as its ever been - match day going fans know that. Yes the game still attracts the odd ******** we could do without but to the outsider you'd think there's running battles and stabbings everyweek. Out of all the major incidents this season your talking a dozen ****wits out of the entire league.

No its not

Jack Hackett
05-03-2019, 04:34 PM
I thought it was a bit strange that the (shameful and embarrassing) bottle throwing incident was clearly marked as the Hibs support, immediately followed by the flare being thrown on the pitch (Celtic fans) but with no commentary and easily perceived as Hibs... and then the cup final invasion from 2 and a half years ago.

As above though. It would help if the complete morons in our support would stop letting us down.

The trouble with complete morons is that they are blissfully unaware that they are complete morons, making a change of behaviour an impossible dream.

The Pointer
05-03-2019, 07:50 PM
It's the way society is going in general sadly. The worst behaviour I've ever witnessed was a Hibs 'supporter' out his head on goodness knows what, shouting and swearing on the Ryanair flight to Copenhagen for the Brondby game. Complete embarrassment.

Lago
05-03-2019, 08:30 PM
:top marks
It's the way society is going in general sadly. The worst behaviour I've ever witnessed was a Hibs 'supporter' out his head on goodness knows what, shouting and swearing on the Ryanair flight to Copenhagen for the Brondby game. Complete embarrassment.

Bishop Hibee
05-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Look at this from the local Sheffield rag about the Sheffield derby last night. Meltdown if this was in Scotland https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-derby-it-s-a-matter-of-time-before-someone-is-killed-sheffield-united-and-sheffield-wednesday-fans-condemn-south-yorkshire-police-s-tactics-as-supporters-pelted-with-bottles-coins-and-fireworks-1-9630901

Jones28
05-03-2019, 09:16 PM
Look at this from the local Sheffield rag about the Sheffield derby last night. Meltdown if this was in Scotland https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-derby-it-s-a-matter-of-time-before-someone-is-killed-sheffield-united-and-sheffield-wednesday-fans-condemn-south-yorkshire-police-s-tactics-as-supporters-pelted-with-bottles-coins-and-fireworks-1-9630901

What a bloody shambles.

neil7908
05-03-2019, 11:01 PM
If we want something to be done about sectarian chanting (ie. strict liability) then we need to accept that we would be punished for incidents like the this aswell.

Yes there are far bigger culprits than us in terms of trouble but there is a nasty element of our support and the "one or two idiots" line begins to wear off when you get several incidents happening over different matches.

Besties Debut
06-03-2019, 02:34 AM
It's the way society is going in general sadly. The worst behavior I've ever witnessed was a Hibs 'supporter' out his head on goodness knows what, shouting and swearing on the Ryanair flight to Copenhagen for the Brondby game. Complete embarrassment. I wonder if that's the same guy who was standing in the square screaming CCS and challenging other Hibs fans to a square go before the game.

LancsHibs
06-03-2019, 07:04 AM
Not just in Scotland I was at the Accrington v Blackpool game last night, a bottle was thrown at the Accy keeper, he threw it back and was red carded.

silverhibee
06-03-2019, 12:51 PM
Not just in Scotland I was at the Accrington v Blackpool game last night, a bottle was thrown at the Accy keeper, he threw it back and was red carded.

Just seen that, goalie could be in trouble for throwing it back in to the crowd.

where'stheslope
06-03-2019, 04:08 PM
If we want something to be done about sectarian chanting (ie. strict liability) then we need to accept that we would be punished for incidents like the this aswell.

Yes there are far bigger culprits than us in terms of trouble but there is a nasty element of our support and the "one or two idiots" line begins to wear off when you get several incidents happening over different matches.

Totally agree with you on this, but we as a club must get our own place in order, before we can even think about pointing fingers elsewhere!!!

The few are just bringing the rest of us down, the sooner they are evicted from the club the better for all!!!