PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SUPPORTER REP VOTING NOW OPEN

RSS Bot
04-03-2019, 04:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9771)

Hibs3-2
04-03-2019, 05:11 PM
Kieran Power gets my vote 👍

PaulSmith
04-03-2019, 05:20 PM
It's between Duncan Smith and Keiran Power IMO, both very similar but for me Duncan edges it and will get my vote.

I'd like to think that Frank would've gracefully stepped aside but perhaps there's some ambassador type role that keeps in involved with the club.

Mikey
04-03-2019, 05:21 PM
Duncan Smith for me too.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2019, 05:22 PM
I would imagine Frank will take some ousting given his wider circle of Hibees who know him and will vote for him.

Mikey
04-03-2019, 05:28 PM
I would imagine Frank will take some ousting given his wider circle of Hibees who know him and will vote for him.

Yep. I was trying to remember how many votes he racked up in the previous ballots, but I'm sure he was way out in front each time.

Diclonius
04-03-2019, 05:30 PM
Duncan Smith for me.

cabbageandribs1875
04-03-2019, 05:35 PM
Yep. I was trying to remember how many votes he racked up in the previous ballots, but I'm sure he was way out in front each time.

iirc 700+ followed by tracy on 400-odds....or thereaboots

Duncan Smith
04-03-2019, 05:37 PM

Frank received 736 votes out of 2316 votes in 2017.
Tracy was next with 489.

Decent winning margin.

Mikey
04-03-2019, 05:38 PM
iirc 700+ followed by tracy on 400-odds....or thereaboots

Google to the rescue.....

A total of 2,316 eligible votes were cast by 1,319 supporters. The top four placings were Frank Dougan (736 votes), Tracey Smith (489 votes), Charlene Feeney-Seale (434 votes) and Amit Moudgil (341 votes).

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7371

Billy Whizz
04-03-2019, 05:39 PM
Not that I’m intending doing it, but you can vote for all candidates, if you click every box
Is that correct?

The 90+2
04-03-2019, 05:45 PM
Can’t it be fairer such as different rounds and eliminate the lowest? That way others won’t be so diluted.

The Baldmans Comb
04-03-2019, 05:49 PM
Kieran Power for me as everyone who personally know him praise his ability and integrity and his statement was excellent for though I liked Duncan's chat as well.

Dougan hopefully will not get back in due to his laughable comments last time around when he pledged to improve his online presence and his comments and then his vote in favor of the infamous Sevco statement.

The 90+2
04-03-2019, 05:51 PM
Kieran Power for me though I liked Duncan chat as well.

Dougan hopefully will not get back in due to his laughable comments last time around when he pledged to improve his online presence and his comments and vote in favor of the infamous Sevco statement.

Half vote for Kieran and half for Duncan we have the dilution issue.

If fair, it would be round for round voting then see who gets the popular vote come the end.

matty_f
04-03-2019, 06:06 PM
Voted for Malcolm Milne.

Betty Boop
04-03-2019, 06:07 PM
Big Dougan :flag:

Austinho
04-03-2019, 06:51 PM
Not that I’m intending doing it, but you can vote for all candidates, if you click every box
Is that correct?Nah, comes up as an error if you try that.

Watching the videos, can’t say I’m particularly impressed with Frank Dougan - amongst other things he seems to almost revel in the fact he doesn’t make himself available to the biggest segment of supporters - the ones online. Obviously face to face contact with matchgoing Hibees is important too, but not if it’s the same clique you’re in contact with every match.

Carheenlea
04-03-2019, 07:02 PM
If only 1300 fans voted at the last election, surely this is an indication that having supporters reps on the board is not something the supporters are really that bothered about. Will be interesting to see the numbers this time round.

cabbageandribs1875
04-03-2019, 07:05 PM
wonder if Frank will be campaigning outside the Twitter, Facebook, Bounce and .Net polling stations at various times

Bishop Hibee
04-03-2019, 07:07 PM
Voted for Frank. Not popular here but I see him fairly regularly and can let him know about any issues I need to raise, positive or negative.

H18 SFR
04-03-2019, 07:09 PM
Three votes registered for Frank.

JTD
04-03-2019, 07:14 PM
Kieran Power gets my vote 👍🏽

Chuck Rhoades
04-03-2019, 07:26 PM
Voted for KP.

Bostonhibby
04-03-2019, 09:07 PM
All my family votes have gone to KP.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
04-03-2019, 09:28 PM
I’ll be voting for Kieran.

I’m a long time mate of Frank but sometimes you and your mates can disagree.

Frank just doesn’t embrace any of the modern day communication methods and surely, when the role is centred around communication with the supporters, that is a necessity.

Also, irrespective of personalities, when Frank completes this term it would have seen him be in the position for SIX years.

Too long in my opinion, and I fear that in a world where new fresh ideas are now actively sought out, , a tenure of such length on a football club board can see you as not being part of the ‘solution’ to middle of the road thinking, but as part of the ‘problem’

Nothing personal Frank, but time for a change and a bit regeneration hopefully.

silverhibee
04-03-2019, 09:31 PM
If only 1300 fans voted at the last election, surely this is an indication that having supporters reps on the board is not something the supporters are really that bothered about. Will be interesting to see the numbers this time round.

If it's a really low number and it's not frank that's the winner then the club will probably just scrap it and tell us some crap that it's not worth it and Tracey will get to see out her term and that will be the end of the fans rep.

Not voting, waste of time.

Hibeesmad
04-03-2019, 10:02 PM
Duncan Smith has received my vote.

147lothian
04-03-2019, 10:04 PM
I just voted for Frank, nothing against any of the other candidates I sure they could all do a good job, but just knowing Frank like I do I know I could trust him if I ever have to speak to him

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2019, 10:24 PM
I just voted for Frank, nothing against any of the other candidates I sure they could all do a good job, but just knowing Frank like I do I know I could trust him if I ever have to speak to him

This is a perfect example of why Frank will probably get voted in again. Many will think the same way as he’s a very well known likeable guy.

CMurdoch
04-03-2019, 11:33 PM
Have gone for Kieran Power.
I think effective communication is the key to the role and he sounds like he has that side sussed

Austinho
05-03-2019, 12:37 AM
Duncan Smith already engaging supporter in surveys on his specially set up Twitter account https://twitter.com/ask1875/status/1102720535379824640?s=21 Quite impressive, although I already voted for Power.

Forza Fred
05-03-2019, 02:36 AM
If it's a really low number and it's not frank that's the winner then the club will probably just scrap it and tell us some crap that it's not worth it and Tracey will get to see out her term and that will be the end of the fans rep.

Not voting, waste of time.

But not voting just ensures the status quo?

MagicSwirlingShip
05-03-2019, 03:56 AM
+1 for Kieran Power.

Congruence
05-03-2019, 07:10 AM
+3 for Kieran Power :flag:

CockneyRebel
05-03-2019, 08:09 AM

I have voted for Frank in the past but he has held this post for a long time and new blood is needed. I like him but I voted against him this time as you don't have to be popular or a pal to do a good job. I only really heard about anything that Frank had done/not done through posters on this forum (can only recall a few posts from Frank on here) and that's not good enough for me.

I voted for Duncan.

hibsbollah
05-03-2019, 08:26 AM
KP For Me.

You'd be nuts to vote for anyone else
:offski:

Carheenlea
05-03-2019, 08:39 AM
I had more or less decided it wasn’t worth me casting a vote given that Loyalty Points was the only issue I’d have any need for fans reps to push, and previously it was said that we could forget seeing a return. Given that one of the candidates has put the topic to the forefront of his campaign and looks like he would argue the case for in stronger terms, I’ve given my vote to Duncan Smith.

green with envy
05-03-2019, 08:44 AM
Straight forward & done. Power for me.

McD
05-03-2019, 02:22 PM
Voted for KP.

i like what both he and Duncan have said, could have went either way but Kieran just won out.

FD is talking about being at all the games etc, is he really saying he is available for 13,000+ people to approach during those times?
Good, bad or indifferent, he’s had his time, and I think it’s a bit unfair of him to not step aside gracefully and allow someone else the opportunity (and to use his wording, the honour), IMO.

The 90+2
05-03-2019, 02:23 PM
Voted KP.

Golden Bear
05-03-2019, 02:47 PM
I have voted but I intend to protect the integrity of the ballot process.

So there, I'm saying nowt.

:greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
05-03-2019, 02:49 PM
I thought there was 6 candidates :confused: Anyway, vote cast.

Hermit Crab
05-03-2019, 04:41 PM
I thought there was 6 candidates :confused: Anyway, vote cast.

Macar got binned from the running for his #anyonebutdougan twitter campaign.

Oscar T Grouch
05-03-2019, 04:44 PM
Macar got binned from the running for his #anyonebutdougan twitter campaign.

Ah right, cheers HC, my lack of twitter makes me miss a lot of what goes on there, thankfully.

JoJo_07
05-03-2019, 04:53 PM
KP is a friend of mine. Think he will do a great job. Easy choice for me.

Sean1875
05-03-2019, 04:59 PM
Went for KP. Echo those previous sentiments that we need someone a lot more vocal on the social media side of things which has sadly been lacking the last couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brooster
05-03-2019, 07:17 PM
KP's talk was the best followed by DS. I'm torn between these two. DS is the only candidate to contact our Branch which makes me veer towards him at the moment. FD's approach to communication is somewhat dated, possibly time for him to give someone else a chance.

Mikey
05-03-2019, 08:41 PM
KP's talk was the best followed by DS. I'm torn between these two. DS is the only candidate to contact our Branch which makes me veer towards him at the moment. FD's approach to communication is somewhat dated, possibly time for him to give someone else a chance.

I think I'm right in saying that Duncan is only only one who's appeared on here as well.

The 90+2
05-03-2019, 09:38 PM
I think I'm right in saying that Duncan is only only one who's appeared on here as well.

Very naughty.

Nakedmanoncrack
05-03-2019, 09:53 PM

I didn't think KP came across very well to be honest, dont know him so no slight intended. Big Frank didn't come over well either & won't win m(any) votes on the basis of that interview- but will from those who know him.

matty_f
06-03-2019, 12:05 AM

Maybe only since the voting was announced, think Mr Milne also posts on here as well.

ian cruise
06-03-2019, 03:37 AM
Very naughty.

In what way?

andyf5
06-03-2019, 05:07 AM
This is a perfect example of why Frank will probably get voted in again. Many will think the same way as he’s a very well known likeable guy.
Yet many say he does not communicate effectively because he is not online. I might have voted for new blood but none of the other candidates impressed me enough. I voted Frank.

Allant1981
06-03-2019, 06:06 AM
Kieran Power for me came over better than the rest of the candidates, hopefully if elected he does as promised as it's not to far away from what previous candidates have said and we dont really hear much from them

Coco Bryce
06-03-2019, 06:29 AM
Duncan Smith for me and my mates :flag:

StevieC
06-03-2019, 07:08 AM
Both KP and DS seem good candidates and could be the "new blood" that this process needs. I'm going to have a second look at their statements and cast my vote this evening.

bigwheel
06-03-2019, 07:11 AM
Both KP and DS seem good candidates and could be the "new blood" that this process needs. I'm going to have a second look at their statements and cast my vote this evening.

Wonder if there is a danger that votes for change get split between KP and DS, allowing Frank who likely has a decent base support to win again...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scooby
06-03-2019, 07:30 AM
Wonder if there is a danger that votes for change get split between KP and DS, allowing Frank who likely has a decent base support to win again...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's my concern too, Frank should definitely have stepped aside this time. I think KP and DS would make a good team.

Power
06-03-2019, 07:56 AM
Kieran Power for me came over better than the rest of the candidates, hopefully if elected he does as promised as it's not to far away from what previous candidates have said and we dont really hear much from them

Thanks Allan, hearing you loud and clear. There is really good candidates this year and there is positives to any one of them.

I read and listen to all the Hibs specific pages and media (and post on a number at the moment). If elected I’ll need to be visible and consistent on all as standard. It’s the main reason I’m standing - that communication and engagement approach. It would be a shame to lose a voice inside the boardroom.

All of the platforms is where the majority of your experience, knowledge and feedback are.

I would be the middleman and message carrier only - finding the commonalities within the support and working hard to present these to Hibs to review, digest and answer. Resilience needed to make sure that connection gets closer.

Thanks to everyone that has engaged on here and voted for any one of the five standing (they’re really top people).

We're a proud and demanding support, and rightly so, this is Hibernian.

Allant1981
06-03-2019, 09:08 AM
Thanks Allan, hearing you loud and clear. There is really good candidates this year and there is positives to any one of them.

I read and listen to all the Hibs specific pages and media (and post on a number at the moment). If elected I’ll need to be visible and consistent on all as standard. It’s the main reason I’m standing - that communication and engagement approach. It would be a shame to lose a voice inside the boardroom.

All of the platforms is where the majority of your experience, knowledge and feedback are.

I would be the middleman and message carrier only - finding the commonalities within the support and working hard to present these to Hibs to review, digest and answer. Resilience needed to make sure that connection gets closer.

Thanks to everyone that has engaged on here and voted for any one of the five standing (they’re really top people).

We're a proud and demanding support, and rightly so, this is Hibernian.

Thanks for the reply and good luck with the vote

Since90+2
06-03-2019, 09:28 AM
Frank should have stepped aside but regardless he will win again.

ronaldo7
06-03-2019, 10:04 AM
Power for me.

cabbageandribs1875
06-03-2019, 12:34 PM
tempted to vote for FD again to keep the continuity, although i've jokingly pointed out in the past that he didn't post on here when he said he would there's probably no real point in him doing so when tracey does that side of things,at least this time he's admitting he's just not into the internet, Duncan Smith makes a good suggestion of having a sub-section on here and the bounce dealing directly with any fan-related stuff, well done all the candidates though. so FD or Duncan for me

Last Minute
06-03-2019, 01:14 PM
Frank should do the right thing and step aside. He has had his time over and over and its only fair to let new blood come in and take a turn with new ideas. KP for me on this one.

STB Hibs
06-03-2019, 01:41 PM

Exactly this, sycophantic, selfish nonsense

Frank is delusional in claiming her personally speaks to thousands of Hibs fans. He's also a proven liar who used accessibility claims to be elected last time, then disappeared into the relative safety of the Wsst Stand.

His legacy will be banging hisbfist off a table demanding podcasters drop the EBT Review plans. He endorsed cheating.

We were recently told Frank would not be eleigible for the role again, and now he is, and tbat's why this voting procudure is about as genuine as English Tories looking after Scottish independence postal votes.

It's a fix.

Sean1875
06-03-2019, 02:40 PM

Frank is delusional in claiming her personally speaks to thousands of Hibs fans. He's also a proven liar who used accessibility claims to be elected last time, then disappeared into the relative safety of the Wsst Stand.

His legacy will be banging hisbfist off a table demanding podcasters drop the EBT Review plans. He endorsed cheating.

We were recently told Frank would not be eleigible for the role again, and now he is, and tbat's why this voting procudure is about as genuine as English Tories looking after Scottish independence postal votes.

It's a fix.

So are you voting for Frank or not?

Skol
06-03-2019, 06:51 PM
tempted to vote for FD again to keep the continuity, although i've jokingly pointed out in the past that he didn't post on here when he said he would there's probably no real point in him doing so when tracey does that side of things,at least this time he's admitting he's just not into the internet, Duncan Smith makes a good suggestion of having a sub-section on here and the bounce dealing directly with any fan-related stuff, well done all the candidates though. so FD or Duncan for me

Tracey's contribution here is sporadic also. Actually my gripe is not really about being on here. What they dont do IMO is make any effort to gather input from a wide variety of sources and then to keep us updated on what they take to the board and what the outcome is when it can be shared.

They think they do this by working together meetings but these are poorly advertised and the outcome never shared.

Until they start to engage and communicate the role is a waste of time IMO. Maybe the role is as it is because of Frank and if he is replaced we might see the role being done better

Forza Fred
06-03-2019, 07:25 PM
Tracey's contribution here is sporadic also. Actually my gripe is not really about being on here. What they dont do IMO is make any effort to gather input from a wide variety of sources and then to keep us updated on what they take to the board and what the outcome is when it can be shared.

They think they do this by working together meetings but these are poorly advertised and the outcome never shared.

Until they start to engage and communicate the role is a waste of time IMO. Maybe the role is as it is because of Frank and if he is replaced we might see the role being done better

The role was never really fully defined, and in defence of Frank, being the first one elected, he basically did what he thought was required.

It wasn’t as if there was an instruction manual to follow.

He probably doesn’t understand the criticism of him about lack of communication, because he is only doing what comes naturally to him.
Having said that, it probably reinforces the case as to why new blood is needed...... so that we embark on a ‘continuous improvement’ exercise, as opposed to Frank’s......’ I’ve always done it this way, and I’m not changing it’ approach.

Brightside
06-03-2019, 07:34 PM
Waste of time. Frank will get in. And nothing will change. I’ve voted for DS in the hope I’m wrong

Power
06-03-2019, 07:44 PM
Small update from my myself;

Following on from behind the goals ‘meet the fans rep opportunity’ on Saturday past - I’ll be available in Leith establishments on Friday to chat about Hibs or allow you to ken me a bit more over a beer.
Happy to discuss what my ideas are for the ongoing communication cycle I’m thinking, plus hear your ideas.
I’ll do the same the following Saturday in other ‘well kent’ places.

Robbies around 4:30
Iona around 5:15
Four in Hand around 6
and Hibs SA Club from 6:30

KP

Iggy Pope
06-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Small update from my myself;

Following on from behind the goals ‘meet the fans rep opportunity’ on Saturday past - I’ll be available in Leith establishments on Friday to chat about Hibs or allow you to ken me a bit more over a beer.
Happy to discuss what my ideas are for the ongoing communication cycle I’m thinking, plus hear your ideas.
I’ll do the same the following Saturday in other ‘well kent’ places.

Robbies around 4:30
Iona around 5:15
Four in Hand around 6
and Hibs SA Club from 6:30

KP

You’ve given yourself 30 mins to get served in the Four and quaff it to be at the club in time so I imagine the chat is brief :wink:

Power
06-03-2019, 08:50 PM
You’ve given yourself 30 mins to get served in the Four and quaff it to be at the club in time so I imagine the chat is brief :wink:

True, true. Brother works behind the bar there :wink: (not to be mistaken for me!).

I’ll likely visit the Four, Tamsons and Harp after.

Danderhall Hibs
06-03-2019, 09:58 PM

Tracey’s there for the continuity.

EdinMike
06-03-2019, 10:41 PM

Helps when his brother works behind the bar... although I treat everyone equally 😅

CMurdoch
06-03-2019, 11:17 PM

It's a fix.

So are you voting for Frank or not?

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin the auld yins are the best. Classsssic!!!:aok::top marks

The 90+2
06-03-2019, 11:21 PM
True, true. Brother works behind the bar there :wink: (not to be mistaken for me!).

I’ll likely visit the Four, Tamsons and Harp after.

When you poshing it up over at the Salisbury Arms mate? 😉 good luck mate you would do a brilliant job.

Ozyhibby
07-03-2019, 10:14 AM
Just voted for Kieran Power based on video interviews and initial statement.
Can’t understand why anyone would vote for FD again after the ‘move on’ statement but maybe that’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stairway 2 7
07-03-2019, 10:27 AM
Voted for kp hope he wins great guy but would be happy if anyone but fd won to be honest. He's a great hibs man but it should be a treat getting free travel to Europe and in to directors boxes around Scotland you've had your shot move on its embarrassing

WhileTheChief..
07-03-2019, 10:28 AM
‘coz Frank feels he still has a lot to offer?

He just forgot to mention what it is he offers other than feeing privileged!

Billy Whizz
07-03-2019, 10:35 AM
Voted for kp hope he wins great guy but would be happy if anyone but fd won to be honest. He's a great hibs man but it should be a treat getting free travel to Europe and in to directors boxes around Scotland you've had your shot move on its embarrassing

Frank nor Tracey sit in Directors boxes in Scotland, sit in the away end with the rest of the Hibs supporters
Think it was a previous Fans Director who didn’t sit with the fans

Pretty Boy
07-03-2019, 10:37 AM
I voted for Frank last time. My reasoning was little more than when I queued overnight for tickets for Tynecastle he was there from early doors organising hot drinks and distributing vouchers. I had intended not to vote but that swung it.

I agree with others that he should have stepped aside this time. Hopefully after this election there is a limit put on how many terms anyone can serve; having the same body in post for 6 years isn't right imo. If there is a feeling of 'unfinished business' then surely the club and individual can come to an arrangement for any work to be completed in a different role. On the flip side of all the statements he seems the most aware of the limitations of the role and the inability to communicate as openly as some fans want. Anyone can promise X, Y or Z; actually delivering it is the hard part and Frank at least makes an acknowledgment of that fact.

I'll have another look over the statements but I'm leaning towards Duncan Smith. His statement reads as pretty pragmatic without hinting at 'running down' other candidates. I still think the whole idea needs a radical overhaul as the current set up doesn't appear to be satisfying anybody.

Stairway 2 7
07-03-2019, 11:05 AM
Frank nor Tracey sit in Directors boxes in Scotland, sit in the away end with the rest of the Hibs supporters
Think it was a previous Fans Director who didn’t sit with the fans

But they have done it had the opportunity which must be an amazing opportunity. They weren't to be seen in Iceland, well you could see them through the glass having there meal added in to this free travel, it really should be 1 term each new person each year

oldbutdim
07-03-2019, 11:17 AM
But they have done it had the opportunity which must be an amazing opportunity. They weren't to be seen in Iceland, well you could see them through the glass having there meal added in to this free travel, it really should be 1 term each new person each year

Iceland?

I should hope not.
:wink:

green with envy
07-03-2019, 11:33 AM

Farmfoods is what I heard.

ian cruise
07-03-2019, 11:58 AM
I hope that the other candidates who don't get picked will still be looking to involve themselves with the club through the Working Together groups. They all talk about having time and energy to give to the club should they be chosen to be the fans rep but if not selected thatcdoesnt need to be the end of it, there's plenty opportunities for each of the candidates to still be involved in carrying the club forward behind the scenes.

Up The Bracket
08-03-2019, 09:12 AM
I’m obviously completely missing something but are there not 2 winners or is Tracy staying on?

Kieran Power or Duncan Smith for me.

cabbageandribs1875
08-03-2019, 09:29 AM
I’m obviously completely missing something but are there not 2 winners or is Tracy staying on?

yes

Baldy Foghorn
08-03-2019, 10:49 AM

You can only vote for 1 as Tracey staying on

BSEJVT
08-03-2019, 12:44 PM
As none of the incumbents of the role since inception have achieved anything other than the odd goodwill visit, I still think its a total waste of time and wont be voting.

The whole idea germinated at a time when the board were getting pelters and needed to be seen to throw the dog a bone and this was their bone.

We don't need popularity contest winners on the board, what we need are people identified and recruited for their specific skill sets to fulfil a gap identified.

I still wish they would scrap the whole idea.

We will soon enough have a HSL director on the board by right and I am nervous that having too many non professional directors on the board will muddy the decision making process and cause discord.

Carheenlea
12-03-2019, 12:18 PM
1000 votes cast to date, and with this thread slipping down to page four it looks like it’s all went a bit quiet. Still two weeks left to vote.

CMurdoch
12-03-2019, 12:30 PM
1000 votes cast to date, and with this thread slipping down to page four it looks like it’s all went a bit quiet. Still two weeks left to vote.

2316 votes last time. If your figure of 1,000 votes to date suggests interest in the role is falling off.

Weststandwanab
21-03-2019, 10:39 AM
2316 votes last time. If your figure of 1,000 votes to date suggests interest in the role is falling off.

Just received an e-mail reminder from the club to say that I have not voted yet.

Many thanks to the club for the reminder.

I voted for Kieran Power on the basis of the videos on view.

Best of luck to whomever wins.

GGTTH

The Baldmans Comb
21-03-2019, 10:57 AM
Kieran Power for me as well.

Time for a fresh approach and he comes across really well.

Hermit Crab
21-03-2019, 04:47 PM
Totally forgot about this, thats how important it is.

Iggy Pope
21-03-2019, 05:57 PM
In these squabblesome political times, I wonder how a referendum would go if we were to vote on the question of doing away with this time wasting debacle full stop.

Since452
21-03-2019, 06:12 PM
Complete and utter pointless role.

Skol
21-03-2019, 07:41 PM
I thought about replying to my chaser e-mail to explain my reasons for not voting.

I havent yet sent it.

Peevemor
22-03-2019, 06:05 PM
I think they're all good candidates with, unfortunately, the exception of Frank Dougan. Refusal to communicate via the internet is ludicrous in this day and age, especially when you're meant to be representing literally thousands of people.

Although I'm impressed by the 2 younger guys, I voted for Colin Pryde. I like and can relate to his comment about being long enough in the tooth to be unaffected by any stick coming his way. Keeping a cool head and presenting reasoned argument is important in any committee situation and he appears to have these qualities.

Apologies to the others who may be equally capable but I only have these short videos to go on.

As for those who insist it's a waste of time, how do you know? Just because the previous post holders haven't proclaimed their own merits in public it doesn't mean that they haven't achieved anything.

People can either sit back and complain or they can get off their backsides, get their hands dirty and try to change things for the better. All of these guys are ready to do the latter and deserve our respect and support.

matty_f
22-03-2019, 06:46 PM
I think they're all good candidates with, unfortunately, the exception of Frank Dougan. Refusal to communicate via the internet is ludicrous in this day and age, especially when you're meant to be representing literally thousands of people.

Although I'm impressed by the 2 younger guys, I voted for Colin Pryde. I like and can relate to his comment about being long enough in the tooth to be unaffected by any stick coming his way. Keeping a cool head and presenting reasoned argument is important in any committee situation and he appears to have these qualities.

Apologies to the others who may be equally capable but I only have these short videos to go on.

As for those who insist it's a waste of time, how do you know? Just because the previous post holders haven't proclaimed their own merits in public it doesn't mean that they haven't achieved anything.

People can either sit back and complain or they can get off their backsides, get their hands dirty and try to change things for the better. All of these guys are ready to do the latter and deserve our respect and support.

Good post.