PDA

View Full Version : SPL Players Out Of Contract in May

CMurdoch
04-03-2019, 12:27 PM
118 Scottish Premiership players out of contract in the summer.

I have picked a winger and 5 defenders from the list, all under the age of 32, that i think might be worth a pre contract approach:

Mickel Miller, Hamilton, aged 23, winger, hit my radar this month
Joe Shaugnessy, St Johnstone, aged 26, centre half, Aberdeen apparently keen on him
Brian Easton, St Johnstone, aged 30, full back, just coming back for a long injury
Lee Wallace, Rangers, aged 31, full back, hasn't played much since falling out with his club along with Kenny Miller
Craig Halkett, Livingston, aged 23, centre half, both Hearts and Hibs are apparently keen on him.
Declan Gallagher, Livingston, aged 28, centre half,

If I could take 3, i would take Halkett, Shaughnessy and a wild card, Miller

Other than the Hibs players that we constantly speak about, I see Lewis Allan, innes Murray and Andrew Blake are also out of contract this summer. I would let Allan & Blake go. I have never seen Innes Murray play so don't have an opinion on him. What do you think about these guys?

Below is the link to the 118 players
Any players on it you think we should sign on a pre contract? (other than Shinnie or Mackay-Steven)

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/every-scottish-premiership-player-out-of-contract-this-summer-1-4881958?page=1

04Sauzee
04-03-2019, 12:32 PM
Halkett I like but Jambos reckon they have him. Gallagher is huge and would be great at CB or RB but rumours are he's signed a pre-contract with Motherwell. Miller I really like the look off

The 90+2
04-03-2019, 12:40 PM
Cammy Kerr, Ziggy Gordon, Mikel Miller, Chris Burke, Matthew Knox, Craig Halkett, Tony Watt, Joe Shaughnessy.

I presume our shopping will be had Down South this summer though.

CMurdoch
04-03-2019, 01:26 PM
Cammy Kerr, Ziggy Gordon, Mikel Miller, Chris Burke, Matthew Knox, Craig Halkett, Tony Watt, Joe Shaughnessy.

I presume our shopping will be had Down South this summer though.

Matthew Knox has disappeared from view this season. Any reason?
Chris Burke has been a revelation.
Ziggy has looked poor since he returned.
Tony Watt would do well to stay where he is if St J want him
Cammy Kerr is an interesting young player.

Re down south, the manager is bound to have a few players down south that have played for him before and he thinks are better than what we have.

Lago
04-03-2019, 04:52 PM
I was just thinking about the number of loan players we have, does anyone know who else will be out of contract, seems like it will be a big big rebuild for Heckingbottom & Stockdale.

Sioux
04-03-2019, 05:09 PM
None of them. Thankfully PH’s eyesight will stretch further than 2nd rate Spfl players.

The Modfather
04-03-2019, 05:10 PM
Matthew Knox has disappeared from view this season. Any reason?
Chris Burke has been a revelation.
Ziggy has looked poor since he returned.
Tony Watt would do well to stay where he is if St J want him
Cammy Kerr is an interesting young player.

Re down south, the manager is bound to have a few players down south that have played for him before and he thinks are better than what we have.

Is Matthew Knox the midfield at Livi? I remember reading about Man U watching him when he was in and around the first team at 16. Never heard of him again until now so no idea how he’s progressed or if another John Fleck case of over hyping a player.

04Sauzee
04-03-2019, 05:23 PM
Is Matthew Knox the midfield at Livi? I remember reading about Man U watching him when he was in and around the first team at 16. Never heard of him again until now so no idea how he’s progressed or if another John Fleck case of over hyping a player.

Sheffield Utd fans rave about John Fleck. Should be playing in the Sheffield derby on TV tonight

Leitherhibs
04-03-2019, 05:30 PM
Sheffield Utd fans rave about John Fleck. Should be playing in the Sheffield derby on TV tonight

The blades I know always look in disbelief that he doesn't get in the Scotland Squad, they rate him as their most important player and FWIW I think they'll be a Premier League side next year.

Leitherhibs
04-03-2019, 05:31 PM
Would take Shaughnessy and Wallace. I know Wallace probably wouldn't be that popular with most of our support but he's better than what we have at the minute.

tamig
04-03-2019, 05:38 PM
I didn’t know Mikel Miller was out of contract. Looked excellent against us and has looked impressive any time I’ve seen him since.

Unseen work
04-03-2019, 08:12 PM
Would take the following

Miller - Impressed in his first season here, skilful, pace and an exciting prospect st 23

Shaugnessy - One of Saints best players and is a very solid centre half that is used to the league. We are desperate for a new look Defence imo.

Kerr - again only 23 and for me would be a good addition to compete with/provide cover for Gray as we know his injury history.

calumhibee1
05-03-2019, 08:14 AM
Would take Shaughnessy and Wallace. I know Wallace probably wouldn't be that popular with most of our support but he's better than what we have at the minute.

Likewise. Wallace would be a very good option and Shaugnessy would be good back up to Porto and Hanlon (or replace Hanlon if he can’t recapture his form).