PDA

View Full Version : NHC Apart from the yams and the OF do you hate any teams because of somebody you know?

G B Young
04-03-2019, 11:33 AM
I put on the telly yesterday just as Inverness were scoring their winner against Dundee United and found myself instinctively saying 'get in!'. Why? Because many moons ago I used to work with a United fan who was one of the biggest tossers I've ever come across. Not seen him for years, but I continue to take a degree of pleasure in seeing United struggle because of him!

If it wasn't for this I probably wouldn't bother too much one way or the other about a team like United. Anyone else got similar issues? It's easy to say Hearts, Rangers or Celtic because I think we probably all know a few tw*ts who support them, so I'm talking more about teams who you might otherwise deem relatively inoffensive.

Northernhibee
04-03-2019, 11:36 AM
Aberdeen.

Green Man
04-03-2019, 11:39 AM
Bradford City. I used to know a guy who supports them who was a dick. I don’t hate them but it does give me pleasure when I see them losing.

calumhibee1
04-03-2019, 11:45 AM
I don’t care about English football enough to hate them but I always enjoy seeing Newcastle and Liverpool get beat.

RoslinInstHibby
04-03-2019, 11:51 AM
Falkirk, worked with a guy who is on the board, complete erse of a man. One of those type of fans who's team can do no wrong as is better at everything. Despised the club ever since

The 90+2
04-03-2019, 11:52 AM
Morton.

St Mirren the opposite.

basehibby
04-03-2019, 12:30 PM
Chelsea - worked w a couple of Chelsea fans once and both were arrogant toasters - one in particular I could not stand. Ever since - despite meeting some really cool Chelsea fans in the interim - I have loved it when they get beat just to imagine wiping the smug grins off the faces of my former colleagues.

hfc rd
04-03-2019, 12:34 PM
Arsenal & Liverpool

Smartie
04-03-2019, 01:15 PM
I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but I used to really like those green jackets that the Green Brigade have all started wearing.

A perfectly decent item of clothing ruined by association with that shower of fuds.

Keith_M
04-03-2019, 01:21 PM
Bayern Munich.

Their Support is the most arrogant bunch of g1ts I've ever met and I had to work beside a few people in Munich that weren't even German, never mind Bavarian, but claimed to be Bayern supporters. They managed to assume the same level of arrogance and smugness as an actual Bayern fan, despite only ever having attended one or two games.

I have a funny feeling Hibrandenburg is going to back me up on this as well....

Franck Stanton
04-03-2019, 01:22 PM
Cowdenbeath & East Fife. Worked with two R.Soles who supported them. Two of the most selfish, obnoxious people you could ever meet.

StevesFamau5
04-03-2019, 01:25 PM
Raith Rovers....

Back in my school days everyone was either sevco or septic. But there was one wee d*ck of a boy who used to give me grief all the time for not having a broad Scottish accent. He was a Raith fan.

To cut a long story short I hated the hook nosed pr*ck, so every time I see them get beat or if we beat them I really really enjoy it. :greengrin

Also dislike Leeds, just because they have the arrogance of the ugly sisters despite being distinctly average :tee hee:

Keith_M
04-03-2019, 01:28 PM
This is probably quite a bit off-topic but I've actually met a Catholic Rangers Fan (from Tillicoultry)

I mean, what's that all about?

StevesFamau5
04-03-2019, 01:29 PM
Bradford City. I used to know a guy who supports them who was a dick. I don’t hate them but it does give me pleasure when I see them losing.

did we work together? :faf:

To be fair having been to a few Bradford games, there are a few numpties who are living off the League Cup run expecting a Bournemouth style fairytale.

J-C
04-03-2019, 01:32 PM
Chelsea, ever since Abramowitz took over, turned into the Rangers of England.

Bostonhibby
04-03-2019, 01:40 PM
This is probably quite a bit off-topic but I've actually met a Catholic Rangers Fan (from Tillicoultry)

I mean, what's that all about?My cousins one of them kaffliks who supports Sevco. He spends quite a bit of time watching Hibs with his Hibs supporting kids as he doesn't want them involved in all the hate he associates with Sevco. It's great.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2019, 01:41 PM
Man City because of their Jonny come lately fans who they’re the best team in world.

Everton because of their fans who genuinely believe that they are the people’s club and can’t face the fact of how many out of towners they also have in their support.

Man Utd because SDG on here will be laughing at Liverpool

Haymaker
04-03-2019, 01:54 PM
Chelsea, ever since Abramowitz took over, turned into the Rangers of England.

They've always been The Rangers of England?

Pretty Boy
04-03-2019, 02:01 PM
Aberdeen, Aberdeen and Aberdeen again. A support made up of arrogant roasters. Worse than Hearts and that's saying something.

Famous Fiver
04-03-2019, 02:26 PM
Don't know her personally but Hearts because of that woman Doyle. Was enjoying the Athletics last night until her face spoiled my viewing.

I take great pleasure every time they lose.

surreyhibbie
04-03-2019, 02:30 PM
MK Dons because I guy I worked beside was a fanatic.

also a grade 1 dick

easty
04-03-2019, 02:36 PM
Arsenal. Not so much nowadays, as they've almost accepted that they're nowhere near the best teams now. Back when Wenger was in charge though, and with the likes of Fabregas and Wilshere...could not stand them. The attitude they had. We play football the right way. If you don't play like us you might as well just go and die, before you ruin football as a game. Always an excuse. Never a fault in them. On top of that, there was never a player in the world doing moderately well, that Wenger didn't have to tell us...I almost signed him. Did you aye? Give it a rest. My brother loves Arsenal, and he's a Hibs fan turned Hertz fan, so even if it wasn't for all the above, I'd have found a reason to hate Arsenal.

Klopp is actually starting to do my head in a bit at Liverpool too. Excuse after excuse after excuse.

Peevemor
04-03-2019, 03:01 PM
Falkirk. The guy in question was OK, but turned into a total zoomer when the talk turned to football.

Hibeesmad
04-03-2019, 03:07 PM
Aberdeen and Falkirk.

Worked with an Aberdeen fan who was a bit of a p****

After the defeat to Falkirk in the play offs, a boy saw the flag in our car and started to smack on the windows giving some abuse, got out the car and he ran away. Hope they get relegated and I see him again one day.

ScottB
04-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Portsmouth, as my Dad’s from there, hate him, hate them haha

Was quite enjoyable when they imploded really...

vuefrom1875
04-03-2019, 03:26 PM
Don't know her personally but Hearts because of that woman Doyle. Was enjoying the Athletics last night until her face spoiled my viewing.

She's warming up for Cheltenham 😁

worcesterhibby
04-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Used to work for a Leeds Supporter who was the biggest dick I have ever met...been wanting them to lose ever since.

Here’s Lucy!
04-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Manchester City.

MyJo
04-03-2019, 03:36 PM
Used to quite like Arsenal until I started to see Arsenal Fan TV clips on facebook.

Innit blud!

Yuillsy
04-03-2019, 03:39 PM
Dundee and Aberdeen. Worked with a guy who was a total idiot that supported Dundee. Also had the misfortune of spending some time in a pub with some Aberdeen fans who were the biggest bunch of roasters ever!!
Love seeing both of them getting beat when I think of them!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
04-03-2019, 03:41 PM
Bayern Munich.

Their Support is the most arrogant bunch of g1ts I've ever met and I had to work beside a few people in Munich that weren't even German, never mind Bavarian, but claimed to be Bayern supporters. They managed to assume the same level of arrogance and smugness as an actual Bayern fan, despite only ever having attended one or two games.

I have a funny feeling Hibrandenburg is going to back me up on this as well....

Saw Bayern play Eintracht in 2013. As you say the most arrogant bunch of fans i've met.

Jim44
04-03-2019, 04:25 PM
Any team with Mourinho in charge. God knows what I’ll do if he ends up at ER one day.:greengrin

kaimendhibs
04-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Spurs, because of a total helmet I met on holiday a few years back

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
04-03-2019, 04:33 PM

I mean, what's that all about?
The guy who was my best man (and me his) is a Rangers fan and practicing Roman Catholic. As you say a strange combination.....

Carheenlea
04-03-2019, 04:44 PM
It isn’t a coincidence that the biggest roasters in my town support Rangers and Hearts. Never came across anyone who supports other teams that has offended me enough to wish them ill fortune. I’m the opposite and actually enjoy my non Hibs supporting friends teams losing and get a lot of pleasure out of it. They’re the same with Hibs and me.

PeeKay
04-03-2019, 04:45 PM
I had to work for a while with a Motherwell-supporting woman who was the most vindictive person I have ever met - particularly towards other, more junior women. Totally irrational I know, but every time Motherwell lose I remember her and think GIRFUY!

The 90+2
04-03-2019, 04:46 PM
Falkirk. The guy in question was OK, but turned into a total zoomer when the talk turned to football.

Was it Peter Houston?

Besties Debut
04-03-2019, 04:51 PM
I wouldn't say I hate them but I enjoy when Brazil get beat. I met enough of their fans at France 98 to come to the decision that they are amongst the most up themselves folk I have ever come across. Their sense of superiority over everyone else was suffocating.

Here’s Lucy!
04-03-2019, 04:53 PM
Saw Bayern play Eintracht in 2013. As you say the most arrogant bunch of fans i've met.

Hard to comprehend that German folk are arrogant.

Iggy Pope
04-03-2019, 04:55 PM
Dundee United. Prick around the corner used to love giving it all the 1902 ***** and when I reminded him that we had as many Scottish Cup wins as they did he spraffed all the ‘not in my lifetime’ bollox. I now remind him (whenever I take my foot out his gob) that it didn’t all start with his auld man making the mistake of meeting his whore of a mother and thereby creating him, that it’s 3-2 to us now (you weasel faced relegated ****) and that we’re already beating his pitiful mob on every other count too.

Over and above the obvious suspects, I’ve never met a fan of Aberdeen, Motherwell, Falkirk, Man United or Spurs that I didn’t want to throttle. I’d throttle most Spurs players. Especially Harry Kane, Deli Alli, Lamella and Erikson. And Son. Roy Hodgson is a tosser too. Dunfermline fans also had a spell when they were somehow up themselves. Hate Real Madrid too. Any club that Sam Allardyce manages. And fans of most Scandinavian sides we’ve encountered recently are on the **** list.

Cant stand any of them basically.

Besties Debut
04-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Hard to comprehend that German folk are arrogant. That's stereotypical. The fans of St Pauli are amongst the most welcoming and friendly you will meet.

Hibernia&Alba
04-03-2019, 05:03 PM
Hard to comprehend that German folk are arrogant.

There are 90 million or so Germans. I'm sure not all of them are arrogant, any more than all 6 million Scots are heavy drinking, bad tempered misers. I am, but not everyone is :greengrin

we are hibs
04-03-2019, 05:05 PM
Liverpool And Aberdeen. Two supports living off of bygone years sucessess to disguise the fact they have won **** all of note for years. Both arrogant too. Hopefully Both go bust tomorrow.

Here’s Lucy!
04-03-2019, 05:11 PM
There are 90 million or so Germans. I'm sure not all of them are arrogant, any more than all 6 million Scots are heavy drinking, bad tempered misers. I am, but not everyone is :greengrin

:greengrin Ah, but at least you are witty!!

Unlike the 90 million Germans.

Hibernian32
04-03-2019, 05:21 PM
Motherwell, when the yams went into admin they played Motherwell away and Motherwell gave them a extra pound on every ticket sold from both the home and away end.

Jones28
04-03-2019, 05:26 PM
Dundee United, my wife's boss is one and he's a grade A roaster.

My bosses are Dunfermline fans and they're not so bad.

Leitherhibs
04-03-2019, 05:34 PM
Chelsea - No explanation required here

Leeds Utd - As above

Millwall - As above

Man City - Tin pot club, feel some sympathy for the minority of their real fans

Morton - Coz Jim Duffeh

Real Madrid - Elitist football club, no time for that

OstKurve Hibs
04-03-2019, 05:59 PM
I wouldn't say I hate them but I enjoy when Brazil get beat. I met enough of their fans at France 98 to come to the decision that they are amongst the most up themselves folk I have ever come across. Their sense of superiority over everyone else was suffocating.

Im guessing they wI'll all be the toffee nosed rich Brazilians that'll follow them to world cups as your average Brazilian wouldn't be able to afford it, I watched a documentary recently that said normal workin class Brazilians have even been priced out of watching the national team play at the maracana.

brianmc
04-03-2019, 06:31 PM
Motherwell. Goes back to the dark days around the mercer stuff and us almost going out of existence. Being taunted by the shell suit wearing, toothless junkie *******s waving 20 pound notes at us 😡😡😡.....

And then a short while later we survived, won the Skol Cup - and the Tories shut down Ravenscraig!

Oops - suddenly those 20 pound notes were as scarce as a properly aligned tooth in a 'Well fans gob.

And here we are a quarter of a century later - we're still from the Capital and they're STILL from a *****hole.

Pleasing.

CLASS OF 72 -73
04-03-2019, 07:05 PM
Man City because of their Jonny come lately fans who they’re the best team in world.

Everton because of their fans who genuinely believe that they are the people’s club and can’t face the fact of how many out of towners they also have in their support.

Everton are the peoples team - people out of town namely Wrexham!

.Sean.
04-03-2019, 07:14 PM
The opposite of hate I have quite a bit of time for Motherwell as by coincidence I’m in contact with a few Well fans. One of my best mates and his dad and brother follows them home and away, my girlfriends grandad has supported them all his days, as does her best pals fiancé, and my dad has a few pals from years back I’ve met a few times. Really refreshing to see people from that neck of the woods following their local side as they should instead of being a bigot and following an arsecheek.

Aside from the obvious big 4 I hate Hamilton. Definition of tinpot

Keith_M
04-03-2019, 07:15 PM
Dundee United. Prick around the corner used to love giving it all the 1902 ***** and when I reminded him that we had as many Scottish Cup wins as they did he spraffed all the ‘not in my lifetime’ bollox. I now remind him (whenever I take my foot out his gob) that it didn’t all start with his auld man making the mistake of meeting his whore of a mother and thereby creating him, that it’s 3-2 to us now (you weasel faced relegated ****) and that we’re already beating his pitiful mob on every other count too.

Over and above the obvious suspects, I’ve never met a fan of Aberdeen, Motherwell, Falkirk, Man United or Spurs that I didn’t want to throttle. I’d throttle most Spurs players. Especially Harry Kane, Deli Alli, Lamella and Erikson. And Son. Roy Hodgson is a tosser too. Dunfermline fans also had a spell when they were somehow up themselves. Hate Real Madrid too. Any club that Sam Allardyce manages. And fans of most Scandinavian sides we’ve encountered recently are on the **** list.

Iggy, do you have anger management issues?

:greengrin

Keith_M
04-03-2019, 07:18 PM

Germans do have a sense of humour.

They're currently p1ss1ng themselves at the UK's attempt at Brexit.

Pagan Hibernia
05-03-2019, 05:05 AM
Non-Scouse Liverpool fans are amongst the most arrogant and obnoxious you’ll come across. The complete opposite of genuine Liverpudlians from the city.

norhfc
05-03-2019, 05:39 AM
Grimsby, while working down south in the 80s I had to share a room with a big Grimsby fan. When the job was finished he left early next morning...with my leather jacket 😡
Norwegian Liverpool fans, some of them try speak scouse and fly flags from their houses on match days...delusional.

Hibbyradge
05-03-2019, 08:42 AM
Unfortunately, given where I live, I've disliked Leeds United since the 80s because of someone I worked beside when I lived in London. I'm trying to like Leeds, but it's quite a challenge.

I have disliked Steven Gerrard for a long time and that spread into a dislike of Liverpool.

I've not much time for Chelsea or Man City because of their new money, but I've become a bit more relaxed about the later recently.

I'd prefer City won the league than Liverpool.

Hibbyradge
05-03-2019, 08:46 AM

:faf:

Hibbyradge
05-03-2019, 08:49 AM

German joke;

You fire a gun at a rabbit and it misses by an inch to the left.

You shoot again, and it misses by an inch to the right.

By the law of averages, the rabbit is dead.

Hibbyradge
05-03-2019, 08:50 AM
Im guessing they wI'll all be the toffee nosed rich Brazilians that'll follow them to world cups as your average Brazilian wouldn't be able to afford it, I watched a documentary recently that said normal workin class Brazilians have even been priced out of watching the national team play at the maracana.

That's the same in most countries.

calumhibee1
05-03-2019, 09:00 AM
Brazilians have even been priced out of watching the national team play at the maracana.

A lot of Scottish people will be the same with Scotland at Hampden. An adult and two kids for a competitive international is probably £100 or so just for tickets.

Stokesy's on fire
05-03-2019, 09:09 AM
Dundee and Aberdeen. Worked with a guy who was a total idiot that supported Dundee. Also had the misfortune of spending some time in a pub with some Aberdeen fans who were the biggest bunch of roasters ever!!
Love seeing both of them getting beat when I think of them!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If Aberdeen was a big club their fans would take over from Old firm fans as biggest roasters ever horrible fans full of delusions

Scott Allan Key
05-03-2019, 09:19 AM
I had a Welsh-Brummie flatmate at Leeds university who was a complete tosspot. So ‘**** on the Villa (except McGinn).’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
05-03-2019, 10:25 AM

:faf: I actually don't dislike Liverpool for any particular reason, it's quite irrational to be honest. I know a couple of Liverpool fans "in real life" and also yourself and never found a problem with any of them.

Spike Mandela
05-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Schadenfreude is one of the greatest emotions experienced while supporting a football club.

Sad to say (admittedly) that until I first seen Hibs win a trophy first hand in ‘91 my greatest football memories all involved some kind of schadenfreude.

stuart-farquhar
05-03-2019, 12:09 PM
Unfortunately, given where I live, I've disliked Leeds United since the 80s because of someone I worked beside when I lived in London. I'm trying to like Leeds, but it's quite a challenge.

I have disliked Steven Gerrard for a long time and that spread into a dislike of Liverpool.

I've not much time for Chelsea or Man City because of their new money, but I've become a bit more relaxed about the later recently.

I'd prefer City won the league than Liverpool.

With you on the Leeds thing. Very hard to just dislike them!

Keith_M
05-03-2019, 12:25 PM
Schadenfreude is one of the greatest emotions experienced while supporting a football club.

Sad to say (admittedly) that until I first seen Hibs win a trophy first hand in ‘91 my greatest football memories all involved some kind of schadenfreude.

And we're back onto the German Humour again...

Here's a German joke, translated into English.

Three guys in a Bar, a Preuzen, a Bayer and a Schwabe. Each of the guys are drinking a Stein of Bier, and a fly lands in their glasses.

The Preuzen says, in a snooty voice, "Herr Ober, take away my glass immediately and bring me a new one. It is filthy".

The Bayer takes the fly out of the Bier and says, "Oh well, Bier is Bier", and finishes it anyway.

The Schwabe reaches into his Bier, lifts the fly, holds it to his face and says angrily, "I paid for that Bier, so spit anything you drank straight back into my glass! Immediately"

Bishop Hibee
05-03-2019, 01:01 PM
I knew a Portsmouth fan who was a total roaster. In addition I’ve been to see Southampton with a good bloke a few years back. Pompey bought the FA Cup with money they didn’t have. Sound similar to any Scottish teams?!?

Here’s Lucy!
05-03-2019, 01:49 PM
'Dirty Leeds' is an urban myth.

beensaidbefore
06-03-2019, 06:16 PM
Manchester City.

Mee too. Used to hope they did well in the late 90 with players like Dikov & Kinkladze. That all changed when they got the big money investment from Thailand, made worse by the current owners. Same as Chelsea, bought titles = horrible

One Day
06-03-2019, 06:47 PM

I want her to loose every time too, even if it was an Olympic final I'd want her last.

WoreTheGreen
06-03-2019, 07:03 PM
I want her to loose every time too, even if it was an Olympic final I'd want her last.

I’ve backed her at cheltenham

Mixu62
06-03-2019, 11:58 PM
Used to have a soft spot for West Brom until I met a bar manager in Auckland who was a baggie. Tried to chat about Mowbray etc but he was such an arrogant w****r that within 5 minutes I was suddenly a fan of Wolves, Villa, Birmingham City....basically any of West Brom's near neighbours that they hate.