PDA

View Full Version : Hibs billing Celtic for broken seats in South Stand.

we are hibs
04-03-2019, 07:00 AM
According to today's papers.

Expect more of the same on Friday as 3800 drunken huns arrive in Leith.

CallumLaidlaw
04-03-2019, 07:01 AM
I dunno why this makes the news. I think this is fairly standard practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are hibs
04-03-2019, 07:04 AM

Less broken seats if we give them less seats to break. That's all I'm saying about it. (I know we had to give Celtic the full stand but not rangers.)

Nutmegged
04-03-2019, 07:43 AM
Whilst this isn't great, I'm not overly fussed by it, they foot the bill, it gets sorted before the next game and hooefully we add on a few 'expenses' to it

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2019, 07:49 AM
The Police and stewards were happy to let the green brigade stand on their seats for the entire match on Saturday evening.

04-03-2019, 09:45 AM

I think it should be mandatory to publish these figures for all matches. This sort of thing is part of the problem with Scottish football at the moment and it shouldn't be swept under the carpet, it should be highlighted. If clubs are being embarrassed about the extent of damage their fans are causing it should hopefully spur them into taking action against the perpetrators.

The type of person who throws coins or bottles are also likely to be breaking seats. If you ban the seat breakers you'll be eradicating some of the coin/bottle throwers too.

GreenCastle
04-03-2019, 09:53 AM
I think it should be mandatory to publish these figures for all matches. This sort of thing is part of the problem with Scottish football at the moment and it shouldn't be swept under the carpet, it should be highlighted. If clubs are being embarrassed about the extent of damage their fans are causing it should hopefully spur them into taking action against the perpetrators.

The type of person who throws coins or bottles are also likely to be breaking seats. If you ban the seat breakers you'll be eradicating some of the coin/bottle throwers too.

Agreed - Celtic have history of this - precious at Fir Park / Rugby Park etc.

Instead it’s club has an agreement and will pay for damage..for me that’s just brushing it under carpet. Celtic and Hibs should take action and reduce allocation until they can learn how to behave at someone’s house.

Aberdeen flooded the disabled toilet in South Upper a few weeks ago which led to flooding in below offices also.

Scottish football needs to get a grip as it’s turning into a farce on and off the pitch.

Gatecrasher
04-03-2019, 09:57 AM
The Police and stewards were happy to let the green brigade stand on their seats for the entire match on Saturday evening.

Did you see them their uniforms? :hilarious

Carheenlea
04-03-2019, 12:22 PM

I passed a boy before the game heading along to away end wearing the paramilitary style parka - guy was aged about 60 :hilarious

.Sean.
04-03-2019, 12:51 PM
I did see that.

I also wish I’d seen them on their toes getting chased up Easter Road by a load of Hibs which is the rumour. The Green Brigade are a bunch of IRA sympathising ****s, hate them and everything they stand for. Weegie jakeballs

Kojock
04-03-2019, 12:54 PM

Mentioned that at the game about them being dressed the same. Thought The Mods were making a comeback.

Lago
04-03-2019, 12:59 PM

Sad reflection on Scottish football.

CallumLaidlaw
04-03-2019, 01:01 PM
Sad reflection on Scottish football.

I meant the billing of damage. But your point is still valid.

CapitalGreen
04-03-2019, 02:11 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dk4sH_wW4AAOx3m.jpg

After a game v Patrick 😂😂

Green jacket, blue jeans + a pair of Adidas [insert a capital city here] trainers.

Paisley Hibby
04-03-2019, 02:13 PM
Best fans in the World; apparently. Did the same at Rugby Park in their previous game. Wrecking stuff at away matches seems to be a plastic paddy speciality.

HoboHarry
04-03-2019, 02:14 PM
Whilst this isn't great, I'm not overly fussed by it, they foot the bill, it gets sorted before the next game and hooefully we add on a few 'expenses' to it
I thought I had read at one point that clubs sent their own people to repair damage at other grounds to avoid the extra "expenses".

Keith_M
04-03-2019, 02:14 PM
I did see that.

I also wish I’d seen them on their toes getting chased up Easter Road by a load of Hibs which is the rumour. The Green Brigade are a bunch of IRA sympathising ****s, hate them and everything they stand for. Weegie jakeballs

They were like mice when I walked up ER after the game.

I mus be getting grumpy in my old age cos I really wanted to punch at least one of them. I know, I'm pathetic.

.Sean.
04-03-2019, 02:17 PM
They were like mice when I walked up ER after the game.

I mus be getting grumpy in my old age cos I really wanted to punch at least one of them. I know, I'm pathetic.
That’s your challenge right there next time they’re in town :cb

Keith_M
04-03-2019, 02:24 PM
That’s your challenge right there next time they’re in town :cb

I haven't chased Celtc fans round Edinburgh for a few years now, so I'm not sure the auld legs would cope.

:wink:

Famous Fiver
04-03-2019, 03:30 PM
Kiddy on IRA.

Really makes you want to weep and Celtic could wipe it out if they wanted but it's worth too much money to them.

By all means emphasise their Southern Irish connections but dressing up and calling themselves a 'brigade'?

Beyond pathetic.

jacomo
04-03-2019, 07:39 PM

I think it should keep making headlines until the behaviour stops. It’s embarrassing and ridiculous.

Iggy Pope
04-03-2019, 07:40 PM

Celtic travel stewards.

Besties Debut
04-03-2019, 07:48 PM
One of their banners said Largs Brigade. I can see them sitting in tea rooms on the promenade with their balaclavas on

Carheenlea
04-03-2019, 07:56 PM
Celtic travel stewards.

Why are they allowed their own stewards? When you saw the nick of the gang of stewards that were causing havoc at Dens Park, some more robust stewarding of Celtic fans at ER might not be a bad idea. If going to happen if they supply their own.

monktonharp
05-03-2019, 02:33 AM
was at Dens a couple of weeks back and cant remember seeing one damaged seat. there was a few young guys in front of us, giving it laldy but none of them getting out of order, so much that they needed to wreck chairs. what's the point? costs the club money, tarnishes the image etc. I like to hear a voracious respose/shout from our boys but to turn round and wreck the place, silly stuff.:confused:

Hibeesmad
05-03-2019, 04:03 AM
was at Dens a couple of weeks back and cant remember seeing one damaged seat. there was a few young guys in front of us, giving it laldy but none of them getting out of order, so much that they needed to wreck chairs. what's the point? costs the club money, tarnishes the image etc. I like to hear a voracious respose/shout from our boys but to turn round and wreck the place, silly stuff.:confused:

It’s also criminal damage, surely cctv can pick up the culprits

Todi114
05-03-2019, 06:04 AM
Stopped a young guy trying to smash a seat in famous 5 upper near the end of Saturday nights game

cabbageandribs1875
05-03-2019, 06:41 AM
Stopped a young guy trying to smash a seat in famous 5 upper near the end of Saturday nights game

that doesn't count though

Keith_M
05-03-2019, 08:06 AM
Kiddy on IRA.

Really makes you want to weep and Celtic could wipe it out if they wanted but it's worth too much money to them.

By all means emphasise their Southern Irish connections but dressing up and calling themselves a 'brigade'?

Beyond pathetic.

:agree:

Celtc and The Rangers only condemn their fans behaviour when pushed, and even then it's only lip service.

My personal view is that anybody with any sense of decency would have nothing to do with a club where large parts of its supporters praise the IRA / sing sectarian songs at EVERY game (before anybody asks, I've covered both clubs).

.Sean.
05-03-2019, 08:36 AM
Why would you ever even contemplate that. What a wee fanny

Besties Debut
05-03-2019, 09:30 AM
Why would you ever even contemplate that. What a wee fanny Its just attention seeking. ''Look how upset I am'' ..
Needy and immature

McD
05-03-2019, 03:31 PM
I did see that.

:agree:

Bunch of mouthy wee ********s, always on the lookout for something to complain about or rail against, be it poppies, Brendan Rodgers, rangers fans. Trouble making, entitled, arrogant wee ****bags