PDA

View Full Version : Moving the Singing Section Back - Petition

HibsG
03-03-2019, 05:18 PM
Petition to get the Singing Section moved back near section 43 or behind the goals:

https://www.change.org/p/hibernian-board-since-1875-back-to-the-east?utm_medium=pet_copylink_3

Hermit Crab
03-03-2019, 05:22 PM
Petition to get the Singing Section moved back near section 43 or behind the goals:

https://www.change.org/p/hibernian-board-since-1875-back-to-the-east?utm_medium=pet_copylink_3

They're already behind the goals. Also do you represent the views of all members off the singing section? :confused:

Also I'm afraid to say its highly unlikely they'll ever get the middle section behind the goals in the FFL

HibsG
03-03-2019, 05:29 PM
They're already behind the goals. Also do you represent the views of all members off the singing section? :confused:

Also I'm afraid to say its highly unlikely they'll ever get the middle section behind the goals in the FFL

Not my petition just sharing it.

BroxburnHibee
03-03-2019, 05:31 PM
I've said this before but I think they made a massive error when they agreed to move and think the club wont let them move back.

Hermit Crab
03-03-2019, 05:33 PM
I've said this before but I think they made a massive error when they agreed to move and think the club wont let them move back.

Agree, They did the club a massive favour and moved when they should have stuck to their guns and remained in the East.

FWIW I think they'd be much better in the East terrace.

SChibs
03-03-2019, 05:38 PM
I signed it but not for moving back to the east. For moving to directly behind the goals

Onion
Singing section in the FF has not worked. The stadium responds when the East stand get going. Hibs need to shift them back. Will be plenty of spare seats available next season, anyway :cb

Loved the Hibernian Fc banner by the way.

H18 SFR
I'd like to see them behind the dugouts in the West.

Hermit Crab
03-03-2019, 05:46 PM
I'd like to see them behind the dugouts in the West.

With free Prawn sandwiches handed out to them at halftime. :greengrin

Barney McGrew
03-03-2019, 05:51 PM

Agreed, and why should they? Hibs have already moved season ticket holders to give them where they are now, I don’t see why hundreds more should have to be booted out their seats because they’ve decided they don’t like it any more and want to move again.

coldingham hibs
03-03-2019, 05:57 PM
What club puts its most vociferous supporters in the furthest away corner of the stadium, really?.

Whoever made that decision clearly has no idea.

Itsnoteasy
03-03-2019, 05:57 PM
Agreed, and why should they? Hibs have already moved season ticket holders to give them where they are now, I don’t see why hundreds more should have to be booted out their seats because they’ve decided they don’t like it any more and want to move again.

10/10

Chuck Rhoades
03-03-2019, 05:59 PM
10/10

We’ve not decided anything. Petition nothing to do with the group.

danhibees1875
03-03-2019, 06:02 PM
No idea why the move happened in the first place but surely there would be no stopping them all just buying their season tickets in the east next year if they all wanted to move back? :dunno:

cabbageandribs1875
03-03-2019, 06:03 PM
What club puts its most vociferous supporters in the furthest away corner of the stadium, really?.

Whoever made that decision clearly has no idea.

good point

Bishop Hibee
03-03-2019, 06:07 PM
The group should never have moved/ been moved. I’m unclear on the history of it all. We effectively have two singing sections sometimes in competition with each other. The displays and backing are good though.

Leith Green
03-03-2019, 06:16 PM
Gladly signed by myself. Needs to be in the east stand near where it used to be. If the club care about improving the atmosphere then they have to look at doing it. Where it is currently situated is just plain daft , there is a whole lower tier of families etc splitting it from the bulk of the support. Lets see if the club put the fans 1st

Leith Green
03-03-2019, 06:20 PM

They should because its for the benefit of the team on matchdays.

mim
03-03-2019, 06:25 PM
Singing section is brilliant away from Easter Road.
Pretty naff stuck up in the corner of the FF tho.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2019, 06:26 PM
Dempster is incredibly stubborn, I doubt she'll change her mind.

Barney McGrew
03-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Lets see if the club put the fans 1st

Lets see indeed - they should be looking after season ticket holders rather than moving them for sake of a bunch of laddies with a drum and some flags on sticks :wink:

green day
03-03-2019, 06:28 PM

I thought it was worth bumping Ross response on this in case anyone starts giving the singing section lads a hard time.

Hermit Crab
03-03-2019, 06:29 PM
Not my petition just sharing it.

Better tell this guy then.

Keith_M
03-03-2019, 06:31 PM
The club last season let those with Season Tickets in Section 50 of the FF Upper know that they would be moved when this season ends.

As that section is being emptied, maybe the club are planning on moving the Singing Section into there. Would definitely be a better place to have it, in the middle of the stand and directly behind the goals. Those in section 43 would be able to see and hear them, and hopefully synchronize the songs in the two areas.

Leith Green
03-03-2019, 06:32 PM
Lets see indeed - they should be looking after season ticket holders rather than moving them for sake of a bunch of laddies with a drum and some flags on sticks :wink:

What if quite a lot of the season ticket holders around that area are happy to move , or would like to sit in amongst them. Seems a bit dismissive when you or the club dont know the facts.

Twiglet
03-03-2019, 06:32 PM
Gladly signed by myself. Needs to be in the east stand near where it used to be. If the club care about improving the atmosphere then they have to look at doing it. Where it is currently situated is just plain daft , there is a whole lower tier of families etc splitting it from the bulk of the support. Lets see if the club put the fans 1st

I'm a bit confused. You say "let's see if the club put the fans 1st", and to do this you'd want to see families in the lower FF moved to accommodate the singing section (I'm taking that from your comment about the FF lower)? So you'd put the fans in the singing section 1st, before the hundreds of people already sitting there so those fans would be put second?

Leith Green
03-03-2019, 06:33 PM
The club last season let those with Season Tickets in Section 50 of the FF Upper know that they would be moved when this season ends.

As that section is being emptied, maybe the club are planning on moving the Singing Section into there. Would definitely be a better place to have it, in the middle of the stand and directly behind the goals. Those in section 43 would be able to see and hear them, and hopefully synchronize the songs in the two areas.

Seems completely pointless having it above a whole tier of parents and wee bairns , especially as it is very rarely anywhere near full

marinello59
03-03-2019, 06:35 PM
They should because its for the benefit of the team on matchdays.

Only when they turn up. The singing section has been fairly sparsely populated during several games this season. Well done to the diehards in there who have been at every game.

Leith Green
03-03-2019, 06:36 PM
I'm a bit confused. You say "let's see if the club put the fans 1st", and to do this you'd want to see families in the lower FF moved to accommodate the singing section (I'm taking that from your comment about the FF lower)? So you'd put the fans in the singing section 1st, before the hundreds of people already sitting there so those fans would be put second?

I said id move them back into the east stand. It was some other bright sparks idea to move them into the famous five , god only knows what the club were thinking

Barney McGrew
03-03-2019, 06:37 PM
What if quite a lot of the season ticket holders around that area are happy to move , or would like to sit in amongst them. Seems a bit dismissive when you or the club dont know the facts.

It seems even more dismissive that season ticket holders who may have sat in the same seats since the East Stand was built nearly nine years ago should potentially be forced to have those guys around them or move their seats because the group want to take up a space in the East?

The fact is that the group were given the option to move to their ‘own’ section in the FF and took the decision to do so. If they don’t like it now and want to move then why should they be accommodated yet again ahead of other supporters? And what happens in a couple of years if they decide this new place doesn’t suit them either?

Keith_M
03-03-2019, 06:38 PM
Seems completely pointless having it above a whole tier of parents and wee bairns , especially as it is very rarely anywhere near full

Perhaps, but not as bad an idea as the suggestion of having 100 or so people standing at the front of the lower section and blocking the view of said parents and bairns.

Bizarrely that has been proposed on here a few times.

(I'd just like to point out, though, that I realize this proposal has not been made by the FF Upper Singing Section guys)

Leith Green
03-03-2019, 06:38 PM
Only when they turn up. The singing section has been fairly sparsely populated during several games this season. Well done to the diehards in there who have been at every game.

I cant see it from my seat to be honest. I think in the east there will be more people inclined to move into the singing section than what there would be now.

Leith Green
03-03-2019, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=Keekaboo;5728626]Perhaps, but not as bad an idea as the suggestion of having 100 or so people standing at the front of the lower section and blocking the view of said parents and bairns.

Bizarrely that has been proposed on here a few times.

Im not suggesting putting them into east lower. I just said the east stand

Keith_M
03-03-2019, 06:40 PM
.........potentially be forced to have those guys around them or move their seats because the group want to take up a space in the East?

.....If they don’t like it now and want to move then why should they be accommodated yet again ahead of other supporters? ...........

Please see this earlier reply...

Keith_M
03-03-2019, 06:42 PM
Im not suggesting putting them into east lower. I just said the east stand

I know, that was some other people's ideas.

Have you asked the guys what they want?

BegbieHSC

Was that not to create another hospitality section, or am I totally imagining that?

Regardless, the only good place in the FF for them would be the middle behind the goals. Maybe them being central might encourage an occasional clap from other punters in the stand. I sit in the section next to them, and me and my mate are the only ones in said row who bother to clap our hands for the “If you hate the ****ing jambos, clap your hands” chant. ������ Not having a go btw - more an observation the majority in the FF upper just aren’t up for singing/clapping - the biggest reason why it’s not working atm.

Nae chance will the club allow them to change section any time soon.

Bob1875
In the middle behind the goals surely the best option. Looked terrible on Tv last night with that part empty and you’ve got a full section up in the heavens that no one can see or hear.

Barney McGrew
03-03-2019, 06:43 PM
Please see this earlier reply...

The petition might not be anything to do with them directly, but IIRC they’ve already said they want to move from where they are at the moment.

Keith_M
03-03-2019, 06:44 PM
Was that not to create another hospitality section, or am I totally imagining that?

I honestly have no idea, it was pure speculation on my part.

You're probably right about the executive seating.

Leith Green
03-03-2019, 06:47 PM
It seems even more dismissive that season ticket holders who may have sat in the same seats since the East Stand was built nearly nine years ago should potentially be forced to have those guys around them or move their seats because the group want to take up a space in the East?

The fact is that the group were given the option to move to their ‘own’ section in the FF and took the decision to do so. If they don’t like it now and want to move then why should they be accommodated yet again ahead of other supporters? And what happens in a couple of years if they decide this new place doesn’t suit them either?

Surely the season ticket holders from 9 years ago would have been sitting with them for a large spell seeing thats where they were before.

Waxy
03-03-2019, 06:48 PM
Cant just keep moving the singing section when they feel like it.
Surely they campaigned for a while to get to the FF?

Leith Green
03-03-2019, 06:48 PM
I know, that was some other people's ideas.

Have you asked the guys what they want?

No the club would need to do that

Hibs Class
03-03-2019, 06:49 PM
Every season ticket holder should have the same right to renew their seat from season to season. I certainly would not accept any refusal by the club to renew my / my son's same seats. Not sure how that could be squared with any initiative to move any cohort of other ST holders.

Barney McGrew
03-03-2019, 06:49 PM
Surely the season ticket holders from 9 years ago would have been sitting with them for a large spell seeing thats where they were before.

That would depend where they were moved to.......

BegbieHSC
03-03-2019, 06:52 PM

The outcry about their placement isn’t from themselves. It’s from us on Hibs.net who cannae be arsed singing ourselves, but want a better atmosphere :wink:

Leith Green
03-03-2019, 06:56 PM
That would depend where they were moved to.......

Im meaning if they move back to section 43

Keith_M
03-03-2019, 07:03 PM
The outcry about their placement isn’t from themselves. It’s from us on Hibs.net who cannae be arsed singing ourselves, but want a better atmosphere :wink:

Maybe a petition to get the rest of us miserable sods to sing might be better then

:greengrin

I joined in the singing a few times in West Upper (Section 14) yesterday but only about two or three others did, and absolutely nobody near me. I'm normally in Section 2 and that's usually the same

In all seriousness, I find that stand too boring and plan to move to the East next season. Fair enough, if that's what the West is for (boring old farts), then so be it, I'll leave them to snore away in peace.

Weegreenman
03-03-2019, 07:20 PM
We need to do something quick because Easter Road is like a mortuary these days. I’ll sign anything that will change that.,

Hermit Crab
03-03-2019, 07:23 PM
We need to do something quick because Easter Road is like a mortuary these days. I’ll sign anything that will change that.,

The signing section have already said this petition is nothing to do with them. All thats going to happen here is that they're going to get pissed off with other people trying to tell them where to stand in the ground.

Swedish hibee
03-03-2019, 07:24 PM
As someone who watches every home game via Hibs TV- the FF lower isnt always full. So can you not combine the families at the left & right hand sides and singers in the middle?
Noone then has to move section, only seats and the singers are right in front to inspire our players.

Keith_M
03-03-2019, 07:26 PM

Funny you should say that, as I'm a Nigerian Prince and all you need to do is sign a cheque, and I have the answer to all your problems....

Keith_M
03-03-2019, 07:29 PM
As someone who watches every home game via Hibs TV- the FF lower isnt always full. So can you not combine the families at the left & right hand sides and singers in the middle?
Noone then has to move section, only seats and the singers are right in front to inspire our players.

That would be possible, as long as you turn down a few hundred applications for Season Tickets next season.

The problem might be deciding which ones are unworthy of being renewed, due to lack of attendance. I'd rather not get involved in that discussion so I'll leave that one to you :wink:

LancashireHibby
03-03-2019, 08:27 PM
South Lower would be the best solution I reckon, although admittedly I don’t have a solution for the Cat A games unless we permanently cut away allocations. Huddersfield did this a few years ago in the Championship when they still had plenty of empty seats elsewhere but wanted to improve the atmosphere.

Bring back the heyday at the back of S43 (when crowds were much lower than they are now, for what it’s worth)

Swedish hibee
03-03-2019, 08:31 PM
That would be possible, as long as you turn down a few hundred applications for Season Tickets next season.

The problem might be deciding which ones are unworthy of being renewed, due to lack of attendance. I'd rather not get involved in that discussion so I'll leave that one to you :wink:

In many countries you miss a certain number of games then you can't renew and need to start again. Loyalty has to be to the the people who turn up all the time, and as my original post said as a regular hibs tv viewer- this does not happen in that section every home game.