PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown

dastardly8
03-03-2019, 12:17 PM
What a disrespectful little twit the boy is , seems to forget what team gave him his big break.

Pete
03-03-2019, 12:20 PM
What did he do wrong?

He had a great game yesterday (unfortunately).

SaulGoodman
03-03-2019, 12:21 PM
He’s a dick

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2019, 12:24 PM
TBF saw him at the 2012 Scottish Cup Final in the HIBS end

:scarf:

Keyser Sauzee
03-03-2019, 12:26 PM
Didn’t see anything he done that was disrespectful tbh

Leitherhibs
03-03-2019, 12:27 PM
I think it’s embarrassing when ex players don’t celebrate against their old club, boy did nothing wrong. He was much better than anyone else in our midfield yesterday.

tamig
03-03-2019, 12:30 PM
Some seem to forget he’s been with them for 12 years now - a bit longer than he was with us. He also attends a few of our games when he’s not playing.

Hiber-nation
03-03-2019, 12:31 PM
What a disrespectful little twit the boy is , seems to forget what team gave him his big break.

Nonsense, nothing worse than someone "not celebrating".

One Day Soon
03-03-2019, 12:32 PM
Scott Brown threads are the .net flag debates of modern years.

Mr Grieves
03-03-2019, 12:53 PM
He’s a dick

For some balance, he was at a kids football tournament in Sighthill this morning (I think his kid was playing) and he was sound. He was happy to chat away and high five anybody that approached which made the kids very happy.

calumhibee1
03-03-2019, 12:59 PM
Played well yesterday and scored a great goal to send his team to Hampden. No issues with him yesterday.

BoomtownHibees
03-03-2019, 12:59 PM

It may have been the way he acted towards Kamberi that has riled the OP rather than him celebrating

YanYansen
03-03-2019, 01:00 PM
It may have been the way he acted towards Kamberi that has riled the OP rather than him celebrating

Which was...?

Johnny Clash
03-03-2019, 01:02 PM

He strolled through yesterday’s game. Something he’s not managed to do against us for a while. Very frustrating but, like others, I totally missed any disrespect to Hibs. What exactly did he do?

Scottie
03-03-2019, 01:02 PM
For some balance, he was at a kids football tournament in Sighthill this morning (I think his kid was playing) and he was sound. He was happy to chat away and high five anybody that approached which made the kids very happy.
He is by all accounts a really sound chap off the field but on the field he gets away with tackles that other players don't get away with from any other club. Look at his assault in our last game at Parkhead.

Refs have let him get away with it for years. Just wish someone would get stuck into him like he does. And yes id love him in our team, thats the sort of no **** player we need in our midfield.

BoomtownHibees
03-03-2019, 01:04 PM
Which was...?

Shouting at him, making faces at him, winking at him. Nothing major but a bit childish and unnecessary.

There’s a video of it on twitter but can’t find the link now

calumhibee1
03-03-2019, 01:10 PM
Shouting at him, making faces at him, winking at him. Nothing major but a bit childish and unnecessary.

Was he definitely doing that at Flo? I know Flo is in the shot but it’s hard to tell for certain whether it’s aimed at Flo or elsewhere from the angle I saw.

BoomtownHibees
03-03-2019, 01:12 PM
Was he definitely doing that at Flo? I know Flo is in the shot but it’s hard to tell for certain whether it’s aimed at Flo or elsewhere from the angle I saw.

Possibly not, it was an assumption based on him being in the shot as well. Regardless of who it was aimed at, the point stands

calumhibee1
03-03-2019, 01:15 PM
Possibly not, it was an assumption based on him being in the shot as well. Regardless of who it was aimed at, the point stands

I actually thought when I first saw it that it may have been aimed at the Celtic bench, hard to say though, it was far too close up to be able to tell for me.

PerfectlyFranck
03-03-2019, 01:16 PM
What did he do wrong?

He had a great game yesterday (unfortunately).

I think it’s embarrassing when ex players don’t celebrate against their old club, boy did nothing wrong. He was much better than anyone else in our midfield yesterday.

Ran up to Kamberi and started making gestures and just generally goaded him. Nothing we wouldn't have celebrated had Kamberi done the same, had he scored.

Kamberi was getting nipped at throughout the game, often off-the-ball. It got the better of him when he threw a ball to Lustig, but he was hassled throughout. Not very sportsmanlike, but it worked.

Pete
03-03-2019, 01:17 PM

The point might stand but it’s not really a point I would be getting upset about. Stuff like that happens all the time in professional football and is forgotten about the minute they are out of the stadium.

Broony will probably be in the west cheering on Kamberi next time we play Hearts at ER.

Bristolhibby
03-03-2019, 01:17 PM

Yet when he did that when he was at Hibs we loved him for it.

Vaguely remember him blowing kisses at a Hearts or Rangers player.

I think we just need to have tougher skin. As fans we are fickle. If we lap one of our own doing something we have to expect some of it back.

J

Pretty Boy
03-03-2019, 01:18 PM
Scott Brown isn't difficult to understand. He's easy to love when he's with you and easy to hate when he's against you.

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2019, 01:19 PM
He’s a dick

He’s a very good player and the captain of Celtic, he was thoroughly professional yesterday, played well and done what was needed for his team. No issues with him at all and very approachable at the various football events he attends with kids.

Pete
03-03-2019, 01:21 PM
Scott Brown isn't difficult to understand. He's easy to love when he's with you and easy to hate when he's against you.

He’s also from Hill o’ Beath, which means he’s as dry as a...

chrisski33
03-03-2019, 01:33 PM

Thats way off the mark scott brown often mentions hibs giving him a break and speaks v highly of us and did so just before yesterday. Know your facts

The 90+2
03-03-2019, 01:35 PM

I think we just need to have tougher skin. As fans we are fickle. If we lap one of our own doing something we have to expect some of it back.

J

He done it when he got hearts striker boy sent off in the unbeatable game. Nothing wrong with it. He was clearly instructed to wind up Flo’ though.

GreenCastle
03-03-2019, 01:36 PM
My only issue with Brown is that we should have sold him for more !

He’s been very influential for Celtic for 12 years and while we got a record fee it’s been a steal for them.

Hibbyradge
03-03-2019, 01:43 PM
My only issue with Brown is that we should have sold him for more !

He’s been very influential for Celtic for 12 years and while we got a record few it’s been a steal for them.

We got a lot more than the old club were going to "take him" for.

Malthibby
03-03-2019, 01:52 PM

Yup, don't know exactly what he's supposed to do. He was pants against us for the first few games the played after going to Celtic but was presumably told to get a grip and
unfortunately did, certainly buried us in a cup final. It isn't his fault that we decided to give him the freedom of ER yesterday.

And in other news, Sheep one up.

G B Young
03-03-2019, 02:01 PM

What nonsense. He's been at Celtic way longer than he was with us yet he still attends ER on the odd occasion and will always speak respectfully and favourably of his time at ER. You just need to watch him celebrate when Celtic win at Tynie to see how much he still relishes sticking it up the yams.

SaulGoodman
03-03-2019, 02:09 PM
He’s a very good player and the captain of Celtic, he was thoroughly professional yesterday, played well and done what was needed for his team. No issues with him at all and very approachable at the various football events he attends with kids.

I don’t care what he’s like off the pitch I’m taking him at face value and the various assaults on our players from him the last few games.

CockneyRebel
03-03-2019, 03:22 PM
I don’t care what he’s like off the pitch I’m taking him at face value and the various assaults on our players from him the last few games.

Like him or hate him Scot Brown, for me, was the best player on the park yesterday - he strolled it.

SaulGoodman
03-03-2019, 03:23 PM
Like him or hate him Scot Brown, for me, was the best player on the park yesterday - he strolled it.

Yeah he probably was, still a dick though.

BegbieHSC
03-03-2019, 04:35 PM

He wasn’t great in the 1st half, but he ramped it up to the next level in the 2nd half and changed the game.

At the end of the day, he was an outstanding player for us in the golden generation - I was a teenager then, and he was my favourite player going. He comes to the games, and speaks fondly of us.

I don’t care if he’s a bam on the pitch, and I’d be absolutely buzzing if he decided to come back and retire with us.

Since452
03-03-2019, 04:45 PM
Fantastic player. One you'd love in your side.

Diclonius
03-03-2019, 04:50 PM
He didn't celebrate in front of us so I don't care. People can do what they want.

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2019, 05:14 PM

He’s no more a dick than you are.

Here’s Lucy!
03-03-2019, 05:28 PM

He's a wind up merchant and a bit of a thug, to be honest.

Bostonhibby
03-03-2019, 09:48 PM
Like him or hate him Scot Brown, for me, was the best player on the park yesterday - he strolled it.We gave him way too much space and he took it. Not the player he was but seen him at 2 Hibs cup finals as a spectator and he wasn't supporting the opposition.

When he plays against us it's up to us to stop him.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

HibbiesandtheBaddies
03-03-2019, 09:59 PM

J

:agree: There is more to football than just running about kicking a ball.

Hi Heid Yin
03-03-2019, 10:09 PM
I'd take Scott Brown back in a second, despite his having lost a wee bit of pace.

He could show our midfielders a trick or two and how to influence a game.

One of the best midfielders to wear our shirt in my 50 years of watching Hibs.

SaulGoodman
04-03-2019, 10:30 AM
He’s no more a dick than you are.

Bit uncalled for tbh

green day
04-03-2019, 10:44 AM
Didn't we all find it a bit amusing when Flo blew kisses at St Johnstone?

I hesitate to use the term "snowflake", but some football fans need to find a sense of perspective.

JeMeSouviens
04-03-2019, 10:50 AM
He reminds me a lot of Lennon as a player. Rarely flashy, always in the right place, does the simple things well and hardly ever makes mistakes. Plus he's a niggly, hard ******* that everyone else hates.

I'm Spartacus
04-03-2019, 12:58 PM
12 years and probably their most consistent player of our generation, bigger names have come and gone. 12 years at them trump what he ever did with us.

What a hit BTW.

flash
04-03-2019, 01:08 PM
Still the best player in the League by the length of Princes Street. Struggled for a bit last season but back to his imperious best now.

CRAZYHIBBY
04-03-2019, 01:10 PM
great player for hibs and earned us decent money.....end of

Steve20
04-03-2019, 01:33 PM
If he had went to any other club than Celtic, he probably wouldn't get the love he does on here.

Any other player that goads and laughs at our players wouldn't get the same. And certainly if it had been another clubs player that did the two assualts on our players in the previous two Hibs-Celtic games, he would be seen for what he is on here.

He's a decent SPFL player, but a better referee.

yonder1875
04-03-2019, 01:50 PM
I actually like Brown. Made a fantastic career for himself, earned us a lot of money and is never disrespectful about us.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2019, 06:19 PM
Bit uncalled for tbh

Why? It reads to me that you’re not a dick and neither is he. Sorry if you thought otherwise.

Hibernia&Alba
04-03-2019, 06:24 PM

Absolutely. One of the players opposition fans love to hate. I didn't have a problem with him; he's definitely been at cup finals to watch Hibs.

Waxy
04-03-2019, 06:45 PM
If he’d always played for us we’d always have loved him.

The 90+2
04-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Absolutely. One of the players opposition fans love to hate. I didn't have a problem with him; he's definitely been at cup finals to watch Hibs.

I’ve no hate at all for Broony. Remarkably a model professional and a winner.

ekhibee
04-03-2019, 07:52 PM
I'd take Scott Brown back in a second, despite his having lost a wee bit of pace.

He could show our midfielders a trick or two and how to influence a game.

One of the best midfielders to wear our shirt in my 50 years of watching Hibs.
This.

The Baldmans Comb
04-03-2019, 09:53 PM
He was a tremendous player for us and went on to be a quite magnificent player and captain for Celtic.

Football supporters on the whole are hypocrityical wee saps and we would all love a Scott Brown in our team.

eastmainsmsh
04-03-2019, 10:58 PM
Before sat game I thought he was not as good as he was but was wrong thought he had a great game

Hibeesmad
04-03-2019, 11:06 PM
The most successful player in Scottish football. He has had a fantastic career and I like him. I remember him once stating he would have liked to return to Hibs later on in his career, he also comes to watch us on several occasions.

I’m sure he will always respect Hibs for helping him have a great career and deep down has a soft spot for us.

Mr Grieves
04-03-2019, 11:54 PM
He is by all accounts a really sound chap off the field but on the field he gets away with tackles that other players don't get away with from any other club. Look at his assault in our last game at Parkhead.

Refs have let him get away with it for years. Just wish someone would get stuck into him like he does. And yes id love him in our team, thats the sort of no **** player we need in our midfield.

It ain't his fault that he gets away with it, refs make the decisions. And I agree that I would love him back at Hibs.

LustForLeith
05-03-2019, 07:22 PM
He’s the sort of player we need at Easter Road.

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2019, 07:39 PM
The way he celebrated on Saturday was in the 'look what a goal I scored ' camp rather than the 'get it up ye Hibs' one.

No wonder the guy was happy …. we made him look like bloody Pirlo in his pomp for 90 minutes, he was strolling it so much it was heading towards the embarrassing stage. Us allowing him to do that was just one of the reasons Celtic were able to totally command that game.

I was far more annoyed at our passive tactics than anything Scott Brown might have done :bitchy:

jacomo
05-03-2019, 07:41 PM
He’s the sort of player we need at Easter Road.

He should return this summer with Leigh tucked under his arm. Just pick a row with Lennon and it will be done!

Phil MaGlass
06-03-2019, 08:38 AM
Take Broonie in a heartbeat

Smartie
06-03-2019, 08:42 AM
The way he celebrated on Saturday was in the 'look what a goal I scored ' camp rather than the 'get it up ye Hibs' one.

No wonder the guy was happy …. we made him look like bloody Pirlo in his pomp for 90 minutes, he was strolling it so much it was heading towards the embarrassing stage. Us allowing him to do that was just one of the reasons Celtic were able to totally command that game.

I was far more annoyed at our passive tactics than anything Scott Brown might have done :bitchy:

Exactly the way I saw it.

Lennon knew how important a player he was and had him shut down at all times very quickly when we played Celtic.

Having made him play badly a couple of times, I think we may have fallen into the trap of thinking he's finished and not so worthy of attention any more when he's really anything but.

Brightside
06-03-2019, 08:47 AM
Superb footballer. Every team would want him.