PDA

View Full Version : hibs fans and this forum

j'adorehibs
03-03-2019, 12:14 AM
i think i got an infraction years ago for giving so called hibs fans general abuse, this post may well see me getting another but i really dont care, this is my final swan song i guess...............

for gods sake get a grip, lets give heckinbottom a chance, he has a poor group of players to work with and aim for top 6 this season..a tough ask if you ask me ....lets judge next season 10 games in or so.......he needs to rip this squad apart and bring in his own players

goodbye bartley, hanlon,macgregor, stevenson, gray (yes i said it), whittaker, shaw, l.allan, etc etc......its time to start again...unfortunately he'll need the board to back him, will they? i doubt it............not unless all the fairweather fans rally round and turn up every week regardless of results and put money into the club....did anyone really think we might win today?was never going to happen....man to man celtic are far superior and you all know it....some real delusional posters on this forum

ggtth

Jim44
03-03-2019, 12:28 AM
i think i got an infraction years ago for giving so called hibs fans general abuse, this post may well see me getting another but i really dont care, this is my final swan song i guess...............

for gods sake get a grip, lets give heckinbottom a chance, he has a poor group of players to work with and aim for top 6 this season..a tough ask if you ask me ....lets judge next season 10 games in or so.......he needs to rip this squad apart and bring in his own players

goodbye bartley, hanlon,macgregor, stevenson, gray (yes i said it), whittaker, shaw, l.allan, etc etc......its time to start again...unfortunately he'll need the board to back him, will they? i doubt it............not unless all the fairweather fans rally round and turn up every week regardless of results and put money into the club....did anyone really think we might win today?was never going to happen....man to man celtic are far superior and you all know it....some real delusional posters on this forum

ggtth

Fair comment but I think your solution of dumping half the squad is impractical at best and stupid at worst. I totally agree with you on our ‘farting against thunder today’.

WestCoastHibby
03-03-2019, 01:49 AM
We cannot afford to dump as many players as that. Nor do they deserve to be written off.
Some will leave, some will stay.
Evolution not revolution for me

Man Down Under
03-03-2019, 02:57 AM
Our results against Celtic over the past couple of seasons are probably up there as the best in the league to be fair. Always a chance of beating them.

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
03-03-2019, 03:19 AM
“Hey Bobbeee What’s ze French for the opposite of j’adore?”

Suppose going down with all guns blazing is an approach.

Bon chance - and no I don’t know French.

I think Heckingbottom will come good/ let’s not throw baby out with bathwater.

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2019, 06:32 AM
Terry Butcher had the same idea five years ago and look what happened there. :greengrin

Next!

Northernhibee
03-03-2019, 07:47 AM
Talking about “coming good” and “give him a chance” after one loss in four. I’m ****ing delighted with a 75% win rate when the loss came in a game we had no right to expect to win. You can understand why that with an ageing team Heck’s decided to sit in - when our defensive midnoptions are an ageing Bartley and an ageing Whittaker Lennon left us with a higher wage signing in... Mark Milligan.

Delighted with Hecky so far and looking forward to getting younger players in and cracking on from there. The poisonous Lennon FC element of our fan base were absolutely desperate for yesterday to happen and if we lost after going balls to the wall attack they’d have been saying how stupid and naive it was, Dempster out etc etc etc

Itsnoteasy
03-03-2019, 09:35 AM
Terry Butcher had the same idea five years ago and look what happened there. :greengrin

Next!

But he should have kept his mouth shut till the end of the season then done it if that was his plan.

Hibbyradge
03-03-2019, 09:39 AM

ggtth

Why wouldn't the board back their new manager?

They backed every other one, apart from Butcher, thankfully.

Sioux
03-03-2019, 09:40 AM
There's no doubt the age of the squad needs drastically reduced.

That's where you get a more dynamic base. The oldies and goldies have had their time, and they are not now up to scratch.

The only criteria for deserving to stay on is their performances. Nothing else.

There's quite a few that need to get talking to their agents.

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2019, 09:46 AM
But he should have kept his mouth shut till the end of the season then done it if that was his plan.

Agree!

Big mistake

Turkish Green
03-03-2019, 09:54 AM
We cannot afford to dump as many players as that. Nor do they deserve to be written off.
Some will leave, some will stay.
Evolution not revolution for me

A look across the city at Potter's clean sweep in the summer bringing 18+ new players: some good, some average and some just rotten, demonstrates the need to be selective and only bring in new players who will add to the squad. Heckingbottom took over a decent squad which does not need wholesale changes. Maybe the average age needs reducing but this should be a gradual process. It may be early doors but I have confidence that Leeann and Paul will get it right come the summer.

The only issue I have with yesterday's game is that Celtic were not pressed from the whistle and Brown was left to rule the midfield as a comfort zone. Tactics were wrong, but Heckingbottom is new.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-03-2019, 10:08 AM

ggtth

How's the heid this morning? 🍻

wookie70
03-03-2019, 10:15 AM
A look across the city at Potter's clean sweep in the summer bringing 18+ new players: some good, some average and some just rotten, demonstrates the need to be selective and only bring in new players who will add to the squad. Heckingbottom took over a decent squad which does not need wholesale changes. Maybe the average age needs reducing but this should be a gradual process. It may be early doors but I have confidence that Leeann and Paul will get it right come the summer.

The only issue I have with yesterday's game is that Celtic were not pressed from the whistle and Brown was left to rule the midfield as a comfort zone. Tactics were wrong, but Heckingbottom is new.

I'm not sure he did take over a decent squad. The defence is ageing, the midfield lack legs, physicality and endurance and we have Flo up top. We have some good players but I think we do need a clear out. Fortunately we have quite a few contracts ending and loans coming to an end so that will happen anyway. Heck clearly is a man with a plan. That plan never worked out yesterday but it was obvious the players were working under instruction and knew what their role was. IT never worked out but that shows me we have a manager that the players are listening too. I had no idea what the plan was before Lennon left both in terms of recruitment and on match day set up.

Let's get in the top six and take it from there. If we don't I won't blame Heck as he took over a unbalanced squad completely lacking in confidence. We also don't look fit to me and I hope that is something Heck will sort out. Heck should be judged towards the end of next season after a couple of windows. He isn't taking over a Cup Winning squad like Lennon did but one that was languishing in 8th place and not knowing where the next win was coming from.