PDA

View Full Version : Omeonga

RossScott1991
02-03-2019, 08:19 PM
Felt he was comfortably our best player, good on the ball. Moves it quick. Fair play to him in a lacklustre team display.

Happily give him the nod ahead of slivka or Mallan going forward.

wookie70
02-03-2019, 08:38 PM
Felt he was comfortably our best player, good on the ball. Moves it quick. Fair play to him in a lacklustre team display.

Happily give him the nod ahead of slivka or Mallan going forward.

I thought Slivka was equally as good and can keep that level for longer in the game. Omeonga has probably done enough to make sure he starts most weeks and with Slivka soon to be suspended he will get plenty opportunity to impress.

kaimendhibs
02-03-2019, 08:54 PM
Omeonga was excellent as was Slivka

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Diclonius
02-03-2019, 09:39 PM
Fantastic today. Should be an automatic starter from now on.

eastmainsmsh
02-03-2019, 09:50 PM
Omeonga was excellent as was Slivka

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Agree both played magic

Springbank
02-03-2019, 09:50 PM
spare me about slivka

very frustrating footballer

omeonga a class above, all imo

Bostonhibby
02-03-2019, 09:51 PM
Best Hibs player on the pitch today. Patronising plastic standing next to me in the bar said he's good enough for celtc and we should expect a bid [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

The Spaceman
02-03-2019, 09:52 PM
Slivka was great today and has been our best midfielder all season. The guy is class.

I think some people genuinely can't take to him because he is Eastern European/Lithuanian.

Smartie
02-03-2019, 09:54 PM
spare me about slivka

Omeonga was excellent but Slvka was better.

They had no right to be on the losing side tonight.

I don't know what Slivka needs to do to impress some folk. He's been outstanding for months.

B.H.F.C
02-03-2019, 09:57 PM
Slivka was great today and has been our best midfielder all season. The guy is class.

I think some people genuinely can't take to him because he is Eastern European/Lithuanian.

I think your last sentance is rubbish. Opinions on his abilities are fine, but that sentance is rubbish. Plenty folk can’t take to Stevie Mallan and he’s Scottish.

Being our best midfielder doesn’t mean Slivka has been brilliant. It’s just a reflection on the standard of our midfield. Tonight summed him up. Looked ok at times, some nice touches. But never remotely looked like getting control of the midfield.

SChibs
02-03-2019, 09:57 PM

I don't know what Slivka needs to do to impress some folk. He's been outstanding for months.

I agree, slivkas first touch is almost always a positive one and sets up him for his next move

S4uzee
02-03-2019, 09:58 PM

Agree. Slivka is getting better each week when played centrally. He and Omeonga only players who could control the ball in difficult conditions.

Hopefully with better players next season he will improve further

hibee_girl
02-03-2019, 09:59 PM
I agree, slivkas first touch is almost always a positive one and sets up him for his next move

:agree: he’s always looking to go forward, hardly ever plays the ball back

Both Omeonga and Slivka were good tonight

Shrekko
02-03-2019, 10:16 PM
spare me about slivka

Slivka has been class for weeks now that he’s getting a run in the middle. How some fans continue to ignore this is incredible IMO.

Him and the wee man were the 2 of ours who looked like they’d slot into the Celtic team.

Fergos
02-03-2019, 10:20 PM
I think your last sentance is rubbish. Opinions on his abilities are fine, but that sentance is rubbish. Plenty folk can’t take to Stevie Mallan and he’s Scottish.

Being our best midfielder doesn’t mean Slivka has been brilliant. It’s just a reflection on the standard of our midfield. Tonight summed him up. Looked ok at times, some nice touches. But never remotely looked like getting control of the midfield.

Totally agree. Slivka can see a pass no doubt but never grabs a game and controls it, albeit difficult against a team that has a lot more resources. He has been it best midfielder recently but that’s in a poor midfield.

We need an overhaul in midfield, the only one Id keep from today’s midfield would be Omeonga and Horgan.

GGTTH

HibeeHibernian4
02-03-2019, 10:23 PM

An uncomfortable truth. Doesn’t apply to every person who isn’t Slivka’s biggest fan, but there’s definitely an element of it for a minority. They prefer “guid hoanest scottish laddies” with half the ability of a player like Slivka.

The Mallan argument is a strawman, the OP isn’t suggesting that we love all scottish players regardless of ability and hate the foreign ones, but that if can (even on a subconscious level) play into a person’s dislike of a player.

McD
02-03-2019, 10:31 PM
Anyone know if there’s a reasonable opportunity to keep omeonga on a permanent basis?

judging by his Twitter, he seems to be enjoying it here

Sammy7nil
02-03-2019, 10:33 PM
I thought Slivka was equally as good and can keep that level for longer in the game. Omeonga has probably done enough to make sure he starts most weeks and with Slivka soon to be suspended he will get plenty opportunity to impress.

I thought Slivka had a great view as he watched Forrest score their first.

Stokesy's on fire
02-03-2019, 11:04 PM
My motn tonight!! Quality player

My_Wife_Camille
02-03-2019, 11:10 PM
The boy is quality. Really hope he’s here next season

ekhibee
02-03-2019, 11:24 PM
As the thread was about Omeonga, I have to say that in my opinion he was easily our best player today.

Glory Lurker
02-03-2019, 11:28 PM
The wee guy was ace, although clearly still building his fitness. He'll be deadly in a few weeks.

Slivka was motm for me today. Again.

CMac1988
02-03-2019, 11:39 PM

I said this on the match thread and equally have said it before but Slivka is neat and tidy on the ball but very poor off it. Was the 1st player to let Forest waltz by and had plenty opportunity to get in his face but as usual he's happy to sit off and let someone else defend and stick a boot in.

ekhibee
03-03-2019, 12:06 AM
I said this on the match thread and equally have said it before but Slivka is neat and tidy on the ball but very poor off it. Was the 1st player to let Forest waltz by and had plenty opportunity to get in his face but as usual he's happy to sit off and let someone else defend and stick a boot in.
This.

we are hibs
03-03-2019, 06:22 AM
He's a class above anything else in our midfield. Both he and Slivka linked up well in the first half and had a couple of good give and go's. They miss a real work horse like player who will go about doing the dirty work to let them both play. Really keen to see how Gauld fits in when fit.

Iain G
03-03-2019, 07:02 AM
Anyone know if there’s a reasonable opportunity to keep omeonga on a permanent basis?

judging by his Twitter, he seems to be enjoying it here

It was made clear by Lennon/Hibs when we signed him he was very much wanted back at his parent club at the end of the loan. IIRC!

nonshinyfinish
03-03-2019, 07:07 AM
It was made clear by Lennon/Hibs when we signed him he was very much wanted back at his parent club at the end of the loan. IIRC!According to this: https://www.transfermarkt.com/stephane-omeonga/profil/spieler/342472, he has a contract until summer 2022, so if they rate him then we've probably no chance.

cleanyman
03-03-2019, 07:10 AM
I like him

Weegreenman
03-03-2019, 01:23 PM
He was outstanding for me. Rarely gives the ball away. Secures a start in the first eleven in our next game 👌🏿

Keith_M
03-03-2019, 01:32 PM

So, on the basis of no evidence whatsoever, you've decided that some people don't like him because of his race.

You should write for The Guardian, they love stuff like that.

thegaffer12
03-03-2019, 01:34 PM
Omeonga looks immense, getting better with each game. Thought Slivka was good aside from some sloppy final decisions. Felt for McNulty and Kamberi as they gave it their all but couldn't find any way through their defence.

Weegreenman
03-03-2019, 01:44 PM

Do you seriously believe this? I can only speak for me but had Slivka shown this level of consistency in the past then I’d be the first to be shouting for him to play every week. The fact is that he hasn’t shown the consistency and that’s mainly the reason why supporters haven’t taken to him. Incedently he’s still got a way to go before he convinces me that he warrants a place in our future first eleven. Keep playing like he did yesterday and that’ll not even be in question.

LaMotta
03-03-2019, 01:47 PM

An uncomfortable truth. Doesn’t apply to every person who isn’t Slivka’s biggest fan, but there’s definitely an element of it for a minority. They prefer “guid hoanest scottish laddies” with half the ability of a player like Slivka.

The Mallan argument is a strawman, the OP isn’t suggesting that we love all scottish players regardless of ability and hate the foreign ones, but that if can (even on a subconscious level) play into a person’s dislike of a player.

You surely both can't be serious :crazy:

B.H.F.C
03-03-2019, 01:59 PM

Absolute nonsense. Over the years Hibs supporters have been collectively critical of players who are white, black, British, Irish, European or African. And for 99.9% of folk it’s down to one thing - what they see on the pitch.

Onion
03-03-2019, 02:37 PM
He's a decent player but, like a most of our midfielders, needs to have better players around him.

Hibees1973
03-03-2019, 03:06 PM
Omeonga was one of the few positives yesterday. Would be good if he was here next season.

500miles
03-03-2019, 03:15 PM
I think Omeonga, Slivka and Milligan took reasonable care of the ball in tight positions yesterday. When Milligan picked up his injury we struggled, even when Bartley came on, because he can't play in those tight spaces.

Mallan came in and tried to play match winning passes at the wrong time. He shouldve focused on taking care of the ball, and waiting for the spaces to open up. He needs to grow up and focus on the job at hand, but I don't doubt his ability.

As an aside, Slivka's problem is that he isn't John Mcginn and folk don't realise there are very few midfielders in world football that physically dominate like SJM, never mind Scottish football.

The 90+2
03-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Slivka was better. Like the guy though.

Hermit Crab
03-03-2019, 03:28 PM
If we can get Omeonga on a permanent deal then we should absolutely do this!

judas
03-03-2019, 03:30 PM

EH?!?!

Ground control to The Spaceman..you’ve really made the grade.

judas
03-03-2019, 03:33 PM

Absolute mutton mince. Don’t talk tosh.

Diclonius
03-03-2019, 03:55 PM
spare me about slivka

Slivka has been fantastic the last month or so. Automatic starter now.

Green_one
04-03-2019, 11:11 AM

He was near second goal as well. Needs to have a more physical element