PDA

View Full Version : Celtic fan(s) in East.

Hibs90
02-03-2019, 08:21 PM
Whats that about? Celtic top on, strolls right past through the stewards, up to the back of the East.
Probably more too

Since90+2
02-03-2019, 08:26 PM
Whats that about? Celtic top on, strolls right past through the stewards, up to the back of the East.
Probably more too

What section?

where'stheslope
02-03-2019, 08:26 PM
Probably more too
And for that reason "Strict Liability" would never work, its to easy for other teams to infiltrate opposition areas!!!!!

judas
02-03-2019, 08:27 PM
I think that was the Hibs strip from 1875

Hibs90
02-03-2019, 08:28 PM
I think that was the Hibs strip from 1875

Nope. 100% Celtic top, you could see the dafabet logo or whatever it is.

Hibs90
02-03-2019, 08:28 PM
What section?

The middle one at the halfway line.

Leith Green
02-03-2019, 08:38 PM
I cant believe that a supporter wearing a celtic top would have walked past thousands of hibs supporters outside the stadium , queued to get in and walked about the stand freely. He would have got a hiding at some point. You must be mistaken or making it up.

Hibs90
02-03-2019, 08:39 PM
I cant believe that a supporter wearing a celtic top would have walked past thousands of hibs supporters outside the stadium , queued to get in and walked about the stand freely. He would have got a hiding at some point. You must be mistaken or making it up.

Aye I am completely making it up.:rolleyes:

He had a jacket on with only a couple of buttons done. Hence how I noticed it.

Leith Green
02-03-2019, 08:46 PM
Aye I am completely making it up.:rolleyes:

He had a jacket on with only a couple of buttons done. Hence how I noticed it.

Thats not exactly how it was worded in the initial post though was it. The answer to your initial question is in your last post. He had a jacket over it 😂

Hibs90
02-03-2019, 08:48 PM
Thats not exactly how it was worded in the initial post though was it. The answer to your initial question is in your last post. He had a jacket over it 😂

Well if I can see it why couldn't nobody else?

speedy_gonzales
02-03-2019, 08:58 PM

Would they have? If they're not causing any trouble then I don't think we can just lay in to them, pretty sure we let the Police police these days.

DJ HIBBY
02-03-2019, 09:01 PM
As west coast Hibs fans today was the first time in 30 years my brother and I were accused of being Celtic fans! Twice !!

Beefster
02-03-2019, 09:02 PM
Would they have? If they're not causing any trouble then I don't think we can just lay in to them, pretty sure we let the Police police these days.

They may not have got a hiding but someone in the East noticeably wearing a Celtc strip would have been challenged multiple times and probably threatened with violence a few times.

I’d struggle to believe that someone could just saunter up to the back of the East without all sorts of chaos, stewards etc.

Leith Green
02-03-2019, 09:10 PM

I have seen celtic fans literally being chased out of the east stand a couple of times. I ve also seen fans of rangers and celtic being assaulted in the famous five and west upper. And saw rangers fans attacked and chased out the south stand when it was split in half a few years ago. All of the above ive seen with my own eyes and none were wearing their teams colours either , so there will be a lot more and probably a lit worse that i havent seen . Id say it would be a stick on that they would get a doing or at the very least chased out the stand.

Mantis Toboggan
02-03-2019, 09:16 PM
And for that reason "Strict Liability" would never work, its to easy for other teams to infiltrate opposition areas!!!!!

Not really 'infiltrating'if you go in with a shirt on

IberianHibernian
02-03-2019, 09:16 PM
Loads of us have gone in other end when we couldn`t get a ticket for Hibs end at Tynecastle , Ibrox etc . Maybe even at ER on odd occasion we`ve sold out home tickets . Is it really such a big deal to have the odd away fan in the home section ? Am I the only person here who finds it sad that fans can`t watch match near opposition fans ? I`d even suggest moving family section to South Lower and making it a mixed ( home and away fans ) area for Category B games so FF lower can be full of noisy Hibbies .

Leith Green
02-03-2019, 09:20 PM
Loads of us have gone in other end when we couldn`t get a ticket for Hibs end at Tynecastle , Ibrox etc . Maybe even at ER on odd occasion we`ve sold out home tickets . Is it really such a big deal to have the odd away fan in the home section ? Am I the only person here who finds it sad that fans can`t watch match near opposition fans ? I`d even suggest moving family section to South Lower and making it a mixed ( home and away fans ) area for Category B games so FF lower can be full of noisy Hibbies .

Its not a big deal if they go and watch the match and dont celebrate when they score , or wear their teams colours which was the whole point of the thread.

The Modfather
02-03-2019, 09:21 PM
Are we that tribal that just being an opposition fan in our home end insites violence? If he wasn’t causing any trouble or drawing attention to himself other than his teams top on underneath his jacket don’t see the problem.

I’ve been in the oppositions home end countless times, mainly at Scotland games, but also at QOTS one year in the cup. Kept to myself and didn’t see why anyone should have had a problem with me.

DH1875
02-03-2019, 09:22 PM
As west coast Hibs fans today was the first time in 30 years my brother and I were accused of being Celtic fans! Twice !!

Been there, done that. Nothing worse IMO :agree:.

IberianHibernian
02-03-2019, 09:23 PM
As west coast Hibs fans today was the first time in 30 years my brother and I were accused of being Celtic fans! Twice !!Sad and pathetic . I remember sitting next to an Irish guy at a home match v Celtic a few years ago and being embarrassed that he seemed to be afraid to show his accent when asking me about way to station etc .

SteveHFC
02-03-2019, 09:23 PM
The middle one at the halfway line.

I'm sure he was in Tamson's pre-match.

Glory Lurker
02-03-2019, 09:30 PM
If someone wears the top in to our end they should be emptied, whether causing bother or not.

Hulk1875
02-03-2019, 09:34 PM
Two lassies late teens early twenties behind me west lower, weegie accent pointing to people in Celtic end and really gave it away when they were coming back up steps I saw a green white and gold scarf. I turned round said jokingly is that the new style Hibs scarf. They were like sssshhhh!!! People can’t know made me laugh no harm done.

IberianHibernian
02-03-2019, 09:49 PM
Its not a big deal if they go and watch the match and dont celebrate when they score , or wear their teams colours which was the whole point of the thread. In this case seems to be one man wearing a Celtic shirt / scarf under a jacket ( pretty sad he has to hide it but that`s for another thread ) . At every match there are loads of fans in all stands who support other team or are neutral cause they`re tourists , want to go to game with friend / relative who supports other team etc , can`t get a ticket for end of their team , etc On 21 / 05 / 16 I reckon at least 10 % of fans in our end would consider themselves fans of another or no team as an example .

SideBurns
02-03-2019, 09:52 PM
If the game was a sell out and Hibbies couldn't get tickets as a result, that would be genuine cause for complaint. If they kept their heads down, they've just filled seats our fans were unable to and contributed to our finances.

Iggy Pope
02-03-2019, 09:54 PM
In this case seems to be one man wearing a Celtic shirt / scarf under a jacket ( pretty sad he has to hide it but that`s for another thread ) . At every match there are loads of fans in all stands who support other team or are neutral cause they`re tourists , want to go to game with friend / relative who supports other team etc , can`t get a ticket for end of their team , etc On 21 / 05 / 16 I reckon at least 10 % of fans in our end would consider themselves fans of another or no team as an example .

Bollocks, utter garbage.

Leith Green
02-03-2019, 09:56 PM
Is it not on the terms and conditions when buying a ticket? Home supporters only..

Iggy Pope
02-03-2019, 09:59 PM
Is it not on the terms and conditions when buying a ticket? Home supporters only..

Evidently not. Hibs will take 140 notes of anyone’s money. Clear as day to me.

HibeeHibernian4
02-03-2019, 10:01 PM
In this case seems to be one man wearing a Celtic shirt / scarf under a jacket ( pretty sad he has to hide it but that`s for another thread ) . At every match there are loads of fans in all stands who support other team or are neutral cause they`re tourists , want to go to game with friend / relative who supports other team etc , can`t get a ticket for end of their team , etc On 21 / 05 / 16 I reckon at least 10 % of fans in our end would consider themselves fans of another or no team as an example .

We had roughly 20,000 fans at Hampden that day, are you seriously suggesting around 2,000 at least were not Hibs fans, and in fact neutrals or fans of other clubs? I strongly disagree if so.

IberianHibernian
02-03-2019, 10:04 PM
Bollocks, utter garbage.What`s utter garbage ? OP is angry about one Celtic fan in home stand today . At all big matches there are loads of neutrals even when it`s hard to get tickets . Every week here there are Hibbies posting about tickets for matches all over Europe .

Leith Green
02-03-2019, 10:06 PM

So why then do you need to be on the database to buy category A tickets. Your talking pish there.

Leith Green
02-03-2019, 10:07 PM
We had roughly 20,000 fans at Hampden that day, are you seriously suggesting around 2,000 at least were not Hibs fans, and in fact neutrals or fans of other clubs? I strongly disagree if so.

The guy is just making numbers up..

Sharon
02-03-2019, 10:09 PM
I'm sure he was in Tamson's pre-match.

He was and he came up the stairs between sections 40 & 41

Iggy Pope
02-03-2019, 10:11 PM
So why then do you need to be on the database to buy category A tickets. Your talking pish there.

I’m definitely not. There were Celtic fans I spoke to who had shelled the cash out and none of them near our database. You think corporate clients need to be on the database? There’s the pish. I was surrounded by Celtic fans today in the West Stand. None of them in the company of Hibs fans.

Leith Green
02-03-2019, 10:12 PM

I just checked and it is on the back of the match ticket.

DH1875
02-03-2019, 10:12 PM

Dont think you need to be on the database to buy hospitality tickets.

Iggy Pope
02-03-2019, 10:14 PM
What`s utter garbage ? OP is angry about one Celtic fan in home stand today . At all big matches there are loads of neutrals even when it`s hard to get tickets . Every week here there are Hibbies posting about tickets for matches all over Europe .

The sums mate, the sums. 10% non Hibs?

Iggy Pope
02-03-2019, 10:15 PM
I just checked and it is on the back of the match ticket.

A hospitality ticket?

Leith Green
02-03-2019, 10:16 PM
I’m definitely not. There were Celtic fans I spoke to who had shelled the cash out and none of them near our database. You think corporate clients need to be on the database? There’s the pish. I was surrounded by Celtic fans today in the West Stand. None of them in the company of Hibs fans.

We arent talking about corporate fans. We are talking about a celtic fan who had a ticket for the east stand. Its not allowrd, it tells you that on the back if the match ticket. It really couldn’t be any simpler to understand. How they get their hands on tickets is a different matter completely

Leith Green
02-03-2019, 10:17 PM
Dont think you need to be on the database to buy hospitality tickets.

Nobody was talking about hospitality. Somebody threw it in completely out of context.

Leith Green
02-03-2019, 10:20 PM
A hospitality ticket?

Where is the hospitality in the east stand? Must have missed that one?

Iggy Pope
02-03-2019, 10:20 PM
We arent talking about corporate fans. We are talking about a celtic fan who had a ticket for the east stand. Its not allowrd, it tells you that on the back if the match ticket. It really couldn’t be any simpler to understand. How they get their hands on tickets is a different matter completely

I am though. That’s why I mentioned 140 pound a ticket and you replied by telling me I was talking pish. You might want to read first react appropriately.

Leith Green
02-03-2019, 10:24 PM
I am though. That’s why I mentioned 140 pound a ticket and you replied by telling me I was talking pish. You might want to read first react appropriately.

The thread is about a guy apparently walking into the east stand with a celtic top on , not about hospitality fans. Stop being daft mate.

Iggy Pope
02-03-2019, 10:27 PM
The thread is about a guy apparently walking into the east stand with a celtic top on , not about hospitality fans. Stop being daft mate.

Listen, mate. Threads tend to fluctuate. We’re talking about opposing fans in Hibs areas of the ground. If you are to start policing the thread content then maybe the admins need to get that out to the rest of us. Now gimme peace and put me on ignore.

Leith Green
02-03-2019, 10:34 PM
Listen, mate. Threads tend to fluctuate. We’re talking about opposing fans in Hibs areas of the ground. If you are to start policing the thread content then maybe the admins need to get that out to the rest of us. Now gimme peace and put me on ignore.

You are talking about hospitality as a direct reference to away supporters not being allowed in the home end. Away fans are allowed in hospitality in stadiums all over the world. They arent allowed to buy tickets for the home end though. The point your making whilst factual is completely irrelevant to the topic.

Bristolhibby
02-03-2019, 10:35 PM

Not really

Michael
02-03-2019, 10:37 PM
We should just let fans mix IMO.

IberianHibernian
02-03-2019, 10:42 PM
We had roughly 20,000 fans at Hampden that day, are you seriously suggesting around 2,000 at least were not Hibs fans, and in fact neutrals or fans of other clubs? I strongly disagree if so. Impossible to give exact numbers . I`m not saying 10 % didn`t want us to win , I`d imagine 99 % wanted us to win and other 1 % were indifferent ( maybe 3 or 4 Huns crept in )just as there were probably some of us in Rangers End cause they couldn`t get a ticket in our end . Certainly loads of friends and relatives of Hibs fans who normally support another team or especially support no team . The same at every cup final ( and to a lesser extent to any game ) - if final is Partick v Dundee United crowd will probably be about 30 000 which means a lot of non regulars will have turned up .

Leith Green
02-03-2019, 10:44 PM
Impossible to give exact numbers . I`m not saying 10 % didn`t want us to win , I`d imagine 99 % wanted us to win and other 1 % were indifferent ( maybe 3 or 4 Huns crept in )just as there were probably some of us in Rangers End cause they couldn`t get a ticket in our end . Certainly loads of friends and relatives of Hibs fans who normally support another team or especially support no team . The same at every cup final ( and to a lesser extent to any game ) - if final is Partick v Dundee United crowd will probably be about 30 000 which means a lot of non regulars will have turned up .

Your just plucking numbers out of the sky

IberianHibernian
02-03-2019, 10:57 PM
We should just let fans mix IMO.I agree but unfortunately segregation inside stadium in last 30 ( ? ) years has created a generation or more of fans who are able to shout abuse at opposing fans and think it`s normal behaviour . For next season ( probably too late as season ticket arrangements are probably already in motion ) FF Lower could become singing section and new family section which would welcome away fans could be created in South Lower for Category B games .

TelaStella
02-03-2019, 11:18 PM
There was a guy in a maroon scarf... (yes maroon) at full time in the west lower who was getting a bit of a hard time for filming the Celtic players/fans celebrations. No hibs related materials on but I couldn’t judge whether he was a Celtic fan or perhaps just an unfortunate neutral, either way a maroon scarf to a hibs game? Mon to f*** eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IberianHibernian
02-03-2019, 11:41 PM
Your just plucking numbers out of the sky

You`re probably right but point is that many fans go to matches where their main team isn`t playing as is obvious from many threads here from many threads about tickets for matches in England , Italy , Spain etc as well as from folk in England etc wanting to see us in the Holy Ground .

tonyrougier123
03-03-2019, 12:36 AM
I am always sitting nxt to german speaking fans.mainly the west stand.very vocal too,we must have a decent german fanbase,as for celtic fans in the hibs end,ive witnessed that numerous times over the years.for big games,especially in the cup it seems to be.

tonyrougier123
03-03-2019, 12:39 AM
I agree but unfortunately segregation inside stadium in last 30 ( ? ) years has created a generation or more of fans who are able to shout abuse at opposing fans and think it`s normal behaviour . For next season ( probably too late as season ticket arrangements are probably already in motion ) FF Lower could become singing section and new family section which would welcome away fans could be created in South Lower for Category B games .

The empties in the famous five lower was really shocking! clearly the seating arrangements need sorted.

GRA
03-03-2019, 01:05 AM
When Celtic went 2-up I took a short video of the tic fans doing the Poznan so I could WhatsApp my wife (who isn't into football) how things were going. Had this absolute helmet in the East Stand giving me verbals and accusing me of being a Celtic fan! I've seen some bellends at Hibs games over the years but that's the first, having a proper argument with one of our own 'fans' over something so petty.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

givescotlandfreedom
03-03-2019, 03:45 AM
Taking the mick hugely. Had a Tim next to me i suspect but he kept quiet and watched his team so no issue personally.

Hibs90
03-03-2019, 05:24 AM
Folk still greeting about this or did they balls up and throw a ****ing fist? Helmets honestly. Hibs fans are the worst at times.

Aye nae bother. I'll stand up in the middle of the aisle, walk to the back and just randomly hook someone. Get a grip.

I reported it to a steward who done nothing at all.

Allant1981
03-03-2019, 08:18 AM
Folk still greeting about this or did they balls up and throw a ****ing fist? Helmets honestly. Hibs fans are the worst at times.

So violence is the answer?

Future17
03-03-2019, 08:48 AM

Probably best to delete this when you sober up.

Carheenlea
03-03-2019, 10:59 AM
Anyone who heads into the home stands wearing opposition strip or colours - fair play to them I say. Quite admire the attitude in some ways. Not something I’d do myself but as long as they don’t make a nuisance of themselves then it’s no big deal really.

Keith_M
03-03-2019, 11:03 AM
I am always sitting nxt to german speaking fans.mainly the west stand.very vocal too,we must have a decent german fanbase,as for celtic fans in the hibs end,ive witnessed that numerous times over the years.for big games,especially in the cup it seems to be.

The strange thing is that, when I get a bit too 'emotional' at games, I find myself shouting and swearing in German. So you could have overheard me,

:greengrin

Allant1981
03-03-2019, 11:05 AM
Anyone who heads into the home stands wearing opposition strip or colours - fair play to them I say. Quite admire the attitude in some ways. Not something I’d do myself but as long as they don’t make a nuisance of themselves then it’s no big deal really.

My brother came to ibrox with me when they beat us 7-0, he is a rangers fan but wanted to go with me, he kept his mouth shut somehow and rubbed it in all the way home, no issues with folk doing it as long as they dont give the fans any bother

Ringothedog
03-03-2019, 12:13 PM
I was in the Celtic end when they beat us 4-2, in fact where we were sitting I would guess there were about 50 Hibs fans. It was obvious what team we supported but there was no bother.

DH1875
03-03-2019, 03:54 PM
I've been in the rangers end at Ibrox and at Easter Road. Also been in the Celtic end at parkhead. Never wore any colours though. Did use to travel to Hibs v rangers games with rangers supporting mates wearing my colours though. All stopped when they took a proper kicking off the CCS and one of them ending up in hospital.
Did once end up at a Falkirk v Airdrie game wearing a Hibs top under my jacket for some reason though :confused:

Keith_M
03-03-2019, 03:58 PM
I was in the Celtic end when they beat us 4-2, in fact where we were sitting I would guess there were about 50 Hibs fans. It was obvious what team we supported but there was no bother.

I think you mentioned this at the time, Ringo, and I think I must have been quite near where you were sitting.

I got some dirty looks but there was no trouble.

Jpdhfc
03-03-2019, 04:07 PM

It is a criminal offence to knowingly go in the wrong end of a stadium in Scotland.(may be wrong sure I read it somewhere though)

Hermit Crab
03-03-2019, 04:12 PM
It is a criminal offence to knowingly go in the wrong end of a stadium in Scotland.

If thats a criminal offence, punishable in a court then football is ****ed!

Allant1981
03-03-2019, 04:13 PM
It is a criminal offence to knowingly go in the wrong end of a stadium in Scotland.

Is it? Why then on the t&c's does it only mention you will be put out of the stadium rather than quoting the act it comes under

pacoluna
03-03-2019, 04:28 PM
Ah selling out our allocation and buying tickets in the home end with genuine belief we could go to Celtic park and win. Good times.

HFC93
03-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Ah selling out our allocation and buying tickets in the home end with genuine belief we could go to Celtic park and win. Good times.

Getting comfortably beaten at Parkhead. A bygone era.

givescotlandfreedom
03-03-2019, 04:35 PM

Glory hunters :p

Since90+2
03-03-2019, 04:44 PM
It is a criminal offence to knowingly go in the wrong end of a stadium in Scotland.(may be wrong sure I read it somewhere though)

I'd have a guess that nobody has ever been convicted of that.

Keith_M
03-03-2019, 04:48 PM

TBF, that was before Lennon decided to abandon us for the team he really loved.

The next time at Parkhead, it was much easier getting a ticket because most fans were disillusioned with the crap they'd been watching from strange teams put out by a disinterested Lennon during the preceding three months or so.

Funnily enough, the game you mentioned was the one where he was so disappointed at not winning, he called the players a bunch of 'rejects'. That was roughly the time his team started on a downward spiral.

pacoluna
03-03-2019, 04:49 PM
TBF, that was before Lennon decided to abandon us for the team he really loved.

The next time at Parkhead, it was much easier getting a ticket because most fans were disillusioned with the crap they'd been watching from strange teams put out by a disinterested Lennon during the preceding three months or so.

Funnily enough, the game you mentioned was the one where he was so disappointed at not winning, he called the players a bunch of 'rejects'. That was roughly the time his team started on a downward spiral.

Chill out I never mentioned Lennon. I'm just saying it as it was, good times. Hopefully more to come.

Keith_M
03-03-2019, 04:58 PM
Chill out I never mentioned Lennon. I'm just saying it as it was, good times. Hopefully more to come.

I know, just pointing out the possible reason for the difference in demand.

FWIW, I think we'll get better under Hinckley Bottom and he'll learn from his mistakes.

Leith Green
03-03-2019, 05:29 PM
If thats a criminal offence, punishable in a court then football is ****ed!

I dont think it is a criminal offence , says you will be ejected on the ticket itself.

brianmc
03-03-2019, 05:45 PM
A wee Hun guy I used to know in my local had 2 Club Deck seasons at Ibrox. He asked me one time if I wanted to go to the rangers v Hibs match with him. Being a bit younger and dafter back then I duly accepted his offer. Met him in the pub on the Saturday morning for a quick pint before we headed off - and that's when I found out we were going on a mini bus full of huns (I thought the guy was driving).

They all knew I was a hibby so it was quite a tense journey!
And when Tam McManus scored THAT peach of a volley I nearly outed myself.

Fortunately for me, the old Huns went on to win. Which meant I made it all the way back to Livi without getting chucked out the bus on the M8....

Back onto the subject of the thread though: I would have fully expected a doing off the huns in the stadium if they'd got a whiff of me being an infiltrator.

Not reacting to Tam's raker is one of my proudest moments in football 🤣
*And it's a long, long way down from the Club Deck!!!!

LancashireHibby
03-03-2019, 09:33 PM
I'd have a guess that nobody has ever been convicted of that.
Not directly, although if you’re in the wrong end and start trying to noise up the opposition fans then there’s a chance you might get done for a public order offence.

Bostonhibby
03-03-2019, 09:37 PM
I'd have a guess that nobody has ever been convicted of that.I'm going to do the decent thing here and surrender before police Glasgow catch us. Me and my son were in the home end with friends when we beat st mirren.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

BullsCloseHibs
03-03-2019, 09:39 PM
Its not a big deal if they go and watch the match and dont celebrate when they score , or wear their teams colours which was the whole point of the thread.

You could clearly see Celtic fans in Hearts end on Wednesday night on tv when they scored. Weren't jumping up and down but giving it massive grins, smiles and so on.

JOD
03-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Hang on you can only buy a ticket if you are registered on our database so name address etc
What's the problem? Ok if you want to put your Hibs life on the line by giving them access then y ok u ain't really looking after your club

Hermit Crab
03-03-2019, 09:58 PM
Hang on you can only buy a ticket if you are registered on our database so name address etc
What's the problem? Ok if you want to put your Hibs life on the line by giving them access then y ok u ain't really looking after your club

It doesn't take much to register with Hibs, get a client ref number and buy a low value ticket for a Cat B game, a child ticket for example a very low outlay then hey presto you have a purchase history making you eligible to buy a ticket for any game you want, Cat A or not.

Glory Lurker
03-03-2019, 11:55 PM
I’m 100% in favour of keeping Hearts, Celtic and Rangers (add Aberdeen to that) fans out of our end, but we need to work out a way of letting tourists buy tickets for all Hibs games. It’s embarrassing that we have folk from abroad turned away because they’re not on the database. We take pride that the 2007 and 2016 renditions of Sunshine on Leith have piqued international interest, but we won’t let folk from yonder come to our biggest games because they’ve not bothered to come over to see us play the likes of Hamilton before. Crazy.

Edinburgh is up there with the most international-facing cities in the world. Hibs are a huge part of this city’s culture. We need to be as easy to watch as so many huge teams in Europe are.

Hermit Crab
03-03-2019, 11:59 PM
I’m 100% in favour of keeping Hearts, Celtic and Rangers (add Aberdeen to that) fans out of our end, but we need to work out a way of letting tourists buy tickets for all Hibs games. It’s embarrassing that we have folk from abroad turned away because they’re not on the database. We take pride that the 2007 and 2016 renditions of Sunshine on Leith have piqued international interest, but we won’t let folk from yonder come to our biggest games because they’ve not bothered to come over to see us play the likes of Hamilton before. Crazy.

Edinburgh is up there with the most international-facing cities in the world. Hibs are a huge part of this city’s culture. We need to be as easy to watch as so many huge teams in Europe are.

Scotland isn't the only place in the world where its difficult to get tickets for big games. You ever tried getting tickets in Italy for example? If our fans turned up we wouldn't need tourists to fill the gaps anyway.

Glory Lurker
04-03-2019, 12:06 AM
Scotland isn't the only place in the world where its difficult to get tickets for big games. You ever tried getting tickets in Italy for example? If our fans turned up we wouldn't need tourists to fill the gaps anyway.

Not Italy, but elsewhere just by booking a ticket on the basis I showed ID when I collected it.

If our our fans turned up.... but the point is they didn’t, and our club rules turn away sympathetic/neutrals who would have taken seats, and told their pals in wherever, who’d’ve told their pals (probably referencing them to SoL videos).....

Hermit Crab
04-03-2019, 12:10 AM
Not Italy, but elsewhere just by booking a ticket on the basis I showed ID when I collected it.

If our our fans turned up.... but the point is they didn’t, and our club rules turn away sympathetic/neutrals who would have taken seats, and told their pals in wherever, who’d’ve told their pals (probably referencing them to SoL videos).....

Maybe we can do what Fulham do then, have a designated neutral section only available to overseas fans.

Smartie
04-03-2019, 08:17 AM
Maybe we can do what Fulham do then, have a designated neutral section only available to overseas fans.

I'm pretty sure I ended up in a section like that when I went to see Bayern at the Allianz.

It was a section filled mainly with tourists but with a smattering of home and away fans.

And no trouble at all.

green day
04-03-2019, 08:25 AM

FF Lower seems to have a few spare seats..............

:greengrin

Bishop Hibee
04-03-2019, 08:53 AM
Went in the Aberdeen end with a couple of Hibs supporting mates at Uni there and their Dons supporting pals. We got pumped 4-0 and Durie got sent off so no hassle. Could have been different if we’d won and I don’t think I’d do it again!

Vini1875
04-03-2019, 09:07 AM
Since our allocation has been cut at Parkhead there are always a lot of Hibs fans in the sections next to the Hibs end who have been unable to get tickets for the Hibs end. Some who even jump up when we score. I have yet to see any bother.

Antifa Hibs
04-03-2019, 09:10 AM
Big deal about oppossing fans in the "wrong" end of the stadium. Not like the game was a sellout. So long as they're not acting the **** singing and celebrating let them kick-on. It's hardly rocket science to get on the ER database. Buy a ticket for Motherwell at home and then as if by magic you are on the home ticket database.

IWasThere2016
04-03-2019, 09:12 AM

It was 20% in my party - 4 Hibs and a Cellic fan

.Sean.
04-03-2019, 09:22 AM
Big deal about oppossing fans in the "wrong" end of the stadium. Not like the game was a sellout. So long as they're not acting the **** singing and celebrating let them kick-on. It's hardly rocket science to get on the ER database. Buy a ticket for Motherwell at home and then as if by magic you are on the home ticket database.
Would you have been okay with it had it been a Hun or a Jambo?

The Modfather
04-03-2019, 09:25 AM

If they kept low key and weren’t antagonising anyone don’t see what the problem is.

Kojock
04-03-2019, 09:30 AM

It’s not an criminal offence, however it’s a breach of the terms and conditions of purchasing a ticket.

As an aside why do we think it’s ok for Hibs fans to purchase tickets for the home end at Parkhead but get all uppity about it when the roles are reversed ??

Antifa Hibs
04-03-2019, 09:34 AM
.Sean. wrote...

There was a couple of huns next to be at the last game of the season last season. A da and his teenage laddie. Didn't bother me one bit. They never celebrated their goals but equally never celebrated Hibs goals.

Bevvied up singing the sash or boys of the old brigade get them to ****. Someone wanting to watch a game of fitba and not cause a scene, no biggy.

JOD
04-03-2019, 10:40 AM
It doesn't take much to register with Hibs, get a client ref number and buy a low value ticket for a Cat B game, a child ticket for example a very low outlay then hey presto you have a purchase history making you eligible to buy a ticket for any game you want, Cat A or not.
Fair enough comment.👍

Johnny Clash
04-03-2019, 11:06 AM
There was a couple of huns next to be at the last game of the season last season. A da and his teenage laddie. Didn't bother me one bit. They never celebrated their goals but equally never celebrated Hibs goals.

Bevvied up singing the sash or boys of the old brigade get them to ****. Someone wanting to watch a game of fitba and not cause a scene, no biggy.

Back in the 70s (and before) there was no segregation plus supporters would stand behind crates of beer getting more mashed up during the game. Yes there were running battles, missile attacks and ****ishes all the time but the big games still sold out and we were all used to standing next to opposition supporters. I’d always prefer to be next to fellow Hibbys but as you say, if a fan of another team sits next to me and respectfully watches the game I’d have no problem. Hibs fans sometimes do this in reverse and I’d like to think they wouldn’t be set upon either.

Scott Allan Key
04-03-2019, 11:16 AM

My father was assaulted by a Celtc fanny in the old cowshed at the CS gas incident game. A long time ago, but still rankles and left me with a deeper dislike for Celtc than any other club.

However, wasn’t the family stand in West at St Johnstone last week mixed or am I imagining that? I think family stands should be for both clubs playing with exception of Celtc, Sevco and Yams games.

Steven79
04-03-2019, 11:16 AM
My father was assaulted by a Celtc fanny in the old cowshed at the CS gas incident game. A long time ago, but still rankles and left me with a deeper dislike for Celtc than any other club.

However, wasn’t the family stand in West at St Johnstone last week mixed or am I imagining that. I think family stands should be for both clubs playing with exception of Celtc, Sevco and Yams games.

I was in the west and we were seperate from the St Johnstone fans.